AHW Home Warranty

6.7

Joel

They took the time to explain their warranty and did not bug the heck out of you.

Marc

I've used them twice now, and both times they covered my claims in a timely manner!

Mike Block

Very easy to work with and has always kept their word. Yes i have filed 3 claims.

Gilbert

Professionalism, knowledgeable and direct with information. No complaints with service.

Lauren

Very responsive and good contractors. Always someone who will answer your call and return your call

Ira Gatson

Professionalism timeliness & response! When you call them with a claim they respond immediately!

Chivaun Philpot Lawrenceville, GA

Sold me with false information. I referred many of my clients to them and they have highly disappointed the most recent one and I will be cancelling mine as well as the rest of my clients.

M Abe Casa Grande, AZ

I just signed up, the process was painless and hopefully I will not have to use the policy, but it's nice to have peace of mind if I need to.

Rojas McCully ,

This is the worst company I have ever worked with!! They give you the complete run around. They don’t call back when they say they will. They don’t cover even a fraction of what the actual cost is... and that’s IF you can get them to actually cover something. They do everything in their power to avoid and discredit the customer and the providers THEY recommend! This is by far the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with!! Save yourself time, money and your sanity and DO NOT USE choose this company!!!

Rajnesh Tangri Cincinnati, OH

The first time using Amazon Home Warranty - AWEFUL is all I can say. My house heater is stopped working. Called in a claim. For no reason they flagged my issue as a preexisting condition with no basis / explanation and declined my claim. I had the system working until 4 am and I called in a claim at 10 am. This company is a sham, take your business elsewhere.

Paul Jackson Fort Worth, TX

Amazon Home Warranty service is not good at all. When you make a claim, a contractor is emailed to you, and that's the end of it. You need to call the contractor and explain the problem, without ANY idea of weather it's covered or not. I've been stung 3 different times for uncovered parts on items that I'm paying coverage for. I have a spa, and it is tripping the breaker, so that was what the original call was for. It's not the breaker, bur the spa control system, "we'll sorry we don't cover that" was the answer. NOWHERE on their website does it list what's covered and what is not. Customer service consist of overseas representatives trying to understand you, while talking right over you. When you call them back for updates to your claim, most of the time they have trouble even finding it. It's a very poorly run service department.

Mario G Cranbury, NJ

After 30 days of waiting period, I submitted a claim which was rejected without investigating it. the said that 1 week is not enough for a garage door to fail and they ignored that I paid already for a month prior that week. I got a local technician and it was an easy fix that costed me less than $100 and parts needed to be changed. the bottom line they did not investigate the claim at all and when I asked their agent what is the reasonable time for any system or appliance to fail he refused to answer. he only said it is not expected to do so soon. I guess they want me to pay for 6 months or more without using the warranty before i submit a claim which may or may not approved. Note they don't cover most of the stuff you will need Like boiler tanks, stoppages and clogs in drain and sewer lines that cannot be cleared by cable or caused by root invasion; caused by foreign objects such as, but not limited to, sanitary wipes, toys, bottle caps, etc.; bath tubs; toilet lids and seats; sinks; faucets and fixtures and much more. Most of the stuff expected to fail are not covered. I am canceling it today after paying for 2 months for nothing in return.

V Woods Basking Ridge, NJ

Thanks for contacting me regarding my home warranted expiration I am happy to know if I should require a repair on an appliance I’m covered under your plan.

Nagesh Naik New York, NY

I just brought Amazon Home Warranty. Kenneth P helped me with the whole process. He took time and effort to explain me with the policies and making me comfortable.

Marcus Greeley, CO

Very professional and very caring staff. When you hire good people, and treat them right, this is what you get. Great service and thus a great company.

LV RN ,

The representative I spoke with, Tim D, was professional, respectful, responsive and assisted me throughout the whole process--making it easy and efficient. Thank you!

Steven fontaine Columbia, MD

I’ve been paying my monthly premium a while now and the first time I go to use the insurance; they don’t cover dog poop! Anything with the word leak forget it ! The refrigerator man came out and asked me what seems to be the problem? I told him it’s not keeping a thing cold. Oh I know what the problem is no Freon. Never checked the compressor took pictures and told me this is all we do. And then left. He got $75 for nothing and god knows what he wrote because Amazon says they don’t cover leaks! Then they want you to rate their service which was horrible! I am going to report them to the better business bureau, for each claim they failed to fix. They don’t cover hot water heaters like the advertisements show. I had to pay out of pocket $990.. two faucets that leak. I will have to come out of pocket and the refrigerator ; because some imbecile wrote the word leak. Drop them fast as you can!!

Raymond Mouse Loudon, TN

Very professional, very knowledgeable with great customer skills. Lead me through the process with no problems. Wish all customer service personnel were this helpful.

Sheri Van Dyke Pittsburgh, PA

I'm just in the beginnings of my dealings with AHS, I just signed on; but Steve W, the rep, was very patient & professional about answering my questions..

Linda Faehnrich Denver, CO

We had the fan go out on our air conditioner and Amazon Home Warranty sent out a repair company 4 days later which said they charge $1,100, but Amazon HW will only pay $800! Their customer service person told him he would ask his manager but wouldn’t have an answer until Monday for the additional cost! Problem is it was on a Friday and had been 100 degrees everyday so we told him we would pay the difference and wait for Amazon to pay us back! Ended up he wouldn’t do it unless we paid the $1,100! Now Amazon denied the claim saying the service guy didn’t get it approved before the work was completed! We are seniors on a fixed income and this is not acceptable! It isn’t our fault and we did not hire this company to do the repair, Amazon HW did! Now all we get is the run around! We would’ve been better off not paying $500 for the warranty and fixing the Air Conditioner ourself!

Domingo Gomez Miami Beach, FL

Thorough and easy to understand explanation of benefits. Competitive pricing. Agent kept asking if I had any questions and answered to my satisfaction

scottinatl Marietta, GA

I have had them for a year and they are FRAUD. 100% Fraudulent. I have a BBB complaint open for months. They say they cover A/C failures, but they do not. They will deny your claim, make you jump through hoops, then deny your claim. then they will go back-and-forth and if you keep pushing you will have some rude person call you back and tell you "I will keep saying your claim is denied, I will not listen to you until it gets through to you we are not covering your a/c repair". If you go with these people, you will spend countless hours arguing with them and in the end you will have NO COVERAGE. Do not believe their claims. They deny everything and even their own contractor said the same thing, as he miss-diagnosed the system to support them denying the claim. I had an a/c go out. They sent a guy out who said it was "tape" and he wouldn't have done it that way. AHW denied the claim based on "faulty prior work". Said i could get a 2nd opinion. I did. It turned out the condenser coil had failed due to age and was leaking. They left the guy on hold for an hour after they said to "send pictures of the unit then have tech call in". AHW said they would call him back. They never did and denied the claim for "rust". I called back in and said when are you going to call him back? They said they'd have dispatch call him and me. Never did. I finally called and they got a "supervisor" who called me on the phone and said "I am going to say this repeatedly to you until you hear it and stop calling. Your claim is denied. We don't want to listen to your tech or call him because we have made our decision". I opened a BBB complaint with all of the supporting documentation. They wait until the response period is about to expire, then reply to the complaint with useless exclusionary items. "After reviewing the techs report and the images sent by the tech, as per AHW terms this claim was denied correctly." NO WHERE DO THEY SAY HOW IT FITS THEIR EXCLUSIONS--and you cannot take a picture of a leaking evaporator coil that is in the closet and inaccessible up in the inside a/c unit. It's impossible to do, but yet they claim they have "reviewed the pictures" 1.Systems Plan A. Central Air Conditioning Systems NOT COVERED: Filters; condenser casings; registers and grills; water towers; humidifiers; chillers; electronic air cleaners; window units; non-ducted wall units; mini-split wall units; gas air conditioning systems; water evaporator coolers; swamp coolers; evaporator coil pan; condensate pumps; thermal expansion valves; all exterior condensing, cooling and pump pads; disconnect boxes; roof mounts, jacks, stands or supports; cost for crane rentals; electronic, computerized, and manual systems management and zone controllers; commercial grade equipment; refrigerant conversion; leak detection's; water leaks; drain line stoppages or drain pans; maintenance; rusted and/or corroded coils; component short to ground; noise without a related mechanical failure; improperly sized units; air conditioning with mismatched condensing unit and evaporator coil per manufacturer specifications; or improper use of metering devices (i.e. thermal expansion valves).

drddoll Columbus, OH

NOT AMAZON!! Do NOT use this company! They come up with new reasons for NOT paying the claim! They took my payments and 6 weeks into my policy, past the 30 days grace period, my pool and filter needed to be repaired. They claimed it was "denied " because it was a "pre-existing condition "!! It's a Hayward DE Filter!! It just died from normal use. Even after 2 independent companies came and wrote their opinions, they STILL DENIED my claim! And they are the sole arbitrator and have the ONLY & FINAL decision regarding the claim!! The customer service is horrible and rude! Even they can't explain why they won't honor the policy!! Don't WASTE your money. Find a better company! Read and heed the ⚠️ WARNINGS!!

Twinmom11 ,

Our coverage doesn’t start until next month. So I can’t tell you how that is. But dealing with the representative was by far a better experience than other home warranty companies we have dealt with.

Maria Bella Birdsboro, PA

Brad E is fantastic!! He answered all of my questions, was patient as I sorted through details, and made me feel confident that AHW will be there if a warranted item fails.

Jt Stone Albuquerque, NM

James C was phenomenal highly recommend this company. Its was a breath of fresh air after the experience I just went through with my prior company. I cant thank you enough.

AMAZONHOMEWARRANTYFRAUD London, KY

I STRONGLY STRONGLY SUGGEST TO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! THEY NEED A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!!!!!! ANYONE WANT TO JOIN?!!!! We have ALWAYS kept a home warranty. My old policy was set to expire the end of May. After hearing a class action was coming against the company we were with, we decided to switch. HORRIBLE IDEA!!! We made the switch the beginning of May so that there was no lapse. We went with Amazon because we THOUGHT it would be a good company! We were WRONG!!! Our first claim was not until mid July, far past the required wait time, but there site says if you have a policy in place, they waive the 30 day waiting period. Liars... We called them out for a SIMPLE microwave repair that should have been simple and COVERED. The claim was denied! When I called, the agent was EXTREMELY RUDE... asinine.. She said the unit was old, the UNIT was purchased in 2016 and I read to one of the reps from THEIR website where it says "regardless of AGE" They are a fraud and a scam!. She then said, it was preexisting. I said, I JUST had a policy and the service call fee was only $45, if there was something wrong with it then, I would have called, had them GLADLY fix it and paid the $45 instead of $60! THEN, after seeing this was our FIRST claim and how I was being treated, I said "Why don't you just give me my full refund back, and I will find a home warranty company that cares about customer service" She said, "There is an early termination fee" I asked how much it was (she put me on hold another 30 minutes after I had already waited 47 minutes to talk to someone). She came back on and said I would only get a refund of $118.00 when I had JUST paid $480. My EXACT words to her was "Well, I'm not going to do that" she said do you want to cancel, I said "No, I will just keep it and make sure to write my reviews" The NEXT day, I found out she CANCELED my policy!!!! canceled it! After I specifically said NO, I put no cancelation in writing, NOR verbally!. I called and it went to the escalation department where I talked to Stacy, a manager several time. Seriously the most fake person I have talked to in my life. She just patronized me acting like she cared but the smugness was not hard to detect. I demanded they listen to the whole conversation, that they HEAR exactly what I said, and that they reinstate my policy. I also said, that rep should be FIRED. After my 3rd call BACK trying to get my policy reinstated, Stacy told me they listed to my call and my policy was canceled, that I could buy a new one! I paid for the policy, PLUS the $60 service fee and my unit that SHOULD have been covered did NOT get fixed so they STOLE $422 from me. If I knew I said something different, I would NOT have urged them to listed to that call! She said, we did listen to the call and you said you wanted to cancel. I also said I wanted a full refund of that if I did! I said, you did not FULLY listen to that conversation. I said, I have had home warranties for 13 years and NEVER IN MY LIFE had this kind of trouble EVER....NOT ONE TIME!!! They NEED and are going to get their pants sued OFF!!! I have read other reviews, this seems to be a common problem and they can NOT continue to treat people like this, STEAL from clients, NOT honor their WEBSITE and contracts! and fraudulently cancel policies and keep customers funds!!!! They have NOT heard the last from me! for SURE!

James Marhover Mansfield, OH

Avoid at all costs. I got the three year for $1,500 plan. Six months into it my AC stopped working. Put in a Claim # on May 24th, 2020. It is now July 20th and I have not yet got a tech to come to the house and every time I call they tell me someone will call me back later the same day. I have never got a call back. I want to ask to have it canceled and money returned and no one is able to talk to me about that and no one has the ability for me to talk to any one about it. Everyone can't do anything other than tell me that someone will call me back later and no one ever calls back later. If I could give zero stars I would.

James C Phillips Baton Rouge, LA

your review of Amazon Home warranty was a big bust. They have little or no one to service the calls in Baton Rouge. They kept saying someone would be here. Finall after several calls and was about to use my only plumber they shown up. It took more than a week to get a answer that they determine it was not covered. But I compare them to other Home Warranty and they all covered it, but AHW. When you call for service it takes at least 45 minutes for then to answer the phone and I spent more than a hour one time. Do not use these people, they let you think it part of Amazon, they do not!. the only reason I have then one star you can not give then 0 stars

Matt Fort Worth, TX

DO NOT GET AMAZIN HOME WARRANTY. It takes 2-3 days for them to assign a vendor in my AC, twice. Same with my pool issues. After that it took them two days to approve or deny the claim. They denied my larger claim in my AC due to a dirty OUTSIDE condenser. It had some dirt. It’s been cleaned before. It was not spotless. They used this as a way to deny. “Dirty” is subjective unfortunately, and they denied it because of this. Every vendor they sent for all repairs thus far are really hacks and I can see why they need to do cheap labor for a home warranty company. I thought my last warranty company was bad(HWA) but Amazon wins the home warranty cop-out award. I’m done with home warranties. They really don’t make sense financially in the long run and you won’t get good service wherever you go. It’s been my experience that it’s really a crap-shoot whether they will repair something or not and they can always find a way out of the repair. Not to mention you will be waiting 4-5 days to find out they won’t cover items. DO NOT GET AMAZON HOME WARRANTY.

Diane Smith Raleigh, NC

My A.C. system was pouring water out underneath which has soaked my bedroom carpet and is going underneath my new laminate floor which was replaced 3 weeks ago. I did not report this to the warranty company. I paid the plumber myself and bought a new hot water heater and had it placed. The water damage took out my pantry cabinets, pantry floor, kitchen and almost all of living room floor. The laminate has been replaced in these areas as well as the hallway floor. At no time have I seen any ice on the coil. The A.C. was cooling. I called Reliable air conditioning and a tech.came out last Thursday and determined it was not the drain system.. An estimate was to be given Friday pm. I called warranty company while tech was here and it was noted by representative of Amazon that it was preferred that they choose the company. I had already paid $89 to Reliable A.C.. Amazon got.back by email about lunch on Friday with a A.C. contractor. When I had not heard from them in a few hours, I called them ( Sears) and they came out and did their review. They were 2 of them and they were constantly talking to each other , trying to see what was the matter. The main one stated something about low free on and icing up. Again I mention that no ice has been noted anywhere on the coil or elsewhere. I paid them $75. They placed a call to Amazon and no authorizing person there to take care of issue. SAIRS stated he would call Monday morning and then call me. They also left AC on which starts water dripping again. I turned off the AC again. When I had not heard anything, I called Amazon and they called SAERS and stated it was being routed to a person who does the authorizations. I am still waiting. I do want to mention that we are using box fans and ceiling fans. My husband is a hospice patient and on oxygen. This was relayed to Amazon on each phone call. I do want to mention that outside A.C. unit is a 2006. The inside unit was worked on last year extensively and the coil is rusty in many places. I will update as Amazon and repair is completed. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you, Diane Smith Auburn, GA. 30011

Charles Corsello Stratford, CT

I have been with AHW since 1/15/20. I have found it impossible to get anyone on the phone. When I do, I am always disappointed. My stove went down on 2/15/20. it needed a new fan. I called in the claim on 2/16/20 and they wouldn't pay for it saying it was a preexisting condition. I paid for the repair myself. On May 27th, my LG washing stopped working. I called and two days later they assigned the job to a company from NYC, 60 miles away. Who, by the way was clueless about LG washing machines. When I called an complained that I really didn't want a guy from NYC in my house they made an excuse that because of Covid 19, it is difficult to get a local contractor. I went to LG.com and found four factory authorized companies within 10 miles of us. The local guy came the next business day to assess the work and give us a quote. I have been on the phone, on hold with AHW for the last two days trying to get authorization for the repair. To date I have been unsuccessful in getting anyone from the authorization department to answer the phone. Meanwhile, we are without a washing machine and they don't seem to care. Looks like I am going to pay for this repair myself --- again. Really? Why am I giving them $45.00/month?

Crystal Johnson Owings Mills, MD

Well i thout i was choosing a great company Amazon a pretty reliable company got this policy infact i have 2 homes covered last November had to file my 1st claim in May. My freezer thats located in my garage noticed some food item were not frozen and on some were called made a claim. Two day later contractor comes out looks at freezer i tell him whats going on he says air not flowing properly is freezer fid more than usually yes since pandemic got a little extra . He checks bk with a flash light say your compressor going up advise its expensive they wont pay for repair but will probably offer you ck for value I'm like ok. Wait days to hear from Amazon nothing finnally call they tell me my claim denied what why your line has a blockage who said that not what technician told me nor is that whats on my receipt for repair. My freezer is about 12 yrs old why is not possible that it just was getting tired how does a freezer sitting in a garage by itself now have a blockage in line any ecxcuse to deny a claim. Oh when i ask why all the manager could say was ma'am i can tell you were to look in your policy to find what covered how rude that like that helps any during a pandemic when no freezers are even available for purchase. I officially hate Amazon and will be cancelling my policy

JR Carmel, IN

Absolutely terrible. Our oven broke soon after moving in. The replacement part to repair the unit is unavailable/not made anymore, so the oven needs to be replaced. But, instead of paying to replace the oven, Amazon Home Warranty offered to pay $300, which is what they said was the amount for the part and labor... even though it's not possible to get the part. Also purchased the sprinkler system coverage for $50 more, and had an issue when we tried to open it for the year. Our quote was for about $1800 in repairs, but Amazon relayed that they cap the coverage at $200, and it doesn't cover the heads, only valves. I chose this policy because of the sprinkler system add-on, and it's now going to cost me thousands compared to any other home warranty company. I was told that all of this fine print information was made available to me AFTER I purchased the policy, which it was, and that I had 30 days to cancel the policy after it started in the event that I read through their terms and coverage and didn't like them. They certainly know that people aren't going to do this, trying to think of every possible what if scenario of things that could break and the associated costs of that, to see if the coverage was sufficient. Or check if the thousands of parts in their appliances that could break are still manufactured to see if Amazon's "replace only if parts are available but that still doesn't fix the problem" policy. This should have been explicitly communicated before buying the policy, whereas instead, the sales guy promised the world, despite knowing that this company is a borderline scam. Any other home warranty company we've worked with either fixed something that was broken, or replaced it if it couldn't be fixed. This is the only one that I've seen that includes fine print buried in documentation that you don't get until AFTER you purchase the policy, that gets them out of replacing units that can't be repaired. Absolutely ridiculous... will make sure none of my friends/family purchasing a home choose this company, and I obviously won't be renewing with them when the policy is up.

Patricia Niemeyer Henderson, NV

Representative Jesse R was knowledgeable and professional. I was very pleased with presentation and comfortable leaving American home shield after our discussion

JF Johnson City, TN

Amazon home warranty is the worst warranty company I've used. They are the 3rd company I've dealt with in five years. Their employees have zero organization skills and no interest in doing their actual job. In the beginning the sales staff lied and said anything to get your business. After filing two claims with them they haven't fixed ONE issue. I was told by their customer service there was a dozen contractors in my area that work with them. Which was also untrue. After paying out of pocket for 1st issue which was never fixed properly. The contractor told me they wont do business with Amazon based on the fact the contractors had to jump through to many hoops to get paid. Now I filed a claim on the 14th of April here it is two weeks later, the original contractor turned out to be a flake as well. The contractor never showed for appointment and wouldn't return phone calls. Then the Amazon employee told me they would assign this to a new contractor. Then said they couldn't find another contractor. That was five business days ago. Yesterday they told me they were able to get the flakey contractor to come out. Plus their employee claimed she would call today to confirm. The employee never called and the contractor has not shown up again. This company is garbage the employees are all incompetent so do yourself a favor and dont waste your time or money with Amazon Home Warranty!

David Bailey Elkhorn, NE

Our washer was acting up called Amazon who we have a contract with they contacted Sears who came out and fixed the brake which was not the reported problem, called Amazon back and was told a part had been ordered and would be delivered to our house at which point we could call Sears direct and they would come back and put it in. Waited 2 weeks no part arrived, called Amazon back and they called Sears to come back. Different tech this time said no part had been ordered and determined that the timer was bad and thru his checking found it is no longer available. This was turned over to Sears research team to see if they could find the part, they contacted Amazon to let them know it was not available. We had to call Amazon to find this out at which time I was told we would receive a check that would cover part of the replacement cost which we understood due to the age of our washer. Did not receive the check so called back and was told at that point it had just been approved, two weeks had passed, another week has passed no check so called again was told that she would see that the check be sent out and would guess it would take a week. This whole process started in February it was approximately March 3 that we purchased a new machine after we were told we would be receiving a check. It is now April 23 so needless to say we are very disappointed with this whole process. I find it very interesting that they want their money now when you sign up and they can’t reciprocate when they tell you they are sending you a check and the time frame is 30 days. To be honest am now researching other home warranty companies as Amazon should not expect us to renew Dave Bailey Omaha

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

David, we apologize for your frustration. Yes we admit that your claim took longer than usual and we apologize for that. However, when it comes to ordering parts for older units, it is simply out of our control. We hope you can understand that we as the service provider, do not have parts in stock and fully rely on our technicians for ordering and installing the required parts. Unfortunately, not even Sears was able to locate the specified part required to repair your out dated washer. Needless to say we accepted your service request and have issued a buyout. And may we mention that this is now the 4th approved claim in less than a year. We appreciate having you as a customer and look forward to serving you again in the future, AHW

Apr. 28th, 2020

Karla Hall Wetumpka, AL

No answers. No response. Standard Response to calls are 1 to 2 business days to help. Regardless of leaks continuing to cause additional damage. No 24/7 service. Answering service only. Claim submitted over 3 weeks ago, inspector came to determine the problem, and haven’t heard a word since. Submitted secondary claim for an a/c issue. They have not even responded to it at all. That was 6 days ago. Calls tonight during a storm resulted in “no one is working, we cannot forward your calls to an emergency line, etc”. This company is worthless and whomever recommends them, is in on the scam. Do not waste your money.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

Karla, i hope that you can understand that during this pandemic that we are in, response times all around have been taking longer than usual. However, our offices remain open from 9am - 7pm EST. and offer 24/7 online support and answering service for all of our customers. We are diligently doing our best coping with the current situation and we hope that our customers can understand that. Always here to help, AHW

Apr. 28th, 2020

John Wijaya Reston, VA

I purchased a house and closed on March 6, 2020. The seller agreed to pay for a home warranty, so I thought I'd look around online. Based on the reviews, I chose Amazon Home Warranty. The sign up process was easy enough, though the policy was issued 2 weeks later (03/21/2020) - I assume there was a delay from the seller. Anyway, so I got a confirmation, so far so good. This past weekend, 04/11/2020, I noticed there was a water stain on my basement ceiling. I tried to look where the water came from, and found out the water line to the dish waster was leaking. It was previously fine after moving in my new home for a couple weeks, and never had any issue. Obviously the problem just started after a few weeks. Why would I lie? I called Amazon Home Warranty to submit a claim on 04/12/2020. Initially I got an email confirmation, but the agent I spoke told me there was a problem on his screen. On 04/13/2020 morning I called again to confirm. The agent denied my claim because she stated that the contract won't start until 04/21/2020, which is a month later than the purchase date. Who would've thought?! Not only they denied my claim, they stated that they now have a record that my dishwasher has a pre-existing condition and I won't be able to claim any repair. I feel totally scammed. Obviously the dishwasher worked just fine for a couple weeks and just had an issue after the fact. Although the contract stated that the coverage would only start a month after the purchase, It made me believe that they lead the customer into this trap. This is something that a regular customer would get trapped into. I am very disappointed with this and please avoid this company.

Reply from AHW Home Warranty

John, We are sorry you feel this way but a 30 day waiting period is industry standard. It is the only stipulation we have on our policy that prevents us from covering pre-existing conditions whether known or unknown. I assure you that this process is the same with every home warranty provider in the industry. Because we do not require maintenance records or a home inspection, we offer a 30 day waiting period before coverage activates. Thank you for understanding, we look forward in assisting you in the future. Amazon Home Warranty

Apr. 14th, 2020

Rene corrie Garland, TX

Before I purchased an Amazon home warranty, I asked very pointed questions. I was told by by two actual sales associates that hot water heaters were fully covered. No limits. Full replacement regular wear and tear. I also asked about pool motors, garage door openers, and my heating and a/c units. My hot water heater broke on Valentine’s Day. Water everywhere. I called my home insurance and Amazon. My home insurance had people to the house within an hour to mitigate damage. Amazon sent a good plumber to out home to fix water heater. When plumber called in to get approval from Amazon, he was told nothing was covered. The plumber was confused and handed the phone to me. Dan; the Amazon guy said not only was I not covered for regular wear and tear, but this call was being recorded and that insurance fraud was illegal and would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. He also told his own plumber the same thing. I called his supervisor,and was told the same thing. His two sales people were mistaken, hot water heaters were not covered for failure due to regular wear and tear. I was promised a copy of my contract. It has been three weeks, I am still waiting. The sales team was wonderful, they sounded helpful and knowledgeable, there is a breakdown between sales and approvals that cost me almost 1400.00. I will be pursuing this further

Anita McRae-Williams Bethesda, MD

WORST HOME WARRANTY COMPANY EVER! I supremely suffered with this company. They are incompetent in everything they do. They hire unprofessional people that are of no assistance whatsoever. I made the mistake of cancelling a great home warranty company to get with them for a better rate. WORST mistake of my ENTIRE LIFE. Their job is not to assist and they make every claim an effort to get customers the lowest service possible. Their contractors are unprofessional and scarey. Most of all, they OUTRIGHT LIE. My dryer caught on fire (3 year old Samsung) and the contractor deemed it a total loss and that they should reimburse me. After talking with 2 so called managers, I get this person name Angel in Consumer Services who is the BIGGEST LIAR OF ALL. He lied and said the serviceman did not deem it a total loss (COMPLETE LIE) and offered me the price of a dryer part (THAT IS UNAVAILABLE)...THUS a broken dryer and a part that can't be ordered. This was the solution. I opted for $250 as a settlement for the part. I had to wait 6 weeks for a check. When I called today to cancel my warranty, this same ANGEL LIAR is trying to charge me $1,200 in a cancellation fee (not in my contract) nor discussed during the sale and has already billed this egregious charge to my credit card company just seconds after hanging up the phone. He will not get this over my dead body!!!!! I don't understand how this company stays in business. I am sure due to the many complaints they are in litigation everywhere. I will make it my duty to share on all social media platforms how pathetic, incompetent and sleazy they are! #THE WORST!

Here's Johnny Mooresville, NC

Horrible company! I was talked into this sham of a home warranty by AHW sales rep over the phone and told it was the same as American Home Shield=had them for 6 years. It most definitely is NOT the same. After at least 60 days my hot water heater broke, repair tech recommended new hot water heater since it was 20 yrs old. He said most last about 10 yrs. AHW notified me to read the contract because they pay to repair hot water heaters but don't replace them. A few months later my dishwasher broke, repair tech notified AHW that the part was no longer available. So AHW's solution is to send me a check for the amount that the part would cost IF it was available($250). I said, what the hell am I supposed to do with $250? They said put ot towards a new dishwasher, AHW does not pay for new appliances. I called the technician and asked about it...he said if the part was available for him to repair it would cost $750...not $250. I called AHW with my frustration and was told "Life isn't fair." So then I asked how do I cancel this policy. When I asked that question I was threatened with LEGAL Action and was told that canceling after they write a check is illegal, and was told they would put a hold on the $250 check. When I told the lady I wanted to record what she just said to me she recanted/back peddled. She then told me for cancellation their is no phone number, only an email address. I emailed that email address a week ago to ask questions = no response. I got on this BBB site to file a complaint and a few days later a guy calls me from AHW. He was very assertive, uncaring and seemed happy that I had already paid for a year instead of month to month. This means that if I cancel after they write a check for a busted appliance then the amout of the check they wrote is deducted from the amount of refund I would receive. So, if I cancel with 7 MONTHS left I get zero $$ back. This puts all the risk on the consumer. Do not trust what the sales rep tells you, READ the contract! This home warranty is a sham.

Charles E BRAUN Manassas, VA

AMAZON HOME WARRANTY COMPLAINT I have been in Real estate for many years and have purchased many home warranties, mostly for my clients as a service I provide. So, I November 2019 after seeing adds for “Amazon Home Warranty” I thought amazon is a good company so I though I would switch the Amazon for my future purchases I purchased one for a client AND decided to purchase one for myself. Not knowing that “Amazon Home Warranty” has nothing to do with the reputable Amazon Inc Dec 15th at 4:05 First Call was made to the toll-free number Informed the tech the oven was cleaned the first week of Dec (around the 8th) and after that the top oven would not heat up any longer and we saw a F20 error code. In some research it said the code was either the temperature probe or control panel. Dec 16th, I received a text from tech for a Dec 17th appointment Dec 17th The tech turned the oven on Broil and continued to turn it down. The tech said it worked fine. I did keep telling him that the oven is not in working order. Maybe the broiler works but the over does not. Again, was told by the tech the over was fine. Dec 20th My husband, who had been on a business trip returned home, turned on the oven and of course it did not work. I text the tech and once again called the Amazon number. Was told nothing could be done until Mondays, Dec 23rd. (This is not 24/7 service). I asked to speak with a manger or supervisor and was told someone would call me back. I am still waiting! On Dec 23rd the same tech came out. This time my husband provided him with a code. The rest of this narrative is from my husband. When the tech arrived, I told him that if you turn on the upper oven that it immediately reads that it was at an internal temperature that it was not actually at. Normal operation it goes into pre-heat mode, whereas this was reading around 180 to around 190 in a COLD oven. The tech did a little diagnostic and said it was a control panel but since the control panel was expensive, I should just expect “Amazon Home Warranty” to just do a buy out! To preface this the oven while 5 years old now was a $2400 oven new still worth a minimum of $800 - $1,000 on the market today. Sure enough when I called (They did not call me) I was offered $415.00 dollars to go away, I argued the fact that this was absurd off do to the market value of the oven, after much arguing the person I was speaking with agreed to order the control panel (which surprisingly was $415.00. A few days later the same tech came back to install the control panel. As I watched and observed, the tech replacing the control panel I could tell he was just guessing at what he was doing because he took apart much more than he needed to, an experienced tech would have known exactly what to remove. But OK that wasn’t a big Red Flag but I was more observant after that. While replacing the panel there was a “jumper” that needed to be removed from the old panel to the new panel, “I” had to point it out to the tech. After replacing the panel and we tried the oven there was no change. So, the tech went out to his car and brought in a generic temperature probe. Since this was a generic probe, he CUT off the factory connection and wired it in. We tried the oven again, this time it looked promising, it did read pre-heat but than shortly after it totally shut done. The tech said he did not know what else to do, so he put everything back as it was accept NOW he had to also cut the other end of the old probe to wire it back in. Said the Amazon home Warranty would contact me about next steps. After a few days I had to call Amazon Home Warranty. To spoke with a woman who’s name I cannot confirm, I believe it was a Stacy who said she WAS a supervisor, (but I hope you can because she was “Extremely” condescending on the whole call). Her first statement was that it was a pre-existing problem therefore they were Done with me and would not pay anything! I asked how that was possible and her statement was (slightly paraphrased) “an oven doesn’t become un-reparable just a short time after a warranty starts. I argued that “It was electrical, and any electrical part could go out at any time”. She kept insisting that it was pre-existing, and she was not going to pay anything, leaving me with a supposedly un-repairable oven according to Amazon Home Warranty and no compensation. Oh, she did finally offer to give me a free service call in the future which in her tone she knew was an insult! After that and after I calmed down and though over everything that the tech had done, I was thinking about how it ALMOST worked when he put in the Generic probe. So, I ordered a GE factory probe and replaced it. SUPRISE the un-repairable oven with the Pre-Existing condition works fine now and for only $20.00.

Khalil Brock Spring, TX

AHW is the best, customer service is awesome, they make sure your problem is taken care of promptly. I have been a member for 2 years and can say I am truly satisfied

William Tomball, TX

We never had no problems with this company. When we call, a representative set us up with a repair company near our area. So, we are satisfied with our services.

Felisia English Harrisonburg, VA

I gave them a 1 because I couldn’t give them anything less. This is a horrible company to go with. I had a issue with my heat /HVAC unit. They sent a contractor that ordered a part but that part was not the right part but I never heard from him again. The sent a second contractor and they could come for 2 weeks and then they sent a 3rd contractor that never showed up or called. I requested to use my on contractor and they approved this contractor. After further delays from Amazon Home Warranty they decided to deny my claim. The customer service and the authorization department is terrible. I not sure who they use for contractors but they don’t seem to reliable either.

Pete Wolf Gallatin, TN

With the starting of a new year I decided to change home warranty companies and give Amazon home warranty a try. Around a week ago my wife was making some lunch in our microwave and it stopped working she told me it made a sizzle sound and then started making a humming sound she turned it off right away. When I came home I checked the microwave to see what it was doing and it had a humming sound that was coming from the microwave that was not normal. I called Amazon and had them have a authorized repair person come out and take a look at my microwave he said that the magneto or magnet part whatever it’s called was bad and needed to be replaced and that other components with it had failed as well due to that. Upon him turning this information into Amazon. I contacted Amazon the next day to follow up to see what their decision would be and was told that because it was not a normal failure by a microwave that they would not be covering it. I asked the representative what would they consider a normal failure I mean if they use this terminology to decide if things get repaired or not they could use that on every item in my house when it breaks. For instants I use this as a hypothetical if my air conditioner went out and I had them come out and take a look at it and they said well it was a multi component failure and it’s not a normal failure we can’t cover that. This answer does not make sense to me at all it was a normal failure the microwave quit working due to a failure and they do not want to cover it. If you listen to their recording when you call into Amazon they say rest assured if your appliance fails we’ve got you covered the answer in my opinion is no they don’t have you covered be wary of buying this home warranty.

Tony Blokdyk Lake Havasu City, AZ

So far I don't have to many nice things to say about Amazon Home Warranty. I have a pool problem (leak) that they don't like to resolve do to the expense to fix it. They offered to pay me $200 that I accepted but never received the money. They don't replied to my emails and don't return my phone calls. I ended up with another pool pump problem and they don't even want to acknowledge the issue. I have talked to their pool contractor that they recommended with no luck . They even the contractor told me that Amazon is not answering their phone calls or is trying to service my problem. The service is horrible. In the meantime I'm trying to solve these problems myself. I have paid Amazon for a whole year upfront. When it comes to expensive repairs you better be prepared, they will have all kinds of excuses not to pay for any repairs . I was hoping since Amazon claims to have a BBB rating that they are better then the ones I had before. WRONG they are all the same. Is a Home Warranty worth having? I don't think so.

Cindy Sandusky, OH

Amazon home warranty is a scam. I made a claim because my pool was not working properly. Didn’t hear from them for several days until I called them an they told me they denied my claim because they think it’s a pre existing condition. I asked to speak with a supervisor and I told her I wanted to cancel my warranty since they denied me service. The manager told me they will do courtesy exception and offer to pay 50 percent of the repair bill. They also told me they will pay for the service fee. I went ahead and scheduled the appointment with the pool company...not only they did not pay the service fee but they also denied my claim because they said it was a pre existing condition. ..this people are liars...I went ahead and canceled my warranty and they only refund me $422 out of $680. There was no explanation on the refund bill for any deductions. I was only with them less than a month. Stay away from this company...do your homework before purchasing a home warranty.

Scott Bullhead City, AZ

I recently made a Heat Pump service call and Amazon Home Warranty failed me and my tenant every step of the way. It was so bad, I decided to cancel all 4 of my policies after 3 months. I was told I could cancel my policy at any time when I signed up. Each of my policies cost $450 per year, or $1800 (up front). Amazon earned 12 months of premium (4 policies x 3 months), or 1/4 of the policy premium. That leaves 36 months of unearned premium. For some reason, I received only a $225 refund, I should have received $1350. Amazon did not explain how the refund was computed and would not provide me this information. Angel Santiago, a director, would not provide the refund explanation, and when I pressed him, he referred my issue to his boss, who can’t defend his companies breach of contract and illegal refund policy. This company’s procedures and policies are flawed. 1) They don’t have closed loop communication. The first time i called about this issue, I never received any followup communication. It turns out, the company never went out and they didn’t know it. 2) They don’t pay the contractors. You do. You have to pay the contractor the deductible and then pay again at the end of the job, without knowing if the insurance will cover the repair. You must submit your invoice to them for review. 3) They sent out a non-licensed contractor. 4) They declined his repairs and didn’t find an alternate service, so my tenant was stuck. 5) I hired a contractor myself and he found that the previous person, the unlicensed contractor sent by Amazon, misdiagnosed the issue completely and had wired things wrong. He found the source of the problem and could fix it for 1/3 the previous estimate, and they declined to pay him! 4) They dont work weekends. I called for a status update and was told they were closed and could only accept new service requests for Monday processing? 5) My policy deductible is $60. Yet I was charged $75 by the technician because it was dispatched with that amount. Amazon accepted responsibility for the error but did not refund me. 6) Long wait times. If you have a problem, you will need 1 hour to wait on hold. 7) Computers always down. Many times I was told the computer is down or slow And they couldn’t answer my questions or perform basic functions. Stay away. I am filing complaints with the BBB and Consumer Affairs. These guys are incompetent and must be close to failing. Don’t take the chance because their $5 less than AHS.