Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

ZK

January 31st, 2019 Bullhead City, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Signed up and then when I called in I got a little better rate and some of my questions and concerns were answered.

Rita

January 31st, 2019 Houston, TX

Daniel represented the company very well. Select Home Warranty offered a good product at a good value.

Jennifer Meyer

January 31st, 2019 Maricopa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everyone is very friendly and very helpful. I've never had any issues with them.

Marvin

January 31st, 2019 Cedar Hill, TX

I called because I hadn't received my contract and to update my account with a new card. Both Johnathan (Customer Serv.) and Abigail (Billing) were helpful in solving my issues. Johnathan emailed my policy within 2 minutes and Abigail update my account for future scheduled payments while allowing me to pay a current and future payment at one time.

Larry Burton

January 31st, 2019 Antioch, TN

Just enrolled - so limited to my enrollment experience. I liked the ability to look at best options to enroll two properties in different States at a great price. Richard did a great job in clearly presenting the best option for me with no pressure.

Shelly

January 30th, 2019 Newark, DE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst Warranty Company ever. BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR WARRANTY. SELECT WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER ANYTHING, THEY WILL NOT EVEN INFORM YOU THAT YOUR CLAIM WAS DENIED UNTIL YOU CONTACT THEM AGAIN. YOU CAN NEVER ACCESS THEIR WEBSITE. I ACTUALLY HAD A BETTER WARRANTY COMPANY BEFORE AND THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE VERY RUDE, ESPECIALLY A SO CALLED SUPERVISOR NAMED RON S. I am currently in the process of filing an executive COMPLAINT. Their employees inform you of one thing and 4 other people tell you different and they claim they have no record. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Michelle and Dennis Kennedy

January 30th, 2019 Blytheville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company ever.. They have no intention of ever paying for anything... DO NOT GET INVOLVED. its been a nightmare dealing with them.. they will not pay a claim small or big.. we have been giving the run around on everything. water heater.... denied washing machine.. denied heating unit... pay and will be reimbursed.. we haven't seen one dime.. 3 months ago and they keep taking double payments out of our account.. so finally its not worth the hours on the phone the emails back and forth.. they just screwed us around..

Mark Fisher

January 26th, 2019 Rule, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very helpful staff, fully answered all questions and explained further than I asked

Michelet

January 25th, 2019 Prescott, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shady practices. It is common for a home warranty to pay for repairs. What Select does not tell you is that you must pay for your approved repairs and then apply and wait for a refund.

Ms. Lynn Smith

January 25th, 2019 Lithonia, GA

Jeff S was very nice and helpful.

Maggie

January 25th, 2019 La Junta, CO

answered questions took care of things asked about

Diana

January 25th, 2019 Little Rock, AR

the customer service agent was helpful and also gave me a new customer sign up discount

Luis Torres

January 25th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL

The WORST. I filled a claim for my ice maker ( not making ice )and the technician diagnosed a water pressure problem . Once you get that fix I will return to check the ice maker. Select warranty told me to hire my one plumber and they will refund me. Send the invoice and waited for 6 weeks. Now the they denied the claim for the plumber and the ice maker. Called and complaint but all I got were excuses. WORST company home warranty service .

Tonlic

January 25th, 2019 Greensboro, NC

I ended up having Select as my servicer because of so many great deals they are providing to their upcoming customers like me.

Jenna Bucci

January 25th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Being new to the home warranty process there was a lot of information to learn. Select Home Warrenty made it easy, and helped me determine the best warranty for my property. They were fast, friendly, and efficient.

Wayne Wassom

January 25th, 2019 Humble, TX

I am new. The sale person was very good.

La Tonya Moorman

January 25th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hello. I have been with this company since April, 2018. I filed a claim in Aug and Janu for my garage. NO Problem. The first week of January 2019 I filed a claim for a leak (plumbing) They flat out denied it would not send a contractor out so I have been back and forth with them since then. I also filed another claim for my clothes dryer which they flat out denied! I called fussing and threatening them this was on Jan. 4. On January 11, 2019 they finally sent an unlicensed contractor to diagnose my issue whom then jacked up the price of my part and labor on her receipt to submit to Select. I called my GE parts hotline and got the Real price for the part that I was TOLD I needed and the amount was 200.00 LESS than what the contrator told select as well as the time it would take to put the part on. It is now Jany 25, 2019, SELECT continues to NOT return a call or email but on Jan 24, stated they are working on the issue please allow 24-48 hours. This has been going on since Jan. 4!! I have also got all of my documents together and will be filing a formal complaint with the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. This compnay is a FRAUD. They give you a good price to get you to use them as a service provider however, they hardly provide the services and will gladly take your monthly fee!! They are FRAUDS. DO NOT use them, cancel them immediately!!! I hope once the Federal Trade Commission gets done with investigating them that this fraudulent company will learn a very valuable lesson. You can't beat comsumers out of thousands of dollars, provide little to NO service, breach your OWN contract and expect to continue to get away with it!! They are horrible and believe US with the reviews drop/cancel them right now and do as I am doing filing a Federal Compalint!!! The low fee they charge comes with the fradulent activity they continue to do. As of today, I still havent heard back from them and again one way or the other I will get my money back from them.

Felice

January 25th, 2019 Marietta, GA

I was (like every other person) talked into buying a 3 year Select Home Warranty to save money. HA-HA. This company is GREAT at sales but that's where there service comes to a complete HALT. First, they will not repair anything for 30-90 days after you purchase the warranty. We all know that things break all the time when you purchase a home and you cannot schedule the time they break. The first thing that happened was a roof leak (which I had them add to my coverage). The salesman forgot to mention it ONLY covered the livable space and of course, my leak was over my front porch. The second thing that happened was that my ice maker broke. I paid a service technician (sent by SHW a $50 service fee for him to tell my my ice maker was broken. Think about that one! What a joke. The technician told me he put in a repair ticket on December 28, 2018. I have contacted SHW everyday since and all I've gotten back is an automated email stating someone will call me in 24-48 "business hours" - which translates into NEVER. It is now January 24, 2019 and I have not resolved this issue. I know an icemaker is not like a heating system or water heater going out....but....if they can't repair an icemaker...they certainly aren't going to repair any major system. It is disgusting that there have been almost 3,000 complaints against them registered with the Better Business Bureau in the past 3 years (over a thousand in the last year) and YET they are still allowed to SCAM people out of money. When did FRAUD become legal in the United States?

John

January 24th, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything said by the negative reviewers I agree with. We're freezing while waiting for Select to approve a heating strip on our AC/Heat. We had an appliance repaired needed a couple of days before Christmas and still haven't got it repaired despite hours on the phone with their agents.

SANDIE

January 21st, 2019 Bellefontaine, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THEY ARE A PIECE OF CRAP FURNACE WENT OUT SUNDAY MORNING , THEY DONT HONOR OR APPROVE REPAIRS ON SUNDAY OR WEKEND IN GENERAL, SO IF YOU HAVE A MAJOR ISSUE THEY WILL NOT TAKE CARE OF IT, UNTIL MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8 TO 5, ANYTHING AFTER THAT YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL THEIR NEXT BUSINESS DAY . THEY WILL FILE YOUR CLAIM BUT THEY DO NOT APPROVE ANY WORK ACCEPT DURING THOSE HOURS, IT IS 20 BELOW ZERO FURNACE WENT OUT AND I STILL HAVE NOT HEAR ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY YET AND IT HAS BEEN OVER 36 HOURS SINCE MY CLAIM WAS FILED . PAID 160 DOLLARS TO A FURNACE MAN JUST FOR COMING OUT, THERE IS NO SERVICE COMPANY IN MY AREA WHO ACCEPTS THESE WARRANTY COMPANIES, SINCE I LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN, , WITH THIS WARRANTY IM ONLY SUPPOSE TO PAY THE FIRST 45 BUT SINCE THEY DONT ACCEPT WARRANTY I PAID THE FULL PRICE , AND THE WARRANTY COMPANY DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE MONEY BACK I PAID OVER THE 45, I AM JUST OUT THE MONEY, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANY ONE , PLEASE BEWARE THEY WILL LIE TO GET YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT STAND BEHIND ANYTHING, GOT RUN AROUND ON PHONE FOR 2 HOURS WONT LET YOU TALK TO SUPERVISOR ECT, I TRYED CANCELLING MY POLICY AND HAD TO ARGUE WITH HER FOR ANOTHER 30 MIN TO GET IT CANCELLED SHE KEPT WANTING TO GIVE ME A FREE MONTH TO STAY WITH THEM, MY HOME WAS DOWN TO 25 DEGREE'S AND WORRIED MY PIPES WERE GOING TO BUST FROM THE COLD AND HAVE A ELDERLY HUSBAND WITH MEDICAL ISSUE, THEY RECOMMENDED TO TO GET A MOTEL ROOM TILL THEY CAN FIND SOME ONE TO GET IT FIXED, WHICH AGAIN I HAD NOT HEARD FROM THEM IN 36 HOURS, BECAUSE AGAIN IT WAS THE WEEKEND AND THEY DO NOT WORK WEEKENDS OTHER THEN TAKING CLAIMS THEY CANT DO UNTIL DURING THE WEEK. SAYS I HAD TO LEAVE A RATING WHICH SHOULD OF BEEN NONE

Tunnock

January 18th, 2019 Elizabethtown, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kevin was very helpful. With getting me a good price that I can afford, I look forward to being with your company for many years to come. I just bought my house in November and I hope to having your company to service my needs. Thank you very much.

Joseph Haroldsen

January 18th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

The info on the site was straightforward and easy to understand. It was much less expensive than my existing warranty I purchased when I bought my house last year, and also covers roof leaks (for free, minus the service call fee). I called and spoke with a rep. (Richard) to ask a couple of questions, whiche were answered quickly and concisely. I was also offered a multi-year deal (that I bought) which was AWESOME. If you can afford to buy that deal, go for it. I got six years coverage at half of my current contract with my existing company, and the service call fees are 15.00 less as well!

phillip g melinie

January 18th, 2019 Gonzales, LA

Great rates and excellent agent to deal with

Mandy

January 18th, 2019 Houston, TX

The customer service representative.was very kind and knowledgeable. 1 month ago I had to cancel my policy because I didn't close on a property. I found another property and was able to get the same discount and plan! I'm relieved and happy that it worked out

Ingrid Paradoa

January 18th, 2019 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good customer service & affordable coverage for your home.

dave

January 18th, 2019 Hollywood, FL

They were friendly, answered all my questions promptly and efficiently and with full disclosure of the services provided

Mack

January 17th, 2019 New Milford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company appears to be little more than a carefully crafted fraud. They assigned technicians to repair our furnace. None ever showed to do the work. When we asked them why, 2 of the 3 assigned said they had not been paid by Select Home Warranty andas such were not willing to do work for them. The 3rd tech assigned by Select Home Warranty never showed at all. After nearly 2 months of delays, Select Home Warranty demanded that we call our own technician at our own expense. We did so. When the technician arrived a Select Home Warranty representative badgered them on the phone pressing to force them to state that the repair of our furnace should not be covered. Our technician grew angry, handed me the phone back and refused to speak with the Select representative any further. The repair came to $313. Select said our reimbursement would be processed within 24 hours. When no contact came after nearly 3 days, I followed up. Even more lies, diversion, and demands for a never ending list of documentation followed. When I tried to cancel, another smooth operator apologized for everything and promised to make good for months worth of sins. All if I would just send one more piece of paperwork. I did so. He came back three days later with an offer to pay $150 of a $313 bill! I asked what would have happened if the bill was $10,000. He said the reimbursement would be the same... a cap of $150! In a smarmy tone he said, “Didn’t you read the policy?” If you look closely, all of the reviews touting Select Home Warranty as trustworthy are paid advertisements. Based on my first-hand experience as a customer with more than a year of premiums paid, this is nothing more than a very artfully crafted fraud. I am in contact with the State Attorney General in my home state and I strongly suggest that you stay as far away from these swindlers as possible!

Daniel Osterhout

January 17th, 2019 Livonia, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I contacted Select 5 times with no results. No service people have been sent. I have filed a complaint and still no call back. I feel I have been scammed.

M

January 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I usually never right reviews. I do believe something goes wrongbut stay strong and give chance. For 2017 and 2018, I was thinking I’m new customer, and they will improve and cover better next time. However, they always have different story about any claim. I bought SHW on 05/2017 for 3 years. Sale person was so good, made me buy for 3 years saying that they will cover all problem except cosmetic. Also, I can cancel my policy any time and will get refund., NO WORRIES. After talking to him and ensuring, they will provide all needed and necessary about repair, I paid for 3 year. 1ST claim went; they can’t cover because less than ninety days, I paid the difference from my pocket. After that dishwasher has problem, they said, they don't cover in 1 year twice. Vents claim sent, no one came, dryer claim, technician came and said everything is ok. Cooking range does not cover. Electricity claim, technician never call or show up. Plumbing no came for 6 days then I call local company, they came next day. Refrigerator claim went from 1 to 5 times to different contractor. 1st contractor was not answering, after 1st time answering the phone , he said he will call back with time and I waited for 5 days. Second contractor when I spoke with him, my claim is from SHW, He gave me end of the month date. I called back to SHW and they assigned back previous contractor who is not even answering. I called again asked to check with contractor if they want to do the job. Finally after 15 day one contractor call and came. When he sent claim to select home warranty. They say they don't cover. I asked them then cancel the policy and refund me back. They could not repair/cover appliance and waste my time and held my money. he said, he cannot refund because it’s been 21 months. I asked him to check all email and phone I have made. There was not good service from your company at all. The reason, I want to cancel is your service. It is scam. I will suggest people never buy Home warranty from SHW.

Lisa

January 11th, 2019 Charleston, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Paid for the 5yr plan on a condo in October 2018. Now that we are in the winter, the heat is not working properly. Called yesterday....still nothing. Called today..put on hold for 10 min and then automation comes on phone to say I won't lose my place in line. Well they just called back and said they are still looking for someone. Good thing it's not below zero out. They said we should hear something by tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Betsy D.

January 11th, 2019 Jefferson City, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Please whatever y’all do don’t get select home warranty as your company to fix you appliances in your home. I did and my ice maker quit working made a claim took them 2 months to get someone out here to look at it, when he got here he said it was the filter in ice maker and fridge that was the problem plus the motor in ice maker. He came back with new motor and filters, at least that’s what he said, but when I looked at it after my husband called me asking if he fixed it, I said he said yes to my mom, that my fridge was now flashing 14 E on the front and there was nothing new in it. Now my fridge is more broke now then what it was before. I can’t change temps on fridge or freezer or change from water to ice to be dispensed, but that’s ok it still ain’t making ice. It will dispense ice if you put ice in it to send out. I told them repeatedly that it was not the dispenser but the ice maker. So please do not go with them, even after 4 phone calls with them, they still believed him over me.

Hemang Parekh

January 11th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Never repairs anything, takes too long to schedule and eventually sends unprofessional technicians. They promise a free service call which never occurs, they will charge you each time. Once the technician arrives he will write up an inflated estimate. Offer to the repairs for you. Review of the claim is "denied" due to poor maintenance or age of appliance or some other excuses, they will offer $100-$200 depending on the appliance which is really $45 less due to your service fee. Costc of repair or replacement will be 4-7x your appliance cost. Big scam avoid them at any cost. Same for Choice Home Warranty and American Home shield. It has cost me over $8000 in the past 10 years on these scam companies when BBB gives them high ratings and State Attorney General's are asleep and refuse to protect unsuspecting customers.

Love

December 28th, 2018 Frederick, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anyone considering purchasing a home warranty with Select home warranty, do not proceed with the purchase. Please take time to read this review. This company sells you a policy under false pretense, does not provide techs, or assigns techs who do not show up (I discovered from a technician from a company not affiliated with select home warranty that a lot of techs do not like working with select home because they have a reputation of not paying the technicians what is owed. This may explain why I never received any repair work by DIFFERENT companies select home warranty assigned). I was lied to by the sales rep over the phone (recorded call) that there is no cancellation fee at all. I proceeded to make the great mistake of purchasing a policy with select home warranty, which I paid in full for one year. After months of not having multiple issues repaired and many phone calls to select home to have them assign me tech to come out and repair the problem(s), I called to cancel my policy. The rep first suggested I procure my own tech, pay out of pocket and send them the invoice so I would be reimbursed. I decided to proceed with the cancellation. That is when I learned how devious and fraudulent select home warranty is. First, they charged me a $75 cancellation fee even though I was told on their own recorded call that there is no cancellation fee. In addition, I am also being charged $130 that I had no idea existed. The break down of the additional $130 is $75 for a garbage disposal claim that select home warranty refused to send a tech to replace or repair. Instead they told me $75 was the maximum they would pay towards the garbage disposal claim, and I could buy a new garbage disposal and will be refunded the money, but I would be responsible for procuring my own tech for which I would also be solely responsible for payment to replace it. I bought a new garbage disposal for $80, submitted the receipt and they sent me a $75 check. That was it. No where in the email was it stated that if I cancel my policy I would have to pay them back the $75 reimbursement. The remaining $55 from the $130 is for work that never happened! A tech came out for my toilet, we both wanted to know how much select home warranty would pay before he did any repair. I called select home warranty and the tech and I spoke to a rep who could not provide a coverage fee. The rep was supposed to send an inquiry on the coverage fee and then notify the tech and I. I paid the tech my deductible and asked that he leave without doing any repair until we found out how much select home warranty would pay. I never heard anything back from Select home warranty on this issue, until today after cancelling my policy. According to select home warranty, they paid the toilet claim company $205 and out of that fee, I owe $55 which is deducted from my reimbursement for cancelling my policy. First, why was I never notified of how much select home would pay? Second and more importantly, why didn't select home warranty notify me of money that I supposedly owe, considering the tech never did the work! There is no invoice for this repair or charge because the tech left without doing any repair. I would think when a tech does any repair, that the customer is given a receipt, an invoice, something to acknowledge work done and the price. This company is very fraudulent. They lie to get your business, then fail to provide adequate services, and proceed to scam additional fees when you rightfully decide to cancel the policy. The sales rep that lied about the cancellation fee also told me the FIRST 2 months would be free. When I called in about my first claim, I learned another lie - the LAST 2 months are free if you utilize the policy in its full duration. I am sure if I stayed with select home warranty for the entire duration, they would have either told me another lie to avoid giving me the 2 months free, or ensure that the last 2 claims submitted for the 2 free months will result in no techs assigned or assigned to techs who never show up. This has been my experience. This is not a decent company to use at all. I hope all the scamming select home warranty does catches up with them and this company goes out of business in the near future. Don't fall for the low price - you get what you pay for. Actually you get nothing but crazy charges on stop of what you paid for with no repairs to show for it.

C jackson

December 27th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This the worst home warranty company I’ve ever dealt with. They have the worst service technician that complete a service call and you will need to find someone to complete the job. Paying another service fee for which they do not reimburse you. Stay away from this company if wish to maintain your sanity

Can Agar

December 19th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

worst ever they look for a reason not to pay at all

Fernando Delgado

December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We got Select home warranty when we purchase our home. About a month later we had problems with our refrigerator and A/C and they said we had to wait 3 months before they can service anything which that didn't make sense if we had paid for that service as soon as we purchase the house. We ended up terminating our service with them because they were not willing to help at all. Very bad customer service and really bad communication between them.

Coleen Orth

December 4th, 2018 Santa Clara, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AWFUL service! They do not deliver what they promise. And - I receive calls DAILY asking if I want to purchase a policy. I HAVE A POLICY (for 2 YEARS!)! DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Claim service is a joke, they have done nothing to help me & told me to deal with manufacturer directly. I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY POLICY.

Hong Liu

November 29th, 2018 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Big scamming company. The salesperson will promise you everything to get your money. Then they email you the policy and ask for a 5 star review to get another one month free. That is why so many 5 star reviews for the sales department. But did you notice all the reviews for the services are really bad? My policy says free first 30 days cancellation . I contacted them to cancel it immediately after they emailed me the policy, because it doesn’t have what the salesperson has promised. A manager called me. He is very unprofessional . He asked me if anything was wrong with me? Why do I want to cancel the best warranty in this county? He clearly said "You are very very rude". He said he was going to charge me $75 fee to cancel it anyway, no matter what is on the policy. Just because I want to cancel it, I was verbally abused. I had to hang up the phone to stop being bullied. After that he kept calling me several times. I had to block their phone number to stop the harassment. Later I called my credit card company to report it. My credit company said no worries their original charge didn't go through anyway. This a bad company, don't waste your money and time.

George

November 16th, 2018 Spring Lake, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

do not honor commitments, unscrupulous, compulsively lie

Suman

November 16th, 2018 Cary, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Recently i did 4th claim. I have this policy since 14 months. their authorization team is very rude, they don't speak politely. They grill customers to get any information, and they make the claim to get deny and make customers pay from their pocket. They don't have good contractors because they pay very late and most reputed contractors dont like this. All new contractors they come home with no uniform, no id, no experience and charge the same way as reputed contractors charge. I really not sure how they are getting 4 star ratings. so many of my friends complain about this. I can cancel the contract, however i paid a huge amount for 6 yrs of coverage. if i cancel i have to loose $75 + all repair cost which they paid towards all claims. I didn't knew this before. The sales agent never told me about this. Suggestion to all customers of select home warranty - please keep all maintenance records for ac and heating unit. Make sure clear description in receipt with proof of payment. also you need to show your bank statements also as a proof of transactions. If you paid cash, then forget. they will not believe.

Jay Z

November 15th, 2018 Dublin, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased the Platinum Care warranty package for my house and 3 condos. I purchased the 5-year package and it has been 4 years. They are terrible in honoring the coverage. They don't have many technicians available either in Columbus, Ohio which is a fairly big city. On a couple of occasions they wanted us to find and pay a technician and reimburse us for the cost. It would take multiple calls for them to send the check (typically about $50). Every time we call, their rep told us check will be sent out right away and if we do not receive it, call them again. Then we needed to call again in 2 weeks, then again in 2 weeks. After 3-4 calls, we would finally get the $50 check. I would have given up because it's only $50, but my wife is persistent, she would eventually get it. It's just not worth it and not pleasant experience. Most importantly, they wouldn't replace the fridge that is beyond repair, although most home warranty companies say they would "repair or replace". When our fridge is determined to be beyond repair by their technician. They told us they can only give us $100 because the fridge needs to be depreciated. The least expensive fridge of similar size costs about $550+tax. After 3-4 times of calls, we finally received the $100. I didn't know when the warranty says "replace", it meant the depreciated value. So if you are hoping they would help you replace your AC unit someday, maybe you would receive $200 which helps you very little for purchasing a new unit. For me, the purpose of insurance or warranty is to manage the risk of expensive repairs and replacements. Their warranty doesn't help me at all.

MadCustomer

November 8th, 2018 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is an absolute ripoff! I paid $550 for a warranty and my first claim they are giving me a runaround. I called monday morning at 7:47a and here i am at 7:40p wednesday and not only have i not gotten someone out to even take a look at my leaking well pump, which I paid extra to have in the policy, but they haven't even "assigned" someone to my claim! On top of not sending someone they have a $500 limit per problem so they wouldnt even cover it if something costing more than that happened. I could have held onto my $550 and been much better off. Do not do business with these ripoff artists.

Gloria Daniel

November 7th, 2018 Griffin, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Home Warranty, should not be allowed to do business. As Americans, we have no one to protect us from such unethical companies such as SHW. They will not pay to fix anything, it's difficult to get in touch with them, or get a response from e-mail or phone contact. If you will notice, just about all of the good reviews for SHW simply deal with the sign-up process, I almost cry, when I think of the horror, these innocent trusting people will face when they file a claim with Select Home Warranty, this is when the nightmare begin. Do not trust or deal with Select Home Warranty

Kathy

November 1st, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased a plantium plan. Had second thoughts before my first 30days were up. They talked me in to keeping the plan. My ac broke. Put in a claim,no one ever called me or came by. Reported my problem. Was told someone would come. Not! Then of course they don’t cover coils or Freon. Tried to cancel again but was talked back into not cancelling. After I paid 3300$ for my ac I read the Warrenty. There is fine print with each appliance. They will NOT remove old appliances if replaced among many other things . I can’t live without working appliances. They are slow to get anyone to you and then they might not be able to repair the item. It is NOT worth waiting for them to decide. So I called to cancel again and now am told I will be charged for the last 2 and a half months since I had 6 months free. It is going to cost me 250$ to cancel. It states 75$ to cancel. I have not had any service whatsoever just a bunch of lip service over the phone. I hope I can prevent you from making the same stupid mistake I made . This company is a THIEF .

John

October 30th, 2018 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have platinum plan of select home warranty for two of my rental houses, have very bad experiences of both. When my water leaking, they said it was not covered. When my water heater was required to be replaced by their contractor, they said it was covered. Basically, they cover nothing. When I asked to cancel my service, they did not say anything and just refused to do it.

Kashi

October 26th, 2018 Gaithersburg, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the biggest scam i ever see in my life. They never work for you. They ask you for full payment for 6 months or 1 year, and then they do nothing for you.

vipul

October 23rd, 2018 Orland Park, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They answer all calls but process of getting service done is very long. Do not recommend at all. They do not cover every thing like they say.

Lisa

October 18th, 2018 West Memphis, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was told everything covered with just the deductible to pay tech. Sales rep insured me everything was covered. My heat system stopped working. Tech came quickly. Fine print though case under review. They say will ONLY cover $150 since I do not have service record from previous owner of home. I paid the $75 service fee to be left with no heat because company won’t cover over $150 without service record. Do not throw your money away on this company.

Jerome

October 18th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don't trust Select Home Warranty or the the technicians they are sending out to do repairs. I had a tech replace a part on a refrigerator which didn't take care of the problem. He installed a part that was not authorized by Select and i had to threw away food in the freezer. When I called Select Home Warranty they had no record of the repair. Now I was told by Select that it will take 24 to 48 hours just to receive an email of the the same repair company to call me and reschedule another service person of the same company to come out to my home . It was like talking to a recording message when I called Select about my concerns . CUSTOMER BEWARE BEFORE PURCHASING THIS WARRANTY COMPANY !!!!!!!!

Theresa B

October 18th, 2018 Crofton, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT BUY a warranty from this company. They are a rip off and will not pay out on your claims. Then qote you these contract clauses that the buyer never sees at purchase time, in order not to pay. This company has cost me $1013 thrown down the drain, in purchase cost and claims. They found a reason to only pay $100 of a $613 claim then when I tried to cancel the warranty I was told I had to pay a $75 admin fee plus reimburse them any money they paid to me in claims, which means I lose even more money and have to pay back the $100 they paid on the $613 claim.