AHW Home Warranty Logo

AHW Home Warranty

6.7

LAST UPDATED: October 26th, 2021

AHW Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

AHW Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to AHW Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

AHW Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. AHW Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional AHW Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; AHW Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, AHW Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of AHW Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

AHW Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to AHW Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, AHW Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because AHW Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, AHW Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

AHW Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering AHW Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.7

Vern Guyer Pleasant Grove, UT

Have had the service for a little over two years now. Would love to give them 5 stars, but the first couple of requests were not handled in a quick or efficient manner. Their customer service dept needed an overhaul. Things have gotten better now.

Karuna Gulati

I called to request a claim. Rep. Put me on hold and then disconnected me after 15 minutes being on hold. Called again. This time the lady told me water heater is not covered. I checked my contract and it says covered and I also received email that I will hear in 2-3 working days. Water heater is such an important thing, that cannot wait that lonh.

Sergio G

The people in the office are good. The contractors they hire need improvement. We did have an issue with one of the contractors but the people in the office were able to find another (and great contractor to repair a dryer). The website also needs investment and updating. It is not as well done as some of the other services.

Stephanie Cox Austin, TX

Beginning of the contract was handled poorly. It's ok now, but I was promised a reiumbursement on work for air conditioning, and then when I submitted the fax with the information, I never received a check.

Donna Beard Moneta, VA

The call came in when I was involved in a dispute with the company that we currently were using. I had filed my first claim with them and then found out that they actually don't really cover things fully in their plan. They only pay a small amount of the cost to repair or replace whatever is broken or totally unusable . They get an estimate from the tech who looks at the problem, and then they meet with 'the board' and decide how much they will reimburse after I pay for the repair. I have cancelled that policy and have to wait to receive a refund. I have now purchased a plan from your company and feel more hopeful that if I have a plan with you that I can count on it to take care of the problem.

Edgar Conroe, TX

I did some digging trying to choose the right Home Warranty. All companies will have bad reviews from time to time, but it seemed to be like Amazon Home W had the least bad reviews, and it looks like they really care about having always good reviews. That is why they offer us a chance to win a new fridge if we leave a review lol. So here it is - that is why you will read a lot of reviews from people that haven't even use their services yet. So I would read the bad reviews only, and kind of make your own decision after that. So why 4 stars? Because I don't know how they will really work if/when I have a claim. I guess I will come back whenever that happens.

Travis S Young

Well it sounds good but haven't had to use it yet hopefully I will not having that piece of mind that things will be taking g care of eliminates the stress

Kevin Ho

Good but one issue took about 3 weeks to resolve and I had to be the point person to get it done! They were previously a 5 until the one vendor didn't follow through

Kirk Riverside, CA

I purchased an Amazon Home Warranty contract in January 2019. When I filed my first claim in March, I received a call from customer service saying oops, we never should have sold you a policy since you live in California. Yes I'm getting a full refund for $549, but this unacceptable. The only reason I signed up for this service in the first place is because it was Amazon.

Jay

Ive only been with them for a month and i havent had to use them. But as far as the customer service goes,it was good!

Prenesta Brooks Savannah, GA

My Agent name was James C he explained my options and cost but I'm still waiting on my update contact I was told that my tech fee to come out will be $65.00 but when he emailed me it stated $10.00 more if not corrected I will stop further payment I take a person's word as their LOYALTY

Diann Manvel, TX

My issue has mainly been the difficulty in reaching customer service, not just for me, but contractors trying to get permission to proceed with repairs. I am forgiving 90%of this complaint to COVID 19 and adjustments that all businesses needed to make. Otherwise, I have been very pleased with the contractors they have sent out.

Bryan Simmons-Scie

The representative was pleasant and patient and was willing to answer all of my questions in detail.

Teresita ,

So far as a brand new customer my interactions with Ryan have been great. If I ever need to use the services provided I hope they live up to the standard.

Twinmom11 ,

Our coverage doesn’t start until next month. So I can’t tell you how that is. But dealing with the representative was by far a better experience than other home warranty companies we have dealt with.

Dwayne Greensboro, NC

Jeff was great. He did all he could do to get me to purchase and I didn't feel pressured. Ready to find out if it's worth it. I'm saving money compared to my previous warranty company.

Ash

I have not used the warrant yet. I like the $75 deductible and easy to schedule appointment online

Jim

Best price and great customer service. We're the best for customizing your plan.

Johnson Thomas Elmont, NY

Mr.Ray T. was very nice and helpful to set up the account.I like his dealing

Ginny McCormick Hudson, FL

It was a pleasure to work with Steve W . He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable.

Amber Burgess

They were friendly professional. Explained everything and got me a great price

Errol Glenwood, MD

Have no claims yet. Will see how they respond down the road..

Bryan Blaise

The way the policie start,But that's ok the price was reasonable

John Kendrick Greenback, TN

Always reach someone in time of need hope the service is great

JohnR Valdez Tomball, TX

Same coverage as there competitors but for a much lower price

Jeremy

Because I have never filed a claim so I have no idea how good they really are.

Angela Tanksley

GREAT COMMUNICATION COVERED ALL MY NEEDS

James Reed Virginia Beach, VA

Professional Customer Service, with fair price and terms

Priya punjabi

It took the contractor 3 days to come in & check it

Arthur Coardes Douglasville, GA

So far, so good. I have had good service

Zakie Shunnarah

They have handled my Problem and were excellent about it.

Shana Hankins Charlotte, NC

Jesse was very informative and polite. A salesman, but not pushy , and listened to what I wanted.

Wanda Parks Round Lake, IL

New customer! Spoke with Fred. Good customer service and very pleasant. Explained details of the warranty.

Derrick Baird Jackson, MS

So far the first impression was good and I hope it stays like that so I want have to seek another company

Stephanie Brokamp Tampa, FL

Good and helpful . Representatives nice and friendly

Joe Schulte Park Forest, IL

answered all my questions, decent price, & included all the items I felt I needed coverage for.

Jen

Good customer service so far . Hope it continues if we ever need to file a claim .

Dean Cristol Bradenton, FL

Good experience, called very quickly, did not request a call

Bess Pittsburgh, PA

So far the salesman was great. Haven't used it yet and hope I won't need to.

Kelvin Sutton Greenville, NC

Customer service was very good very polite