Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

Sarah Brawdy Yukon, OK

They've made it easy to submit a request, they word w/3rd party service companies who offer fast service as well

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sarah. We greatly appreciate your time to provide a review of your experience. It's very good to hear that you have been pleased with the service we provide. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Joseph Schemmel Plano, TX

Great experience with helpful customer service working with us to find a company that could complete repairs same day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joseph. Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's great to know your repair issue was taken care of the same day. We always want you to know you can count on AHS to get the job done promptly and efficiently. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Gennie Rhoades Warminster, PA

My family is completely satisfied because this time we didn't have to put out money like the refrigerator replacement.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gennie. Thank you for letting us know about your experience with AHS. It is so great to hear that you have been happy with the service we provide. We hope you continue to find the value in your warranty coverage.

Kimeree Tarver Fort Worth, TX

It was a great experience. I had a person come out the very next day. I put the request in late the night before.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kimeree. Thank you for letting us know how well you service needs were met. We strive to provide fast and reliable service when you contact us. We are so happy that we met your expectations and look forward to taking care of your next repair need.

John Etta McGriff Denton, TX

Excellent experience with American Home Shield. Great communication and action. You call they schedule you and come quickly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Aug. 31st, 2021

L Renne Proctor Sonora, CA

They are always very prompt in taking my information and setting up appointments with repair companies to expedite the repairs

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi L Renne. Thank you for time in letting us know how we are doing. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members. It is so wonderful that we were able to do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Larry Fondse Coulterville, CA

Home Shield responded promptly to my call, had repairman on site first thing next morning. Couldn't ask for better service, big thankyou.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larry. Thank you for the positive review. We do our best to provide our members with prompt and reliable service so we are very excited to hear that someone was out to take care of your repair need so quickly. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Bonnie Testa Newark, OH

I have always had great experiences with American Home Shield anytime I’ve had to use them. Excellent technicians they’ve contracted with!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bonnie, We love to hear when we have provided great technicians and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your excellent experiences with us!

Roxanne Martell Las Vegas, NV

Service was prompt and seamless. I did use an automated system, but did not have any issues getting the service we needed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Roxanne, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and seamless service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Andree LaRose Clearwater, FL

I had to call American Home Shield twice on two separate issues. They are very professional, very responsive and dependable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Andree, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide professional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Karen kurimsky

Excellent service! Slow with getting a repairman out but had a fast response and a new washing machine within a few weeks.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating about the washer replacement. Your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Janine J Atkins Moorpark, CA

I called them about my problem, they had a vendor contract me within 24 hours and the appointment was set for contact at my home in a somewhat reasonable time frame.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Janine, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Aug. 18th, 2021

Eric Ervin Parkville, MD

My experience was absolutely amazing. From the time I submitted an online request to completing of the job, the entire process took less than two hours.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eric. We are so very happy to hear about your experience. We love taking th hassle and worry out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Aug. 18th, 2021

Ray Ford Conroe, TX

They sent out a first rate plumber and solved my issues the first call out. He was very helpful and made some good suggestions going forward I’ll use.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ray. It is wonderful to hear how effectively your plumbing issue was resolved. We are so happy your are finding the value in your home warranty coverage. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Aug. 19th, 2021

Ronald Lombrano Las Vegas, NV

We had a recent air conditioning problem and the contracting HVAC shop was contacted by AHS, their automated system is much improved and covers many types of discrepancies

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ronald, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Aug. 19th, 2021

Ramona Mills District Heights, MD

Customer service rep was efficient, Air Temp company was great. Technician Karon was outstanding. I can't think of anything that could have been done differently or better

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ramona. Thank you so much for your positive review. We do our best to provide our members with professional and efficient service. We can't wait to provide you with this same level of service for your next repair need as well.

Betty Seckinger Winston Salem, NC

I appreciated the prompt attention given to my air conditioning unit. The 2 parts needed were authorized in a 2 hour window and then repaired the same day. Thank you.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Betty, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Paula Spidell Urbandale, IA

They dispatched my claim to a repair person who was there within 2 business days and fixed the problem immediately. He had to leave to get a part but returned the same day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Paula. Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love to hear when our members repair needs were taken care of promptly and effectively. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service again.

Albert Frazier Jeffersonville, IN

Great company & service. Refrigerator broke & they sent someone out to fix it. Tech was very efficient & explained what the problem was & how he fixed it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Albert, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Noel Jones Macon, GA

Good, always prompt and executes towards resolving the matter. You all follow up immediately to verify completion of the job and to see if I encounter issues.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Noel, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Maya Holden Santa Clarita, CA

Greatest purchase yet. I did not think I was going to use this coverage, but I have used it twice so far. I am so glad I decided to get this coverage.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maya. Thank you for letting us know about your experience with AHS. It is so great to hear that you have been happy with the service we provide. We hope you continue to find the value in your warranty coverage.

Remigio Edwards Fredericksburg, VA

As a new homeowner, I have only needed to make one service call. The re-keying technician was very professional. I was extremely pleases with the service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Remigio. Thank you for letting us know about the professional and efficient service that you received. We look forward to providing you with another great experience for your next repair need as well.

Mary Lyn Martinez Acton, CA

It was great response time. They scheduled a repairman as soon as I told them there was a problem. It's simple why I didn't sign up with them before. Glad I did now

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary Lyn. Thank you for such a positive review. We strive to provide prompt and dependable service for our members, and it makes us very happy to hear that we have been able to do that for you. We look forward to working with you for your next repair need.

Sunita Dhar Fremont, CA

Timely, responsive and always courteous. We have been customers of AHS for the past 15 years and will not change our home warranty for any other company

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sunita. It is always so great to hear when our members let us know about their positive experiences. We do our best to provide prompt and efficient service and we are really pleased that we could do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come.

Melissa Silvas Fresno, CA

It was easy putting in a service request they made all the appointments and stayed with the job till it was fixed. Very happy with the way my repair was handled.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Melissa. It is so wonderful to hear that your repair need was taken care of with ease. We can't wait to provide you with an excellent service experience for your next repair as well.

SHELTON KEYES Greenville, NC

American Home Shield sends efficient, professionals to handle your problems. From managing AC units to plumbing issues I have received quality service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shelton, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Steve M Houston, TX

I've had two issues in the first 90 days that I needed them to repair. On both occasions they were fast and efficient repaired (replaced) on the first visit!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Steve, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

William hayden Weatherford, TX

They saved our butts alot over the years. The best we have used. Other than the plumber dude they sent out like 5 times. We still have toilet problems with 2 NEW toilets

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi William, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Tricia Botsch West Bend, WI

Great experiences with time and customer service. I'm so happy the previous owner got this for our 1st year and I kept up with it after that 1st year and I'm so happy!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tricia. Thank you for letting us know about your experience with AHS. It is so great to hear that you have been happy with the service we provide. We hope you continue to find the value in your warranty coverage.

Jim Hamblett Williamsburg, VA

I had a dryer that needed repair. I submitted a claim and in a matter of minutes I received info on the repair service . Dave's Appliance Repair did a great job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jim. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about repair experience. with your dryer. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Marguerite Green Berkeley, CA

This is a good investment for the care of your home essentials. It was very easy to initiate a contract and the rep took the time to go over all of the contractual details.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marguerite. We greatly appreciate your time to provide a review of your experience. It's very good to hear that your policy was explained to you. We are so happy that you are finding the value in the coverage we offer. We cannot wait to provide you with great service for your next repair need.

Barbara Bonnet Alexandria, VA

1. Phone was answered promptly . 2. Job was assigned and I had an appointment very quickly. 3, Plumber who did the work was competent and professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Barbara, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Lysbeth M Hasegawa Pence Castro Valley, CA

I am satisfied with services received but I would like to review my contract at renewal time, when I initially purchased it was $30+, now $50. I am a widow on a limited income.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lysbeth. We are really glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service you are receiving. We would be happy to review options with you for your upcoming renewal. Thank you for choosing American Home Shield as your home warranty company.

Jul. 13th, 2021

Khada Khatiwada Pittsburgh, PA

Good. Customerservice is good . Helped me immediately. Thank yiu. I Still need help . Please call me and help me to fix my ac. I love working with AHS. Definitely recommend my cousins and relatives about AHS

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Khada, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jul. 16th, 2021

Siraj Haque Lombard, IL

Easy to report a problem online through the website. Lots of options to choose from. Many of my appliances or other things in my home are covered. Repairs are scheduled quickly and easily. Reasonable monthly cost.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Siraj, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jul. 16th, 2021

Qrashemia Johnson Dayton, OH

When they realized they couldn't fix my appliance they got back with me immediately with my options .. once I made a decision and bought a new appliance they reimbursed me immediately

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Qrashemia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the appliance repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Diana Leoncio Bellflower, CA

Customer service was very courteous and helpful. The technician arrived within the designated time frame. He was very knowledgeable and was able to fix my plumbing issues in no time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diana, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the plumbing issue. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Daniel Moseler Hillsboro, OR

We purchased an older home with this warranty and continued this service after initial coverage. It has proven very useful in obtaining services in an otherwise tight service environment.

Reply from American Home Shield

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We are so happy to hear we have been able to take care of your repair needs. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jul. 6th, 2021

Karen Cunningham Mishawaka, IN

Every experience I've had with American Home Shield has been a pleasant one. Responded to problems have been quick and favorable. Every one I've dealt with has been helpful and pleasant.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Karen, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Sarah Thousand Oaks, CA

Responsible and prompt service. Mostly experts come review problem and find out the problem exactly and fix it well in a short time. I think the technicians sent from here are qualified this and

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sarah, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Courtney Egerton Tyrone, GA

Quick and easy. I would definitely recommend to all my family and friends. Has been a lifesaver. This is my first time buying a re-sale home and it been the best investment I could've made.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Courtney. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our members can count on. We are so excited to hear about how quick and easy your service experience has been. Thank you for choosing and recoommending AHS.

Diane Brehm Mesa, AZ

Home Shield has always been responsive when I've called with a problem, however , my experience with Next Day Air has been a problem with communication . I will call & explain .

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diane. Thank you for your positive rating. We are here to address your concerns and look forward to speaking with you regarding Next Day Air. Thank you for choosing AHS as your home warranty company.

Susan Yardley Vagnino Saint Louis, MO

We have a large home and a rental property. I don't have to worry about appliance repairs costing an arm and a leg. We've used them for over 10 years. They replaced a dishwasher after a repeat repair wasn't effective.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Susan. Thank you for the positive review. We strive to take the hassle out of home repairs and we are so excited that we have been able to take care of your repair needs. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Wayne G. Jones Jonesboro, GA

Had service in previous years and service for me and my family have on improved, with new and same professional, consistent service. Best provider to date based on my peers and other home owners.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Wayne. It is so good to hear that you have been pleased with the service we provide. We value your opinion and feedback. We will continue to strive to provide you with reliable and consistent service.

Stacy Harris Saint Louis, MO

American Home Shield has provided prompt customer service each time I have need of service. The vendors/contractors they use have knowledge of the repairs I have needed in the past.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Stacy, for taking time to let us know how we are doing and that you have been pleased with the venors. We understand how important it is to provide dependale service to our members. We are so happy that we have been able to do that for you.

Stephanie Leach Nevada, TX

We have had nothing but great experiences with AHS. We have had our first claim that requires a product replacement and it has been so easy!! It is worth every penny and more!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stephanie. We are so happy to hear that you have had great experiences and that your replacement was taken care of. We can't wait to provide you with a great experience again in the future. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS.

Kathleen Shaffer Burbank, CA

When I called, I was questioned about the precise problem with my refrigerator. We even did a video chat that was able to help provide more specific details about my refrigerator.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathleen, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Geri Johnston East Stroudsburg, PA

They were efficient about helping me with my issue. The plumber who came to my house was knowledgeable , professional and efficient. Integrity was the name of the company and I would recommend them highly, also professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Geri, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jul. 1st, 2021

Bruce Nadreau Sanford, FL

They do what they advertise. Appliance service protection at an affordable price and they send out trained technicians that know what they're doing and get the job done right.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jul. 6th, 2021

Darnell Mccurdy Memphis, TN

As a Real Estate Agent, I have been recommending AHS. My clients are satisfied with the service. I am a contract holder as well, and having the coverage helps me sleep better.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Darnell, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.