AHW Home Warranty

6.7

LAST UPDATED: November 9th, 2021

AHW Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

AHW Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to AHW Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

AHW Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. AHW Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional AHW Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; AHW Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, AHW Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of AHW Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

AHW Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to AHW Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, AHW Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because AHW Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, AHW Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

AHW Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering AHW Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.7

Mark Montague

So far I've been with them for 5 days and I'm not impressed. Just put in my first request for repair and I'm being told because of the timing it's a pre-existing condition. I have an inspection report from my purchase of the home that states otherwise. Plus that is exactly why they have a 30 day delay on the start date to prevent this. Makes no sense what so ever. I really hope this trend doesn't continue. Plus it doesn't help that one of my issues is with plumbing and they are saying they don't cover the faucet. The issue is how am I suppose to know where the issue is? I'm not a plumber! Finally I was hung up on once and the second time I called I was told I'd receive a call back. That was at 8:30 this morning and it's now 1:30 with no calls

Leonard Smith Kings Mountain, NC

They are not very good on keeping up to make sure a repair is being taken care of, leaving it up to the customer to follow up with the repair company.

Irina Feygin Clifton Park, NY

I would like to warn potential buyers so they can avoid multiple issues I experienced dealing with Amazon Home Warranty. Please look up their Better Business Bureau rating, which has been downgraded due to poor customer service and inability to fulfill commitments. They will be very pleasant and responsive during the sales call trying to convince you to buy their policy, offering multiple discounts to extend the term. Once they have you trapped the game begins. To be fair if you require a cheap repair you shouldn’t have too many issues unless your claim contain errors caused by Amazon, which will delay the process. Then you’ll call customer service to escalate the claim and never get a call back. But at the end of the day if it’s a couple hundred bucks it’s not a big deal. But f your appliance breaks and requires significant repair – brace yourself. They will disappear on you, come up with ridiculous requests and excuses, offer you an unreasonably low “replacement” value and very rudely dismiss your attempts to state the obvious. Because apparently value determination is at their discretion. Truly, the worst experience I’ve ever had with any service/home warranty company. Please consider other options and refer to the Better Business Bureau website for reference.

Debi Jibilian Fremont, OH

The agent went over the policy really thoroughly. However, he failed to inform me that this was a one-year policy, which is very annoying and makes the policy extremely expensive! I have reviewed the contract carefully and find you have far more exclusions than comparable companies, which is very surprising to me. In addition, I have attempted multiple times during a 20 minute period to contact you at two different numbers provided by you, only do find that impossible. Not a good impression on my first contract day!

Kerry Leavitt Las Vegas, NV

after calling again for the 10th time, I finally got the best deal and i thought some extras that the sales rep stated free roof Leak coverage and the combo pak. now when I called back to get the corrections, someone different answered and told me that the offer was not offered. but I have an text sent from you and repeated it to him. if this is the drill, maybe I will call back and cancel my warranty!

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Kerry, never mind. I found the last text message you received which is $125.00 off plus free roof coverage - discount code #freeroof125. Thats $125 off the original rate of $624.00 as stated on our website for the combo plan. This brings your rate to $499 as mentioned earlier.

May. 5th, 2021

Lanae Gillespie

I have waited 9 days to get my dishwasher fixed. It is still unfixed and sitting full of sour water that will not drain. I have called 4 times and am hopeful a serviceman will be here in the morning. My warranty says I will have a serviceman in 24 to 48 hours.

Elizabeth Atlanta, GA

We also bought the 3 year Senior package. First, this is not owned by AMAZON. Separate company out of OHIO. Courteous customer service. Terrible technicians, some say they can't get paid. Unfortunately, we had several claims and each one ended in a dispute. We had to hire outside companies to diagnosis issues, pay them and then wait for a partial reimbursement. Also when they decide not to repair something, they either ignore you for months or send you a check for what they decide the repair is worth. We have been wither our furnace for over 2 months, still haggling with them and more promises of a return call in 24-48 hours. Don't buy, regardless of what you're hear!

Helen Collins ,

My garbage disposal was leaking due to large crack in it. Called AHW and assigned to Mr. R for replacement of said garbage disposal. I called Mr. R to set up appointment and was told by them that they were no longer working with AHW as they had not been paid for previous repairs/replacements and that AHW was not answering their E-mail either requesting payment. I went ahead and engaged Mr. R and then called AHW and demanded reimbursement. At first they wanted to reassign me to someone else, but I didn't want to wait. AHW did sent me a re-imbursement form to complete. I must have the repairman talk to rep. at AHW to get authorization to replace the garbage disposal and he must prove the need for replacement. I am NOT a happy camper. I replace my previous Home Warranty with AHW due to difficulties with them in hope that AHW would be a far better alternative.

Lynn

This is my follow-up review. This time it's about a $2000 septic problem. We have the extra policy for septic, one would expect this would be taken care of - NO. AHW couldn't find a contractor to fix our septic. They didn't bother to call us to tell us that - we had no bathroom!!! while they were fooling around. We called a local company and they were not amenable to checking their diagnoses with AHW. And I couldn't get AHW on the phone for approval anyway. Not happy!! Don't bother to buy the extra septic coverage.

Anita Goff Tulsa, OK

Because every time I call I have to call again to see when are they going to send someone out I have been waiting for a plumber for 3 weeks and still have not gotten service yet

Jeni Sutton Phoenix, AZ

You cannot get a straight answer. Every time you call you get a different answer. You can never get a supervisor it is always I can have a manager call you back and the never happens.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Jeni, our customers have recently been experiencing longer than normal hold times due to Covid-19. We continue to work diligently in providing the best customer satisfaction that we can possibly offer during these difficult times. Please call our customer support number at 888-934-0001 and someone will be happy to assist. Thank you, Amazon Home Warranty

Mar. 26th, 2020

annette eubanks Greenville, NC

Slow to respond to service request. Called on the third day to inform me that the garage door opener is not covered because it was a gear issue and not an opener issue. The gear is a part of the opener. Also had an issue with the previous service related to our air conditioner which continued to have issues after the repair. AHW referred us back to agency that repaired the unit. They never called us back.

Fran Murphy Morton Grove, IL

I have not received the booklet in the mail of exactly what this Home Warranty is in writing. I do not want to email all of that. I would like a booklet please.

Two Cents High Point, NC

Twice this company has made unauthorized charges to my credit card: the first time to renew my annual contract ($530), the second time was an unknown charge of ($235). I wasn't even alerted to the second charge until I saw my credit card statement. I've had to involve the BBB both times and their BBB certification has been revoked. This is every unethical business practice! Stay away!

Kathy Delong Garland, TX

So far not impressed,started with them in February 2019.Contacted them April 9 freezer went out.Tech came out said circuit board fried.Then they say it will be at least 7-10 days for replacement and by the way cilanoid was covered,what??Already lost around a 100 dollars,in food!

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Dear Kathy, Your claim was assigned to a technician right away and was covered except for the cilanoid which is a clear exclusion in the contract. Cylanoid is a standard industry exclusion. As for the 7 to 10 days for the replacement parts, this was due to a lack of availability for this particular part which is out of our control. While we apologize for the inconvenience, we have done our best to provide you with excellence in service and as result of the delay we have credited your account with a free service call fee for your next claim. thanks, Amazon Home Warranty

Apr. 26th, 2019

Ronnie

Takes too long to be reimbursed! It takes 30 days to get paid. An electrician you sent almost burned my house down!

Ulysses

Where do you find your repair people? Flea markets. Why do I have to follow up? Should be you or repair man.

Crystal Cannon

I had to cancel and I still haven't received a refund.

gil villegas Glendale, AZ

say you have coverage then they deny claim

Michael Garcia

Poor service on plumbling issues and contractor help....

Erlene Miller Forest Hill, MD

They do not cover shower head and faucets leaks

Judy Julian

Denied claim ending of one policy & starting this one"