AHW Home Warranty

6.7

Paul r Newark, NJ

This company is full of liars and charlatans. Denied my claim even when I read them the contract line by line of covered parts. My heater broke and parts are covered but denied the claim entirely because one of the parts is on the not covered list for a different appliance. Do yourself a favor and any money you were gong to send this company burn it. At least then you get the satisfaction of fire for 30 seconds, it will be money better spent than sending it here.

Taylor Hayes, VA

I had amazon home warranty and the first time I had a claim it was declined b/c they determined the condition of the appliance had a preexisting condition. The appliance was a microwave oven, 12 yrs oid, and it stopped working properly. The reason for a warranty in the first place is to protect older appliances. Stay away from this company, they DONOT stand by their word.

M Abe Casa Grande, AZ

I just signed up, the process was painless and hopefully I will not have to use the policy, but it's nice to have peace of mind if I need to.

TONY H.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I CALLED THEM 5 TIMES TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT PRIOR TO ONE MONTH SINCE I STARTED, HOWEVER THEY KEPT PUTTING ME ON HOLD AND NO ONE ANSWERED. WHEN I CALLED BACK TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS, THE LADY ON THE PHONE SAID 'THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS, TOO BAD, TOO SAD'.

Linda Anglen

Their service when in need is terrific. Thank you for being a dependable company that stands by their word.

Trina Espadron

AHW Contractor came out for service call. Did not put dryer back together and reported wrong diagnosis. I hired independent contractor for 2nd opinion. He found that AHM contractor did not properly put dryer back together and AHM now tells me that they are not responsible and will not honor claim.

Rachael Johnson Las Vegas, NV

I signed up for amazon home warranty was told there was a waiting period and then I’ve never heard a word from you since! You took my money and never sent any communications on the program. Nothing ? Am I even active? How would I issue a service request? Who knows because you sent me no emails, no mailer packets, nothing!!!

Nahla Missouri City, TX

Terrible customer service. I have had to hire someone and pay out of pocket for the third time now because of the lack of communication and delays with warranty company. I will be cancelling all 3 contracts I have with them today.

Yasemin Yucel Madison, AL

Bad customer service. Takes day of calling trying to reach someone with 25 minutes wait time. Takes 2 weeks to schedule a service. They always find a reason not to pay. Horrible home warranty service. Stay away!!! I think I just waisted my money!

Kevin T. Hill Peoria, IL

I submitted a claim about my central air. I hadn't used it since last September. When I turned it on the pipes outdoors began to I've over and the unit would not cool. They processed and dried my claim without notifying me or sending a serviceman to check the unit.

Nicole Sappington Pardeeville, WI

They lied and are a terrible company!! We had an issue with our microwave and they wouldn’t send anyone to look at it. Instead offered $95 towards a new microwave which btw cost $250 and up. I called and asked about that exact situation as a new customer and was told oh no we wouldn’t do that. Liars!!

Sharon Jaques Elkridge, MD

I research the plans and they were really good and covered everything that I needed for a resonable price.

Bernadette Behrend Norcross, GA

refused to help me when washing machine leaked, causing water to flood every where. they said I was only 9 days into contract and this would not be covered. So they are ok with accepting my payments but not willing to fulfill their end of the contract.

Cindy

After purchasing the warranty it seems they won't cover many malfunctions saying they are preexisting conditions. Unless you buy a brand new house, everything could be considered preexisting. Second big problem...getting through to customer service...like an hour wait on the phone.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Dear Cindy, When a customer submits several claims shortly after their policy goes into affect, is a clear indication of a preexisting condition. The home warranty is intended to protect you from unexpected home repairs that occur after you purchase the policy. We are aware of the longer than normal hold times our customers are experiencing. Due to the current pandemic we are short staffed and completely working remotely. We are however, fully operational and helping our customers as quickly as possible considering the challenges while dealing with COVID-19 shutdowns. Thank you for understanding, we look forward in assisting you in the future. Thank You AHW Team

May. 22nd, 2020

Jay

Ive only been with them for a month and i havent had to use them. But as far as the customer service goes,it was good!

Rebekah Zerbe

Very fast and speak English. Steve was amazing and the price is good. Also referred my mom and got a free month

Leticia Carrillo

I purchased a home warranty and have left messages and emails with the agent that dood it to me to call me. I'm tryin mg to make sure the warranty starts when my old one ends with AHS. He called me like crazy to sell it, but has not returned my calls.

Kristyn Ovalo, TX

Customer service is not friendly!! I was just told my problems were nothing compared to others. You have no right to say that to anyone! You do not know my problems! I will not be renewing service with Amazon Home Warranty again

Anita Goff Tulsa, OK

Because every time I call I have to call again to see when are they going to send someone out I have been waiting for a plumber for 3 weeks and still have not gotten service yet

Patricia Kelly Ashburn, VA

Great customer service quick responses very friendly employees on phone. Good selection of service contractors

Cliff Clayman

They denied my claim due to a pre-existing condition even though I had to wait through a 30 day period to eliminate pre-existing conditions. Their customer service is some of the worse I have ever received. They are extremely rude and do not care about their customers.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Cliff submitted 2 claims within weeks of his policy activating. As a sign of good faith we successfully covered the claim on his washing machine but denied his 2nd claim for his dishwasher, as it was a pre-existing condition which is clearly not covered under our agreement. However, AHW offered customer $350 as a sign of good will.

Mar. 25th, 2020

Jeni Sutton Phoenix, AZ

You cannot get a straight answer. Every time you call you get a different answer. You can never get a supervisor it is always I can have a manager call you back and the never happens.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Jeni, our customers have recently been experiencing longer than normal hold times due to Covid-19. We continue to work diligently in providing the best customer satisfaction that we can possibly offer during these difficult times. Please call our customer support number at 888-934-0001 and someone will be happy to assist. Thank you, Amazon Home Warranty

Mar. 26th, 2020

Ronald Moore Middletown, OH

Prompt response to our problem. Repair took longer than I wanted but they had to order the parts... Sad

Laura

Excellent customer service, and very professional. They fixed my fridge and the technician came out right away.

David Kleimola Ada, OH

I would give them ZERO stars if I was able. They are a rip-off company. Will promise you anything and deliver on nothing. Read the FINE PRINT on the contract before signing up with them. I've made 2 service requests in the past year and they WILL NOT cover anything. The latest is a water heater issue. They sent out a service tech who sat in his vehicle for over an hour to hear back from AHW. The leak was at the drain valve which occurred after during regular maintenance. They do not cover leaks in water heaters. I am FIRING them at the end of the contract period. After the first request and turn down, they offered my $100 not to terminate the contract. DO NOT HIRE THIS COMPANY. They ARE NOT accredited through the BBB.

Ash Kansas City, MO

AMAZON HOME WARRANTY. ..... DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR TRAP. WORST HOME WARRANTY COMPANY EVER. AHW is a FRAUD company. DO NOT give them your credit card information over the phone. We signed TWO contracts with them (2019.....4 / 2020....93).The sales rep took all our CC information (including security code). On both the CC there were fraudulent charges made on the exact same day, same location where the Sales Rep was calling from. This was just the start of the PAIN before we realized in the next three-six months into the contract. In the next six months we have two service calls for Plumbing & WaterHeater. AHW could not find technician for both the issues and we were asked to go find tech on our own. This was after the fact that we had to follow twice on finding the status of service request. After gong through and spending time, money, efforts and finally sending over the claims to ([email protected]) there was no action/response for over 4 days. The painful process did not end at declining the claim but even for CANCELLATION of the contract. Poorest network of technicians. They do not have system to PRIORITIZE service requests or for URGENT Issues. You will never be connected to cancellation manager or agent. Policy says "AHW" will call in 72 hours to take your cancellation request. They Charge $30 for cancellation for each policy. Long story short. STAY AWAY. WORST HOME WARRANTY COMPANY EVER. Our Location : Midwest USA. MO/KS.

Midwestlady Rhome, TX

Signed up in July 2020 and the 1st time I went to use it they denied me service just to come out and look at the AC unit (that pipe deal was leaking) and that means it needs to be serviced. I tried to sign up for service on-line and it said that I already had this serviced and declined me. Then I called and it took a long time to explain to the lady that I had NEVER used them before and that I just signed up with them. Then they told me it would be several days before they would be able to set up the appointment. I needed the air to work because I was having a small get together for my daughters graduation so I had to call out the AC company myself and paid them directly to fix it. I e-mailed to cancel the Amazon Home Warranty, called the guy that set me up and told him to contact me because I needed to cancel and left a detailed message. They say that have a 30 day grace period but charged me for a service that I canceled in July until September! Now, correct me if I am wrong but isn't that OVER 30 days? Now I am going back and forth with them about getting my money back. Single mom and working hard, followed their procedures and they still won't give me the money back. Big company against me. Wow! Do not sign up with them. They are NOT good. This is not like the regular Amazon that we order from. They are not one in the same. Look it up. BEWARE!!!!

Debbie Milford, MA

We had sighed up for 3 years in the first year our heater went out. They said they were sending someone out the very first company did not even call us so they were sending out another they did show up they said they knew what was wrong and had to get parts. I paid our fee and they never came back I called no response I called Amazon and was told they would take care of it. No response from the ones who came out so they sent another company he showed up kind of figured out the problem I told him Amazon was going to pay our fee because I already paid. He left saying he had to get authorization and parts. He never came back I waited a couple of weeks called Amazon again now they had noted all of the problems they assured me they would get someone weeks later they found someone but when I went to setup the appointment they said I would have to pay for the visit and any parts because Amazon was not paying them so I would have to be renbursed by Amazon. Now the call was $145 plus the repair. I declined and contacted Amazon they said since they could not find someone that they could send out I could find someone and pay for it they had to first submit a bid before Amazon would agree to pay. Well after all of this spread out over 5-6 months I said no more and ask for a refund. They agreed to the refund minus $450. Because that was the prorated amount. I said but you never lived up to your part in getting me a repair done. Sorry but that’s the way we do it. This was so stressful because every time they sent me a company it took me weeks to get them to return my call. NEVER WOULD US THEM AGAIN.

unsatisfied Austin, TX

If I could give AHW zero stars I would! I tried to cancel this policy for two months, calling and calling and they would always confirm that it was cancel and then they would withdraw my account. Such a headache- I called again today and they are telling me that there is a $30 fee to cancel... like what I thought I didn't have a contract SMH this people are thieves!! Today I spoke to a manager VERY RUDY and she said that she had stopped the bank drafts and cancelled the policy -- I am praying that this was done this time. STAY AWAY from this company. The service and contractors they use are horrible as well.

Alex Valencia Lexington Park, MD

My experience was terrible. Called for a minor fridge water dispenser line acting up. Took them forever to send a tech because their system kept assigning HVAC company instead of Appliance repair. This happened 4 times before a tech finally came. When he finally came he didn't even check what was actually wrong. Instead he replaced the water filter and caused a leak. Because he put that there was a leak during changing the filter AHW said that wasn't covered. The leak was caused by the tech. It never leaked. Too much of a headache for a minor first claim. Canceled them after such a painful process. God forbid something major breaks and it takes months to fix an emergency like heating or Air Cond. Everytime I called they said I would get called back in 1-2 days but they NEVER called. I had to call to follow up Everytime.

Patrice Dunlap Orlando, FL

I wish that I could give AHW -10 stars. The service was horrible. I called to report an issue with a leak under my sink and no one showed up for a week. I had to notify AHW they couldn't find my initial claim and their technician was a no show. Another technician finally scheduled an appointment to arrive at my house to look at my sink he didn't arrive on the date scheduled. Which resulted in more missed hours of work. When he finally arrived, he wasn't sure how the billing and the approval process worked. I waited another 2 weeks for a disposal to arrive. The technician made an appointment to install the new disposal, and again, he didn't show up when scheduled. I called AHW to cancel my service plan and they did not mention that I will be charged for my service call if i cancel my contract early. I would never recommend this company to anyone. RUN!

T A New York, NY

Was told by salesman that coyld make claims on any appliance after initial 30 days. Plus was only month to month and could cancel at any time. Made claim and was refused. Told by support staff that they expected all equipment to be in excelent condtion day one and they dont expect claims for several months after policy active. Great if one could perdict when an appliance might die, want to buy stock in those predictions. Also spoke with two managers with NO help. Told them I wanted to cancel policy and was told you have to pay administation fee to cancel. NO refunds on policy. Still have not had it canceled after several days. Also when I sent several emails over a week to get assistance was told these were treats to them. They never answer phone, you have to leave message and wait for call back. I have dealt with other home warranties as a A&E Appliance serviceman until I retired and would give AHW a -5 stars if possible.

Mario G Cranbury, NJ

After 30 days of waiting period, I submitted a claim which was rejected without investigating it. the said that 1 week is not enough for a garage door to fail and they ignored that I paid already for a month prior that week. I got a local technician and it was an easy fix that costed me less than $100 and parts needed to be changed. the bottom line they did not investigate the claim at all and when I asked their agent what is the reasonable time for any system or appliance to fail he refused to answer. he only said it is not expected to do so soon. I guess they want me to pay for 6 months or more without using the warranty before i submit a claim which may or may not approved. Note they don't cover most of the stuff you will need Like boiler tanks, stoppages and clogs in drain and sewer lines that cannot be cleared by cable or caused by root invasion; caused by foreign objects such as, but not limited to, sanitary wipes, toys, bottle caps, etc.; bath tubs; toilet lids and seats; sinks; faucets and fixtures and much more. Most of the stuff expected to fail are not covered. I am canceling it today after paying for 2 months for nothing in return.

V Woods Basking Ridge, NJ

Thanks for contacting me regarding my home warranted expiration I am happy to know if I should require a repair on an appliance I’m covered under your plan.

Nagesh Naik New York, NY

I just brought Amazon Home Warranty. Kenneth P helped me with the whole process. He took time and effort to explain me with the policies and making me comfortable.

Dawn Fort Smith, AR

We just purchased the Amazon Home Warranty after researching and comparing other plans. We feel this is the best choice available and are happy with our decision. Steve offered several plans and options to choose from.

Petr Sviton Birmingham, MI

I chose Amazon years ago. Every interaction is through the website to put in claims. I get contacted with 24 hours and the service people correct my issues. I am very happy with the service.

Frank Corona III Kenner, LA

Switched from American Home Shield due to taking over 2 months to resolve a broken dryer. Have not had to file a claim yet but so far I am pleased with the customer service I’ve received.

Joshua H Williamsburg, VA

Just started a plan with AHW, so it is a little early to know how the company operates. The salesperson was very eager to get my business and explained all the costs. No issues so far.

Susan Ampudia San Antonio, TX

Great Service! Great Coverage. No extra cost for refrigerant if needed, you can also choose your own technician for a service. I am hoping service will be so much better than what we had before. Thank you!

Prenesta Brooks Savannah, GA

My Agent name was James C he explained my options and cost but I'm still waiting on my update contact I was told that my tech fee to come out will be $65.00 but when he emailed me it stated $10.00 more if not corrected I will stop further payment I take a person's word as their LOYALTY

Don Brunson Long Pond, PA

Amazon Home Warranty sent an Appliance company for the fridge. I did the claim online and AHW' website was easy to use. It took them about two days to send the contractor. It was immediate. Everything is fixed now.

Stanley Olson Salem, UT

There was a leak and something had to be changed or adjusted with the shower faucet. The contractor gave me a heads-up when he was heading over there. Everything worked out well.

Edward Britton King George, VA

We just noticed there was weird water pressure and leaking so we called. The contractor was great. They called right away and got a plumber here the next day and first thing in the morning and then fixed it.

Brenda Hill Bowie, MD

They were very prompt and followed up with me. My dryer stopped heating and they sent a guy out and he fixed it. I like their pricing arrangements especially for senior citizens.

Trevor Pills

I've had them for over three years and so far, I've not had any bad experiences. I've already gotten the response that I needed. They've always taken care of everything. It continues to work.

Diann Manvel, TX

My issue has mainly been the difficulty in reaching customer service, not just for me, but contractors trying to get permission to proceed with repairs. I am forgiving 90%of this complaint to COVID 19 and adjustments that all businesses needed to make. Otherwise, I have been very pleased with the contractors they have sent out.

robin bonner

I purchased an older home and needed to have a good home warranty program. I chose AHW from word of mouth and friends experience. The service has been as advertised. They have fulfilled every service need on a prompt basis.

Alpha Osafo

Aiko Osako Lusby, MD

Great rates for inclusive warranty. Customer service very attentive when you call. Some services assumed and cancelled without a phone call. No complaints as they follow through when the service is incomplete.