Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

Aleo K Foday Las Vegas, NV

I placed at least five calls with them, they were able to resolve them. But work order for the kitchen faucet and instant hot faucets took about three months. However, it was finally replaced with less quality faucets.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aleo, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jul. 6th, 2021

Nadia Pendleton Laurel, MD

Quality contractors with prompt service. They also adhere to their policy that if an appliance can't be fixed, they will replace it. They've replaced our oven and washing machine.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nadia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jul. 1st, 2021

Kira Dunn Elk Grove, CA

AHS is responsive to service requests, and sends out professionals in a timely manner. It feels good to know we are covered in case of problems that would otherwise cost a great deal to fix.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kira, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jul. 1st, 2021

Stephanie Sanchez Hacienda Heights, CA

The contractors I've had for my rental property are wonderful. For my primary home not too happy, except for the plumbing Co in Whittier that put new plumbing throughout my home. A/C guys were terrible.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stephanie. Thank you for taking time to rate your repair experiences. Your feeback is valued and it lets us know what we are doing right and also what we need to work on. We hope to provide you with a better experience for your primary property for your future repair needs.

Ralph Woodstock, GA

Excellent service and response time. First appointment was to far out. I called customer service and they rescheduled with another vendor. That vendor was out the next morning.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ralph, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Sherrie Schlappy American Fork, UT

So helpful and very quick to get things moving . There was no wait in getting the repair taken care of. The companies they use are reliable and take care of the problem quickly .

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sherrie, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Teresa Barnett Vancouver, WA

Washer was unrepairable so they selected 3 new compailrable washers to choose from without any hassle or questions. They just took care of the problem as the com.ercial says.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Teresa. We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service experience for your clothes washer. We appreciate you taking time to let us know how we are doing and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Judy Yellow Springs, OH

Over the past three years I've needed repairs four times. Every time, it has been super easy to make the claim, and the contractor sent out was professional and did a great job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Judy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Joseph Mater O'fallon, IL

Was initially set up with a contractor for AC, but they could not come out for 4 days. I called AHS back and the representative worked to find a company that could come out sooner...they came the next day and were great!

Reply from American Home Shield

Good evening Joseph, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience to have the AC system repaired. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Virginia Khdeir Summerville, SC

As soon as I called American Home Shield with my A/C issue they had assigned a company who called me right away to schedule an appointment. They came out and fixed everything and was professional and friendly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Virginia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Christopher M Hawley Loganville, GA

I have never had an issue with Home Shiedl and I always reach out to you through FaceBook and it actually seems that I have become friends with those that answer me back. I know they all know me through Facebook.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christopher, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

George Sears Riley, KS

Fast response via email, less then the 24 hrs timeframe when I was contacted via email for scheduling a time and the company that will be contacting me. overall great response time. Dehart Plumbing has always been great.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi George, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Angela Chaney Belleville, IL

The is is extremely user friendly, soon after I hit submit shortly later I received a call set up an appt within 48 hours. The technician was friendly, knowledgeable resided the issue

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Angela, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Kathryn J Jedlick Pittsburgh, PA

American home shield is very helpful with getting things fixed. I have used them on 5 different occasions. In all of those occasions all i was responsible for was my service charge. I have had my A/C fixed, dishwasher & fridge replaced. A clogged drain in clogged.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathryn, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jun. 14th, 2021

Erin Cafagna Tolleson, AZ

Great first experience. Very quick repair service, scheduled fast and very efficient. Technician had to get approval from AHS to replace racks in our dishwasher. I figured this would take at least 1 week, but he got the approval on 1 day!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erin, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jun. 14th, 2021

Bill Conway Wayne, PA

Coverage and their contractor. I’m giving them the Covid consideration. It’s been tough on us all. But I was on hold for over 6 hours with regard to one claim. That’s really bad. To top it off the call disconnected by itself.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bill, thank you for letting us know about your repair experience. Your feedback lets us know when we need to make changes and we understand long hold times can be very frustrating. We will strive to provide you with a much better experience in the future. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Larsenia Overstreet-Steele Fairfield, AL

Because they are knowledgeable and kind and friendly ,helpful and answer all questions and don’t hang the telephone until you are satisfied with your needs and I would recommend them to anyone who need some help with anything they need and I am not just writing this i really mean everything I have said and you have a Blessed day

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larsenia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Margaret Fraze Santa Rosa, CA

Although I have paid for the coverage for several years, I haven't had to contact them because I didn't have any appliance problems. However, when I did contact them for an AC problem, they responded and repaired the item quickly, so I was very satisfied with the service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Margaret, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Edward F. Rosa Escondido, CA

AMS responded in a timely manner. The Sears technician was on time and completed his task in a short time. He even found a potential problem and fixed it. This saved us another service call. even found a problem we did not know existed spotted

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Edward, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Trish Miles Baldwin City, KS

Since the first time I needed American Home Shield to the present time, they have always been there for me. They respond in a timely manner to my service requests and have been fair inn their decisions regarding replacement vs repair.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Trish, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Garnepudi Houston, TX

Service is prompt and the technicians are professional, the amount of time to service is quick. Answers all the questions and some the problems in time. I recommend to my friends. Great money saving opportunities for any home owner. Thanks.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Garnepudi, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Marilyn S Sauerberg Dundee, IL

I had a problem of water leaking from my water heater and AHS sent out a plumber to diagnose the issue. It turns out it was the relief valve was malfunctioning and then he replaced it. He was very competent and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marilyn, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Lori Seel Bremen, IN

We had to use our warranty twice in less than 2 1/2 weeks, and only three weeks after closing on our home. Both companies we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure our issues were resolved as quickly as possible and with as little disruption to our lives as possible.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lori, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Charles Nelson Kingsland, GA

My water heater was leaking from the bottom of the water heater, the first company they had to fix it never called me back to setup an appointment, they tried to call as well but no response. Then the second company they contacted, called me 5 minutes after I got off the phone with AHS, they took care of my problem the next day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Virginia Novak Lake Forest, CA

I gave a 5-star rating for American Home Shield as whenever we had a problem, they answered the call QUICKLY & sent someone out in a good amount of time & either fixed the problem, without having to pay very much at all or else gave us a very good amount to replace the appliance if it couldn't be repaired.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Virginia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Kelly C. Loves Park, IL

AHS has come through for us the 2 times we've needed them. They have replaced a microwave and a water heater. The process was very easy. The contractors were quick to help and both were professional. I would definitely recommend AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelly, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Goke Ademiluyi Holly Springs, NC

They are very responsive. They use good service people. If they can’t fix the appliance they will provide a replacement with no hassle. They allow you to put multiple appliances on one ticket so that you don’t have to pay a service charge for each appliance.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Goke, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

May. 24th, 2021

Kevin T Watanabe Ewa Beach, HI

I've only had AHS for about 3 months and they have shown to provide a wide range of coverage and the technicians that I've had to deal with thus far have been very professional with the exception of 1 appliance tech who seemed confused

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

May. 22nd, 2021

Frank Arlington, TX

Great service, always help with what we need. Never any issues.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Frank, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Karen Mitchell Turner, OR

Very responsive. Answer questions and give helpful information.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen. We are go glad to know you are happy with the service and coverage we provide. We want you to know you can count on us when needed. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Gary Putnam Eloy, AZ

We had two claims this year. AHS did a great job solving our problems.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gary, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

elita pinedo Fort Pierce, FL

great service with the appliances repairs and replacement if needed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elita, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy the service we provide!

Bryn San Antonio, TX

They have been easy to get in touch with and easy to work with

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bryn, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Cynthia Hoover El Paso, TX

Very professional and timely. Each claim I have made was handled expertly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cynthia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

isabella Hickory, NC

they have responded promptly with service providers needed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Isabella, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

darrell l wells Beaumont, TX

it was a great experience.Tech very friendly and knowledgeable

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Darrell. We are so happy to hear about your great experience. We strive to provide you with service you can trust in and depend on when unexpected repairs are needed. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Jerry Henderson, NV

AHS I was Very efficient and timely. I’ve been a customer for a few years.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jerry, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

anthony j Isabella Saint Paul, MN

Experience was great. My plumbing problem was resolved. Thank you

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

James Nunley Olive Branch, MS

Knowledgeable technicians.Very nice people.Excellent Service

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

K L Avon Lake, OH

Quick to respond and got someone out to help and solve the issue

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi KL, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jim Parsons Athens, AL

Efficient communication and follow through on coverages. Reasonable rates.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jim,Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Perrene Henry Irmo, SC

It has been great, prompt service when a service call was needed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Perrene, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Christine Hubbard Myrtle Beach, SC

Always responsive. They find a repair person pretty quickly & follow up.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christine, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Lisa Ankeny, IA

Very fast response time and fast to send a reliable contractor

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lisa, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Rodolfo Hernandez Fort Eustis, VA

What is able to take care of my issue within a timely matter great appreciate

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rodlfo. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. Thank you for allowing AHS to take the hassle out of your home repair needs.

Shewonna Fains Memphis, TN

The response time is great. I have never called and not get a prompt response.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shewonna, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Patricia Auton Dade City, FL

I had a Pluming problem, and they didn't fix it right the first time, I had to call AHS to send them back. My drip pan on my AC leaked over it had a bad sensor, again it still didn't work right, they had to return. What really upset me was it stained my celling, and AHS would not pay to replace the insulation that got wet, nor would they paint my celling either, that was caused from the drip pan sensor, caused the drip pan to overflow.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 27th, 2021

Kathy Tucson, AZ

They have always sent technicians when I have a problem with an appliance. It is usually the next day. No questions asked. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the part, but they call when it arrives and come out the next day. The appliances that have needed repairs are older models, so I expect it to take some time to locate the part. The technicians are very good about keeping the area clean before leaving.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, We are pleased to hear about your service experience and the technicians that have completed repairs.

May. 25th, 2021

Karen Brock Mount Pocono, PA

They are always here when I need them. My stove needed a part that was no longer available & my stove was replaced. I had multiples to choose from or I would've been reimbursed if I purchased one on my own. Every year I save more money than my premium costs me. My husband is not a handy person, this gives great "peace of mind" knowing that my house is protected & I won't have hundreds or thousands of dollars in repair costs. I've been a customer for approximately 16 years & wouldn't be without American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the stove replacement that AHS completed. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Jose Arizpe San Antonio, TX

Great Coverage....Soon after I submitted my online service request to American Home Shield I received a contact from Appliance 911. I was able to schedule an appointment for the following day. The company who was assigned to us was professional, quick and completed the job outstandingly. Excellent service & excellent customer service. Owner was courteous and professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jose, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mar. 29th, 2021