First American Home Warranty

7.4

Heorhi Fedchanka Walnut Creek, CA

George. I would never recommend that company. My story with a fridge started 6 months ago, and we still don't have any positive result. The first time our fridge was broken 6 months ago, and the tech fixed it. Then in 2 weeks fridge was broken again and the tech said that they don't have that part and I have to wait on it. The GE manufacturer stopped making that part. It's taken for First American Home Warranty about 1-1.5 month to find that part. They found that part on eBay, that means that there is no warranty, and there is no confirmation that that part is original (I didn't know that previously). I can't imagine that company like First American Home Warranty ordering parts on eBay, it's unprofessional. Tech came in 2 months and replace that part. Fridge worked around 2 months after that stopped working again. We called back to and open another claim. The first time tech was scheduled but didn't come. The second time the tech came and said that he can't repair the fridge. Then First American Company sent tech from official General Electric company. That tech was very professional, and he confirmed that the fridge can't be repaired because the parts are not manufactured anymore. He called to First American and provided that information. I spoke with the representative from First American and he confirmed that they are going to send me a new fridge. I'm OK with that, but today I've got confirmation that they scheduled another contractor to fix my fridge. How come? How long it takes? I can't trust to that company, all the time they are providing different information. I see that they don't wont to replace my fridge. I'm going to find the attorney or go to the small court. I don't have a choice.

Brenda Waldrop Lakeland, FL

I really would give it 0 stars but that is not an option. I have been a loyal customer for 13+ years. At one time I had 5 warranties with this company. I raved about the service and encouraged others to buy their product. As with a lot of services in our world, times have changed and this company now gladly takes your money and then proceeds to argue with you about fixing the problem or how long they have to get it done. There used to be one person that you dealt with and not it is whoever picks up the phone. It is almost impossible to ever get a supervisor on the line and usually pointless when you do. The death of a great service provider greatly saddens me. I will not be renewing my coverage next year and encourage others to do the same.

Christina V. San Bernardino, CA

BUYERS BEWARE!! This warranty company is a joke!! Be sure to take notice of how the negative reviews far outnumber the positive ones!! They really should allow you to go with a zero star rating. This is absolutely the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service reps can hardly string an intelligent sentence together and become argumentative if you stand your ground on an issue. During a phone call, I asked to speak to a supervisor. . .the rep that I was speaking to literally said "enjoy being on hold for 10 minutes" before clicking off of the line. I ended up being on hold for over 20 minutes and the supervisor that I spoke to told me that literally my only recourse to the problem I was having was to hire an outside A/C repair person and pay for it out of my pocket before they will incur the expense of sending out one of their contracted companies to do a second opinion on my A/C unit. At this point, I have spoken to numerous customer service reps and supervisors. They will not listen to my complaint against the company that they sent to my home. . .they will not arrange for a second opinion and they will not refund my $75.00 service fee. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!! I feel like the good reviews are simply clients that got lucky. The negative reviews completely outnumber the negative reviews.

Rachel Austin, TX

Update: still no AC and cant get ahold of anyone at First American to provide an update. We are at 97 degrees inside our home and its been a week and a half. The customer rep we were given is going straight to voicemail, the claims specialist is OOO and the people on the main line say they cant help I made a call about my AC and got technicians out the next day, but the technicians were completely neglectful (at my home for 10 mins total, only looked at the external unit and left before confirming that anything was fixed). I reopened the service request 2 hours after I left via the website then called the next monday. At this point my broken AC had begun leaking through the ceiling, which they will of course not cover. Its 105 degrees out so not running the AC is not an option. I was told that for urgent requests, I need to call even though they present the website as the preferred means to operate. Beyond that the technicians said they cannot come out for another 48 hours, but could charge me $150 for a temporary AC (because I of course should have to pay for a solution since they contracted a terrible company with 1 star reviews all over the place online). They refused to look for another contractor, were quite rude, left me on hold for extended period of times and were overall horrible in their customer service. Next year I will be going with a different company for my warranty, as expecting me to go a week without AC in August in TX is ridiculous

DMA

I would give zero stars if I could. First of all, they have poor and rude customer service. They literally hung up on me twice or sent me on a phone goose chase before. Once I called in advance to see if a repair was covered, the agent confirmed it was only to be surprised that it was not when the technician showed up. To make matters worse, I had to pay the service fee for no work, because the technician showed up. Even though this was their mistake, they were unwilling to waive the fee. Finally, cancelling your contract is a nightmare. You have to do it in writing and it would take up to 30 days. It is as if they want to make it the hardest task to do. Good luck talking on the phone with the cancellations department, which does not have a phone number. AVOID this company for your own good. Not worth you time or money. They are not honest!

Eric Lakeside, CA

Total waste of my home-seller's money. I've paid for two service calls, $150 total, for AC service and plumbing service on a manufactured home. First American has no clue there are differences in AC and plumbing systems between manufactured and constructed homes. Both service calls (actually there were two for AC and one plumber) got nothing done due to differences in construction, setup, and design. I will NEVER schedule a service call through them again. I'd rather do my own research and hire a professional that actually understands my problem and is able to help me, even at a higher cost!

ALS Broomall, PA

I called in to have a water leak on our washing machine fixed It was leaking on the left side there was very small amount of water on the floor after each load of wash done. First American sent out a repair tech the determined it was a gasket and a tube which connects to door boot was the problem they had to order the two part. A week they came out to install the two parts. Taking the whole top of the washer apart to install these two parts. After were installed the tech run the washer to see if this indeed fix the leak. No the leak was now coming from the right of the washer 10 times worse then before. No the tech determined the new leak was from the soap dispenser which he had already taken out and reinstalled along with other parts. He took out the soap dispenser and took it all apart and said he will reseal it with some kind of sealer and he will put the soap dispenser back into the washer and not to use it until that evening or next day. We elected to give it a try the next day. The leak now is like 20 times worse ..... we had to use 4 big towels to clean up the water on the floor after one load. We called First American and they called the tech the tech said the soap dispenser will need replaced but First American does cover this part. After going back a forth for weeks now going six weeks without our washer First American they will cover the price of the soap dispenser as they said they would do so to get our fixed. Then all of sudden that is no where in the claims notes and they said the repair tech broke the soap dispenser they would have to pay for it. Now there was never a leak coming from the soap dispenser before the first attempted to determine the leak problem not until the repair took out the soap dispenser and then reinstalled it did it leak. I have to agree with First American but not the repair tech company say the repair tech did not brake the part and they aren't paying for it. We either have to pay soap dispenser or continue to going back and forth on who's paying for this part. Now 6 weeks later we will pay for the part which isn't FAIR or do without a washer. Some FUN isn't ....... I will close our warranty account after this repair is all finished and never deal with First American again or this badly run repair company they use.

R J P Wimberley, TX

I don’t usually write reviews good or bad, but my experience with First American Home Warranty has been one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had. It started on July 29th, 2019, our AC system froze up. Mind you we live in Texas where the average day time high in August is over 100 degrees. I requested service from the warranty company that day, pay my $75-dollar deductible, and was told the first available day they could get someone to my house was August 6th. I call them back and basically beg for something sooner and they found another contractor that showed up on August 2nd. That contractor found that the air handler needed to be replaced. That took a couple days for the warranty company to approve, then the replacement unit was ordered. Install date was scheduled for August 15th. The morning the contractor shows up, they call me, and I must pay $1050 dollars in uncovered expenses for them to install the air handler. I argue, but what’s the use, I need the air and the contractor is knocking on the door. The contractor installed air handler, and, in the process, they leave two water stains on my ceiling about the size of a large laptop (this is an attic installed air handler) and two holes in the ceiling sheet rock. Guess I’ll have to pay another contractor to fix ceiling issues. At the time, I was just happy to have air conditioning in my house and so the contractor leaves without offering any assistance for the water stained and damaged ceiling sheet rock. But wait, an hour after they left, no cold air and it is 105 degrees outside, the AC has stopped working again. I call the warranty company and no one can come check it until August 20th after 1pm. Ok, another weekend of no AC in the house. At 8pm the day before they are scheduled to come fix the unit again, they call me to move the appointment up from 1pm to 9am and I say sure, even better. But on the 20th no one shows up and after lunch they call and say sorry, we’ll be there tomorrow morning. Brings us to today, August 21st, 2019. 22 days without Air in the stifling Texas heat. Contractor shows up, turns system on and of course, the system runs perfectly. Contractor hangs around 10 minutes then leaves, then 1 hour later, no AC. At this point, my wife breaks down in tears, this is just too much to handle. I call to see if contractor could come back but was told the next scheduled visit is days away. I’ve had it. There is Zero sense of urgency in the Warranty company and the contractor is just incompetent. I now have called a local AC company who showed up in less than an hour and they are replacing the defective parts as we speak. So, 22 days of run around trying to use a home warranty. Never again, total scam. As a side note, I’d also like to mention that during this time I had a plumbing issue. I called the warranty company to request service and two days later they call me and tell me they cannot find a plumber to assist. They offered for me to use someone locally and they would approve $125 dollars in repairs, mind you I already paid the $75-dollar deductible. I questioned that and was explained that they would reimburse me up to $50 dollars, that is $125 total in repairs, minus the $75 I already paid, total BS. I took a day off from work and repaired the plumbing issue myself. Lesson learned, next time I will decline the sellers offer to buy a home warranty and take that cash instead at closing. Maybe other home warranty companies are different, but this whole experience tells me to run, run as fast as you can.

Linda Robertson Atwater, CA

I bought the Cadillac policy, discussed with agent when buying that I would get like for like. My Casablanca fan in my bedroom with life ended up dying with the technician working on it! Then the only would offer me a contractors grade white ceiling fan, totally would clash with my decor. On the buyout the gave me only $74.11, then they deducted the$75 service fee that my salesman was going to at least cover because he was miss informed and then miss informed me as well. First class upgrades are really not and option with company, despite the promise. My final check for my ceiling fan was $4.11, for a top of the line Casablanca fan, really.....

Ashlie Pearl, MS

i would not recommend this company on my worst enemy!!! not once but twice first american has left me hanging without a dishwasher for 3 months and now a washer for 2 1/2 months. the contractor that they have sent will not answer the phone nor are able to leave a message.. and first american does not care.... i have spent numerous hours on the phone with them and have gotten no where. one customer service will tell you something then you speak to another and they will tell you something different,, if i could speak to the ceo or a high up person i would tell them how i feel about there company and the way they handle things. i have even spoken to managers that dont care that they get my money each month and when i need service i cant get it, then why am i paying???? go with another home warranty company!!!!!

Jaymz5150 Hutto, TX

I have had FAHW for 2 years and have since cancelled. This company can only be some sort of criminal front. That is the only logical reason I can think of for this company to exist. Rude, dishonest, underhanded, conniving, two-faced rats...that's about the nicest thing I can say about these people. It's over 100 degrees in Texas right now and I have been without an A/C for almost 6 weeks. They subcontract all of the work to "no name" companies with employees that don't seem know what the heck they're doing. They have been to my home no less than 8 times and the outcome is never any different. Twice the HVAC guy showed up with his girlfriend. After they completely ruined my A/C and after the most infuriating of exchanges with FAHW's pathetic customer service, I was told that I could take an absurdly low payoff or I could pay $500 to cover the damages done by the HVAC company and then FAHW would authorize the repair for the rest. You can imagine how angry this made me. Here we are though, still over 100 degrees and no closer to having my A/C repaired. These guys are criminals. If you want to throw your money away, you're better off burning it in the fireplace. It will save you more time and frustration. And you will still be in the exact same place you would be in if you had purchased this scam they call a home warranty. Good luck to you all, I'm sure there are good home warranty companies out there, but this is certainly not one of them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jaymz5150, we are terribly sorry to hear about this and would like to assist you. Can you please provide us with your claim number so that we can look into this? Thank you.

Aug. 20th, 2019

Laura Dankenbrink Pasadena, CA

This company is horrible. They booked an appointment with a AC company that got horrible reviews. I called and emailed to see if I can get a new company. NOPE! bc it is computer generated. Hey First American Home..... you should at least give me a few options. I have gone out to find an AC company myself. Even if this company is under the warranty for First American Home, they will not cover it. The customer service person was just doing their job, however I felt as if they worked in a box. Not able to help, just sorry the computer generated this company for you. Please note.. Any negative comments on this review the company has not responded too. However if i wrote a positive note, they will.

Bill K Roseburg, OR

I would give them a zero, but one star is as low as I can go. We purchased a home and asked the seller to pay for a warranty. The seller said they would pay $350 towards the warranty and we could pay the rest. All agreed and everything okay. Signed papers in escrow and added AC coverage. We (buyers) paid the additional $160 for the coverage of the policy. Moved into the house and after 5 days of running the AC, it quit. Called FAHW and they said not covered because the home doesn't close until August 14th (claim was on the 11th and closing was on the 6th). Real estate agent called the local FAHW agent and was told that closing date would be fixed and we would indeed have coverage, even set up claim with contractor. Now received email from FAHW that said they were returning our money for the AC coverage and that it would not be covered (company had already cashed our check). After 3 calls to FAHW's customer service, I can honestly say that they are "long on promise, short on delivery" with a touch or rudeness in the mix. Bottomline . . . they want your money. Would not recommend to use or purchase their warranties.

Frances E Riffe Oakley, CA

Have been waiting for a responsive from agent ADRIANA A for information about the claim that she supposedly submitted for a plumbing leak. I had an emergency water leak flooding my carport and she could not get any of their contractors to come so she said to call another plumber ands he would reimburse me for the amount that cost was over $600.00. She asked me to e-Mail her the invoice , responded she received it and was going to try to get me as much money she could and since then she does not answer any of my E-Mails or my calls and this is going on for 3-4 weeks. To find out today, after many E-Mails saying to me it takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive my money and their is no such claim on file and no money noted for reimbursement. I am a former Real Estate Agent and this is totally irresponsible not to mentioned crooked, Other complaints on these reviews had the same problem. Next, I am filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. They have been notified that if this issue was not resolved by today and I receive my money like she promised I will do this, but apparently they do not care because they have been getting away with it with so many other customers. We should all take them to Small Claims Court and report them because they do not stand behind their promises or their contract and look for loop holes so they can tell you they won't pay. I don't remember anyone telling me that and my direct contact was Adriana A . Frances Riffe, Real Estate Specialist, Retired

Aug. 17th, 2019

Tedla Sugar Land, TX

My Contract Number is #10485857403. First American Home Warranty is a joke. I have AC unit problem they said they have ordered the part and I waited for more than a month in this Summer weather. When I haven't received anything we tried to contact them and they told me they will cover $265 and I have to pay $1500. Is this how Insurance works. Every time something come up they always give excuses not to pay anything. I decided not to have any insurance than getting disappointed with insurance like this. The person assigned and the customer service people are so unprofessional and undisciplined.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Tedla, Our records indicate you accepted a cash payment in lieu of the replacement to the evaporator coil. Please be advised, the cash payment was mailed out on August 13, 2019 and your claim is considered closed. Thank you.

Aug. 20th, 2019

First American losers Apopka, FL

We had air conditioning issues that were unresolved for over four weeks. They sent out a HVAC company that had a F rating by the Better Business Bureau. The contractor came out and did not even attempt to evaluate the actual issues. He looked at the unit without even hooking up gauges or trying to run the unit, then he listed all these issues that were not covered under their premium package. He then said copper lines needed to be manipulated which was not true, and American home warranty would not cover the but if you lease and of the refrigerant lines inside the condensing unit. It took over four months to try and get these issues resolved, I ended up calling the contractor myself to get someone else out there that knew what they were doing, and he found a whole in the condenser unit coil. That he totally demolished all of the fins on the condenser unit where he had to solder the whole up. Now three months later were having issues again with the same air-conditioner and they have set out another company that says that someone has personally damaged the unit and first American home warranty will not cover any work to the AC unit now that he needs replaced. Why would First American home warranty do business with the contractor that has a F rating by the Better Business Bureau.

Behrouz Jafari Yorba Linda, CA

If I could, I would have given them zero star! This company is one of the worst in the business. They sub-contract to a bunch of shady and incompetent companies and leave us with no choice. I have been with this company for more than 3 years and every single time was a struggle to communicate with each sub-contractor. I recently had an A/C break down and as a result of their sub-contractor's incompetence, had a significant ceiling damge with water leak. They left me without A/C for almost 1.5 month. Finally, their sub-contractor made a wrong diagnosis with a very long delay. I had to call other companies to change my A/C on my own. When I called the First American they did not care at all and did not reimburse for any portion of the replacement. So, I decided to cancel my contract with them. If you can stay away from them, definitely do!

Michael L Payson, UT

FAHW provides poor contractor selection and poor claims service in my experience. I paid an additional premium for HVAC coverage and still more for "First Class Service." The inevitable air conditioning issue arose in the middle of a heat wave and after waiting two days for a callback on my claim, they couldn't schedule an HVAC contractor in less than 10 days, so I insisted on using an independent local contractor who agreed to come out the same day I called. A simple addition of refrigerant and a charge of $119.00 was all that was needed. As instructed, I emailed FAHW the receipt, and first, the claims rep said she couldn't open it and then that she couldn't read it, and finally that maybe she could see it, but it didn't contain information that was clearly there. I included the contact information for the contractor with my email and suggested they call them and explain what it is they found lacking. The rep implied that was somehow dishonest of me. After consulting several "supervisors" they finally agreed to reimburse me $44.00 after subtracting their $75.00 service deductible. They wasted my time and insulted my character over such a minor repair! I won't be wasting any premium money waiting around to see how they treat me when I have a major break down.

No Marysville, WA

I had this warranty through this company for 2 years. The first thing to note is you cannot do ANYTHING without calling these idiots. Not a single thing can be done online. You want to cancel? Good luck with that! They charged me for the same service call 3 times! Not a single human being ever came out to my house! I've requested a refund several times. I've also requested to cancel several times. I explain my issue to a customer service rep that is not listening to what I say. I am placed on indefinite hold then click disconnected! I doubt I will ever get my money back and the only thing I can do is stop payment with the bank to keep them from taking money out of my account. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Julie Callaway Humble, TX

We are completely dissatisfied with First American Home Warranty. They are denying our claim for our pool heater despite having a home inspection that stated our heater was working properly. They maintain that there is a missing part and won’t cover it because of that. They have taken over a month to deny this claim despite opening it back up after I disputed it. They never returned phone calls and the customer service is terrible. I also made a claim for a garbage disposal that they would not service for a week out even though there was standing water in my kitchen sink. They have been worthless. I advise everyone to save your time and money and not to use them. They will not service in a timely manner and find anyway to deny a claim.

Karen Bonnell Tallahassee, FL

My husband and I are completely dissatisfied with First American Home Warranty. They have been completely unresponsive to our emergency with A/C failing in extremely hot weather, unable to find a repair tech. Finally, they emailed me that they were unable to dispatch anyone (48 hours after my initial phone call) and I should find someone myself and they would pay, up to $200. I did so, got the repair accomplished for $200.85 within one day. This is the amount they agreed to pay. But, they have so far denied payment, though on Best Company, they said it was paid and I would receive a check within 7-10 days. That was 19 days ago and no one will return my calls. In short, they lied by publicly writing on this site that they paid the claim while ignoring my calls. I will continue to pursue payment, as they agreed, using all methods available and I will write brutally honest reviews of their lack of integrity, poor customer service and ineffective warranty promises. Needless to say, I won't do business with them again!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Karen, We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim. Please be advised, First American reimbursed you $200.85 for your air conditioning repairs. You will receive your check in seven to ten days. Thank you.

Jul. 18th, 2019

Ram Cary, NC

Have been customer of first american home warranty for a few years now. I had a problem with my Cooktop oven range. and they assigned the case to a provider 75 miles away. That is problem #1. Getting them to schedule and come over for repair itself is a 1 week task as they dont want to drive until they have enough calls. Then it is about fixing the problem. They ordered a part, got it and scheduled an apptmt. And never showed up. No calls nothing. That was 4 week ago. This issue is now two months old and i am still calling first american every few days and nothing gets resolved. Absolutely no progress. Their customer service says the same thing "Let me talk to the contractor" and nothing moves. 2 Months, and a problem is still not fixed. This has destroyed my confidence in warranty companies. Just take care of the repair rather than paying $500-$600 every yea.

RABnTN Franklin, TN

Issue w/ hot water heater pressure valve leaking so I replaced that myself. Still leaked, esp with heavier use of hot water. Filed the FAHW claim and it turns out to be the main line pressure regulator and is covered...until FAHW decides its not. Plumber would have to significantly cut into drywall to get to it but having had a water conditioning system installed, putting a regulator at this point of the main line was a much easier & less costly option. However, FAHW deems this to be a “modification” so sorry, it’s not covered. A much easier job is possible by relocating the regulator to a spot not requiring any damage to house and would save FAHW the additional cost of sending out a drywall repair person....but they can save even more by just denying the entire claim. End result, I’m out $115 to replace the regulator in the better location plus the $75 fee that I (stupidly) prepaid when filing the claim. Lemme be clear here - my gripe is not with the plumber’s company, it’s with FAHW. Regardless of what common sense says, if there is any opening for FAHW to deny the claim, they will. Over the past 20 years at 2 different homes, central AC went out in July & August, respectfully. Both times took over 2 months to finalize the repairs which were finally completed with less expensive, substandard equipment versus what was replaced. I should have known better to re-up, my only excuse is my current home’s seller provided first year coverage and I (stupidly) renewed it. I failed to recall the frustration these folks generate but won’t make this mistake again. After cancelling current coverage, I’ll set aside the money saved & just pay repairs as needed. Even if I’m out additional $$ by not being covered, it’s worth it to avoid the grief these people cause.

Customer Denver, CO

If I could give zero or negative stars I would - this company is terrible! It's worth googling "lawsuits first american home warranty" and looking at their Better Business Bureau profile - 2,961 complaints and counting. FAHW referred me to a plumbing contractor that did a no call, no show followed by a failure to return messages. I asked repeatedly to have a different contractor assigned which FAHW very rudely and dismissively refused. I researched the plumbing contractor and found that: (1) the company registration with the State of Colorado was withdrawn in 2016 which means they are operating illegally and likely don't have insurance, (2) the contractor has an 'F' rating with the Better Business Bureau, (3) the contractor averages 1.5 stars on Yelp. I can see on the online reviews that multiple people with FAHW complained about the contractor, yet FAHW continues to try to send an unregistered F-rated contractor into their customers homes. Disgusting.

Blanca Estela Ruvalcaba San Diego, CA

This company should not be allowed to conduct business. They are liars and can’t provide the service that they are paid for. We had our refrigerator go out unexpectedly and we were told our case would be escalated to emergency and that they would come out the next day. The next day came and went and they claim they could not find anyone in all of San Diego to come and fix it. This is after they supposedly sent someone who would come to fix it- some random rude contractor who said he knew Nothing of our case and yelled at us to call him on Monday to see when he could come in. We called multiple people and each one had a different story and could not tell us when. Someone would come to fix our fridge.run away from these people, they just want to steal your money and hire the crappiest, rude, and incompetent co

Theresa Palmer Hemet, CA

This is the worst experience I ever had been with them for 3 years it took 2 months for them to send a contractor out to look at my pump I had drain my entire pool and buy a temporary pump until they could get a contractor to come out the one they sent lied and said they came out never did they finally did and denied my claim after all that time because of faulty wiring which they said caused my pump to go down. Now had they come when I orginally called it was just the pump the wiring was done prior to me purchasing the home but to my understanding it was all covered.But oh no it's not what part of wear and tear it this not. If you have a pool don't go with company they only have 2 contractors and one is unreliable and the other is for them they deny the claim so you have to pay them to fix your issues. I wish I could give 0 stars cause that's what they deserve. Oh and don't ask for a supervisor or manager they must not exist. 3 yrs I'm done thanks for nothing.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Theresa, Our records indicate you placed a claim for your pool pump not working properly. First American dispatched an independent contractor, Golden West Pool and Spa Repair who reported that the pump drive shorted out due to a power surge which was caused by a bypassed inline fuse that was wrapped in tin foil. Please be advised, First Americans liability is limited to repair or replacement of an item due to normal wear and tear. The consumer may refer to their home warranty contract under Limits of Liability, Number Three. As such, First American considers this claim closed. Thank you.

Aug. 13th, 2019

Hillary Fowler Atlanta, GA

This company has been a nightmare. They send out technicians that are incompetent, and after several times of them NOT fixing the issue, they will STILL send out the same company. I have had a tech come out 4 TIMES to fix my dishwasher. When it seemingly DIED the day after the last tech came out, I got them to send another company, only to have this technician state that it was not due to normal wear-and-tear, and therefore they denied my claim! He claimed it was due to using detergent pods and he found a small piece of glass (I never have broken a glass) and that was IT! I have had technicians order parts for my refrigerator, with no follow-up....only to learn a week later that they ordered the wrong part when I called back. I was told that "noise" is not covered under my contract when I tried to explain the issue with my refrigerator. This company does not try to help its customers.

Aug. 19th, 2019

Phally Chea

My toilet was not flushing. I called first American home warranty. They sent Fit It All Plumbing. According to my tenant, Joan, fix it All Plumbing's technician has never been resourceful. At every visit, he always attempted to avoid doing any fixing work. At the second visit, Joan finally was able to get him to snake the toilet, which temperarily fix the problem. During the snaking process, it left a brown unremovable stain to our toilet bowl. Upon request, Fix it all plumbing had stopped by the third time. Instead of fixing the damage, their technician yelled at my tenant and denied the responsibility. My tenant has gotten very upset at their unprofessional behavior. She requested not to use Fix It All Plumbing again. I then contacted First American to get some remedies. I was asked to email photos proof and I did. But their customer rep keep on "not received anything" from me. That went on for months until my contract expired. So I told their rep, I will not renew my contract unless they can fix my toilet. I guess that is not enough motivation for them. Now that my contract had expired, they said "due to the department of insurance compliance laws the policy has to be active in order for us to take any action just like Car or homeowners insurance." First American, do you know what? I'm a real estate agent. How do I feel comfortable referring your service to my clients if I have a horrible experience myself? I will NEVER EVER again buy First American Home Warranty for my clients. I'm going to make sure my whole brokerage will not use First American. It only costs a few hundred dollars to have that toilet replaced. That tells us how much they value us as a customer....

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Phally, We appreciate your feedback and look forward to being able to address your concerns directly with you. Thank you.

Aug. 9th, 2019

Francis Labarbara Hurricane, WV

If you can do without important stuff in your home for weeks these are the people for you. They hire part time guys that show up at 6 on Friday or 7 on Saturday without calling ahead. What a nightmare. The oven broke 7/12 and I turned it in. They scheduled the tech for 2-5 on Friday 7/19(week 1). No call, he shows at 6. He has to order parts. He calls Saturday 7/27 at 7pm (week 2). We are out. He leaves a message that he has the parts and wants to come over. I have called him several times without reply since then. He hasn't called again It is 8/1 (week 3 tomorrow) and these people are replying to me on here instead of calling him to come fix the oven. This is some extremely unprofessional behavior. I can live without the oven. What if it was something important?

JoAnn Hampton, VA

If you like getting sub par contractors assigned to do your repair work, then 1st American is for you. I think they look for the cheapest and not the best, and they are usually companies you have never heard of. If you like a painful experience of getting approval for the repairs and parts, then 1st American is for you. (All while your service fee goes up each year) If you like being shuffled from department to department when trying to resolve a claim, then 1st American is for you. If you like having to jump though hoops to extract yourself from a contract that was renewed despite your indicating you did not wish to (because of the worst customer experience of your life) then 1st American is for you. Just make sure you are cool with waiting 30 days to end the contract, while they continue to take your monthly payment! If you are thinking of signing up with 1st American....think again. And for those who may think this is one disgruntled customer...as I shared my frustration with my co workers, the common response was "Oh my gosh, we dropped them as soon as we could."

Theb Porterville, CA

This company really does not care about the customer. We filed a claim for a non-working pool pump over a week ago and the contractor never contacts us. We have called FAHW several times over the pass week and we keep getting the run-around. Every representative we talk to always tells us that if the contractor does not call us by the end of the day they would escalate our claim and get us another contractor. That has never happened. FAHW never calls us back, we are always calling them back, in which they always tell us the same thing. FAHW scheduled an appt for us without confirming with us whether we would be available, which we were not as we were out of town. We ask to talk to a supervisor but they are never available. The temperature is in the 100s in our area and the water has been sitting stagnant way too long already. I regret renewing this warranty and will not be renewing in the future.

Courtney Williamstown, NJ

These people are terrible ! I have had someone out 3 different times to fix my AC it is 90 degrees in my house I am pregnant and have asthma and have been without air almost all summer ! Every person you talk to tells you something else ! They then said I could use an outside company because their company still hasn’t contacted us to set up an appointment and when the guy came out and said we need a whole new unit they are making it impossible to get it replaced saying we didn’t get the right information from the technician...we are out about $700 dollars already dealing with the same issue ! I would never recommend them.

Karen E Neal Overland Park, KS

I honestly think this company is almost a scam. I bought my home in December of 2014 and have faithfully paid into my plan monthly since then, about $54 a month for 55 months. That's approximately $2,970 I've paid. The first time I used the insurance was for my dishwasher, which is so old the top rack is broken off and the baskets are rusted out. I was honest with the First American representative when I called about the issues and they sent a repair person out to take a look. I paid the repair person the $65 (at that time in 2015) service fee. He said he would order new baskets and the parts to fix the top wrack. I never heard back from him and never received a response from First American. No repair was completed--they just got my $65 for nothing. Then I got busy with life as a single mom working full time and attending college. Fast forward to 2019, my dishwasher is still running (no thanks to First American) with rusted out baskets and a top rack that is hanging off on one side. Now I have a new issue. My oven stopped working the second week or so of June. I called First American. It took their service provider over a week to get out to my home. The repair person who came said it was an easy fix and could be taken care of quickly but they had to order a part through First American. First American has a control problem--major micromanagement issues. Unfortunately, it took First American over a month to deliver the part to the service company. Finally, six weeks after I filed the claim, the repair was made but while the technician was installing the new circuit board, he broke off a few pieces on my oven, twisted the drawer face of the bottom pull out storage shelf and stripped the paint off the control panel face on the front of the stove. I'm not waiting on the replacement for that. Then, the main reason I've been paying for this insurance happened. My heating and cooling system went caput. I called First American thinking, well, let's see if they can get it right this time. Thank God I have insurance! Nope. They assigned me to a heating and cooling repair company that literally gets one star, but the truth of that is the reason for the one star is primarily because of the time it takes the insurance company to respond. It should not take 5 to 8 weeks to get an air conditioning unit or system back up and running. There is no way I am going to make my family wait that long for air conditioning in the heat of the midwest summer. We went with Bob Hamilton instead and paid the price and I don't regret it for a moment. I'm done with First American Home Warranty. There is no way they are getting any more of my hard earned dollars. I HIGHLY recommend you do not go with them!! I promise you will not be satisfied and they will not take care of you. I don't know who said they are number one but it's not true. I have heard countless praises for other companies that replace obviously old ovens and dishwashers for new home buyers, no questions asked. Leaving families to sweat it out or freeze while you order parts shipped on slow boats from other countries is unacceptable and no way to treat loyal customers. Their telephone representatives are very nice but it doesn't translate to quality service. Very poor.

Dwayne W

Poor customer service and no choice on who does the repairs. About 6 months ago, we had an issue with our ice maker. They sent out a 2 star repair company. The guy they sent must have been his first day. He was constantly texting and sending pictures to someone who was helping him. Three calls and three weeks later, we FINALLY had ice (after insisting on another repair tech). Now here we are again. Ice maker not making ice again. I call and they dispatch the SAME company. I told them I wanted someone else, but they say they can't find a complaint about this repair company, even though I assured them I did. First American hires sub par contractors and does not care about customers or their satisfaction.

Melanie Apex, NC

Very, Very, Very frustrated with First American Home Buyer's Insurance Company. 1) Website is horrible! HOME OWNER CENTER is NOT user friendly. When I call customer service it asks to provide the 9 digit work order number that is NOT on my website when I log in. It just provides the SERVCE Order number. What gives?? Website - Does not give #, does not show details about WHEN..date/time contractor came out..how it was diagnosed. Instead it just shows date ticket was opened, contractor info. Website doesn't give person's extension # working on the service contract so when I call in..it asks for that info that IS NOT ON MOST service requests. 2) Called in multiple times to find out the cash out value for a microwave that a contractor could not fix. Everytime I called at least 4 times, I was told I'll get a call back in 24hrs and never did. I finally got one 1.5 months later since the contractor came out. 3) It says we can manage our claims online. I messaged service twice on service request and they ONLY wrote me back AFTER I had to call in. 4) Horrible, horrible experience. Going to look elsewhere for a home warranty.

Mark Cumming, GA

Two weeks ago our air conditioning broke. We called First American and they gave us a vendor that would come in 4 days. The vendor cancelled our appointment and we could not get another one until the next week. Once the vendor finally did show they gave us the information that we needed a coil. The warranty company said it was not covered we sent a copy of the contract. They agreed it was covered and said they would order the part. After another weekend we called to ask what the status was.... they had forgotten to order the part...now it will be another week .....terrible company do not use them

Brandon Nerkowski Las Vegas, NV

I have leak in my house. I called and made a claim. The sent a leak detection company to my house Very Professional. Then the adjusters came very unprofessional. The leak company backed up the damage of my floor sink and dishwater was damaged from the leak. The claim adjusters first comment was to insult my handicap mother. She uses a brace to walk and it takes her long time to go down stairs. When she opened the doors she apologized for the wait. While they were in my home the other adjuster stated "she is faking it". First of all she is an old woman with health issues we don't need your commentary attacking her character, we need the leak fixed and repairs done. Secondly the adjuster states the where the floor was raised wasn't caused by the leak. Exactly the opposite of what the leak detection company they sent out told us. There is clearly over 1000 dollars of damage , but the adjuster was saying I need to fix the leak. They just fix the damage and it isn't even enough to surpass the deductible. because they only want to fix the side directly attached to the dishwasher. Now i have been waiting for a response from the person handling my claim. I have made numerous attempts to call with no avail being sent voicemail and no responses. I need to fix this issue before more damages occur. Still no response. I may have to talk to lender and just pay more for State farm or Progressive insurance. I am used to insurance agent being prompt and answering their calls this is peculiar. It really does seem very shady and not transparent. Please somebody help my policy is up for renewal in October. I really don't want to have to change but if this isn't fixed by then and i end paying more that will be my final solution.

Amy Woodland, CA

Terrible customer service. The lady on the phone was so rude to me and insisted that my broken water heater would not be covered. After several calls back they finally sent someone out to my home. The company they sent came four times over the course of two weeks and the issue was never resolved. Let me repeat that: cold water for two whole weeks. I had read somewhere online that home warranties have to resolve cold water in less than 14 days because it’s technically a sanitary issue and when I reminded my representative of this she proceeded to tell me that it’s fourteen days to replace the water heater from when they decide it needs to be replaced no matter when I called them. Um, what? That makes no sense. Once I finally decided I was done with this company and opted to just call myself a plumber I was advised my by realtor to see if they would offer money to have the problem fixed elsewhere. Good news: they did. Bad news: I was literally on hold for 47 minutes while they figured it out. I honestly think someone went to lunch and forgot about me. Long story short, save yourself the trouble. I called another plumber after dealing with the warranty company for two weeks and they came within two hours and replaced my water heater without any issue. This company has terrible customer service and will do whatever it takes to avoid having to pay for the fix. They truly do not have the customer in mind.

Nik Lake Forest, CA

They are consistently the worst customer service I have ever had on any home warranty. I have had two issues in a row in the last month and they have a been horrific experiences and have cost me way too much stress. I also have a lot of hidden fees for things you have to pay for when just getting an appliance facts which I am now switching the plan because I cannot take this anymore. They do not respond to service request put in online right away you have to call them and follow up to get anything done and half the time that doesn’t even have an even an emergency situation. Was extremely unhappy with how they did not follow up with me at all or Assign the service to anyone Until I called on both instances. The second time that’s happened to the claim had to be reassigned because it went to a contractor that was no longer servicing in the area and this was a huge waste of time and me calling him to follow up to get the job done. The next day I asked to speak with the manager about it and how unhappy I was with the service and the manager was very This respectful towards me and said he needed to talk first and I finally hung up on him. Do not need to be treated this way for my so-called manager once I am already super upset. Needless to say I am no longer using First American home warranty. So I am still waiting a week later for the contractor to show up.

Keith Reynoldsburg, OH

Run don't waste your time. Submitted a claim to fix my AC a week ago. No resolution. I'm pretty sure this is a scam.i feel my $500 went to pay for a call center in India to give me excuses every day how co tractors are not available. Then they proceed to tell me to back every 4 to 8 hours they will have a resolution. I couldn't make this stuff up. Spend hours of my personal time trying to get a so called company to hold up there end of the commitment. Here is what you get with your new home warranty. 1. You pay $400 to $600 for a peice of mind and fancy pamphlets. 2. You can submit a very easy online claim. 3. A local hack job is sent a request to repair your issue not a credible company. 4. That hack job doesn't respond to your claim, calls or emails. 5. You get to jump thru the 300 hoops First American throw at you. 6 you get to call back and wait 1 hour every 4 to 8 hours to be told nothing but to call back. 7. You now have waisted $500 lots of valuable time and still have a house thats 100 degrees with 3 kids a upset wife and over heated bulldog. 8. Thanks First American for your unbelievable abiltly to run a legit legal scam

James Thomas Virginia Beach, VA

Dealing with First American Home Warranty to get our AC repaired was one of the worst experiences that I have ever encountered dealing with customer service. The ineptitude of this company from the case workers to management is beyond belief. We filed a claim on 5/22/19 because our AC went out and we needed it repaired. It took two weeks before their one star vendor was able to come out and take a look. It was determined then that the evaporation coil and refrigerant needed to be replaced. The part was under warranty so First American did not need to cover the price of the part. They told me it would take between 7-10 business days to get the part. Two weeks later they called me to tell me that the wrong part was ordered and that it would take another 7-10 business days to get the right part. After talking to a claims specialist and a manager, I was told that they would try to get the part expedited because it was their fault for ordering the wrong part. A few days later I called to get a status and was told that they were waiting for a refurbished part to become available from their preferred vendor and that it could take a few more weeks. I decided to take matters into my own hands and called the company (Goodman) that the original part was warrantied under and they informed that the part was on the shelf and could be in my area within five days. I also found a four star vendor to perform the installation. I accomplished more in 30 minutes than they had accomplished in six weeks. First American issued a check for the part installation but refused to pay for the refrigerant. So basically they were going to leave me without a functioning AC unit. My family suffered at the hands of this company from May 22nd to July 10th during some of the very hottest weeks of summer. We also had to take time off from work on four separate occasions just to get a dripping shower faucet fixed on a different claim! Most of us purchase a home warranty to be protected from the unexpected and to know that someone is looking out for us in case something critical breaks down. This company is only worried about their profit margin and not their customers. In fact, there is even a “I hate First American Home Warranty Facebook Page” filled with stories just like mine. I will definitely not be renewing my subscription with them next month. If you would not hire a one star vendor to work on your home, then why would you pay a big company money to send out a one star subcontractor? Buyer Beware!

Nicole Cici Olive Branch, MS

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I've had this company for over 7 years and each and every time I make a claim, there are so many problems. I found out from one of the contractors that FAHW tells the contractors to make minimal repairs. In other words, just put a bandaid on the problem and they'll call again. I've been without a refrigerator for a month. They offered to reimburse me $70 if I bought one. You can't even buy a mini fridge for that money. The temps are in the 3 digits here. I have nowhere to put milk, eggs, juice or anything else for my children. When I told the Customer Service Rep that this in unacceptable and I was going to cancel my contract, his response was "ok" as in, "ok, great, can't wait." I never received a call back that I requested from a supervisor. How can they call themselves a warranty company and let their customers go without the necessity of a refrigerator for a month? I'm cancelling and if I would have read the reviews when I bought my home over 7 years ago, I wouldn't have went with this company. Horrible service, worse customer service, not worth your money...let me add that the rate goes up every year and the service fee for service that gets worse.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Nicole, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim. Our records indicate your kitchen refrigerator was repaired on July 18, 2019. In addition, we waived your $75.00 service call fee in the interest of customer service. At this time, your claim is considered closed. Thank you.

Jul. 24th, 2019

Kristina S Mission Viejo, CA

Do yourself a favor and stay away from First American Home Warranty! As a first time home buyer I'm incredibly disappointed with the services from this company. We called them to fix a leak in the bathroom. First they canceled the original appointment because they claimed that they had the wrong address. The appointment was reschedule to a few days later. When the day came, they called a few hours before schedule and tried to cancel it again saying that they were running behind. I mentioned that I had left work to open the house for their visit, and that I'd want them to come. Long story short, an "employee" named GERA showed up 3 hours later, he did not come in a work related vehicle and did not bring any tools with him. I met him outside the house and walked him inside to where the issue was (a continuous leak in our shower). Gera took a few photos (on his cell phone)of the shower and handed me a receipt stating that I owe $75.00 (cash only). I kindly told him that I do not mind paying but he did not service anything and that I wanted a work order made or service done before I pay. Gera did not state anything about what he or the company will do or let me know of any service that would be needed. He simply said that was okay and walked out of the house. I did not hear back from the company again. I, as a woman, thought that this was the most unusual service situation and was completely uncomfortable with his late hour, not work related car, no tools, and him asking for cash. I had to go outside the company and get the leak fixed by another outside company and paid my own money. Later I received a call from First American stating that I had an outstanding balance for work the bathroom work that they claimed to have done themselves. After explaining the situation they demanded proof that I had gotten the service done by another company. After providing them with the information they requested, I was surprised to receive a letter from a collections agency requesting the payment. I also noticed that my case has moved from closed to re-opened without my knowledge. This situation is ridiculous, I had to spend more money to get the bathroom serviced, and also my personal time on phone calls and sending emails to this company and they are still trying to charge me like they completed work at my house. I would NEVER recommend this company to any friends/relatives, and it has dramatically shaken my belief in the "home insurance" market. One star is more than they deserve. Get it together First American!!!

Ken San Bernardino, CA

I have had this warranty for two years now and this company has not done one positive thing. Or maybe their vendors that are sent out are poorly chosen. Each time something is wrong, a second opinion has to be sent for the issue or something isn't covered when it shows it is covered on the policy. Their customer service reps give different information depending on who you talk to and give horrible information. When you ask to have things noted on the account, it never is done correct or critical information is left off. I advise avoiding this company. What is the point of a warranty if nothing is covered or ever fixed, right?

Shanon Redondo Beach, CA

Terrible experience and customer service! Any other home warranty insurance has to be better. They will do everything in their power to not help you and to save a few bucks. We needed our range hood replaced as it was not functioning. The original contractor they sent could not locate the missing part and notified First American. First American then did nothing for the next month until we called to follow up. They then realized their error and asked us for the model number, which we provided along with photos and measurements. They spent several more weeks trying to locate the part without success, so finally agreed to provide us with a replacement. Once the replacement was delivered, they placed the responsibility on us to find a contractor to install it. However, they provided us with a budget that was less than half of all the quotes we were getting. After several more weeks arguing this point, they reluctantly agreed to cover the quote provided by the contractor. Once the contractor arrived, the installation required a few unexpected extra steps, so they were charging more. We called the insurance company, but they denied the extra charges! The problem is, without it, we can’t do the installation at all! So now, we have a brand new range hood uselessly sitting in its box in our hallway, since First American refuses to provide adequate funds to install it. Thus far, more than three months later, they have provided a completely useless service as our appliance is still broken. I would encourage all homeowners and real estate agents to purchase their home warranty through any other company, as this entire process has truly been a headache and a nightmare.

Tanya Roanoke, VA

Been a customer for over 13 years. Wouldn’t give 1 star if I didn’t have to. Scheduled an appointment to have my stove repaired. I was sent a work order saying that Sears would be repairing my stove on 7/12 between the hours of 8 and 5. Around 2:45 I hadn’t heard anything so I called to ask what time they would be here. I was told the appointment was for the 19th not the 12th as my work order plainly stated. I was YELLED at by two Sears employees when I insisted the appointment was in the 12th, and when I asked to speak to their supervisor....they hung up on me. I called back and asked the employee that answered to transfer me to a supervisor...which after 5 minutes of explaining to her all I wanted was a supervisor she finally transferred me. The only thing the supervisor did was make excuses for the two employees that were rude to me and refused to transfer me to her. Said that their technician would be out on the 19th. After explaining to her that I couldn’t afford to take yet another day off from work she said she didn’t know what to tell me. I asked for her email so I could send her a copy of the work order that I had plainly showing the date as the 12th. She told me she couldn’t give me her email. I called First American....They called Sears....Issue still not resolved. Offered to reschedule appointment through Sears....After the way that I was treated Sears will never get any more of my business. I paid my monthly payment for insurance and I have never been late. When I told First American that I was canceling my policy because I refused to be treated that way by their contractor, they didn’t seem to care. I should be reimbursed for this months payment because my stove still isn’t fixed! Don’t waste your money! If you notice they only respond to the good reviews.....I will make sure to let every outlet of social media know just how they do business! Very dissatisfied customer!

Mark Ripon, CA

First and last claim with First American. Warranty came with house I purchased. Will not be renewing. Customer service is horrible. Technician dispatched to my home to fix a leaky bathtub faucet. Technician an hour late and reeked of smoke. When I called sub-contractor to ask why technician was late I was told that estimated time of arrival given is not accurate due to "our thing is broken. Technician did not even trouble shoot problem of leak, just told me we don't stock Kohler stuff we will need to order it. Order what? They never determined source of leak. Alerted Firs American of issue and they did nothing to resolve. In fact defended actions of their sub-contractor. Fixed myself for $25.00 less than First American service fee

Holly Greer, SC

If I could leave 0 stars, I would. My household has been without AC for 56 DAYS!!! And it's July, the HOTTEST days in South Carolina. We have been with First American for over 6 years and they have in no way been willing to help us or push along the contracting company to fix our AC. We have been on the phone trying to get help, with only them saying there isn't anything they can do, that WE have to contact the contracting company. Then when we do they're telling us that we have to contact home warranty.... HUGE communication problems!! We are fed up and once this AC is fixed, we are dropping them. Save your money and go somewhere else!!!

Michelle Pelzer, SC

Worst experience ever. Had the warranty with zero claims for 6 years. Filed one claim for a leaking coil in my air handler. Took over 3 months to have new air handler installed, but the company they sent to install the air handler unhooked the old one before realizing they had ordered the wrong sized unit. Then, turns out the new unit they ended up installing was incompatible with my compressor unit, causing the wiring to need to be rigged to have the thermostat hooked straight to the compressor for it to work. We went without AC in the middle of the summer for 2.5 weeks during all of this. New air handler also caused system to constantly hunt and starve the compressor unit for oil to where it started to run very loudly and caused my monthly power bill to increase by $40, on top of the $590 I had to pay to this first company to essentially break my AC. I told First American and they sent another company as a second opinion about the outdoor unit. The guy from that company only visibly looked at the unit and did not look at any wiring or line pressures or anything productive and only reported back “no mechanical problems” despite the fact that the system was rigged in a way that the heat wouldn’t work come winter. I contracted a third company on my own who wrote up a detailed explanation of the issue and sent it to First American, who then replied that since their pathetic second opinion said there was no mechanical problem, there was nothing they could do. So I now have had to spend over $3000 to fix the problem that their contractors created. Oh, but they did refund my $75 service fee for the headache.... needless to say, I no longer have First American. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

C Jones Sorrento, FL

I submitted a claim to First American Home Warranty for my A/C unit that was leaking inside my home . The service request was referred to a contractor, Total Air Services. They sent a technician to my home on 6/13/19. He inspected my A/C unit, and then charged my system, flushed and cleaned the lines for drainage, and cycled the system. He said that the problem was resolved. The issue returned on 6/30/19 when the leaking began again. I reopened the claim with First American as unresolved, and they sent Total Air Care Services back to my home again to address the issue. On 7/7/19, another technician came to my home. This technician arrived at my home without a uniform, no identification to prove he worked for Total Air Care, his body odor was so strong and offensive that the stench lingered in my home after he left. This technician stated that the issue was my Evaporation Coil, which would need to be removed-cleaned and inspected for leaks. He then said that it was not covered. I pulled out my First American policy that stated that the Evaporation Coil was covered. I declined moving forward with any work on the unit until I had the opportunity to speak with First American for clarification. I spoke with Maria from First American on 7/8/19, who stated that it would not be covered. She said that the policy does not cover routine maintenance. I told her that I did not submit a claim for routine maintenance, the coil was causing a leak and that since the coil is covered in the policy then the cost should be covered under my warranty. She said the contractor said it was routine maintenance and that there wasn't a leak. I told her that I had pictures of the leak that I showed to both technicians and the first technician took his own pictures of the leak as well. She kept stating that it was considered routine maintenance and not covered. I would have to pay for the maintenance of the coil. At no point, did Maria attempt to explain what exactly the evaporation coil is covered for under the policy, all she repeated was that it was considered maintenance and not covered. I pointed out to her that the first technician who came out did in fact perform maintenance on my unit when he came out to fix the leak- he inspected the unit, flushed the lines for drainage, vacuumed them out, cycled the system, added freon. Those are the same things that are done to my AC unit when I have regular maintenance done. Now that the part that is identified costs more money, they are now going to claim maintenance is not covered. I asked Maria to escalate my call to a supervisor, she transferred me, and I got the voicemail of the supervisor. I left a message, still no return call. I have also been assigned some type of claims rep, I am sure they will not call either. I have entered a complaint with the BBB, I encourage you all to do the same. If no resolution, I will be escalating further and exploring legal options. It appears from reading the complaints that this company and its substandard contractors spend the majority of their time looking for ways NOT to cover items, all while taking our premiums and service call fees.