First American Home Warranty has been an industry leader for over 35 years and has a reputation of providing quality home warranty plans with extensive coverage for homeowners across the nation. The home warranty provider has serviced millions of claims, saving homeowners more than $180 million in covered repairs and replacements.

The company has a large network of prescreened technicians so you don't have to worry about doing your own research and independently finding your own technician. Warranty coverage lasts for one year and monthly payment options are available as well. First American Home Warranty ranked in our list of Top 10 Best Home Warranty Companies of 2019.

The Good

• Decades of Experience and Company Stability
  • Comprehensive Plans
  • Coverage Limits
  • 24/7 Claims Service
  • Online Homeowner Center

Decades of Experience and Company Stability

First American has been providing home warranties since 1984. The home warranty service provider provides coverage to 38 states plus the District of Columbia. 35+ years of home warranty experience is a good indication of the company’s stability and willingness to provide quality service. Choosing a home warranty company with so much experience could be an additional peace of mind for homeowners.

Comprehensive Plans

First American Home Warranty currently offers two coverage plans and a variety of additional options for warranty coverage. The monthly cost for a First American Home Warranty plan starts at $28 per month and lasts for one year. The service fee varies by location, but you will typically pay $75 whenever you schedule a repair or replacement with a First American Home Warranty technician. Warranty plan holders can upgrade or expand their warranty plan within the first 30 days of coverage to add on additional systems or appliances.

First American also offers a 30-day review period for new warranty contract holders. Customizable plans are made for homeowners, real estate professionals, as well as network service providers. First American Home Warranty's website allows anyone to receive a sample contract and specific residential warranty pricing within minutes.

First American Home Warranty does not have an age limit on systems and appliances, so you don't have to worry about the company refusing coverage based on this. Warranty coverage for major appliances and systems is as follows (pricing and coverage for protection plans may vary by location):

The Basic Plan: $28 per Month or $336 per Year

• Garage door opener
  • Ductwork
  • Central vacuum system

Optional Coverage

For a fee, you can add additional coverage items to your service contract:

• Central air conditioning (electric) — $9 per month
  • Additional refrigeration — $4 per month
  • Pool/spa equipment — $15 per month
  • Well pump — $7 per month
  • First class upgrade — $9 per month

Coverage Limits

Unlike some home warranty providers, most of First American’s covered items do not carry a specific dollar limit. First American plans do not require a home inspection to be done by a contractor or maintenance records to be retrieved from a repair person for coverage. The service provider also offers extra protection for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, regular wear and tear, rust, corrosion, and sedimentary build-up. There are no age limits on covered items, and no limit to the number of claims a customer can file.

24/7 Claims Service

No matter the time of day, customers can open a claim. First American offers a 24/7 service request hotline where you can make service calls at any time as well as a user-friendly online customer portal. First American has a nationwide network of workers and prescreens every service contractor and requires them to complete a probationary period to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met through customer survey results.

Online Homeowner Center

First American offers an easy-to-use online homeowner center for all of its customers. From this portal, a customer can open and track their claims, view their contract details, renew their home warranty, and manage communication preferences.

The Bad

• Nationwide Service Unavailable
  • First American Home Warranty Reviews
  • Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Nationwide Service Unavailable

First American provides coverage in 38 states and the District of Columbia. There is a tool on its website that allows for a zip code lookup to determine if First American provides coverage for customers in a particular state. Unfortunately, if you are out of First American’s coverage area, you are unable to receive its services.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

First American Home Warranty has some negative reviews highlighting bad customer service, delayed and lengthy response and service time, and hidden fees on appliances. We suggest reading through First American Home Warranty reviews before making a final purchasing decision.

Extra Cost for Air Conditioning Coverage

Many home warranty providers offer air conditioning as part of their premier plan or combo plan, but First American Home Warranty only offers an AC unit as additional coverage with an extra fee you add to your chosen plan. This may be a problem for customers looking to have air conditioning as part of their prearranged plan. However, because the AC unit isn't covered in First American Home Warranty's two main plans, this is what makes the company's warranty cost cheaper than most.

The Bottom Line

With 35+ years of experience and a large network of service providers (each contractor is reviewed and put through a probation period to ensure customer satisfaction), First American Home Warranty has comprehensive protection with high coverage limits for major appliances and systems. With a competitive cost and service call fee and multiple plan options, First American Home Warranty gives you more value for your money and covers customers with flexible payment options for various budgets.

The company offers a basic plan for customers that are looking for more standard coverage, as well as a premier plan for homeowners wanting more robust coverage. Additional add-on items are also available for coverage so consumers can pick and choose other major systems and appliances they want covered. Note that First American Home Warranty only covers the wear and tear of major appliances and systems. Like most home warranty companies, First American does not cover pre-existing conditions.

When compared to other home warranty companies, First American Home Warranty has a competitive monthly cost and service fee. Some warranty providers charge upwards of $600 per year with a $100 service fee.

First American Home Warranty created its home warranty programs with not just homeowners in mind but network service providers and real estate professionals as well. Typically, for whichever home warranty plan you select, the service contract will last for one year.

If you want to learn about what customers think of the company, such as response time, customer service, and quality of repair, check out First American Home Warranty reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at First American Home Warranty below.

3.4

Sharon
September 13th, 2019 Vista, CA DETAILS

If I could give no stars I would. I only used the policy once and I paid $75 for nothing. The plumber came out and said he would not fix anything and made some excuse. I paid for this policy$498 in full. I then sold home and was to get prorated refund for 5 months unused service($250). I got$77! When I called asking why, they said you have to pay a $50 cancellation fee and the $75 to plumber for claim ((which I did pay even though he did nothing!) And on top of this a $100 fee because company payed plumber. What?! What was my $75 for? I asked her and she could not answer. I asked for a supervisor and they never called me back. Please don’t buy this. Walk away! I got taken.

Mike
September 10th, 2019 Laguna Niguel, CA DETAILS

This is an update on my previous review. I really wish I could give a negative rating. So first American Home Warranty denied a legitimate claim. And now I get a bill for $75 related to the claim they denied. I called to ask about it and Julio informed me it costs me $75 to file a claim whether they do anything with it or not. So basically I shoot the dice every time I make a claim. Since they seem to be in the business of denying legitimate claims, why would I want to file another claim that costs me $75 and get nothing but frustration in return. And Julio made it VERY clear that if I don’t pay their extortion fee the will sick a collection agency on me. What a scam!!!! How is this even legal? They have done their job. They have collected the price for the useless home warranty from the seller, they are collecting another $75 from me for doing nothing, and they have successfully dissuaded me from ever filling another claim. I don’t know if this is typical in the home warranty industry, but in my opinion first American Home Warranty are nothing but crooks. I will have no contact with them what so ever after I send in my $75 claim disuation fee.

Laura
September 9th, 2019 Olive Branch, MS DETAILS

TERRIBLE customer service. No return calls. We have been a customer for 10 years. NEVER had we had issues like we have encountered this month. We have been trying to have a dishwasher repaired for one full month. We have had 4 service calls, the pump replaced twice, and are now waiting for a timer replacement. The contracted company is unable to repair the problem, but are willing to replace every possible part before deeming it needing to be replaced. One customer service agent agreed that the cost ratio of the repairs was exceeding the cost of replacement. However, leadership did not agree. We were told to expect a phone call from a manager within 24 hours to discuss it, but never received a call. When filing and following up on a claim, there is no direct contact provided. Instead, you deal with different customer service agents each time. Each of them have different opinions on how to proceed with problems with service. There is absolutely to continuity of service. We have canceled our service. It will be less expensive and much less trouble to save the money that we spend on an annual contract toward unexpected home repairs .

Dora Hernandez
September 6th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I've always raved about how much i love this company and my son in law just switched to FAHW also. I like that they get a tech out to my home quickly, and placing a claim is easy. I did, however, call them today and ask then for a copy of all the claims I've placed and they said they couldn't help me with that because they don't save previous year claims. I still thought that was odd. I pay this company $75 a month to provide me with a service. I have a policy with them. You would think that something so simple can be obtained for your own records? Also, i didn't like that i was transferred numerous times before I got to speak to the right department. I've never bothered to read the reviews, but wow! I displeases me to see how many there are. I'm not sure if I'll be renewing my contract with them in October when I move to my new home...?

mona mansour
September 6th, 2019 Riverside, CA DETAILS

I had bad experience with First American Home warranty,they didn't report what should be done for repair and ignored the technician report to avoid repair and didn't comply with coverage as advertised , poor communication, waste money and time, claim open forever for no reason.

KLW
September 6th, 2019 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS

I bought a home warranty in Oct 2018. They quoted me the full years premium which I paid up front. I submitted a claim after the 2018 Thanksgiving holiday. I sold the property in April 2019. Requested the cancellation 2 times, after property sold. It is now 9/5/19, and they will NOT refund the premiums for the period of time that they did not insure the property bcuz the claim I filed exceeded the premium. As far as I’m concerned, that’s what insurance is for! Them not refunding the premium for the period they aren’t covering the propert is fraud! I paid the annual premium in advance, in good faith, but their ‘good faith’ is not the same as those they take their money from. So, be warned, if your claim exceeds your premium and you cancel in advance of contract expiration for which you’ve fully paid they will likely deny any refund is due!

Amber Jones
September 6th, 2019 Liberty, SC DETAILS

This company is a freaking joke!!! 2 months my air has been broken and all I get is a run around!!! Yes they did reimburse me for ONE window ac unit for my whole house in 90 something degree weather!!! The company fixing my unit Has my part needed and still a run around!!! Back yard one star company and I see why!! Not to mention they were out three months ago to fix my ac unit and didn’t realize it was leaking in a coil so a month later it was ‘still’ broken bc it was never fixed right in the first place!! Best believe once my air is fixed i will be switching to a different company!!!

Chris
September 6th, 2019 North Richland Hills, TX DETAILS

Not sure why I’m giving them 2 instead of 1 but their phone system is horrible. Every time I have a question I get put on hold for an hour and then get transferred to four different people before hanging up the phone in frustration. Current home I just purchased has a keypad lock on it that is old and doesn’t work. Called to get it changed into an actual key door lock which I wouldn’t think would be such a big problem but they refuse to change the lock only fix the crappy one that’s on it. They literally haven’t helped me in any instance I’ve ever had. Oh and for being AMERICAN home warranty nobody there can speak fluid English and there’s always a language barrier.

Jeremiah
September 6th, 2019 Petal, MS DETAILS

I had a warranty through First American since 2014, used it once in June 2019 and had such terrible experience I canceled my service. The main issues I experienced were: 1. Terrible communication and delayed communication My AC unit compressor failed the second week of June 2019. A week later the 1st contractor installed a replacement compressor. On July 4, 2019 the compressor failed again. I called First American to let them know and they weren’t even aware that the repair had been made in the first place. I explained the repair had already been made and that it had gone back out - they said that’s not a problem and that they would get back with the contractor and have them come back out. Three says later I call the contractor to see when they plan to come back out and - they had not gotten anything from from First American about a return visit. When the contractor did come back out - they informed First American of assessed issue and determined no fault of theirs - that a power surge killed the compressor and that it will not be covered. It wasn’t until I called two days after the visit to get a status that they informed me - and that I could dispute the decision - by this time the air had been out a week. They opted to send a second contractor - contractor #2 recognized faulty work of contractor #1 and put in to replace the outside condenser. First American never once called to schedule an installation time - or if the work was even approved. 2. They knowingly send shady contractors As I mentioned above - I had eventually had to have a second contractor due to me disputing the decision from the first contractor. Contractor #1 opted to replace the compressor in my original unit . According to Fist American they only use brand new parts - well contractor #1 didn’t use the equipment that was ordered from First American for my repair, but rather a used one from another unit (I’ll talk about this later). First American also allowed contractor #1 to charge me $900 uncovered cost to replace the compressor - a used compressor at that - that didn’t last two weeks. 3. They are totally fine with you getting screwed over and fraudulent activity from the contractor Like I mentioned earlier I got ripped off from contractor #1. They did not use the part ordered for my unit, originally - but rather a used one - and I know this because I took a picture of what they installed and compared it to what First American said they ordered (they post brand and model number) and they didn’t not match. I notified First American of this and asked for help in getting this resolved - still got told it was not fault of contractor and had to go through the dispute process - and got no where. They would not offer help in getting any reimbursement - said it was out of their hands and they were not responsible for it - even though the contractors technically are hired by First American for warranty work! Yes my AC finally got fixed - correctly by contractor #2, who knew of contractor #1 and has had to go behind them on many warranty claims through First American. Get this - out of pocket cost to replace the entire out side condenser - $175. As compared to $900 to replace just the compressor!! When First American finally called to offer a resolution - not a reimbursement - they offered that if could find the part cheaper they would cover all labor. This came AFTER contractor #2 had already completed the job and after I called and personally let First American know the new AC unit was installed. Funny thing is - they were talking about the failed compressor from the original ticket - they were 4 weeks behind - absolutely unreal!!

Heorhi Fedchanka
September 6th, 2019 Walnut Creek, CA DETAILS

George. I would never recommend that company. My story with a fridge started 6 months ago, and we still don't have any positive result. The first time our fridge was broken 6 months ago, and the tech fixed it. Then in 2 weeks fridge was broken again and the tech said that they don't have that part and I have to wait on it. The GE manufacturer stopped making that part. It's taken for First American Home Warranty about 1-1.5 month to find that part. They found that part on eBay, that means that there is no warranty, and there is no confirmation that that part is original (I didn't know that previously). I can't imagine that company like First American Home Warranty ordering parts on eBay, it's unprofessional. Tech came in 2 months and replace that part. Fridge worked around 2 months after that stopped working again. We called back to and open another claim. The first time tech was scheduled but didn't come. The second time the tech came and said that he can't repair the fridge. Then First American Company sent tech from official General Electric company. That tech was very professional, and he confirmed that the fridge can't be repaired because the parts are not manufactured anymore. He called to First American and provided that information. I spoke with the representative from First American and he confirmed that they are going to send me a new fridge. I'm OK with that, but today I've got confirmation that they scheduled another contractor to fix my fridge. How come? How long it takes? I can't trust to that company, all the time they are providing different information. I see that they don't wont to replace my fridge. I'm going to find the attorney or go to the small court. I don't have a choice.

Jessica Taggart
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

It's easy to file claims and are pretty good about getting a company to service the repair quickly

Sep 03, 2019

Thank you Jessica for your review.

Katherine
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Sometimes I get pushback from the company about repairs/replacements needed immediately

Elena Knipe
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

The servoceman was great but it was the second visit to correct the original issue.

Sep 03, 2019

Thank you Elena for your review.

Nichols
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Very long wait to get someone out to do repairs. Poor communication

Swanson
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Coverage is not nearly as well profitted as advertised.

Joy
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Quick response time and excellent companies that are chosen to do service. Have never been disappointed.

Sep 03, 2019

Great to hear, Joy. Thank you for your review.

September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

They respond quickly and always friendly. They get your service provider quickly

Sep 03, 2019

Thank you for your review.

Doug McGill
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

My one and only claim with them went well and was pretty easy to make happen.

Sep 03, 2019

Thank you Doug for your feedback .

Sam Nasr
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

responsive, responsible, helpful and always on top of claims

Sep 03, 2019

Thank you Sam for your review.

Cindy Day
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

There is great communication with homeowner.

Hello Cindy, thank you.

Tricia Voorhies
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

Quick to respond to my call and did good work. Helpfulness

Sep 03, 2019

Thank you Tricia for your review, we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Fowler Brown
September 3rd, 2019 DETAILS

They respond quickly although it takes up to a week for the repair person to get on the job

Sep 03, 2019

Hi Fowler, thank you for provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Brenda Waldrop
August 29th, 2019 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

I really would give it 0 stars but that is not an option. I have been a loyal customer for 13+ years. At one time I had 5 warranties with this company. I raved about the service and encouraged others to buy their product. As with a lot of services in our world, times have changed and this company now gladly takes your money and then proceeds to argue with you about fixing the problem or how long they have to get it done. There used to be one person that you dealt with and not it is whoever picks up the phone. It is almost impossible to ever get a supervisor on the line and usually pointless when you do. The death of a great service provider greatly saddens me. I will not be renewing my coverage next year and encourage others to do the same.

Sima Saeidi
August 28th, 2019 Irvine, CA DETAILS

This company should be avoided - as they don't care about their Customers. The vendors they use are not experienced in their work. They send HVAC / Heating and Cooling company to fix my dishwasher - so the job does not get done right- and I have to pay $75 plus the hefty premium. STAY AWAY FROM them.

Christina V.
August 27th, 2019 San Bernardino, CA DETAILS

BUYERS BEWARE!! This warranty company is a joke!! Be sure to take notice of how the negative reviews far outnumber the positive ones!! They really should allow you to go with a zero star rating. This is absolutely the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service reps can hardly string an intelligent sentence together and become argumentative if you stand your ground on an issue. During a phone call, I asked to speak to a supervisor. . .the rep that I was speaking to literally said "enjoy being on hold for 10 minutes" before clicking off of the line. I ended up being on hold for over 20 minutes and the supervisor that I spoke to told me that literally my only recourse to the problem I was having was to hire an outside A/C repair person and pay for it out of my pocket before they will incur the expense of sending out one of their contracted companies to do a second opinion on my A/C unit. At this point, I have spoken to numerous customer service reps and supervisors. They will not listen to my complaint against the company that they sent to my home. . .they will not arrange for a second opinion and they will not refund my $75.00 service fee. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!! I feel like the good reviews are simply clients that got lucky. The negative reviews completely outnumber the negative reviews.

Rachel
August 27th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Update: still no AC and cant get ahold of anyone at First American to provide an update. We are at 97 degrees inside our home and its been a week and a half. The customer rep we were given is going straight to voicemail, the claims specialist is OOO and the people on the main line say they cant help I made a call about my AC and got technicians out the next day, but the technicians were completely neglectful (at my home for 10 mins total, only looked at the external unit and left before confirming that anything was fixed). I reopened the service request 2 hours after I left via the website then called the next monday. At this point my broken AC had begun leaking through the ceiling, which they will of course not cover. Its 105 degrees out so not running the AC is not an option. I was told that for urgent requests, I need to call even though they present the website as the preferred means to operate. Beyond that the technicians said they cannot come out for another 48 hours, but could charge me $150 for a temporary AC (because I of course should have to pay for a solution since they contracted a terrible company with 1 star reviews all over the place online). They refused to look for another contractor, were quite rude, left me on hold for extended period of times and were overall horrible in their customer service. Next year I will be going with a different company for my warranty, as expecting me to go a week without AC in August in TX is ridiculous

Sharon Gearheart
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Member 13 years 2 problems taken care of immediately happened in the 2nd year recommend to everyone the peace of mind I have if need them how fast I am taken care of would not be without them

Aug 28, 2019

Hi Sharon, thank you for being a loyal customer for 13 years. We appreciate your feedback.

Bonnie Brunson
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Most always pleased with how quickly someone comes out.

Aug 28, 2019

Thank you Bonnie for your review.

Mary
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

quick response and resolution of all issues

Aug 28, 2019

Thank you Mary for your review.

Michelle
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Professional and courteous. Had the repair people contacted quick.

Aug 28, 2019

Hello Michelle, thank you for your review.

Margaret
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

They have changed their policy to only pay for little things. If the claim is big, they word a rejection to say I have to pay nearly all costs of repair or replacement.

Leanthony Booker
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Immediate action with home issue. No delay.

Aug 28, 2019

Hi Leanthony for your review.

james myers
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

They need to remove contractors like AM PM plumbing from their roster.

Jennifer Rienstra
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Responsivenss and professional partners.

Thank you for Jennifer.

Chad Nothdorft
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Always quick and easy. They are friendly and great prices.

Aug 28, 2019

Hi Chad. We appreciate your feedback.

Charlene
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Have always taken care of all claims I have had

Aug 28, 2019

Thank you Charlene, we look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Bon
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Phone service takes too long, otherwise good.

Aug 28, 2019

Thank you Bon for your review.

Bob allen
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Last contractor never called back,I tried many times and called myself . I took care of the issue

AJ
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Poor quality technicians sent to the home and lack necessary knowledge or skills to makes necessary repairs and require multiple visits or they cant tell the difference between normal wear and tear versus breakage

anthony blanchard
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

excellent service and time on claim in a timely manner the service person called me back the same day

Aug 29, 2019

Thank you Anthony for your review.

Alissa Piro
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

limited, irrational coverage; not always great companies sent out; easy claim process; advanced technological tools

Aug 29, 2019

Hello Alissa, thank you for your feedback.

DMA
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

I would give zero stars if I could. First of all, they have poor and rude customer service. They literally hung up on me twice or sent me on a phone goose chase before. Once I called in advance to see if a repair was covered, the agent confirmed it was only to be surprised that it was not when the technician showed up. To make matters worse, I had to pay the service fee for no work, because the technician showed up. Even though this was their mistake, they were unwilling to waive the fee. Finally, cancelling your contract is a nightmare. You have to do it in writing and it would take up to 30 days. It is as if they want to make it the hardest task to do. Good luck talking on the phone with the cancellations department, which does not have a phone number. AVOID this company for your own good. Not worth you time or money. They are not honest!

Senal mul kapuge
August 26th, 2019 Frederick, MD DETAILS

They were very rude to us and didn’t know how to talk to a customer. He didn’t talk to us in a normal and friendly tone he kept yelling at us. And when we didn’t understand something, he didn’t explain it but just kept yelling. He didn’t even fix anything he just put a new part in, and just left with a check. It was bad customer service overall. Air Logic was a pretty cheap company too.

James
August 23rd, 2019 Bay Saint Louis, MS DETAILS

Never fixed one thing right continuous issues over and over with AC unit. Contractors unprofessional and lack true knowledge

Connie
August 23rd, 2019 Newport News, VA DETAILS

I’ve had nothing but problems with FAHW. They haven’t paid for air conditioner components. The first HVAC guy didn’t fix the problem. But I had to pay another HVAC guy to come out and rediagnose the problem. $500 later FAHW won’t cover the expenses. Now on to the refrigerator. July 8th I put in a claim and now August 22 the problem isn’t fixed yet. FAHW won’t get me another contractor to fix the problem. I have been on the phone multiple, multiple times to have this situation remedied. FAHW won’t return calls like they say they will. I am nothing but angry and disappointed with their service.

Nik
August 23rd, 2019 Lake Forest, CA DETAILS

They are consistently the worst customer service I have ever had on any home warranty. I have had two issues in a row in the last month and they have a been horrific experiences and have cost me way too much stress. I also have a lot of hidden fees for things you have to pay for when just getting an appliance facts which I am now switching the plan because I cannot take this anymore. They do not respond to service request put in online right away you have to call them and follow up to get anything done and half the time that doesn’t even have an even an emergency situation. Was extremely unhappy with how they did not follow up with me at all or Assign the service to anyone Until I called on both instances. The second time that’s happened to the claim had to be reassigned because it went to a contractor that was no longer servicing in the area and this was a huge waste of time and me calling him to follow up to get the job done. The next day I asked to speak with the manager about it and how unhappy I was with the service and the manager was very This respectful towards me and said he needed to talk first and I finally hung up on him. Do not need to be treated this way for my so-called manager once I am already super upset. Needless to say I am no longer using First American home warranty. So I am still waiting a week later for the contractor to show up.

Eric
August 22nd, 2019 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

Total waste of my home-seller's money. I've paid for two service calls, $150 total, for AC service and plumbing service on a manufactured home. First American has no clue there are differences in AC and plumbing systems between manufactured and constructed homes. Both service calls (actually there were two for AC and one plumber) got nothing done due to differences in construction, setup, and design. I will NEVER schedule a service call through them again. I'd rather do my own research and hire a professional that actually understands my problem and is able to help me, even at a higher cost!

Melissa Bradley
August 22nd, 2019 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS

First they are getting 2 stars because they actually do communicate with me in a timely manner. However, their customer service sucks and the contractors they send out are incompetent. First about 4 months ago, I submitted a claim online that my dryer was having issues making extremely loud squealing noise. I was charged the $75 service fee. They sent a very nice man out to fix it. I thought it was all fixed. Then last month it starts doing the exact same thing. And my washer happened to die on me at the same time. Put in claim number 2. THis time the company they send out is here MAYBE 10 minutes (in that time he always used my restroom) didn't even look at the dryer or turn it on, tells me my whole front panel on the washer needs to be replaced and I will be charged extra for it being a stackable. WHAT??? I call First American, was told nothing would be extra as the $75 covers everything. a few days go by, the contractor does not return any of my calls. First American calls me and states they are ordering the parts for my washer, but the dryer is not covered. They claim "noise" is not an issue. WHAT????? Both time I explained the issue I was having and they had no problem charging me both times for the $75 service charge knowing they wouldn't cover "noise"? Mind you the dryer is not usable due to how extremely loud it is. Now they call me and tell me the contractor needs me to move the dryer from the washer (they are stackable) before they will schedule to come. Now I have to do part of their job for them? I'm a woman by myself and have to figure out how to get the dryer down before they come out? THey wouldn't even call me they will only talk to First American yet I am the one they need to schedule when they will come out. First American has not been a help whatsoever with this. THey use very unprofessional contractors, and they things at you last minute like this. Be very cautious of them.

ALS
August 22nd, 2019 Broomall, PA DETAILS

I called in to have a water leak on our washing machine fixed It was leaking on the left side there was very small amount of water on the floor after each load of wash done. First American sent out a repair tech the determined it was a gasket and a tube which connects to door boot was the problem they had to order the two part. A week they came out to install the two parts. Taking the whole top of the washer apart to install these two parts. After were installed the tech run the washer to see if this indeed fix the leak. No the leak was now coming from the right of the washer 10 times worse then before. No the tech determined the new leak was from the soap dispenser which he had already taken out and reinstalled along with other parts. He took out the soap dispenser and took it all apart and said he will reseal it with some kind of sealer and he will put the soap dispenser back into the washer and not to use it until that evening or next day. We elected to give it a try the next day. The leak now is like 20 times worse ..... we had to use 4 big towels to clean up the water on the floor after one load. We called First American and they called the tech the tech said the soap dispenser will need replaced but First American does cover this part. After going back a forth for weeks now going six weeks without our washer First American they will cover the price of the soap dispenser as they said they would do so to get our fixed. Then all of sudden that is no where in the claims notes and they said the repair tech broke the soap dispenser they would have to pay for it. Now there was never a leak coming from the soap dispenser before the first attempted to determine the leak problem not until the repair took out the soap dispenser and then reinstalled it did it leak. I have to agree with First American but not the repair tech company say the repair tech did not brake the part and they aren't paying for it. We either have to pay soap dispenser or continue to going back and forth on who's paying for this part. Now 6 weeks later we will pay for the part which isn't FAIR or do without a washer. Some FUN isn't ....... I will close our warranty account after this repair is all finished and never deal with First American again or this badly run repair company they use.

R J P
August 22nd, 2019 Wimberley, TX DETAILS

I don’t usually write reviews good or bad, but my experience with First American Home Warranty has been one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had. It started on July 29th, 2019, our AC system froze up. Mind you we live in Texas where the average day time high in August is over 100 degrees. I requested service from the warranty company that day, pay my $75-dollar deductible, and was told the first available day they could get someone to my house was August 6th. I call them back and basically beg for something sooner and they found another contractor that showed up on August 2nd. That contractor found that the air handler needed to be replaced. That took a couple days for the warranty company to approve, then the replacement unit was ordered. Install date was scheduled for August 15th. The morning the contractor shows up, they call me, and I must pay $1050 dollars in uncovered expenses for them to install the air handler. I argue, but what’s the use, I need the air and the contractor is knocking on the door. The contractor installed air handler, and, in the process, they leave two water stains on my ceiling about the size of a large laptop (this is an attic installed air handler) and two holes in the ceiling sheet rock. Guess I’ll have to pay another contractor to fix ceiling issues. At the time, I was just happy to have air conditioning in my house and so the contractor leaves without offering any assistance for the water stained and damaged ceiling sheet rock. But wait, an hour after they left, no cold air and it is 105 degrees outside, the AC has stopped working again. I call the warranty company and no one can come check it until August 20th after 1pm. Ok, another weekend of no AC in the house. At 8pm the day before they are scheduled to come fix the unit again, they call me to move the appointment up from 1pm to 9am and I say sure, even better. But on the 20th no one shows up and after lunch they call and say sorry, we’ll be there tomorrow morning. Brings us to today, August 21st, 2019. 22 days without Air in the stifling Texas heat. Contractor shows up, turns system on and of course, the system runs perfectly. Contractor hangs around 10 minutes then leaves, then 1 hour later, no AC. At this point, my wife breaks down in tears, this is just too much to handle. I call to see if contractor could come back but was told the next scheduled visit is days away. I’ve had it. There is Zero sense of urgency in the Warranty company and the contractor is just incompetent. I now have called a local AC company who showed up in less than an hour and they are replacing the defective parts as we speak. So, 22 days of run around trying to use a home warranty. Never again, total scam. As a side note, I’d also like to mention that during this time I had a plumbing issue. I called the warranty company to request service and two days later they call me and tell me they cannot find a plumber to assist. They offered for me to use someone locally and they would approve $125 dollars in repairs, mind you I already paid the $75-dollar deductible. I questioned that and was explained that they would reimburse me up to $50 dollars, that is $125 total in repairs, minus the $75 I already paid, total BS. I took a day off from work and repaired the plumbing issue myself. Lesson learned, next time I will decline the sellers offer to buy a home warranty and take that cash instead at closing. Maybe other home warranty companies are different, but this whole experience tells me to run, run as fast as you can.