Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

Billy Gressett Brownwood, TX

Garage door opener stopped working on 4/11/21. Called AHS for service and they had no contractor in my area that would work with them. On 5/7/21 they allowed me to find my own contractor. Just needed to follow their rules to get reimbursed. After many attempts to reach AHS for authorization and hours on hold that the contractor didn't have, one was finally given on 6/23/21. Work was completed and I payed the invoice only to receive a letter stating the repairs would not be covered. Interesting that the letter denying service only took 3 days to arrive and I spent nearly 3 months getting the door fixed. I'm out the invoice plus the $75. Too bad I can't go below one star. We will be cancelling our service (or lack of) with AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Billy, Thank you for bringing your most recent American Home Shield experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to address the service fee charge and delay for repairs.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Todd Lacey Palm Desert, CA

Worst customer service experience I've ever been through. The AHS process is to protect the vendor and not to protect the subscriber, the actual person who pays the premiums. My vender left my broken pool filter strewed around, left to get the part, and NEVER RETURNED. AHS keeps waiting days-on-end for a detailed diagnosis from the shady vendor. The vendor has received a lot of 1-star ratings on Google for poor service, yet AHS protects them and doesn't seem interested in taking care of me, the customer who pays the premiums. Heck, Old Republic was better than this, believe it or not. I respect process, but almost a week later and I have no resolution. And AHS is STILL waiting on the vendor and making me wait with a broken pool filter ... in 118 degree weather ... terribly disappointed in this company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Todd, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience to have the pool filter repaired. I would be glad to look into the issues and speak with you to reach a resolution.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Dani Velazco Huntersville, NC

American Home Shield always rigs the reports from service techs so that they do not "cover" the repair. I filed a claim because our water heater started leaking from the bottom and was flooding our garage. The leak fills a bucket a day from the bottom of the unit. Service tech comes out sees the leak, then sees a little water stain at the top and tests the water pressure and says it is high. When I follow up with AHS - they completely deny that there is a leak due to rust at the bottom, only acknowledge that something happened at the top and denied service on water heater. I asked for a second opinion and called the original service tech - he said that he submitted both problems for service. AHS erased the main problem so they did not have to cover the repair. When I called their service line to follow up - and point out the inconsistency in what they were reporting as the problem. Instead of being helped I was placed on hold for an hour and then hung up on after waiting an hour for the rep to return. This place is a scam!

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Dani, for your your feedback regarding the experience with your water heater. I am sorry to hear that it was determined the issue was not covered. I would be happy to look further into this matter and see if I may be able to assist with a resolution.

Jun. 28th, 2021

Henry Rahr Los Angeles, CA

AHS breached my warranty contract by denying a claim based on incorrect information. I had filed a very simple claim for leaking bathroom faucets, and their position was that the faucets were "missing components" (Which per section 1.e.g.i, they can use to deny a claim), referring to the water cartridges, which were in fact present. The photos that their chosen contractors had taken even included the cartridges still in the faucets. After spending significant time on the phone attempting to reason with various AHS employees, they still chose to deny my claim. My guess is either the contractor/s had lied to collect the $75 service fee and move on to other easy jobs, or AHS misclassified their report in an attempt to curtail their contractual responsibility to cover the very items they advertise to cover. either way, this incorrect information was easily disproven by the photos they already possessed. So here we are. I've reported this situation to: the Better Business Bureau; the CA Department of Insurance; among other review sites. I'm sure this review will cause significantly more concern than losing out a few bucks on a claim that they were contractually obligated to fulfill - so, good job on that. My advice to you as a potential customer is to stay away from AHS, unless you enjoy a false sense of security. AHS - If this it what it took for you to want to resolve this, contact me via the email on contract # 453560787.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Henry. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your plumbing repair experience. I am sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter.

Jun. 28th, 2021

Monet Morning Hudson, WI

Honestly wish I could give a lower start than 1. We have 2 service requests in at the moment. The first from 2 months ago, our refrigerator isn't working properly at the part is not available. We've actually been told the issue is a potential fire hazard. Not only did they not show up when they said (simply just didn't come), they have also NEVER followed up....EVER! I have called in about 7 times, every time being told that it would be addressed/escalated/figured out. Nothing. Literally on hold with them again right now, reason I'm on hold again? The representative hung up on me. Our second request was for a sewage back-up in our basement. It was an emergency situation and we were told that they would have someone with us within 4 hours, called them back 3 times and they said we HAD to wait the 4 hours - after 4 hours passed, nothing. We had to wait overnight. My husband finally got them to agree that we could contact a contractor ourselves (they couldn't find one and instead of getting us anyone, as it was an emergency, were making us wait); they gave us a number to call when the contractor arrived so he could start working right away. Well, my husband was on hold for 1 hour and 22 minutes, the contractor left for another job and came back before anyone even answered. The service is so terrible, the promises aren't kept. I've asked to speak to a supervisor almost every single call, and have always been denied or told someone would call me back, but that never happens. I am so disappointed that I have them as warranty company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Monet. Thank you for providing feedback to let us know about your repair experiences. I am very sorry to hear that the problems you are having have not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you and see how I can assist with getting a resolution for you.

Jun. 25th, 2021

Todd Columbus, OH

8 days without even one phone call from American Home Shield. Central Air not working. Below are all calls I made to AHS. One is a call-back from AHS after I waited 50 minutes on hold. 6/16/21 - 8am - Requested service for Central Air Conditioner/not working. 6/17/21 - 8am - Told to call back in 4 hours. 6/17/21 - 12:24pm - Told to call back 7:30 tomorrow. 6/18/21 - 7:45am - Told still looking for a contractor. Supervisor to call me back. 6/18/21 - 11:30am - No call from Supervisor. Told being submitted for me to find a contractor and get reimbursed. Told to wait for a call. 6/18/21 - 3:00pm - Called to find out why they charged my credit card $100 (normal service fee) yet have not provided me a contractor. I begged them to let me find a contractor then they could reimburse me. Was told if I let anyone look at my AC it could negate my warranty. 6/18/21 - 4:40pm - Same Line; "looking for a contractor" 6/19/21 - 1:45pm - Same Line; "looking for a contractor" 6/20/21 - 1:36pm - Same Line; "looking for a contractor". Told it will be Monday before I get a call. 6/21/21 - 10:36am - Same Line; "looking for a contractor". Told my request was being sent from dispatch to another department and it will be 24-48hrs before a contractor calls. 6/22/21 - 3:35pm - Called sales line. Gentleman seemed sympathetic and bewildered that I haven't heard from AHS. Gave two numbers to call and said to ask for a supervisor. Called both and get the same message. 6/22/21 - 3:50pm - Same Line; "looking for a contractor". Talked to a representative who could not switch me to a supervisor. But when I insisted, she said she could put me on hold and a supervisor would get with me. Said wait time was 40 minutes. 6/22/21 – 6:01pm – Waited 50 minutes on hold for a supervisor. I hung up. 6/22/21 – 6:26pm – AHS called me. Told me they are having trouble locating a contractor. Put me on hold to call the one contractor in Louisville, KY that they have. He left message with contractor. Told me he will get right on it first thing in the morning. 6/23/21 – 4:35pm - Same Line; "looking for a contractor" 6/24/21 – 3:45pm - Same Line; "looking for a contractor" 6/25/21 – 10:00am – Friday - AHS called with authorization for me to contact an HVAC contractor to diagnose my central air. Contractor is to diagnose the problem then call AHS with an estimate so AHS can approve the cost to fix the unit. If AHS approves the estimate, I have to pay the contractor, then submit the invoice to AHS for reimbursement. I will continue to update as my situation progresses. 6/25/21 – Contractor A looked at central air. Determined the compressor is shot, unit needs to be replaced. Contractor A called AHS. AHS wants Contractor A to use AHS equipment. Contractor A’s technician said he would have to check with his boss. As of next morning (Saturday), no word from technician. Late in the evening I received email from AHS stating a different contractor, Contractor B, had been assigned to me. Confusing. 6/26/21 – Called Contractor A, left a message for them to call me. Emailed AHS asking for an update. Contractor A called back. The technician said he didn’t call back because AHS had him on hold for 50 minutes before he could let them know Contractor A absolutely would not install AHS equipment. About 6pm I received an email from AHS that I was authorized to find a contractor. I’m not sure if Contractor B turned the job down without even calling me, or is AHS sending me emails from different departments who don’t know what the other is doing. 6/28/21 – 8am – Monday – Called Contractor B. They said they didn’t have a request from AHS. They said their account was put on hold (by Contractor B) because they were so busy, they were not taking requests from any home warranty companies. Emailed AHS and explained my conversation with Contractor B. About an hour later I received a call from AHS that they had spoken to Contractor A and that Contractor A would do the work, & I should expect a call from Contractor A. Another hour passed and Contractor A called to schedule fixing my central on Friday. 7/2/21 – Friday – Contractor A replaced central air unit. I paid Contractor in full. 7/6/21 – Emailed invoices to AHS for reimbursement. 7/13/21 – No reimbursement yet. 7/15/21—Emailed AHS contact asking when I should reasonably expect my reimbursement. I was told they didn’t get my email with invoice copies. Was told to email AHS again and email sent to my AHS contact. 7/24/21—Received Reimbursement check. Issue completely resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Todd. Thank you for letting us know about what has taken place when you have called for service on your air conditioning. I am very sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you and see how I may assist with getting a resolution.

Jun. 25th, 2021

John Tracy, CA

I have had AHS for a long time and every time I have a claim I have to fight them to get it covered. First it was a front loader washer that had a bad bearing but it " Functioned" so denied which the tech told me they would do. Then I had a water heater break at our beach house. and had an out of pocket of over 1,000.00 which really is the cost of a water heater plus I had my 100.00 deductible so 1100. OOP. Now I have an AC that stopped blowing cold and paid my 100.00 and the tech came out and said hat it was low on refrigerant and that AHS will only pay 10.00 a pound and the cost is 70.00 a pound and my unit takes 15 lbs. Then the guys said I had a leak in the evaporator coil. It has been 110 degrees and my AC has been out a week now and yesterday I finally got the "good news" that they will cover the cost of the evaporator cooler parts and labor but there are some out of pocket expenses that they don't cover such as a permit and some modifications.... I asked ow much and it was almost 2,900.00 out of pocket plus the 100.00 deductible! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! Asked to talk to a supervisor who said too bad so sad and I asked to talk to his supervisor and he said that I would get a call within 24 hours but of course never came. So here I still sit in 110 degree heat 10 days later no further than I was so I just called a local AC company that will be fixing the whole thing for 500.00 less than the my "out of pocket " amount through AHS.and no permit required!!! Bunch of crook, total scam Anything that goes wrong they get out of paying, I am done with AHS, liars and total scammers

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John. I am very sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with your repair experiences through AHS. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding the issues you have had.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Nick Lowery Scottsdale, AZ

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Terrible client experience and their reviews clearly show that this company should not do business. I sold my house December 2020, I called in to cancel my warranty effectively January 1st since I would no longer be living in the home I just sold. Come to find out, they never cancelled the warranty but instead started another year of monthly payments without notifying. I have been paying a home warranty for the last 6 months and I don't even own the house. More importantly, in the settlement statement of the sale it clearly shows the transfer of warranties and the transfer of ownership. It gets better! I called Home Shield to get this corrected and reimbursed. They are unwilling to help me and they will not credit me the $685 dollars I have paid since January for a house I no longer live in. They stated that I MUST provide phone records of the exact date and time and even though they are a company that records calls for quality assurance purposes they do not have the recordings on file of when I called in the day I moved out???? This entire company is a scam and everything they "tried" to assist me with made no sense. I am now stuck with a $685 tab and in order for me to cancel again - they are charging me another $57 for the cancellation! What a joke! I get they are cheaper but the proof is in the pudding here. Cheap breaks and cheap has terrible client service. I will never use this company in my own line of work nor will I refer any human to use their services as well. I have been in the mortgage industry for 16 years as a Vice President and client satisfaction is everything. They are clearly in the wrong and the lady OR "manager" has no clue or any managerial experience. I guess this is why they have a 2.58 out of 5 stars. What a shame and more importantly how petty.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nick. I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had with cancelling your warranty and being reimbursed during the time you paid when your home was sold. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter and see if there may be any further assistance I can offer.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Kelleigh Ash Clovis, CA

I have a contract with AHS for two years. I had a hot water heater explode all over my basement. I filed a service ticket online 6/16. It was assigned a contractor quickly, so I called them to schedule an emergency appointment. They could not get me in until the week of 6/20 (did I mention I have water spewing all over my basement?). I turned off the water, and called AHS back the morning of 6/17. I sat on hold for 1 hour and 38 minutes before having to hang up due to work. I then called AHS back Sunday 6/20 and spoke with two agents (Chris and Christine separately), to gain authorization to choose my own contractor since theirs could not get me in for an emergency appointment. AHS called the contractor who stated they could get me 6/21, and that AHS "did not pay for emergency appointments". I asked again to choose my own contractor since I had an emergency situation, and I had water leaking everywhere in my basement and needed it fixed ASAP. I was told no. I asked if AHS would cover the trim, carpet and drywall that the water was damaging, and I was told that AHS did not cover "secondary damage". I then asked four times to speak to a supervisor. I was told that the supervisors communicate only via email and that a supervisor would call me back within 1 hour. Not surprisingly, I never received a call. I have paid thousands of dollars for a home warranty that will not stand behind their contractual agreement, especially in the case of an emergency situation. I can honestly say this is the worst customer service experience of my life. I will never recommend this company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelleigh, I hate to hear about your most recent service experience to have the issues repaired through American Home Shield.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Kim Nguyen Brighton, CO

I've had 3 accounts with American home shield...And recently, A plumber from Crown Home and services went out to my rental house , rushed through the entire process since he mentioned that he had to be somewhere. He fixed one thing but never came back to replace the faucet so I had to hire a different plumber and paid another $300 to fix it, in addition to the $100 deductible that I had to pay AHS. A few weeks ago, I called AHS for another plumber issue for a different property. A Plumber from Colorado Plumbing & Plumbing went out to fix one faucet and it is still not fixed properly. He then said he would come back to fix the other faucet in the kitchen but he never did and never called me. I then tried calling and left multiple voicemails and still nothing. I even called AHS to try and get this resolved but they told me that they could not get a hold of this company and said that a different plumber would reach out to me the next day. It's been a week and I still have not heard from anyone. So again, I paid the deductible but for $125 this time and none of the faucets has been fixed. I am super frustrated and will cancel my service soon but I will dispute both charges with my credit card company...AHS is horrible. I have asked to speak to a manager but the representative said that there was no manager onsite??? HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kim, I hate to hear about your most recent American Home Shield experience to have the plumbing issues resolved. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Alex L

First, I want to cancel my plan effective immediately after this month. The customer service has been horrendous since I’ve been dealing with AHS. It was something I just dealt with due to the fact I needed service requests, but I have reached my last straw with them. I have called repeatedly since Saturday, and have not got any help at all. My house has been 88 degrees upstairs and 85 degrees downstairs, and I placed a work order online on Sunday and even after they advertise 24/7 emergency help A-USA air conditioning was not available. I called about 10 times today to schedule service/get a recall done from my LAST SERVICE THAT WAS NEVER REPAIRED, just to be told that my 30 day period was up on the 20th yesterday so I would have to pay another $75 even though the issue was never fixed. How can that be fair if I scheduled yesterday AND called just to be hung up on yesterday. Today, I tried to escalate the call today twice just to be hung up on the first time, and still charged the service fee the 2nd time. Also, the vendors suggested are not available until July 1st, so they are basically asking me to burn up until then. Does nobody understand the urgency of an emergency? Either way I am completely sick of AHS, the crappy vendors you assign, and the extremely insensitive and unhelpful customer service. I will be much more happy to go spend my money with a company that actually cares to take care of their customer in a timely manner, and doesn’t charge for issues that were never fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good evening Alex, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS service experience to get the issues resolved with American Home Shield. I would be glad to speak with you at your convenience to discuss the AC repairs.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Bernitha L Patterson Pooler, GA

Because I do not like the part where we pay every month and when we need you we still have to come out of pocket for more than expected. Instead of putting it in small print you should highlight it more. For what you are paying for those two part you could have just purchase a new one since my main parts needed replacement. I pray that I am getting all new parts and not refurbish parts.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bernitha, thank you for letting us know about the experience for your repair needs with AHS. We know that it can be frustrating when there are out of pocket expenses. We are here to address your concerns. I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Kim Lake Forest, CA

They send out horrible companies to do repairs who often have very low ratings. Customer service people are awful and keep asking you the same qsts you've already answered. They also charged me twice for 1 call and it took awhile for them to see it was their error and reimburse us. They have canceled our repair request without notifying us, or their vendor cancelled because they couldn't do the repair, but didn't notify us.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kim, Thank you for making us aware of your most recent service experience with an AHS. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

May. 27th, 2021

F. Tibbs San Antonio, TX

Evaporator Coil leaked, AHS vendor American Airconditioning up-charged $2,200. I elected the cash option $ 678.00. If AHS only covers $678.00. Why use them, l can use my vendor of choice, whom l trust and they provide quality service at a fair price. AHS charges monthly fees a service charge when shady vendors come out, and the they never fully cover major repairs. You are better off saving your money and going with someone you trust.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi F. Tibbs, I hate to hear about the additional non covered cost to complete the evap coil repair. I owuld be glad to discuss your experience.

May. 27th, 2021

Rene Cumming, GA

I have spoken to 15 different people about the same complaint (them charging me multiple times for visits when they booked the original service wrong) They will not call back, solve the problem or pay me. Also the companies they sent out were frauds and my total HVAC unit that should have been covered was nickeled and dimed and they only covered 1 part.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rene, Thank you for bringing your most recent issues with the HVAC system to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

May. 11th, 2021

Yim Pun Los Altos, CA

The repair service takes too long to get serviced. I had a service request to repair the water heater but it took a week for the AHS to have a contractor come to my house to diagnose the problem and it takes the last 3 weeks to get the contractor to respond with a fix. I still haven't got any response back from AHS on what to do next. Very disppointing.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Yim, Thank you for bringing the issues with the water heater to our attention. We would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

May. 12th, 2021

Gary T Waddell, AZ

As long as you don't have to speak to anyone at AHS directly they are good. They have probably the worst customer service I have ever worked with. 1-2 hour hold times. Rude people. No way to get back to anyone so always start all over. We have had 3 claims total - luckily two were completely online for AHS part. The one that wasn't took 2 months because working with AHS directly is a total nightmare. The contractors are good. It is 100% total breakdown if you need to speak to a human at AHS. They have ZERO customer support.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gary, I hate to hear about your most recent experience with customer service and the two month delay. I would be glad to speak you.

May. 11th, 2021

Christine Virginia Beach, VA

Terrible customer service. Took a month to get an answer on my plumbing issue. I had to call every week for the past month and kept getting promises that my issue would be handled. Now I have a home inspection set up and still no resolution. On the third time I called they tried to tell me that the technician deemed the appliance to be broken from not normal west and tear. Which is completely opposite of what the technician told me AND what he wrote on his work order which I plan to email to your company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christine, I would be glad to speak with you about the plumbing issues and denials to have the repair completed.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Dawn Harper Battle Ground, WA

Doesn’t feel legitimate. Customer service is almost nonexistent. Don’t try calling, a person will never answer. We’ve requested service for a couple of issues, but the ‘companies’ assigned to us were impossible to contact. Finally we got one thing fixed. I don’t know why this company gets good reviews. It must be employees and their relatives, because this has been nothing but a night for us. I’m switching companies ASAP

Reply from American Home Shield

I hate to hear you were not satisfied with your experience with us and I would like to connect with you regarding it.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Jared Wesson Savannah, TN

A claim was denied- I bought a house and the inspector missed a significant issue with the A/C unit. Now I am having to come out of pocket for a new compressor. I had to pay 75$ for a tech to come look at under the warranty agreement but nothing was done. Why even have the coverage if it won’t apply? It’s criminal. It’s not my fault that the inspector didn’t do his job. Having this is supposed to help if something is wrong within the first year.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Dennis Chicago, IL

This is the most horrible company I have ever dealt with their customer service sucks they have people in the Philippines who are reading from a script I had water in my basement for seven days without the assistance they called a contractor out who came out lied and told them that the service can be fixed I had to do a second opinion with you and the other guy came out and got it done this is the most bogus company I have ever ever dealt with and I wish I have never did business with them

Mar. 26th, 2021

Lisa W. Stockbridge, GA

Their practices are deceptive; ads that currently running states that they will replace an appliance if it can't be repaired. What they fell to state is that the homeowner will be responsible for the majority of the cost to replace. If you choose not to use the service provider they contracted, you can receive the 'cash out' option which is far less than the cost of the equipment and dies not include labor!

Mar. 29th, 2021

Eugene T. Eagan, MN

I had a claim that took 3 months to resolve. Any contact to the help center was less than helpful. Many customer service reps promised call backs, including calls from supervisors, but I never received a call. Also, one of the contractors who came to my home provided a fraudulent report to AHS, and when I wanted a second opinion, the system assigned the same contractor for the inspection. And it was a big issue to get someone else assigned as a contractor. It wasn't until I reached out to someone on social media, that there was some progress in my claim.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eugene, Thank you for bringing your most recent issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you about the three month delay in service and assist to reach a resolution.

Apr. 1st, 2021

LUKE KAITHACKAL The Colony, TX

not fix the problem for a/c ,leave it for plumber,water line clogged need to fix

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Luke. Thank you for letting us know the issue has not been resolved. I can understand the importance of getting the line cleared. I would be happy to speak with you to further address this issue.

Sep. 9th, 2021

Kristy Tallahassee, FL

I continue being told lies by your representatives. I'm calling on Monday to cancel my policy.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kristy, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS service experience and the miscommunication for customer service. I would be glad to speak with you to resolve this.

Sep. 9th, 2021

Terra Snellville, GA

Hardly covers anything, representatives cannot comprehend and only a few good companies contracted

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Terra. Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service we provide. I would be happy to speak with you to address any unresolved issue.

Sep. 7th, 2021

Andrew Smyrna, DE

I called several times after I placed the service call and AHS and AHS never called back.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Andrew. Thank you for letting us know that you did not receive the follow up needed to address your service issue. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with resolving the matter.

Sep. 7th, 2021

Thomas Hofer Tampa, FL

I am very disappointed with the quality of service of American Home Shield's contractors. I recently had my covered refrigerator repaired out of pocket as American would not assign a trustworthy contractor to perform the repairs. I was without a refrigerator from Jan 6 to Feb 27. I had 3 separate repair requests - none of them fixed the problem. Finally, at my own expense I called a repair technician who diagnosed the problem - the American Home Shield contractor failed to connect the internal electrical plug when he replaced internal wiring. I asked American Home Shield to send another contractor and they refused. Bottom line - there is no quality control of contractor performance. I will not renew my warranty contract when it expires at the end of April.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Thomas, Thank you for bringing the refrigerator delay to my attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss the delay that was experienced.

Mar. 10th, 2021

Beverly Jenkins Fayetteville, GA

They refused to take the responsibility for my finished basement being destroyed by water when they were informed by the company they first sent that they were unable to fix it. It was their responsibility to find me another company . They did nothing so I had to bring in someone to fix it. I had to have my entire bathroom floor taken up and dried out by servclean and now my floor and part of the shower has to be replaced. You guessed it AHS doesn’t want to hear anything. The funny thing is I understand error but I do not accept people not taking responsibility for THEIR oversight . So I would not recommend AHS to anyone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Beverly, I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your most recent AHS experience.

Mar. 24th, 2021

Jose Gonzalez Kankakee, IL

AHS replaced my Lennox furnace with a poor quality Payne (Carrier) unit that is not preforming well at all. The new unit was physically damaged during transportation and the fan unit had to be replaced under warranty right away. Furthermore, the unit keeps tripping out by an internal high temperature safety device and is not able to keep up with the heating demand of the house (69F setpoint) whenever the outside temperature is below 30F. Two weeks after installation I still don't have reliable heat in my house. I am not satisfied with AHS performance and would not recommend them based on my experience.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jose, I would be glad to speak with you regarding the furnace replacement and the quality of the job. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Mar. 15th, 2021

Barbara Brown Allen, TX

AHS customer service is terrible there is no one that can give you the status of your service order. They do not call you back after they say they will with information. Last August I had a service order that was never taken care of and three months after the call I received a letter from Frontdoor telling me the problem was not the result of normal wear and tear. The plumber who looked at the issue lied after the problem it took three months to get the letter denying the service It was the result of normal wear that the drains would not drain. Last week I was told that AHS could not get a plumber so they would authorize an plumber that I hired which I did and he did the work. Now I have no idea how I will be reimbursed for the expense.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Barbara, Thank you for bringing the issues to our attention regarding the plumbing service request.

Mar. 8th, 2021

David Welbon Elmira, OR

Because when my ac went out in the middle of summer, they would only fix it with parts from "their" warehouse. But the compressor was out of stock, no knowledge of when it would be in stock, and they would NOT let me purchase one locally to be installed by "their" installer. So they told me I could wait until they got one in stock, or have it repaired by someone else at my expense and they would cover $600 of the $1500 cost of repair. Since it was summer and my medical condition requires ac, I had to get it fixed and eat $900 for repairs. BTW, the compressor was available locally and had it installed the next day by my old ac service people. Then American Home Shield lost the paperwork to get the $600 back they said they would cover.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, Thank you for bringing your most recent American Home Shield experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you about the noncovered cost to have the air conditioner repairs completed.

Mar. 8th, 2021

Belinda katz Tuolumne, CA

We have been without heat since November 19, 2020. We have called them everyday for the past 70 days to try to get this resolved. A different person answers the phone and we get a different answer every time. They will not let us talk to a supervisor and say they will escalate the situation. The contractor only came out twice and didn't fix the issue, they were supposed to come back with new parts and never did. We have also tried to contact the contractor with no luck. The warranty company sent a new contractor out, but they couldn't fix it either. I would not recommend this company for your warranty service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Belinda, We hate to hear about your most recent service experience with American Home Shield to have the furnace repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Feb. 5th, 2021

Elaine Rankin Canyon Country, CA

I had an issue with my kitchen plumbing. I had a blockage in my sink and a leak. The first technician that arrived was kind and professional. He fixed the blocked line but said he could not find a leak. I thought maybe the blockage was causing the leak. I found out we still have a slow leak. The second technician who came out was very rude. There were 2 of them. My son was home. He said we need a new sink and left. I called Bear plumbing and the technician is denying he said we need a new sink. I called your company twice to resolve this issue. A supervisor was supposed to return my call. I have not heard back. I still have a slow leak under my kitchen sink.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elaine, Your feedback is more than appreciated and I owuld be glad to speak with you about your most recent American Home Shield experience.

Jan. 21st, 2021

Megan Murphy

The vendors who AHS contracted had very limited appointment availability. Once the appointment is scheduled it is AHS's policy to only diagnose the issue at the initial visit- not actually fix the issue. Then the vendor has to get the approval from AHS before ordering any parts or fixing any repairs. This ends up extending the repair process by weeks. WEEKS. Nothing is straight forward through AHS in my experiance. Once a vendor has completed a job, they are able to close it. If there are any issues with that repair, the home owner has to contact AHS again and get a approval to reopen the job which takes even more time. I would not recommend the company to anyone ever, and will not be using them in the future.

They have been dishonest about the warranty policy, refusing to cover issues that are clearly covered in the warranty. They use substandard contractors that cause more problems than they fix. Time to fix problems is often unreasonable. Repair techs have to contact Home Shield for authorization and many times have to wait hours for someone to answer. Homeshield customer service reps provide inconsistent answers/information regarding warranty problems/coverage. One rep will tell you something is covered and when you call back, the next rep will tell you it is not covered. Dishonest contractors cause problems with covered repairs costing the homeowner more time and money to get resolved. This warranty has been a nightmare and we are going to cancel

John cascio East Meadow, NY

terrible customer service. If you do not like who they send it is impossible to get someone to send someone else.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John. Thank you for taking time to write a review of service experience. I am sorry to hear that your service need was not taken care of to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you to further address this issue.

Aug. 31st, 2021

Alison Redl Covington, KY

Applied for a claim and was told it was a “common” issue and I would have to continue defrosting my fridge every 1-2 months

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Alison, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to get the refrigerator repairs completed.

Aug. 19th, 2021

Aminah Williams Wentzville, MO

Poor customer service, Can never get through, never wants to replace any item but keep fixing it which is costs more money

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aminah, I hate to hear about your AHS experiences. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a solution.

Aug. 19th, 2021

Edwin Abreu Sanford, FL

A guy came out to check my ac didn' do anything but told me to put a cardboard box over a vent to get stronger ac in other parts rooms

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Edwin, Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution and get things resolved.

Aug. 17th, 2021

James H Holdener Ashburn, VA

Communication between the contractor and homeowners is poor as they have to go through Homeshield every time. Resulting in poor service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James, I would like to thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your experience.

Aug. 11th, 2021

Marsha Gillespie Lamar, MS

American Shield is the worst. I have had issues with them since December and it is still not resolved. I am seriously considering dropping my plen.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marsha. We are really sorry to hear that you have an issue that has not been resolved for several months. Thank you for letting us know. I would be happy to speak with you so that I can assist with a resolution.

Tyler Brown Wichita Falls, TX

Horrible. Got a service contractor who came out and then never answered my calls or put in repair diagnosis and all I was told was to wait.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tyler. Thank you for letting us know about your service experience. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you further to assist with a resolution to this issue.

Marie Harris Rex, GA

I have a water leak, and I feel as if no one is trying to help me. The water heater was replaced by AHS and that cost me $850.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marie. I am sorry to hear that you have a water leak. I can see why this would be upsetting. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with resolving this issue.

Victor Matos Simi Valley, CA

I had a terrible customer servie experience with one of my last calls. I was treated kiserably by both the agent and her manager

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Victor. I am sorry to hear that you had a terrible experience with your recent service request. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Chantel Anderson Saint Petersburg, FL

Customer service reps is very rude. I called and requested for a manager of the service department to call me back. Never heard from at all

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chantel. I apologize if you did not receive a call back. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution if there is still an unresolved issue.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Tameeka Blake Stockton, CA

Horrible, I have continued to have issues with getting things fixed. Your customer service has been rude and they don't deliver on their promises.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tameeka, Thank you for bringing the delay to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with the resolution of the air conditioner repairs.

Jul. 21st, 2021

Teresa Ventura, CA

Electrician came out, said he knew now thing about the electric floor thermostat, he left and we were never contacted again.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Teresa, Thank you for bringing the delay to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution for the thermostat.

Jul. 21st, 2021

Jessica Badenochq Van Nuys, CA

Customer service did not try to work with me at all. Just kept saying the same thing over and over. My issue has not been resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jessica, Thank you for bringing your most recent issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution.

Jul. 23rd, 2021

Joanne Sandoval Laredo, TX

Awful not worth having.. they give you the run around for everything.. make you wait for ever to fix something.. waiting time about 3 to 4 weeks.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joanne. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution to this issue.

Jul. 23rd, 2021