American Residential Warranty

6.0

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2022

American Residential Warranty is a national company that serves customers in all 50 states. The company's suite of products includes home warranty plans, electronic protection plans, and home security systems. American Residential Warranty aims to give customers peace of mind and customizable service options. The company has partnered with AmTrust Financial, ADT, and Asurion to provide customers with a variety of services. The company was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.

The Good

• Nationwide Coverage
  • Plan Options
  • 24/7 Contact
  • Flexible Contractors
  • Customer Service
  • Sample Contract

Nationwide Coverage

American Residential Warranty covers all of the United States. Some home warranty companies only serve a restricted geographical region, so it's convenient for consumers that they can receive coverage regardless of where they live in the United States.

Plan Options

American Residential Warranty offers four plans that vary in coverage and cost. Customers can also choose whether they would like to pay monthly, annually, or quarterly.

24/7 Contact

Customer representatives for American Residential are available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, all year long. This is a necessity when customers have an unexpected emergency in the middle of the night or on holidays.

Flexible Contractors

American Residential allows customers to pick their own contractors to conduct their repairs. All a customer has to do is call American Residential and alert them that they would like to use their own contractor. The contractor will then need to contact American Residential to gain authorization for the repair. This is rare within the home warranty industry, as most home warranty companies only allow customers to use their own affiliated technicians.

In addition to the ability to file a claim 24/7 via phone, American Residential Warranty shows a commitment to customer service by allowing customers in select states to file a claim online. The service provider also responds to many customer reviews.

Sample Contract

ARW has sample contracts available online for customers to review typical coverage terms for service. This is a benefit because many complaints against home warranty companies involve unfair claim denials. ARW providing a service contract for potential customers lets them know what to expect from a warranty.

The Bad

• 30-Day Wait Period
  • No Mobile App

30-Day Wait Period

American Residential Warranty has a 30-day wait period before you can receive its home warranty coverage. This is to help protect the company against pre-existing conditions and to keep coverage costs down since American Residential Warranty does not require appliance and system inspections.

No Mobile App

Unlike some other warranty companies, ARW doesn't have a mobile app to file a claim on the move. This could make the process for getting a repair less convenient, because some mobile apps also allow you to track your technician appointment and manage your account. However, for some customers, a mobile app is not necessary and they prefer to file a claim online or over the phone.

The Bottom Line

American Residential Warranty is a home warranty provider that offers multiple payment plans and flexible options for preferred contracts and technicians. American Residential's customer representatives are also available 24 hours a day year round, and it serves nationwide. Overall, American Residential Warranty seems to be a legitimate company and deserves an honest look. If you're interested in reading what customers have to say about the home warranty provider, check out American Residential Warranty reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at American Residential Warranty below.

not_listed_location

American Residential Warranty Frequently Asked Questions

May I choose my own contractors with American Residential Warranty?

Yes, you may choose your own contractors. All you need to do is let the claims representative know that you would like to use your own contractor and make sure that your contractor calls in for authorization prior to completing any repairs.

What makes American Residential Warranty one of the best home warranty companies?

As an American Residential Warranty customer, you experience excellent customer service, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can speak with a live customer service representative located in the United States. The company also provides immediate service for emergency issues, and it will respond to a request for service within 24–48 hours. Customers can select their own service providers or choose between the company's larger network of licensed, pre-screened, and pre-qualified technicians.  The company does not have long-term contracts, so you may hold a policy for as little or for as long as you would like. American Residential Warranty has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, the highest rating the agency gives.

Does a home warranty with American Residential Warranty cover TVs?

Having a TV covered by a home warranty largely depends on the plan you select from the warranty company. American Residential Warranty now covers TVs with the Ultimate Electronics Protection Plan. All of your computing and home entertainment devices can now be protected under one plan — TVs, laptops, tablets, desktop computers, game systems, home theater systems, and so much more.

How does a home warranty work with American Residential Warranty?

When a person purchases a home warranty, they are entitled to certain coverage as part of the policy. If a covered appliance or home system breaks down, such as your washing machine or your central heating system, you simply contact the warranty company, and it will arrange for a licensed, pre-screened, and pre-qualified technician to come to your home and assess the situation. If the issue is due to normal wear and tear or mechanical failure and is a covered item, then the appliance or system will be repaired or replaced within the terms and conditions of the plan. For covered repairs, the homeowner will only have to pay a nominal service fee.

Why is there a 30-day wait period with American Residential Warranty?

The company has a 30-day wait period to help protect it from pre-existing conditions. This waiting period helps to keep plan costs down since American Residential Warranty does not perform an inspection to determine the condition of your appliances and systems.

What does a typical home warranty with American Residential Warranty not cover?

A home warranty can provide substantial protection for many appliances and systems within your home. Plans can be built and customized to allow homeowners to add a variety of items to their policy. Additional refrigerators, ice-makers, washers, dryers, pool, spa equipment, well pumps or additional heat/air conditioning units can be added. There are also additional options which cover electronics, sewer, water lines, and more. A home warranty does not cover any items in the event of natural or man-made disasters that can cause major damage to a home and its mechanical systems. The warranty also does not cover events that a homeowners or flood insurance policy would cover, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, fires, floods, or theft. Warranty plans do not cover the physical structure of a home or personal belongings that are inside the home. Please see the Terms and Conditions for full coverage details including all exclusions and limitations.

What is a home protection plan?

A home warranty plan helps protect a homeowner from the high costs of unforeseen mechanical failures of their covered appliances and home systems. The plan provides licensed, prescreened, pre-qualified service technicians to assess the situation. A home warranty plan will also help contribute towards any needed repairs or replacements if a mechanical breakdown is due to normal wear and tear.

What is a trade service fee?

When you request a repair, you pay a trade service fee. The fee is the deductible for that service call. Please see your declaration of coverage for the amount of your trade service fee, or ask a customer support representative. For example, if you need both your air conditioner and your interior electrical system repaired, a trade service fee will be incurred for each repair needed (i.e., an HVAC technician and an electrician).

Is there a contract with American Residential Warranty?

There are no long-term contracts involved. As a customer of American Residential Warranty, you will not be locked into a plan. You can have your plan for as little or for as long as you’d like.

What happens if I sell my home?

A home warranty can help home buyers feel secure in knowing that they will be protected in the event of a sudden breakdown of an appliance or home system. When you sell your home, your home plan can be reassigned to the new homeowners. Certain plans require a $39 transfer fee. See the company's Terms & Conditions for details.

4.1

Kandis Correa Fort Gibson, OK

Lied. Didn't cover my blower fan in my heating and ac unit. Currently without air in Aug temperatures, with 4 kids and they have having my cover 60% 0f the cost. Per- Sal r. American home shield covers total cost. Will be switching back. It's work speaking to someone who doesn't speak good English for the quailty of service.

April Simpson Fayetteville, NC

I will no longer recommend them. I have had 2 bad service experience. The 2nd one has taken the cake. My toilet was clogged and plunging it was doing nothing. Place a service request and after 9 days of no one coming I called ARW and they told me to either wait until their Service contractor comes out or hire one myself and get reimbursed. I hired Root Rooter who cleared the clog and now ARW won't reimburse me unless I tell them what caused the clog. Very humiliating for me to tell them a large stool got stuck.

Unsatisfied microwave customer.

If I could give a negative I would. I am very upset because I have not had my appliance repaired since May when I called to schedule an appointment. American residential was quick to charge me for the service but yet no one has come and I have not been able to speak to corporate to get my problem addressed because I was not able to reach any supervisor. I highly do not recommend this service. They are not keeping their promise to help repair my damaged item. I will cancel and just take the loss of paying my monthly fee of 65.00 and the 55.00 service charge. As if I can afford this expense.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Unsatisfied microwave customer, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 27th, 2020

Linda Dowdy Ione, CA

We had American Residential Warranty coverage for our new home for a year. Thankfully we never had to use it. The second year we decided not to renew. The company charged my account $500 without my permission and will not return my money. I have been waiting since June 21st and they have not responded to repeated requests.

Be'ana Duke Allen, TX

The Rating that American Residential Warranty deserves is zero they don't deserve anything. The American Residential Warranty is a joke if you purchase it. I would say it's the worst home warranty ever. I have a home and I am not a jack of all trades so that's why I purchased American ResidentIal WARRANTY. I recently literally has a hot water heater that was leaking when I came home that evening. There was just as much water in the garage as a full bath tub. Once before I had an emergency before where toilet was over flowing in my home like a swimming pool so I and called to placed an emergency claim and was told , we cannot get anyone to your home just call another emergency service and we will reimburse you the money just keep the receipt. Here I am again with truly another emergency and I knew it would be 24 hours before I would get assistance so I called another plumber 24/7 emergency service again which cost me $199.00 just to look at the water heater. Now the water heater has to be replaced and I am left with cold water to bath/shower in I am not a happy camper. Again I had to purchase a new water heater that was expensive to be installed. Ok I have to pay for emergency fee and a new water heater to be installed at my home and I call American Residential Warranty and assuming that I will get some type of money reimburse, wrong again. The customer service agents talked to me like I was an idiot or they were so un friendly. If I had to rate the customer service it would be a zero. The American Residential Warranty needs to realize customer pay a fee to them each month for a service that I personally never ever receive. Now I just see my money going in a hole and I am held hostage. The joke is on me I thought this time I picked a winner but American Residential Warranty was 10 times worst than the last extended home warrant I had. I said all this to warn you don't waste your money while lining the pockets for American Residential Warranty . They will gladly take your money every month and never provide the service that you deserve. Yes I am very upset but I pay American Residential Warranty every month on time and in return I receive Zero service when needed or an emergency such as this and the customer service agents from HELL. RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM SIGNING WITH American Residential Warranty . I cost me to learn a valuable lesson but your lesson can be free from my experience.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Dear Valued Customer, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you have described above and we would like the opportunity to look into it further. If you don't mind, please forward an email including your name, policy address and best contact number to [email protected] so we may initiate a full review into your experience. Once received and reviewed, a member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you accordingly to discuss your experience further. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Feb. 2nd, 2022

D. G. East Moline, IL

Customer service has been horrible. My furnace went out in November and I called ARW. Got a good response back and the sent it off to another company to deal with the issue. Didn't hear from the company for a couple of days, I had to contact them. They said they couldn't find someone in my area to do the work. It' below freezing and I have no heat and they don't call me to tell me they can't fix it. I was told by a representative on Saturday 11/20/2021 that I would hear from someone by Monday 11/22/2021. After I didn't hear from someone by Tuesday I had to call for the repair to be done because my house was 50 degrees and dropping. I didn't hear from anyone until 12/3/2021 saying they've been trying to reach me (? even though they have called me before so they have the correct number and I have no missed calls from them) to tell me they couldn't find someone in my area to do the work. It took me 5 minutes to find an HVAC perdon. They stated that I could get it done myself I just need to send the invoice to get reimbursed. I emailed the invoice on 12/7/2021 and per their standard procedures I have heard nothing back from them. I haven't received an email saying they got the invoice and I haven't received a check. I'm not sure how most companies work, but sounding nice on the phone and passing the buck to someone else doesn't work for me. 50 degrees in a house is extremely cold - I just wish ARW cared enough to do what I had paid them to do or to at least get me my reimbursement quickly. Obviously another company more concerned about making money than helping their clients.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Dear Valued Customer, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above, Please forward an email to [email protected] so we may initiate a full review into the outcome of the claim. Please include your name, policy address, phone number so we may verify your account. Once we have reviewed your account and claims history, a member of the Corporate team will be reaching out to you directly to discuss the outcome. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 25th, 2022

mannis8000 Atwood, IL

What a disgrace this company is! Their salesman lied to me. We have 2 houses and we canceled our old American Home Shield Warranty to sign up with American Residential Warranty because the salesman promised us it would be better. We are shocked at what we found out today! So today when we tried to use it for the first time they denied the claim. The representative was not very nice as well! We were very disappointed at how we were treated! They said we needed “additional coverage”. Nobody said we had the option for additional coverage. What a scam. Now the monthly premium is almost double what we were paying before! I have canceled both and I have to call the contractor myself to get this fixed.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Matt, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We are reviewing your account and a member of the Corporate team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your account moving forward. We thank you for your feedback, so we may review our business processes and hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around in the future. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 21st, 2022

John Burns Milton, FL

My AC went out on the 28th of December. The technician came out and stated that the accumulator had a leak. He submitted his proposal and estimate of repairs. The proposal was denied because the adjudicator stated that the accumulator was not part of the condenser. The AC tech had to come out on the 13th of January because I had no heat and the temperature in NW Florida was 35 degrees. I found out that the claim was denied from the tech not American Residential Warranty(no email, call, or letter was sent to me). I had to call to find out why the claim was denied and was told that the accumulator was not part of the condenser. The tech told me it was part of the condenser system. I called today, January 14th and after numerous transfers was told that the accumulator was not covered because: 1, I didn't have an AC advantage plan which would have covered this. I was never told that I needed the plan when I signed up for my Platinum Premier Plan. 2. Was told that the accumulator is not part of the condensing system and is not covered. I was informed because the condenser dumps into the accumulator(basically a reservoir for refrigerant), the accumulator was not part of the condenser. I am told that I would be responsible for the repairs and it is not covered. I am totally dissatisfied with this company. I will be cancelling my warranty with them. If this is how they treat customers, I will be their worst advertisement.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Mr. Burns, We apologize for the experience you describe above. Please send an email to our Claims team via [email protected] so we may review your claim with our team. Once the review is complete, a member of our Corporate Office will reach out to you directly to discuss the outcome of your claim. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 17th, 2022

Akhtar Husain Roswell, GA

Zero Star. ARW keeps sending un-qualified service providers for repairs. It took several 5 or 6 trips to repair microwave-oven combo unit. Service providers techs have no expertise to diagnosis of problem just changing parts. After 3 months of complaint unit is still not repaired. ARW guarantee of Repair or Replace is a FRAUD. I am now told to agree on Buyout and offering $153 for a GE unit that costs $3,000. Contract calls for $5,000 limit. Be AWARE every time ARW send out service provider it comes out of your contract. I don't know the MATH they are using. BOTTOM LINE- Stay away from this FRAUDELENT American Residential Warranty - America's Best - Worst Ever experience. Long wait times and in-experienced customer service. I have spent hours on the phone with No results. I am filing a complaint with Georgia Consumer Advocate and will take take action. THE Worst company and stay away.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Mr. Husain, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you have described above. We have reached out to our Claims Department for a full review into the outcome of your Microwave claim. A member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you in the immediate future to discuss the outcome of your claim, We appreciate the opportunity to review and hope to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 10th, 2022

Minh Do Los Alamitos, CA

This company will make it very tough to pay out anything. I purchased a Platinum Premier and my water heater broke down. The partner service company came to inspect after I paid them $70. The service company said they had to replace the water heater. However, the company said they won't pay for a replacement. They said the max they can do for me is to give me like a charity $350 to help me out after i had to pay out their service company $1850 up front. For getting this $350 approval is so tough that I have to spend like several hours calling them. Then, after another month, I still have not received any money from them yet. I am not so sure how others would rate them more than 2 stars

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Mr. Do, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you have described above. We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant department. We hope to one day have the opportunity to turn your experience around. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Dec. 30th, 2021

Renate Witt Alameda, CA

We had a plumbing problem on two of our toilets. They fixed the leak on one, but said the other had to be replaced and they would get back to me. I did not hear from either American Residential Warranty or the repair people. After about two weeks of constant calls to American and always being told they would call back in a few hours, they did not return our calls. After telling them finally I wanted to speak to a manager, I was told that the cost of repairing the leak was $450 and the maximum for fixing plumbing was $500.00. It would have been saving us a lot of waiting time and frustration to have been told that sooner. We finally had to call our own plumber and get a new toilet. This was very expensive and after paying $740 ARW, I will never us them again and I hope this review will help someone not make the mistake of going with this company.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Renate, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We have commenced a review into your claims history and a member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you to discuss your recent claims experience. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Dec. 21st, 2021

tkofsa San Antonio, TX

i called them you get a female voice asks the same question three times sends you to a male voice asks the same question then press 4 if you are in texas you get hung up on

Gwendolyn Weeks Columbia, SC

I have had coverage 2 years or more my first time making a claim I have been waiting almost a month for a part for my refrigerator in the mean time I have lost food. I was told it’s not their fault if my part is on back order. I wouldn’t recommend to anyone. I have made all the calls no one reached out to me. I am very dissatisfied!!!

Vincent Rawlings Reisterstown, MD

I recently filed a claim for my boiler system paid the deposit service charge and was told someone will be out to my house between 8am to 5pm, I should have suspected that it was phony! No one never showed up or even called to say that they were not coming. I took of from work lost pay. When I called to speak to a supervisor to remy the situation they never called me back! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER I WILL NEVER do business with them again I canceled my policy asap!! Save yourself the time and headaches!!

Dade Sherman Smithfield, NC

This is one of the worst companies I have dealt with. I turned in two (same) invoices for $300.00. They never paid and I spent 15 plus hours on the phone with them. Do NOT use this company. I tried for 3-4 months to get the $300.00 and they gave me the run around. Do not waste your time with them. I canceled BOTH of my policies! GOOD RIDANCE AND GOODBYE!!!!!!! I PAID THE $300.00 OUT OF MY FUNDS!!!!!!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Dade, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. Please forward an email to [email protected] so we may review your claims experience and a member of the Corporate team will reach out to you directly to discuss the outcome of the review. We thank you for your feedback so we may review our business processes. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Jan. 21st, 2022

Rose Watkins Evergreen Park, IL

I have been with American Residential Warranty for a number of years. The service call I put through the first part of November has not been resolved. Refrigerator not working probably food going bad. ARW giving me the runaround. The service department told them they couldn’t fix it. They still giving me the runaround, I have throw away so much food. Couldn’t have a Typical Thanksgiving Dinner or Christmas Dinner. Food would go bad. My opinion ARW has went down hill when taking care of the customer. It is now January 3 2022 still waiting on a resolution.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Rose, Thank you for reaching out to ARW Home. We deeply apologize for the unfortunate experience you have described above. We are working with our Claims Department to review and determine a resolution for you in the immediate future. Please direct all inquiries to our Corporate Escalations team via [email protected]om so we may also expedite any future requests. A member of our Corporate team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your experience further. We value you, as a customer and hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services.

Jan. 5th, 2022

Judy Quinlan Yerington, NV

I have been a customer for years, I had never made a claim before, but I had to makee 2 claims, before anything was said they wanted my credit card, took $55.00 for each claim. I have a thermostat in my oven that won't get to temperature unless I set it up to 400, just to get it to 350. Also on the second claim my dishwasher was leaking water all over the floor. I gave them the name of local repair place, I live in a rural area, and very limited on service people. Two days later I get a call telling me the company won't come out and do repairs. They tell me I will hear from someone with in 5 business days. It was almost 2 weeks and they call and say they will offer a buyout seeing I had 2 claims, they would send one thousand for each claim, get a check several weeks later and it was for only one thousand. I called and was treated very rudely, was put on hold for over 1 hour, and when I finally talked to someone they said a supervisor would call. I am a widow on a fixed income, and there is no way I can buy an oven for one thousand, let alone a dishwasher. I felt I was lied to, I told them they needed to be reported to the BBB that they take the money but won't give me the service. I told them to discontinue my service, I called this week to try and get through to a supervisor and was told that my payment had just been made , and seeing I no longer wanted their warranty did I want my money back? I will tell anybody who will listen, stay away from American Residential Home warranty. They will take your money, but not provide the service.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Judy, Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We have reached out to the Claims Department and requested a full review of the claims you have mentioned and requested they reach out to you directly with an outcome. A member of our Corporate team will also be reaching out to you once we hear back from the claims Department. Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact ARW Home Services via [email protected] We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Oct. 8th, 2021

Norma I Padilla Auburndale, FL

ARW is among one of the WORST & RUDEST companies I've EVER dealt with. To sell you their policy you would never know it! My atrocious experience with ARW is too extensive to put on paper. From the rudest customer service reps to absolutely clueless individuals, multiple and absolutely different information ( when calling about same workorder) and extremely long wait times, (which incidentally never experienced when first discussing purchasing their policy, (took several calls to commit)). Again, it is insane while simultaneously totally unacceptable what my family endured because of poor communication, lack of professionalism and basic common knowledge in order assist clients. And BTW, their automated service, pardon the expression, SUCKS!!!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Noma, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We would like to conduct a full review of your experience. Please forward an email to [email protected] with your address, phone number or any claim numbers associated with your policy. Once we have reviewed your account a member of our team will be reaching out to you to discuss your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Aug. 27th, 2021

cheryl1264 Cleveland, TX

I just got off the phone with one of the rudest, customer service people I have ever dealt with. First, she answered the call like I was bothering her or interrupting her day. There was not good afternoon, whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with or anything. When she asked for my name and phone number I gave it to her and then there was over 2 minutes of complete silence. When I asked if she was still there, she said yes , and she waiting on me to tell me what your claim was for, I told her she didn't ask. Then she said, well what is your claim for, when I told her there was at least 5 minutes of silence. I said mam are you still there, she answered yeah, again. Then she tried to tell me what was calling for wasn't covered. I told her yes it is covered, then there was more silence. There was no hold on let me check or anything, this went on for 22 minutes. When she got the claim filed, which I didn't know it was completed because she never told me it was completed. I waited at least a minute and half in silence, before I asked was that all, and she said yeah??? With an attitude. I don't care how good of service you all provide me now, my first contact with the company through your customer service is how I'm going to perceive ARW until I'm shown differently.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Dear Valued Customer, We are disappointed to hear about your unfortunate experience that you describe above. Please send us an email to [email protected] with your address and phone number associated with the policy and we will initiate a full review into your open claims. Once the review is initiated, a member of our Corporate team will be in touch to discuss next steps. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Aug. 24th, 2021

saran talib Garland, TX

I FILED A CLAIM AND DIDNT GET A CALL FROM THE SERVICE PROVIDER. I THEN TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO CONTACT SERVICE PROVIDER. LEFT A MESSAGE. CALL AMERICANT RESIDENTIAL AND EXPLAINED AND ALSO ADVSISED THE COMPANY THEY GAVE WAS NOT A PLUMBER IN WHICH MY CLAIM IS A PLUMBING ISSUE. THEY PLACED ME ON HOLD OVER 45 MIN. IN THE MEAN TIME WHILE ON HOLD I USED MY CELL PHONE TO CLL AGAIN. GOT SOMEO ONE AND EXPLAINED A SECOND TIME WHILE STILL ON HOLD WITH THE FIRST CALL. SHE SAYS ON THE SECOND CALL SHE CAN RE-DISPTACH MY SERVICE AND EXPEDITE TO A SUPERVISOR WHICH USUALLY TAKES ABOUT 2-3 DAYS FOR THEM TO GET THE SERVICE EXPEDITED. I ADVISED THATS NOT ACCEPTABLE . TRANSFER ME TO SOMEONE WHO COULD MAKE DECISIONS. I THEN GET DISPATCH ON THE FIRST CALL WHICH BY THE WAY IS A LAND LINE AND THEY ACT LIKE THEY CANT HEAR ME AND DISCONNECT THE CALL. I AM NO STILL ON HOLD WITH CALL NUMBER TWO AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHO IM HOLDING FOR.........SUPERVISOR, DISPATCH....WHO. AT THIS POINT I DONT WANT THIS SERVICE. I HATE I SWITCHED FROM MY PREVIOUS SERVICE ........MY CC HAS BEEN CHARGED THE FEE FOR THE CLAIM. NO STARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rand Shrader Kyle, TX

My AC failed ~3 weeks after I bought my house. I guess all/most of these companies only take the first months premium payment - yet cover nothing! When I called to inquire about the claim, I was informed that not only do they not cover the AC failure, but that I would not receive ANY AC system coverage until I provided them with all receipts from the repairs. That's not the worst. They HARASS like NO OTHER COMPANY I've ever experienced to try to continue receiving payments when one ends the disservice! Text messages day and late night - including weekends. Robo calls from call centers in India and the US - EVERY DAY despite having talked with them weeks ago and asking that the harassments ends! ARW is a shameful, shameless disgrace!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Rand, Thank you for your review. We deeply apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. We value your feedback and will use your experience to improve our business processes, particularly in our claims department. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

May. 26th, 2021

Rale Lpz Kennewick, WA

Horrible company! Please stay away. They will take your money every month but when is time to repair something they will not answer and will put you on hold for hours. Poor customer service and super rude people. We file a claim 2 months ago and have heard anything from them. When I called today they were very rude and keep transferring the call. I called 8 times nobody could help. My house almost cach on fire because they didn't fix anything and now we don't have A/C and they are not going to fix it because there is no way I can talk to someone. Please don't waste your money with this horrible insurance.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Rale, Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and will use your experience to improve our business processes. We deeply apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. Please send an email to [email protected] with your name, address and phone number associated with the policy and a member of our Corporate team will contact you following a review into your account. We appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

May. 11th, 2021

Sarfaraz Mandal Concord, NC

pathetic customer service I have been trying to cancel my policy and wanted to go to AHS instead. I was told initially that i just need to send the cancellation request in email. I sent that. I followed up every alternate day spending hours on call for refund status. I was advised initially that the refund would be sent to title company. Then I was told, the refund would be mailed to my address. After two weeks, i followed up on my refund status. All customer service representation gives different response. Hence I requested confirmation in email. I am still awaiting my refund. NB: I can share details on my policy and emails to prove the genuineness of my issue

Roger Thomas Naples, FL

You are the worst hime warranty company i have ever experienced, i have lived in Florida for 16 years in three different houses. I have had three different home warranty companies that came with each house...American Home Shield, 2-10 Home Warranty and you. We have only needed help a few times in 16 years. I have needed help from you twice in the past year and both times the service, tge contractors you sent and the followup have been terrible. Neither contractor you sent fixed anything. Both times i had to hire my own repairmen to get any service. Your company is awful. I will be contacting BBB and posting reviews everywhere i can about how bad your service is. Please cancel my plan with you. If there is another charge to my credit card i will dispute it and refuse payment. I am sorry I ever heard if your company.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Roger, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Dec. 14th, 2020

LaRita Collins Arlington, VA

The Worst Customer Service. I contacted ARW on Sunday regarding my heating system. While on the phone with a CSR, I pulled up my online account. The CSR could not locate my account. She tried numerous times. I could not understand why. When she transferred me to a supervisor, as I requested, I was on excessive hold and then directed to voicemail. I was unable to start the claim process for service. So, I called first thing Monday morning. Spoke with CSR Kaneta or something like that. When I asked if she could spell her name so that I could document whom I spoke with because of the issue I had previously, she said, "You didn't speak to me". I said I know, I need it in case I have any issues. She intentionally hung up on me. I called back, spoke to a supervisor, told him the issues, he said he would forward it up. I don't believe that he will. He, however, was able to pull up my account on the first try and initiate the service request. Go figure. I have been a customer for 10 years. This is not the first time customer service has been poorly received. It has happened several times. The CSRs don't care and it could be that they are not held accountable. After this claim is completed, I will be looking for another policy. I don't mind paying a bit more if it means I will be treated with respect. Unacceptable. I don't recommend this company to anyone. Suggestion: Invest more money in training your CSRs and less in advertising. There's obviously a GAP.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello LaRita, We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced surrounding your claim. We are investigating this matter and will be coaching the agents involved appropriately. Due to the interactions you've experienced, we would like to offer you a free deductible on us for your next claim. We will also be keeping an eye on this claim to ensure it goes smoothly, please let us know what is a good time to touch base with you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 20th, 2020

Crystal Williams ,

I don't like anything about this company. The service American Residential Warranty has provided is highly unacceptable. I've been waiting close to two weeks trying to get my hot water heater replaced. I call every day and I'm on hold for an hour and a half. Once the claims rep answers and pretend to help me they put me on hold and then they hang up. Not a single claims rep calls back to finish my complaint after they have hung up. I've called corporate and no one is answering. In fact, I'm holding on three different phone lines right now waiting on somebody to pick up! It's been 1 hour and 40 minutes and counting. I hate this company, I hate the service, I hate it! hate it! hate it! I'm really close to deploying and it's imperative that my hot water heater is replaced before I leave. I will make sure that all military personnel stay away from American Residential Warranty because they are not about putting the customers needs first. Im on day 13 without having any hot water in my home.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Crystal, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have escalated this to management and will have someone contact you directly with a resolution regarding your water heater claim. Please feel free to contact us at 888-508-8886 to speak with someone in our corporate office if necessary. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 29th, 2020

marie New York, NY

This company is horrible, i have been a customer over a year and they get paid on time every month !! i did a claim 9/8/20 for hot water tank and they have not yet approved it as of today which will be 2 weeks tomorrow and remember they get paid on time EVERY MONTH! so i paid out of pocket after a week went by, they don't care just want money. This claim should of been a severity 1, so if your contract covers your water heater you can believe they will have u go 1 , 2 weeks maybe a month with NO WATER before they decide to do anything. this makes absolutely NO sense, they keep you on hold for an hour or more then just drop calls even for supposeably the direct line for a supervisor... NOTHING!! i sent them copy of invoice & my receipt, they dont even have enough couth about themselves or their company to acknowledge they received it to say they are working on it. NOTHING! BBB advises to try and get resolved with the company myself, i have a feeling i will have to get my lawyer involved since this company apparently does not care about their customers on so many different levels.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Marie, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Thank you for allowing us to assist with this matter, should there be any other issues feel free to contact us as we would be more than happy to help, Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 29th, 2020

Mam Allen, TX

Fraudulent coverage period: After payment date, we need to wait for 30 days to have coverage start. The coverage will end 12 months from coverage start as per contract. (So, 13 months) However, when renewal period comes, they harass you to renew and will tell you coverage already ended 12 months from initial payment date which is violation of contract. They will call you from two numbers ( 1-855-416-7572 and 1-469-575-5159) to harass They did not cover two service calls. I had to call third parties to fix and pay them. So, no service calls to attend to for a year and the warranty premium has become free for ARW.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Mam, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Aug. 11th, 2020

kenneth von forell Seattle, WA

I have been a customer for 8 years. I have had a need to use them twice. The first time seemed simple enough. A built in microwave had the door bracket break. It was old enough that there were no parts available. I was sent a check, it didn't cover the total amount but I purchased and installed a new oven. It took 8-10 phone calls to get this simple process completed, all initiated by me. This past week I had a 15 year old dishwasher start leaking. I called the company, paid a $55 service fee I thought was to bring a contractor out to verify there was a problem, what it was and how to proceed. That $55 I learned however, was only to OPEN the case. The appointed contractor came in 3 days. Took out two screws from a panel, looked under the dishwasher, started the dishwasher, ran it through some cycles, and found a pin hole in a rubber gasket. The process took about no more than 20 minutes, he got on line, ordered the part. The part will take 3 weeks, he wouldn't reveal the price. He would tell me that install would me $300 minimum. He scheduled a 3 week call back to repair. I told him before he left that considering that cost, I might just take that money and purchase a new machine on my own. I wanted to talk to the adjuster about that. Each time I called this company from then on took a minimum 30 minute hold time. The first person I got was "claims in home office". But I found out later there is another claims department which is actually an AIG Insurance adjuster. The home office person told me that the coverage amount is $500, which was clear in the contract. He also told me that the limit also included any amount to asses the damage etc. In other words, the initial call, which I was told had been billed to them by the contractor at $245. So I put that with the $300 the contractor told me was minimum for his next call, and I am thinking, take the money and deal with it myself. After 3 calls to talk with 3 different adjusters, they are sticking with the repair. They are spending the entire $500 limit to replace a part on this 15 year old machine, rather than let me add my own funds and replace with a new machine. The customer service time is exhausting. The limits of $500 per appliance are way out of line with current costs if this repair in fact does run $500. The contracted service provider seems to be the only one making out on this deal. MY NEXT CALL TO THE COMPANY WILL BE TO CANCEL MY PLAN. LIMITS ARE TOO LOW, COSTS TOO HIGH, TERMS TOO RIGID, RESPONSE TO CUSTOMERS TOO SLOW. PUTTING THE YEARLY PREMIUM IN A RAINY DAY FUND MAKES MORE SENSE FOR ME.

Sandra Cooper Tacoma, WA

I am sure this will not make it to your website but here it goes anyway. I was a new customer and my range hood went out so I call and they took out $55.00 which I approved. After careful consideration as to how old the range hood was, I call American Residential Warranty back and told them to cancel the order. The lady said fine and would credit my account back. It has almost been a month and after several calls, one 18 minutes on hold and over an hour on hold again, I was assured that I would receive my deposit back. I just called again and was on hold 12 minutes with no response. I have cancelled my account and have gone to a more reputable company. Good luck customers!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Sandra. We apologize for any inconvenience, our records show that a member of our claims team was able to process your request of your trade service fee refund. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 15th, 2020

Ken s Westwood, NJ

Thought company was good when signing up very attentive so I switched from ahs. I think I made a mistake. Fridge went had appointment they never showed said next appointment was 2 weeks out that was not acceptable. They than got me a& e which was a very well known company but it took a week to get an appointment made nobody called us from arw we had to wait on hold over 2 hours just to be told they will call back guess what we had to call them. The technician arrived but wanted us to sign a waiver if he broke the door it would void contract we refused and nobody from the company called us again called and emailed another week we were told they can only issue a check for 300 cause the service person couldn’t open door. Why would I sign a waiver to have the warranty voided if he broke it so we settled on the 300 as we needed a fridge and it’s going on 4 weeks. I think I will look elsewhere as customer service takes forever the warranty isn’t as stated if he can’t open it it should be covered . But if you need to purchase a warranty they pick up very fast they should put there resources in service where it’s needed. So I will be out the difference on the fridge and will end my warranty with them and return to ahs

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Ken, We apologize for the long hold times you may have experienced. Due to impacts of COVID-19, customers may experience longer than normal waits. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jun. 11th, 2020

Marquis McGraw New Haven, CT

Stay away. We had a water leak in our pipes, found out it was a bad valve. I explained it to the company who told me they could not find anyone to come out in my area. 3 days later with water continuing to flow in my basement I called myself and got a company. I called ARW and once again explained what was found. They told me because I found the company I have to pay out of pocket and they will reimburse the cost. Again I needed clarity and explained the problem that caused everything. Yes, sir no problem we will email you the link. Cool, we pay the bull which is over 2k only to find out 29 days later that ARW doesn't cover it and we are stuck with this bill. Complete rip-off. Had they told us this from the beginning when I fully explained to the rep what happened this could've been avoided. Don't get me started on my dryer that is still broken after being serviced 3 times. Some may have positive stories but I'm having a bad experience with this company.

Toni Yagirl Miami, FL

I am very pleased. I placed a service request on November 6 2019 regarding my garage opener. As of today /13/2020 I still have not gotten my garage fixed. After two weeks I called for a status. The agent didn't have any information. I receive called the next day that I was supposed to go online and pick my garage opener and get the item number and call American Residential back. I provided the item number. There days later I received a call I went over the limit and I would have pay an additional $100 outside the deductible I already paid. I was never given a limit. It was a $350 limit that included labor. Was never told any of this. Well the garage opener was ordered on December 16th. I was told it will be mailed to me 6 t0 7 business days. I called on December 30th and was told there garage opener will be delivered to Lowes. The repair man came out on 1/13/2020 and guess what he didn't have the garage opener nor did I. It is still at Lowes. I am very upset and not happy at all. Now I have to go pick it up and reschedule another appointment

Tyrone simon Fayetteville, NC

BEWARE! RIP OFF ALERT!!!!! This company lied from day1. It was only discovered when I utilized the services. 1. I was told if a repair could not be fix after the 3rd attempt, it would be replaced. Their Agreement has verbiage to that effect, but when I requested replacement (after the 4th attempt to repair the item), I was meet with excuse after excuse and long hold time on the phone. I was informed about the Arbitration process, where once you sign a contract with this company, you give up your rights to have your case heard by a judge or jury (again, this information is comes after you sign the contract). End result, I am out over $1K with this company, broke Ice Maker, and damaged wooden floors. WARNING, DON'T LEARN THE HARD WAY LIKE MYSELF! TO ALL MY MILITARY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU MAY IT!

Juan McMinnville, OR

My refrigerator went out 4 months ago they say they will fix or replace it on their comercial, but in reality they dont they give you a fraction of the replacement cost if its unfixable like mine and got a check for $375.00 because they also deduct the cost of the service call to the total they give. Also my water heater went out and i have no hot water i called a week ago and no service yet they say they cant find a repair company in the area and that it would be 3 to 4 days more for their resolution team to call with some alternative way to service it. Dont buy this crapy service companies policy i would recomend Sears warranty or even American Home Shield they are cheaper monthly and i have friends that have them and no issues when having service. I would give a negative star rating if it was possible.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Juan, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Oct. 31st, 2019

Vince Palm Springs, CA

I put in a claim 3 weeks ago with ARW, regarding my pools heater. After going back-and-forth and back-and-forth between the ARW And the company they recommended . I just keep getting the run around . Finally today, after I contacted the Better Business Bureau I got a response from them denying my claim. They said that my pool heater was damaged by chemicals. My pool is a salt water pool, and other than salt being put in there have been no other chemicals put into the pool. I contacted the manufacturer of the pools heater and they told me the average life expectancy of their Pool heater is 7 to 10 years. My pool is now 10 years old. They said that the pools valves and gaskets will deteriorate after time, just because the fact that it's water. And water does cause rust As well as deterioration . Now, i just contacted my pool builder, and his company also does the pool maintenance on my pool. They said that it was no fault of my own that the heater has failed.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Vincent, From our records, it looks like you have been in communication with a customer care manager. Please expect a follow-up call within 24-48 hours, if there are any questions in the meantime please feel free to reach out. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 12th, 2019

Jialin Dai Fontana, CA

I purchased this warranty based on the review. But I am so disappointed with this company. Looks it is trying to get all of my money. I paid the full year at once time. And I claimed one service with my water heater pipe leaky. And then after one month, I called to get another service with water heater no hot water. They set an appointment for me for the next four days. But on the appointment day, nobody showed up until I called, they told me they made a big mistake to send a different state company to me. Then they said they would make another appointment in two days. They did not care whether we had hot water use at all. Then they also told me that since I can only use $300 to fix the water heater, with the first $295 fixing the pipe, I only have $5 to use for the next time. I do not understand about it since I paid $55 trade fee every time. So I canceled the plan. But I only got $22 back( I paid $595 for the full year)after three months using with this home warranty. They told me that the $295 fixing fee should be paid by me and trade call fee and three months fee and $49 cancellation fee should be paid by me which I only got $22 back. I never met this kind of company. It is not my fault to cancel the warranty. They are not doing service right and also has the strange policy which fools the people. I have very bad experience with this company and would tell everyone about the situation. Do not use this company at all.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Jialin, We are looking into this matter here at the corporate office and will be working on an amicable resolution and will be providing you an update as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We will be in touch soon. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 3rd, 2019

Joe Baust St Louis, MO

Calling to receive service is NEVER smooth. Often the operators have difficulty understanding my problem or understanding what I am saying. For sure they understand how to collect the fee…that is never a problem. Invariably I have had to kick my claim up the corporate chain…painful and time consuming. I had a toilet not working…turned a claim in and used a local, reliable plumber. Then I was told I had a limit of $300 a year for plumbing…”Read your contract” I was told. The very next day I turned in the bill with sufficient justification and info. Received, one month later a request for a more descriptive account of what was done including cost per part, time per part for install. This has happened several times now…this drags out for whatever the reason may be…but is disconcerting. This process is so burdensome at times you want to pull out your hair. Have been with this company for several years…and have stayed with them, but the process for filing claims is becoming more and more egregious. So I kick up things to a higher level…it should not be that difficult. It does not have to be that way. A warranty is a fail-safe for a customer. When a customer spends an inordinate amount of time trying to get things done in a timely way, get a repair person that in one case would have been 12 days, find your own repair person, submit a bill and claim, follow-up to get it paid, are told the claim is insufficient and you need to follow up, obtain a denial, go through the process again…the cost in time and personal worries makes one wonder whether the whole concept is worth it. It does not have to be this way!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Joe, Thank you for the kind review. We are pleased that you're satisfied with our company. We work hard to provide the best service to our customers. If there's anything that we could do, please let us know. We look forward to continuing to provide warranty protection for your home. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Apr. 2nd, 2019

Hannah Nolte Gatesville, TX

We have been with American Home warranty for over a year now. The first time we made a claim for a plumbing issue they said it wasn’t covered. The second time we made a claim for our a/c, they didn’t have any repair techs in the area that contracted with them so they said we could find our own. We did and submitted the repair bid which they approved. We sent the paid bill to them for reimbursement and they told us that because the unit is over 10 years old that they are only obligated to pay 50% of the bill. They never said anything about this until after we had paid the repairman. Very disappointing. Had we known all these things, we would never have gone with this company.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hannah, We are sorry to learn that your are not satisfied with your warranty coverage. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate a customer account with your name in Gatesville. If in fact you are an American Residential Warranty Customer and not with one of the many other warranty companies, we would very much like to review your claim and learn more about what happened. Please reach out to our corporate customer care team and ask them to initiate a review. We will also send you a private message so we can gather more information and hopefully provide an amicable resolution. Kind Regards, American Residential Warranty

Mar. 6th, 2019

REGINNA M HALL Columbia, SC

I started out thinking what a great deal when purchasing this home warranty but I will most likely go back to American Home Shield as soon as my issue is resolved. If it ever gets resolved. I called in a work order for my dryer not working. The company contracted came 3 WEEKS AGO and told me it was the door switch or door latch that was the issue. So I was told it would be in 3 or 4 days... week 1 NO response. I called in o week 2 and Cunningham Appliances said it should be in my Monday ( 3 days after my call.) Then NOTHING. I call back end of week two a d I am told by Cunningham Appliances he spoke with then and it was mailed and I should have it Saturday or Monday. Again nothing. I called American Residential who does call Cunningham Appliances and they tell ARW it's on back order AFTER he just told me the part was in the mail. Really. ARW tells me what Cunningham Appliances told them and I know it's a lie because Cunningham Appliances told me the part was in the mail and had been shipped. I have checked with 3 companies that make this part for my model number dryer and it's in STOCK. This service sucks and I will be calling in a complaint with the BBB and ARW today. After I get my dryer repaired or my $55 back I will cancel and return to American Home Shield.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Reginna, We are very sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would like to do everything we can to get the issues resolved with the dryer claim. Hopefully we can turn this review into a 5 stars. We have escalated this to our claims team and a supervisor will be reaching out to you. Warm Regards, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 8th, 2019

Ashfaq Rehman Burlington, NJ

I called for Plumbing Repair work for my Bathroom and representative asked me the copayment of $55.00 which I had paid on phone. when they send the Plumber he assessed the issue and called American Residential Warranty company for Work Approval then I received the call from ARW that they do not cover this kind of plumbing work so I asked my co-payment refund and they denied to refund my copayment refund. why I pay the copayment for the service which I did not received. it is a worse company and their Customer service is so bad. now I am trying to reach their supervisor to talk about my refund but they transfer me from one place to another. Oh God help me to get my refund Back!!!!!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Ashfaq Rehman, We apologize about the issue you experienced when filing a claim. Please review the private message we have sent, so that we can review the claim and potentially come to an amicable resolutions. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 5th, 2019

C. KEMP Boca Raton, FL

We are familiar with Home Warranty Co’s and the good ones are worth having - That said, American Res Warranty in FL, were the Absolute Worst! Countless attempts to get a Rep to File a Claim. The 1 Rep we got didn’t listen to our issue, cutting us off by stating, “We don’t cover that issue”. It was ridiculous- We asked for a Supervisor. Waiting 1 year for that Returned Call! Of course we tried to call 37 times, 14 emails to every Dept to NO AVAIL. We tried to get a REFUND & still NO RESPONSE; NO CLAIMS CAN BE FILED; NO Coverage on ANY Claims when FINALLY reaching A REP; followed by, NONSTOP Harassing SALES CALLS BEGIN when the POLICY EXPIRES exceeding 12 PER DAY, ALL WEEK LONG until we threatened with our legal counsel. It was THE MOST RIDICULOUS waste of MONEY & TIME as they are ABSOLUTELY SCAMMERS. NO REFUND on Fraudulent Coverage we paid over $780 for and received NO SERVICE on valid covered items, NO RESPONSE FOR a SUPERVISOR to Review or Simply CALL US BACK. Also, PHONES SHUT DOWN midday when you attempt to call in a claim. The only time you’ll get through is on a SALES CALL.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi C. Kemp, We apologize for the issues you encountered when filing a claim. We would value the opportunity to look further into your experience. We have sent you a private message so that can learn more. We look forward to speaking with you further. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Feb. 5th, 2019

Kim B Marion, IL

Odds are my review won't even be shown. Service is horrible. I have waited almost 3 weeks on a garbage disposal to be replaced.

Isabel Vasquez Atlanta, GA

It's a joke company, don't worst your money. Nothing good can be said about the company, I can't said anything good because they only make fun of the customer.

Karen Jensen Mission Viejo, CA

My ice maker leaks. My freezer door is frozen shut and is very difficult to use. Yet I’m told it’s my responsibility to pay for repairs to the door after paying the premium for 10 months without using the warranty and $55 to open this claim! The customer service person, Monica, was rude, slow to respond and very difficult to understand. I felt brushed off rather than assisted. Plus she would not allow me to speak to a supervisor!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hi Ms. Jensen, We apologize for the unfortunate experience you describe above. Please forward an email with your policy address and phone number so we may look into your claim and complete a full review. Once we have verified your account, a member of our team will reach out to advise of the status of the review. We hope to have the opportunity to turn your experience around. Sincerely, ARW Home Services

Sep. 20th, 2021

Denise Gaskins-Pena MA

They contracted a plumber to fix my disposal. The contractor informed me there were rocks blocking my disposal from working. He couldn't fix it!! They didn't have any other contractors!! I had to wait a month to get my $55 credited and then American Home Warrenty charged me $10 over my regular monthly payment when they had Covid-19 lower prices, WOW. Customer service does not exist.

Dan Whitaker Eagle Mountain, UT

Absolutely TERRIBLE. I've been on hold for HOURS over the last 5 days trying to get them what they promised to do and what I pay $200 per month for. They don't answer emails, texts, phones or anything. And they have 11 phone numbers -- I've tried them all multiple times. Just trying to get a water heater replaced. The Service Provider looked at it and they've been trying to get hold of ARW too. HORRIBLE service, horrible response.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Dan, Our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, our records show you have made contact with the claims office. Please feel free to send us a direct message or reach out to our corporate office as we would be more than happy to assist. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Sep. 22nd, 2020

Marisol Los Angeles, CA

You guys are the worst home warranty. When I call for claim every time you have to know the model and Serial number of the product and most time you say it’s not in your system. The company’s you send out do not do there job or do not come out to check the product. You guys take advantage of people and don’t give the right Reimbursement back. Cause you say the older the product is the less reimbursement you get back.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Marisol, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 23rd, 2020

loretta aguilar Portales, NM

I called them to come work on my air conditioning and they put free on in it but they did not pay but maybe a 4th of what it cost so I payed more out of pocket plus a 55 dollar service fee and the people they came out fixed it told me I should go with a different company cause they have had a lot of complains about them. When I called to cancel policy they said they didn't having think saying I canceled so they still charged me again cannot get money back called 3 times everyone says something different.

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Loretta, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 10th, 2020

Ethan Verhagen South Holland, IL

This company is messed up! I made a claim after 45 days my ceiling fan broke, they said someone would call in 48 hours, no one did. I called and they said to go to lowes web site and pick it out up to 150. no one called again then they called and said call lowes directly and they have an installer to put it in. later the next day they said they denied the claim? then I called about my A/C they gave me a company that is out of business with a bad number? then they transferred me and I have been on hold for 45 minutes no answer yet. don't use this company!

Reply from American Residential Warranty

Hello Ethan, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around and look into this issue. Please send us a direct message with any details from the claim such as claim number, approximate date of claim placed, etc. as we would be more than happy to initiate a full review. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, American Residential Warranty

Jul. 10th, 2020