Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Carlos Balderrama Milford, OH

It was easier than I expected to get it scheduled and fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carlos. It is so wonderful that your repair need was taken care of with ease. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service for your next repair.

JAY K WEXLER Holiday, FL

Responded quickly. Prices are good and staff was professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jay, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kimberly Henning Des Moines, IA

Fast response time, easy to work with, good value for the price

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kimberly, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Barbara Collins Belton, TX

They were quick to respond to my need. The problem was fixed within 24 hours

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Barbara, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Virginia Garner Odenton, MD

To date, the contractors were professional, skilled, courteous and timely.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Virginia, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Alethea M Williams Chester, PA

They are true to their word and work to get what you need in a timely fashion

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Alethea, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Yorodiakite Diakite Philadelphia, PA

The customer service is very welcome them o was expecting and I love it

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Yorodiakite, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Raghu Kundurthi Shawnee Mission, KS

In the past 5 yrs, I have had a brand new A/C, brand new HVAC, Dishwahser and a new sump pump ! So , I would strongly urge folks to have the peace of mind and invest in safeguarding your biggest investment , your home! The customer service folks are very helpful, the vendors are all experienced and turnaround timentoncompletenthe job is usually week or two but is driven by the problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Raghu. We really appreciate your time in reviewing your experiences with AHS. It's great to hear that you are using your warranty and finding the value in the coverage we offer. We look forward to taking care of your next repair with the same level of service.

Jul. 29th, 2021

Dr. Theron G. Snider III Albany, GA

The first provided service company scheduled a visit on Friday after the call to AHS on Thursday---Then the company did not came to fix the stopped up kitchen sink on Friday but called and informed us that they only provided the service on Fridays and therefore we would have to wait a week until the next Friday. After several calls and much frustration a different company was assigned for the problem. The second company was able to come on Saturday and did an excellent job in resolving the stoppage problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Theron. We thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your service experience from the second vendor. We look forward to providing you with a great experience for your next repair need.

Jul. 20th, 2021

Kim Thompson Birmingham, AL

The service is great. Your processes are well honed. I've had to use the service about three times. I make a call or go online file the request and my job is done. Then within minutes, I get my appointment time with the service person and it's always within a day or two. No down time dealing with the problem. And the service people that come are always excellent.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Kim. Your positive review means so much to us. We are thrilled that you have had great experiences with our company. We value you as our member and we will work very hard to provide you with this same level of service for each of your home repair needs. Thank you for trusting American Home Shield.

Jul. 16th, 2021

Willie J Reese Jr Columbia, SC

They always take care of any thing that breaks down in my home recently my air conditioner went out my wife has stage four cancer they got each part but more parts broke down they just replaced it the only thing I suggest is they should of given us a air conditioner just to stay cool that's the type of company I like just like with your cars the insurance people give you a loaner American Homeshield should do that as well

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Willie. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the service you are receiving. We hope to provide you with a better experience in future if you may need service for your air conditioining but we are glad to hear that currently the matter has been resolved.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Mary Mertz Westerville, OH

My air conditioning was not working and it was very warm -- 85 degrees plus outside. I submitted a claim and within 1 day the repairman came and it was luckily a simple fix for him. He told me himself how great American Home Shield is-- they don't argue with him over costs when something is clearly needed. This was my first claim and I'm very satisfied.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary. This is so great to hear. We really appreciate you taking time to let us know that your problem was resolved so effectively. We look forward to working with you again and thank you for choosing AHS as your home warranty company.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Theresa Bush Tyler, TX

We bought a 20 year old home last year. With that has been problem after problem with plumbing, electrical issues and of course old I am so glad that we decided to get American Home Shield. They have assisted us in many ways that could have been a lot of out of pocket expense for us otherwise. AHS stands behind their promise to be there when needed. I will always have AHS coverage and recommend it to everyone I know.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Theresa. We really appreciate the positive review. We are so excited you are finding the value in your home warranty and we look forward to taking of your repairs needs again. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Kathryn Dawley Cantonment, FL

They've been great to work with over the many years we've had them. They've been out to fix things from the in ground pool pump to replacing glass 5 burner stove top and a top of the line refrigerator. As a former Realtor I had many customers who used American Home Shield. I never received anything but thanks for suggesting that they consider a home warranty with their purchase or sale. It's an investment in their future. Just like any insurance. There when you need it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathryn, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the pool pump, stove, and refrigerator repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars, as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Kenneth Dunn North Las Vegas, NV

My garage door started acting strange. I called AHS and they immediately set me up with a specialist that called me in less than an hour. They came the next day and took care of the problem. Without AHS I probably would have wasted a lot of time and money trying to get my issue resolved. I have been a customer with them for about 6 years now. I'm glad I signed up for AHS Coverage.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kenneth, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the garage door repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars, as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Kathleen Griffin Gilbert, AZ

My experience with American Home Shield has been excellent. Yes, one summer my air conditioning went out, and although the first company to diagnose and replace the unit did not provide the correct unit. Suffice it to say, it was a long summer, and AHS stood behind its warranty and my unit was replaced. With all other calls, I have found the contractors to be knowledgeable, professional and solve the issues. I would not be without AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathleen, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

robert kaelin Lehi, UT

I submitted a work request on my air conditioner on line and I received a confirmation within 10 minutes. I was told a service representative would contact me within 24 hours. I received a call from the technician in 10 minutes saying he was in the area and would be there in 10 minutes. He arrived on time and diagnosed the problem replaced the part and was done in 30 minutes. excellent service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Courtney Las Vegas, NV

American Home Shield has covered parts for my water heater and air conditioning unit. Every time I got service appointments within a day of making my claim. The claim process is easy, their rates are reasonable and their staff is professional. Overall I would recommend AHS in every way. They bring a sense of security for when things go wrong and they cover so many things.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Courtney, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jun. 15th, 2021

Jerry YoungBey Clinton, MD

American Home Shield is the best way to go when owning a home. They get the job done in a reasonable time fram, and it is all professionally taken care of. You pay very little for any and every brake down Home Shield covers. I am happy to have this coverage, because I could had never been able to pay for all of the brake downs for pluming, electrical ,oven and microwave repairs and brand new rellacements.a

Reply from American Home Shield

Jerry, thank you so much for such a positive review. We are so excited you are finding the value in your warranty coverage. We look forward to working with you for your future repair needs as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Jun. 16th, 2021

Al Groman Virginia Beach, VA

The sub contractors are truly professional, even when dispatched to a product they are not authorized to repair. My recent experience with my Florida water to air heat pump is a classic example.The technician advised me upon arrival that he was heating and cooling trained, but never worked on a geo thermal unit. Fortunately the unit was intermittent and has worked fine for the past week. I have used this companyy for major appliance repairs in the past and both times the diagnostics and repairs were flawless.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Al. We truly appreciate you taking time to tell us about your AHS experience. We want you to know you can count on us to take care of your repairs needs. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

Jun. 16th, 2021

Henriette Carlson Kent, WA

Working with AHS has been so much better than I ever expected. The immense stress of having something breakdown is greatly reduced. I only had one incident happens during that was with my pool. I had listed many items as far as outdoors including my pool. When something happened with my pool I was told it wasn't noted in the contract. I missed it in my review of contract. I wasn't allowed to add it and had to wait until the anniversary of my contract. Other then that, all has been good.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Henriette, thank you for taking time to tell us about your AHS service experience. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate yourunderstanding in having to wait until the renewal to add the pool coverage. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Tracey Horton Austin, TX

I wrote a very negative review a couple of weeks ago that stated after being told to call an outside contractor for an emergency on a weekend and would be reimbursed, then I was told no I would not be reimbursed. However, after reading my review, I was contacted and will be reimbursed. I am very happy as I knew this was simply not fair. Thank you very much for making this right. I really appreciate it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tracey. Thank you for rating your service experience. I'm sure it is frustrating if you were given incorrect information and paid out of pocket for repairs. We would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

Jun. 4th, 2021

Susan Dunhour Hockessin, DE

My call was processed quickly and the repair service contacted me immediately.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Susan, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

George Borden Lake Forest, CA

Quick Response, follow up on service, listen to customer concerns about their need.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi George, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kathryn Carr Wilmington, NC

Always quick to get service to us and we've always been happy with the contractors sent out.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathryn, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Carl Jackson Faison Boykins, VA

Problem (leaking refrigerator) was solved. Technician was polite and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carl, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Nov. 18th, 2021

Zack Kantor Sanger, CA

Ease of use. Competitive pricing. Good options to customize home warranty. Quick response time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Zack, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Douglas L Jaykins Roseville, CA

It was painless and easy! We saved thousands of dollars thanks to American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Douglas. Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you have been pleased with the coverage we offer. Please continue to let us know how we are doing. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Bob Wood Cincinnati, OH

Quick response to our furnace repair . Tech showed on time and made repair quickly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bob. It is really great to hear the issue with your furnace was resolved so quickly. It is our goal to provide you with this same level of service when ever you need us. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Igor Gilroy, CA

Easily accessible. I was able to make a claim and have service for my equipment fast and easy

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Igor. It is so wonderful to know that you were able to request service with ease. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service again.

Chapman Louisville, KY

No problems and good contractors. The price is affordable and easy access online.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chapman. Thank you for the positive feedback. We know how important it is to provide service our members can count on and we are so happy you are finding the value in your AHS warranty coverage.

Nancy Eckerman Cuyahoga Falls, OH

My furnace was inspected well. I feel confident to get through this winter with a clear system.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nancy. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about your repair experience. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Constantine Kazakos Mc Lean, VA

Good service and knowledgeable personnel. Good experience. I will use HSA again in the future

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Constantine. We are so excited to know how happy you have been with the service from HSA. We really appreciate you taking time to write a review. We look forward to working with you again.

David Yancy Henderson, NV

Great vendors, excellent customer service timely, and vendors have great technicians.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Eddie Rivera Las Vegas, NV

Ease of access online, quick response, professional technicians and quality work.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eddie, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Maggie Korslin Stoughton, WI

The woman helping me was very thorough and knowledgeable as well as friendly and patient.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maggie. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We are so happy to hear that the agent provided the help you needed. We want you to know you can always count on AHS.

Willie Kirkland Memphis, TN

As soon as I called AHS, they got on my issue immediately. I will recommend them to others.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Willie. Thank you so much for expressing how pleased you have been with AHS. It is our goal to provide you great service with each of your repair requests. We are so glad that you choose AHS.

Corine Harrison Fairburn, GA

Everything was handled in a timely manner and I receive the parts needed for my stove

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Corine, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

JACINTA PEEL Panama City Beach, FL

Every time I have used them they have resolved the issue in a fast and friendly manner

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jacinta, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Ludivina Garza Brownsville, TX

They get things done in a timely manner. Customer service is very understandable of situations.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ludivina, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Nicole Davis Evergreen Park, IL

Very Knowledgeable great customers service, The service my home within the call time

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nicole. We greatly appreciate your time to provide a review of your experiences. It's very good to hear that we are meeting your expectations of service. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Georgianna DeMory Wheaton, IL

One situation and the response was quickly, the professional person they sent was exactly what I was looking for. He address and corrected my problem. The first time I called was an issue of removing one old washer and connecting a new one. That was in January and I wish I would have gotten the same person to schedule, but he said they could not schedule it. There was no explanation for it except no. As a result I had to hire a dishonest plumber who cheated me on price and stated he did more than he did. I disputed his work with the credit card company, he lost and now is threatening me that he is turning me over to collections when he paid half of his cheating request. I only would like to know why I got a refusal from American Shield, and I am not through with the other man’s threats. This could have ended differently.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Georgianna, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

May. 22nd, 2021

Jera N Dick Denton, TX

Our repair man was kind and really tried to help me understand the issue with my refrigerator. It is working great now!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jera, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Kim Crowther-Tyson Upper Marlboro, MD

Representatives very knowledgeable about the policies of the company, friendly, patient and understanding.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kim. Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing about your positive experiences. We always want you to know you can count on the service we provide. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Darla J Vasilas Ocala, FL

AHS notified me to set up an inspection of my furnace prior to cold season. My previous service never did that.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Darla, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Debbie Lane Abilene, TX

Very prompt. The companies that are chosen to fix your problem have been very professional and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Debbie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jehanne Carlos Kissimmee, FL

Absolutely seamless and quick process. The customer service is always kind and willing to help and find a resolution

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jehanne, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jenilee Las Vegas, NV

She was helpful, made sure that what I was inquiring for was covered under my plan and very professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jenilee, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Leslie Cox Queen Creek, AZ

I had three different services done in in less than a week. AHS was responsive,mfast and efficient.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Leslie. Thank you for letting us know about your experiences with AHS. We strive to provide prompt and professional service for our members. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do that for you.

Misty Marie Kleinrichert Osceola, IN

They were right on it with my situation i had!!no hesitation what so ever..would highly recommend having this!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Misty. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service again.

Nov. 8th, 2021