AHW Home Warranty

6.7

Penny Cacoulidis Lake Jackson, TX

If they do not answer their phones how can they provide service I have been on hold 1 hour. They took my money sent day of closing 9 Aug and did not tell 30 day grace no policy rude people and 21 Sep is start date.

Bobbi Stevenson Las Vegas, NV

It seems every time I request any type of service most of the time they found a way to say it's not covered they don't fix that and you're on your own

Barry Orlando, FL

I’ve owned several home warranties over the years, there were always a catch 22 when placed a call. Everything from ice makers not covered, Freon limit and the $1000-$1500 AC coverage. And of course the $125 per call. We really did our homework this time, and was first surprised to see that Amazon offered a home warranty, as well as not having any of the limitations or cost I mentioned earlier. Being an Amazon Prime member for over 12 years, I have completed confidence that they would provide the same quality customer care I’ve grown accustomed too over the years. The first notable difference was the ease of getting someone on the phone.

Anonymous Tucson, AZ

At this time, our experience only involved finding out about the warranty, purchasimg it, and arranging for payments. All aspects of the process were outstanding and the agent was exceptionally polite, knowledgeable, and prompt. We received a very thorough explanation of coverages and Ray answered all our questions in ways that were understandable.We purchased plans for both of our homes. The plans were not identical and Ray explained to our satisfaction, the differences that applied. Once the purchases were made, we received copies of the contracts for both houses by email and within an hour. After reviewing the contracts, we could see that everything was explained exactly as written in the contract. Furthermore, the contracts were easy to understand and contained a minimum of the legal gobbledygook that is often part of service contracts. I recommend Amazon to all homeowners. The coverages exceded those of our previous homeowner service and the costs were very reasonable Alberto Young and Valarie Covington

Kyni Hartwell Euless, TX

First of all I would like to say that my claim WAS resolved by J. G. My first claim started out a little rocky, because of a misunderstanding as to what the actual issue was with my Jetted Tub. Originally a covered item was not authorized. However, when I reached out to Mr. G, he fully handled everything from there. He followed up with the vendor, who was originally thinking it was a jet port, that is not covered. Mr. G explained to them that it was an easy access ceased motor, which WAS covered and then immediately authorized. Mr. G submitted my corrected claim to the proper vendor, who came out the following day and removed and replaced my Jetted Tub motor. Both the vendor making the repair (First Response Plumbing/Nathan) and Mr. G EXCEEDED my expectations. Mr. G kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. I give Mr. G 5 stars and AHW is lucky to have such a diligent customer support team member.

Kathleen T Smith Fayetteville, NC

Very nice sales person. New to AHW myself. Was a full time residential real estate agent licensed in the state of Arizona from 1981 to 2017 and used and recommended Service One once they got into the warranty biz, that later became One Guard, First American, Old Republic, Fidelity, 2-10 and rarely American Home Shield except for my first few years in the industry as they were always refusing repairs saying pre-existing conditions despite professional home inspections indicating all covered items functioning normally at time of inspection, prior to closing of course. Never ever had clients report any problems with any other warranty companies.

Adamo Goldsbie Burlington, NC

Problem solved with the Amazon Home Warranty! My pool filter was not doing its job well which was when I finally decided to put in a claim since I had subscribed to a comprehensive plan with AHW. At first, it was taking to much time in getting back to me for a contractor. After 3 days of waiting, AHW rep scheduled me with a visit and inspection right away. The tech came to my house and inspected my filter unit. He went out to get some parts needed, good thing his shop is just within our neighborhood. Tech was back and fixed the unit in just 3 hours. Saved me around 900 dollars with this repair, what a relief! Thank you.

Lucas Sabino Bridgeton, NJ

We were given several choices when selecting a home warranty company, and decided our realtor's connections with the local management at AHW (should any problems with coverage arise) gave them the edge in gaining our business. We closed on our house 2 weeks ago, and four days later the 23 year-old pool filtration pump failed. Our policy includes coverage for pool/spa problems. They had a guy out to the house within a couple days. It took another day for him to receive authorization to replace the pump he diagnosed as seized-up, and in less than a week it was running again and fully operational. If it were an AC failure in 110 degree heat that timeline would not have been acceptable, but under the circumstances we were satisfied with their overall responsiveness and willingness to cover the failure.

Nathan Tucker Scottsdale, AZ

A friend of mine recommended Amazon Home Warranty and they are very good. I had a problem with my water heater. The house was recirculating hot water system and the recirculation pump failed. I called to submit a claim -- I prefer being able to talk to somebody directly. They said I would hear from them within 24 hours and I did. The technician named Scott from a plumbing company came out after two days and he did a nice job. He was very quick and professional. Intercity was very good. I would like to have had them come sooner, but there was a holiday involved, so I can understand the delay. Overall, that was a good repair and Scott was excellent.

Janelle Gordan Bowers, PA

We were having trouble with our dishwasher, so we submitted a claim with AHW and it was a very simple process. We just call, submit the claim, get the name of the person or company that was going to fix it, and contact them. The contractor they sent was prompt and called right before he came here. He looked at the situation, analyzed it, and said we needed to order a part. He gave me his schedule when he would order it, and when the part came in, he went back to put it on. It worked, and it was a delightful transaction. AHW was quick, accurate and very timely - there was no argument or discussion. We used another warranty company years ago, and they were nothing but a pain to deal with. But it’s been a delight working with AHW and we have recommended them to friends and family members.

Tim Webb Chuckey, TN

My wife called AHW and told Customer Service what the problem was. We received an email very shortly afterward with the name of the Vendor that would be doing the repair work on our Hot Water Heater. The Vendor called the next day and scheduled an appointment and on the day of the repair, the Repairman called and asked if was possible to come earlier since they had finished a job sooner than expected. They showed up at the changed time and had the job fixed as needed. They were not only professional, they were very courteous and made sure that we had all the phone numbers needed if for some reason the repair malfunctioned. From our perspective, ahw rocks!

Pilar Sims Phoenix, AZ

I filed a claim online with AHW recently when our oven went out. The contractor came at a reasonable time, analyzed the problem, and fixed it. It needed a new burning claw in the bottom, which he then ordered. By his schedule, it's gonna take two or three weeks before he can get back here. Since it was a fairly simple repair, I told him I could install it since I needed the stove now. The part came in a very timely manner, I installed it the part, and everything was fine. Also, while the contractor was here, I had a problem with the oven door not wanting to close all the way and he fixed that very easily as well. We've had a very good experience with AHW. My wife is in real estate and whenever she writes a contract, she puts them in as a part of the home warranty, mainly based on our experience with them.

Renee Franklin Clover, SC

Robyn Gosson Carbon Cliff, IL

I've been a customer of AHW for about five months now and have had two small claims with them. One was for a gas range and the other one was for our heating. The reps have been very responsive. They had somebody call me back within a day to set up an appointment, then the contractors came over. For my heating issue, a sensor went bad and was replaced. It was fixed on the spot, which was pretty good. As for my gas range claim, the contractor had to order a part, and it took about two weeks to get it in. But once the contractor got the part, he came over and was able to fix it. Both contractors that I got were excellent, very knowledgeable, and got to the bottom of the problem pretty quickly. Both issues were corrected and my experiences so far have been good.

Veronica Glenn Decatur, IL

We love AHW, they have been wonderful for us. We had a problem with my water heater. Submitting the claim was very easy and they called us the next morning. My first appointment with them happened within two days of me calling. They were supposed to be here at 8 o’clock at night that day to accommodate my hours and they got held up on another job. That was a Thursday night and they couldn’t make it Friday, but they did come first thing Saturday morning. They did it quickly so I was more than happy with them. Everything is working fine since the repair. I have recommended them to several friends. We have a very, very good relationship with them and we’ll stay with them.

Mark Warren Bethesda, MD

My microwave stopped working and they sent a company who came quickly. They determined that it needed two parts. I waited a month for them to come with the part, which they did yesterday, and the parts didn't work. They said it couldn't be fixed. From that point on, AHW was very quick. They called me and gave me choices for a new microwave and it's supposed to come between five and seven days to install it. I would have been quite happy to have the one I got fixed because when you look at it, it still looks pristine. Anyway, it’s planned obsolescence with these appliances. The guy said the one that they're replacing is 17 years old, even though I said to them, "That thing looks like new." I’ve been with AHW for four years and this was third time I've used them.

Ruben Walker Alpharetta, GA

You know when you have found a good company...you don't dread calling them when you have an issue. I found myself happy to call Amazon Home Warranty whenever I needed a repair because they always come through. They are reliable, efficient and trustworthy...so I'd say they're worth the money. I've gotten my fridge, my ice maker, my microwave, my oven and my shower fixed through this company and each and every time, the process was seamless: I submit a claim online, someone contacts me shortly after to confirm details, I schedule a time with a technician, the technician shows up, assess the problem, makes a call, my claim is approved and he does the repair. It's just as straightforward as they say it is. I am thinking about upgrading my plan, but I thought I'd write a review first. This is a worthy company.

Dakar James Germantown, TN

I have use Amazon Home Warranty 3 times this year (2019) and the level of services I have received has unbelievable and unheard of in this industry. Not one time did they say to me that they were not going to cover an issue for me. The agents are seriously so polite, patient and helpful. Unlike other home warranty service companies out there. Amazon HW is the very BEST among the rest. I can tell that AHW take what they do very seriously and take very good care of their customers. I am extremely happy with AHW and plan on staying with them forever. After being with other companies in the past , I am happy to say that AHW is a much more structured and honest company.

Dominique Wright Alamo, NV

I recently submitted a claim for my stopped up sink drain. Within 2 hours I received an email with the name of the plumber and a date for the sink to be repaired.Two days later my sink was fixed. I’m a realtor and I’ve been dealing/ working with home warranty companies for years. Most of them feed you lies and don’t cover anything once you put in a claim.. This company is the most legit I’ve seen so far, they are covering my claims. Amazon home warranty not only uses reliable and expert companies but they facilitate their claims in an efficient and rapid manner. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Krysta Wytko

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon home warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my ac was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and ahw, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Toya Durham, NC

The rep was very courteous and gave a detailed, but yet, quick overview of the plans. I chose this company because of the positive reviews on various reputable websites (seems like this company is committed to high quality customer service), and the competitive pricing. I loved that my information was already in the system from the online quote that I completed, so the purchasing process only took a couple of minutes which included the couple of questions that I had. I also love that the fact that I can cancel at anytime if I find the service unfavorable. So far, I am pleased my with experience. The only thing I have yet to experience is the claims process, so we shall see on that part.

Jose Ramirez Killeen, TX

My A/C went out and AHW assigned Air Care the very next day. They fixed the leak and the A/C works again.

Eric Washington Dallas, TX

My 18 year old A/C stopped working and AHW was able to replace it with a newer unit. Very pleased with their service.

Kendra Smith Miami, FL

AHW team is one I can rely on. They immediately helped with my broken sink and pipe. The whole process was seamless.

Lisa Amarillo, TX

Worst home warranty company on the market! They do not honor their contract. I experienced a water leak from around my hot water heater the denied it stating leaks were not covered. My contract does not state anywhere that leaks are not covered. This company is a scam, save your money and go with a reputable company!

Scott Pfeiffer

No matter what time I call they are always available to support you and get back to you as soon as possible.

Nerolee Bush Atlanta, GA

I was able to get my ac fixed in only 2 days. Very satisfied with their team and technicians they assign.

Geneva Roundy Elk Grove Village, IL

Diversefeid Maintance did a very good job. Well pleased with the service and the people who came to fix the problem.

Tyson Farmer Keller, TX

The claim process is easy and fast! No issues with receiving support with questions.

Marcia Lewis Stockbridge, GA

I spoke with Steve on 7/26/21 at approximately 4:00pm requested for a warranty paid the $48.00. Called to cancel after reading the reviews and decided to cancel I spoke with Steve he said since it was pending no funds would be taken out. I checked my bank account on the following day (07/27/21) funds were taken out. 07/27/[email protected] 12:39pm called back funds were taken out my account and they to refund my money. Spoke with Carolyn from Amazon Home Warranty. A refund was issued will take 7-10 days business days. Tried to call Steve he’s not picking up. I want my refund please

Terry McClary Royal Oak, MI

Watch your credit card close with these people! I bought a year of service on 5/18/21 with 3 equal installments of $252.33, my card was charged. 2 days later I thought better & canceled. 2 days later money back on card. On 6/18/21, 6/19/21, & 7/18/21 my card continues to be charged for a service I canceled. When I call them about it I'm told that they don't show any charges and can do nothing about it.

Michelle White Gilbert, AZ

If I could leave zero stars I would. I have been without A/C in Arizona for 10 days... they don't like the diagnosis from one technician they want to send another one to give me the answer they want to hear so they can refuse payment... You can never speak to anyone, only a customer service representative who has no answers and your on hold for longer than 20 mins. They are the worst company to deal with.. don't waste your money..

E. Kim Coppell, TX

They send a technician who doesn’t have a clue for the problem. Also technician changed appointments so many times and didn't show up without notifying. Wrong diagnosis of the problem and they make us pay out of pocket to the technician. Technician was unprofessional.

Caprice Swilley Orlando, FL

It takes Amazon forever to send a company out. The company never fixed my sink even after the came out they say they have to get with Amazon and it’s been 3 more days and I haven’t heard from either one of the called Amazon they said someone will get in touch with me and that’s been three days ago

AY Perlstein Portland, OR

They ran after me to sign up, promised me the world and didn’t deliver at all. They don’t have contractors in my area, the ones they got in touch with were horrible. Some claims I made went unaddressed because they couldn’t find a technician. When I went to cancel they bullied me into staying with them for the year, promising me they’d cancel the contract at the end of the year. When the year was up, they continued to charge me and then were so nasty to me when I called to cancel and how dare I request a refund from the months they said they would not charge me for. AHW is an absolute waste of money and they are from my perspective thieves. They take more then they give and provide the worst customer service and for that manner at times no service for what you’re paying for. Glad I got out, glad I switched!!

Kathy Azarpour Las Vegas, NV

I purchased home warranty through this company in December 2020. This past week we had an issue with garbage disposal. When I called in the claim the call goes overseas, I was told everything gets handled inland. Then I am being drilled as to how many days ago this unit was working, which is irrelevant. I told the coordinator this unit is leaking, I am told need to wait 24 to 48 hours before dispatch will assign someone. Now the person assigned shows up at the wrong address. 4 days has gone since my correspondence with the company. NO ONE has come back to replace this disposal. I call the company on Saturday, come to find out they keep bankers hours. Monday through Friday and I need to call back on MONDAY. Called the company they assigned, they also have bankers hours Monday through Friday. I really would like to know how can I get any service, if I had a water heater, plumbing, AC which could be an emergency.... How can a company operate this way knowing you sell home warranty and your customer have no access to you... If I could give less than the zero I would.

Alex Azhand Alexandria, VA

I highly recommend everyone to stay away from this company. Regretfully I signed up an agreement with them in Feb. 2021. I never used their services. I was told you cant even use any service until your 30 days passed. I called them two weeks ago and requested for cancellation because I sold the house and buying a new house. I was told that my refund is $339 but they did not process my refund until today and when I called them I was told that my refund is ~$280. I do highly recommend anyway to stay away from them. I have the recordings of the conversation if you care to listen and learn who are you going to deal with. They are bunch of unprofessionals whose goal is to rip off their customers

Lisa El-Ghirani Indianapolis, IN

Amazon Home Warranty has very unconcerned reps. When I had an electrical issue they tried 3 times to send an electrician, but 3 different companies declined to come out for them. I ended up having to secure my own electrician through Mr Quik and pay out of pocket up front. My initial call to AHW for this issue was on 3/24/21. It is now 6/16/21; I have yet to be reimbursed (short my deductible) and have been told multiple times my check will be sent in the next 10-14 business days. This warranty company will not be getting another $575 at the end of this contract. Waste of money and huge waste of time.

Mike Grove Atlanta, GA

Brad was extremely helpful in getting me signed up. However, the proof will be in the service I get if and when I need a technician. They can certainly earn more starts if that part of the business is handled as well as Brad handled setting me up. Let's wait and see.

Mr. Crane Absecon, NJ

If no stars were an option they would get it. I filed several complaints through the BBB. Check their rating there first. I was told I could not cancel the policy twice and then given the runaround. Horrible people and liars all. Sounds great and would be if they delivered on a single promise. I was charged a service call and my washer was not repaired they said it was preexisting... If that's the case then they should tell me in advance what was going to be covered or not. STUFF BREAKS. That's why I purchased the warranty. It has cost me $00 plus the cost to repair the items myself ridiculous...

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Hi Mr. Crane, i apologize for the frustration and misunderstanding. Pleas provide me with your claim number or policy number so that i can further assist and do my best to correct this situation for you.

Jun. 14th, 2021

ps kar Frankfort, KY

!!!!Worst experience!!!!. These guys don't pay for your services, they will say something else is the fault. The customer service is really worst, the rep who spoke to me is very rude and told they will not cover. I had service calls for AC and Microwave and both they rejected. AC is just a freon issue and they said it's a multi component failure. Microwave issue with megatorn and they are blaming the door and saying they wont cover it. When I asked them to cancel the policy they said I wont get anything back. they are saying they paid 215$ for tech to come and look at it. How stupid is this. I never recommend this to any one.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

I apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look into your last claim and do our best to assist. Can you please provide me with more information so that i can locate your account?

Jun. 11th, 2021

Tony Astro Virginia Beach, VA

I don't even know how to begin. This company is the worst. I reported my fridge that needs compressor per technician in April 28 and today is may 24. I have log over 8 total hours in span of 18 phone calls. Just today, May 24 U started at 1:55pm. Now it 4:23 pm I called and talked to 5 supervisors: Jabari, then phone suddenly disappeared no return calls same from the following supervisors just for today: Naomi (spoke to her 4 times in almost 4 weeks), Tyler, Stacey and not Devlin. Their technician is the worst. I gave them a pass from last year when it took 3 weeks we don't have a heater. It is NOT WORTH IT. Now it is 4:26pm. We were talking about cancelling the plan and will not even contact for cancellation.

Dominique Crawford Concord, NC

This company does nothing but steal your money! They do not cover any repairs! My dryer broke and they are refusing to replace it even when the contract repair company is telling them it needs to be replaced! But, they are refusing because the contract company cannot identify the issue. The staff at this company doesn't care about their customers. They say that a manager will return a call but they don't. After calling multiple times they still refuse to replace my dryer and are telling me that I can pay $65 for a second opinion for someone to try to identify the problem so that they can replace it. They refuse to give you back your money if you want to cancel. They just dont care and steal your money!

Debi Jibilian Fremont, OH

The agent went over the policy really thoroughly. However, he failed to inform me that this was a one-year policy, which is very annoying and makes the policy extremely expensive! I have reviewed the contract carefully and find you have far more exclusions than comparable companies, which is very surprising to me. In addition, I have attempted multiple times during a 20 minute period to contact you at two different numbers provided by you, only do find that impossible. Not a good impression on my first contract day!

TexasVet Mansfield, TX

I have had home warranty coverage with Amazon Home Warranty for approximately 3 years and I believe I may have used the warranty maybe twice. My Maytag Dryer became inoperable displaying a F01 error code. They sent out a service provider who did not even touch the dryer, They had me give them the serial number, model number, etc. I called today for an update only to find out that they want to offer a payout versus repairing the dryer. The offer is less than half of the cost to replace the dryer with comparable features. According to the representative they have a right to offer replacement at a cost that could be lower than the actual replacement cost.

Kerry Leavitt Las Vegas, NV

after calling again for the 10th time, I finally got the best deal and i thought some extras that the sales rep stated free roof Leak coverage and the combo pak. now when I called back to get the corrections, someone different answered and told me that the offer was not offered. but I have an text sent from you and repeated it to him. if this is the drill, maybe I will call back and cancel my warranty!

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Kerry, never mind. I found the last text message you received which is $125.00 off plus free roof coverage - discount code #freeroof125. Thats $125 off the original rate of $624.00 as stated on our website for the combo plan. This brings your rate to $499 as mentioned earlier.

May. 5th, 2021

mike abdallah Las Vegas, NV

Mr. fred w. very good salesman not only convince to buy the warranty . he convinces me to buy the three year contract . hopes what he tell me is true . only time will proves thanks Mike abdallah

Irina Feygin Clifton Park, NY

I would like to warn potential buyers so they can avoid multiple issues I experienced dealing with Amazon Home Warranty. Please look up their Better Business Bureau rating, which has been downgraded due to poor customer service and inability to fulfill commitments. They will be very pleasant and responsive during the sales call trying to convince you to buy their policy, offering multiple discounts to extend the term. Once they have you trapped the game begins. To be fair if you require a cheap repair you shouldn’t have too many issues unless your claim contain errors caused by Amazon, which will delay the process. Then you’ll call customer service to escalate the claim and never get a call back. But at the end of the day if it’s a couple hundred bucks it’s not a big deal. But f your appliance breaks and requires significant repair – brace yourself. They will disappear on you, come up with ridiculous requests and excuses, offer you an unreasonably low “replacement” value and very rudely dismiss your attempts to state the obvious. Because apparently value determination is at their discretion. Truly, the worst experience I’ve ever had with any service/home warranty company. Please consider other options and refer to the Better Business Bureau website for reference.

Magaly Clavier Newnan, GA

I am new to this program but my first experience with a plumbing repair was excellent! the technician was professional, friendly and accomplished in his craft! Highly recommended !!

Marilyn N Jamal Palatine, IL

We were very impressed with Mr. James C. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions and explained what our warranty would cover. He told us to call him with any questions we may have now and in the future.