Amazon Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

Amazon Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to Amazon Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Amazon Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. Amazon Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional Amazon Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; Amazon Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, Amazon Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of Amazon Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Amazon Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to Amazon Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, Amazon Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because Amazon Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, Amazon Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

Amazon Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering Amazon Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

Call our recommended rep over at Amazon Home Warranty below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.0

Lisa Hollifield

July 1st, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Violation of contract. Waited on line an hour and a half before I gave up. I want a refund and if it isn’t process ASAP, I’m filing a complaint with the BBB and Amex.

Pam

July 1st, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very slow in process claims and customer service not answering the phone. I spent more than one hour waiting for the claim dept. to pick up my call. Nothing...

Yasemin Yucel

July 1st, 2020 Madison, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bad customer service. Takes day of calling trying to reach someone with 25 minutes wait time. Takes 2 weeks to schedule a service. They always find a reason not to pay. Horrible home warranty service. Stay away!!! I think I just waisted my money!

Bhanu K

July 1st, 2020 Mineola, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am new customer and my first claim was rejected with no info on why; no proper follow up and poor responsiveness

Dan Prusak

June 29th, 2020 Alto, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible service. They did not have anyone in their network to come to fix our refrigerator not even calling me to tell me! Four days went by so I called them and they said I would have to find someone myself (some service!) When I found someone they had a minimum service fee of 100 dollars so we called Amazon Home Warranty and they said they would cover it. Long story short all Amazon covered was 75 of the 100. I would not recommend them at all Terrible company to deal with.

Chuck Verrett

June 22nd, 2020 Hudson, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rejected a fix without even looking at it

Freda Jones

June 22nd, 2020 Olathe, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a barely used dishwasher still brand new that broke a week after my warranty started. The review supervisor Gary H called me and said my claim could will not be filed because it's 1 week into my contract and it's not valid. He also lied about my report to the claim rep and stated I told him it happened a week ago . I purchased my warranty may 5th . My contract states my warranty begins june 6th. My birthday party was June 7th. June 8th the dishwasher broke and would not stop washing. He told me my appliance was not covered and hung up. I made several attempts to call him back but has been place on hold then back into rotation as a new caller. This company is not worth it.

linda

June 22nd, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not sure how this company received a 6.6. If I had the chance I would give it a zero! Wait times are almost an hour, and the contractors are worthless! What a RIPOFF!!

Kevin T. Hill

June 16th, 2020 Peoria, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I submitted a claim about my central air. I hadn't used it since last September. When I turned it on the pipes outdoors began to I've over and the unit would not cool. They processed and dried my claim without notifying me or sending a serviceman to check the unit.

Laamar Cunningham

June 16th, 2020 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were great and provided excellent customer service.

Real Estate Services Group RESG

June 16th, 2020 Richardson, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our policies go in effect after 14 days Yet you file a claim within less than 45 days and it will simply be declined No matter what it is

June 16th, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst. The customer service has the ability to decide not to honor simple contract terms

Diane Smith

June 15th, 2020 Raleigh, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My A.C. system was pouring water out underneath which has soaked my bedroom carpet and is going underneath my new laminate floor which was replaced 3 weeks ago. I did not report this to the warranty company. I paid the plumber myself and bought a new hot water heater and had it placed. The water damage took out my pantry cabinets, pantry floor, kitchen and almost all of living room floor. The laminate has been replaced in these areas as well as the hallway floor. At no time have I seen any ice on the coil. The A.C. was cooling. I called Reliable air conditioning and a tech.came out last Thursday and determined it was not the drain system.. An estimate was to be given Friday pm. I called warranty company while tech was here and it was noted by representative of Amazon that it was preferred that they choose the company. I had already paid $89 to Reliable A.C.. Amazon got.back by email about lunch on Friday with a A.C. contractor. When I had not heard from them in a few hours, I called them ( Sears) and they came out and did their review. They were 2 of them and they were constantly talking to each other , trying to see what was the matter. The main one stated something about low free on and icing up. Again I mention that no ice has been noted anywhere on the coil or elsewhere. I paid them $75. They placed a call to Amazon and no authorizing person there to take care of issue. SAIRS stated he would call Monday morning and then call me. They also left AC on which starts water dripping again. I turned off the AC again. When I had not heard anything, I called Amazon and they called SAERS and stated it was being routed to a person who does the authorizations. I am still waiting. I do want to mention that we are using box fans and ceiling fans. My husband is a hospice patient and on oxygen. This was relayed to Amazon on each phone call. I do want to mention that outside A.C. unit is a 2006. The inside unit was worked on last year extensively and the coil is rusty in many places. I will update as Amazon and repair is completed. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you, Diane Smith Auburn, GA. 30011

marvin teaney

June 9th, 2020 Independence, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've got Amazon home warranty my air conditioner went out they told me point blank to read my contract they do not fix they are such a liar do not get these people I am quitting them going back to America home shield this company's nothing but a joke

Debra Thomas

June 8th, 2020 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They return phone calls and do their job well.

Aquia Turnage

June 8th, 2020 Seabrook, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and the prices were very reasonable

James Reed

June 8th, 2020 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional Customer Service, with fair price and terms

Jackie Tang

June 8th, 2020 Wimberley, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I filed a claim on Saturday on air conditioner, I have not heard from anyone from Amazon Home Warranty. Outside temperature is triple digits!

John Kendrick

June 8th, 2020 Greenback, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always reach someone in time of need hope the service is great

Fran Murphy

June 8th, 2020 Morton Grove, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have not received the booklet in the mail of exactly what this Home Warranty is in writing. I do not want to email all of that. I would like a booklet please.

Asha and Wesley Graves.

June 8th, 2020 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give you a ZERO, I would. You are a rip off. We left our previous home warranty company of 6 years because you offered a "little" bit more service at the same rate we were previously paying. Your account Rep, Jeff, waived the 30 day after proof that our policy with our home warranty company was expiring in a few days. Unfortunately, 11 days into our policy, the motor in our upstairs Carrier A/C unit stopped working. Your authorization department denied repairs because of "known and unknown pre-existing conditions!" It was a motor on an 8-year old unit. The service contractor verified it stopped working due to normal wear and tear. However, your authorization department went against the service contractor and based their decision on the "in-house"HVAC technicians you hire. And their basis for denial was wrong. We contacted Carrier and even they said, they no-longer carry the part because it is outdated and they are expected to have an end of life around this time frame. So we paid out of pocket $786 to have our A/C repaired. Your managers are incompetent and ill-prepared to service a customer nor was Mr. Gary O capable of deescalating the situation. He was wrong and clearly basing his response on whatever training manual he had in front of him. He did not care to see the logic in what my husband and I explained. I have a policy that says 5-18 -20 as my service date which came from AHW. Yet, online someone changed the service date to 6-18-20 to justify the 30 day policy that, mind you, was waived. But that's all he could hold on to. I have sent several letters and am elevating this to the mediation department. I will end my policy and return to my previous company who we have had since it was turned over from the builder. No complaints. They paid the three claims we filed without lying and stealing our money. They even identified one claim was an error due to the builder and they still paid the claim. I will never recommend your service and this will be shared with other consumers. You confirm what every Financial Advisor says.... "Home Warranty Companies ARE SCAMMERS." If I can pay for it on my own, who needs this type of service!!

Nicole Sappington

June 8th, 2020 Pardeeville, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They lied and are a terrible company!! We had an issue with our microwave and they wouldn’t send anyone to look at it. Instead offered $95 towards a new microwave which btw cost $250 and up. I called and asked about that exact situation as a new customer and was told oh no we wouldn’t do that. Liars!!

Charles Corsello

June 3rd, 2020 Stratford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with AHW since 1/15/20. I have found it impossible to get anyone on the phone. When I do, I am always disappointed. My stove went down on 2/15/20. it needed a new fan. I called in the claim on 2/16/20 and they wouldn't pay for it saying it was a preexisting condition. I paid for the repair myself. On May 27th, my LG washing stopped working. I called and two days later they assigned the job to a company from NYC, 60 miles away. Who, by the way was clueless about LG washing machines. When I called an complained that I really didn't want a guy from NYC in my house they made an excuse that because of Covid 19, it is difficult to get a local contractor. I went to LG.com and found four factory authorized companies within 10 miles of us. The local guy came the next business day to assess the work and give us a quote. I have been on the phone, on hold with AHW for the last two days trying to get authorization for the repair. To date I have been unsuccessful in getting anyone from the authorization department to answer the phone. Meanwhile, we are without a washing machine and they don't seem to care. Looks like I am going to pay for this repair myself --- again. Really? Why am I giving them $45.00/month?

anastacia

June 2nd, 2020 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simply because I was given the impression they are connected to Amazon Prime, which I am a member of.

Mendy Pridemore

June 2nd, 2020 Stafford, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best value for the money. Covers the pool which is an excellent add on.

JohnR Valdez

June 2nd, 2020 Tomball, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Same coverage as there competitors but for a much lower price

Sharon Jaques

June 2nd, 2020 Elkridge, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I research the plans and they were really good and covered everything that I needed for a resonable price.

Blanca Martinez MA

June 2nd, 2020 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

People are not kind and polite doing their business

Geri Engel

June 2nd, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have been waiting for a response for claim for over 2 days. Called customer service waited 36 minutes not answer. Called sales and they advised that they would have someone call and haven't heard from anyone.

Michele Godfrey

June 2nd, 2020 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ease of buying and using, very informative with filing a claim and top rated service companies that Amazon Home warranty use.

Stephanie Godbolt

June 2nd, 2020 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service help me understand the service I will be getting I got just what I need to take care of my home thank you

Bernadette Behrend

June 2nd, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

refused to help me when washing machine leaked, causing water to flood every where. they said I was only 9 days into contract and this would not be covered. So they are ok with accepting my payments but not willing to fulfill their end of the contract.

David B

June 2nd, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use and the right price for a year, also made the buyer feel good

Ben

June 2nd, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service is outstanding and they cover alot of items

gil villegas

June 2nd, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

say you have coverage then they deny claim

Keith Thorpe

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Unfriendly customer service. Unfriendly voice and attitude. Has not okayed requests for refrigerator repair.

Joe Alston

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can only rate the ease of signing up at this point, which was pretty pain free. Today I noticed that my AC isn't getting cold so I plan to arrange a service call soon. Will update this review after that

Laura Williams

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Courteous and fast response time. I have used this program 3 times in 2 years. All issues resolved. Professional workman. Recommend them highly!!

Judy S

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Response time, knowledgeable technician, excellent communications

James Dean

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was lied to by the customer service rep! They stated they are affiliated with Amazon.com which they are not!

Carlos Rios

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been sitting around for four days waiting for somebody to call me about my broken garage door opener

Amazon Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Amazon Home Warranty

May 22, 2020

Carlos, You garage door opener claim was denied because it was submitted the day your policy went into affect. Due to the terms of our contract we do not cover preexisting conditions. The home warranty is intended to cover unexpected home repairs that occur after you purchase the policy. Thank You AHW Team

Jay

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ive only been with them for a month and i havent had to use them. But as far as the customer service goes,it was good!

Joel

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They took the time to explain their warranty and did not bug the heck out of you.

ray arnold

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

poor policy, I would not recamend this policy to anyone wanting a quality policy.

Kevin Ho

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good but one issue took about 3 weeks to resolve and I had to be the point person to get it done! They were previously a 5 until the one vendor didn't follow through

3910 Enterprises Inc

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's too difficult to make a claim. No one answers the phone and you guys need a website where a claim can be filed.

Salar

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SCAM COMPANY. Do not never west your time and energy with this scam people, I had a Pipe issue I called after a month and half of the contract was signed and they told me you are not covered, as they said the first month they will not cover because it is consider just a test and give me a chance to cancel my policy even if I have already paid for that. And the other 2 weeks are to short to cover my pipe and that is preexist issue, I DO NOT UNDER STAND HOW CAN I KEEP THE WATER LEAKING FOR 2 WEEKS IN MY HOME. However they said that after they sent the plumber and charged me $60 to just investigate he is not allowed to fix it, I do not understand why they sent someone if they know they will not cover, anyways I had to fix it by my self by buying plumbing paste only $2.50 and so far so good it has been six months now, I will never advise anyone to wasted his time and money.

Travis S Young

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well it sounds good but haven't had to use it yet hopefully I will not having that piece of mind that things will be taking g care of eliminates the stress

Robert Chatman

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Efficient onboarding service. Have not had enough time to provide an honest evaluation. After 6 months or 1 year would be able to give better opinion.

Mark Montague

May 22nd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far I've been with them for 5 days and I'm not impressed. Just put in my first request for repair and I'm being told because of the timing it's a pre-existing condition. I have an inspection report from my purchase of the home that states otherwise. Plus that is exactly why they have a 30 day delay on the start date to prevent this. Makes no sense what so ever. I really hope this trend doesn't continue. Plus it doesn't help that one of my issues is with plumbing and they are saying they don't cover the faucet. The issue is how am I suppose to know where the issue is? I'm not a plumber! Finally I was hung up on once and the second time I called I was told I'd receive a call back. That was at 8:30 this morning and it's now 1:30 with no calls