AHW Home Warranty Logo

AHW Home Warranty

6.7

Sherief Bogdady Atlanta, GA

AHW'S policy is one of the best ones ive researched. They cover a few more items than anyone else and their payout are very generous. Ive been a customer for over 1 year

Yuette Claire San Jose, CA

Every service call we have made has been addressed in a timely manner. We are very satisfied with the company and would recommend it to all homeowners

Janelle M Pleasant Grove, UT

AHW provides a good servied for home warranties, but the service could be better. The website is great and easy to navigate, but calling in to speak about claim always requires a call back that is 24-72hours.

Linda Ash Kansas City, MO

It’s apparent they do not have a wide range of contractors! My washer went out and kept calling a contractor asking him to come fix it! Contractor told me he has told them several times! I have no heat right now going on second day of no heat after filing a claim! Called 3 times to complain and every time they said they would escalate it! Apparently this is not urgent to them! Also they don’t realize that going without heat could burst my pipes then I would be in another situation where it’s not considered urgent to them! I had another warranty company where a contractor was notified that day! Worst company!

kgabe59 Humble, TX

All my questions were answered accurately. The home warranty specialist was very polite and professional, and not pushy in trying to get me to commit to getting the coverage. I was very pleased with the interaction I experienced that I referred my two sons.

NAOMI L. MYERS Glendale, AZ

This was just a phone call to obtain Amazon Warranty as my choice for the home warranty, however he was very concise in all the info. given to me about their service. He answered every question I had, am looking forward to becoming a new customer.

Robin Huntington, WV

Tim was amazing and answered all my questions easily about the warranty! I was shopping g around because my other home warranty had sent out sub par contractors to my home and took a month to fix a simple problem... looking forward to dealing with Amazon!

Wanda Bowman

The representative was very helpful and knowledgeable he made my decision regarding home warranty easy he has a great personality and i definitely will continue to recommend this service

Jennifer Smith

The sales person (Steve W) was very helpful and provided great information. He did not pressure me into anything I did not want or need. He even offered me better pricing than I was expecting for the coverage I needed.

Joe Alston

I can only rate the ease of signing up at this point, which was pretty pain free. Today I noticed that my AC isn't getting cold so I plan to arrange a service call soon. Will update this review after that

Mark Montague

So far I've been with them for 5 days and I'm not impressed. Just put in my first request for repair and I'm being told because of the timing it's a pre-existing condition. I have an inspection report from my purchase of the home that states otherwise. Plus that is exactly why they have a 30 day delay on the start date to prevent this. Makes no sense what so ever. I really hope this trend doesn't continue. Plus it doesn't help that one of my issues is with plumbing and they are saying they don't cover the faucet. The issue is how am I suppose to know where the issue is? I'm not a plumber! Finally I was hung up on once and the second time I called I was told I'd receive a call back. That was at 8:30 this morning and it's now 1:30 with no calls

Leo

Reliable and professional reps. They were polite and quick to send out a technician who was able to repair my oven. It all took just 2 days. I have already recommended my sister to ahw. Keep up the good work

Sergio G

The people in the office are good. The contractors they hire need improvement. We did have an issue with one of the contractors but the people in the office were able to find another (and great contractor to repair a dryer). The website also needs investment and updating. It is not as well done as some of the other services.

Nancy Louisville, KY

Just signed up with this company and spoke to a very friendly knowledgeable person (Steve). I hope to never use the service but I feel this top rated company will be a blessing if we ever need to. Too many pluses about this company to elaborate but I did do research on the 5 best home warranty services and chose this one. Thank you Steve you are a good sales person.

Mmorgan Orlando, FL

Mr. Brad E was very professional and pleasant to talk to. I like the coverage, the cost of the program and the idea that if you can’t fix things, you will replace it. Those issues are very important to me. I also would like to give a shout out to the person I talked to the other night ( not from customer relations, I think from 24 hrs service call Dept), he was also very patient explaining about the program and services.

Dee Henderson Virginia Beach, VA

Horrible customer service. Fraudulent company. Liars and cheats! Took our money and NEVER responded to our request for service. Called everyday. Each time we were told they couldn't find a service contractor in our area.

Barry Orlando, FL

I’ve owned several home warranties over the years, there were always a catch 22 when placed a call. Everything from ice makers not covered, Freon limit and the $1000-$1500 AC coverage. And of course the $125 per call. We really did our homework this time, and was first surprised to see that Amazon offered a home warranty, as well as not having any of the limitations or cost I mentioned earlier. Being an Amazon Prime member for over 12 years, I have completed confidence that they would provide the same quality customer care I’ve grown accustomed too over the years. The first notable difference was the ease of getting someone on the phone.

Anonymous Tucson, AZ

At this time, our experience only involved finding out about the warranty, purchasimg it, and arranging for payments. All aspects of the process were outstanding and the agent was exceptionally polite, knowledgeable, and prompt. We received a very thorough explanation of coverages and Ray answered all our questions in ways that were understandable.We purchased plans for both of our homes. The plans were not identical and Ray explained to our satisfaction, the differences that applied. Once the purchases were made, we received copies of the contracts for both houses by email and within an hour. After reviewing the contracts, we could see that everything was explained exactly as written in the contract. Furthermore, the contracts were easy to understand and contained a minimum of the legal gobbledygook that is often part of service contracts. I recommend Amazon to all homeowners. The coverages exceded those of our previous homeowner service and the costs were very reasonable Alberto Young and Valarie Covington

Kyni Hartwell Euless, TX

First of all I would like to say that my claim WAS resolved by J. G. My first claim started out a little rocky, because of a misunderstanding as to what the actual issue was with my Jetted Tub. Originally a covered item was not authorized. However, when I reached out to Mr. G, he fully handled everything from there. He followed up with the vendor, who was originally thinking it was a jet port, that is not covered. Mr. G explained to them that it was an easy access ceased motor, which WAS covered and then immediately authorized. Mr. G submitted my corrected claim to the proper vendor, who came out the following day and removed and replaced my Jetted Tub motor. Both the vendor making the repair (First Response Plumbing/Nathan) and Mr. G EXCEEDED my expectations. Mr. G kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. I give Mr. G 5 stars and AHW is lucky to have such a diligent customer support team member.

Kathleen T Smith Fayetteville, NC

Very nice sales person. New to AHW myself. Was a full time residential real estate agent licensed in the state of Arizona from 1981 to 2017 and used and recommended Service One once they got into the warranty biz, that later became One Guard, First American, Old Republic, Fidelity, 2-10 and rarely American Home Shield except for my first few years in the industry as they were always refusing repairs saying pre-existing conditions despite professional home inspections indicating all covered items functioning normally at time of inspection, prior to closing of course. Never ever had clients report any problems with any other warranty companies.

Adamo Goldsbie Burlington, NC

Problem solved with the Amazon Home Warranty! My pool filter was not doing its job well which was when I finally decided to put in a claim since I had subscribed to a comprehensive plan with AHW. At first, it was taking to much time in getting back to me for a contractor. After 3 days of waiting, AHW rep scheduled me with a visit and inspection right away. The tech came to my house and inspected my filter unit. He went out to get some parts needed, good thing his shop is just within our neighborhood. Tech was back and fixed the unit in just 3 hours. Saved me around 900 dollars with this repair, what a relief! Thank you.

Lucas Sabino Bridgeton, NJ

We were given several choices when selecting a home warranty company, and decided our realtor's connections with the local management at AHW (should any problems with coverage arise) gave them the edge in gaining our business. We closed on our house 2 weeks ago, and four days later the 23 year-old pool filtration pump failed. Our policy includes coverage for pool/spa problems. They had a guy out to the house within a couple days. It took another day for him to receive authorization to replace the pump he diagnosed as seized-up, and in less than a week it was running again and fully operational. If it were an AC failure in 110 degree heat that timeline would not have been acceptable, but under the circumstances we were satisfied with their overall responsiveness and willingness to cover the failure.

Nathan Tucker Scottsdale, AZ

A friend of mine recommended Amazon Home Warranty and they are very good. I had a problem with my water heater. The house was recirculating hot water system and the recirculation pump failed. I called to submit a claim -- I prefer being able to talk to somebody directly. They said I would hear from them within 24 hours and I did. The technician named Scott from a plumbing company came out after two days and he did a nice job. He was very quick and professional. Intercity was very good. I would like to have had them come sooner, but there was a holiday involved, so I can understand the delay. Overall, that was a good repair and Scott was excellent.

Janelle Gordan Bowers, PA

We were having trouble with our dishwasher, so we submitted a claim with AHW and it was a very simple process. We just call, submit the claim, get the name of the person or company that was going to fix it, and contact them. The contractor they sent was prompt and called right before he came here. He looked at the situation, analyzed it, and said we needed to order a part. He gave me his schedule when he would order it, and when the part came in, he went back to put it on. It worked, and it was a delightful transaction. AHW was quick, accurate and very timely - there was no argument or discussion. We used another warranty company years ago, and they were nothing but a pain to deal with. But it’s been a delight working with AHW and we have recommended them to friends and family members.

Tim Webb Chuckey, TN

My wife called AHW and told Customer Service what the problem was. We received an email very shortly afterward with the name of the Vendor that would be doing the repair work on our Hot Water Heater. The Vendor called the next day and scheduled an appointment and on the day of the repair, the Repairman called and asked if was possible to come earlier since they had finished a job sooner than expected. They showed up at the changed time and had the job fixed as needed. They were not only professional, they were very courteous and made sure that we had all the phone numbers needed if for some reason the repair malfunctioned. From our perspective, ahw rocks!

Pilar Sims Phoenix, AZ

I filed a claim online with AHW recently when our oven went out. The contractor came at a reasonable time, analyzed the problem, and fixed it. It needed a new burning claw in the bottom, which he then ordered. By his schedule, it's gonna take two or three weeks before he can get back here. Since it was a fairly simple repair, I told him I could install it since I needed the stove now. The part came in a very timely manner, I installed it the part, and everything was fine. Also, while the contractor was here, I had a problem with the oven door not wanting to close all the way and he fixed that very easily as well. We've had a very good experience with AHW. My wife is in real estate and whenever she writes a contract, she puts them in as a part of the home warranty, mainly based on our experience with them.

Renee Franklin Clover, SC

Robyn Gosson Carbon Cliff, IL

I've been a customer of AHW for about five months now and have had two small claims with them. One was for a gas range and the other one was for our heating. The reps have been very responsive. They had somebody call me back within a day to set up an appointment, then the contractors came over. For my heating issue, a sensor went bad and was replaced. It was fixed on the spot, which was pretty good. As for my gas range claim, the contractor had to order a part, and it took about two weeks to get it in. But once the contractor got the part, he came over and was able to fix it. Both contractors that I got were excellent, very knowledgeable, and got to the bottom of the problem pretty quickly. Both issues were corrected and my experiences so far have been good.

Veronica Glenn Decatur, IL

We love AHW, they have been wonderful for us. We had a problem with my water heater. Submitting the claim was very easy and they called us the next morning. My first appointment with them happened within two days of me calling. They were supposed to be here at 8 o’clock at night that day to accommodate my hours and they got held up on another job. That was a Thursday night and they couldn’t make it Friday, but they did come first thing Saturday morning. They did it quickly so I was more than happy with them. Everything is working fine since the repair. I have recommended them to several friends. We have a very, very good relationship with them and we’ll stay with them.

Mark Warren Bethesda, MD

My microwave stopped working and they sent a company who came quickly. They determined that it needed two parts. I waited a month for them to come with the part, which they did yesterday, and the parts didn't work. They said it couldn't be fixed. From that point on, AHW was very quick. They called me and gave me choices for a new microwave and it's supposed to come between five and seven days to install it. I would have been quite happy to have the one I got fixed because when you look at it, it still looks pristine. Anyway, it’s planned obsolescence with these appliances. The guy said the one that they're replacing is 17 years old, even though I said to them, "That thing looks like new." I’ve been with AHW for four years and this was third time I've used them.

Ruben Walker Alpharetta, GA

You know when you have found a good company...you don't dread calling them when you have an issue. I found myself happy to call Amazon Home Warranty whenever I needed a repair because they always come through. They are reliable, efficient and trustworthy...so I'd say they're worth the money. I've gotten my fridge, my ice maker, my microwave, my oven and my shower fixed through this company and each and every time, the process was seamless: I submit a claim online, someone contacts me shortly after to confirm details, I schedule a time with a technician, the technician shows up, assess the problem, makes a call, my claim is approved and he does the repair. It's just as straightforward as they say it is. I am thinking about upgrading my plan, but I thought I'd write a review first. This is a worthy company.

Dakar James Germantown, TN

I have use Amazon Home Warranty 3 times this year (2019) and the level of services I have received has unbelievable and unheard of in this industry. Not one time did they say to me that they were not going to cover an issue for me. The agents are seriously so polite, patient and helpful. Unlike other home warranty service companies out there. Amazon HW is the very BEST among the rest. I can tell that AHW take what they do very seriously and take very good care of their customers. I am extremely happy with AHW and plan on staying with them forever. After being with other companies in the past , I am happy to say that AHW is a much more structured and honest company.

Dominique Wright Alamo, NV

I recently submitted a claim for my stopped up sink drain. Within 2 hours I received an email with the name of the plumber and a date for the sink to be repaired.Two days later my sink was fixed. I’m a realtor and I’ve been dealing/ working with home warranty companies for years. Most of them feed you lies and don’t cover anything once you put in a claim.. This company is the most legit I’ve seen so far, they are covering my claims. Amazon home warranty not only uses reliable and expert companies but they facilitate their claims in an efficient and rapid manner. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Krysta Wytko

I’ve read a lot of reviews for Amazon Home Warranty and had mixed feelings at first about signing up. I decided to call and had a good experience with the rep I spoke with, he gave me a good package quote so I decided to join. So far they fixed my toilet, they had a plumber come out next day. I have also had good experience when my refrigerator needed a motor. Amazon home warranty got that fixed within 2 days. Recently, my ac was not cooling which I saw was a common thing in the reviews. Amazon treated it as an emergency claim and fixed it first thing the next day. The tech was in and out. In the end they did save me decent amount of money and hassle. I have nothing bad to say and ahw, nothing but positive experience. 5 stars across the board.

Olisa Uche Dixon Springs, TN

I’ve only had my policy with Amazon home warranty for a few months and wow, am I glad I do! Both fridge and dishwasher decided that they were going to act up and stop working.. within a few weeks of each other. But luckily I made a smart decision by joining ahw. I did my homework before and I’m certain that I went with the right warranty company. One of my favorite things when it comes to verbally dealing with ahw is that I get to talk to the same rep every time, which causes less headache and confusion for me. Every time I call, my personal rep answers the phone and knows exactly who I am.

Toya Durham, NC

The rep was very courteous and gave a detailed, but yet, quick overview of the plans. I chose this company because of the positive reviews on various reputable websites (seems like this company is committed to high quality customer service), and the competitive pricing. I loved that my information was already in the system from the online quote that I completed, so the purchasing process only took a couple of minutes which included the couple of questions that I had. I also love that the fact that I can cancel at anytime if I find the service unfavorable. So far, I am pleased my with experience. The only thing I have yet to experience is the claims process, so we shall see on that part.

Jerry Fuller Van Buren, AR

Im a vendor trying to collect payment for authorized repairs from AHW for over 6 months. Did work in good faith and now fighting to get paid, if this is how they treat their vendors how do you think they will treat customers? and do you really want to do business with company like this?

JOSE MARTINEZ Colorado Springs, CO

Lot of headache to get things done, denied things without having all the facts. But after sort out they did what they needed. So I'm keeping them

Leonard Smith Kings Mountain, NC

They are not very good on keeping up to make sure a repair is being taken care of, leaving it up to the customer to follow up with the repair company.

Tyson Farmer Keller, TX

The claim process is easy and fast! No issues with receiving support with questions.

Merk Houston, TX

Terrible company. Claims are resolved very slowly; communication between the repair technician and AHW takes, at a minimum day, and, in one case, weeks. It's impossible to reach a supervisor without a call back, which takes days. If you miss a call back, you hafe to start the process all over again. Don't believe the sales hype you get handed. The company seems built on wearing-down the consumer so it won't have to pay claims.

Lorrie Kruse Montgomery, AL

Don't buy this. I prepaid until Jan 2023. I found out today that they made an "executive decision" to cancel my policy and WONT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. They are STEALING about $700 from me. I have not filed claims that exceed my 3 years of premiums. HOW DO YOU CANCEL AND NOT OWE THE CUSTOMER FOR THE UNUSED PART OF THE CONTRACT. I will post this EVERYWHERE. DONT BUY IT. They dont severe 1 star.

Kathy Price Dallas, TX

Garage door opener wasn’t openning so amazon got my someone 2 days later. The technicians was knowledable and arrived on time.

Matthew Bell Dallas, TX

Very quick response. Service rep came out within 48hrs and completed the job. Great service great communication and job well done. Thanks.

Cara Dixon Denver, CO

I am very happy with the services AHW provided us.They have vast list of items covered. Well trained technicians. Always there when you need them.

Meggan Lupi

AHW are true professionals. They respond on time and are easy to work with. Very pleased with my home warranty thus far.

Chris Cormier

Steve at AHW customer service was great to work with he was very patient and made sure that all our claims are addressed.

Susan Ohle Dallas, TX

I can trust amazon home warranty. They repaired my dishwasher and oven in the last year. Impressed with their customer service too.

Rosby Gordon Sandersville, GA

I took my time to compare several home warranty companies AHW offered a lower price and better service than any of the ones I compared them with

Rick Rhoads Miami, FL

Sign up was easy, my first claim went as smooth as can be, and the bottom line is I only paid my service fee. Hopefully this is how it will always be