Total Home Protection provides its warranty services to the majority of the United States. The company strives to constantly offer customers fast and effective solutions with a network of qualified service contractors. The warranty company believes in providing great value and protection against the high costs of home and appliance repairs. Whether you are planning to buy a new home, sell your existing home, or simply stay put, Total Home Protection's products can you save time and money.

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Types of Home Warranties
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Pre-Screened Local Technicians

Competitive Prices

Total Home Protection offers its customers home warranty services at a price that is competitive in the market. The company offers a competive average price of $399 for its basic coverage, putting it right in line with other top providers in the industry.

Types of Home Warranties

Total Home Protection offers a comprehensive warranty plan to fit every homeowner’s budget. Your service agreement coverage will repair or replace covered items, regardless of age, make, or model. You can choose from the following three plans:

• Gold: basic coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as a water heater, a built-in microwave oven, and a garage door opener.
  • Platinum: total coverage plan, includes systems and appliances such as an air conditioning, a plumbing system, and an electrical system.
  • Optional: additional coverage, includes systems and appliances such as a pool and spa, a septic system, and an additional water heater.

Also, the following home warranties are offered by Total Home Protection:

• Homeowner Warranty
  • Seller Home Warranty
  • Buyer Conversion Warranty
  • Buyer Direct Warranty
  • Renewal Warranty Contract

24/7 Customer Service

Total Home Protection offers unmatched customer service around the clock. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This makes filing a claim and receiving service significantly easier and can give homeowners, especially first-time home buyers, a peace of mind knowing they are covered 24/7.

Pre-Screened Local Technicians

With a home warranty from Total Home Protection, you will not have to search any directories for contractors or repair technicians or wonder whether you can trust an unfamiliar service vendor. Total Home Protection offers authorized technicians who are pre-screened, licensed, and insured.

See if you qualify

The Bad

Coverage

Total Home Protection only covers 33 of 50 states. Even though that is a big portion of the country, 17 other states are denied of their services. If you live in one of the states that is not covered by Total Home Protection services you might need to look for home warranty coverage somewhere else.

The Bottom Line

Total Home Protection offers their services to 33 of 50 states. They believe in providing high quality products and services that will fit with your budget and your home warranty expectations. The company offers a variety of policies and plans to their customers at competitive prices starting at just $399. With multiple plans offered, you have the option to find the plan that will fit your home warranty needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Total Home Protection below.

2.8

Janice

October 29th, 2019 Milton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I attempted to file a claim 4 different times and was denied ever time. The first was my ac in a duplex me and my daughter share I'm a disabled veteran so I got this to help since I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income but here's my experience with them. I called them because the ac on her side was clogged up and so it was draining inside the house. I got a customer service that was up front he said we don't cover that so I ended up paying over $300 to get the line unclogged. Now the next 2 time my daughter called in on my behalf on applications that were put in the side she's in just before we got the place in 2017. The ice maker on the fridge quit they said we don't cover that. Then the over quit about a week later. The stove was beeping so she unplugged it and left it for overnight then when she plugged it back in it was working again but we never did hear anything about the work order for the stove. Then a week ago the ac in the other side stopped cooling. I knew it was a leak but had no idea where. I again called them. They set up a work order. I had to call to find out who was set to handle it and then call to get an appointment. The tec went out checked and found out it was low of freon which I already suspected. They told him that they needed a leak test but that they didn't cove that .I had to cover this $200 then they would decide if they would even fix it or not. Well it ended up being the condincer rusted through which the tech said is a normal thing. And because it was rust they used that as a way to deny the claim but here's the problem. They don't make that part anymore so the entire system has to be replaced and they claim if they can't fix an appliance that they will replace it .But the problem is that they won't do anything they won't fix anything and if they won't fix it I don't know what made me think that they would actually do the right thing and replace it. I only took this because I'm a disabled veteran on a fixed income and knew I couldn't afford to pay an arm and a leg for repairs. But they screwed me.

Ron

October 17th, 2019 Canonsburg, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hands down the worst home warranty company, total scam, I had three claims & all three times the technician that was dispatched stated that they would not service me because they have never been paid for past calls from Total Home Protection, they would deal with me directly but not through the warranty, this was the case with two others in my office. Customer service is very unprofessional, sounds like a boiler room! I own a real estate company & refer warranties daily we wanted to try a cheaper alternative, you truly get what you pay for! I would not recommend Total Home Protection to a client if it were free!

David

October 15th, 2019 Pineville, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Could not find anyone to send to correct my home problem!

Anna Leon

September 30th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Been a customer for 3 months before my a/c stop working .gave them a call they did send a tech which i did paid the fee of 60 dollars . the tech did write up the slip detailing the problems. he send them the work order and gave me the copy, stating i needed a new a/c . the person i spoke to was very rude not much help at all . deny the claim for the dumbest thing. said i had too much freon, then it had too little freon then it had a leak. i ask to speak to a supervisor just to be told that i couldn't go no higher then to the person i spoke to. spend a good 2 and a half hour on the phone being transfer and put on hold. this company should really be under investigation. I'm filing as my complaint as possible against this company.what a rip off. STAR MINUS.I had to paid for a new a/c

DONALD Manning

September 12th, 2019 Eatonton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The promise was quick selection and dispatch of repair services. On the first need for repair, it took 2 weeks and three identified technicians, who didn't call or scheduled an appointment and didn't show up. Next time Total Home denied coverage for an outdoor HVAC air handler because it showed signs of rust; we appealed and the only response we got was that the person handling our claim had left Total Home. The next claim was for a computer board in a refrigerator, and when they could not provide a technicians, we were told to go to an out of network provide and they would cover. When we submitted the claim, they denied it, saying that the work did not have an authorization number and the technician was required to speak with Total Home before doing the work (a new requirement they had not used before). The last claim was for a baffle between freezer and refrigerator and it was referred to a technician who called and said she didn't want the job. A second technician was assigned and after two weeks, he scheduled a visit, did not show and has been unreachable since. We arranged to have it fixed after talking to four different out of network repair firms in our area, all of whom said they have a company policy of not talking to insurance providers and Total Home refused to cover if the technician would not talk to them. So far, we have paid over $7000 for things the policy says it will cover. There are three possibilities with Total Home Protection: (1) they are running a scam (2) they lie when they say they can cover a certain geographic area (3) they are incompetent At any rate, our advise is to avoid this company.

Michael Waterford

September 5th, 2019 San Jose, CA

They don't want to pay the Vendor or the work!

lance

September 4th, 2019 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Deceptive, misleading, corrupt, sold policy's without a license. Offers their customers money to keep quiet by signing release forms instead of repairs or replacement. I was offered 400.00 dollars if i signed a release form. Sale rep's lied to make a sale. but refuse to listen to their recordings of telephone calls for training purposes. BBB rating F. Do Not buy and if you did I suggest contacting your states insurance commissioner. Please read the reviews from all sites not just the ones they put on their website. Most likely but not sure written by the company. I am Total Home Protection-LESS>

M Mathews

September 4th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company does not deserve any rating. Called on 8-08-19 to report an electrical problem in my kitchen. On 8-10-19 Benjamin (Saint Anthony’s Diagnosis) who is not an electrician looks around without any tools and said the switches are a problem and it is a pre exiting condition and needs approval from Total Home Protection. I gave him $60 check for the trip charge and he then left. He then calls me back to recommend a guy by the name of Daniel to fix the problem. Called customer service no response, I left a message and they never call you back. Never ever experienced such poor service from a home warranty company ever.

Barbara De Vine

August 28th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If there were a no star rating that is what this company deserve. For three months all I have gotten were lies and excuses. Claims denied before anyone came to look at the job. 10 days between when job was started and completed. Refund never issued. Rude customer service. Trying to resolve anything with the staff only leads to more lies.

P

August 26th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection was a nightmare to work with. The communication between this company was so horrible and my experience was terrible. We were assigned FERNANDA F to our broken air conditioner claim (in Arizona) and not once did I speak to her or did she answer the phone or reply to my voice mails. Not having air conditioning in the summer time in Arizona is unbearable. It took the company a week to send a technician to look at the unit for them to send an email that said they weren't covering it. Don't waste your money and time with this company.

Marc

August 22nd, 2019 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total scam. Called about a/c not working in south florida and they send me an email the next day saying they can have someone out there in 3 or 4 days. I had to hire another company to fix problem the same day and Total Home wont reimburse because it wasn't pre-authorized. I am filing a complaint with the BBB against them

Ann Wallace

August 21st, 2019 New Middletown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rude customer service providers. Refused to fix or replace a/c unit and furnace. Did not get a technician assigned within the 48 hours as listed in contract. Took FIVE weeks to repair our fridge, that still isn’t working properly, but they don’t cover that. Horrible actual coverage. Fighting for my refund even though I’m in year one of three that purchased and paid in full.

Jason

August 20th, 2019 Madison, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service has be horrendous. My dryer stopped turning, and it would make a strained, squealing noise when it would turn. I placed a claim, contacted the technician, and waited for him to arrive. I paid him the $60 "service charge", and he told me the dryer would need a new motor. He said, "this is one of the good 'ole dryers, so its better to put in a new motor than get you a cheap new one." No problems there. A few days went by, and I had not heard anything from the technician. After a few more days, I called the technician to see when he would be coming out to replace the motor. He told me the motor was on back order, but he had ordered the part. Only frustration with the technician is, like the rest of them, they are terrible at communicating with you. After a couple more weeks, I made a call to Total Home Protection to get an update and see what other options I may have. The first person I spoke to was fairly understanding of the situation and seemed like he wanted me to get a real solution to the problem. I cannot remember their name, but he transferred me to the resolution department to rectify the issue. This is where I met "Matt". I told him the problem I was experiencing, the motor was on back order, and I was frustrated with the process and decision making of the company. He said he wanted to speak to the technician to verify what I was telling him, and he hung up on me mid-sentence. I was frustrated. When "Matt" called me back, almost two hours later, I calmly listened to him explain to me things I already knew and I had already explained to him. Keep in mind, I placed the claim on the 15th of July. It is now August 20th- still no working dryer. I explained to him I had been paying premiums for one year, approximately $432, to cover any appliance that may fail due to normal usage. Then, I paid an additional $60 to the technician for the service charge. I am now out of pocket approximately $500 (rounding up $8). For that figure, it would have been more cost effective for me to not have purchased the warranty, and simply replace the dryer on my own. I could get a basic, decent model dryer for $450-$550. His solution- "we will give you one month free service." I wouldn't take that offer. In the middle of explaining my frustration with his lack of a resolution, he put me on hold. I waited. After a few seconds, he came back on the phone. "Sir, I spoke to my direct manager, and we can give you $200 towards a new dryer." My options were to continue waiting for the new motor, or they would "give" me $200 to purchase a new one. Now I am mad. I asked to be sent to the person who gave him clearance to give me the $200. He told me that person was in a meeting and could not speak with me. I said, "fine, send me to their voicemail and they can call me back at their earliest convenience." Then he told me, "well, I can't let you talk to them. They don't get involved in this stuff. I am actually the manager here." Naturally, I asked him if he even spoke with anyone else or if he simply placed me on hold and then told me he did. The conversation escalated. He raised his voice, spoke over me while I attempted to voice my frustration, and said he would not tolerate me calling him a liar. I never called him a liar, for the record. He eventually hung up on me because I was "angry and an unhappy person". I called back, got more of the same "lack of resolution", and, finally, told them I would wait for the new motor to come in and would fire them shortly afterwards. Not once during any of my conversations with them did they say they were sorry it was taking so long. Not even a generic, unfelt attempt at empathy or understanding. I told "Matt" I wanted a copy of my call since it was being "recorded for quality assurance and training purposes." Apparently, they do not want you to have those because my request was met with immediate rage that I would even have the audacity to ask for such a thing. Long story short, I have gone five weeks without a dryer. Total (lack of) Home Protection has net approximately $350 from me, and they do not value you as a client. They will be fired soon. I would strongly discourage anyone from purchasing their services. Heaven forbid a major appliance, such as an A/C unit were to go out. Do yourself a favor and pay yourself $35/40 a month and go without the headache of this service. It is not worth it.

Sheryl

August 20th, 2019 Wilmington, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My washer broke down, Total Home Protection company sent someone out. They then contacted me and said I should replace the washer because the transmission went on it. They offered me $200 to purchase a new washer!! I said are you kidding me? To repair would have been $600. I checked around and I can't touch a new very BASIC washing machine under $400. When I asked them how they came to $200 for my offer, they told me that THEY could get a new one for that price IF they were to purchase one. I said "well can you get me that one?" They said well, no that's just what we COULD get one for IF we were to get one. Well I can't get one for that price and if they WON'T get one for that price, what good is that? And if they don't get them for that price, how is that a real number? I don't understand. So, that was July 4th, it's now Aug 20th and I STILL DON'T HAVE MY $200 YET!!!! This is the worst place to deal with. I have sent multiple emails, left messages with the "Account Manager" and I get nothing back. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, YOU WLL NOT BE HAPPY!!!!! I went online and see my account claim is closed. Now I have to call AGAIN. This is crazy and not acceptable.

Tiffany Abram

August 19th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection's home warranty is a waste of hard earned money and hope in a company to cover appliances. They did not cover my hot water heater and only slightly timely in their response. The biggest problem is that my A/C went out when Dallas-Fort Worth was in the midst of a 100+ day streak but they would not only not cover it but not return my phone calls and pleas for answers. I have children and pets and it's too hot to leave us this way. Before they would not return my calls, they reported to me that the service company had reported something different than what they told me. This was just the opposite. The service company reported exactly what they told me (items THP had previously told me were covered when I initially called to start a claim) but THP claimed something else that is not covered. Also there is no way the drip pan could fill and overflow onto the board that is located several inches above the drip pan. I sent pictures of the paperwork and was told it would be another 1-2 days before I got a reply. I never received a call at all. I ended up going with a different company and had to pay $8000 for a new system. I have no positive experiences with THP and do not recommend using them.

Beverly Bier

August 17th, 2019 Shelbyville, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The only reason I gave them more than one star is because they are the least expensive company for monthly and out-of-pocket costs of all the companies I tried. But, the say "you get what you pay for" certainly holds true with this company! When we started having furnace/ac problems, it took them 2 weeks to find a company in our area that was willing to work with them. And then, it took them another 2 weeks to approve the repair. So, we were without a working furnace/ac for more than a month!!! And, I just learned this week that the company that did the work still hasn't been paid after THREE MONTHS!!! That means that the next time we need a furnace repair, there is no one in this area who will come to our aid!! This company is a TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!

JS

August 14th, 2019 Granite Bay, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

STOP DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! This is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with for home warranty work! It took over a month to have a repair done on my stove and the substandard contractor they sent out had no idea what he was doing and we had to get a separate contractor to finally take care of the problem after $600 of been spent! A pool pump Needed repair and they would only replace it with a new pump costing over $1500 while only paying $600. I got a separate contractor and a professional to come out who said the motor just needed a rebuild for less than $200 and it would perform fine. The company refused to pay and I paid $200 it’s been working fine ever since! My final straw was an air conditioning unit that had problems. They refuse to pay saying the unit was dirty, when it had been serviced less than six months ago, and even the repair person said they routinely deny every claim he has work done for them. He said this was the last job he would ever do because they were always trying to get out of a clean anyway they could and his experience has been that The customers were extremely unhappy. He said they were terrible to deal with and I couldn’t agree more! Use these people when you want to have something done in the worst way they are terrible and if you try to cancel the contract they will deduct any work that they have already done from the premium that you paid and do everything they can not to refund any money. They are no longer doing business in California and if you check the Better Business Bureau reports you will find nothing but complaints against them!!!

Emily

August 13th, 2019 Covington, LA

The worst company you can deal with as far as customer service. Nothing is covered in the first 30 days of your policy either, when you may need it most after buying a new home. I have a complaint filed with the BBB and they have the nerve to offer me a free service call instead of the $600 I'm out because they think everything is a pre-existing condition.

Pissed Mom

August 10th, 2019 Pasadena, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could rate them a negative 100 I would! Horrible customer service! I recorded all calls with them so far. Each person has told me a different story! One guy in sales wouldn’t let me get a word in. Finally I told him he has horrible customer service and he said,” I’m sales not customer service and I need to keep the line open to make sales!” I’ve been hung up on 3 times! I made a claim the beginning of July ‘19. The tech came out. Had to pay $120 ($60 for each claim). Air unit.. dishwasher & washing machine. I was told on July 17th that the air unit wouldn’t be covered due to it having rust. Paid the guy $275 for a leak test.. then he was going to charge me $250 to seal the leaks.. He didn’t show the day he was supposed to.. then we canceled with him and almost bought a whole new unit.. come to find out it was just a filter! They are now telling me that the tech never gave diagnostics for washing machine or dishwasher.. but obviously he did or it wouldn’t have been under review on the 17th.. now They are saying they have to send another tech out to look at them. I told him I couldn’t take work off this week and they still scheduled someone without even telling me. I got a phone call from the guy and when I told him that we did not need to pay the $60 he said that he needed to have that that’s how he gets paid. They are saying they have to send another tech out to look at them. I told them I couldn’t take work off this week and they still scheduled someone without even telling me. I got a phone call from the guy and when I told him that we did not need to pay the $60 he said that he needed to have that that’s how he gets paid. He ended up telling them to go screw themselves and that he would no longer have his company deal with their company. So now I have told them that if this doesn’t get resolved soon I am going to get a lawyer involved because this is just ridiculous all they are is SCAM ARTISTS! Ruined my whole day today and past 3 days. But I’m not giving up! I’m so glad our plan is up because I will be going with a different company for sure!

Pamela Hall

August 7th, 2019 Covington, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is awful I called for technician to come to my house he was 5 hours late and he came and messed up my AC unit worse than what it was, now they're telling me to get an outside person and they will reimburse me I just think that's ridiculous but at first the the lady in the claim department act like she didn't believe me and denied my claim until I told her I had everything on camera that's when she decided to tell me that they will reimburse me plus the the technician himself told me that they were not going to pay for my AC unit after being with this company for over 6 months now they are denying my claim and also this man that they sent to my house have messed up my furnace and my other AC unit and they are not trying to do anything about it so I'm going to have to take it father by getting an attorney to look into this situation these people are just a rip-off

Glenn

August 5th, 2019 Cave Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience ever with a so-called warranty company. The rude service reps look for ways to deny a claim with no investigation of fact. I cancelled my policy today. My advice is find a warranty company with solid reviews of performance which is the opposite of Total home

Brett

July 31st, 2019 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our AC went out in the middle of the summer. We called THP and the next day it was fixed. No tricks just the service fee and that was it. Great experience.Thank you THP

M. Cooper

July 29th, 2019 Kyle, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The first time I called in a claim was for my garbage disposal. They said if I hadn’t heard back from them within 48 hours to call back. I didn’t hear anything so I called back. I gave them my claim number, they said that there wasn’t even a claim it’s that number. They looked it up with my address and said it was cancelled but couldn’t tell me why. I ended up just having it fixed myself, cheaper than the deductible so it turned out better for me. The 2nd time I had a claim, my dishwasher quit. I’m still dealing with their foolishness. Again they said to call them back if I haven’t heard from them within 48 hours. I didn’t hear anything. I called back. They said they were having trouble finding someone to come out and fix it and authorized me to find someone and they would reimburse me up to $100. If it cost more than that the repairman would need to call and get prior authorization. Well I got someone local to come out 2 days later. It was going to cost $368 to fix it. The repairman called them (on speaker) and went over each part/pricing with them. They said an adjuster would call me back and then just called me back, not telling me if it was going to be an hour or a few days. I ended up waiting 2 weeks before anyone call me back. Then when they did they said that they were going to authorize the repairman to fix it for the $167 that he quoted. I told him I was there when he quoted and it was not $167, it was going to be $368. The adjuster had the audacity to argue with me, I mean I was there when he spoke to them AND I have a paper quote he gave me. She asked that I email that paper quote to the claims department. I waited another week and the claims department again want to argue with me on the quote that the repairman gave. She said that I needed to call the repairman and have him call into their claims department and go over the pricing again. I’ve had it with the irresponsible and unprofessional people. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. BEWARE, save yourself a headache and choose a different insurance company. You can be certain that I will be moving on to a different company in November.

Marvin Milburn

July 11th, 2019 Orwell, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Called about a covered breakdown, no satisfaction, no communication, said to get an outside contractor 3 wks later fixed, paying for it myself and getting my money back!!

Vincenzo izzo

July 10th, 2019 Warwick, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Awful you call customer service and your on hold for hours you call sales and your call is picked up on the first ring....where’s there priorities? not to existing customers . I called the sales department and told the un professional salesman on the phone I want to speak to a manager or supervisor and they hung up on me really really nice customer service I would do not recommend this company . Also it’s pretty sad you can’t post a review and less you get them at least one star

Trudy

July 10th, 2019 Royse City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buyer BEWARE!!!! On hold for at least 30 minutes, EVERY time! Sales team paints a great picture but just try to get them to fix anything. EVERY claim I made was denied, They send the bottom of the barrel techs who changed the wrong part and I had my company come and fix it in 10 minutes. They would not reimburse because it needed to go before a review board first. We are in 100* weather here in Texas with a baby and elderly in the home and after 3 weeks because they sent out a tech who never called them back, then had to wait for the other company that put in the wrong part, we were desperate and had our guy just fix it. There is no compassion or concern for the client. Please don't be swayed by all the promises. This company is the WORST!

John Boulton

July 4th, 2019 Lancaster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first I was thrilled with Total Home Protection offered. They offered me a 5 year plan with 1 year free. Sounded like the best deal of all the home protection business I surveyed. Until I was denied repair of my air conditioner unit and my refrigerator. I as told my AC wasn't covered b/c it was an electrical problem. And my refrig was beyond repair but refused to get me a new one. That was when I decided to cancel my contract. They offered me 1st $300 to stay then $400 still wasn't enough. I received a refund of less than half of what I paid for the plan. And this was only in the 1st year I had the plan. Talk about a major rip-off. They decide what's covered and what's not. I would NOT recommend Total Home Protection to anyone. John B.

NJ

June 21st, 2019 South Bound Brook, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT purchase this. It's horrible!!! Nothing will ever get approved. You will spend hours fighting for each claim. Their so difficult to work with. I wish I would have read these reviews. I ended up paying for 6 years in advance and even though I have 4 years left, they will not give me my money back for those remaining unused years. Total SCAM. I will stick to PSE&G warranty...don't use this.

Mark

June 14th, 2019 Farmington, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

February of 2019, I had an issue with my dryer. Since I live in a remote area, I was told by Total Home Protection to find a service company to come out and fix the dryer. I paid $404 for the repair and THP said they would reimburse me $130 for the repair. On March 8, 2019, a check was mailed. Till this day I have not received that check. In April of several heated discussions, at a cost of $35 I paid to get another check sent. Still have not received that check either. May of this year, I had a dishwasher stop working. Once again, I had to pay out of pocket to get my dishwasher looked at. The mother board was shot and I ended up getting a new dishwasher. THP sent a check for $130 to reimburse me for the replacement. As of June 13, 2019, I have not received that check either. After several heated discussions with THP, they continue to tell me "The check is in the mail" Ya right!!! So buyer beware when looking at THP for a home warranty! I strongly would NOT recommend this company. On June 13, 2019, I called THP to cancel my policy with them. THey said I would not receive the checks, I told the representative, heck I have never received the first checks. I told the representative what to do with the checks!

Egypt Middleton

June 11th, 2019 District Heights, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection is an awful company. Had a read the following review with the Better Business Bureau, I would have not paid for the service. Also, they are not a part of the BBB. Please read this Alert from the BBB website. It is 2019, and I have experienced the following. On top of that, the company did tell me that they did not offer 24/7 service. Alert The BBB investigated this company due to the number and type of complaints filed against it by consumers. The BBB also conducted a review of major search engines and found several review sites which confirmed similar conduct by the company in reviews filed on review sites. The BBB also reviewed docket listings in Philadelphia courts to determine if there have been lawsuits filed against it and we found none. Finally, the BBB reviewed the company's website to determine any policies the company had regarding issues that were the subject of our investigation. Consumers have complained about this company's failure to return calls to file claims and get a repair in a timely fashion. Consumers allege leaving multiple messages without any call backs for weeks. Many consumers state that the business is unable to locate a contractor for them and they have to locate their own contractor and get reimbursed. Consumers state the contractors that the business sends do not show up as scheduled and many of the contractors cannot find the model numbers for the items they are attempting to repair. . As part of the BBB's investigation, we asked the company about its policies concerning these issues including how consumers are notified of available contractors. The company replied stating that they advise consumers that they are not an emergency response service. They have a 24/7 claims hotline where policy holders can file a new claim. Business states that they generally assign work orders within 24 hours but technicians may not be able to get to the customers home with in a day or two but do get taken care of in the order received. Business states that a new in-house software developer has been staffed to advance workflow which will result in better service for policy holders. The business also states it has begun to use other applications to be able to route technicians to houses more efficiently. Business stated and verified that the sole owner of this company is Ronald S. This business is headquartered in Philadelphia and also has a customer service call center located in New Jersey.

Tsfrost

May 30th, 2019 Port Clinton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rating is a negative one!!!! Paid for Home Warranty in January '19. Dishwasher broke end of May.... Technician came out and the pump is shot. Samsung dishwasher that is just over 1 year old. Cost of the pump is $192 without labor. I got this info from the technician not Total Home Warranty. I called and called THW for days. No one answers and when they do you are put on hold. When you get to the "receptionist" or call center you are then directed to your "case manager". He never answers! You always must leave a message. He never returns the call. When you ask if you could be assigned another "case manager" they say he is the only one! So when I finally talked to KRon....he says that the Total Home Warranty will give me $130!!! THAT'S IT! That isn't even enough money to order the pump and doesn't address that fact that it has to be installed. KRon says that "that's all they can do"! This company is a RIP OFF! Don't anyone use them period! I am reporting them to the state attorney general office in Ohio. That's just wrong....

Very unhappy in TX

May 29th, 2019 Canyon, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well if I could have given less than one start I would. Of the claims I have made, one was too close to the start of the policy. Ok understand that. The next one there was no tech in the area I needed to find my own. Once I found a tech for my ac, the motor had locked up after a horrible storm with 80 mph winds, that claim was denied due to excessive dirt in the ac cupboard. Hello 80mph winds, I had dirt on everything. The next claim was denied as they do not cover hot tubs. Even though in their policy and what I was told and charged for they do. Apparently this was not covered as we have an insulated hot tub building and it is not attached to a pool or in a bathroom. This claim I was thinking would be better. It was turned in on 05/14 for a broken dishwasher. Today is 05/29 and I still have a broken dishwasher, no tech and no one at total home protection can tell me why. I get told call sears. Why am I paying for a service when I get told to do everything myself or it is denied. Yes I was given a refund on the over charge for services they do not offer. It was approved on 04/12 and on 05/29 there is still no refund. Guess I get to be on the phone for another 45 minute hold to get told the same excuses

Kyra Elliott

May 27th, 2019 Galveston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Home Protection is a Total LIE. They say they cover alot but when it comes down to it....THEY WON'T COVER ANYTHING! Top Air was called to fix my heat/air and made it worse. A plumber came to "fix lesks" and change faucet. They ruined my tile and didn't fix one leak and Total Home argued with me and said the company said they did the job so too bad I actually despise this company and wont renew

BHadley

May 24th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had them for about a year. Tried to get them to cover a garbage disposal and AC unit. Declined BOTH claims. Waste of money! Not to mention the waste if time waiting on their service people and their processing. Just to find out they won’t cover it anyway! BS!!!

Joshua Whitlow

May 20th, 2019 Noblesville, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company has been nothing but trouble, they sold me up front with very reasonable sounding exclusions, price, time to get out there when called, but have been nothing but trouble since. I called because I had a water heater that went out shortly after moving in. They initially said, "oh yeah by the way we have a 30 day waiting period before your policy starts." Which they never told me at any point about during my purchase. Then after several calls I managed to get them fix that issue and let me start the claim. Then after they get out there and the plumber examines the water heater, they won't fix it because its a main water tank failure and they don't cover that supposedly, which they also never told me about either. As far as I'm concerned this company has lied to me and not been truthful at any point during the purchase. They did not provide me with any policy documents before purchase that would have contained exclusions or anything of the nature. They refuse to cover the water heater.

No way

May 15th, 2019 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had 5 properties with this company and canceled them all and took the loss because of the run-around they gave me and poor customer service. I would not recommend them to an enemy. Furthermore, I cost me more to keep them than let them go because I was coming out of pocket a great deal more than if I didn't have them. It got so bad, the manager was trying to convince me to stay and after I informed him of what had taken place, he FINALLY canceled my contract as requested. I received my refund on 4 of the 5 properties I had covered. To clarify, the repair people were not the problem.

Amrit

May 11th, 2019 Tracy, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total Rip off service. Cannot trust them. I have 3 year plan that i paid them for. My dishwasher is broken from a month now. they send an armature guy who could not fix it after 2 visits and then said he cannot. Then another repair man came how found the problem and had necessary parts to fix but Total home protection asked him to call back latter as the repair is over 100$. He had to go back with fixing it. He spend 2 hours finding the issue and solution but has to put the machine back as it was because he could not get authorization from Total protection for over 100$ repair. Total home protection suggest to call back next week. The problem continues I high recommend NOT to use Total Home protection for anything at all.

D Nightingale

May 1st, 2019 Rio Verde, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bought the warranty in 2017 and didn't have a claim until April 2019 for my A/C; the first company that responded told me that they didn't want to come out to where I live; and the "customer service" tells me they can't find a second one. Really??? They've had no problem taking my money from where I live. They tell me I can find my own company, but if the company won't except what Total Home is willing to pay, I have to pay the difference. Time to call my lawyer and get my money back!!

a nancy Johnson

April 27th, 2019 Waynesville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

did not have anyone in my area to look at my refrigerator I was then told to find my own repair man it was a nightmare then I told the repair man ai thought the power went off not a surge and the plan then said ir was not covered, is that the same when the power goes out?

Charles

April 25th, 2019 Frisco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very disappointed from this service. Call center takes the claims in weekends, since the offices are closed. 90% of our claims were rejected due to "something" in their documents. Currently suffering to leave them - they ask us to pay $400 to let us go. And this is at the end of the contract, not in the middle. We had 3 houses with them. We are not very pretentious - landlords should not be, but it does not serve the purpose. Owners should be completely unhappy.

Unhappy

April 25th, 2019 Woodstock, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What Total Home Protection will not tell you: They have no control how long their contractors will take to service your claim!!!! I am having to wait for over 1 week before a technician will even come to my home to work on my microwave!!! They took over 3 MONTHS!!!! to get my air conditioner repaired with the correct part!!!! 3 months!!!! (Yes, it was summertime so it was quite inconvenient to say the least.) When you call Total Home Protection, they say they will address the problem or that they will have someone call but it never happens!!!! All Total Home Protection is good for is locking in the out-of-pocket-cost for your home repairs...don't even think of purchasing them if you expect on-time or competitive service!

Teresa Adams

April 24th, 2019 Warner Robins, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst home warranty protection plan ever, I have had turn down after turn down. They said that my ac was preexisting because I only had the plan for a little over a month. Its not like it was new when I got the policy but it was working when i got the policy. There people are not the nicest. I spome to a manager who told me that I a wrong time to call because it was time for them to get off. Then hung up, so if the management does this you really can't blame the other emplyees. They guarantee good service but provide they don't provide good service

Pat

April 12th, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sent repair person to my home who does not work on Viking I told them that I had Viking appliances So I have spent 1/2 day at home for nothing

Fabian Carro

April 11th, 2019 Largo, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Found excuses to not fix a refrigerator and oven. This is a scam insurance scheme. Stay away.

virginia

April 11th, 2019 West Branch, MI

It began on the 6th of april 2019 on a sat my furnace went out I live in Michigan in a rural area . This home protection plan DOES NOT due any Emergency services on the week end and you have to give them 24 to 48 hours in order to find some one to come out before it becomes your job to find someone to fix your problem then you have to pay up front and they reimburse you That is the gist of the story well this is what happened . I put in a claim for the furnace on sat the 6th i waited until I was told they couldnt find anyone so I found a company so the company came out checked it out called the Total home and the tech gave them a price of 258 .00 for the service call and the part and explained there would be an additional 95.00 to install the part . So the person said they would not pay for the install so I called, I spent 5 hrs on the phone and spoke to 13 people trying to find someone to understand the total bill would be 353,00 but as of yet no one understood that so finally today on the 10th of april which is now the 6th day with out heat it got fixed and i was given a bill for 353.00 total cost of repair and install of part . I emailed it as well as faxed it to them with a request on email to please let me know they received the email. Well 6 hrs later still no response. im not sure about this company so far it appears that no one knows what to do there. I am awaiting to see if they are at least honest enough to cover this claim I got the policy in oct 2018 this was my first claim and so far im not impressed but i will update if they are going to cover this bill. I at this point know a few things one you will get the run around here it is not a easy company to deal with they dont care that your with out heat for 6 days in the cold this much Im currently aware of . Might I add they had no problem taking my payment up front in full when I got the platinum plan. I will up date as soon as this has been resolved UPDATE 4/11/19 THIS COMPANY HAS DECIDED TO PAY MY CLAIM MINUS MY DEDUCTABLE Which is all I wanted . Although this was a hassle now I know how this company works I will keep it and give it one more try. knowing how it will work in a rural area . But if I ever have to deal with 13 people in order to process a claim again I will be done

graham a

April 8th, 2019 Missouri City, TX

Total scammers. Take you money and wriggle out of approving claims. Gas fired water heater leaking so much that the overflow pipe was pumping water into the street and the City Water came and switched off the water to the house.. Called THP Saturday and call taken. Said we would receive an email within 24-48n hours with an assigned contractor. Called on Sunday and said it was an emergency. Told we would receive an email with an assigned contractor . Called Monday after no email and then through various channels was told water heater not covered. Website is amateurish and sets out misrepresentation. A blog for water heaters says "Our Home Warranty plans ensure that unexpected, covered, broken water heaters are fixed quickly and professionally". Untrue and Misrepresentation, and so the false claims go on, in the website. I will be telling Realtors in Texas to avoid the company for their clients.

Lou Miller

April 3rd, 2019 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst home protection service there is. Took two weeks for a repair, took multiple calls to Customer Service and long waits to get a person to talk too. CS Rep always made me feel uncomfortable when attempting to file a claim. Tried to cancel and they want to charge me $320. Even Tech that came out said this is one of the worst home warranty companies to work with. Takes forever and they most likely won't cover item or at a reduced amount. LOOK elsewhere!!

Fred Gunkel

April 2nd, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had two plans for two different properties. I sold both properties and tried to cancel the plans. I was told in the beginning that I could cancel the multiple year plans, for which I paid in advance, at any time for a refund. When I tried to cancel the story changed. I was told that the cancellation is now prorated on the full normal price rather than the $3,500 dollars I paid in advance and that since I had the contracts for two years I was not due a refund on the balance remaining because refunds are based on a different rate and that I used up all the value at that higher rate. This was not explained when I purchased the contract. I was told that it is written somewhere in the contracts. I would avoid dealing with this company even though they make it sound appealing in the beginning. Also, when I needed to replace an appliance because the tech said it would be too expensive to fix, I only received a small amount and was told that was the maximum that they would pay. What a cheat this company is. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. THEY ARE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECT. THEY ARE DEVIOUS AND DECEPTIVE.

Greta

March 1st, 2019 Altheimer, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I didn’t anticipate investing as much money as I did into maintaining my home so my savings depleted very quickly. However, a friend recommended I get a warranty and I ended up getting one from Total home protection. It’s been a great move for me and my bank account. My deductible payment is affordable and the timeliness of their service has kept me a loyal customer. I feel like I made a very informed decision with this purchase. All you have to do is put in a claim online and someone contacts you pretty quickly. I had my oven fixed last week after finding that there was a short in it. Great , very useful service.

Justin

February 27th, 2019 Saint Paul, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their team has been very slow at resolving our issue. Their communication to the AC/Furnace company has been poor. They told me they were waiting on items from them, but I confirmed (and saw the receipt) that the AC/Furnace company had turned it in. I've called multiple times to follow up, and two out of the 4 days their system was supposedly down. THEY DID NOT COVER MY AC UNIT BECAUSE THEY SAID THERE WAS DUST IN IT. The unit had sat for 4 months before they got to a resolution, no wonder there's dust in it! They also said it's very HARD for a company like theirs to repair or replace a A/C unit. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, it is a waste of money and time. They also took pictures of my unit that they used as evidence, but they refuse to provide them to me.