Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.4

William G Petro Scottsdale, AZ

A/C compressor was replaced in April 2021. Then failed on June 16. It has not yet been repaired as of 6/27. Tenants need to stay in hotel.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi William. I am sorry to hear that your air conditioning has not been repaired. I can understand how important it is to get this issue resolved. I would be happy to speak with you and see how I may assist with a resolution.

Michelle D Wilkins Euclid, OH

They do not do what they advertise. They refused to fix my air conditioning unit after boasting that they fix things no questions asked

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michelle. Thank you forletting us know about the experience with your air conditioning. I am sorry to hear your air was not fixed. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter and see how I may assist with a resolution.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Mac Mcwilliams Boerne, TX

They are terrible about responding to our problem. I can't talk to a person I can understand. I can't talk to a supervisor to express my problems.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mac. Thank you for letting us know you have not been able to reach anyone to address your concerns. I would be more than happy to speak with you and see how I may assist with a resolution.

Jul. 9th, 2021

James Sparks, NV

They have the worst customer service call center. Nothing gets fixed. Takes days to get anyone out for anything with their network.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James. I am really sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with the service we provide. I would be happy to speak with you to see if there is an issue I may assist you with resolving.

terje floysand Brainerd, MN

they said they would call about a buy out in 24 to 48 hrs its been over a week no call, I called back got the same response as before

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Terje. I am very sorry tohear that you did not receive the call you were expecting. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with resolving this issue.

Judy Mitchel Wichita Falls, TX

Did not follow through on an air conditioner. Repairs cost us $225 & still was not fixed. A very bad experience. We dropped HS

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Judy. I am very sorry to hear that the problem with your air conditioning has not been resolved. I can see why this would be frustrating. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution.

Jul. 16th, 2021

Bruce Frank Las Vegas, NV

My ac has been out for 3+ weeks in 110 heat. Sent out 2 different companies still not fixed. Cannot talk to anyone who seems to care.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bruce. I am sorry to hear that you air has been out for over 3 weeks. We know how important it is to have your air working properly. I would be happy to speak with to try and resolve this matter.

Jeffrey Lookabaugh Stone Mountain, GA

Takes to long to get items repaired. I had to wait over 5 weeks with failed repairs for a broken fridge that could not be fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeffrey. I am very sorry to hear about how long it took to address the issue with your refrigerator. We are here to assist you. I would be most happy to speak with you further regarding this matter.

Jul. 16th, 2021

James Felix Saint Robert, MO

2 weeks to fix my AC. No temporary solution to the problem. 90 degree in my house with a new born and I had to way 2 weeks BS

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James. Thank you for letting us know about the issue with your air conditioning. I can see why it would be upsetting if your air is not working and there is a baby in the home. I would be happy to speak with you to see how I may assist in resolving this matter.

Dave Tucson, AZ

I've waited 124 days on a dishwasher call and 64 days on a washing machine call. All I get is excuses. They say they'll get back with me and don't.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dave, Thank you for bringing the appliance service experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution for the issues that have occurred.

Seyed Sugar Land, TX

My refrigerator has not been fixed after 40 days of request service date. American home shield has not even completed the part order authorization.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Seyed, I hate to hear about the delay in service with AHS to have the refrigerator repairs completed. I would be glad to discuss your experience.

Jul. 10th, 2021

Steve Conger Sierra Vista, AZ

Never fix the problem state trans undersized the air return I really doubt trans intallers would put in a system not within specifications

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Steve, Thank you for letting us know that the issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Jul. 12th, 2021

Michelle Roberts Scottsdale, AZ

It literally covers nothing. I've never used this policy and it not cost me significantly more than the $75 service charge

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michelle, I am sorry to hear about your American Home Shield experience. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution.

Mary Cirricione Henderson, NV

If problem is not routine, can't get a hold of anyone other than the customer service... who are efficient and polite but they only know one script

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary, I am sorry to hear about your American Home Shield experience to have the issues resolved. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution.

Peter Levan Fraser, CO

You talk with a computer, When you reach a person the main thing they do is keep apologizing, I keep getting the runaround!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Peter, I am sorry to hear about your American Home Shield experience. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution.

Josh Navarre, FL

Claimed failure of door opener was a power surge. Upon further investigation the control board didn't appear to have signs of a power surge failure.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Josh, I hate to hear about your most recent service experience to have the door opener repaired and the lack of follow-up. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Jul. 13th, 2021

Gabriela Costilla Oceanside, CA

They charge me 100 dollars for service not received, and never send me my money back, I took two times with two diferents people already.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gabriela, Thank you for bringing the dishwasher service experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution.

Ben Oak Park, CA

It's a scheme and they only send out bad companies who don't repair things or falsely report equipment to get out of their contractual obligations

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ben, I hate to hear about your most recent service experience. I would e glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Annette smith Clinton, MD

I have had a dryer problem for weeks now and everything they come out and don't fix they say I have to call AHS BACK again that is ridiculous

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Annette, Thank you for letting us know that the issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Jul. 12th, 2021

Tracey Elkridge, MD

Because the service cost that I pay is too high I pay $125 and if I can't get a cheaper service call I will be switching to another company

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tracey. Thank you for taking time to let us know your concerns with your trade service fee amount. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the cost associated with requesting service. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Jeff Wilson Gainesville, GA

Because a coil was bad and caused black mold and they won't cover it. They should cover the cost of the coil and I pay for the black mold removal

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeff. Thank you for your feeback regarding the issue with your coil. We are here to address your repair needs. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter and see if I may be able to further assist you.

loretta hartline Lawton, OK

This is the second time I have been without A/C for over a week. Why do you have 24hr service 7 Days a week. When it's only phone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Loretta. Thank you for letting us know about the problem you are having with your air conditioning. I am sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to see how I may assist with a resolution.

Matthew Hayes Hampton, GA

The customer service is vanilla and the specialist are out of country. It's impossible to talk to an American manager to resolve our issue.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Matthew, I hate to hear about your most recent customer service experience. I would be glad to speak with you to get assist with a resolution to your issue.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Aaron Turnage Richmond, VA

It has been almost a month since my dryer broken and AHS still hasnt found me a replacement thats compatible to dryer that i had.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aaron, I hate to hear about the ongoing delay in service to have the dryer issues repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to reach an immediate resolution.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Michele Arquette-Palermo Lake Orion, MI

because it has been 3 week and no contact about getting my AC fixed and I cannot wait on hold for an hour just to talk to you

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michele, I hate to hear about the three-week delay that has been experienced to get the air conditioner repaired. I would be glad to speak with you in order to reach a resolution.

Stewart A Marshall Pine Bluff, AR

They do not cover what you think they may. AC system drip line leaked ruined my floor will not cover secondary damage. What are they supposed to cover?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stewart. I can imagine how upsetting it can be if there is damage to your floors. I would be happy to speak with you regarding your coverage to better address this issue with you.

Jun. 15th, 2021

Irene Kaushansky

They have not delivered on what they've promised and I've been put into a position to have to pay for a full A/C unit that they said they'd pay for and are now backing out.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Irene, I am sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with getting the issue resolved with air conditioning. We are here to assist you and I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter.

Jun. 16th, 2021

Lauren Krasno Pasadena, CA

Because this company is a joke. It’s been one month and my appliance still has not been repaired. The technicians they send are rude, and their customer service is horrendous

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lauren, I would be glad to speak with you to get the appliance repairs completed.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Shareese Vaughn Philadelphia, PA

They're bad with communicating and the contractors they hire always cancel .They're not reasonable and they never compensate you when they mess up on their end.

Reply from American Home Shield

HI Shareese, I would be glad to speak with you to discuss the issues that have been ongoing and reach a resolution.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Beverly OConnor Las Vegas, NV

They no longer offer you a list of contractors. You are forced to buy a service at a predetermined price, rather than negotiating with various vendors.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Beverly, I hate to hear about the poor customer service experience with AHS. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss a resolution.

Jun. 7th, 2021

Christi Pipersville, PA

I have been waiting almost 2 months for my oven to be fixed. I have called every day for weeks without a resolutions and they will never allow me to speak with a manager.

Reply from American Home Shield

Christi, thank you for taking time to let us know that the issue with your oven has not been resolved. We can imagine how inconvenient it is to not have a working oven. We would be happy to speak with your further to resolve this matter.

Jun. 3rd, 2021

Jim Cofer Colleyville, TX

If your issue is an easy fix everything is great. If you have a problem with a vendor or an issue, it is impossible to get a resolution complete nightmare

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jim, Thank you for making us aware of your most recent service experience with an AHS. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Totally Dissatified San Jose, CA

Terrible. AC went out EIGHT weeks ago, and they have yet to resolve the issue. They don’t return calls, or communicate, and their contractor of choice is even worse The temperature had been 100-115 for weeks, and they don’t even care! I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone!

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for letting us know the problems you are having with repairing your air conditioning. I can see why this would be upsetting. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution.

Jul. 20th, 2021

Charles Davis Desoto, TX

American Home Shield is not what they there are. They stuck me with a 1550.00 bill when it was there mistake. I called the office to complaint know one has contacted me. DON'T BUY AMERICAN HOME SHIELD.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, I hate to hear about the non covered cost to have the repair completed. I would be glad to speak with you.

Robert J. Buikus Niceville, FL

I have had a dryer issue and they are going to replace it but the replacement won't be here for 2 more weeks which had been deemed a safety hazard by their technician, to a total of almost 4 weeks without a dryer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert, Thank you for making us aware of your most recent service experience with an AHS. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Anonymous Seattle, WA

AHS is fine, but they partner with horrible contractors and defend them for not fixing the broken things. We will be without hot water for a minimum of 6 weeks due to these issues; AHS doesn't care.

CP Las Vegas, NV

Service fee is excessive as all is done through application. Plan fee is also excessive, just like any insurance. You never have to speak with anyone, all can be done online or through app.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi CP, I hate to hear about your most recent experience with customer service and the delay to complete the repairs. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

May. 12th, 2021

Connor Windermere, FL

Call back period too short. They bandaid patch things back together then expect you to pay a service fee when they break again 31 days later. I’ve spent thousands in Freon for a unit they refuse to replace.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Connor, Thank you for alerting us of your most recent customer service experience. I would be glad to speak with you about the Freon cost/

Kathyjoy Hammer Southlake, TX

It takes an hour to get someone on the phone, when you do they don’t speak English, The plumbers than contract with our incompetent end it is very hard to request a specific company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathjoy, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience with the companies that have serviced your home repairs. I owuld be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

VA Metairie, LA

Poor communication and follow through. It took almost 3 weeks to get my water heater replaced. Nothing was in writing. The approval process was a horrible experience. The plumbers were great.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi VA, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience with the companies that have serviced the water heater. I owuld be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Daniela Fernandez North Las Vegas, NV

They sent a contractor who did not look at all my issues on the ticket and then when I called to get information the male representative kept over talking me not letting me ask my questions

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Daniela, Thank you for bringing the customer service issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your experience.

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Angela Elgee Green Valley, AZ

Providers were sub par and couldn’t complete jobs. Trying to stop policy has been a nightmare. Also, can’t email them. Have to call and deal with people with foreign accents who are reading from scripts.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Angela, Thank you for bringing your most recent AHS experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issue resolved.

Dia Adams The Colony, TX

Expensive for what you get and I don't like that when we sold the house we had to pay a cancellation fee! What the heck, do you think we want to continue without a house! Crazy!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dia, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I owuld be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Michael Galloway Citrus Heights, CA

I’ve been lied two three times. Each time I am told the dishwasher is being investigated and promised a call back within 24 hours. I’ve never received a single callback and there is not resolution.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michael, I hate to hear about the delay in service to have the dishwasher repaired. I would be glad to speak with you at your convenience.

Apr. 30th, 2021

Anonymous Redmond, WA

Repairs have taken up to 4 months; they promise reimbursement but don’t do it; they don’t value customers time; they reassign jobs to the same vendors who don’t respond to the same

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi, I hate to hear about the four month delay that was experienced with American Home Shield. I owuld be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Apr. 1st, 2021

Mary Walters Amarillo, TX

A simple hot water replacement. Its a long story of failed communication between A-1, the Plumber, and AHS. I reserved one day after another missing out on work assignments. Extremely frustrating and disappointing

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your feedback. We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service. And we are always here if you need us.

Apr. 1st, 2021

Marc San Francisco, CA

Nothing was solved - my washer was not fix and was told that it does not qualify under the 30 day guaranteed even thou the tech arrived to work on the unit and marked it completed on 3/12

Reply from American Home Shield

I hate to hear you were not satisfied with your experience with us and I would like to connect with you regarding it.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Arthur Stepanyan Bloomfield Hills, MI

This company is a scam, paid for the whole year, paid for a service visit, a month in being told part is not covered. Tried to cancel the warranty after one month of service - they keep 90% of the money, worst scam ever

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience. We hate to hear your coverage was not approved under the terms of the contract. We are here if you need us for any covered items but the reason for the malfunction must fall within the contract guidelines.

Mar. 26th, 2021

LaCole Harris Laurel, MD

Horrible service, worst contractors. Still waiting for a manager to call me, it’s been over 2 weeks. I’ve called the contractor company that they sent out numerous times, left messages, no call back. Biggest SCAM

Mar. 29th, 2021

Rodney Lee Fort Worth, TX

This is the worse experience I've ever had. I tried to cancel my policy after I sold my home and two years later it's still active. I know they knew I moved because they had my new home and phone number. Rather than me being able to call in directly to speak to cancellations, I had to call and sit on hold for one and a half hours just to be told the department was closed. This has flat-out been the most frustrating company to deal with. WAIST OF MONEY AND TIME!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rodney, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience and the repairs that need to be repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Jun. 18th, 2021