Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

Martha

Excellent- the service time is very good.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Martha, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Anthony Papantonio Jamestown, NC

ITs a good company but trying to call in a problem is a little problemsome

Alecco Bellini Broomall, PA

Based on an experience from this past weekend, I am giving you a 4-star rating and here is why. When I contacted AHS on Saturday (weekend) concerning my dryer, that was supposed to be fixed a few days before, but was not, deep down I expected the repair to happen right same or next day. Today is Monday, and after even 2 days, I have not yet heard anything about my appointment. I am sitting here and thinking, how can AHS be in my world when I call in for a messed up dryer? Some issues cannot wait for days. This is an open question and I want to share because maybe AHS can relook into this service aspect from the customer's world/view and make some critical repairs be done even during a weekend. Thanks for reading this point and I am sending this with great appreciation and sense of curiosity and making a bigger difference in the world.

K Henderson West Chester, OH

When I purchased my new home (condo), it came with a 2 year home warranty. Once the 2 year warranty expired, I needed a Home Warranty that would fit my budget. The one that came with my home purchase was too expensive for my budget. AHS was the best option for me. My parents have AHS and love it. When I turned on the heat (this year 2020), my furnace started blowing out cool air instead of heat. I called to have it checked out and serviced. The service guy informed me of a leak and the part would need to be replaced. I was informed of the cost for the repairs. Once the replacement part was paid for and was picked up, the Heating & air company used by AHS, came to make the repairs. The service guy, who came to fixed the repairs, ended up welding the areas of leakage; which means the replacement part was never used. Other than that, I am glad it was able to be fixed so i could have heat for the winter days ahead. Prayerfully, this repair will last for a while. If I didn't have AHS, the cost would have been much higher.

David Sorenson Oconomowoc, WI

Very responsive for arranging repair person. We had two cases: 1) dishwasher repair completed via one repair person; 2) refrigerator was a nightmare because it required an authorized GE repair person, eventually had to have firm that installed it do the repair and pay them ourselves, but we were reimbursed. HOWEVER, THEIR RENEWAL RATE IS A HUGE INCREASE OVER THE RATE FOR FIRST YEAR. WON'T RENEW AT THAT RATE.

Julian R Willis Tyler, TX

I've only been a member/subscriber for last 4 months. I've requested repair service on 2 separate system and/or appliance needs in that 4 months. Everything has worked as advertised by AHS in both incidents. Smooth as silk in client's reporting of repair needs, AHS's scheduling a repair service provider, AHS incident follow-up, and AHS's wrap-up processes. In adfition, the services providers performance in both incidents has been sterling.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Julian, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Aug. 20th, 2020

Della Rene' Watts Hobbs, NM

Work order requests are turned in on-line. AHS is quick to notify the repair company & email me of which company has been assigned. But if you want to talk to a person on the phone, forget it. I have never had any success. I have been on hold for up to 1 hour on several occasions. The work has always been completed in a timely manner and I have never been charged more than the agreed upon $75 per repair order fee. Over all I am satisfied. But I would be extremely satisfied if the option to speak with a human was there.

Reply from American Home Shield

HI Della, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy!

Jul. 15th, 2020

Frank Natividad Austin, TX

The coverage is great for the cost but, I find it annoying that they won’t cover repair costs for damage that is necessary for a repair. For example....some time ago I had a second story tub repaired. The plumber cut a 3’x3’ hole in my ceiling, did the repair and left. American Home Shield wouldn’t cover the cost either. I’m putting this out there because it was an eye opener for me and if they ever begin covering these types of cost they will get 5 stars from me.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Frank, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jun. 10th, 2020

Kathy Spencer Arvada, CO

Usually gets the job done pretty quickly. The only problem I have is when they were supposed to take my spouse off my account and instead charged my x's credit card instead of mine. Usually all service gets done quickly. M - th is best times to make a service call. If you make a service call that is an emergency on f - Su. Usually you wint get a call back from the company coming to do the work because they have a 48 hour leeway to call you back.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, Thank you for your feedback about your AHS experience!

Jun. 7th, 2020

Robert Ringenberg

For the most part I have been happy with their service. The only problem I have experienced is with one of their technician subcontractors who was awful. When my washing machine broke, the tech AHS sent out reported it was a control board but since they no longer made that control board they replaced the washing machine. And they replaced it with a very nice model. So I will keep AHS and feel better about what I will do if something in my home breaks.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Robert, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

May. 22nd, 2020

Lipano

Had 2 issues they didnt approve.ONE WAS MY FURNACE THATVWAS BROKE FOR 8 DAYS AND FINALLY CAME OUT THEN STILL COULDNT FIX WAS TOLD TO GO TO COMPANY OF MY CHOICE I DID AND THEY DIDNT COVER IT!!!!!NEXT ONE WAS WASHER SAID I OVERLOADED IT BUT ONLY HAD A NLANKET IN IT AND SHOULDNT OF BROKE.I DONT KNOW HOW OLD IT WAS WHEN WE MOVED IN SO COULD HAVE BEEN WORN OUT ALREADY Y

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lipano, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy. I would be glad to speak with you and discuss the denied claims.

Apr. 21st, 2020

Debbie Vertrees

I have been with them 20 years, during this time I have had items fo our on me. I guess only having 1 bad experience is pretty good for 20 years, but you know how it is, people always remember the bad. It was a language barrier, still upsets me to this day. Why can't they get English speaking associates? Other than that issue they would of been 5 stars! I want to talk to someone in English, they understand English & don't sound like they're reading from the script they do read from.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Debbie, Your patronage of 20 plus years is more than appreciated! Thank you for sharing your American Home Shield experience with us! We strive to provide you with a great service experience and knowledgeable contractors to complete each repair.

Apr. 17th, 2020

Lynn

The service professional's work was great. However, the service reps for home shield were hard to understand and they didn't seem to grasp what the repair entailed. It ended up not being covered after a couple of phone calls from service techs that said they didn't do that work. It was frustrating. The garage door issue was handled promptly, tho.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Lynn, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Apr. 2nd, 2020

Danny

We have had very good luck with them. Most recently, last month our water heater went out and we had the issue resolved and water heater replaced in less than 24 hours. We've used them 3 times over three years and the only issue we had was related to their billing computer. We had called on an issue but was able to get it fixed without needing them, so we cancelled the call. They showed us as delinquent on a $100 payment for about two months because of an issue with clearing the info from their computer. Only issue we've had and it was eventually resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Danny. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Take Care.

Mar. 17th, 2020

Newer customer

Repeatedly asked company to not use a 1 star rated repair company, they would not listen to my reasoning. Ended up taken 2 months of frustration before paying for my new stove during the Holiday season. I was frustrated with the repair company (that I requested not to use). The second time Ibhad to use that same company for my refrigerator that company provided excellent service. I would have liked American Home Shield to listen better.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your most recent AHS experience. We are glad to hear about the repairs that were completed and would be glad to speak with you and discuss the issues that occurred.

Feb. 26th, 2020

Sue Bradley Oklahoma City, OK

Everything was done in a timely manner land everyone was courteous and knowledgeable

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sue, We hope you continue to appreciate American Home Shield and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Nicole Briggs Green Pond, SC

Requesting a repair was very easy and the company they work with did an excellent job.

Carla R. Daniels Columbus, OH

I have only had one call so far and they were prompt and quick to get me a service provider out.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carla, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Karyn Annapolis, MD

They respond quickly and are efficient in making sure the repair happens as quickly as possible.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karyn, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS service experience and the issue to have the repairs completed.

Jul. 17th, 2021

Diane Kanally Chico, CA

First call for service took a month before I was contacted. Second call and tech came next day

Larry Spitzer Montgomery, TX

Wait time on phone calls is astronomically long. You need a bathroom break while on hold

R Viteebo Lawrenceville, GA

AHS has always been very responsive and refers reliable and competent contractors.

Raul Rodriguez

Very prompt and professional. They were able to set up a vendor very quickly and efficient

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Raul, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Edward Heckler El Paso, TX

Very prompt with response, sent plumbing company within 2 hours to check on ourcclaim

Patricia D Jones Merrillville, IN

I have had good experiences with the technicians, and customer service representatives!

Girish Tampa, FL

Good coverage, needs improvement in timeliness and need online chat availability

John Hemphill, TX

Good service even though I live in an area with few service technicians available

Sandra Krupala Harlingen, TX

Everything was good, but they always have to order a part and come back 10 days to 2 weeks later.

Pamela D Federick Berwyn, IL

They are responsive, however getting the contractors out in a timely manner is sometimes impossible

Maria D Encinas Tucson, AZ

I recommend AHS because of the Fast Service, saves me money, and keeps me worry free.

Mark Breeland Las Vegas, NV

lead time is a bit protracted. American Home Shield's customer service has been excellent.

Pamela Reeves Colorado Springs, CO

American Home Shield is convenient and offers an easy online interface to request service.

Robert Darouze Modesto, CA

work was good. knowledgeable, helpful but replacements not higher quality cheaper contactor grade

Paul A Schooler Lebanon, MO

Had A/C problems and they sent out a reliable company and fixed our A/C within 2 days.

Earl Thompson Upper Marlboro, MD

Reliable for the most part. Still may need to do a better job vetting some of these contractors.

James Whitfield Whitney, TX

Only issue I've had and have heard from others is how long it takes to replace an appliance

Gordon Litzenberger Chelan, WA

Good company to do business with. We received excellent customer support. Thank you AHS

Barbara Capozzi Las Vegas, NV

Good job but the deductible can be more expensive than the repairs on certain calls.

Charles Vindon

I rates timeliness, AHS assigned a services n the vendor on contacting me for a good well date.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, Your feedback in regard to your American Home Shield experience is more than appreciated. I hope you continue to enjoy the coverage and service we provide.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Sonoma Jordan Woodbridge, VA

So far the experience has be good. I think my get valued service for the money I pay.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sonoma, Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Mike and Sharon Maccombs Reynoldsburg, OH

Usually we wait until we've been with a company longer before we give them a perfect score.

Mutsumi Angevine Walnut Creek, CA

Follows through to fix problems; requires wait 24 business hours or so each between contact persons

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mutsumi, Your feedback in regard to your American Home Shield experience is more than appreciated. I hope you continue to enjoy the coverage and service we provide.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Robert Escobedo Lockhart, TX

American Home Shield is very prompt at resolving break downs. I just wish they would cover more on coverage.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback about your AHS experience. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jun. 17th, 2021

Scott Lauren Harmony, PA

Tried to get AHS TO RESPOND to a delivered oven that was damaged in transit. They responded then dropped their duties

Yvonne P Crenshaw Richmond, VA

I've only had the opportunity to use them twice since i've had them but each time the service was prompt and reliable.

Terri Austin East Lansing, MI

The customer service was very good. The only thing that bothered me was having to pay 100 everytime for a house call

Rudy Hernandez Wichita, KS

First time I had to request a tech. To check my fridge I was referred to someone that had no idea what he was doing

Ratna Nandakumar Newark, DE

It takes me a too long time to reach someone for help. Ready access to customer service is important.

Verne Washington, DC

Responsive, to request for services although the communication needs further work with representatives

Chris DaCosta Sahuarita, AZ

Even though the technician was still on site, I was not too happy that there was another service call fee.