AHW Home Warranty

6.7

Marcia Jones Avondale Estates, GA

We are new to Amazon Home warranty and my experience with both the warranty side and customer service side has been good. I've worked with a guy on a few of my issues and he has gone above and beyond to help me fix my issues, including regularly following-up with me. I've already recommended them to my friends.

Jecton Dunn Joelton, TN

The hot water heater in my home stopped working so I found somebody to fix it. I submitted the bill to amazon home warranty and I got reimbursed. They are reliable and any time I've contacted them the person I spoke to was helpful and knowledgeable.

Gia Powell Abernant, AL

The people on the phone that I dealt with were very nice and accommodating. I was irritated when I called in to put in a claim about my oven and the lady I was on the phone with was very patient with me. That’s excellent customer service. So thank you AHW! They also fixed my issue fast.

Ziad Hodge Amherst, OH

The air conditioners at my house were not cooling, literally blowing hot air so I placed a claim. I expressed that this issue was urgent for me because it’s the summer time! Literally within that day they sent their AC Specialist to my house.

Keri Cartwright Luling, LA

I got a flood in my basement due to a plumbing issue. I called AmazonHW to get me a plumber and told them that I needed it ASAP that day. I’m glad the plumber came quick enough to fix the issue because if he didn’t my basement could’ve been a pool and so much more of a headache than it already was.

Louis DaSilva

They’re simple to use and deal with. The techs that they work with were all very professional and helpful. Most recently we were experiencing issues with our dishwasher and we were able to get someone out within twenty four hours to resolve the issue.

Nick Ramos Phoenix, AZ

They have come through for me on most of my claims. The process of getting techs to come help me with my issues is hassle free. I like that because the last company I was with was not as reliable as AHW. The technicians come out fast.

Jazmine Howard Charlotte, NC

AHW quickly assisted me in finding an electrician. I have a newborn and experienced a black out during the night. As you can imagine, I was in freak out mode and needed a fast repair and thankfully AHW was very quick and helpful in finding me the nearest technician.

Matthew Grant Savannah, GA

The customer service with Amazon Home Warranty is fast and efficient. The enrollment was very simple. When I needed service, the repair was scheduled fast and the person they sent out knew exactly what he was doing to get the job done.

Ashtin Almeida Arlington, TX

I have been a customer with Amazon Home Warranty for a couple of months now and every time I have a claim, they have handled it very professionally. Their customer service is excellent in the way they make sure my claims were handled successfully with the technicians on the job.

Savana Ingram Fort Worth, TX

I had two toilets and two outdoor faucets that were not working. I put in the claim and within 24 hrs I had a call from the plumber who was wonderful. He fixed everything within an hour and was professional. Amazon Home Warranty is #1 in my book.

Gary Smith Marietta, GA

Amazon Home Warranty is the best, Sean came over and fixed my refrigerator and it works like a charm, he took his time and figure out what was wrong with it, he also fixed my Dryer, he is a great person to call on. Marietta GA.

Pat Colts Neck, NJ

My AC stopped working yesterday in the heat. I called amazon home warranty and placed my first claim with them. They had a repair man at my house today. He fixed the problem and now I can sleep peaceful tonight. Thank you AHW for being a warranty company that actually comes through!!!!!

William Harper

Eddie M was very courteous and helpful. He gave me a detailed explanation of the plan based upon the current plan we have with another company. He also explained how to start a claim and that he would be our point of contact with any issues.

Jay C. Memphis, TN

Steve was very informative. He confidently answered my questions , made sure I knew exactly what was covered. He made sure everything I wanted was included. The price is great. Saved me over $150 in the premium and $25.00 per claim.

Jerry Warner Robins, GA

Eddie was very courteous and friendly. He gave me a detailed explanation of the different plans that AHW has to offer and also offered a very good discount for being a veteran. He explained how to start a claim and that in 24 hrs we would have someone to fix our issue.

Vince McGuigan Hamilton, OH

Signed up a few weeks ago and dealt with rep. Tim D. He was very thorough, explaining what to expect and when the policy would start, etc... Hoping I will never have to use the policy but gives me peace of mind knowing that I have it.

Carol Skelton Wichita Falls, TX

I have been shopping around. Very courteous. Great prices! Did nt realize Amazon had home warranty till I saw it on Facebook. He covered everything! And he wasn't PUSHY! Adjusted billing for the 31st of each month. No contract, all of it.

John in Texas Fort Worth, TX

I contacted Amazon Home Warranty on June 3, 2019 regarding not having hot water in the master bedroom shower. There is hot water at all the other faucets, tubs and showers in the home which now points to the Pressure Balance Cartridge in the shower that is probably calcified causing it not to work correctly. To access this device, you must remove the handle so you can unscrew the cartridge from its fitting. The plumber (assigned by Amazon Home Warranty), from Mr. Young’s Plumbing, LLC arrived on June 5th and was unsuccessful in removing the handle and informed me that he would have to cut the handle off to access the cartridge. He then said he would need to get authorization from his company to do this. I asked him how long this would take had he said he should be back later today to finish the job. He never returned nor did he or his company call to provide an update to the repair. The next day, June 6th I called Mr. Young’s Plumbing around noon to find out the status of this repair. I was told that they were still waiting, I assume from Amazon, for authorization to complete the repairs. No further call-backs or updates were returned. Finally, on Friday, June 7th I called Amazon Home warranty (12:30pm) and asked if they have approved the work. They were unaware of the situation and presumed I was needing a new water heater. After being placed on (brief) hold I was informed that they would receive the work description on Monday morning – June 10, 2019. I have already paid the $65 service call fee and with no results. The part in question is a $24.98 (Home Depot price) Pfister Pressure Balance Cartridge and if necessary, a $27.00 (Amazon price) Polished Chrome Level Handel. Please provide some feasible explanation as to why this is so complicated. Update: Since my last posting Amazon Home Warranty has been actively involved with getting my case resolved. I am impressed with the results and am hopeful that the repairs will be completed shortly. I have given Customer Service five stars and will review the quality of product or service and Company Trustworthiness once repairs are complete.

Cathy & Ottie Amarillo, TX

Our representative, Sean, was amazing. He was courteous & friendly. He explained in detail how the warranty works, the cost & the amount each time we need a service call. I would highly recommend the home warranty policy with Amazon.

Claire Lawrenceville, GA

Heating system broke over night and not only was Amazon Home Warranty available to take my claim they had someone out within a few hours. The technician they sent was professional and knowledgeable. He had my heat up and running in no time.

yolanda svitakNopassword Boynton Beach, FL

Signing up was very easy and the employees are not at all pushy like several other companies that I contacted. I received the contract promptly with the agreed upon terms. Hopefully should I need service, the service event will go as smoothly.

kataza Taifa Indianapolis, IN

I was looking through facebook and came across your Home Warranty listing. As I currently have several Amazon product, and it all works for me; So I gave you guys a call. I was amazed on the coverage you offered so I sign up for the three years plan. Thank you so much for providing a wonderful options for the little guy.

joe Neptune City, NJ

Exceptionally reliable company!! My A/C went out when i turned it on this past weekend. The technician came out and everything is fixed. I needed freon and it only cost me my service call fee. The tech was very professional and knowledgable!

Debbie C Mesa, AZ

Just signed up for the 3 yr combo plan which covers just about everything inside your home. Hopefully it will be worth the money and will be easy and quick to not only file a claim but get the repairs done in a timely manner. Sales rep was polite and courteous.

Dustin Ocala, FL

I would like to start off by saying I understand very well not everything will be covered under a home warranty program every single time something goes wrong. Certain appliances and other covered utilities certainly need to be maintained and taken care of. Recently I had an experience with Amazon Home Warranty that was less than favorable to say the least. This ultimately lead to ending services with them and seeking a prorated refund for the remainder of my contract. My case was put to a review board and since then they have reached out to me and gone over and Beyond to make amends so we could at least part ways on good terms. After talking with their representative for a little time and asking some further questions I decided to reinstate my contract with them. I do believe they mean well and understand sometimes situations go south before anything can be done to get ahead of them. I would love to be able to change this to a 5-star review in the future and as my experiences with them broaden that very well may happen.

Dirk

I just had yet another positive experience with Amazon home warranty! I made my 3rd claim with them, this time on my dishwasher. The technician came and could not fix it. Amazon home warranty replaced it with a brand new one! Thank you!

Kirk Riverside, CA

I purchased an Amazon Home Warranty contract in January 2019. When I filed my first claim in March, I received a call from customer service saying oops, we never should have sold you a policy since you live in California. Yes I'm getting a full refund for $549, but this unacceptable. The only reason I signed up for this service in the first place is because it was Amazon.

Rodney Beck Irving, TX

I filed a claim for my computer, as I have an additional coverage. It's not a new one, but the representative didn't hesitate and processed it. Their technicians are the best because my computer works fast like it's brand new.

Jonah McKay Baltimore, MD

My biggest gripe with services like this was always the claims and how long it took for them to get resolved. This company is actually excellent in this regard. I've never had any issues and they never gave any problems. I'm very thankful for that.

Lorenzo Necci Richmond, VA

I was recommended Amazon Home Warranty. And it didn't disappoint. The representative are always pleasant to speak to. The policy terms are really simple, no caveats. What you see is what you get. My plan is a good value, compared to what other competitors offered me.

Adam S Bellwood, IL

Had a family function going on with my kid’s birthday and my oven goes down! Entering a claim was a breeze but the tech missed the appointment window!!! Called Amazon and not only did they get the tech there ASAP they waived the service call fee for my trouble. Excellent customer service.

John Fredericksburg, VA

Wanted to use my own tech for the work I needed done. Not only did Amazon Home Warranty accommodate my request, they made the process painless for me and the tech I hired. I can’t express enough how easy it is to do business with this company!

Brandon Brooks Atlanta, GA

Technician assigned to us quickly and promptly fixed the issue!

Debra Hughes Dallas, TX

They fixed my oven and all I paid was my service call fee as promised.

Elia Cantu Dallas, TX

Very pleased, they fixed my A/C and most recently repared my garbage disposal

Kantilal Patel Denver, CO

AHW fixed my oven in no time. Thankyou for being super fast and efficient!

Scott Tucker

Timely attitude, reasonable quotes and very cooperative staff!

Joseph Sain Pleasant Grove, UT

They address issues effectively and quickly

Anita August Pleasant Grove, UT

Good job and local services. Very good customer service.

Debi Oswego, IL

The technician might be great…..but if something can’t be fixed look out. Any claim I opened they always had an excuse as to why it wasn’t covered. The worst home warranty company ever.

Krishnanand Nayak West Chester, PA

worst possible service. constant calling for renewal but not follow up on claims. Claim opened in June 2021 and still no update other than standard "we are waiting for update from tech.

Fred Stearns Pueblo, CO

First of all ,I was never given a choice of annual or monthly contracts ,it takes forever to get a claim handled , As soon as our contract is up we will be switching! Very unprofessional and lots of empty promises at sign up

Dave Geisbush Englewood, CO

Extremely slow customer service. Two times, I've waited over 7 days each for Amazon to authorize repairs (simple plumbing leak, and a broken fan in the AC air handler). After hours waiting on the phone, customer service reps cannot answer questions or provide any timelines for repair.

Jun Alexandria, VA

It is the worst company ever. They can find reasons to deny your claim, and I filed my claim for one of my AC problem, they sent a service contractor you to wait for approval for repairing, after that I never hear from them, after three days later I called them they told me they denied my claims due to lack Of service maintenance.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi June, i apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

Belinda K Hix Fort George Meade, MD

Steve W is a bomb you need more people like him I am now a customer and I'm very happy thank you so much Steve

Karen stokes Long Beach, MS

Lies, fake company. Every time I call them its the same guy that answers the phone, pretends to transfer to claims department, Never explained why my claim was denied. Promised a check for $125.00 for inconvenience regarding claim, 3 months ago. Every time I call they remind me next payme t is due. DO NOT WADTE YOUR MONEY FAKE COMPANY.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Karen, im sorry for the delay you have experience. Can i get your policy information so that i can further assist you?

Mary Parker Leesburg, FL

DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY! FILED CLAIM 5 DAYS AGO YET TO RECEIVE CALL FROM SERVICE PROVIDER. WERE TOLD WOULD BE CONTACTED WITHIN 1 DAY. WHEN YOU CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY SAY IT WILL BE 24-72 HOURS FOR THE CLAIMS SPECIALIST TO RETURN CALL. DONT BE FOOLED. WE WILL BE DROPPING THEM AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND. WILL BE GOING BACK TO AMERICAN HOME SHIELD.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Mary, were sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. As per the terms of our policy we do not cover noise as it is not a mechanical failure.

Shishir Bhandari Ashburn, VA

There is nothing good about the company. First they promised good service at reasonable price. I purchased it and left my previous warranty company. I joined on feb 9th 2021. I put in my claim on april 14th and they said it is not covered since it looks pre-existing. Are you kidding me? i had first american for 7 years. These guys think i didn't put a claim with them for 7 years and now i am putting a claim to them. it is a complete fraud company. They take your money and not cover anything even if it is part of their contract! next i will complain on B&B

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Shishir actually you purchased our home warranty on February 9th and submitted your first claim on March 9th which is the same day your coverage kicked in. As per the terms we do not cover pre-existing conditions. Everything must be in working order before your policy kicks in. It is people like you that ruin it for everybody else. We cover roughly 85% of our claims which tells me that we are a reputable company.

Matthew DeVecchio Newport, OR

Do not use this company, AHW. They claim to be a fix or replace policy but it isn't. They have such a poor reputation in my area that service shops refuse to deal with them and won't even talk to them on the phone. I had a washer stop operating and I had to find my own service shop and they said they will reimburse me. the part is no longer made for the maytag washer so they will not fix or replace it. They are only willing to send me a check for the cost of the part and service. So they will not fix or replace.