Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

Richard Newman Merritt Island, FL

My water heater just gave out and I’d installed upstairs in a bedroom closet. AHS sent a technician to replace. Since it was upstairs the technician had to get authorization for out of scope work. That process took 3 days for approval. There was an additional charge due to the placement of the water heater and the was it was installed. The charge in my opinion was reasonable and justified I just wish it didn’t take 3 days for the approval process.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Brian Blumenauer Point of Rocks, MD

Generally speaking, my experience has been very positive. I have had a number of items replaced under warranty. If not in need of a replacement, the service requests occur promptly. The operators work with me if I have specific contractor request. Opportunity with having enough reps to address items that require phone communication. Off shore employees often struggle with English, presumably why that is a survey question every time I take it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brian, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Lillian Essex Tucson, AZ

The plumber arrived courtesy of AHS, asked several vital questions, produced a machine on wheels into the courtyard, found the electrical outlet outside, and began to remove the problem (which was a stoppage of water preventing the dishwasher from functioning). I thought it would be a mess indoors but accomplishing the resolution outdoors enabled the machine to break the log jam in 30 minutes. Success!! and cleanliness prevailed. I thought it was the dish washing unit, but it was not broken, just fixed!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lillian. It's great to hear how effectively your plumbing issue was resolved. Thank you for your feedback and for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Synita Capler Olympia Fields, IL

I've had to 3 appliance (range, refrigerator, washer) issues that needed services. Two out of the three could be serviced under my contract. The range couldn't because a rodent had chewed through the wiring, but the other issues were handled. The rodent issue wasn't covered. My washer couldn't be repaired, so it was replaced. The refrigeraor has had to be serviced three times but seems to working now.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Synita. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want you to know you can trust in the coverage we provide. It's great to hear that your repair needs were met. We look forward to taking care of your next repair as well.

Sep. 7th, 2021

Elisa & Paul Denham The Colony, TX

The company that AHS sent to work on our HVAC was excellent. We had called another company first… thinking we had an emergency! We quickly figured out that that guy was going to sell us a whole new system so we called AHS and got an honest person to take a look. Big difference!!! Their expert identified our problem immediately and fixed it. It cost us $75. The alternative would have cost us $13,000!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elisa & Paul, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Aug. 31st, 2021

Donna Dufour Greenwell Springs, LA

I have had AHS for about 27 yrs. it has been a life saver time and time again. I’ve heard horror stories about home warranties but I can honestly say AHS is the best. I have mote time than money so I don’t mind the time it takes to get the repair done and done right. When it’s urgent AHS has always come through. Great, polite & patient customer service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Donna, We would like to first thank you for your patronage over the past 27 years! We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the service we provide!

Jessica Backensto Mansfield, OH

I have had everything, including my car, fall apart these last couple of months. I have had great response and coverage.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jessica. We are so happy to hear that you have been pleased with your coverage and repair experiences. We are here to take the hassle and worry out of unexpected home repairs. We are really glad you chose AHS to be there when you need us.

Glenda Frank Crowley, TX

Great customer service! They sent someone to fix my air blower and they did a great job and explaining everything theybwere doinf

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Glenda. We are so happy you took time to tell us about your repair experience. We want you to know you can count on AHS to provide you with great service when you need us. We look forward to working with you again.

Ron Johnson Rockford, IL

I've had AHS for about twenty years and the company has helped my wife and I from replacing a furnace to fixing our leading toilet.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ron. Thank you for taking time to let us know about the service you have received over the years. It is wonderful to know you have been pleased with your repair experiences. We look forward to being your home warranty company for many more years to come.

Yuzhe Chen Saratoga, CA

Used AHS for years. Satisfied with the services and repair coverage. The only thing is about the sudden price increase.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Yuzhe. Thank you for your feeback. We are glad to know you are happy with the service and repairs. We understand price increases can be overwhelming. We remain committed to doing our best to make sure you are able to find the value in the coverage we offer. Thank you for being a valued member of American Home Shield.

Michael Kruep Conroe, TX

2 refrigerators, 1 dryer, 1 dishwasher w great customer service and good vendors that work with you.Great company that takes care of you!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michael. Thank you your feedback. We are happy to know you were pleased with the service you received and we look forward to providing you with great service for your next repair need as well.

James Garay Trabuco Canyon, CA

AHS is successfully trying to make customer experience more easer with new technology in helping to assist in addressing issues related to repairs.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Oct. 19th, 2021

Richelle Blackwell-Jones Palmdale, CA

I've had several appliances repaired and in very happy about the quick easy service I've received for resolving all of my issues

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richelle, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

TMartin Lithonia, GA

AHS is top tier! I had a problem with my plumbing and they went to work and immediately provided me with the best company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi TMartin. It is so wonderful that your plumbing issue was taken care of with ease. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service again for your next repair.

David Isser Henderson, NV

Great Customer Service They treated me with respect kindness and were overall very genuine and even took consideration for my child

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Oct. 19th, 2021

Alexandra Harner Solon, OH

Dishwasher did not dissolve the soap. AHS ordered a motor for us and a professional dishwasher repair person came and replaced the motor. It is working perfectly now.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

David Stanley Spring Valley, CA

Each time I have had an issue AHS has taken care of it. May take a little time but always gets worked out. Sometimes within a few days. I recommend this service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David. It is so wonderful that your repair need was taken care of. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service for your next repair. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Leticia Peacher Olivehurst, CA

Best service so far. I've had other home warranty company's that were fine at first then they went downhill. I'm hoping that AhS will remain consistent.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Leticia. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience with AHS so far. We want you to know you can always count on us as your home warranty company. We look forward to taking the hassle and worry out of your repair needs in the future as well.

Karen Burch Burlington, IA

I have had AHS for many, many years for all my homes and it has been there thru every problem that I have ever had. It is the only company that I need and would recommend.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want our members to know they can trust in the coverage we provide. We look forward to being your home warrany company for many more years to come. Thank you for trusting American Home Shield.

M. Hall Gulfport, MS

Great for home owners. Every call receives incredible personalized service and almost everything is logged in case you have to call back. The service providers are excellent and very responsive.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi M. Hall. Thank you for letting us know about your positive experiences when reaching out to our company. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the service we offer. It is our goal to provide you with this same level of service every time you call.

Oct. 5th, 2021

Diane Woods Yuma, AZ

Our A/C quit working on a very hot day. American Home Shield had repairmen at our house within an hour. They quickly replaced the part that had stopped working and cooled us off again!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diane. Thank you for letting us know about your service experience. We are so happy to know how quickly and efficiently your problem was resolved. We can't wait to provide you with another great experience.

Oct. 5th, 2021

Bonnie Stafford, TX

I have had a dryer replaced a have a double oven scheduled. They are fast to send someone to repair. If it isn't possible to repair, they will replace. I recommend American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bonnie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Eric Nuckols Idabel, OK

Our washing machine was not working so place a order for repair. A technician arrived two days later and determined we need a new washer. Choose one from the selection on website installed a week later.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eric, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Ann Corrao Winnsboro, SC

We have had multiple policies on various homes, some rental. All issues get resolved correctly and professionally. The only area of concern is communication in a timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ann, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

DaShavone Holmes Raeford, NC

Prompt service! I’m happy I chose this compan! As a first time homebuyer we were burdened with fixing everything that the previous home owner would not and it’s been a hassle. Having AHS has been a blessing for us!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi DaShavone, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Judy willburn

Service was great, however using a call center and folks that have heavy accents then read from a script is my only complaint. That is not my idea of a way to handle customers.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Judy. Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you have been happy with the coverage and service we provide. Please continue to let us know how we are doing. It helps us to provide you with an even better experience for your next repair need.

Sep. 29th, 2021

Debra king Justin, TX

We had our ice maker replaced and fan . They ordered parts that took forever to get in and I called when they came in was put on schedule immediately. The repair man Kevin was great he went over and beyond.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Debra. Thank your for writing a review and letting us know the issue was resolved quickly once the parts arrived. We look forward to providing an even better experience for your next repair need.

Sep. 29th, 2021

A.M. Las Vegas, NV

My ac went out a couple of weeks ago and it was 90 degrees inside. My original work order was going to have someone there in 4 days. I called back to see if they could get someone out sooner and they were able to get someone to come out the very next day. I was very pleased with everything.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi A.M., Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Gary Murphy Tulsa, OK

I have found American Home Shield to be professional and committed to keeping the promises of promptness. They have always treated us with respect and have always sent out repair people who are competent and deficient in there area of expertise.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gary, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Larry Duff Frisco, TX

Left AHS after 15 years for a highly rated competitor because of lower rates. After 2 claims that were a huge hassle I returned to AHS. rates are important, but, most important is the reliability of the company to service your claims. That has always been dependable with AHS!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larry, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

dorothy francis Bass Lake, CA

plumbing issues - THANK YOU for allowing me to bundle them AND not hassling me!! Thank you for letting me state the problems and then just telling me you were sorry that was happening and sent someone right out. That is EXCELLENT customer service. I will never use another home warranty. You have it nailed :)

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jason Howe Chambersburg, PA

Prompt Response. I get a phone call the next day from the contracted service company to schedule repairs and it's normally within the next day. I really appreciate this level of service because when things go wrong in the home, it's nice to have them repaired in a timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jason, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Steven Beene Eustace, TX

Our refrigerator's ice maker wasn't draining correctly thus creating ice to accumulate under the deli tray. Nathan with Mr. Appliance found the problem and ordered the part. Once the part came in, he came out to fix the problem. He did an excellent job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Steven, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

John Rodriguez Kissimmee, FL

American home shield is outstanding everyone that owns a home should buy this company's warranty I never expected the level of service I have gotten they are professional and I spoke with their customer service and it's absolutely friendly and competent

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Ryan Young Delafield, WI

American Home Shield has been great, they have helped us every step of the way, with our warranty needs. The service personnel lay AHS and the people they've sent to our home, have professional and knowledgeable, as well as courteous throughout the process.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ryan. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want our members to know they can trust in the service we provide. We are very happy that you are finding the value in your home warranty with AHS.

Trudy Napper Autrey Nacogdoches, TX

Excellent company …. Timely Service …. Best home service contact ever. We've had 3 major service calls - all of which were handled to our expectations. Having this coverage allows us to fully enjoy our home without the worries & hassles of expensive repairs!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Trudy. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. . It is so great to hear that you have been happy with the service we provide. We hope you continue to find the value in your warranty coverage. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Jacqueline Williams Laplace, LA

All positive. Whenever I've had to file a claim I've always received prompt response. If for some reason I wasn't able to keep an appointment, rescheduling was easy. Repair association was always competent and professional. On the one occasion when i needed a second opinion, American Shield made that happen

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jacqueline. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the service you are receiving. We know how important it is to our members to receive dependable service. We want you to know you can always count on AHS.

Robert M Nakon Pinckney, MI

American Home Shield covers every appliance in my home as well as electrical and plumbing. That means I don't have to worry about finding a repairman and then wonder if the job will be done right. I simply make a call or go online, explain the problem and it will be fixed. What more could you want?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about repair experiences. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you. We hope you contine to find the value in the service and coverage that we offer.

Julie Lewelling Sherwood, OR

At first it was difficult to get answers even though the customer service reps were friendly and made attempts to help resolve my issues. After a few calls, they did take care of the problem and were amazing to work with. Thank you

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Julie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jane juarez Sweetwater, TX

The first time had to wait a bit for someone to come see my washer. The second time around they were very prompt in coming to see my appliance. It took 2 1/2 weeks to fix but that was out of their control. Very satisfied with the service they provided.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jane, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the washer repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Aug. 31st, 2021

Hope Galloway Richlands, NC

They've always been exemplary in all our interactions. Even when our AC went out on the last day of our warranty prior to our PCS as a mitary family. They came through and replaced our old AC with equal or greater value unit. It always is a product and service we can rely on.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Hope. We are so excited to hear about the experience you had. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. Thank you for allowing AHS to take the hassle out of your home repair needs.

Vernon Rupinta Orlando, FL

Our washer was not spinning so we contacted AHS. They diagnosed the issue and advised us that the circuit board needed replacement, however the part is no longer available so a full replacement of the washer was required. The ordering process was easy and completed all online. AHS replaced the washer within a week of the order.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Vernon. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your repair experience. We love to take the hassle and worry out of home repairs so we are so excited to hear about how easy the process was when your washer had to be replaced. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Thomas (TJ) Ford Decatur, GA

I have had to use this warranty twice and both times were what I would consider easy and efficient. The deductible I pay is well worth the money I have saved having a plumber come out. Twice. I will be purchasing the warranty again next year.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Thomas, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Camille Harpole Bentonville, AR

Excellent. They did a great job letting us know whenever something went wrong and was able to reschedule us for a few days later. My washer was installed correctly and quickly and the gentlemen installing it were very courteous. 10 stars ⭐️

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Camille, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Mikayla Duncan Las Vegas, NV

My AC broke and this was my first time having to file a claim. The AHS website was extremely easy to navigate and i was able to file my claim and be assigned a repair service quickly. They were able to come out within 2 days to fix my AC. My AC started working again right away so we thought the problem was resolved but within 4 hours from them leaving it stopped working again. The AHS website was easy to set a follow up appointment with the repair service and they were able to come back out quickly and fix the real problem at no extra charge.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mikayla. Thank you for letting us know about your repair experience. We are so happy to hear that you were able to navigate the website with ease and get your issue resolved quickly. We look forward to providing you with your next great repair experience as well.

Aug. 18th, 2021

M Brown Antioch, CA

While clearing a blockage in my drain, I was informed by a local plumber that my pipes were corroded and was leaking under my home. I filed a claim online at AHS and I received a call from their local partnering plumber within 24 hours for a next day appointment to assess the services needed. The following day, the corroded section was replaced within 1.5hours. The technicians were fast and professional!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi M Brown. Thank you for letting us know how effective your plumbing issue was resolved. We are so excited to hear about your experiene and we can't wait to service your next repair need.

Aug. 17th, 2021

April Gastonia, NC

The experience was excellent. We kept losing power on a Sunday and the first assigned electrician wasn't in the office, so the rep called each one on the list until one answered. The electrician called us immediately to get us scheduled first thing in the morning. They came out and worked hard to get us back up and running very quickly - within hours of diagnosing the issue. The part wasn't readily available, so they drove a couple of towns over to get us the part. Overall it was a great experience and we were very thankful to have Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi April, Your feedback is more than appreciated at American Home Shield. We hope you continue to enjoy the repairs that have been completed and future services to come.

Aug. 10th, 2021

robert glielmi Wilmington, NC

Had to use AHS twice. First repair was a nightmare involving a mini split AC . Not caused by them but manufacturer and numberous atempts to repair. The second involved a dishwasher. Have to say response was impressive. Had an appointment with a tech the same day. he arrived on time, was professional, courteous and fixed the issue in a minimal amount of time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for letting us know about the positive experience with your dishwasher. It is really great to know the issue was resolved promptly and efficiently. Thank you for trusting AHS to take care of you home repair needs.

Aug. 11th, 2021

FLOYD Columbia, SC

THE BEST! AHS has covered 3 homes for me for about 10 years. When I really needed them, they had not only repaired but REPLACED major appliances. My wife manage over 30 properties for several investors who use other home warranties. It's like a nightmare getting timely service. Getting nonrefundable items replaced is like putting teeth. AHS is the way to go!

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Floyd. We really appreciate your positive review and feedback on the service you have received. We strive to provide our members with prompt, quality service for each repair need. Thank you for letting us know we have been able to do that for you. We look forward to many more years of being your warranty company.

Aug. 11th, 2021

Lola Wysingle-Fuller Vallejo, CA

Water was gushing under our sink and at first we thought it coming from the dishwasher.It was late in the evening. I made a service appointment for the following afternoon. The service men came in identified the problem and replaced the garbage disposal, the source of the sink flood. They were on time, professional, polite and efficient. My daughter. Who lives in NJ, purchased American Home Shield on my recommendation when she purchased her home. I would not have urged her to get this protection if I wasn't a satisfied customer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lola. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. It is so wonderful to know that your repair need was taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you for the recommendation and thank you for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Aug. 10th, 2021