Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

James L Norcross Tampa, FL

Have fixed things for me and once returned to fix the same thing, but for free. Calling them sometimes has a long wait time, like most companies nowadays.

Germaine Wadeborn Las Vegas, NV

Their service is fine. However their billing is not customer friendly. No clear indication of when payments are due. No reminders. Only warning when payment is late

Bradford Alexander Paducah, KY

Though service is prompt & easy to request service, I've been trying to reset my password for 2 years without the "email has been sent" temp password.

Elisha R Dancer Pflugerville, TX

They are quick to come when you ask for assistance. But when you have several appliances you need work on. I am not sure why we have to pay a deductible for each appliance.

Terri Linzenmeyer Taylor, TX

My ac went out at my new house. I gave a 4 star bc it took them 24 hours to get there and it was 90 in my house with my grand kids. But once they came ..perfect

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Terri, Your feedback in regard to your American Home Shield experience is more than appreciated. I hope you continue to enjoy the coverage and service we provide.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Renee Rhodes Lexington, SC

On a recent service request I never received response on what was being done to my broken a/c unit. It's been a week and I have no clue when the repairs will be done.

Detra Clarke Houston, TX

Provided service that resolved my issue and with a timely response. This is my first request so I am waiting to see before I provide the highest rating..

Anthony W Hunn Atlanta, GA

Always on time. So far I have had to use this service since I purchased my home 2 years old and the service has been remarkable and the contractors contact you almost immediately.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good evening Anthony, Your feedback in regard to your American Home Shield experience is more than appreciated. I hope you continue to enjoy the coverage and service we provide.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Holmes Sylacauga, AL

IT system antiquated. People are usually helpful but the system is extremely frustrating. I’ve waited Hours to get a message through. Then there is a poor system to communicate.

Linda Raleigh, NC

The work we’ve had so far was good, however, I have a problem with paying $100 for every service call. I‘be had other appliance coverage and did not have pay a healthy maintenance fee.

Lori Washington Chandler, AZ

American home shield has been awesome in every way the only hard part is getting a hold of alive person but that is a very very minor complaint in the big scheme of things their automated system is amazing

Carlos Kudja Hallandale, FL

Scheduling of repair was done without consulting me for the next day. All electronically by Am Home Shield. Contact info for repair company was wrong. Luckily i was able to make appointment work with my work schedule.

Daniel Zarrella Shawnee, OK

Good experience. Good vendors to work with.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Daniel, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Laura Vera El Paso, TX

Service call turn around time has increased

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Laura, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

Mary A Clay Missouri City, TX

Really easy to set appointment and get repairs done.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Godwin Killeen, TX

AHS is very reliable and up to date company, used them for years and I'm satisfied with service, only reason for 4 stars and not 5 is because sometimes answering service is not the up to standard and prices are higher than other similar companies but reasonable

George North Hills, CA

For companies like this they are only as good as the companies they send out. It would be nice if you can chose which company gets assigned becuase some can be better than others. They dont let you chose which company you get.

Orlando Sanford, FL

At times, they’ve prompt with repair responses, for ex this past three months 2 out of three repairs were fast enough for me not to suffer from the damage utility, the other I had to stay without water supply in the entire household because of an incompetent representative that was supposed to put the claim urgent and did not do so.

Kari Mellenkamp Chesapeake, VA

Great service. Quick response to online service request. They allow you to put cost of repair towards a new unit if you want to. Only negative is wait time if you actually need to speak to someone, but it is rare that I have a need to.

Laurel Lawrence Oregon City, OR

The service is good. It's equal to that of a previous home warranty company I used for a prior new home. The only issue I have is that I have to constantly follow up and chase some of the contractors who get assigned. I still have no resolution to an electrical issue and a broken ceiling fan.

P. Gordon Manteca, CA

It would be 5 star if they had a central scheduling system. Waiting for individual services to get back to you is not good. The services from these individual companies has always been more than satisfactory. AHS as a provider is lacking the customer service touch.

Margaret Laskey Lynchburg, VA

I have had a contract with AHS for several years. They have provided above average services. My biggest critique is at times they don't always have the top contractors. I don't necessarily blame the company as you have to have the people willing to provide qualified services.

KIM H. WILLIAMS Belding, MI

The claim initiation process could be streamlined. Finding an available vendor can be a lengthy process. (I recently filed a claim for a leaking water heater and from the time of the initial call until the water heater was replaced was 8 days) I don't know why I have to pay $100 up front before a vendor can even be located

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Apr. 1st, 2021

Meghan Bernier La Plata, MD

Excellent customer service. Good problem resolution in a timely manner. However, maybe a better process when picking contractors. Having to pay 75.00 more than once for the same call due to an error not in my control wasn’t fun.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us. We are working diligently to improve the overall member experience and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Apr. 5th, 2021

P. Childs Lexington, MS

It was an okay process to get service. American Home Shield should have it to where you don't have to pay 100.00 until they actually come to the house to do the service. Because the guy didn't even call me I had to call him and he couldn't find my info.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing. We apologize is there was a delay with your appointment. The service fee is due any time the request is entered regardless of the appointment date. If there is an issue where the appointment was never set or met, please follow up with us for a refund.

Apr. 5th, 2021

Bill Hardy Minneapolis, MN

Good overall service so far. Claims are very easy to get taken care of.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bill, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Francisco Carvallo Blacksburg, VA

The have almost always responded fast. Only once I had to find another vendor.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Francisco, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Rob Howey Dallas, TX

Overall good. Sometimes a wait to get a service call scheduled

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rob, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Horisa Terrell Ford Byram, MS

Everything has been great! I have had this service for a few years.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Horisa, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Cheryl Snow Tulsa, OK

Excellent and better ways to communicate for service. Coverage it better.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cheryl, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Robert E Thomas III Pahrump, NV

AHS did well, but it took 3 weeks for the assigned contractor to call.

Anita Squier Peyton, CO

I had to call to find out about my refrigerator repair..AHS did not intact me regarding the replacement. If I hadn’t Allen them, not sure when the process would have been accomplished. I dealt with some very nice people in the purchasing dept., and one person who was very rude and unhelpful. Turns out the email they were sending me had the wrong email address. If we hadn’t called back, and talked to a very helpful young man, who looked into the issue and his supervisor found the problem. The previous rep would not allow us to talk to a supervisor.

Reply from American Home Shield

Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. We are working diligently to improve the overall member experience and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Mar. 18th, 2021

Ramona Williams North Augusta, SC

sometimes you get a rep that refuse to assist you properly in all the years that happen twice, a few weeks ago i had a rep that only wanted to tell me what he seen in the record he refused to call to see if my new unit had arrived nor if there was a date for the arrival, once i called back the young lady called C&C confirmed my united had arrived and asked about an install date, it was cold and i had not heat but did he care no but I was glad I called back and was able to get setup and unit installed within a few days some reps may need additional training

Larry Sawyer Garland, TX

They are great and always successful wirh the little things,. But when I lost the refrigerator they failed to repair over five months with no offer to replace. I bought a new one. When our dryer failed they took seven months to fix and still does not perform satisfactory. Again no offer to replace. I still keep them because in the total they are a good value!

Brian Brown Reynoldsburg, OH

Ahs service request do on line quick. By phone dont waste your time they send good quality peple to your home that are good. And fix most problem that day but when somthing cant be fixed they dont like to replace it took 4 months for refrigerator and three companys spent more on service than it cost to buy new didnot care it was the holidays and no frig

David Denson Chesapeake, VA

Reasons for not giving 5 stars; 1. The cost seems a little high to me for the size of my home though I admit I have none done comparisons. 2. The, "what is covered list" does not seem to be very detailed and a bit confusing. 3. Upon an issue arising that required approval, an e-mail was sent and no phone call. Over all I do think it is a 3 program. The overall service we have received has been 4 and we have been very pleased with companies that performed repairs. Thank you.

Charlotte Shingledecker Duncanville, TX

When I called I could only speak to a recording which was so frustrating. The service assigned to me does not work on the weekends my house was 62 degrees and a non-fumctioning furnace . They came on Monday...with the furnace out it was a cold weekend. The Service representative was very kind, efficient, and worked well and we had HEAT again! Can't answer the value as I don't know what other companies cost. My cost is always $75.

Amy Leigh Martin Raleigh, NC

The appointments happen quickly. It's the parts ordering that slows things down.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Amy. Thank you for taking time to write a review of your experience. I am sorry to hear that there has been an issue with parts being delayed. We understand the importance of getting repair needs resolved as quickly as possible. I would be happy to speak with you if there is any unresolved issue that still needs to be addressed.

Aug. 31st, 2021

Anthony Washington Ladson, SC

They’ve generally been fast and reliable when needing service. Has saved us a lot of money.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anthony, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the service we provide!

Aug. 27th, 2021

Diana E SJOBERG Las Vegas, NV

They just replaced my dishwasher. It had multiple issues which left dishes incompletely clean.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diana. Thank your for taking time to write a review. We are here to take the hassle out of unexpected repair needs. It's great to know we were able to do so for you with replacing your diswasher. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Sep. 1st, 2021

Syd V. Thompson Allen, TX

Customer service is spotty at the first level. Better if you can get past that level

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Syd. Thank you for your review. We appreciate and welcome your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had the best experience with the customer service provided. We undersand the importance of professional and effective service for our members. We look forward to providing you with a better service experience in the future.

Aug. 31st, 2021

Mike

In general I have had no problems with AHS. I understand that they tend to use lower 'quality' providers since they are the ones likely to be willing to accept lower reimbrsements, but I have had only a few instances where I did not want to use their provider or did not like them. I recently found a provider that wanted to charge me more for a job than a second-opinion I obtained, and I went with the second opinion. But, to their credit, AHS did pay me what they would have given their provider for the job. Basically they only pay about $500 for under slab access and they paid me that and I used my own contractor. I've been with AHS for 18 years and have overall been satisfied, as well as saved money.

Aileen C Young Bluffton, SC

AHS is quick to respond to a need when something unexpected arises with issue related to AC unit or major appliance.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aileen. Thank you for taking time tolet us know about your service experience. We love taking the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS as your warranty company.

Aug. 20th, 2021

Jason Jimerson Greenwood, IN

I find the service people quick and helpful. When things have to be replaced is sometimes too much of a hassle.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jason. Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you have been pleased with the response time for repairs. We are here to take the hassle and worry out of home repairs. Please let us know if there is any unresolved issue we may further assist with.

Peggy San Angelo, TX

My A/C was not cooling in the middle of June in Texas. The out come was good and my A/C was fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Peggy. Thank you for letting us know about the positive outcome with your air conditioning. We understand how important it is to get your air up and working as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you again.

Steve Delashmit Bowling Green, KY

Respond quickly but there is no good communication between the customer and the company who is Assigned to you.

Kahalida Bunn Fort Lauderdale, FL

Great service, very quick responses to requests even on the weekends. Very efficient process from start to finish.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Kahalida, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Bryan Nagle Dothan, AL

Never had an issue, except when/if I requested documents. Some call center communication difficulties.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bryan. Thank you. We value your feedback and opinion. It is good to know that you have not had any issues. We also appreciate the feedback regarding areas for improvement and look forward to taking to care of your next repair need.

Aug. 13th, 2021

Brian R Cooper Clever, MO

a/c quit working, sent request for service, repair people came out that day, but there were issues with that service

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brian. Thank you for taking time to rate your repair experience. It's great to know you received service the same day for your AC. We do our best to provide prompt and reliable service for our members. I am sorry to hear that there was an issue with your service. I would be happy to speak with you regarding that issue.

Aug. 13th, 2021

Karen Rutledge Salinas, CA

I am happy with the service, however, not too happy that they couldn't provide an appliance or installation when needed

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the coverage we provide!

Sep. 1st, 2021