Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Karin Stienemeier Saint Petersburg, FL

They are efficient, send good companies over to take care of the service requests and then follow up.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karin, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

JAMES Naples, FL

Professionalism had the parts required and assisted with prevention issues knowledge of issue and he was on time

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Renee Ollio Sarasota, FL

Very punctual and fixed the problem. Explained thoroughly what he was doing with the hot water tank.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Renee, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jeff Coxs Creek, KY

In the middle of a pandemic they were able to have my heat pump diagnosed, parts ordered, and repaired in about a week

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeff, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Colleen McGraw Adrian, MI

Product has saved us so many times with all the things that pop up in the first year of home ownership.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Colleen, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jim Broken Arrow, OK

Prompt customer service and the service company that did my work (Certified Heat and Air) was fantastic

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Jim, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Nicole L Whitehair Laurel, MD

I rated that way because for one issue to be fixed I had to call more than once, but when I made the last call, it was fixed quickly and correctly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nicole, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Don Seay Oviedo, FL

Even though rather expensive and sometimes hard to contact or work with, they have still provided me with a valuable service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Don, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy!

Angela Watkins McDonald Memphis, TN

Empire has done an excellent job. I would recommend them to everyone that I know for future references.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Angela, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Bob Pollock Columbia, MO

They came out and addressed the problem with my HVAC until. They were knowledgeable so I'll call this company, again

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bob, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jun. 20th, 2020

Ricky williams

Excellent customer service always been very helpful always send someone out that’s very professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ricky, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Betty Welsh College Station, TX

Easy to book appointments online, service provider is quickly assigned and issues are resolved in a timely manner..

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Betty, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Barbarlina Sewell Middletown, DE

Great customer service, reliable, will replace defective products and replacements are worth the money.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Barbarlina, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

J D Wade Centreville, VA

They really make it difficult to have a non-functioning item replaced. Company made 6 trips to my home to bandage a 26 year old water heater before they would replace it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi JD, We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Dorothy Montague

I have spent 6 hours on the phone over 3 phone calls and as of today still no call back as promised 3 times. I am 70 my husband 75 its 95 degrees here and I’ve been without ac since June 2 and you all dont seem to care about anything but my draft.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.

Tonya Simmons Raeford, NC

American Home Shield is a great company. I am glad that I have a contract with them. They are very prompt.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tonya, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Beverly Lithonia, GA

I was pleased with the entire process. The rep was professional and completed the job in a timely manner

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Beverly, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Gracie Sharp New Braunfels, TX

Their professionalism and promptness. I would recommend them to anybody. A great value for your money

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gracie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Thomas Taylor

Every Issue We've had has been resolved quickly (depending on the vendor's availability) satisfactorly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Thomas, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Marshella

I will recommend American Home Shield.I received quick and excellent service in the repair of my air conditioning unit.. It’s still cooling

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marshella, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Grace Tehachapi, CA

because filing the claim was stress free and the repairs were handled in a timely matter be a true professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Grace, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Jun. 9th, 2020

Troy White Greenbelt, MD

It took over one week to get by HVAC repaired. I had to call 5 times to get an update. American Home Shield needs to be more involved with updating the customers on what is going on with their repair. All of their repair companies have low ratings.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Troy, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you had a bad experience. I would be glad to speak with you and discuss the issues.

Jun. 12th, 2020

Robert Sampson Midlothian, VA

AHS is an insurance company and did a good job this time. In the past, their response to my problem did not come anyway near this one.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jun. 10th, 2020

Fenton D Smiyh Stone Mountain, GA

Great Customer resolution,Professional,Follow up time of request of service and after repairs were made.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Fenton, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Ralph Rodriguez Cape Coral, FL

Always there for you, and gives every homeowner a great piece of mind knowing they are there for you

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ralph, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jun. 10th, 2020

Jacqueline Thornton Greenville, AL

They take care of their customers and they are always prompt with finding someone to repair your items.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Jacqueline, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Dazarine Taylor Flint, MI

Though professional, the response to problem resolutions are slow or extremely delayed leaving customers feeling ignored.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dazarine, Hi Rob, Thank you for letting us know know about this. Your feedback helps us get better.

Donna Troyna Marion, IA

They have always taken care of my needs. At times it takes forever to get through to talk to someone, but it all works out.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Donna, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

La Rhonda M. Smith Van Nuys, CA

I explained what I wanted to have done and needed with coverage indicated. Then not authorized, if they knew that the work was not covered then it was wrong to take my money under false pretenses. I would have never paid money for services that I knew I could not receive. I asked for my money back as a hardship and no response.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi La Rhonda, Thank you for letting us know about this. Your feedback helps us get better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately. We would be glad to speak with you and get the issues resolved.

Michael Valdes Simi Valley, CA

Their customer service is extremely poor. Hard to get through to a representative and when you do, it's someone whose first language is not English. Difficult to communicate.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michael, I hate to hear about your most recent experience to have the pool electrical issues repaired. I would be glad to assist and get the issues resolved.

sarah price Gilbertsville, PA

we have onlu used them 2 times in five years and the service was fine. Not good communication however when purchasing the plan or checking on what is covered.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your feedback about your overall AHS experience.

Zoila Victorville, CA

Great response and great customer service. The companies they work with are great as well. Thank you.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Zoila, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Laverne

First time using and my experience from scheduling all the way up to the appointment went very smoothly. Worker was very professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Laverne, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jim Sullivan

Quick and easy, fixed problem Costing very little out of pocket. Most companies want to sale me new equipment.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jim, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Jun. 3rd, 2020

Elizabeth Spearline

My problem always gets fixed by the repairman. The service companies are reputable. Never had a problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Ellen Shackelford Hampton, VA

I do not have anything negative to say about my experience with the service! I am totally satisfied.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ellen, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jun. 6th, 2020

Michael Scott Thorsby, AL

Great communication and follow up. Immediately got me in touch with the company that did the repair.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michael, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Jun. 5th, 2020

DONNA SHAW Nashville, TN

I have had no problem when i call for service within 24 hours i have some one at my house to fix the problem

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Donna, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jun. 4th, 2020

Charles Waco, TX

Quick service honest not too expensive might be better to get clarity on what happens if AC breaks down completely

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

Jun. 4th, 2020

Jeffery Smith Washington, DC

The cost for maintenance for major items should be comparative to rates offered by other vendors. Maintenance helps prevent costly repairs and replacement.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeffrey, Thank you for your feedback about your overall experience!

Jun. 7th, 2020

Brian Wegley

They were responsive and professional. It was clear to me that their goal was to support their client.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brian, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

John Porter

They got the job done in a professional and timely manner. My problem was with communication. I had a hard time understanding the representatives.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Kasandra Ravin

Quick to respond to my service request and the company that was sent did an awesome job to get my AC working

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kasandra, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

May. 22nd, 2020

L.S.

They honor the terms of the warranty and provide prompt, professional service through their contractors.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi L.S., Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mike Rogue

They are OK but often use contractors with poor reviews or a bad letter grade from the BBB. They have also raised my rates each year without any formal notice.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mike, Your feedback is appreciated. We thank you for your patronage to AHS!

May. 25th, 2020

Vicki

American Home Shield gets in contact with a repair person and you get a call within 24 hours. It’s a great service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Vicki, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kate Uva

They are the most responsive and most comprehensive! And everyone I ever talk to is very nice and very helpful.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kate, We are glad to hear about your AHS experience and the customer service we provide!

Anzella Nelms

In the few times that I have had to request service, response has been quick, vendors professional and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anzella, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

James Saul

Generally covers everything. Only wish they had more local vendors in Augusta GA and vovered icemakers and water dispensers on refrigerators.

Reply from American Home Shield

HiJames, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

May. 26th, 2020

Dean Vella

The plumber did an excellent job. He showed up on time and performed repair efficiently and professionally.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dean, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!