Total Home Protection provides its warranty services to the majority of the United States. The company strives to constantly offer customers fast and effective solutions with a network of qualified service contractors. The warranty company believes in providing great value and protection against the high costs of home and appliance repairs. Whether you are planning to buy a new home, sell your existing home, or simply stay put, Total Home Protection's products can you save time and money.

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Types of Home Warranties
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Pre-Screened Local Technicians

Competitive Prices

Total Home Protection offers its customers home warranty services at a price that is competitive in the market. The company offers a competive average price of $399 for its basic coverage, putting it right in line with other top providers in the industry.

Types of Home Warranties

Total Home Protection offers a comprehensive warranty plan to fit every homeowner’s budget. Your service agreement coverage will repair or replace covered items, regardless of age, make, or model. You can choose from the following three plans:

• Gold: basic coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as a water heater, a built-in microwave oven, and a garage door opener.
  • Platinum: total coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as an air conditioning, a plumbing system, and an electrical system.
  • Optional: additional coverage, includes systems and appliances such as a pool and spa, a septic system, and an additional water heater.

Also, the following home warranties are offered by Total Home Protection:

• Homeowner Warranty
  • Seller Home Warranty
  • Buyer Conversion Warranty
  • Buyer Direct Warranty
  • Renewal Warranty Contract

24/7 Customer Service

Total Home Protection offers unmatched customer service around the clock. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This makes filing a claim and receiving service significantly easier and can give homeowners, especially first-time home buyers, a peace of mind knowing they are covered 24/7.

Pre-Screened Local Technicians

With a home warranty from Total Home Protection, you will not have to search any directories for contractors or repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. Total Home Protection offers authorized technicians who are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.

See if you qualify

The Bad

Coverage

Total Home Protection only covers 33 of 50 states. Even though that is a big portion of the country, 17 other states are denied of their services. If you live in one of the states that is not covered by Total Home Protection services you might need to look for home warranty coverage somewhere else.

The Bottom Line

Total Home Protection offers their services to 33 of 50 states. They believe in providing high quality products and services that will fit with your budget and your home warranty expectations. The company offers a variety of policies and plans to their customers at competitive prices starting at just $399. With multiple plans offered, you have the option to find the plan that will fit your home warranty needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Total Home Protection below.

2.8

ticarra martinez

August 29th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm super duper, happy that I decided to get Total Home Protection. I was in the process of making a big family dinner for my family and some family member's from out of town coming to visit way from the east coast . I was baking most of the food. I went to turn oven on to preheat and it would not turn on I just about lost it as the top range was working fine. I immediately got on the phone and talk with Annette who was friendly and very helpful. She was able to locate a contractor to come and take a look. He came out in about 1 hour and fixed the minor problem, which was a blown fuse. It was fixed in a jiffy. I was able to cook my family dinner and dessert's on time and I'm so happy. This warranty is a keeper!

Kristin Capone

August 29th, 2018 Abbeville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have the Platinum plan and are now overjoyed we chose it! We thought something was wrong with the HVAC unit because the air conditioning just didn't seem to be blowing as hard. We knew our platinum plan covered our heating and cooling unit so we called. They were very professional, just good old fashioned customer service. They took the time to really listen to my explanation without interruption. We had a service person here the next day. It wasn't the unit itself, it was fallen degraded duct work. I saw dollar signs immediately. I just looked at my husband and whispered...."this could be major money ". I really at that time didn't realize our platinum plan also covered duct work. You just can't imagine how thrilled we were. All we had to pay was our deductible. This plan just paid for itself. Beyond satisfied. It takes away that feeling of worry if something goes wrong at wrong time, how do you pay for it? Platinum plan with THP was worth it for us.

Karen Cassidy

August 28th, 2018 Mystic, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service staff at Total Home Protection is amazing! I had a question about some of the repairs I had done, and the entire process was explained to me thoroughly. The wait time on the phone has been short both of the times I called. With this being my first time having any coverage on my appliances, I did not totally understand how it all works. "You're all set, you only pay the deductible." Music to my ears!

Sheron

August 25th, 2018 Somerset, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dishwasher broke down recently. I called THP to file a claim with my extended warranty. Customer service was very nice and arranged for a service am to come out. Peter was on time and professional. He repaired the dishwasher within an hour and was off on his day. I only had to pay my deductible. I am very happy with THP.

Beverly Ahrens

August 24th, 2018 Glen Carbon, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Still waiting. Called with an air conditioning emergency, and they couldn't give me an estimate of how long it would be for someone to Get back with me. It's going to be 109 degrees here this week.

Michelle Abston

August 24th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I woke up one morning had no hot water. It turns out that the heating element went out. I contacted the customer service agent at Total Home Protection and she arranged for a technician to come the same day. The whole process was very professionally handled. Once the service tech let me know that the pilot light was going to need to be replaced, he went to pick up a new one and fixed when he got back. I only had to pay my deductible. It is working fine now.

Julia C. Valle

August 23rd, 2018 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called in over a month ago about a/c issues. no one ever came out or contacted me. I found the reset button on my a/c unit myself and got it going again. Tuesday when I got home from seeing my grandson in the NICU my a/c was not cooling. I called and got set up with Action heating and cooling who came out and recommend that the unit be replaced. I have all my service records on the unit. Total home protection refused to pay for the repair or replacement of the unit. I offered to send in my service records on the unit . They still refused to fix it. It was only when I called today and wanted to cancel and told them I was going to see a lawyer. They offered to cover the repairs. I asked to have my full amount that I paid for the warranty refunded to me they refused. Very dissatisfied . I have spent two days trying to get this issue resolved and because of this have not seen my grandson for that period of time who is still in NICU. This company has caused more undue stress in a already bad time. I would not refer anyone to them. Asking for a full refund really doesn't even begin to right the bad experience . I have lost two days with my grandson as a direct result of their not getting it right the first time... Julia Valle 8/23/18

Shelia Moulds

August 22nd, 2018 Columbus, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As I was getting up to wash my dishes I noticed that I didn’t have any hot water. That’s when I realized my hot water heater went out. I called THP customer service an got in touch with Mandy from the warranty department. We set my appointment for someone to come look at my hot water heater the next day. After thoroughly looking it over, the service man decided that I needed a new, up to date hot water heater. He put in the order, and two days later it was installed. All I had to pay was my deductible upon installment. I loved how they sorted everything in a timely manner. Every homeowner should have a protection plan with THP.

Tracy harris

August 22nd, 2018 Oxford, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve cancelled it. They don’t stand behind their sales pitch. AC went out and denied my claim. False advertising scamming the public. If you look at some of the other complaints it happens a lot. I will file a complaint with the BBB.

Agnes Barnes

August 21st, 2018 Caryville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best thing I ever did was get an extended warranty with Total Home Protection. My air conditioner went out during the summer time in the hottest month of the year. When I called Sandra was very nice and helpful. Total Home Protection had a repairman out to fix it by that afternoon. He arrived on time and ready to get the AC repaired. The capacitor had gone out. He replaced it and the air was cooling again. I only had to pay my deductible and my air conditioner was as good as new. I am a satisfied customer and definitely recommend Total Home Protection.

Taken for.

August 20th, 2018 Sierra Vista, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They use any excuse not to pay for a water heater will not heat!

Ebony Spencer

August 18th, 2018 Valdosta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my air conditioner went out, I quickly called Total Home Protection for help. Barbara started a claim for me and arranged for a contractor to come out later that afternoon. The service man was on time and got right to work. He found that I was out of freon and filled it back up, as well as cleaned the AC. It is nice and cool again. Thanks THP.

Henry Liu

August 17th, 2018 East Elmhurst, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was cooking up dinner for my family when my oven's glass door cracked. I called Total Home Protection for help and Sandra in customer service arranged for a technician to come out. I gave the make and model of my oven and the technician came prepared with a new door. He was able to remove the oven door and replace it with a new one and things were working fine again. I paid my deductible and I was back in the kitchen. I am so glad I have this warranty. I know it saved me money.

Patricia Savina

August 16th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a built-in microwave oven combo that recently stopped heating and turntable stopped working. A new unit will probably run me in the $3,000 range. Money is tight and I just can’t drop that kind of money to buy a new one. I called THP and asked if the appliance was covered in my warranty. Fortunately it was covered. I made an appointment for the repairman to come in. The next day, the repairman came in, had the magnetron replaced and got a new circuit board. Problem solved. Looking back, I was grateful to have THP warranty in time like that. For the money I spent on getting myself a THP warranty is nothing compared to the headache I would have gotten otherwise.

Britt Thomas

August 15th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shortly after closing on our new house, one of our pipes burst and flooded the basement. Along with the couch and the carpet in our media room being ruined, the water shorted out the outlet the TV was plugged into and fried our month-old 60" 4K flat-screen! If we hadn't had our home warranty, we'd have been out-of-pocket to get the pipes fixed. If that was the case, I would have no money left in my pocket to replace my carpet, couch or television. Make sure you get a home warranty before the unforeseen rears its ugly head!

marcelo rios

August 12th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My garbage disposal broke down on a Tuesday so I called the customer service line at Total Home Protection. I spoke to a very polite and knowledgeable representative and they arranged for a contractor to come out the next day. The service person arrived on time at my house and got to work immediately, in about an hour he fixed my garbage disposal told me some do’s and don’ts for my system. He was professional and easy to talk to, I especially liked that he cleaned and made sure everything was put back. I will renew my contract when it comes due.

RACHEL RODARTE

August 11th, 2018 Hesperia, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After calling Total Home Protection and explaining the problem I was having with my refrigerator, Sean, immediately, reassured me, and told me not to worry, they will get a repair person in the morning. The repair man showed up on time, showed his ID, did his job, cleaned the area he was working in. He also explained what was wrong with the refrigerator. He was very polite, and asked if I had any questions? I did, and I ask how much was this going to cost, he said because I have an extended warranty with Total Home Protection, I would only pay the deductible. I was surprised and at the same time relieved. I have to say that I'm a a very happy customer of Total Home Protection. I recommend THP to all my friends.

Houman Edraki

August 10th, 2018 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish I could put Negatives for this company. Probably I'm not the first who got cut in their nasty Policy, but please be careful about their green door to 1 month free or else...... my Furnace motor started working Off and On, means working one day or two and then stop for a week. I opened my claim on December 2017 and they send a technician to check it out. they came and tested everything and told me the is the motor itself and needs to be replaced. he was supposed to call the insurance and get the authorization. nothing happened for a month even though I called them they said they are still waiting for the insurance company to response. long story short they had closed the claim without any further investigation even did not call me to ask what happened. I call them back in a month or so and had to open another claim, they send me to another technician, who did not even answered my phone to make an appointment, I called them and asked them if I can fix it myself and get reimbursed and they said yes...... My technician came and asked for around $700 to fix the unit ($380 was just the motor). after a week of staying on line to get approval from them they said we can pay you only $205, even less than the equipment itself. this claim was dragged for 8 months and at the end the supervisor said I'm so sorry for everything, but this is the max. we can pay for this................ the funny part is I'm still getting emails to renew my policy with them. Aug 2018 Please be aware and do not fall into their traps.

Keziah Clark

August 9th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so glad that I have a warranty with Total Home Protection. My washer was not draining properly and my dryer seemed to take longer to dry clothes. THP arranged for a service technician to come out and take a look. It turns out that the drain was getting clogged, so he cleared the line. My dryer had excessive lint in it, which he cleaned out. He also showed me how to really keep that clean. James and THP was very helpful, as was the technician. Everything is running normal again I only had to pay was my deductible. I will continue to be a customer and renew my warranty.

jet lo

August 8th, 2018 Brockton, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection did an outstanding job helping me get my refrigerator fixed. I couldn't afford to buy a brand new one, mostly when I have recently bought this one. I was able to call them for help and they were able to schedule a repairman that same day. The repairman was able to fix the problem making me satisfied. They saved me money and time and I am really relieved.

Marlene S.

August 6th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It seems like there's always something calling out for my care at home. So happy I purchased this warranty plan from Total Home Protection. Just last week, when I was heating up some food in the microwave, I noticed the food still seemed cold, after using it on a high setting. This never happened before. I called the company and someone came the next day to check it out. Turns out a part burnt out, and needed to be replaced. It works really well again. And, I only had to pay my deductible, which saved me a good amount of money, thankfully.

Donna Bettencourt

August 3rd, 2018 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Getting to take a very cold shower this morning was a real surprise! Called the 800 number and talked with “Charles” and told him our problem. He gave me a claim # and said someone would be in touch with us in 24/48 hours. Two minutes later I get a call from someone “Kyron” supposedly a superviso saying our $900.00 Plantinum policy did not cover our leaking water heater......only piping. Strange because in October 2017 the person I spoke with before signing up guaranteed this plan. His name was Nick P. My husband than proceeded to speak with two other higher supervisors with no help! We basically had the same issue with our dishwasher earlier this year but after finally getting it fixed. Really seem this is what they do when you actually need their service. We are a retired couple in our 70’s on a fixed income. Paying $900.00 up front now makes me feel like an idiot. They seem to tell you everything is covered but than you don’t know until they finally send you a booklet you have to call to get that more is not covered than covered. Next step file complaint to BBB and will go from there. Better to but money aside each month than giving it to them!!!

Amber Sedatra

August 3rd, 2018 Loganville, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am not one to take the time to write reviews, but I feel like I needed to share my experience since I was skeptical about even purchasing my home warranty. I invested my life's savings into my new home, and when I found that my roof had a leak within the first year of purchasing my home, I was pretty upset. It was minor, but financially I was not prepared for such an endeavor. I tired about every self repair kit at Lowes, but finally had to break down and call in a roofing company. The quotes I received were astronomical. It was then I reached out to Total Home Protection to see if there was a small chance that any kind of roof work was included in my plan. The rep said that I DID opt in to the roof leak coverage in my plan, but the contractor would be able to assess if it would be approved or not. They sent over a very professional contractor who specialized in roofing. My claim ended up being approved and the leak is completely fixed!. This type of warranty paid for itself for sure. It is great to know when the unexpected happens I have an ally to help me get it replaced or at least point me to a reputable and affordable contractor. They have connections that I simply couldn't find without their help.

Breann

July 30th, 2018 Valdosta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total home protection was there when all else failed. I never thought they were an essential need until you have something mess up in the home. You need them on your side. Not everyone has money in their account to fix an unexpected problem with their home. My hot water heater leaked all over. I quickly shut off the water and called customer service. This happened early in the morning so they were able to schedule someone to come to my home by the end of the day. Once the tech arrived, he replaced the hoses and completed a few other checks. All I had to pay was my deductible. I am keeping an extended warranty with THP for a very long time.

Norman Lee Gilliland

July 30th, 2018 Jackson, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Only can describe my experience as SCAMMERS. I would give them a minus 10 if possible. Had to get an attorney for refund of correct amount.

Jul 30, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Please note that the consumer requested to cancel service. The correct refund was given. The customer had a 1 year policy that included 2 free months of service. Once contacted by the customers lawyer his figures included the 2 free months and the total amount of the policy was incorrect. He also did not figure in the optional coverage for the stand alone freezer which the customer had on his policy. After breaking down the refund with the lawyer he understood how we came up with the refund amount offered. I advised in an effort to resolve the issue I would use his figures of a 14 month policy, no additional charge for the optional coverage. An additional refund was given as a courtesy. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve.

Jonathan

July 30th, 2018 Jefferson, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection is just wonderful. Especially Angel S, he's so helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 21, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the below referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Mr. Smith placed a claim for the Air Conditioner on 6/7/2018. As per the terms of service: ⦁ This Agreement does not cover any known or unknown pre-existing conditions. ⦁ Coverage applies to the systems and components mentioned as “covered” in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement so long as such systems and components are in place and in proper working order on the effective date of this Agreement Coverage went into effect on 6/7/2018, this is the definition of a “pre-existing condition” and NOT in proper working order on the effective coverage start date of 6/7/2018. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any questions, please contact me at 1-800-545-0402.

Gloria Morse Stoll

July 30th, 2018 Plant City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received excellent customer service with Total Home Protection when our air conditioner quit. Very professional, courteous, took all my information and assured me that I would only have to pay the deductible. Our air conditioner was fixed the next day. They replaced the capacitor, cleaned the unit, and checked the freon level, which was fine. I am very happy with customer service and the service I received. And it is nice and cool.

Renee Anderson

July 30th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My A/C went out two weeks ago and it getting up to about 89 degrees inside my home. My son is an asthmatic, so I immediately contacted THP customer service. I explained to Elizabeth my problem, she really understood me and scheduled for a technician to come out the same day. He kept me informed (it was just a coil). He fixed the problem and had my unit running in no time. I appreciate her help in getting the service expedited and the very nice technician. I was only responsible for my deductible. I am definitely renewing my policy when the time comes. It just paid for itself.

mary allen

July 30th, 2018 Temple, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

this company will not stand behind what they say do not use

Jul 31, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. The customer placed a claim for a Air Conditioner not cooling on 7/21/2018. The diagnosis concluded that the cause of the failure was Rust/Corrosion on the Evaporator Coil. The vendor submitted pictures which confirmed the failure. Per our policy this failure is clearly excluded from coverage. Please see the referenced section of the policy below; I. BASIS FOR COVERAGE A. Air Conditioning System Note: Coverage available on Air Conditioning units up to a 5-ton capacity, and for residential use only. COVERED: Mechanical parts and components of two (2) ducted electric central air conditioning systems. All components and parts for units below 13 SEER and/or R-22 equipment, and when we are unable to facilitate repair and/or replacement of failed covered equipment at the current SEER rating or with R-22 equipment, repair and/or replacement will be performed with 13 SEER/R410A equipment and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant, except: NOT COVERED: Filters; condenser casings; registers and grills; water towers; humidifiers; chillers; electronic air cleaners; window units; non-ducted wall units; mini-split wall units; gas air conditioning systems; water evaporative coolers; swamp coolers; condensate pumps; thermal expansion valves; all exterior condensing, cooling and pump pads; disconnect boxes; roof mounts, jacks, stands or supports; cost for crane rentals; electronic, computerized, and manual systems management and zone controllers; commercial grade equipment; refrigerant conversion; leak detections; water leaks; drain line stoppages or drain pans; maintenance; rusted and/or corroded coils; component short to ground; noise without a related mechanical failure; improperly sized units; air conditioning with mismatched condensing unit and evaporative coil per manufacturer specifications; improper use of metering devices (i.e. thermal expansion valves). We are not responsible for the costs associated with matching dimensions, brand or color made. We will not pay for any modifications or upgrades necessitated by the repair of existing equipment or the installation of new equipment. We will pay up to $10 per pound per occurrence for refrigerant. You are responsible for payment of any costs in excess of $10 per pound. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Janice Bonin

July 25th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Got this company sounded good from salesman until my service went out on a weekend, had to end up calling John Moore 800.00 and their reply they don’t work on weekends! I live with and asthmatic child, really explain To company when calling on Sunday at that time my home was 88 degrees!!! Didn’t here back until I fax over a claim to be denied! Do you have to live Monday thru Friday?

Jul 30, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. The customer placed a claim on 7/22/2018 for the Air Conditioner not coming on. As we are not an emergency service, the policy states III. REQUESTING SERVICE – CALL (800) 545-0402 A. We must be notified as soon as the malfunction is discovered and prior to expiration of the Agreement. You can request service by calling 1-800-545-0402. We will accept service requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will not provide service until all past due Trade Service Call Fees and Plan Fees are made current. B. Upon request for service under normal circumstances, we will contact an authorized Service Contractor within two (2) days during normal business hours and four (4) days on weekends and holidays after you request service. The authorized Service Contractor will contact you to schedule a mutually convenient appointment during normal business hours. We will determine what repairs constitute an emergency and will make reasonable efforts to expedite emergency service. We will accept your request to expedite scheduling of non-emergency service only when a Service Contractor is available. If the Service Contractor agrees to expedite scheduling of a non-emergency service request, you may be required to pay an additional fee. C. We have the sole and absolute right to select the Service Contractor to perform the service. We will not reimburse for services performed without its prior approval. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Susan Cruz

July 24th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Completely dissatisfied. it's been 3 weeks and we are still waiting for a water heater

Jul 30, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. Please be advised that we have no record in our system Susan Cruz being one of our customers. We have checked by name, address and phone number and nothing is coming up. This review may have been intended for Total Protect, which we are not affiliated with and not Total Home Protection. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Todd Cooley

July 20th, 2018 Lindale, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do not stand behind their contract. A coil in AC unit has leak, no rust, no mold maintained regularly. Had to send claim to mediation after the 3rd trip out, 2nd company. We’re in Texas with heat index over 100, Family of 70 year old woman having to deal with this. They look for every excuse not to cover AC units. I didn’t want to give them a star rating at all but had to in order to move forward. Terrible!

Olivia

July 13th, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My home has a built-in microwave that is literally my favorite appliance. Being a woman on the go, it helps to prepare dinner for my family, especially since I don't trust my husband on the stove! Recently my microwave went out and I needed a repairman as soon as possible. Having a home warranty helped during this process and my microwave was repaired within a few days of scheduling an appointment. I really appreciate the customer service I received as well. I know in the long haul it saved me lots of money and time. Thank goodness for this investment!

Kelli Quinn

July 10th, 2018 Killeen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pay monthly but hope you never have a major problem. AIr condition was acting up, called on 25 June. Today is 10 July, finally had a tech come. 10 year old Carrier 3 ton unit. Lost freon because of rusty coils. Its outside, its metal, its in the rain - rust is normal wear and tear. They refused to fix it, they don't cover anything with rust. I would have been better off putting all the money I've paid them into a "home maintainance" account.

Jul 30, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. The customer placed a claim for a Air Condition not cooling on 6/24/2018. The diagnosis concluded that the cause of the failure was Rust/Corrosion on the Evaporator Coils. Per our policy this failure is clearly excluded from coverage. Please see the referenced section of the policy below; I. BASIS FOR COVERAGE A. Air Conditioning System Note: Coverage available on Air Conditioning units up to a 5-ton capacity, and for residential use only. COVERED: Mechanical parts and components of two (2) ducted electric central air conditioning systems. All components and parts for units below 13 SEER and/or R-22 equipment, and when we are unable to facilitate repair and/or replacement of failed covered equipment at the current SEER rating or with R-22 equipment, repair and/or replacement will be performed with 13 SEER/R410A equipment and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant, except: NOT COVERED: Filters; condenser casings; registers and grills; water towers; humidifiers; chillers; electronic air cleaners; window units; non-ducted wall units; mini-split wall units; gas air conditioning systems; water evaporative coolers; swamp coolers; condensate pumps; thermal expansion valves; all exterior condensing, cooling and pump pads; disconnect boxes; roof mounts, jacks, stands or supports; cost for crane rentals; electronic, computerized, and manual systems management and zone controllers; commercial grade equipment; refrigerant conversion; leak detections; water leaks; drain line stoppages or drain pans; maintenance; rusted and/or corroded coils; component short to ground; noise without a related mechanical failure; improperly sized units; air conditioning with mismatched condensing unit and evaporative coil per manufacturer specifications; improper use of metering devices (i.e. thermal expansion valves). We are not responsible for the costs associated with matching dimensions, brand or color made. We will not pay for any modifications or upgrades necessitated by the repair of existing equipment or the installation of new equipment. We will pay up to $10 per pound per occurrence for refrigerant. You are responsible for payment of any costs in excess of $10 per pound. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Suzy Chinnaswamy

July 5th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience with Total Home Protection has been excellent. From the warranty coverage to the customer service, I could not be happier. I have been a customer of Total Home Protection for five years and I have used it numerous times. It has already paid off itself with the amount of labor, repairs and replacements I've had. This time, it was the dishwasher. I ran it when I went to bed and I got up to water all over (luckily I have a tile floor or I would be fixing that too). I called immediately and the representative was super nice. She arranged for a plumber to be scheduled. Basically, he had to remove the dishwasher and get a new one, as well as replace the leaky lines. The representative was able to confirm coverage and the plumber came back the next day to complete the repairs. All I had to pay is my deductible. Problem solved quickly. I expected nothing less from them. Very reliable company.

Raymond Garcia

July 4th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE! The salesmen sale you a fake load of goods. They make it sound like everything is covered. I have recently had 2 problems that they did not cover. They did not cover my roof leak. They said it was because of the type of shingles on my roof. Every roof is similar in this part of Tx. Then my evaporator coil went out. It was not covered becuase of rust. My AC technician said all coils have rust after several years. They will find a reason not to fix many of your problems. There are so many loopholes in the exclusions section. It is probably best to just save money for these emergencies that occur.

Aug 02, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced review. We at Total Home Protection treat each review with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. A claim for a roof leak was submitted on 5/2/2018 stating there was a leak by the front door. The diagnosis was some patches of shingles needed to be replaced. As per the policy it covers shake and composition roof leaks over the occupied living area. Free Limited Roof leak was offered at the time of purchase, we apologize that your roof failure did not fall within the guidelines of the policy. The customer also placed a claim for a Air Conditioner not cooling on 6/22/18. The diagnosis concluded that the cause of the failure the unit was empty of freon. The coils were rusted/corroded. Per our policy this failure is clearly excluded from coverage. Please see the referenced section of the policy below; I. BASIS FOR COVERAGE A. Air Conditioning System Note: Coverage available on Air Conditioning units up to a 5-ton capacity, and for residential use only. COVERED: Mechanical parts and components of two (2) ducted electric central air conditioning systems. All components and parts for units below 13 SEER and/or R-22 equipment, and when we are unable to facilitate repair and/or replacement of failed covered equipment at the current SEER rating or with R-22 equipment, repair and/or replacement will be performed with 13 SEER/R410A equipment and/or 7.7 HSPF or higher compliant, except: NOT COVERED: Filters; condenser casings; registers and grills; water towers; humidifiers; chillers; electronic air cleaners; window units; non-ducted wall units; mini-split wall units; gas air conditioning systems; water evaporative coolers; swamp coolers; condensate pumps; thermal expansion valves; all exterior condensing, cooling and pump pads; disconnect boxes; roof mounts, jacks, stands or supports; cost for crane rentals; electronic, computerized, and manual systems management and zone controllers; commercial grade equipment; refrigerant conversion; leak detections; water leaks; drain line stoppages or drain pans; maintenance; rusted and/or corroded coils; component short to ground; noise without a related mechanical failure; improperly sized units; air conditioning with mismatched condensing unit and evaporative coil per manufacturer specifications; improper use of metering devices (i.e. thermal expansion valves). We are not responsible for the costs associated with matching dimensions, brand or color made. We will not pay for any modifications or upgrades necessitated by the repair of existing equipment or the installation of new equipment. We will pay up to $10 per pound per occurrence for refrigerant. You are responsible for payment of any costs in excess of $10 per pound. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. In an effort to good customer service a free month of service was offered but the customer wanted to cancel the policy. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve.

Dissatisfied

July 2nd, 2018 Roseville, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

did not fix my issue, apparently a clause or exception to policy.

Unsatified consumer

July 2nd, 2018 Baker, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not what they claimed to be at ALL. The salesperson sales you a dream of a worry free home warranty protection system, but they fail to mention the things that are really covered prior to collecting you credit card information and billing you. You don't really know what you're getting into until something needs repair and they slide through on one of their many loop holes.

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They worked fast to resolve my issue. Made sure to contact repair service to address my issue

July 2nd, 2018 Gloucester, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sent to me a company that sent report back to Total Home. Led me to believe that I had a claim for repairs. Claim was denied. I called the company to dicuss non-claim repairs. Heard mothing from that company.

Sandy

July 2nd, 2018 Lafayette, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sign up was easy and the rep was extremely helpful. I have not needed to use their service yet.

Fred

July 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good product. Customer service was very nice and informative.

Donna Bullock

July 2nd, 2018 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Because they have technicians that don't do they're job and just want a deductible but not even checking what the problem is

Catherine Southard

June 28th, 2018 Citra, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I first got my home warranty I didn’t think I’d ever need it and it was a waste of money. But I can say that I’m so happy that I kept it. My roof started leaking when a really bad storm, water came pouring through. I was scared that the minor roof damage would turn into my roof suddenly collapsing in on me. Plus, I was sick of the constant dripping sound I was hearing in my home. I called Total Home and they had a contractor came out and patch up the roof for me. No more leakage! I saved a ton of money and a lot of stress. I would recommend everyone to get a home warranty because you never know when you're going to need it.

Homeowner

June 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They had the best price with the lowest service fees ofvallnthe companies I checked. I liked that I could pay for a long term up front and not have to worry about a monthly charge. I have not actually had to use the service yet, but the plan seems like it will fit my needs.

Eugene EDMOND Kuntz

June 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was never notified that my premium payment never was posted.

Cyd

June 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

John quickly resolved the issue. He was very professional and thoroughly explained the problem

Buyer Beware!

June 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great price but bad service. My oven broke shortly after my service began and couldn't be repaired because the thermometer was discontinued. I talked to the repairman and he said it happens to work one day and breaks the next. They said that they won't accept any claims within the first 2-4 weeks after the initial 30 days.

June 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bad service, appointment cannot be made properly, no resolution when getting off phone with representatives

J P-K

June 26th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor service, lies told to me and too much effort and time to get one problem just partially fixed.