Choice Home Warranty offers comprehensive protection against the high cost of repairs and replacements of major systems and appliances. The home warranty company strives to offer excellent service technicians, fast and simple solutions for its customers, and value for homeowners' money by reducing out-of-pocket expenses. The home warranty service provider appears to be delivering well on its goal of customer satisfaction, as is evidenced by a large number of positive Choice Home Warranty reviews below. Choice Home Warranty has been in business since 2008 and is one of America's fastest-growing companies, headquartered in Edison, New Jersey.

The Good

• Choice Home Warranty Cost
  • First Month Free
  • Customer Service Open 24/7
  • No Home Inspection Required
  • Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team
  • Real Estate Agent Packages
  • Transferable Service Contract
  • Helpful Website
  • Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty Cost

Choice Home Warranty has an affordable policy that starts at $495 per year or $43.75 per month. The monthly cost is more expensive because Choice Home Warranty charges a $30 surcharge if you opt for a monthly payment rather than a single annual payment.

Choice Home Warranty's average service fee is competitively priced at $60.

First Month Free

Choice Home Warranty offers the first month of service free with the purchase of any of its single-payment and one-year warranty plans. The company also runs frequent promotions that allow homeowners to win new kitchen appliances when they apply for a quote.

Customer Service Open 24/7

Choice Home Warranty provides top-notch customer service by allowing its customers to submit claims either online or by calling a toll-free phone number. The home warranty company's call center is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving customers peace of mind and the ability to submit service requests and receive assistance around the clock. The company website also has a simple contact form that is easy to fill out and is sent to them immediately.

No Home Inspection Required

Unlike some home warranty companies, Choice Home Warranty does not require customers to have their home inspected in order to obtain a contract, which enables a more seamless transaction process for those signing up for warranty plans. This also allows customers to save money right off the bat by avoiding the cost of a home inspection.

Knowledgeable, Dedicated Team

With many home warranty companies, the claims process is not very personable, and service requests are assigned to a clerk in a large department. However, customers who choose to purchase a Choice Home Warranty will work with a knowledgeable, dedicated team of two or three representatives that will service their covered home repair needs quickly and efficiently.

In addition to being thoroughly involved in the claim, Choice Home Warranty has representatives that are available to answer any questions that may arise. And anytime delays take place, Choice Home Warranty requires their technicians to immediately provide the customer with an estimated completion date, so the customer is never left out of the loop wondering when the warranty service will be completed.

Real Estate Agent Packages

Choice Home Warranty offers a number of plans and packages specifically geared towards real estate agents. Because home warranties provide a valuable safeguard on the home's covered major systems and appliances, both buyers and sellers will receive peace of mind.

Additionally, including a home warranty with the purchase of a house provides a competitive edge that makes buying and selling homes more enjoyable. Choice Home Warranty also understands the addition of home warranty service has the opportunity to help close a deal, which ultimately has the opportunity to make the seller and the buyer more pleased with the settlement.

Transferable Service Contract

With Choice Home Warranty, coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and continues for 365 days from the start date. However, if a customer can provide proof of prior coverage through another warranty provider showing no lapse of warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty will start new coverage as soon as the old warranty contract policy ends.

Any warranty contract can be renewed each year and is 100 percent transferable.

Helpful Website

Choice Home Warranty has a very helpful website that makes it easy to navigate the ins and outs of the company and what they have to offer. The service provider has sections on its website to separate potential customer types, such as homeowners, buyers and sellers, real estate pros, and contractors, making it easy for customers to know where to find the information that applies to them specifically.

The website also includes an extensive blog that is consistently updated with information regarding home warranties and related topics. In addition, Choice Home Warranty has a FAQ page that answers common questions, making it easier for customers to find answers without having to dig for them.

Extensive Coverage

Choice Home Warranty offers extensive coverage similar to other top companies in the home warranty industry. Choice Home Warranty offers two coverage packages: the Basic Plan and the Total Plan. The Basic Warranty Plan includes basic home appliances, such as a water heater, a garage door opener, and a built-in dishwasher. The Total Warranty Plan includes all of the appliances in the Basic Plan, as well as more major appliances and systems, such as an air conditioner and a refrigerator.

The complete list of the offered warranty policies and items covered by each package, as well as optional coverage add-ons, are as follows:

Basic Plan: $495 per Year or $43.75 per Month

• Heating system
  • Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fans and exhaust fans
  • Plumbing system

• Whirlpool bathtub
  • Garage door opener
  • Electrical system
  • Dishwasher
  • Ceiling fan and exhaust fan
  • Plumbing system

• Well pump: $100

See if you qualify

The Bad

Claim Denial Cases

Potential customers who have old appliances should note that they may be disappointed on warranty coverage for such items in the future. Covered Choice Warranty claims do not include damage resulting from known or unknown pre-existing conditions, misuse, abuse, or failure to clean and maintain covered systems and appliances.

However, similar to most warranty coverage, Choice Home Warranty's packages will cover the repair or replacement of appliances affected by normal wear and tear. Customers should carefully read the fine print and determine which of their current appliances will be eligible for coverage in the future.

The Bottom Line

Choice Home Warranty is a respected organization with a solid track record. Its warranty policy and service fee are competitively priced compared to other top-rated home warranty companies.

Choice Home Warranty offers multiple package options that each provide extensive coverage, and its knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team is available around the clock to assist with claims and to answer questions.

It is easy to see why the company has received largely positive home warranty reviews. Because the first month is free and no home inspection is required, it's incredibly easy to purchase a Choice Home Warranty and start protecting yourself against the high cost of any unexpected repair or replacement of major appliances and systems.

With affordable monthly prices and a cheaper trade service fee than most, Choice Home Warranty is definitely a solid choice for your home warranty needs.

Check out Choice Home Warranty reviews below to see what real customers have to say about the home warranty provider. Current customer reviews note that warranty claims are resolved in a timely manner, technician service is exceptional, warranty policies are listed at affordable prices, and the customer service department is helpful and courteous.

Call our recommended rep over at Choice Home Warranty below.

3.8

Sarah Paget

June 20th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My outdoor refrigerator wasn't cooling and they sent a technician out the next day and John was wonderful and so polite and knowledgeable and took care of me very efficiently. I highly recommend this company and the great people that the send out! Thank you!

Luis Philip Gonzalez

June 20th, 2018 League City, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a member of First American Warranty for years. I switched to Choice Home Warranty because I saved $395.00 for the same exact Coverages. Plus the another $30.00 saving per Service Call. I have been overpaying for years. Plus if you are a Veteran or over 50 there are more discounts and benefits.

Damion johnson

June 20th, 2018 Glenn Dale, MD

I spoke with a rep yesterday who was very helpful. We agreed i would call today, which i did, to sign up. However, other reps were blowing my phone up. When i told one rep i was on the phone with another rep, he rudely responded, “why i answer the phone then!”

Kayla

June 20th, 2018 Lewisville, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Choice Home Warranty for 3 years. Overall, I am satisfied with their service. The companies they send have provided efficient services for our needs. My only complaint, is having to pay for the renewal in 1 or 2 payments. I wish there were more payment options as $500 or $250 is a lot to come up with on top of monthly financial commitments.

Christopher powell

June 20th, 2018 Ft. Washington, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have experienced excellent customer service from choice representatives.

Cynthia Martin

June 20th, 2018 Arlington, TN

I made a claim on my washing machine and within 12 hours an appointment was made. The plumbing company, however, did not show up on the day my appt was for. Even told me I wasn’t on his schedule. When I told him I received an email a week ago from Choice regarding the appt. he told me his company was supposed to call us to confirm the appt. His company never called, even though he told me he did. He came up with several excuses. The bottom line was that someone in his office dropped the ball.

Qian Ye

June 20th, 2018 Martinsville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My requests always get serviced immediately. I have peace of mind knowing my house has this warranty.

Dee Chisolm

June 20th, 2018 Hampton, VA

Jason was so helpful and well versed in what warrant and price would fit my needs and budget. He is and outstanding agent!

Deborah Kraemer

June 20th, 2018 Roseville, MI

I felt a little pressured when inquiring about the warranty and did sign up. Hope nothing fails the month i have to wait. Hopefully i get good service when i need it

BEC

June 19th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I contacted out of curiosity and was assaulted with frequent hard-sell pressure calls. The hard sell delegitimized the company for me.

Aug 22, 2019

. In efforts to assist, our Consumer Advocate will message you directly to further address your concerns.

eliana babbi

June 19th, 2018 Vero Beach, FL

I could never had so bad experience with Choice.My air conditioning stop working. Choice sent me a technician whom made a wrong diagnostic.And so they told me that I was not covered. By my expenses I called another Company. And they find that my Vap coil was liken. I send then the new Company estimate. I talk to Choice about the discrepancy about this two diagnostics, after staying in line by phone trying to talk to Choice, hours a day, during more than ten days. (before you make your insurance tray to call them )But at the end they place a message over my claim: closed. And that is it they decided and a paid my insurance one year in advance. I The second company send then pictures and description, but they don't want to know anything else.I called a third Company, and they confirmed what was broken, and I am going to pay for fixing the trouble. Be far from this company. They can not be worse than they are.Even the costumer service, is very bad.

Ann

June 19th, 2018 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Claims are handled quickly! The repairman was polite and knowledgeable!

Ann Modzelewski

June 19th, 2018 Naples, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was so stressed because I was leaving town and had two appliances that were not operating correctly and it was a Saturday...whoa they took my information and by Sunday I had an appointment for the technician for Monday before I had to leave on Tuesday. He was wonderful and solved all my stress.

Dean Watson

June 19th, 2018 McDonough, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A plumber came to my home today to repair a leaky toilet and they said the toilet would need to be replaced due to a hairline crack in the toilet. The plumber spoke with a CHW representative who said he would put the matter in front of the board. I received an email stating that CHW will not cover the replacement of my toilet. There are so many legitimate things this company does not cover. I think they are in the business of denying and not honoring claims. I really want to discontinue service with this company when my contract ends. If there was an option for less than one star, I would give them that.

Tammy Sorendo

June 18th, 2018 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Waiting on the phone for close to 1 hour. The customer services reps were pretty good. The coverage however was disappointing. Recent issues have made me concerned about the coverage of my request for service.

John

June 18th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My first experience with this company was a nightmare! My fridge broke down and so I called them. Two days later they never called back to tell me when someone was coming out so I called them. They said they couldn’t find anyone to come until 1 week later but I could call someone out, have the repair comoany call Choice with the diagnoses and they would approve it. I would then pay them the full amount but Choice would reimburse me. So that’s what I did. I got someone out the very next day. I called choice for the approval and was on hold for 45 mi utes! The charge was approved and the total bill was $1174 to fix it. I paid the repair company and then later got an email from choice saying they would reimburse me only $440 and it would take a month to get the check. Ridiculous! I had to do all the work and pay for the far majority of the work myself. When they sold me the program they said I just needed to call them and someone would repair it in 48 hours and I would only have to pay $45 each time I needed something repaired. Choice is a rip off!!!! I did finally talk to a supervisor that was helpful and offered to send me a check for the full amount for the repairs so I’m upgrading their review to 3 stars.

Kevin

June 18th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I should have read the fine print, a/c coil went bad so I thought I would be covered. The contract stated coil will not be covered due to rust or corrosion. How else will a coil fail other than rust or corrosion? Save your money and fund your own repairs. Would not deal with this company again, fortunately I only have a 1 year policy. I think you would have better odds of me coming out to repair your appliances than you would choice home warranty. Buyers beware!!!!!

Elvis Llanes

June 18th, 2018 Goodyear, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I decided to choose Choice home warranty for my home needs due to great reviews. They advertise that there is no home inspection needed, and that they know that things dont last forever and they understand that things break down, wear out. Unfortunately, this was not what the end results were. Once i needed their services to fix my broke down AC unit, they found any reason to deny my claim, based on a few pictures taken by the AC technician. I live in Phoenix, AZ so my AC is vital specially when my 2 AC units broke down within a week in the middle of the summer. I had moved into my home almost a year to date, and my 2 AC units had received the normal maintenance. What they dont have an amergency 24 response?? you think trying to live in a home which got as hot as 94 degrees is ok for my family to live in. They took about 1 week to send 2 AC technicians out. They didnt care about the well being of my family. So you advertise peace of mind, I got anything but that. Why am i paying for a home warranty, I pay my monthly dues and when I need services I got the shaft. I had to pay out of pocket to repair my 2 AC units, costing my $1,243. I have been on the phone numerous times, arguing with the service agent and case manager and have not been able to resolve anything. i guess im just S.O.L. I wound give this home warranty company a big ZERO if allowed. i wound definitely reconsider going elsewhere for your home warranty needs. This company just throws at you policies and regulations as to why they cant cover your broke down appliances. Don't waste your time or money.

Aug 30, 2019

We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with our policy. We are committed to providing a positive customer experience and we take all feedback very seriously. Choice Home Warranty provides home warranty service coverage on the systems and appliances listed as ‘INCLUDED’ under the terms of the User Agreement sent to you at purchase. It may also be found on

Pam Dyckman

June 18th, 2018 Grove City, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very very disappointed in the service from choice warranty. Roy came Saturday to fix our AC. He was very cordial and fix the problem. However, we ended up paying him $225.00 because he had to get permission from Choice Warrsnty to replace the part. He emailed and called. After 45min he received no answer. Come to find out, you have no one on the phones on the weekend. What is the point of having technicians come out on weekends if they can’t get the okay to repair the AC.

Sunil Ghogre

June 18th, 2018 Morristown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is our first time experience of using services, unfortunately it was terrible. Choice was prompt in assigning a technician, not the technician never turned up on agreed time nor he called up, it happened twice for same job. Finally when he arrived he didn't have right set of tools to fix the problem. He said someone will come, no one turned up as yet. On top of this Choice system generated email tell us the appointment was missed by us. Crazy. Typical, lot of tall promises when the sales person wants to sell the product and when it comes to delivery we know what the real customer focus is.

rodger creech

June 17th, 2018 Rocky Mount, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Choice Home Warranty is the worst possible home warranty company in the world! They do not cover the items that are in repair due to age and use! I live in a 27 year old house and I am in need of an AC repair or replacement but it is not covered due to wear! I was denied because of that! Do not do business with this company!!

V Pinson

June 16th, 2018 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The repair person arrived as scheduled and my garbage disposal was replaced promptly. Very satisfied with the service. V Pinson June 16, 2018

Judy Sursely

June 16th, 2018 Granbury, TX

Rated a 5 for now. If we have a claim, depending on how quick repair man shows up, quality of repair it could stay a 5 or be changed. The ordering experience with Matt was cordial, not pushy.

Norman Vetter

June 15th, 2018 Downingtown, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Took two days to get an appointment with a service provider. Took another two days to get them to come out. Work was performed well and job was completed to specification.

Ellen Smith

June 14th, 2018 Kapolei, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT give then or email them your phone number or they will PLAGUE you with phone calls for sales several times a day starting at 5 am. They lie and say they have removed your number when you call to complain, but keep churning out telemarketer lists. I reported them recently to the FCC.

robert heiney

June 14th, 2018 Banks, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything went well once the contractor showed up. It took a long time for CHW to find someone and get them to my house, which isn't convenient when waiting for a hot water heater to be fixed. Once here, however, they did a great job. Professional, clean, and friendly.

TAMMY EATON

June 14th, 2018 Chattanooga, TN

Not qualifier tech still waiting on leak fixs and ceiling repair. Already paid two trip charges. Been over 3 weeks. On phone now waiting on choice . Customer service is alwful and waiting to talk to someone waiting is over 30 minutes and then sometimes get disconnect.

Lloyd Walker

June 14th, 2018 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve only used the service once but I received prompt action and repair of my A/C.

Richard Freese

June 13th, 2018 Denton, TX

Kevin M. was very knowledgeable and got us the full plan with a good rate.

Mike Donnelly

June 13th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer service! I was told repeatedly for a week that they had authorized payment to fix my AC and they reneged on their promise and said they will send a check, their wholesale cost of a part, for me to buy a part to fix my AC. They kept stringing me along for a week and I still have a broken AC unit (in Tucson, 100+ degrees). Choice Home Warranty LIES, CHEATS ,STEALS, and laughs all the way to the bank with your money! Do not but a warranty from them, you will get screwed!

S habe

June 13th, 2018 Wentzville, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are great when selling you the contract but their customer service closes at 5pm eastern and they make you wait in hold for 45 minutes. Their technicians are not reliable and they want to give u pennies on the $ to do a replacement. Ridiculous!

Kristiana Lubomirova

June 13th, 2018 Meridian, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The call waiting times are always almost an hour +. Lots of transfers, and almost nothing is covered. The contractors they work with give you the wrong time estimates, just an entire cluster from start to finish. Not impressed, do NOT waste your money on this company.

Albert Williams

June 13th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company sucks and I would not advise anyone to do business with CHOICE HOME WARRANTY. They have no problem calling or texting you five ,six times a day to get you to do business with them but if you should try to get them to look at something in your home it's hard to get any assistance then they send out some technician that probably was not trained or have any sort of knowledge of what he is doing, just interested in collecting service fees or all kid of different fees before even looking at the problem. Then you have to go around in circles for them to tell you that they wont cover it because it was not properly maintained.

Aug 30, 2019

willistine gaymon

June 13th, 2018 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been with CHW for 2 years and never had a problem. I relocated and my AC was not working because I paid for the full year they fixed my AC unit. Thank you Thank you Thank you !!

June 13th, 2018 Blue Ridge, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The person I spoje to was rude and actually hung up on me! Now this,company calls me 3 times a day and I block their calls. AWFUL!

Taken

June 13th, 2018 Greeley, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Hard to cancel. When you cannot prove prior maintenance on a home you just bought, CHOICE will not service it.

Francis

June 13th, 2018 Itasca, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service. I just joined.

Antonio A Reyes

June 12th, 2018 Alexandria, LA

The agent who explained the coverage of the policy was very well versed in his field. He was very professional and knowledgeable of the Choice Warranty services. Kudos to this employee.

Larry Stephenson

June 12th, 2018 Maricopa, AZ

Mathew was great at helping me decide what program to choose plus he got the military discount for me. He really worked helping me as I am on a fixed income. Choice was so much less than the current warranty group I have now. Thank you Mathew.

Evan

June 12th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My call was disconnected 4 times for a claim payout and I can’t help think this was intentional. In the end I got a letter stating the item was not covered even though it was listed as a covered part. They make it very difficult to do business with. I would not renew and not recommend their service to anyone.

Edwin Patterson

June 12th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Extremely quick and easy process from start to finish. The representative was knowledgeable, courteous and professional. I would definitely recommend Choice Home Warranty to friends and family.

KAREN

June 11th, 2018 Claymont, DE

The Choice Home Warranty provided great customer service and timely plumbing services.

Mathews Alexander

June 10th, 2018 Elmont, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I reported to choice warranty about a problem with my central a/c regarding lack of cooling in my house and they gave me a claim number. They sent couple of technicians to the house, the first one came and checked the problem of low Freon in the system and second technician came and put few pounds of Freon in the system and restored the problem. Well, I am happy the a/ c has been restored to my happiness. I also applaud the customer service for very prompt and sincere in taking care of my problem. I wish them good luck.

Roxanne Mungin

June 10th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well after a week of going back and forth with the warranty company about a prompt service time we finally got someone out to service our AC. At first we got random text messages about a tech coming out. Their service date was wrong, there time for service was between 11-6:30 (ALL DAY), they would call but didn’t leave a message and then blamed the customer for not answering the phone. If you text before why did you stop texting. After constant waiting to speak to an agent that was usually 35 minutes on hold I demanded to speak to a supervisor who then escalated our service call. The new tech reached out to us in less than 24 hours was prompted and performed good service. However the tone in which he spoke to us wasn’t professional at all. We will be finding another warranty company. Sorry Choice Home Warranty

Jaime Luis Ortiz

June 10th, 2018 Miami, FL

Good service. The person I talk was very nice.and give the information I need. Very happy whit the service

Alice McGaughey

June 9th, 2018 Humble, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Arrived in time frame given, called when he was on the way. Identified his self along with helper. Very cordial.

Charles Smith

June 9th, 2018 Port Neches, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cannot reach you you by phone. do it own computer, then told have to call. If it's not covered, just say so. Dont' make me wait 20 minutes to find out it is not covered. That absurb.

Gene

June 8th, 2018 San Antonio, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shipping for my 3rd house to cover through Choice and it went spectacularly. Matthew was responsive, helpful and represented your company and my needs fantastically.

Debra

June 8th, 2018 Saint Augustine, FL

The rep acted as though I was a bother. He was not ride just not polite. He disconnected the call so fast like “girl bye” Hope this does not continue or I will not continue.

Brian

June 8th, 2018 Quincy, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was with great ease I made my first claim through Choice Home Warranty. The process was easy and straightforward, the very next day a repair man was at my house and all I had to worry about was the deductible, So far it has been a good decision.