Amazon Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

Amazon Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to Amazon Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

Amazon Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. Amazon Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional Amazon Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; Amazon Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, Amazon Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of Amazon Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Amazon Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to Amazon Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, Amazon Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because Amazon Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, Amazon Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

Amazon Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering Amazon Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

Call our recommended rep over at Amazon Home Warranty below.

3.8

Midwestlady

January 22nd, 2021 Rhome, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Signed up in July 2020 and the 1st time I went to use it they denied me service just to come out and look at the AC unit (that pipe deal was leaking) and that means it needs to be serviced. I tried to sign up for service on-line and it said that I already had this serviced and declined me. Then I called and it took a long time to explain to the lady that I had NEVER used them before and that I just signed up with them. Then they told me it would be several days before they would be able to set up the appointment. I needed the air to work because I was having a small get together for my daughters graduation so I had to call out the AC company myself and paid them directly to fix it. I e-mailed to cancel the Amazon Home Warranty, called the guy that set me up and told him to contact me because I needed to cancel and left a detailed message. They say that have a 30 day grace period but charged me for a service that I canceled in July until September! Now, correct me if I am wrong but isn't that OVER 30 days? Now I am going back and forth with them about getting my money back. Single mom and working hard, followed their procedures and they still won't give me the money back. Big company against me. Wow! Do not sign up with them. They are NOT good. This is not like the regular Amazon that we order from. They are not one in the same. Look it up. BEWARE!!!!

Debbie

January 20th, 2021 Milford, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had sighed up for 3 years in the first year our heater went out. They said they were sending someone out the very first company did not even call us so they were sending out another they did show up they said they knew what was wrong and had to get parts. I paid our fee and they never came back I called no response I called Amazon and was told they would take care of it. No response from the ones who came out so they sent another company he showed up kind of figured out the problem I told him Amazon was going to pay our fee because I already paid. He left saying he had to get authorization and parts. He never came back I waited a couple of weeks called Amazon again now they had noted all of the problems they assured me they would get someone weeks later they found someone but when I went to setup the appointment they said I would have to pay for the visit and any parts because Amazon was not paying them so I would have to be renbursed by Amazon. Now the call was $145 plus the repair. I declined and contacted Amazon they said since they could not find someone that they could send out I could find someone and pay for it they had to first submit a bid before Amazon would agree to pay. Well after all of this spread out over 5-6 months I said no more and ask for a refund. They agreed to the refund minus $450. Because that was the prorated amount. I said but you never lived up to your part in getting me a repair done. Sorry but that’s the way we do it. This was so stressful because every time they sent me a company it took me weeks to get them to return my call. NEVER WOULD US THEM AGAIN.

unsatisfied

January 19th, 2021 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give AHW zero stars I would! I tried to cancel this policy for two months, calling and calling and they would always confirm that it was cancel and then they would withdraw my account. Such a headache- I called again today and they are telling me that there is a $30 fee to cancel... like what I thought I didn't have a contract SMH this people are thieves!! Today I spoke to a manager VERY RUDY and she said that she had stopped the bank drafts and cancelled the policy -- I am praying that this was done this time. STAY AWAY from this company. The service and contractors they use are horrible as well.

Amy Whitfield

January 17th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SCAM. Amazon will find any way possible to not cover your claim. This company is not affiliated with Amazon at all and they are an absolute joke. Paid for service for a year. I had two claims and they denied both. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Elizabeth

January 14th, 2021 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We also bought the 3 year Senior package. First, this is not owned by AMAZON. Separate company out of OHIO. Courteous customer service. Terrible technicians, some say they can't get paid. Unfortunately, we had several claims and each one ended in a dispute. We had to hire outside companies to diagnosis issues, pay them and then wait for a partial reimbursement. Also when they decide not to repair something, they either ignore you for months or send you a check for what they decide the repair is worth. We have been wither our furnace for over 2 months, still haggling with them and more promises of a return call in 24-48 hours. Don't buy, regardless of what you're hear!

Alex Valencia

January 7th, 2021 Lexington Park, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My experience was terrible. Called for a minor fridge water dispenser line acting up. Took them forever to send a tech because their system kept assigning HVAC company instead of Appliance repair. This happened 4 times before a tech finally came. When he finally came he didn't even check what was actually wrong. Instead he replaced the water filter and caused a leak. Because he put that there was a leak during changing the filter AHW said that wasn't covered. The leak was caused by the tech. It never leaked. Too much of a headache for a minor first claim. Canceled them after such a painful process. God forbid something major breaks and it takes months to fix an emergency like heating or Air Cond. Everytime I called they said I would get called back in 1-2 days but they NEVER called. I had to call to follow up Everytime.

Patrice Dunlap

December 30th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wish that I could give AHW -10 stars. The service was horrible. I called to report an issue with a leak under my sink and no one showed up for a week. I had to notify AHW they couldn't find my initial claim and their technician was a no show. Another technician finally scheduled an appointment to arrive at my house to look at my sink he didn't arrive on the date scheduled. Which resulted in more missed hours of work. When he finally arrived, he wasn't sure how the billing and the approval process worked. I waited another 2 weeks for a disposal to arrive. The technician made an appointment to install the new disposal, and again, he didn't show up when scheduled. I called AHW to cancel my service plan and they did not mention that I will be charged for my service call if i cancel my contract early. I would never recommend this company to anyone. RUN!

Rajnesh Tangri

December 23rd, 2020 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The first time using Amazon Home Warranty - AWEFUL is all I can say. My house heater is stopped working. Called in a claim. For no reason they flagged my issue as a preexisting condition with no basis / explanation and declined my claim. I had the system working until 4 am and I called in a claim at 10 am. This company is a sham, take your business elsewhere.

T A

December 17th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was told by salesman that coyld make claims on any appliance after initial 30 days. Plus was only month to month and could cancel at any time. Made claim and was refused. Told by support staff that they expected all equipment to be in excelent condtion day one and they dont expect claims for several months after policy active. Great if one could perdict when an appliance might die, want to buy stock in those predictions. Also spoke with two managers with NO help. Told them I wanted to cancel policy and was told you have to pay administation fee to cancel. NO refunds on policy. Still have not had it canceled after several days. Also when I sent several emails over a week to get assistance was told these were treats to them. They never answer phone, you have to leave message and wait for call back. I have dealt with other home warranties as a A&E Appliance serviceman until I retired and would give AHW a -5 stars if possible.

Helen Collins

December 4th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My garbage disposal was leaking due to large crack in it. Called AHW and assigned to Mr. R for replacement of said garbage disposal. I called Mr. R to set up appointment and was told by them that they were no longer working with AHW as they had not been paid for previous repairs/replacements and that AHW was not answering their E-mail either requesting payment. I went ahead and engaged Mr. R and then called AHW and demanded reimbursement. At first they wanted to reassign me to someone else, but I didn't want to wait. AHW did sent me a re-imbursement form to complete. I must have the repairman talk to rep. at AHW to get authorization to replace the garbage disposal and he must prove the need for replacement. I am NOT a happy camper. I replace my previous Home Warranty with AHW due to difficulties with them in hope that AHW would be a far better alternative.

Pad yardi

November 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Takes a long time to respond. Some of the agents are very rude. And they don't cover water heater tank.

Dan Durett

November 30th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Did not deliver on promises of excellent service. Quite the opposite.

Ronnie Underwood

November 24th, 2020 Troutville, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using Amazon home warranty for a couple years. I have 3 accounts. Myself and my two sons house. My son contacted them a couple months ago about his dishwasher. Oh sorry we don’t work on that. I contacted them about a leak. The tell me I have to tear my own wall down. They said if it had been the drain it all would had been covered. Well it was my drain and they say oh sorry but you have to tear your own tile floor out. Please be aware, this place is a rip off! Do not fall for their trap!

mark montoya

November 22nd, 2020 Knoxville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Won't fulfill a claim if they seem you haven't had contract long enough. Tried to file on day 1 to get oven fixed and they denied it.

Adam

November 20th, 2020 Nashua, NH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Beware of Sales BS before you sign in. My experience with them is not good. They don't have proper claim system and approval process. Imagine a claim system where you send MMS to mobile number for claim to be processed. This explains the standard of the company dealing with. Am cancelling my home warranty contract with them.

Larry J115

November 19th, 2020 Fayetteville, GA

Amazon Home Warranty is a breath of fresh air in the Home Warranty business. The Associate I spoke with, James C, was professional, knowledgeable and easy to converse with. He seemed to have my best interest in mind as he explained all of my options and compared Amazon to other providers in this space. Unlike other providers I have been with, Amazon's single point of contact for resolving issues will be of major benefit to me when I need assistance. I'm very impressed so far.

Amy Farrell

November 19th, 2020 Oakland, CA

Quote and on boarding process was quick, easy and professional.

Michael

November 19th, 2020 Denver, CO

Though there were perhaps all too frequent emails and text and calls over the last 6 months. I finally bit the bullet and decided to talk with Steve yesterday and today. He was very pleasant and informative and we finally did purchase a 3 year senior package. We have obviously not used it as yet but if it works as advertised we will be very happy

Jennie

November 18th, 2020 Deerfield, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We switched to Amazon after reading reviews and talking to representatives. Cost comparable to others. We now have clothes washer not working. It’s been a week—-four calls and still no response other than they can’t fix it due to COVID!!!!! I call BS. If they won’t provide service refund our money.

Audrey Coombs

November 17th, 2020 Sun City Center, FL

I just purchased the warranty and have no frame of reference yet. However, I was treated with the utmost respect. Mr. C went into detail about the warranty, and made sure that I was aware of what to expect going forward.

Randall Dalton

November 16th, 2020 Kansas City, MO

Great reviews and great personal contact. James was top notch and answered all my questions. Pricing is excellent

sam mashburn

November 13th, 2020 Sherman, TX

First time customer with Amazon Agent was very helpful, answered all questions, no pressure Proof will be in the pudding, as they say, I'm sure they will still shine after the first claim! Thanks

George Schabes

November 12th, 2020 Island Park, NY

Good communication, direct, personable, effective.

Brian Harte

November 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super friendly and helpful. Spoke to an actual human being instead of an automated system. Was signed up in less than 5 minutes.

Robert Huggins

November 11th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV

The ability to lock the rate for three years with a $60 service call fee was an important factor, but the ability to request a specific service provider was the most important factor for me.

Mario G

November 11th, 2020 Cranbury, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After 30 days of waiting period, I submitted a claim which was rejected without investigating it. the said that 1 week is not enough for a garage door to fail and they ignored that I paid already for a month prior that week. I got a local technician and it was an easy fix that costed me less than $100 and parts needed to be changed. the bottom line they did not investigate the claim at all and when I asked their agent what is the reasonable time for any system or appliance to fail he refused to answer. he only said it is not expected to do so soon. I guess they want me to pay for 6 months or more without using the warranty before i submit a claim which may or may not approved. Note they don't cover most of the stuff you will need Like boiler tanks, stoppages and clogs in drain and sewer lines that cannot be cleared by cable or caused by root invasion; caused by foreign objects such as, but not limited to, sanitary wipes, toys, bottle caps, etc.; bath tubs; toilet lids and seats; sinks; faucets and fixtures and much more. Most of the stuff expected to fail are not covered. I am canceling it today after paying for 2 months for nothing in return.

Miguel Torres

November 11th, 2020 Georgetown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service, good pricing, do recommend

V Woods

November 10th, 2020 Basking Ridge, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Thanks for contacting me regarding my home warranted expiration I am happy to know if I should require a repair on an appliance I’m covered under your plan.

Armando Prado

November 10th, 2020 Valrico, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I shopped and signed up online then received a message stating that a representative would be reaching out since I qualified for discounts. The representative never mentioned any discounts so it was definitely false advertising.

Brita Blesi

November 6th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They come up with a reason to not cover any claim. I did my research when selecting a home warranty company and Amazon Home Warranty was highly rated. So far I have only lost money because I pay for the service fee, but then they do not actually cover anything. I have a receipt showing my furnace was working four months ago, it now needs to be repaired, but Amazon says because there is rust they will not cover anything.

Shana Hankins

November 5th, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Jesse was very informative and polite. A salesman, but not pushy , and listened to what I wanted.

Phyllis Mikell

November 3rd, 2020 Barrington, IL

Fred was very helpful and explained the policy inclusions well

Carolyn Thompson

November 3rd, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would rate them a 0 if that were possible. They do not like to pay claims. They determined my claim for a faulty ignition on my stove was pre existing with no evidence. There is no way to dispute their conclusion. It is just their word against yours.

Paula Jarvis

November 2nd, 2020 New Florence, PA

I worked with JT M and he was amazing. He took his time to answer all my questions, explained how the warranty works and never pressured me for the sale. He was very polite and patient with us during the purchase. We had a date set to purchase then had some family issues and he was very understanding. I would highly recommend talking with him about any future home warranty purchase. Sincerely, Paula Jarvis

Teresita

November 2nd, 2020 ,

So far as a brand new customer my interactions with Ryan have been great. If I ever need to use the services provided I hope they live up to the standard.

55Plus Homes

November 1st, 2020 Macungie, PA

Very customer service oriented. I called on a Saturday and was told a sales rep would call me back. Had no idea it would be on a Sunday when everyone is closed. James explained everything informatively and even offered a special. I’m looking forward to seeing how any service calls will be taken care of in the future. I’m a realtor and if this warranty works well for me, I’ll certainly be referring!

Robert Paganelli

October 30th, 2020 Grand Rapids, MI

Well Iam a new customer and was looking to find the best one .and the person I got Tim D he the reason I went we with Amazon because of his knowledge and its ability to answer all these questions that I ask him a great person .

Stacy Reynolds

October 30th, 2020 Norcross, GA

James was very helpful and answered my questions.

Nagesh Naik

October 29th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just brought Amazon Home Warranty. Kenneth P helped me with the whole process. He took time and effort to explain me with the policies and making me comfortable.

Marjorie Chambers

October 28th, 2020 St Louis, MO

The program was explain very well. With out asking the represent gave discounts to reduce payments. Not only that the company was able to mix plans to fit your needs. I am a new customer so I do not know any more than this.

Sam B.

October 28th, 2020 Birmingham, AL

Just purchased an AHW. James C, was delightful! He explained everything and answered all of my questions. I greatly appreciate his professional and friendly customer service! Thank you, Sam B.

lisaberry

October 28th, 2020 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that i was able to do everything online , there were no hard questions or anything that i needed to have extra other than what they ask for which is so simple.. I completed the form , selected my plan ,paid and i was done. Simple !!! I received conformation shortly after letting me know everything covered and how to contact them if i had any questions. I love the response time. This company is awesome!!!#

Jack Whisler

October 27th, 2020 Lynchburg, VA

Price, inclusivity and coverage limits..

Barry

October 27th, 2020 Orlando, FL

I’ve owned several home warranties over the years, there were always a catch 22 when placed a call. Everything from ice makers not covered, Freon limit and the $1000-$1500 AC coverage. And of course the $125 per call. We really did our homework this time, and was first surprised to see that Amazon offered a home warranty, as well as not having any of the limitations or cost I mentioned earlier. Being an Amazon Prime member for over 12 years, I have completed confidence that they would provide the same quality customer care I’ve grown accustomed too over the years. The first notable difference was the ease of getting someone on the phone.

Randall Whitfield

October 26th, 2020 Macon, GA

James C, your customer service representative, did a great job signing me up for a new home warranty. He was knowledgeable, personable and made my first contact with your company a pleasure. He is the reason that your company gets a five star rating from me.

Ernest Starks

October 24th, 2020 Chicago, IL

Help with all our needs he was very professional

Mike M

October 23rd, 2020 Nottingham, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just purchased, so time will tell. The rep explained the program well and provided a military discount so that was nice.

Marcus

October 22nd, 2020 Greeley, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very professional and very caring staff. When you hire good people, and treat them right, this is what you get. Great service and thus a great company.

Emily Abbey

October 22nd, 2020 Belleview, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tim D was especially helpful to my purchase. Time will tell. Customer Service is excellent.

LV RN

October 21st, 2020 ,

The representative I spoke with, Tim D, was professional, respectful, responsive and assisted me throughout the whole process--making it easy and efficient. Thank you!