Total Home Protection provides its warranty services to the majority of the United States. The company strives to constantly offer customers fast and effective solutions with a network of qualified service contractors. The warranty company believes in providing great value and protection against the high costs of home and appliance repairs. Whether you are planning to buy a new home, sell your existing home, or simply stay put, Total Home Protection's products can you save time and money.

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Types of Home Warranties
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Pre-Screened Local Technicians

Competitive Prices

Total Home Protection offers its customers home warranty services at a price that is competitive in the market. The company offers a competive average price of $399 for its basic coverage, putting it right in line with other top providers in the industry.

Types of Home Warranties

Total Home Protection offers a comprehensive warranty plan to fit every homeowner’s budget. Your service agreement coverage will repair or replace covered items, regardless of age, make, or model. You can choose from the following three plans:

• Gold: basic coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as a water heater, a built-in microwave oven, and a garage door opener.
  • Platinum: total coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as an air conditioning, a plumbing system, and an electrical system.
  • Optional: additional coverage, includes systems and appliances such as a pool and spa, a septic system, and an additional water heater.

Also, the following home warranties are offered by Total Home Protection:

• Homeowner Warranty
  • Seller Home Warranty
  • Buyer Conversion Warranty
  • Buyer Direct Warranty
  • Renewal Warranty Contract

24/7 Customer Service

Total Home Protection offers unmatched customer service around the clock. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This makes filing a claim and receiving service significantly easier and can give homeowners, especially first-time home buyers, a peace of mind knowing they are covered 24/7.

Pre-Screened Local Technicians

With a home warranty from Total Home Protection, you will not have to search any directories for contractors or repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. Total Home Protection offers authorized technicians who are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.

See if you qualify

The Bad

Coverage

Total Home Protection only covers 33 of 50 states. Even though that is a big portion of the country, 17 other states are denied of their services. If you live in one of the states that is not covered by Total Home Protection services you might need to look for home warranty coverage somewhere else.

The Bottom Line

Total Home Protection offers their services to 33 of 50 states. They believe in providing high quality products and services that will fit with your budget and your home warranty expectations. The company offers a variety of policies and plans to their customers at competitive prices starting at just $399. With multiple plans offered, you have the option to find the plan that will fit your home warranty needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Total Home Protection below.

2.8

Kilija

February 25th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You know when you've found a good company...you don't dread calling them when you have an issue. I found myself happy to call Total Home Protection whenever I needed a repair because they always come through. They are reliable, efficient and trustworthy...so I'd say they're worth the money. I've gotten my fridge, my ice maker, my microwave, my oven and my shower fixed through this company and each and every time, the process was seamless: I submit a claim online, someone contacts me shortly after to confirm details, I schedule a time with a technician, the technician shows up, assess the problem, makes a call, my claim is approved and he does the repair. It's just as straightforward as they say it is. I am thinking about upgrading my plan, but I thought I'd write a review first. This is definitely a worthy company.

Freddy

February 25th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My whole family is happy that we decided early on to get a TotalHomeProtection warranty. My wife has done an amazing job decorating and maintaining our home to fit our needs so we thought it would be smart to invest in something that maintains all of her hard work. With our home warranty, we are able to afford regular repairs and we enjoy access to technicians who are certified, but in my experience, also very professional, capable and knowledgeable. When our washing machine had a blowout at the start of the week, we didn’t bother panicking. Instead, we submitted a claim online that someone followed up with within a few hours. Then, we had someone come by who took a long at our washer and found it to be irreparable and unmanageable. Provisions for a replacement was made and long story short, my family and I are grateful to have Total Home has an asset, and also for clean clothes.

CC

February 23rd, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This has been the worse experience ever. My furnace went out on today. I filed a claim and was told that no one would be out for at least 48 hours. It is the dead of winter which means it is cold. When asked if they could please send a technician on today since it is cold, I was told no. The company has a department that handles that and they do not work on weekends. They did not even offer to reach out to the department that dispatches technicians. The customer service agent suggested I purchase a space heater or pay for the repair myself. She stated I could submit the charges for reimbursement but she could not grantee the company would cover the repair, as there are lots of things that they do not cover. I switched from another company to save money and I truly regret it. You get what you pay for.

Bruno

February 22nd, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I want to say thank you to a gentleman named Jeff for his professionalism and patience with me. I just bought a home last year and after much confusion, I was ready for some peace of mind. Jeff helped me out with getting a warranty that was budget-friendly but covered everything I needed, especially the expensive washer and dryer my wife insisted on getting. Thank you again Jeff.

Benji

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection is a very trustworthy company. I first purchased coverage for pretty much all of my appliances in my new home. When my dryer suddenly stopped getting hot, I had no problems from Thp getting someone to come out. I was so pleased with the services, I decided to cover my whole home and with the price of my deductible, I'm certain I made the right decision.

Philip Alexander

February 20th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my family and I had to replace our oven due to its sudden malfunctioning, Total Home Protection made the process easy. I’m glad I had a warranty in place when the breakdown occurred. I felt reassured throughout the whole process and it was fast and quick to get a brand new oven in less than 2 weeks. We are so happy with our new appliance and are comforted to know we always have help when we need it.

Wayne

February 20th, 2019 Brattleboro, VT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thought it was in my best interest to look for a service like this. I have frequent problems with the appliances in my home because I have a big family so everything gets used pretty often. Total Home Protection has helped me offset the normal cost and time I usually have to put into getting these repairs done. I’m able to consistently maintain my home better without breaking the bank.

Kabe

February 19th, 2019 Brookfield, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dishwasher kept overflowing every time I used it. I don’t hand wash dishes because I have such a big family, it would take hours. My claim was approved by THP and my dishwasher is now fixed. The repairman literally worked for 10 minutes to fix it and I was in disbelief that after running it a few times to test it, there was no overflow. I don’t know what he did but I’m very grateful. I haven’t had an issue since. No more paper plates :-)

Yasmin

February 18th, 2019 Cos Cob, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The garbage disposal in my kitchen sink stopped working for whatever reason. The repairman sent from Total Home Protection was surprisingly able to fix it pretty quickly. I was astounded because the amount of trash that was backed up in there was ridiculous. I’m happy to have my disposal fixed and even happier that it didn’t take weeks and weeks and cost me an arm and a leg.

Allen Benson

February 18th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Within 6 hours, I had an appointment set up with a technician to fix my garage door opener. I was very satisfied with the response time as well as the service I received from the individual who repaired the garage door. He was professional and seemed genuinely happy to help me get my door fixed. I highly recommend Total Home’s warranty for all home owners. It definitely helps.

Jeffrey R.

February 13th, 2019 Ishpeming, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The gold plan from Total Home is a good one. It covers everything I need without breaking the bank, which is important to me. I've checked and double checked each thing they claim to cover and I'm seeing what I needed to make the choice. Plus, the rep I spoke with was really helpful in making suggestions. Good decision and I'm very happy!

Sharon David

February 10th, 2019 Stockton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection is one of a kind since they are exceptionally consistent. The rep I just spoke with really tuned in to what I was speaking to her in regard to and ensured I comprehended everything that was concerning me. I feel that is the most imperative nature of a decent business...having individuals who really care about the clients.

AM

February 8th, 2019 Jersey City, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just had a really great interaction with a staff member of Total Home Protection. After purchasing my policy a few months ago, I wanted to upgrade it. She made the process really easy and was great at answering questions. She reinforced why I was happy with the company in the first place. I will continue to be a proud customer.

Deka Cynthia

February 8th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I told my friend Joan about Total Home Protection and she hasn’t stopped talking about them. You get the best services from these guys for a price you can’t get anywhere else. My home warranty with THP covers repairs and maintenance of all my home appliances and I no longer worry about looking for local repairers for my television set, my AC, or any of the things I have at home. I simply call THP and they send me a local contractor right a way. This is a good choice and the best among the rest, they save me money and time and I love them for that. Thank you.

Sophia Lawson

February 7th, 2019 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never thought I'd be a "guarantee individual," however I got truly tired of looking for another repairman each time something in my home gave out. Thought it merited an attempt, and it's been really charming up until this point. Simple cases process...my claims were endorsed for my fumes fan and my cooktop. They essentially handle everything. Made an arrangement, fellow appeared, issue settled. Clear

Claudius Rodney

February 2nd, 2019 Palm Beach Gardens, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife Sunnie has always been a worrier. So to reassure her I purchased a home warranty from Total Home Protection. I thought she was paranoid, but she ended up having the last laugh when the hot water heater sprung a leak. Thanks to the warranty she talked me into we were covered for the replacement of the water heater and the cleanup of the damage.

Jay wood

January 16th, 2019 Everett, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just wanna give a HUGE! thank to you Total Home Protection. When my dishwasher wasnt washing dishes properly and leaking soap, I gave total home protection a call and in a a day’s time, they were able to visit with me and give a time frame for being finished and what was exactly wrong with it assuring that I knew nothing wrong would happen with his expertise. Thank you so much for fixing my dishwasher!!!

Lena

January 12th, 2019 Bridgeport, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thought it would make sense for me to finally write a rerview on this company because I constantly tell customer service that I'm a big fan. If you're considering buying a home warranty, start here. Great pricing for the amount of coverage. I have the platinum plan, and I pay just a $60 deductible for services. They worked with me through my small budget to create a plan with add-on's that was fitting for my home. Ask them a lot of questions and they'll answer. I like this warranty company because they seem like they're serving me, and it works for me. Make sure it works for you, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Pretty Muanya

December 22nd, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When my water heater broke down 3 weeks ago, I called Mike who answered my call with so much professionalism. He said he’d send out a local contractor to me and in less than 24 hours, the contractor was in my house. He found that some of the ICs got damaged as a result of wrong connection in my wires, he was able to change the damaged ICs and also did a reconnection for me to prevent further occurrences. I love the services I get from the THP team and I would highly recommend them to every home owner. Thank you.

Hal T

December 19th, 2018 Apple Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection worked very quickly to schedule a technician to look at a wall oven that was heating very slowly. The technician was prompt and courteous. Unfortunately, that's where my satisfaction stops. The technician determined that the needed part was unavailable (I discovered it is no longer made!). Total Home Protection offered me cost of the part plus labor to install it. I was told the price was determined by a national average for the part. What? Money to buy an unavailable part? I was further told that if the appliance had been deemed "irreparable" I would have been offered a different figure (I asked what that figure was and was told they could not give it to me because the claim had been declared "part unavailable". I asked how it is that when a part is not available that it is still considered repairable. To this question I was told they had already explained their procedures to me and did not wish to waste my time further. The promise of "no worry" over the high cost of repair or replacement rings totally hollow for me.

Pamela M

December 10th, 2018 Bend, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This year when my jetted tub abruptly quit working, I was so disappointed and a bit worried because I immediately thought of how expensive it might be to replace. But then I remembered I bought a home warranty plan from Total Home Protection, so I got on the phone and spoke to one of their reps. They put my mind at ease when they told me they would send a tech out the next day. The tech was kind and professional. He fixed my jetted tub and left the work area clean. I was so happy that my tub was working again. These guys are brilliant!

Levi Harris

November 21st, 2018 Kennedale, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased the platinum package with this company and nothing is covered. Make sure you read the fine print before purchasing. When it comes to warranty repairs, they do everything in their power to deny any authorizations for repairs. If you try to cancel they will swindle you out of all your refund. They are swindlers and crooks. Don’t use them. I would give them minus stars but this review forces you to give them at least one.

Michelle Milfort

November 18th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bought a new home this year and my mom recommended I check out Total Home Protection. At first I thought this would be a waste of money, but I was wrong. Two months after getting my warranty, the washing machine stopped working and the pipe had leaked all over my laundry room. I called Total Home Protection and the agent was very professional and scheduled someone to come fix it. It was repaired and working fine now. I would highly recommend Total Home Protection. Ease of service is unmatched.

Chloe

November 7th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I moved into a new apartment with AC that wouldn't blow cold air. I initially called my landlord about it but he said that was how that brand of AC was. I didn't believe what he was saying and called Total Home Protection to check it out. The technician deemed there was a part that was broken within my AC so they said they would replace it for me with no fee. Thank you for doing what my landlord couldn't.

marco jolot

November 2nd, 2018 Cambridge, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection was a great service which was recommended to me by friends. After checking the reviews, I decided to get their Platinum warranty. Not too long ago my hot water heater broke. I called THP and filed a claim with my policy. The customer service rep was super. She arranged for a contractor to come out and take a look. John was on time and very nice. After tinkering with the water heater for a while, he said that it would have to be replaced. He spoke to THP on the phone, as did I and a new hot water heater was selected. Everything was delivered and he was back to install it. When he drove away, I knew THP was a good choice. The best part is the whole thing only cost me my deductible. Thanks!

Deijah

October 23rd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My shower head broke just a few days ago so it’s been a hassle taking showers. Not only did I need to replace the head, but a piece of the plumbing broke off with the attachment. I’ve been so busy with work and family that I kept putting off getting it fixed. Finally, I called THP and was able to have someone dispatched the next day. The guy who fixed my shower was super professional and very informative. He gave me step by step instruction on what to do if it would happen again. Great service. Really fast and friendly.

r

October 19th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not Happy Deceitful Changes explanation of coverage to suit their needs Saty Away!

Melissa Velsor

October 11th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really never understood the value of having an extended home warranty till just recently. I was out of town for a family vacation , and I received a phone call from my house sitter that the electrical system blew in the kitchen. I must admit I was very worried, until I called Total Home Protection! They arranged for a contractor to come over and take a look. It turns out that something chewed a couple of the wires in the wall, resulting in the power out in the kitchen. The electrician was able to fix it, thankfully, so that when we got home everything was just fine again. Thanks THP!

Jack Vandell

October 10th, 2018 Santee, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I have recently bought our first house, and it's a bit of a fixer upper. Because of that, we've had to neglect some of the less urgent repairs like the fridge and the air conditioner. But when our stove started to act up, we knew we got Total Home Protection for a reason. We called to use our warranty and they sent out a local contractor to repair it. This warranty really is a blessing for homeowners.

MeganW

October 7th, 2018 Liberty, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I came home from work the other day and my ac wasn't working properly. I didn't know what was wrong. I called Total Home Protection and they sent a repairman out the next day. The repairman looked at my unit and figured out that the capacitor was out. He was able to run to the store and get the proper part because he did not have that model in his truck. A short bit after returning, the AC was back to normal and all that I had to pay was my deductible.

Damon Anthony

October 5th, 2018 Maryland Heights, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Let my testimony be fair warning, Total Home Protection will rip you off. You may think that you're saving money but in reality, you won’t be. They will happily honor small claims. But anything bigger than a routine repair, they will refuse to pay. I had a clogged and leaking kitchen sink drain pipe. They refused the claim saying the leak was caused by the pipe rusting. I told them the pipe is PVC plastic and plastic doesn't rust. After a week, they responded that the claim was refused due to the pipe being corroded. I told them again the pipe is PVC and that PVC doesn't corrode. After another week they responded back and refused the claim saying that the leak was caused by outside sources. They couldn't give me the name of the outside source, they couldn't give me any evidence of an outside source and they couldn't give me an example of an outside source. Please save yourself the time, trouble and money by going someplace else.

Total Home Protection Logo

Reply from Total Home Protection

Oct 05, 2018

Thank you contacting us with the above referenced complaint. We at Total Home Protection treat each complaint with the utmost respect and use this feedback to better serve our valued customers. Understandably there are two sides to every story and always look for a fair resolution between all parties. The consumer placed a claim for a plumbing stoppage on 9/14/2018. The diagnosis concluded that the cause of the failure was the kitchen sink drain needs to be replaced all the way to the stack due to corrosion. Per our policy this failure is excluded from coverage. Please see the referenced section of the policy below; VII. GENERAL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY D. This Agreement covers only repairs and/or replacements due to mechanical failure attributable to ordinary wear and tear. Accordingly, the Agreement does not cover failures which may result from other causes, such as without limitation abuse; misuse and/or neglect; lack of maintenance; rust and/or corrosion; noise without a related mechanical failure; chemical or sedimentary build up; lightning strikes; missing parts; animal, pet and/or pest damage; power failure; power surge; fire; casualty; acts of God; structural and/or property damage; flood; smoke; earthquake; freeze damage; accidents; war; acts of terrorism; nuclear explosion, reaction, radiation or radioactive contamination; insurrection; riots; vandalism; or intentional destruction of property. This Agreement does not cover mechanical failures resulting directly or indirectly from or caused by mold, mildew, mycotoxins, fungus, bacteria, virus, condensation, and/or wet or dry rot regardless of the source, origin, or location and any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any sequence to the mechanical failure. All claims have been properly serviced in accordance with the Service Agreement - all contracts have inclusions as well as exclusions. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and doing the right thing for all our customers, contractors, employees, and our company. We at Total Home Protection have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-800-545-0402.

Davina Moore

October 4th, 2018 Easton, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My parents had there house since me and my brothers was born. It was their first home when they got married so they only purchased was the normal home insurance. After they passed I took over, I found out that my friend bought the protection plan from Total Home Protection, i looked into a plan for me. In speaking to an agent we were able to come up with a plan they not only can afford but also give them the protection i needed for my home my parents worked so hard for. My extended warranty was able to replace the whole electrical system when it started failing a few months ago. The whole electrical system was deemed dead and out dated and unsafe, so I worked with customer service not only to replace the electrical system but upgrade the fuse box. The agent made the claim process was so easy and simple and the work was done on time and efficiently. I would recommend Total Home Protection to anyone because you never know what emergencies or unknowns can happen.

Heather

October 2nd, 2018 Syracuse, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm very pleased with Total Home Protection's customer service. When my refrigerator went out recently, I called to file a claim for service with my extended warranty. Jeannie set up an appointment with a contractor to figure out the problem. He was on time and was able to fix the fridge. I paid my deductible and we were both off to our day. THP has a great plan and great contractors. Thanks!

Total Home Protection Logo

Reply from Total Home Protection

Oct 05, 2018

Thank you for selecting Total Home Protection for all your home warranty needs. We know your time is valuable so we take feedback very seriously. Your feedback allows us to improve our business and promote the level of service expected from a trusted industry leader. Total Home Protection strives to be a top rated home warranty provider. We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading home warranty products and exceptional services to the customers we're privileged to serve. We sincerely thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service during normal business hours at 1-800-545-0402.

Ramandeep Khanuja

September 30th, 2018 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This summer the heat has been brutal and my AC has been struggling to cool the house. I called THP to use my extended warranty for a service man to come out. Jonathan arranged for a technician to come over and find the problem. He was on time as jumped right in. The AC was out of freon, which he promptly refilled. He then cleaned my AC and I paid my deductible. It was cooling just fine again. I had a great experience with THP. Thank you again!

Myechia Lovett

September 29th, 2018 Chester, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently, after doing a load of laundry, I found that my dryer did not heat up. I called Total Home Protection and they sent someone to fix problem and it only cost me my deductible. I'm so glad I called them. Thank you, from a very satisfied customer.

Stefanie Lopez

September 28th, 2018 Kissimmee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased my home early January of this year. I decided I needed to get some things in my home protected since I spent so much money moving and purchasing my home. So around Februrary, I found Total Home Protection and got full protection for my home. A few weeks ago my ac unit went out. In Fl living without ac is the worst. The first thing I did was call THP and they had a contractor come out and repair the unit with only the deductible being out of pocket. I'm so glad my home is covered. I definately wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Whitney Genther

September 27th, 2018 Coloma, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a kitchen light fixture go out on me and it would not turn back on. I called customer service, which had a tech come out the next day. The tech had the problem fixed in a hour. Having to live within a fixed income this was such a great deal since I only had to pay my deductible. They are such a professional business to work with also. The tech actually gave me a phone call a few days after to check and make sure everything was working correctly for me still. I’ve never had a call from a servicer unless I had asked them to call me. Prompt, professional and courteous and they fixed the problem.

Dina Anwar

September 25th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a long-standing policy holder with Total Home Protection. I had a different company some time ago, but it pales in comparison to THP. My recent experience with THP was when my washing machine stopped working. I called THP for help with my warranty. William scheduled a contractor to come out. He was on time and was able to fix my washer and I was able to get back to the family's laundry. Thanks THP!

Stephanie Chen

September 22nd, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm so glad that I discovered Total Home Protection. I was having a problem with my dishwasher where it wouldn't start. I had no idea how to fix it, but thankfully I had Total Home Protection's Platinum Plan. I called them and they assured me that they would send someone over as soon as possible. They were really accommodating over the phone, and the repair technician arrived sooner than I expected. He was able to fix the problem without me paying any extra costs. I am extremely satisfied with THP's customer service and the company overall.

Nikkia Hall

September 22nd, 2018 Suitland, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm so happy I chose THP for our home protection needs. A few days ago I noticed my hot water heating unit would not turn on. I checked my water heater to noticed that it was not heating up at all. I knew that we would not be able to continue to heat my home without it. I was so glad I did not have to worry about what I was going to do. I made one call to THP and told customer service everything that was going on with my water heater. I was pleasantly surprised that they immediately scheduled a contractor to come over the next day to look at my water hear. He noticed there was a problem with the pilot staying lit. He was able to replace the pilot light and it works great now. I recommend this extended warranty from THP.

Sheyenne colvin

September 19th, 2018 Cutler, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently, my AC stopped cooling due to the extreme heat. I called THP for help with my extended warranty. Barbara in customer service was super helpful. She arranged for a local contractor to come over the next morning. He was on time and very nice. After checking out the unit, he found that I was out of freon. He refilled it and cleaned it too. It was cooling again just fine. Thanks THP. This is why all of my family members have their extended warranty with you too!

ry reese

September 19th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection. has probably the best customer service that I have experienced to date. They have helped me to efficiently file each claim and have sent. our excellent repairmen to do the jobs. When it comes to home warranties, I've probably had the best experience with Total Home. A big thanks to all the representatives that helped me along the way.

Danielle Sulano

September 17th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel so relieved that I can count on Total Home Protection for my household repairs. When my AC stopped cooling, I was assured by James in customer service that they would arrange for a technician to come over right away, and that's exactly what they did. He was right on time and determined that I was out of freon. He refilled the freon and cleaned the unit. The technician did an excellent job. This is a five star extended warranty.

Shantee

September 13th, 2018 Flint, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My hot water heater stopped working a couple of days ago. I assumed that the pilot needed to be lit, so I tried to light it and nothing. I needed to have it looked at. I used my home warranty at Total Home Protection and was surprised to see that it was covered. The person I spoke with was very helpful and efficient in arranging for a local contractor to come over as soon as possible. He was very nice and determined that the pilot light needed to be replaced. He put in the new one and it came right on. My only expense was my deductible. I am so thankful for my home warranty with Total Home Protection.

Chris Cox

September 11th, 2018 Moreno Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think THP is great. My electricity went out recently and when it came bak on, the AC did not work properly anymore. I called them and Sarah helped me to open a claim for service. She scheduled a contractor to come over and see what the problem was. They arrived on time and were very nice. I was told that the capacitor had been fried, so they replaced it. It works just fine now. I am so happy that I took oput this extended warranty when we moved in.

Juanita James

September 5th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am more than happy to say Total Home Protection has done an outstanding job in protecting my home. They have dealt with our problems over the years several times. Each time, they showed us no problems and were more than happy to satisfy our need. All it takes is a simple phone call and have the service guys set to come out. As long as I have been with this company they have been professional and of very high quality. I could imagine that this type of work they provide would cost a good amount without THP warranty. We will continuously renew our contract. I wish we knew about this company before. There's nothing like it. Thank you, THP!

Anthony Bio

September 5th, 2018 South Bound Brook, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I normally do not share my opinions for products and services. However, these days I have started to and I have become picky. I bought a warranty with Total Home Protection just because my mom told me to buy it. I thought it’s waste of money. Then, one day my electric stove stopped working. I am so lucky that I had gotten the warranty. I called them to help me out. James arranged for a service tech to come over. The tech was able to fix it and I am back in the kitchen. All I had to pay was my deductible, which saved me tons of money. I would recommend Total Home Protection to people.

Astrid

September 5th, 2018 Laredo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had Total Home Protection for a full year now and I am very happy with my warranty. Recently. my washer wasn’t working so I called them and open a claim. Sarah was very nice and they arranged for a contractor for the next afternoon. He was on time and got right to work. He was able to get the machine going again and it is working well now. All it cost me was my deductible. They never fail to send great, very well mannered contractors. I highly recommend them.

Robert Santmyer

August 31st, 2018 North Richland Hills, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Extremely disappointed in Total Home Protection. Two weeks ago on a Friday night in Texas, with a 100 degree weather our air conditioner stopped running. I was told we could get our own repair service out and file a claim afterwards since we would not receive a phone call from their repair tech until Monday. However it may need to be preauthorized and the authorization department wouldn't be open until Monday??? Reading the claim form all work needs to be authorized that cost over $100. That's pretty cheap for an air condition repair call in Texas, in August. You may be able to handle that amount with an unlicensed tech in December. Either way with looking at 2-3 days of staying in a hotel ( I have one heart stint and I'm probably looking at another someday)and the fact I couldn't take my pets with me, I paid to have somebody out Saturday at 9:00. Decent, so far competent technician that charges more on a crisis as well as weekend basis. Cost was $330, probably $100 higher than what it would have cost me on Tuesday. I pretty well knew that I was not getting most of that back, but I had the money and made that decision. I did feel that I should at least get $40 back, the difference between my $60 deductible and their $100 pre-authorization. Nope, well shame on them. We will not be renewing with them when it comes around. Any company that doesn't have a way of authorizing a repair for 2-1/2 days out of 7, is stacking the deck and avoiding their responsibility, and in my opinion, they are not a good company.

Saad Dada

August 30th, 2018 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection was great when I called for assistance. My bathtub had water and sewage backing up in to it, so I opened a claim. They arranged for a plumber to come out and see what was happening. He found the line to be plugged up a little ways down, so he snaked it. All the water and sewage drained off. I paid my deductible and went back to like. Thanks THP.