AHW Home Warranty

6.7

Elbert Henson Phoenix, AZ

I accidentally came across Amazon Home Warranty in search of a new home warranty plan. When I moved, I had to look for a new service because my old provider didn't have the coverage here. Amazon Home Warranty service is just as good, if not better. My yearly plan rate is significantly lower. I also noticed that it is easier to book technician appointments and they are always on time.

Loren Weaver Phoenix, AZ

Amazon Home Warranty instilled a confidence when they quickly resolved my first claim. I switched to this company recently and was dreading the moment of filing for my first claim. I didn't know how they handle them and whether it would be approved. However, my first claim was handled promptly. I got a reminder of my appointment with a technician, who came over to check on my appliance. Soon after that, the replacement parts came. And the technician installed them. By the way, it didn't have to pay for the repair.

Kyle Cheng Rockville, MD

I've done an extensive research, before committing to Amazon Home Warranty. The company doesn't have a big online presence, but they impressed me over the phone. I think their customer service is great, which is very important with insurance companies. The policy terms sound more than satisfactory. I will update my feedback when I will file my first claim.

Penny Cacoulidis Lake Jackson, TX

If they do not answer their phones how can they provide service I have been on hold 1 hour. They took my money sent day of closing 9 Aug and did not tell 30 day grace no policy rude people and 21 Sep is start date.

Bobbi Stevenson Las Vegas, NV

It seems every time I request any type of service most of the time they found a way to say it's not covered they don't fix that and you're on your own

Dr. Paul Cooks North Las Vegas, NV

I GET AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE AND THEY CALL OR EMAIL IN A TIMELY MANNER.

Darren DeSautell Marietta, GA

Quick response, they dealt with my heating and air problem very fairly

Kimberly Mitchell Dallas, TX

Diversefeid Maintance did a very good job. Well pleased with the service and the people who came to fix the problem.

Jose Ramirez Killeen, TX

My A/C went out and AHW assigned Air Care the very next day. They fixed the leak and the A/C works again.

Eric Washington Dallas, TX

My 18 year old A/C stopped working and AHW was able to replace it with a newer unit. Very pleased with their service.

Kendra Smith Miami, FL

AHW team is one I can rely on. They immediately helped with my broken sink and pipe. The whole process was seamless.

Lisa Amarillo, TX

Worst home warranty company on the market! They do not honor their contract. I experienced a water leak from around my hot water heater the denied it stating leaks were not covered. My contract does not state anywhere that leaks are not covered. This company is a scam, save your money and go with a reputable company!

Scott Pfeiffer

No matter what time I call they are always available to support you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Nerolee Bush Atlanta, GA

I was able to get my ac fixed in only 2 days. Very satisfied with their team and technicians they assign.

Geneva Roundy Elk Grove Village, IL

John Glasco Tomball, TX

Completely dishonest company from the start! They work very hard at not providing solutions to your home issues. This company only takes your money and finds every way possible to not resolve your issue. Please beware of their dishonest practices. They avoid answering questions. I feel completely like they have take my money for an entire year without providing any service requested. Absolutely horrible and they prey on home owners! I caution anyone I can to stay away from this company!

Marcia Lewis Stockbridge, GA

I spoke with Steve on 7/26/21 at approximately 4:00pm requested for a warranty paid the $48.00. Called to cancel after reading the reviews and decided to cancel I spoke with Steve he said since it was pending no funds would be taken out. I checked my bank account on the following day (07/27/21) funds were taken out. 07/27/[email protected] 12:39pm called back funds were taken out my account and they to refund my money. Spoke with Carolyn from Amazon Home Warranty. A refund was issued will take 7-10 days business days. Tried to call Steve he’s not picking up. I want my refund please

Terry McClary Royal Oak, MI

Watch your credit card close with these people! I bought a year of service on 5/18/21 with 3 equal installments of $252.33, my card was charged. 2 days later I thought better & canceled. 2 days later money back on card. On 6/18/21, 6/19/21, & 7/18/21 my card continues to be charged for a service I canceled. When I call them about it I'm told that they don't show any charges and can do nothing about it.

Michelle White Gilbert, AZ

If I could leave zero stars I would. I have been without A/C in Arizona for 10 days... they don't like the diagnosis from one technician they want to send another one to give me the answer they want to hear so they can refuse payment... You can never speak to anyone, only a customer service representative who has no answers and your on hold for longer than 20 mins. They are the worst company to deal with.. don't waste your money..

anjum Hussaini Willowbrook, IL

I have warranty for AC unit w full replacement if not able to repair per contract. Ac compressor needed to be replaced so technician recommended to replace the unit and they are refusing to pay for the unit saying that it was secondary to poor maintenance. Our unit is well maintained, have clean and check done it regularly each season. They are a scam, don’t get it

Zach Buford, GA

Do not choose AHW for home warranty, they are not responsive, don't follow-up with contractors who disappear with your money. We paid two technicians and the first "stopped working with them" so we are out that money despite a fix being approved. The next contract, that we paid as well, was told they would buy us out, they denied any fix. We are now submitting a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Zack, We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

E. Kim Coppell, TX

They send a technician who doesn’t have a clue for the problem. Also technician changed appointments so many times and didn't show up without notifying. Wrong diagnosis of the problem and they make us pay out of pocket to the technician. Technician was unprofessional.

Caprice Swilley Orlando, FL

It takes Amazon forever to send a company out. The company never fixed my sink even after the came out they say they have to get with Amazon and it’s been 3 more days and I haven’t heard from either one of the called Amazon they said someone will get in touch with me and that’s been three days ago

Tony Astro Virginia Beach, VA

I don't even know how to begin. This company is the worst. I reported my fridge that needs compressor per technician in April 28 and today is may 24. I have log over 8 total hours in span of 18 phone calls. Just today, May 24 U started at 1:55pm. Now it 4:23 pm I called and talked to 5 supervisors: Jabari, then phone suddenly disappeared no return calls same from the following supervisors just for today: Naomi (spoke to her 4 times in almost 4 weeks), Tyler, Stacey and not Devlin. Their technician is the worst. I gave them a pass from last year when it took 3 weeks we don't have a heater. It is NOT WORTH IT. Now it is 4:26pm. We were talking about cancelling the plan and will not even contact for cancellation.

Dominique Crawford Concord, NC

This company does nothing but steal your money! They do not cover any repairs! My dryer broke and they are refusing to replace it even when the contract repair company is telling them it needs to be replaced! But, they are refusing because the contract company cannot identify the issue. The staff at this company doesn't care about their customers. They say that a manager will return a call but they don't. After calling multiple times they still refuse to replace my dryer and are telling me that I can pay $65 for a second opinion for someone to try to identify the problem so that they can replace it. They refuse to give you back your money if you want to cancel. They just dont care and steal your money!

Debi Jibilian Fremont, OH

The agent went over the policy really thoroughly. However, he failed to inform me that this was a one-year policy, which is very annoying and makes the policy extremely expensive! I have reviewed the contract carefully and find you have far more exclusions than comparable companies, which is very surprising to me. In addition, I have attempted multiple times during a 20 minute period to contact you at two different numbers provided by you, only do find that impossible. Not a good impression on my first contract day!

TexasVet Mansfield, TX

I have had home warranty coverage with Amazon Home Warranty for approximately 3 years and I believe I may have used the warranty maybe twice. My Maytag Dryer became inoperable displaying a F01 error code. They sent out a service provider who did not even touch the dryer, They had me give them the serial number, model number, etc. I called today for an update only to find out that they want to offer a payout versus repairing the dryer. The offer is less than half of the cost to replace the dryer with comparable features. According to the representative they have a right to offer replacement at a cost that could be lower than the actual replacement cost.

Kerry Leavitt Las Vegas, NV

after calling again for the 10th time, I finally got the best deal and i thought some extras that the sales rep stated free roof Leak coverage and the combo pak. now when I called back to get the corrections, someone different answered and told me that the offer was not offered. but I have an text sent from you and repeated it to him. if this is the drill, maybe I will call back and cancel my warranty!

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Kerry, never mind. I found the last text message you received which is $125.00 off plus free roof coverage - discount code #freeroof125. Thats $125 off the original rate of $624.00 as stated on our website for the combo plan. This brings your rate to $499 as mentioned earlier.

May. 5th, 2021

Anish Vazhappillil Wentzville, MO

What do you like best about this company? My answer is 'NOTHING'. What do you dislike the most? Worst service that too delayed. On top of that there is no responsibility or accountability. I have my refrigerator malfunctioning. I had to call the contractor and AHW to speed up the process. After the contractor visit, AHW denied my claim initially stating that it is a Freon leak which is not covered by the policy. I hired an independent contractor and he confirmed that it is not a leak but a bad compressor. I send the details to AHW and they are still reviewing it (20 days after initiating the claim!). I had similar issues when my microwave had issues few months ago. AHW will deduct almost everything that you paid if you try to cancel the policy. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Betty Jackson Columbus, MS

The sales representative was courteous and gave me good customer service. He was very knowledgeable about the details of the service that will be provided.

Susan Williams-Russell Whiting, NJ

I subscribed to this service last year in June (2020) Today is 3/17/21. When I went to file a claim this morning online, I was told that the contract was not active. I checked with my bank and the payment dated 2/26/21 was made and the next is due on 3/26/21. I called customer service (which is a joke), and was told that it would be 48 to 72 hours before someone could get back to me on that. I sent them a screen shot of the payment coming out of the bank and fully expect my attorney to be contacting them as I copied him on the email. So, if someone gets back to me in 48-72 hours, and I'm waiting another 48 to 72 for service, this, in my opinion, is THE LAST HOME WARRANTY YOU SHOULD BUY. If these people are owned by Amazon, that means I'll have further trouble getting into their overseas call center and having this resolved. I'm already asking for someone who can speak clear English.

Marjorie Olson Springfield, IL

Very respectful salesperson and associate that I worked with. I appreciate honesty and not the sales push that you normally get

Tyler Cooper Spring, TX

We selected AHW on June 22nd and the sellers of the home we purchased paid for the coverage at the time of our closing on June 26th. I did not get confirmation of the purchase until July 11th and the service does not start until August 10th. As luck (and Murphy's Law) would have it, two days after the point of when the warranty SHOULD have kicked in we are having trouble with our water softener and will be paying out of pocket for the repair (assuming it needs repair pending a service inspection).

Amy F

I would actually give less than one star. Not only have I consistently waited 35+ minutes to speak with a rep, but when I called to talk to a rep about a claim, she was RUDE. Their website tells you WHY you need a home warranty, but then do NOT stand behind their "worry free" statement when it comes to actually doing repairs. I would NEVER recommend them. We have kept a home Warranty for YEARS & never had a problem, they are the absolute WORST!

Michael Shaul

This Five Star is only for the process of obtaining coverage and the outstanding service provided for our decision making

They don't honor their agreement with consumer. Waited for a week to get a tech. Had to call Amazon to see when the repair would be done. They told me that the condenser was not covered because it had rust on the coil. Not sure how they could see this from a picture, but definitely a waste on money and time. The technician was great and very professional.

Michele Godfrey Fort Worth, TX

Ease of buying and using, very informative with filing a claim and top rated service companies that Amazon Home warranty use.

Stephanie Godbolt Buckeye, AZ

Great customer service help me understand the service I will be getting I got just what I need to take care of my home thank you

Travis S Young

Well it sounds good but haven't had to use it yet hopefully I will not having that piece of mind that things will be taking g care of eliminates the stress

Kevin Ho

Good but one issue took about 3 weeks to resolve and I had to be the point person to get it done! They were previously a 5 until the one vendor didn't follow through

Melanie Woodruff Scottsdale, AZ

Very easy to talk to. They explained their products in detail and worked with me to give me the very best deal possible.

Brooklyn Lemler Colorado Springs, CO

Fast, efficient, and friendly. They work with trustworthy companies that have been flexible with my schedule and also fix whatever problem quickly.

Lanae Gillespie

I have waited 9 days to get my dishwasher fixed. It is still unfixed and sitting full of sour water that will not drain. I have called 4 times and am hopeful a serviceman will be here in the morning. My warranty says I will have a serviceman in 24 to 48 hours.

Bill Reynolds Glendale, AZ

I have used them twice this year, both times they were very coutious, took care of my probley. Excellent service, very prompt.

Deborah Dicho Bloomfield Hills, MI

The were easy to work with right from the start. I especially liked the first person I spoke with when I was investigating the program.

Elizabeth Atlanta, GA

We also bought the 3 year Senior package. First, this is not owned by AMAZON. Separate company out of OHIO. Courteous customer service. Terrible technicians, some say they can't get paid. Unfortunately, we had several claims and each one ended in a dispute. We had to hire outside companies to diagnosis issues, pay them and then wait for a partial reimbursement. Also when they decide not to repair something, they either ignore you for months or send you a check for what they decide the repair is worth. We have been wither our furnace for over 2 months, still haggling with them and more promises of a return call in 24-48 hours. Don't buy, regardless of what you're hear!

Helen Collins ,

My garbage disposal was leaking due to large crack in it. Called AHW and assigned to Mr. R for replacement of said garbage disposal. I called Mr. R to set up appointment and was told by them that they were no longer working with AHW as they had not been paid for previous repairs/replacements and that AHW was not answering their E-mail either requesting payment. I went ahead and engaged Mr. R and then called AHW and demanded reimbursement. At first they wanted to reassign me to someone else, but I didn't want to wait. AHW did sent me a re-imbursement form to complete. I must have the repairman talk to rep. at AHW to get authorization to replace the garbage disposal and he must prove the need for replacement. I am NOT a happy camper. I replace my previous Home Warranty with AHW due to difficulties with them in hope that AHW would be a far better alternative.

Zac L Lawrenceville, GA

Customer service is a joke.....45 minute hold times. Bottom of the barrel tech's. Complete scam, do not use. Takes a month to fix our ice machine.

Robert Paganelli Grand Rapids, MI

Well Iam a new customer and was looking to find the best one .and the person I got Tim D he the reason I went we with Amazon because of his knowledge and its ability to answer all these questions that I ask him a great person .

Randall Whitfield Macon, GA

James C, your customer service representative, did a great job signing me up for a new home warranty. He was knowledgeable, personable and made my first contact with your company a pleasure. He is the reason that your company gets a five star rating from me.