As the oldest chain of hotels/motels, Choice Hotels are found in 35 countries with over 6,500 hotels. Of those properties, one can find something from every star rating and price range.

The Good

• Great website
  • Brands
  • Pet friendly
  • Customer service

Great Website

ChoiceHotels.com operates a high quality website which is easy to navigate and filter unwanted options from search results. Their hotels are part of a large network, giving convenience, quality and many choices from longer-term suites to a place to sleep while passing through a city on a road trip.

Choice Privileges Program

The Choice Privileges program gives frequent travelers rewards points back for staying in a Choice Property. Additionally, ChoiceHotels.com offers several rate and discount options such as AARP, AAA, business, senior and government/military rates.

Brands

Choice hotels consists of twelve different brands. Each brand offers its own franchising rights so amenities and other services are not necessarily standard simply because a hotel is part of the Choice umbrella. Choice Hotels are found internationally and the number of properties and locations are disclosed on each of the brands company profiles. The twelve brands that make up Choice Hotels are:

1. Ascend Hotel Collection
  10. Rodeway Inn
  11. Sleep Inn/Sleep Inn and Suites
  12. Suburban Extended Stay Hotel

Pet Friendly

Many Choice Hotels are pet friendly, making traveling easier when family pets are along. (There may be additional fees for traveling with an animal and service animals are always welcome.) For pet owners, the ability to search for properties which are pet friendly is very helpful.

Customer service representatives for ChoiceHotels.com have been rated as very good/excellent in comparison to the competitors. They are available 24/7, professional and able to answer questions with ease. Booking for a Choice Hotel property can be done online or over the phone.

ChoiceHotels.com is able to help travelers find lodging at any one of their properties as well as offering vacation packages in many cities. Being a member of Choice Privileges allows frequent travelers to earn points on hotels stays as well as receive discounted pre-paid rates. (These rates are better than the standard rates but come without the options to change or cancel rooms after the reservation is made and the room is paid for).

The Bad

• Terms and conditions
  • Limits of cancellation policy
  • Pet policies

Terms and Conditions

One of the biggest lacks for this website is that of not having a page with terms and conditions for changing or canceling reservations. Many of their competitors have this information explicitly documented on their websites, yet ChoiceHotels.com does not. Their policies are stated on their pricing pages, and for the non-refundable/non-changeable rates, there is a statement in red at the top of the page giving this information. We would like to see this spelled out more plainly on the site itself.

Limits of Cancellation Policy

If a guest books a hotel room in advance for a discounted rate, they are 100 percent stuck with that reservation. The cancellation policy does not apply. Additionally, the rate is non-changeable and non-refundable. A guest's credit card will be charged for the total reservation amount within 24-48 hours of booking the reservation. That means if guests are not entirely sure about their plans, they should probably avoid using the discounted option. Other limitations regarding Choice Hotels policies include:

• Choice Privileges Expirations: all points will expire on December 31, two years after the year in which they were deposited to the guest's account unless forfeited or canceled earlier due to membership inactivity or other outlined reasons
  • Advanced cancellation: guests will need to cancel their reservations 48 hours prior to their check-in time

Pet Policies

While Choice Hotels claims to be "pet friendly," guests should be aware that the policy actually varies depending on the location. Some hotels allow pets for free, others charge a service fee, and then there are those that prohibit pets from staying in their hotel rooms. Guests will need to contact the actual hotel they will be staying at to confirm the pet policy.

The Bottom Line

We recommend using ChoiceHotels.com for your travel needs because of the superior customer service, the extent of the choices in searching for a room, and their superior rewards program. The website could use more informational articles about different destinations, but even with this missing, the site does what it is intended to do - find a room at the best rate in the chain. Those that decide to book a room with any of the Choice Hotel chains can expect the following from their stay:

1. Best internet rate guarantee: guests do not need to worry about getting charged outrageous fees for high quality internet
  2. Thousands of locations: guests can choose from over 6,300 locations globally
  3. Discounts: those who book their stay in advance can save on their trip
  4. Cancellation policy: there are some restrictions associated with canceling that guests should be aware of
  5. Standard amenities: while it varies at each location, guests can typically enjoy the traditional amenities and services

2.3

Aunt Cathy

January 24th, 2020 Bay Saint Louis, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never have an issues booking. Sometimes there can be an issue when trying to use out points, but they will work with you to get it to work out correctly. And Everything is perfect when you check in

Tia Collins

December 6th, 2019 Reidsville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not ever stay at a Choice Hotel! We reserved rooms in SC for a race. We went to hotel before race and were told rooms were not ready. Went back to check in after the race and we were told rooms were no longer available. To top it off I was charoged for room that was given to someone else. I have been fighting with them since Sept 2019 for reimbursement of room. They keep telling me that check is in mail. "Bull!". It is now December 2019 and still no reimbursement! I will never stay in Choice Hotel ever again, even if my life depends on it!

Erik

November 4th, 2019 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too bad I can't give zero stars, and they have a long way to go to get to zero! I've stayed at the same hotel for over 20 years, varied experiences, now theyve become a "Choice Hotel". Talk about going down the toilet! Speaking of toilets, they overflow, and their response? Here's a plunger, fix it yourself. Leave me alone. Our maintenance won't be here until next week. This, after booking on their site for a confirmed price, guaranteed with credit card, and then on arrival they upped the price, take it or leave it. When I refused to stay in a room with feces on the floor, they sent me into an occupied room. And to top it off, I'm handicapped and had a lot of things to move since I was staying multiple nights, but it's "move yourself, we don't help". Room stunk. When I complained, nothing. Complained to Choice Hotels, "come back and stay with us again sometime" was the response. Oh, and you can't unsubscribe from their spam. So your inbox gets filled. Again, no customer service. Horrible place. Avoid them for your own sake.

Gary Sokol

October 23rd, 2019 Clarksburg, WV

made a reservation with ECONOLODGE...website stated that the motel was "Econolodge" and provided me with a confirmation number. a few days later I discovered this motel had changed, and was now privately owned. not satisfied, so I tried to call the number listed on confirmation only to find out that phone number no longer exists. tried to call the number for the existing motel, and could not get through. so,I called the Econolodge toll free number, was put on hold forever. never did speak with a real person, and I'm now out the cost of a room that I never stayed in. Not happy at all !!!!!

Denise Lee

October 4th, 2019 East Hartford, CT

I’m writing this Positive review because of the Awesome service and treatment my dear friend who is like a sister is receiving at the Comfort Inn in Wethersfield, CT. I wrote a review a week ago and the service just keeps getting better. She is very happy staying there! She safe, it’s kelt super clean, the room is beautiful,! She has everything she needs to be comfortable. The entire staff is friendly and ready to help the guest! Desire is there at breakfast always giving great customer service! The food is delicious! They give you lots of time to eat from 6:00-10:00am Delaia at the front desk always gives Excellent Customer service making sure everything is running correctly! Betsy in housekeeping keeps everything clean and beautiful! My sister and I are very satisfied with the Guest Customer Service from the staff at this Comfort Inn! All 3 of these employees have showed so much care and kindness to my sister and I! Thank you , Denise Lee

ant

October 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In general I like using the choice hotels web site for booking rooms. The hotel brands give you a variety of quality and amenities and within a brand the reviews available online give you a good idea how a particular hotel ranks with other hotels in the chain. I use booking.com to get unbiased reviews. We have got free rooms with their loyalty program as well as amenities and upgrades because of our status. I do have a complaint about detail hidden in their Rules and Regulations that should be made clear during the booking process. We recently returned from a trip to Norway. A our last stay in a Comfort Hotel in Oslo the hotel clerk gave us our final invoice and told us that our points would not be automatically deposited in our account because Norway uses a different point system but told us if we sent the invoice to customer service they would add the points. We put the work into sending the information to customer service and was told that they do not award point in Norway and to read the fine print in Rules and Regulations. I could book rooms in Norway on the American website and even use my Choice privileges points to book in Norway and there was no indication during the booking process that I would not earn points but sure enough in the fine print it said points were not awarded in Norway and most of the Baltic countries. I think they should make this clear during the booking process. I have corresponded twice with customer support about this. Foe this reason I am taking 1 star off what should be a 5 star review.

A PEEVED “EX”-PATRON

September 24th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CHOICE’s... Supposed “Rewards Program” is the “WORST” One Out There. Rewards Programs Are “Suppose” To Be For Perks, Not Inconveniencing The Patrons... Making A Member Leave A Hotel And Go To Another, Checking In & Out, And Having To Wait 24 Hrs Between Stays.... Then Wait 72 Hours To Then Get Points Is Not Only Inconveient but Its Insane!! Not Only Is The Program Completely Inefficient But Its Cost Prohibitive To Each Location’s Property Proprietor In Labor Cost...i.e Cleaning Room, Washing Lenins, Paperwork, It’s & The Program’s Points Reconciliation....etc. (WHAT A JOKE.). This Program Is Setup For Transient People... Not Business Executives. NO WAY, Could Choice’s Rewards Program Be Anywhere Near Winning Any Rewards. I Have Stayed Near 40+ Nights And Have Only Earned One Free Night...???!!? EXACTLY! Thats Some “Rewards” Program CHOICE HOTELS OFFER.... I Hope The Membership Rewards Manager, I Just Have Spoke With....Actually Cancelled My Membership. As I Will NEVER Use Any Of The “CHOICE” Brand Chain Hotels Again. I Will Be Posting This On Google Too... Everyone Needs To Know, “NOT TO BOTHER!”. BEWARE....!!!! Waste Of Time. Any Other Hotel/Travel App. Will Benefit You Much Better. **DELETE THIS APP FROM YOUR PHONE AND MOVE YOUR MOUSE OR FINGER, ONTO ANY OTHER HOTEL FOR YOUR STAY!!

AJ

September 24th, 2019 Amherst, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I stayed for the promotional free night. Total bs. I could have stayed somewhere nicer, for less money, but I stayed there to get my free night. Total BS. Don't stay here. Total disappointment. The call center was in India, and the CSR spoke over me after I complained that I met the requirements (which was confirmed by the desk person at the hotel where I stayed). Crooks.

Shawn stoddard

August 20th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience sucked. The promotion is total crap. It says stay 2 nights and receive a 50 dollar gift card. I stayed 5 nights with 5 separate transactions and choice hotels said that's considered 1 stay. The sign clearly states stay 2 nights receive 50$. Just another scam company that's getting away with false advertisement. Go through another well known site like Expedia or Travelocity. Atleast you get an honest deal.

Kathy M

August 1st, 2019 Nixa, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I went on vacation to TN. Stayed at Quality Inn and Suites in Jasper TN on July 23-24. The Bed was like sleeping on two box springs, told the front desk and the second day two men came to change it out, we told them we were leaving. Wasn't happy with how long it took them to fix the problem. wont be staying at any Choice Hotels again.....

Tiffanie Patrick

July 30th, 2019 McKeesport, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This hotel was accidentally booked. We intended to stay at the Rodeway Inn Amish Country (10min down the road). As we were enroute and realized the mistake I contacted the hotel directly. I explained what occurred. The manager advised since there was not a pool at their location and we had not checked in he was willing to cancel the reservation and refund my money to stay at the Rodeway Inn Amish Country. I thanked him and then we booked there. My money has never been returned. I have contacted Choice Hotels and Rodeway Inn Owners with no success. The manager is refusing to return calls and has stated per Rodeway Inn "there is no refund." I would not have stayed at the Amish Country if I was not told we were getting the amount refunded for only a 10min drive for one night! I will continue to fight but be very cautious about staying at this property.

Dr. Carol Jordan

July 22nd, 2019 Lexington, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have stayed at the Newport Kentucky Comfort Suites for the last 10 days. It has been the best overall hotel experience I have had in years, and I travel a lot. From the front desk staff: Tanya, James, Ricky, Jason, Tesa, and Lauren to the breakfast room: Clarence and Sheila and including the entire cleaning staff: Lisa Brossart, Kim, Alex, Pernell and Tiffany... all have done their jobs expertly and treated me with such kindness and helpfulness. The rooms and the property are spotlessly clean, the rooms are well appointed and the mattress is so comfortable. I am a 73 year old retired professor(widow) and I have spent several night on the road from Canada at inferior hotels. So I especially appreciate this hotel. Thanks for a good stay. Dr. Carol Jordan

Levi

July 19th, 2019 Washington, DC

Customer service holding times in one evening Firat call 21 min. Then put on hold for Infinity and hung up. 2nd call - 25 min hold hung up. Last call 10 min hold someone answered and I was simply trying to ask about the policy that if you pay cash, why do you have to pay $150 plus the cash for the room? I didn’t get an answer because I was put on hold another 39 mins for customer relations or some office. They never answered but all through the call it was emphasized how important their customers were. That’s just not true. These are the longest hold times in the industry. I’m an Agent and will not be booking anyone with Choice again!!

Lauren

July 15th, 2019 Caledonia, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Attempted to call customer service. On hold for 17 minutes before the first person answered. He could not resolve my problem, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. He responded with “I am the supervisor.” Which is obviously not true as supervisors don’t answer general phone calls. I told him this and he placed me on hold for another 15 minutes. I’m still on hold now.

Ab

May 9th, 2019 Willoughby, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I will never again stay here. The customer service is well below par. I asked for the late check out. They couldn't give it to me. I am a reward member and all the hotels have given me this rate. The Somerset manager refunded me 30 percent for the hassle but that's not good enough. This manager is terrible his name was Mike. He talked to me condescendingly. I had to be moved and there were girls crying outside my room and making noise. He told me people were allowed to sit in the hallway and make noise outside people's rooms. He told me he bumped someone else out of their room to give me mine which was a lie. The front door girl told me she had several. He so much as told me I was lying when he could see his video footage. Rooms were musty smelling. The first floor rooms had a terrible odor. The best he could do was give me a 30 percent discount. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere but here. This hotel chain at least in Somerset NJ is a huge disappointment and for the money this is uncalled.for

E.byrd

May 8th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Danica was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area great staying here

OB

March 15th, 2019 Canyon Lake, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tried to find my poor review that I wrote last year regarding the two road trips, couldn’t find it? However read the current reviews and it appears that I wasn’t the only one that was dissatisfied with your hotels. I as a retired member of the Military found and used your info from Military.com, I have sent a request to them to remove your logo from their site. Bottom line, I should have been paid to stay st your hotels. Except for Lubbock the other six we stayed at were in a word lousy!!

Julie

March 4th, 2019 Destin, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A humble note of appreciation for the outstanding customer service provided by Luis. Good afternoon. I booked a hotel room in Montgomery Alabama this morning (march 3)and unfortunately I booked the wrong dates. I called the choicehotels customer service in the evening and the guy named Luis helped me to change the dates even though it was a prepaid non refundable reservation. I’m very thankful for doing that. Fantastic customer service, Luis was very polite , attentive . Just wanted to say thank you again for your support.

Janice I.

February 15th, 2019 Lincolnwood, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had the most awful experience at the Comfort Suites in Schaumburg, Illinois. We found bed bugs in the middle of the night. We called the front desk and the manager was not in. The attendant at the desk said he would have the manager get in touch with us in the morning. That never happened. My husband tried to call this manager, Angel, at least FIVE times and left messages on his voice mail. I left one message and the manager never called me back either. I have photos of the bed bugs bites on my leg. I can post them here if necessary. Our visit was in December 2018. The man at the desk that night saw the bloody bug we killed. This is, by far, the worst customer service we have ever experienced. We are retired and travel a lot. We stay overnight at many places on the weekends. We have NEVER been treated with such disrespect. I can only hope this review gets posted. Others should be aware of how the manager treats his guests at the Comfort Suites in Schaumburg, IL. Thank you.

Alie

January 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to be a platinum member with Choice Hotels. Over the course of 2 and half years I stayed dozens and dozens of time I lost count. I had over 82, 000 points with them. My job role then changed and did not require me to travel. Being busy with work and life I did not have time to use those points for a getaway. I logged on last month to find that all my points are gone. I contact them and they “investigate” it and tell me they will get back to me in 10 business days. Those days come and pass and I heard nothing. I called back and spoke to a supervisor named Edwin. He told me it was due to my inactivity. I explained to him that I was not sent as much as an e-mail that I would be losing my points, not contact from them, nothing at all. He proceeded to tell me if I don’t stay at one of their hotels after 12 months then they stop sending me emails and after 18 months they completely remove all my points so I would not get a warning e-mail. Good scam system there. My job role is a manager at Reynolds and Reynolds and although I no longer travel I used to book my team at choice hotels but I have stopped doing that. Choice hotels care nothing for the customer. No compensation. No warning of points being removed. This has been one of the worst customer services I have had contact with even with their mistakes they will not fix their error.

Ray Hamilton

January 3rd, 2019 Hixson, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I booked three rooms for 28/29 Dec 2018 at Quality Inn & Suites148. All three reeked of tobacco smoke! In addition, room 146 one of the two beds had no box springs (only a mattress). As a result, my son's guest had two near sleepless nights after a thirteen hour drive! Room 148 had a leaky faucet in the bathroom sink and the tobacco smell was so strong my grandson and his guest had to have a different room. If it wasn't for the nice breakfast and clean bathrooms I wouldn't have even give it the one star rating! Ray Hamilton

RevJC

December 18th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Choice Hotels has little to no control over the policies, customer service, rates, mandatory deposits, or even the participation in its Choice Privileges reward program of the hotels under its brand. Their customer service reps are not available 24/7. They rarely provide assistance of any kind. The Choice Privileges reward program does have a decent benefit with its point system for earning free room nights. However, that is the only Choice Privileges reward that you are likely to experience. All the other “benefits” of their rewards program are honored only if the hotel you stay agrees to allow you that benefit. I am a Diamond member. Do I ever get late checkup until 2pm? No. Do I ever get a room upgrade? No. Do I ever get anything out of my Diamond level status other than an occasional free night? No. Even their customer service supervisor said that their hotels can pick and choose whether to offer any Choice Privileges benefits at all, and can even change their mind from customer to customer. If I were a hotelier and my franchisor offered a Rewards Program that gave me the option to benefit from its rewards program, but not offer its members anything in return even though it claims to offer a laundry list of benefits, I would probably do exactly that as well. Many of Choice’s front desk agents don’t even know how their reward program works because they don’t honor it.

Søren

December 14th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This review has been left on Consumer Affairs as well. Please do your research before staying at one of these properties. First I will say that I usually don't have any issue with budget hotels, I can often stay in some places that others wouldn't feel comfortable in but that most certainly isn't the case here. I came to Tacoma (Fife) from out of town for a concert that was nearby. We checked in at approximately 2:50pm at the Rodeway Inn (Fife). The slightly early checkin would have been a bonus if anything else about this property was even halfway decent. Overall, my first impression was that the property itself was run down and had trash in many of the exterior hallways, a lot of smokers, and some questionable activities happening in the parking lot (drug deals) so not really a good start. Upon checking in at the front desk, the first thing I noticed was that the hotel has "visiting hours" which seemed a bit strange to me but it was explained to me that it was for "security reasons". They needed a copy of every persons ID that was staying in the room which I also thought was a bit weird but again it was for "security reasons". After that I received our keys and walked to the room which was on the bottom floor around back by the pool and we noticed several issues immediately. Most noticeably the room looked NOTHING like the advertised photos currently being shown on choicehotels.com. I'm not sure if those photos were taken when the hotel first opened up or if those are the most premium rooms they had but it is certainly not indicative of the room you will be staying in. Be warned. The photos on Yelp come far closer to what the rooms actually look like than anything I saw on the website. The first issue in the room was that the "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarette smoke. Second was that the outer screen looked like it had been broken into. Third was that the lock on the door (inside) looked broken and was being held together by masking tape. Fourth was that the room looked dirty, with broken/stained lamp shades, dirty bathroom mirror and tub and bedspreads that were stained. I immediately asked to be switched rooms and we were "upgraded" into a room that did have nicer beds/appliances but was still dirty (you could see spots on the mirror, places that weren't vacuumed, stains in the bathtub etc.) BUT the BIGGEST ISSUE was the BULLET HOLE in the artwork hanging on the wall across from the window that also had a hole in it that aligned perfectly. Clearly this was not a safe place to stay. At that point we just left the hotel and didn't even stay. Our safety is far more important than a discount hotel room. We chose to go down the road, closer to Tacoma into the Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome where we were accommodated without issue. I tried to contact ChoiceHotels directly to receive a refund since we didn't receive any goods or services but they told me in email that "each hotel is a franchise and I would have to contact Rodeway Inn directly" after being told on the phone by a ChoiceHotels representative that ChoiceHotels would refund me even if they hotel didn't. I contacted the hotel directly and they tried claiming that there wasn't a bullet hole in the room after "inspection" despite me providing photo evidence of such which I still have and have uploaded as proof on other review sites. I will NEVER do business at another Rodeway Inn and even further I will never stay at any ChoiceHotel property again. It's absolutely ridiculous to expect a person to stay in unsafe conditions or with dirty/hazardous conditions. ChoiceHotels lends it's name to this establishment and yet doesn't stand behind them or the standards (or lack thereof) means they should probably remove their name from association. Otherwise, be willing to not only stand behind the hotels you represent but also the claims that your phone representatives make as well. 100% disappointed. Will not recommend to anyone and would actively recommend people to choose other hotels from more reputable brands. Completely unacceptable.

Joanne Tanner

November 27th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After spending the day driving through a Wyoming blizzard and most of Utah, we arrived at the Quality Inn in Wendover, Utah. They are usually quite nice. However, soon after we parked in the check in area, the manager or owner rudely yelled at us to move our truck so he could move his vehicle. Then he came inside while I was checking on availability and pet policy for two dogs. He asked how many dogs we had and I said five, but I was only bringing in two. He then accused me of lying. My husband is a professional dog trainer, so we travel with dogs. One was hurt and one was old, the others were fine in the trailer. People in the service industry should be a lot more respectful to potential customers. At that point, I went to a nearby competitor and had a restful evening with the two dogs and my husband. Needless to say I will be more cautious when checking out Choice Hotel properties, as will my friends.

Christine Liberti

November 16th, 2018 Dandridge, TN

I booked Two (2) rooms at the Comfort Inn ( MI385) in Dearborn Michigan - check in Oct. 10, 2018 check out Oct 12, 2018 and was given a nightly rate of $89.99 per night/per room and was to receive Two (2) tickets to the Henry Ford Museum for each room. The rooms were mediocre to say the least; they smelled musty and were in real need of an upgrade. I had done all my communications with Kamal, who was an agent on location at the front desk. Upon completion of my stay and receipt of my Room Charges, not only was I not charged $89.99 as per my confirmation, but I was also charged to the two (2) tickets for the Henry Ford Museum which were included in the confirmation price of the room. When I spoke to the Manager Andrew B, not only was he RUDE indicating that I was Not Entitled to the Tickets but also told Me that I was making that location lose money because I was disputing my final bill. This was all being done in the morning during Breakfast when everyone was there eating and hearing all that was going on. I left Not being credited to properly pay what I had confirmed and was forced to dispute the entire bill with my credit card company. What a horrible experience, will make me think twice about ever staying at a Comfort Inn again.

Penny

November 7th, 2018 Scottsburg, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We arrived in Tulsa on state hwy 66 expecting to book a free stay. had a difficult doing that and was on the phone for 30 minutes in the lobby. Kristal the clerk here at Comfort Inn and Suites was just super. She went above and beyond once we got our room to make sure we had exactly what we wanted and were comfortable and happy

kmerk74

October 22nd, 2018 Avon, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called Choice Hotels customer service to modify our stay. We decided to travel further down the road that evening and was within time to cancel without penalty. Re-booking our stay at another hotel increased the price of our room to $172... Had I cancelled and re-booked through the app, I would have been able to book the room for $127. They would not honor the price difference. I was then transferred to a sales rep for a special that was being promoted for Choice Ascend Hotels. After politely listening to the offer, I declined. I was harassed by the sales rep who put great pressure on me. I had to finally hang up on her. The hotel we stayed that evening was Comfort Suites in Smyrna, TN. The room was very dirty. The tub bottom was black with dirt. The carpeting was dirty and there was debris all over. There was a lot of hair from previous guests in the bathroom. I also woke up with bug bites. I called Choice Hotels and was told they could do nothing. I spoke with the manager on-site and emailed the general manager and I was only offered a 1000 point compensation towards my next stay by the on-site manager. I was never contacted by the general manager of the hotel. I will never use Choice Hotels for my stays again. There are too many other nice hotels to choose from. I'm so disappointed!

Zorina Pride

September 25th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very friendly, clean and great service with semi truck parking. Highly recommended

Betty Yerger

September 4th, 2018 Heber Springs, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My sister and I stayed at the Lewiston, ID Comfort Inn August 22 - 24, 2018. They were very nice and the staff was very helpful...even when we locked ourselves out of our room. I appreciated the cleanliness of the facilitie, the location and the breakfast. It was very quiet and we slept well. We have family in the area and if we return we will stay there.

Charlotte McLaurin

August 30th, 2018 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I stayed in a handicap room at the Comfort Suites in Lake City Florida the night of August 8th, 2018. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The next morning I went down to the lobby to enjoy the free breakfast. I have recently started using a walker and I was wondering how I was going to balance plates and cups to get to my table. Then an angel named Lori appeared who worked the morning breakfast shift. She came right over to help me get my things to the table, making sure I had silverware, etc., and the to top It off she made and bought to me the best of coffee ever. Her help was so appreciated. She is a real and true asset to your hotel. It is hard to find people to work for you that really put your customers first. I will truly be back and hope that Lori will still be there. Sincerely, Charlotte McLaurin

Dylan Findlay

August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Reasonable prices but low quality hotels. You definitely get what you pay for.

Kath caudel

August 27th, 2018 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot give a 0, Or else I would. They give offers of stay nights get one free. When it's off points system. You get 6,000 points to use on a stay which you cannot book free a free stay anywhere with those little of points. Lowest points to book is 25,000. Of course this was not told to me when I booked stays for this promotion. I spent from 10am to 3pm on phone to them today . Talked to over 24 different people with them finally tired of me and told me to just to call actual hotels and complain. Do not support any choice hotels.

Raymond L. Crenshaw

August 14th, 2018 Mobile, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(AL251) 1035 Highway 80 West Demopolis,AL 36732 is where me and family book three rooms and there were bed bugs crawling on us. When I told the General Manager that I wanted a refund I quote " you are not getting a refund and get off property before I call the police." I have been Choice Privileges member for 15 years until that. I plan to cancel my membership ASAP and recommend you do the same if you do not want to have a experience like mine. I just told them what my family members brought to my attention during breakfast.

Susan Stahl

August 6th, 2018 Arlington, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stop the stupid, low class, ANNOYING bada boom commercials!!!!! When I see it coming on TV I grab my remote and change the channel as quickly as I can because this commercial is like fingernails on the chalkboard! I can't stand to listen to it!!!!! It's not funny, entertaining, catchy, or cute! So why in the world would you select it to promote your product?!

Joanne Hendershot

July 2nd, 2018 Etowah, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am just sick. I started to book a hotel room for my daughter and her boyfriend at a hotel with an outdoor pool but with the weather we are having went with Comfort Suites Airport Alcoa since their pool is indoor. I was never informed that their pool was being renovated. My kids were so so disappointed this was suppose to be a perfect weekend and the main reason for booking with them was the indoor pool. The hotel had to have received notice that we had booked a reservation just as I was notified of the confirmation by email why didn't someone let us know I would have gone to another hotel and chanced the weather with an outdoor pool if I couldn't find another hotel with an indoor. For young people it's not about a clean room it's about the pool weight room wifi etc. Just sick about this!

Sheila K. Yourek

June 28th, 2018

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites in St. Augustine Beach at 901 A1A Beach Blvd. St. Augustine, FL 32080 in June, 2018 for 5 days and I would recommend this motel. Great service and very reasonable with just being across the road from the beach. The help was very friendly and the lady would make the waffles for you in the morning. Would highly recommend.

john

June 14th, 2018 Vernon Hills, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AC did not work and hadn't worked the day before, we had to find another hotel at 10PM the night of our stay.

Kate

June 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is basically useless. If a problem arises that is anything out of the ordinary, you receive no help. On the phone, you get passed around to many different people, all of whom have no answers. Via email, responses are few and far between. When you finally get an email response, it seems as if they didn't even read the message. Example: I sent an email regarding their system not recognizing my Choice Privileges credit card. I was very clear as to what the problem was and typed in the exact error message I was receiving. Three separate times customer service agents ignored my message and gave the blanket recommendations of visiting choicehotels.com or calling their reservations center. I am very easy to please and don't ask for much, and I have been a loyal customer. This lack of competence from anybody in customer service is frustrating and, frankly, flabbergasting.

Gene Hofmann

June 12th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are on day 38 of a cross country vacation. We are four choice members in one car. We are retired, and veterans. We have mostly stayed with your chain because we expect a higher standard. I want to tell you about one employee that went above and beyond normal to make our trip better. Her name is: Janissa S. Gen’l Mgr. 5100 7th st. Bay City.

Wilma Mealer

May 24th, 2018 McAllen, TX

Very clean and management were awesome! After a long drive the managment was welcoming and the room was ready and very clean with up to date accommodations! I would definitely stay here again. Hotel is in Cincinnati, Ohio.

K Robison

April 30th, 2018 Layton, UT

Good way to find hotels. I have used quite a bit and have never been disappointed with its suggestions.

Mary Evans

April 23rd, 2018 Rockledge, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I stayed at Quality Inn (SC074). I arrived on 4/19/18 and departed on 4/20/18. My experience was wonderful. I usually stay at LaQuinta's, because of their free pet policy. There was no LaQuinta nearby. You really should have a free pet policy. However; there was a wonderful worker at the desk when we checked out. Her name is Chantel. She was so pleasant and helpful. What a wonderful, happy worker. She went above and beyond to help us. Thanks for the great employee.

marilyn perna

April 9th, 2018 Toledo, OH

We were at the Comfort Suites(OH)311 and it was great, clean, large, very comfortable beds but when the wind hit the back of the building, it caused a metal flap to clang all night, fan speed did not help, turning off did not help, if I had a screw driver I would have taken the inside cover off and fixed it, very difficult to sleep hardly any sleep due to the metal noise, desk people said they did not know what the problem was and other units also have the same problem.

Latonya L Lewis

March 23rd, 2018 Orlando, FL

Alison S ,Mr Q was very helpful and resourceful during our stay at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel when I come back to New Orleans this will be the place where I will stay very nice and friendly people here my stay was very comfortable very clean rooms.

Pascal Dupuis

March 20th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Booked 1 room for 4 guest using Choice Hotels Website. When I received the reservation confirmation email I noticed the room was reserved for only 1 guest. I called customer service and made the change. I received another confirmation email with the changes requested but also a very substantial rate increase. I went back on their website and cancelled the room right away. I received a cancellation email along with a cancellation number. A month later, I got a call from the hotel I had book the room for telling me I was a no show and was going to be charge the full rate on my credit card. I told the person I had cancelled and provided the cancellation number. She told me she couldn't help me as I book with Choice Hotels and I should take it with them. I talk several times to different customer service representatives but was always told they were investigating. After three weeks of that, I insisted to talk to a manager who told me that their investigation showed no wrong from their part and I was not entitled to reimbursement even if I provided the cancellation number along with the reservation number and all. In order to get my money back, I had to go to Visa file a fraud complaint. Provided them with all my proofs and that was it. Choice Hotels getting a bad rep for $180...wow!

Katelyn Petersen

November 8th, 2017 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Most of the choice hotels that I have been to are very clean and the customer service is always fantastic! Not to mention they have hot breakfast!

Frank Dunsmore

October 24th, 2017 Ambler, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Comfort Suites Amish Country PA186 Without a doubt, one of my favorite hotels; Period. We were here for four months in 2017, and typically spend months on the road for business . We were warmly greeted with smiles every time we walked through the door, and the staff couldn’t be friendlier; they live in the area, so don’t hesitate to ask for directions. Despite their location on a busyish road, no road noise was heard in any of the rooms, and it’s a central location for Amish Country tourism. There was always a hot breakfast waiting in the morning, and a Family restaurant next door. Rooms were clean, linens always fresh, heat/AC was on to make it comfortable (seasonality), and the housekeeping was simply top-notch! Occasionally, wi-fi was spotty (reported by co-worker), but I never experienced internet connectivity problems! I found this to be a great value for the money -service was attentive and efficient. If anything, book early as they tend to fill up quickly. I look forward to my next visit out here and the new friends I’ve made. Safe Travels!

Jon Peters

October 2nd, 2017 Millersville, MD

Trying to make a reservations on Choice hotel customer service 800 number is imposable . The wait is forever and then you get someone that does not speak English. THANK YOU -- after 40 years at Choice hotels I now use Holiday Inn and Best Western

B-JM

September 19th, 2017 Canton, MS

Excellent customer service rendered. Very Clean room. Hot and nutritious breakfast. Great family environment. Staff very friendly.

D. Velsor

September 11th, 2017 New Windsor, NY

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in winterville, NC. The AC in the workout room didnt work. There was no remote for the TV in the workout room, an employee tried to help me but couldnt. The pool filter was not working so the pool was full of bugs. Then I was charged $1.50 per nite for a room safe I did not use. Wont be staying there again.