AHW Home Warranty

6.7

LAST UPDATED: October 26th, 2021

AHW Home Warranty has been providing home warranties for the past decade with over 50 years of collective industry experience. The home warranty provider ranks at the top of the industry with an A+ rating by the BBB. The company has a large network of licensed and certified technicians and an extensive vetting and screening process.

AHW Home Warranty offers a variety of home warranty packages that cover major home systems and appliances, such as air conditioners, heating systems, plumbing, and electrical systems along with additional options customers can choose from.

Read on for pros and cons of working with this home warranty company or skip to AHW Home Warranty customer reviews for first-person feedback.

The Good

• Variety of Home Warranty Plans
  • Positive Consumer Reviews
  • Monthly or Annual Contract
  • Free Month of Service
  • Nearly Nationwide Coverage

Variety of Home Warranty Plans

AHW Home Warranty offers various home warranty plans that allow you to select the coverage that best fits your needs. With three main service plans and optional add-ons, customers can customize the warranty plan to their liking, which reassures them that they only have to pay for the coverage they want. Here is a list of each offered plan and which systems and appliances each plan covers. The warranty cost ranges between $349–$549, depending on which warranty plan you select, and the service fee for each visit is $75. Each plan will cover the normal wear and tear and repair or replacement of each covered product.

System Plan

• Central AC system
  • Central heating system
  • Plumbing (including stoppages)
  • Electrical system
  • Hot water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Jetted bathtub
  • Garage door openers

Appliance Plan

• Dishwasher
  • Refrigerator (with ice maker)
  • Clothes dryer
  • Freezer (stand alone)
  • Trash compactor
  • Oven/range/stove/cooktop
  • Clothes washer
  • Microwave ovens

Combo Plan

• All systems and appliances included in the Systems Plan and Appliance Plan.
  • Instant hot water dispenser

• Septic system
  • Well pump
  • Whole house humidifier
  • Wine refrigerator
  • Ice maker (free standing)
  • Septic tank pumping
  • Sump pump
  • Additional fridge
  • Limited roof leak
  • Water softener

Positive Consumer Reviews

Especially with home warranties, you want to make sure the company you choose to do business with provides quality service and exceptional customer service. AHW Home Warranty has overwhelmingly positive reviews, which is a good sign it is a trustworthy and quality company. Consumer reviews highlight customizable plans, low warranty cost, top-notch customer service, and timely repairs. Read additional AHW Home Warranty reviews below to hear what else customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Monthly or Annual Contract

Many home warranty companies have a set contract with no a negotiation policy; AHW Home Warranty, however, does not. The company allows you to choose between a monthly warranty contract or an annual warranty contract. This provides flexibility with your home warranty plan and allows you to customize your coverage the way you prefer.

Free Month of Service

If you purchase a single payment home warranty plan, AHW Home Warranty will give you your first month of service completely free. Homeowners can get a free preview of AHW Home Warranty's services before paying for its services in full.

Nearly Nationwide Coverage

AHW Home Warranty covers nearly all of the United States except for the state of California. Fortunately, this is a wide service area that gives most of the nation access to AHW Home Warranty's services.

The Bad

You Can't Choose Your Own Contractor

Unlike some home warranty companies, AHW Home Warranty uses its own contractors rather than allowing you to select your own. However, its contractors are top-rated, prescreened, and fully licensed, so you will be in good hands even though you won't be appointing them yourself. This could also prove to be less of a hassle because AHW Home Warranty takes care of finding the contractor and relaying the necessary information, so you won't have to worry about there being any confusion with the service provider and the contractor.

The Bottom Line

Servicing home warranty customers for nearly a decade, AHW Home Warranty is a leader in the industry with a trustworthy network of licensed and vetted technicians. The home warranty company gives the consumer customization options by providing various home warranty plans and additional add-ons if desired, as well as the choice of a monthly or annual contract.

AHW Home Warranty offers the first month of service for free if you purchase a single payment warranty plan. The company's reviews are positive and indicate quality customer service and consumer satisfaction.

We highly recommend considering AHW Home Warranty as your home warranty provider with everything it has to offer homeowners.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

3.7

lalo Corral Arlington, TX

Bough it for my 88yr old mother. When he ac went out. They sent two different techs to fix. Both wanted to install new units. They didn't test at compressor. So company made up story that condenser was shorted to ground. Two call in cost $150. They didn't fix. Ended up being connectors loose at compressor. Bought a kit and repaired. Still working. Save your money. Go with anyone else.

Paul Jackson Fort Worth, TX

Amazon Home Warranty service is not good at all. When you make a claim, a contractor is emailed to you, and that's the end of it. You need to call the contractor and explain the problem, without ANY idea of weather it's covered or not. I've been stung 3 different times for uncovered parts on items that I'm paying coverage for. I have a spa, and it is tripping the breaker, so that was what the original call was for. It's not the breaker, bur the spa control system, "we'll sorry we don't cover that" was the answer. NOWHERE on their website does it list what's covered and what is not. Customer service consist of overseas representatives trying to understand you, while talking right over you. When you call them back for updates to your claim, most of the time they have trouble even finding it. It's a very poorly run service department.

Dee Henderson Virginia Beach, VA

Horrible customer service. Fraudulent company. Liars and cheats! Took our money and NEVER responded to our request for service. Called everyday. Each time we were told they couldn't find a service contractor in our area.

1 day ago

Manny Lujan Kyle, TX

Beware!!!! It was determined by our in house technicians that your AC Unit claim is not subject to coverage due to a rusted and corroded evaporator coil, which can create pinhole leaks leading to leaking refrigerant and a loss of cooling power. With low refrigerant levels, the condenser works harder than it’s meant to, creating additional problems, which can lead to a complete breakdown, adherent to Section V.1.A of the Residential Service Agreement

Anthony Robertson Plano, TX

Hello I have been a customer with AHW for approx. two years, and I have never filed a claim. Well in the hot summer in the desert, my havoc with out. I called them to have it fix, the Tech came out and said my unit needs to be replaced, So the Tech took pictures and sent them to AHW. you have to remember it's in the deserts hit gets very hot. I bought this plan just so if my AC needed some repairs I would have converge. I was told that since my unit had rust and corrosion on , they will not cover it. This is regular ware and tear. I live in the desert. the unit is 15 years old, when I bought the plan they didn't ask me how old is my unit, I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told there was not one on duty. Every company have a supervisor on duty. What ever you do don't buy from Amazon Home Warranty. It is a reap off. I paid $48. 00 for two years and they will not cover my air condition. stay away stay away ASR from Tucson

HonestPOV Austin, TX

Don't waste your time or energy with Amazon Home Warranty. So many red flags. When I create a claim, I don't hear from the service vendor and have to call the service vendor. Then I have to email AHW if the service vendors shows or not, and more than half the time there have been no shows by the service vendor. We recently had a claim with our ice maker and it was denied due to lack of maintenance on our part. When we called the service vendor, we were informed that there was no way we could have done any maintenance. We refused the claim and then they changed denied status to manufacturer defect. The worst part is the lack of respect - they just steamroll the conversation and don't let you talk. You can't speak to manager, but one will call you back. Problem is if you aren't available then they leave a message without an extension and then you left in a cycle of calling back and waiting to receive another random call from a manager. I've finally had enough and when I asked to cancel, I was told that I would be given a call back! Just save your money and your time - find another company.

J.O. McNeil Red Oak, TX

Amazon Home Warranty charges a service fee for items that they do not even cover. At this time, I have a house with no AC for over a week now. The repairman and tenant have not been able to reach Amazon after hours. When the repairman finally was able to speak to someone from Amazon, he was instructed to have me pay in full for all repairs and submit a claim for reimbursement. I called Amazon during business hours to further discuss about the AC claim that was initiated. I was transferred to another line and put on hold indefinitely. When I was able to get through again, I asked to speak to management and was told that they have to fill out a form and someone would contact me at an established time. The return call never occurred. I will be contacting the BBB.

OV YachtClub Mesa, AZ

Bad No communication, impossible to deal with call center agents in another country, no one will take responsibility for their mistakes, shuttling customers between contractors, contractors refusing to accept claim because (in their own words) "Amazon doesn't pay their bills". I've had an open claim with them for over 3 weeks w/o any resolution. Don't believe their website, it's all lies; they are currently being sued by the AZ attorney general for fraud Do not, I repeat: Do NOT be fooled by their prices or coverages

Daniel Gonzagowski Denver, CO

Absolutely terrible. They have failed to actually fix anything and have only allowed the techs they send to do the bare minimum. No service call we've had has been fixed correctly. The most current one was denied because I plugged a hole with fiber tape that was leaking water after nearly 2 months of not having a washer. They said that the washer was misused and repair was made, by plugging a hole... I didn't do anything to the actual washer. They have lost accreditation with the BBB and there is a class action against them.

Esmail Ashton, MD

They respond too late and their tech are useless, for example he comes in cannot diagnose the problem says the unit has to be change take the money and claim was denied. My own tech comes and fix the unit and finds the problem I asked the we know the problem come and fix it they say this is new claim this happen to me three times.

Linda Ash Kansas City, MO

It’s apparent they do not have a wide range of contractors! My washer went out and kept calling a contractor asking him to come fix it! Contractor told me he has told them several times! I have no heat right now going on second day of no heat after filing a claim! Called 3 times to complain and every time they said they would escalate it! Apparently this is not urgent to them! Also they don’t realize that going without heat could burst my pipes then I would be in another situation where it’s not considered urgent to them! I had another warranty company where a contractor was notified that day! Worst company!

Jerry Fuller Van Buren, AR

Im a vendor trying to collect payment for authorized repairs from AHW for over 6 months. Did work in good faith and now fighting to get paid, if this is how they treat their vendors how do you think they will treat customers? and do you really want to do business with company like this?

Merk Houston, TX

Terrible company. Claims are resolved very slowly; communication between the repair technician and AHW takes, at a minimum day, and, in one case, weeks. It's impossible to reach a supervisor without a call back, which takes days. If you miss a call back, you hafe to start the process all over again. Don't believe the sales hype you get handed. The company seems built on wearing-down the consumer so it won't have to pay claims.

Lorrie Kruse Montgomery, AL

Don't buy this. I prepaid until Jan 2023. I found out today that they made an "executive decision" to cancel my policy and WONT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. They are STEALING about $700 from me. I have not filed claims that exceed my 3 years of premiums. HOW DO YOU CANCEL AND NOT OWE THE CUSTOMER FOR THE UNUSED PART OF THE CONTRACT. I will post this EVERYWHERE. DONT BUY IT. They dont severe 1 star.

Linda Harris Decatur, GA

I recently cancer my contract with them that was a $30 early cancellation fee and then they try to get $200 out of my account and went back and tried to get $337 out and the last time I spoke with them which was August 2021 they said I was in collection because I owed $18 and no one could tell me why so if you cancel please watch your account closely

John Glasco Tomball, TX

Completely dishonest company from the start! They work very hard at not providing solutions to your home issues. This company only takes your money and finds every way possible to not resolve your issue. Please beware of their dishonest practices. They avoid answering questions. I feel completely like they have take my money for an entire year without providing any service requested. Absolutely horrible and they prey on home owners! I caution anyone I can to stay away from this company!

Kaye L DeHart Fort Worth, TX

Dispatch does not listen to person who takes claim first. I asked for a specific tech - just 10 minutes away - I alerted him. Then get an e-mail from you that some tech one hour or more away has been assigned. Still no response for my request.

Andrew Sloan Marietta, GA

**AVOID AT AT ALL COST*** LESS THAN 1 STAR 1. Poor customer service, including no communication 2. Do everything in their power to refuse service and not cover repairs 3. Very expensive compared to other service companies 4. If you call to cancel your account, they will not- keep randomly billing you putting your account in arrears. When you call to work it out they just say well we never heard from you (or you never spoke to the cancellation department specifically) we'll waive the $30 fee but you owe a balance were sending to collections. SHould have read your contract.... **Buyer BEWARE INSTRUCTIONS TO CANCEL ARE IN THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT AND IF YOU DONT REMEMBER AND FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY CORRECT AND ASK FOR ALL THE RIGHT PEOPLE WHEN YOU CALL... YOU TOO WILL BE HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY**

John Whitehead Mandeville, LA

NOT a trustworthy company. I submitted a claim for a dishwasher. A repair person was contacted and the problem was identified. I was informed by AHW that the dishwasher was not economical to repair and they offered an amount to "buy out" the dishwasher. Not enough to replace the dishwasher and certainly not enough to have it installed. I asked how they determined it was not repairable and they said the repair company told them that. I called the repair company and they assured me the dishwasher is repairable and that AHW had lied to me. They lied. That alone should prevent anyone from using this firm. I now have a dishwasher that doesn't work and not enough money to replace it.

A. Li Hockessin, DE

This company is a SCAM! Be careful giving your credit card info to their sales person on the phone. When I purchased the home warranty the sales person told me this card doesn't work and ask me to give him another card to use. I did. If you don't check you credit card transactions you would never find he charged twice by using two cards.! But I did find that out. So I called and questioned him. He said he will fix everything for you. But he did nothing after multiple calls. When I called the company and I realized that the company do things the same manner as the sales person does. They do nothing to correct their error but let the time pass. After multiple phone calls with no results I decided to call the company to cancel my contracts before I using any of their services(I bought for multiple properties). But later they don't admit you called for the cancelation. They don't send you any cancelation confirmations. They are holding up total over $2000 of my payments. Please STAY AWAY STAY AWAY from this company. They STEAL your money. The sales person Steven even said to me on the phone this company are going to cooperate with Amazon! What a trick!

Penny Cacoulidis Lake Jackson, TX

If they do not answer their phones how can they provide service I have been on hold 1 hour. They took my money sent day of closing 9 Aug and did not tell 30 day grace no policy rude people and 21 Sep is start date.

Bobbi Stevenson Las Vegas, NV

It seems every time I request any type of service most of the time they found a way to say it's not covered they don't fix that and you're on your own

Lisa Amarillo, TX

Worst home warranty company on the market! They do not honor their contract. I experienced a water leak from around my hot water heater the denied it stating leaks were not covered. My contract does not state anywhere that leaks are not covered. This company is a scam, save your money and go with a reputable company!

Marcia Lewis Stockbridge, GA

I spoke with Steve on 7/26/21 at approximately 4:00pm requested for a warranty paid the $48.00. Called to cancel after reading the reviews and decided to cancel I spoke with Steve he said since it was pending no funds would be taken out. I checked my bank account on the following day (07/27/21) funds were taken out. 07/27/[email protected] 12:39pm called back funds were taken out my account and they to refund my money. Spoke with Carolyn from Amazon Home Warranty. A refund was issued will take 7-10 days business days. Tried to call Steve he’s not picking up. I want my refund please

Terry McClary Royal Oak, MI

Watch your credit card close with these people! I bought a year of service on 5/18/21 with 3 equal installments of $252.33, my card was charged. 2 days later I thought better & canceled. 2 days later money back on card. On 6/18/21, 6/19/21, & 7/18/21 my card continues to be charged for a service I canceled. When I call them about it I'm told that they don't show any charges and can do nothing about it.

Michelle White Gilbert, AZ

If I could leave zero stars I would. I have been without A/C in Arizona for 10 days... they don't like the diagnosis from one technician they want to send another one to give me the answer they want to hear so they can refuse payment... You can never speak to anyone, only a customer service representative who has no answers and your on hold for longer than 20 mins. They are the worst company to deal with.. don't waste your money..

E. Kim Coppell, TX

They send a technician who doesn’t have a clue for the problem. Also technician changed appointments so many times and didn't show up without notifying. Wrong diagnosis of the problem and they make us pay out of pocket to the technician. Technician was unprofessional.

Caprice Swilley Orlando, FL

It takes Amazon forever to send a company out. The company never fixed my sink even after the came out they say they have to get with Amazon and it’s been 3 more days and I haven’t heard from either one of the called Amazon they said someone will get in touch with me and that’s been three days ago

AY Perlstein Portland, OR

They ran after me to sign up, promised me the world and didn’t deliver at all. They don’t have contractors in my area, the ones they got in touch with were horrible. Some claims I made went unaddressed because they couldn’t find a technician. When I went to cancel they bullied me into staying with them for the year, promising me they’d cancel the contract at the end of the year. When the year was up, they continued to charge me and then were so nasty to me when I called to cancel and how dare I request a refund from the months they said they would not charge me for. AHW is an absolute waste of money and they are from my perspective thieves. They take more then they give and provide the worst customer service and for that manner at times no service for what you’re paying for. Glad I got out, glad I switched!!

Kathy Azarpour Las Vegas, NV

I purchased home warranty through this company in December 2020. This past week we had an issue with garbage disposal. When I called in the claim the call goes overseas, I was told everything gets handled inland. Then I am being drilled as to how many days ago this unit was working, which is irrelevant. I told the coordinator this unit is leaking, I am told need to wait 24 to 48 hours before dispatch will assign someone. Now the person assigned shows up at the wrong address. 4 days has gone since my correspondence with the company. NO ONE has come back to replace this disposal. I call the company on Saturday, come to find out they keep bankers hours. Monday through Friday and I need to call back on MONDAY. Called the company they assigned, they also have bankers hours Monday through Friday. I really would like to know how can I get any service, if I had a water heater, plumbing, AC which could be an emergency.... How can a company operate this way knowing you sell home warranty and your customer have no access to you... If I could give less than the zero I would.

Alex Azhand Alexandria, VA

I highly recommend everyone to stay away from this company. Regretfully I signed up an agreement with them in Feb. 2021. I never used their services. I was told you cant even use any service until your 30 days passed. I called them two weeks ago and requested for cancellation because I sold the house and buying a new house. I was told that my refund is $339 but they did not process my refund until today and when I called them I was told that my refund is ~$280. I do highly recommend anyway to stay away from them. I have the recordings of the conversation if you care to listen and learn who are you going to deal with. They are bunch of unprofessionals whose goal is to rip off their customers

Lisa El-Ghirani Indianapolis, IN

Amazon Home Warranty has very unconcerned reps. When I had an electrical issue they tried 3 times to send an electrician, but 3 different companies declined to come out for them. I ended up having to secure my own electrician through Mr Quik and pay out of pocket up front. My initial call to AHW for this issue was on 3/24/21. It is now 6/16/21; I have yet to be reimbursed (short my deductible) and have been told multiple times my check will be sent in the next 10-14 business days. This warranty company will not be getting another $575 at the end of this contract. Waste of money and huge waste of time.

Mr. Crane Absecon, NJ

If no stars were an option they would get it. I filed several complaints through the BBB. Check their rating there first. I was told I could not cancel the policy twice and then given the runaround. Horrible people and liars all. Sounds great and would be if they delivered on a single promise. I was charged a service call and my washer was not repaired they said it was preexisting... If that's the case then they should tell me in advance what was going to be covered or not. STUFF BREAKS. That's why I purchased the warranty. It has cost me $00 plus the cost to repair the items myself ridiculous...

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Mr. Crane, i apologize for the frustration and misunderstanding. Pleas provide me with your claim number or policy number so that i can further assist and do my best to correct this situation for you.

Jun. 14th, 2021

ps kar Frankfort, KY

!!!!Worst experience!!!!. These guys don't pay for your services, they will say something else is the fault. The customer service is really worst, the rep who spoke to me is very rude and told they will not cover. I had service calls for AC and Microwave and both they rejected. AC is just a freon issue and they said it's a multi component failure. Microwave issue with megatorn and they are blaming the door and saying they wont cover it. When I asked them to cancel the policy they said I wont get anything back. they are saying they paid 215$ for tech to come and look at it. How stupid is this. I never recommend this to any one.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

I apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

Tony Astro Virginia Beach, VA

I don't even know how to begin. This company is the worst. I reported my fridge that needs compressor per technician in April 28 and today is may 24. I have log over 8 total hours in span of 18 phone calls. Just today, May 24 U started at 1:55pm. Now it 4:23 pm I called and talked to 5 supervisors: Jabari, then phone suddenly disappeared no return calls same from the following supervisors just for today: Naomi (spoke to her 4 times in almost 4 weeks), Tyler, Stacey and not Devlin. Their technician is the worst. I gave them a pass from last year when it took 3 weeks we don't have a heater. It is NOT WORTH IT. Now it is 4:26pm. We were talking about cancelling the plan and will not even contact for cancellation.

Dominique Crawford Concord, NC

This company does nothing but steal your money! They do not cover any repairs! My dryer broke and they are refusing to replace it even when the contract repair company is telling them it needs to be replaced! But, they are refusing because the contract company cannot identify the issue. The staff at this company doesn't care about their customers. They say that a manager will return a call but they don't. After calling multiple times they still refuse to replace my dryer and are telling me that I can pay $65 for a second opinion for someone to try to identify the problem so that they can replace it. They refuse to give you back your money if you want to cancel. They just dont care and steal your money!

TexasVet Mansfield, TX

I have had home warranty coverage with Amazon Home Warranty for approximately 3 years and I believe I may have used the warranty maybe twice. My Maytag Dryer became inoperable displaying a F01 error code. They sent out a service provider who did not even touch the dryer, They had me give them the serial number, model number, etc. I called today for an update only to find out that they want to offer a payout versus repairing the dryer. The offer is less than half of the cost to replace the dryer with comparable features. According to the representative they have a right to offer replacement at a cost that could be lower than the actual replacement cost.

Ernest T.

Horrible Service! I put in a claim for my hot water heater and they denied it because they said one thing voided the work that could have been done on my unit. I asked to speak with a manager and it took 6 days for one to call me back. When talking to the manager they were getting mad and upset with me for questioning why my claim was denied. I emailed a dispute for my claim and I was told by the manager that she decided that my dispute was over. I asked for a copy of what is and isn't covered and never got that information. Overall, the service hasn't been good and I will not be renewing with them next year. Find a home warranty company that will actually do the work that is needed and not try to find excusses to why they will deny your claim.

Unsatisfied Customer La Porte, IN

Been over 2 weeeks I submitted a claim on a refrigerator that stopped cooling, and I had to go and hire somebody and pay for it myself. They also try everything possible to not cover the fix trying to label everything even functional parts such as the cooler control panel as a wear and tear item. Their claims managers will only speak with the technician and it gets shady once they start talking to them asking them to remove them off speaker to ensure the customer does not hear everything so they can try to not cover the cost of the repair. Been having to eat out for over 2 weeks now and Amazon simply does not care.

Not important Opelousas, LA

If I could give them less than one start, I certainly would. We signed up for a policy and our very first claim when the air conditioning stopped cooling was denied. We were told by the technician that a part needed to be replaced, but then AHW called to say the unit has rust or corrosion on the inside and had not been properly maintained. It is a waste of time, energy and money. We've had technicians servicing our unit for the past 10 years. How were we supposed to know that there was rust or corrosion inside? The money I've wasted on this warranty program, I could have had to purchase and pay for the parts and labor to have my unit fixed. Steer clear. It also took over a week to have a technician come out after filing the claim (in the middle of a Southern summer) and then another week and a half to hear that the claim has been denied.

P G

DO NOT RECOMMEND!! BEWARE!! I chose the "COMBO" plan for the extended coverage. $500/year. If I didn't expect my aging systems and appliance to begin failing at some point, there would be no need for a home warranty! So far they have denied all my claims as "preexisting". Their website claim filing tool is useless. At first when I called to file a claim, they NEVER answered the phone. A few weeks later and I finally get to speak to someone who State's "I do not understand why your claim status is the way it is, I will have a claims specialist call you within 24-48 hours. ". Well, they never called. I've been through this three times with them so far, meanwhile I have a dead refrigerator which failed 13 days into my contract and apparently has an additional UNPUBLISHED 14 day waiting period which IS NOT stated in my contract. A/C stopped cooling. Tried to file claim online. Made 4 entries, ALL WERE DENIED UPFRONT AS PREEXISTING. Called to file over the phone and got the standard " a technician will contact you within 24-48 hours" response from AHW, and the technician NEVER calls. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME ON AHW!!! If I had all new appliances, and didn't expect them to begin to fail at some point, I would not need a home warranty, yet AHW continues to deny claims (on different appliances) as "preexisting. "

Freda Jones Olathe, KS

I have a barely used dishwasher still brand new that broke a week after my warranty started. The review supervisor Gary H called me and said my claim could will not be filed because it's 1 week into my contract and it's not valid. He also lied about my report to the claim rep and stated I told him it happened a week ago . I purchased my warranty may 5th . My contract states my warranty begins june 6th. My birthday party was June 7th. June 8th the dishwasher broke and would not stop washing. He told me my appliance was not covered and hung up. I made several attempts to call him back but has been place on hold then back into rotation as a new caller. This company is not worth it.

Asha and Wesley Graves. Plano, TX

If I could give you a ZERO, I would. You are a rip off. We left our previous home warranty company of 6 years because you offered a "little" bit more service at the same rate we were previously paying. Your account Rep, Jeff, waived the 30 day after proof that our policy with our home warranty company was expiring in a few days. Unfortunately, 11 days into our policy, the motor in our upstairs Carrier A/C unit stopped working. Your authorization department denied repairs because of "known and unknown pre-existing conditions!" It was a motor on an 8-year old unit. The service contractor verified it stopped working due to normal wear and tear. However, your authorization department went against the service contractor and based their decision on the "in-house"HVAC technicians you hire. And their basis for denial was wrong. We contacted Carrier and even they said, they no-longer carry the part because it is outdated and they are expected to have an end of life around this time frame. So we paid out of pocket $786 to have our A/C repaired. Your managers are incompetent and ill-prepared to service a customer nor was Mr. Gary O capable of deescalating the situation. He was wrong and clearly basing his response on whatever training manual he had in front of him. He did not care to see the logic in what my husband and I explained. I have a policy that says 5-18 -20 as my service date which came from AHW. Yet, online someone changed the service date to 6-18-20 to justify the 30 day policy that, mind you, was waived. But that's all he could hold on to. I have sent several letters and am elevating this to the mediation department. I will end my policy and return to my previous company who we have had since it was turned over from the builder. No complaints. They paid the three claims we filed without lying and stealing our money. They even identified one claim was an error due to the builder and they still paid the claim. I will never recommend your service and this will be shared with other consumers. You confirm what every Financial Advisor says.... "Home Warranty Companies ARE SCAMMERS." If I can pay for it on my own, who needs this type of service!!

Salar

SCAM COMPANY. Do not never west your time and energy with this scam people, I had a Pipe issue I called after a month and half of the contract was signed and they told me you are not covered, as they said the first month they will not cover because it is consider just a test and give me a chance to cancel my policy even if I have already paid for that. And the other 2 weeks are to short to cover my pipe and that is preexist issue, I DO NOT UNDER STAND HOW CAN I KEEP THE WATER LEAKING FOR 2 WEEKS IN MY HOME. However they said that after they sent the plumber and charged me $60 to just investigate he is not allowed to fix it, I do not understand why they sent someone if they know they will not cover, anyways I had to fix it by my self by buying plumbing paste only $2.50 and so far so good it has been six months now, I will never advise anyone to wasted his time and money.

J.O. McNeil Phoenix, AZ

My A/C went out in the Valley of the Sun! On a Friday night. AHW will not answer their phones until Tuesday! Monday is a holiday. They have no emergency number!

Nagsen Meshram Cary, NC

Run away from this company as far as possible. They will find every excuse to deny your claim and it doesn't really matter to them how urgent the situation is, they will just tell you to wait for 3 business days.

Robert Brown Pleasant Grove, UT

Poor service. Took money out of my account without my approval. Take your money, are slow to respond to service request, then look for ways to deny claim.

anjum Hussaini Willowbrook, IL

I have warranty for AC unit w full replacement if not able to repair per contract. Ac compressor needed to be replaced so technician recommended to replace the unit and they are refusing to pay for the unit saying that it was secondary to poor maintenance. Our unit is well maintained, have clean and check done it regularly each season. They are a scam, don’t get it

Zach Buford, GA

Do not choose AHW for home warranty, they are not responsive, don't follow-up with contractors who disappear with your money. We paid two technicians and the first "stopped working with them" so we are out that money despite a fix being approved. The next contract, that we paid as well, was told they would buy us out, they denied any fix. We are now submitting a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Zack, We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

Tim Darnell Prairie Grove, AR

If I could rate a zero I would. We have this on our current home and home we sold. They have never fulfilled service calls, do not buy. They keep blaming it on service personnel. They don't communicate within the company and do not keep their word about finding service. They have called me 4 weeks after placing a service call to say they are still looking then the next week say they can not find anyone to do the service.