Amazon Home Warranty Logo

Amazon Home Warranty

6.4

Amazon Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

Amazon Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to Amazon Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Amazon Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. Amazon Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional Amazon Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; Amazon Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, Amazon Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of Amazon Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Amazon Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to Amazon Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, Amazon Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because Amazon Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, Amazon Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

Amazon Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering Amazon Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

Call our recommended rep over at Amazon Home Warranty below.

3.8

Anish Vazhappillil Wentzville, MO

What do you like best about this company? My answer is 'NOTHING'. What do you dislike the most? Worst service that too delayed. On top of that there is no responsibility or accountability. I have my refrigerator malfunctioning. I had to call the contractor and AHW to speed up the process. After the contractor visit, AHW denied my claim initially stating that it is a Freon leak which is not covered by the policy. I hired an independent contractor and he confirmed that it is not a leak but a bad compressor. I send the details to AHW and they are still reviewing it (20 days after initiating the claim!). I had similar issues when my microwave had issues few months ago. AHW will deduct almost everything that you paid if you try to cancel the policy. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

tony salls Duluth, MN

Absolutely the worst company. The sales team says your covered the company reps deny your claims violated their contract. BBB kicked them out Stay Away

Matt Sullivan Falls Church, VA

They leave you on the phone so that no technician is able to get them on the phone. They have denied 4 out of 4 claims for the silliest reasons. I'm absolutly - 100% disgusted by their business practices. They won't cancel or refund the remaining balance. The parts are always back-ordered.

Irina Feygin Clifton Park, NY

I would like to warn potential buyers so they can avoid multiple issues I experienced dealing with Amazon Home Warranty. Please look up their Better Business Bureau rating, which has been downgraded due to poor customer service and inability to fulfill commitments. They will be very pleasant and responsive during the sales call trying to convince you to buy their policy, offering multiple discounts to extend the term. Once they have you trapped the game begins. To be fair if you require a cheap repair you shouldn’t have too many issues unless your claim contain errors caused by Amazon, which will delay the process. Then you’ll call customer service to escalate the claim and never get a call back. But at the end of the day if it’s a couple hundred bucks it’s not a big deal. But f your appliance breaks and requires significant repair – brace yourself. They will disappear on you, come up with ridiculous requests and excuses, offer you an unreasonably low “replacement” value and very rudely dismiss your attempts to state the obvious. Because apparently value determination is at their discretion. Truly, the worst experience I’ve ever had with any service/home warranty company. Please consider other options and refer to the Better Business Bureau website for reference.

Betty Jackson Columbus, MS

The sales representative was courteous and gave me good customer service. He was very knowledgeable about the details of the service that will be provided.

Paul r Newark, NJ

This company is full of liars and charlatans. Denied my claim even when I read them the contract line by line of covered parts. My heater broke and parts are covered but denied the claim entirely because one of the parts is on the not covered list for a different appliance. Do yourself a favor and any money you were gong to send this company burn it. At least then you get the satisfaction of fire for 30 seconds, it will be money better spent than sending it here.

Magaly Clavier Newnan, GA

I am new to this program but my first experience with a plumbing repair was excellent! the technician was professional, friendly and accomplished in his craft! Highly recommended !!

Taylor Hayes, VA

I had amazon home warranty and the first time I had a claim it was declined b/c they determined the condition of the appliance had a preexisting condition. The appliance was a microwave oven, 12 yrs oid, and it stopped working properly. The reason for a warranty in the first place is to protect older appliances. Stay away from this company, they DONOT stand by their word.

Ed Yost Clarksburg, MD

No follow No contact Warranty plans are misleading Would like to get a refund for the plans we paid for

Susan Williams-Russell Whiting, NJ

I subscribed to this service last year in June (2020) Today is 3/17/21. When I went to file a claim this morning online, I was told that the contract was not active. I checked with my bank and the payment dated 2/26/21 was made and the next is due on 3/26/21. I called customer service (which is a joke), and was told that it would be 48 to 72 hours before someone could get back to me on that. I sent them a screen shot of the payment coming out of the bank and fully expect my attorney to be contacting them as I copied him on the email. So, if someone gets back to me in 48-72 hours, and I'm waiting another 48 to 72 for service, this, in my opinion, is THE LAST HOME WARRANTY YOU SHOULD BUY. If these people are owned by Amazon, that means I'll have further trouble getting into their overseas call center and having this resolved. I'm already asking for someone who can speak clear English.

yvonne grimes Montgomery, AL

Don't buy they are not a good warranty problem, It take 9 month to get a refund and the customer service is bad a Sofia G is nasty and rude. i try cancel after 45 days for not wanting come out for service. I have report to my attorney

kym kelso Phoenix, AZ

Scott. was very easy to work with made it very easy hoping the service is just as good?

Mark Harding Bryan, TX

Me. Carter was amazing to talk to about the policy. Very knowledgeable. Was able to answer all of my questions

PC , PA

DO NOT buy home warranty from this company. If you like trouble and ripoff tech go ahead buy this company home warranty. You will not get what you have been told.

Pamela J. Starr Marietta, GA

I just signed up so I can only speak to my initial impressions - James was professional and knowledgeable. He explained the policy and coverage options in detail and answered all my questions (including a few I forgot to ask). I hope the policy and service live up to the hype.

Laura Sutherly Jackson, MI

I decided to cancel and the process has been extremely difficult. Long hold times, disconnects and transfers. There is not a customer service line to resolve issues.

Marilyn N Jamal Palatine, IL

We were very impressed with Mr. James C. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and explained what our warranty would cover. He told us to call him with any questions we may have now and in the future.

Robert Kern Lake Zurich, IL

Explained AHW's program. Very informative and helpful. No Pressure! Understood my needs. Thank you!

Clarence Ross , WP

Nice support from a home insurance company. The technician arrived as scheduled and was very knowledgeable and comprehensive in diagnosing and getting my washer back up. I'm really grateful that I picked Amazon.

Kelly Michael Corpus Christi, TX

Service/Sales Representative Joe G. was very knowledgeable, a pleasure to work with on my decision to select AHW

Jane Garner Browns Mills, NJ

More things covered offered at a better price.

Allison ,

I excited to switch to this home warranty plan. The first call- customer service was exceptional!

Nyc Rick Kerrville, TX

Customer rep. was knowledgeable and very pleasant to speak with.

Lisa Holland Independence, KY

Jeff S. was knowledgeable, courteous, and very helpful. He was not derogatory toward other home warranty providers which I experienced when speaking with other providers...super cool on his part. If everything goes well when I do have a claim, I will definitely recommend AHW.

Mary Johnson Clarksville, TN

Scam. They find reasons to deny your claim. Stacy if that is her name lied to me after trying to get office manager from contractor to support their lie that my system failure was do to poor maintenance, rust and corrosion. I asked for a written copy of denial. I was told I needed to talk to contractor to get copy of report denying my claim. What a liar. They don't want to put their lie in writing because they know the reason they denied my claim is bogus. If I could give these scam artist a zero I would. I'm not done with Amazon by a long shot. I trusted these people and they are full of crap. I will plaster as many post all over the place. I will get a hand on that report and I will pay a arm and a leg to get these scam artist put out of business.

E. Kim Coppell, TX

They send a technician who doesn’t have a clue for the problem. Also technician changed appointments so many times and didn't show up without notifying. Wrong diagnosis of the problem and they make us pay out of pocket to the technician. Technician was unprofessional.

Ginny McCormick Hudson, FL

It was a pleasure to work with Steve W . He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable.

Stephanie Brokamp Tampa, FL

Good and helpful . Representatives nice and friendly

Margaret Connolly South Elgin, IL

Tom is beyond knowledgeable very pleased with our conversation

M Abe Casa Grande, AZ

I just signed up, the process was painless and hopefully I will not have to use the policy, but it's nice to have peace of mind if I need to.

Mike Houston, TX

According to AHW, all claims you make arepre-existing conditions and they will not cover them. This company is a scam. When they call, they are flagged as a scam risk. They have assigned me contractors that don't even work in my area.

Teresa Davis Cairo, GA

They did not honor their warranty. It must be bad when they offered me $150 to stay with them and not cancel.

David White Norcross, GA

Bad customer service, hard to understand the operators, a big rip off

Nancy Louisville, KY

Just signed up with this company and spoke to a very friendly knowledgeable person (Steve). I hope to never use the service but I feel this top rated company will be a blessing if we ever need to. Too many pluses about this company to elaborate but I did do research on the 5 best home warranty services and chose this one. Thank you Steve you are a good sales person.

John Lloyd Tuscaloosa, AL

Do not buy Amazon Home Warranty, the negative reviews are true. I read reviews but believed the sales guy, big mistake. They take too long to assign a claim to one of their technicians. I had an ac problem in 100 degree weather last summer and they did not care. Their tech showed up in an Yukon with no signs on truck and did not know what he was doing. He forgot to attach wires back after taking it apart. I had a motor blow out on my heat pump today and when they saw price on quote they denied claim. Blowers are covered but they said a 30 year old system was not maintained properly even though the motor and unit has operated well for 30 years. Tech said blower going out after 30 years had nothing to do with maintenance. Do not buy this warranty especially if you have older appliances or hvac systems. Customer service and response time is very poor.

Anish Babu Denver, CO

Amazon home warranty is a scam. Don't fall for the fall promises of the sales people. We had a home warranty for the last 4 years and we were happy with them except they kept raising the price every year. AHW promised that it's the same or better coverage than the previous company but it was a little cheaper. They also said they have 24 x 7 coverage. UNFORTUNATELY I believed in their sales pitch. So we signed up for AHW in December 2020 to start the coverage in January 2021. After the first week of January we had a little plumbing issue and they denied coverage saying that it's only a week after we started the coverage. It was infact after 30 days of of waiting period and a week after that. Then they said they don't cover faucets. Five days ago our furnace went out and it was sub zero temperature here in Colorado for the past few days. I called to open a claim and they said they will have someone reach out to me within 72 hours. So they lied about 24 x 7 service. The technician came 4 days later and found out that the furnace needs to be replaced. AHW denied the claim with some ridiculous excuses. AHW is a SCAM. Don't fall for it.

Bapelton Pensacola, FL

Caring responsive service. Amazon’s rep had the answers and the ability to respond

sapporo50 Phoenix, AZ

Very well informed. Felt no pressure from Tim.

A. Newman Alexandria, VA

Fred W. was excellent. Very thorough and patient, and explained everything completely.

Susan Polk Leavenworth, KS

Brad was very helpful in answering questions regarding the selected plan. I was very pleased with his professionalism and friendliness. Selection of AHW over other available providers was based on rating by This Old House, available options, affordability and the phone interaction with Brad.

Greg Matson Sioux Falls, SD

Fred was amazingly patient with me, super job

Anthony D Santa Ana, CA

Tim was great in explaining everything and able to answer all of my questions and concerns. I haven't used the warranty services yet, however I am rating a five star for the customer service I've experienced this far. I'm optimistic this will be a great experience, as I've had some past horrific experiences with other home warranty providers.

Claudette Wood ,

Timely service when needed. Service fee very reasonable. Good coverage. Renewal program easy and painless.

annette eubanks Greenville, NC

Slow to respond to service request. Called on the third day to inform me that the garage door opener is not covered because it was a gear issue and not an opener issue. The gear is a part of the opener. Also had an issue with the previous service related to our air conditioner which continued to have issues after the repair. AHW referred us back to agency that repaired the unit. They never called us back.

Linda Ash Kansas City, MO

It’s apparent they do not have a wide range of contractors! My washer went out and kept calling a contractor asking him to come fix it! Contractor told me he has told them several times! I have no heat right now going on second day of no heat after filing a claim! Called 3 times to complain and every time they said they would escalate it! Apparently this is not urgent to them! Also they don’t realize that going without heat could burst my pipes then I would be in another situation where it’s not considered urgent to them! I had another warranty company where a contractor was notified that day! Worst company!

Caprice Swilley Orlando, FL

It takes Amazon forever to send a company out. The company never fixed my sink even after the came out they say they have to get with Amazon and it’s been 3 more days and I haven’t heard from either one of the called Amazon they said someone will get in touch with me and that’s been three days ago

Ricky Amin Livingston, NJ

Steve was a gem and was able to answer all my questions and help me get warranty on all my 7 houses.

NEIL KWIATKOWSKI ,

ON 12/16/2020, AMAZON HOME WARRANTY (AHW) AUTHORIZED ME TO GET THE FURNACE AND DUCT WORK FIXED IN MY HOME. AMAZON HOME WARRANTY STATED "THAT BEFORE YOU DID ANY WORK THEY WOULD NEED TO GIVE AN AUTHORIZATION CODE". ON 1/11/2021, THERE WAS A FOLLOW-UP FROM AHW. THE ADVANTAGE HEATING AND AIR REFUSED TO WORK ON MY HOME. THE COMPANY STATED THEY WOULD NOT DO THE WORK BECAUSE AHW DOES NOT PAY. IN SHORT, THE ADVANTAGE HEATING AIR GUY LARRY C RESPECTFULLY DENIED TO COMPLETE THE JOB. ON 1/18/2021, ONCE AGAIN THE COMPANY STATED THEY WOULD NOT DO THE WORK BECAUSE AHW DOES NOT PAY. IN SHORT, THE ADVANTAGE HEATING AIR GUY LARRY C RESPECTFULLY DENIED TO COMPLETE THE JOB FOR THE SECOND TIME. AFTER CONTACTING AHW, AND MADE THEM AWARE THAT I AM STILL WITHOUT HEAT IN MY HOME AND MY FURNACE WAS RUNNING NON-STOP CAUSING MY PROPANE TO BE USED UP 50% FASTER THAN USUAL DUE TO THE FURNACE NOT WORKING AND THE DUCT WORK NOT WORKING AS WELL. AFTER THE COMPLAINT, AHW SENT ME THIS EMAIL: "We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We have submitted for your claim to be reassigned. Once the new technician accepts the work order you will be notified. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer." ON 1/19/ 2021, I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL FROM AHW: With all the COVID-19 related changes our business has had to adapt to we sincerely apologize for the delay in service. Regrettably, we have exhausted the search for a licensed technician within our vendor network in your area. We do offer a reimbursement option so that you may use a vendor outside of our network.ON 1/19/2021, I RECEIVED TWO REIMBURSEMENT FORMS FOR CLAIMS #77247 AND #73924. THE NOTIFIED ME TO FIND A COMPANY TO FIX THE ISSUES AS THEY EXHAUSTED ALL MEANS POSSIBLE TO FIX THE ISSUE. ON 1/29/2021, I FINALLY FOUND A COMPANY ON MY OWN THE DIAGNOSE AND FIX THE ISSUE. ON 1/30/2021, A DIAGNOSIS AND COSTS WERE SUBMITTED. SEE BELOW ATTACHMENTS ALONG WITH CONTRACT. I SENT THIS IN WITH THE REIMBURSEMENT FORMS. ON 2/2/2021, I RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM AHW, THAT WAS NOT EVEN ASSIGNED TO ME (NOTICE "DEAR TYLER"). Dear Tyler, Re: Claim # 73934 We apologize for the delay in assigning your claim. However, due to current circumstances in order to expedite the process you may use your own service provider and follow our reimbursement procedures. ON 2/2/2021, AHW ASSIGNED ME A NEW CLAIM # 79100: (WHY?!) AFTER CONTACTING AHW AGAIN. I MADE THEM AWARE THAT I AM STILL WITHOUT HEAT IN MY HOME AND MY FURNACE WAS RUNNING NON-STOP CAUSING MY PROPANE TO BE USED UP 50% FASTER THAN USUAL DUE TO THE FURNACE NOT WORKING AND THE DUCT WORK NOT WORKING AS WELL. THIS HAS BEEN SINCE 12/19/2020! FROM ME: THE INFORMATION WAS INACCURATE AND FALSE. I REQUESTED AND AM REQUESTING AGAIN TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR. I WAS ALREADY TOLD TO HAVE A LICENSED HVAC TECHNICIAN TO GIVE A DIAGNOSIS BECAUSE AMAZON HOME WARRANTY WAS UNABLE TO PROVIDE ONE FOR ME. SO I FINALLY FIND A LICENSED HVAC TECHNICIAN AND I GET A MICKY MOUSE ANSWER LIKE "ITS NOT COVERED". UNACCEPTABLE ON 2/5/2021 I RECEIVED THIS EMAIL: X. MEDIATION In the event of a dispute over claims or coverage You agree to file a written informal claim with Us and allow Us twenty (20) calendar days to respond to the claim. You and We, agree to mediate in good faith before resorting to mandatory arbitration. All written claims should be mailed to AHW, LLC, Mediation Department, 20 S Third Street, Suite 210, Columbus, OH 43215 or e-mailed to us at [email protected] Thank you. THE DIAGNOSIS STATED UNIT IS NOT LARGE ENOUGH FOR HOME WHICH IS 1965 SQ FT. THE CURRENT UNIT IS 2.5 TONS AND NEEDS TO BE 5 TONS. THE DIAGNOSIS ALSO STATED THAT COIL DOES NOT MATCH AIR CONDITIONER. LASTLY, THE DIAGNOSIS STATED FURNACE IS ONLY PUSHING 80,000 BTU. THE UNIT SHOULD BE 100,000 TO 110,000 BTU'S . THIS IS WHY UNIT IS NOT HEATING / COOLING ROOMS AT THE END OF HOME WHICH ARE THE REC ROOM AND LAUNDRY ROOM. RESPECTFULLY REQUEST AN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER FOR CLAIM REIMBURSEMENTS #77247 AND #73924. THESE TWO CLAIMS WILL COST $7,200 FOR FURNACE AND DUCTWORK INSTALLATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME IN THIS MATTER. RIP OFF!!!

Baylor D ,

WORST EVER! Will not cover anything stated on the website. STAY AWAY!

Ashley Papst Fremont, NE

Your sales clerk was pretty cool to talk to. My agreement with this company covers my humidifier and most other companies didn't. The price is affordable and worth paying in order to fix my issues with my heater, air conditioner, and appliances.