Vivint

9.9

Visit Site 1-(855) 866-8028

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Jenny Palmdale, CA

The best thing about using Vivint for home security is that it's convenient. I think part of the problem with customer service is that they've outsourced and sometimes English is difficult to them and I can't understand what they're saying.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback , Jenny! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

James

It's nice to be secure. They are doing a really great job. I can access it from my phone anywhere. It lets me know what it going on. I really like that I can turn it off as we’re coming home or going out. If I have issues, they resolve them right away. We are not left hanging. Everything has worked out.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, James! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

N Birmingham, AL

Whenever I call customer service, the people I’ve spoken with have been great. They are very good about explaining. If I call and leave a message, they are very prompt about calling me back. I like the equipment too. The panel is a very good feature and I love the connection with my phone.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Claude Pittsburgh, PA

Even though we live in a good neighborhood, I’d rather have it and not need it than not have it. The system is efficient and easy to operate. If there are any issues, I call tech support and they walk me through it but problems are far and few between.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Claude! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Rafael Humble, TX

Vivint is the best security company to me. They are a little pricey but it is worth it. I feel secure in my home and if there is a problem, I can call them and they help me with any problem as soon as I call. I am very happy.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback , Rafael! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Stephanie Adams Washington, DC

My experience with Vivint has been pleasant they always resolve any complaint in a timely manner and if there is a problem with any equipment they will make the repairs in a timely manner I recommend others to use the services because they are an excellent service and the system is use to use and if there is an alarm they have the officers to come by and check it out.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Stephanie! We are so glad to hear about your experience and how you're loving your system.

Margaret Xenia, OH

The best thing is knowing I'm being protected 24 hours. Vivint's customer service is prompt and knowledgeable. My system used to be better because the thermostat goes through batteries now like every 2 months and with the last one (the older model), I could replace them once every year, year and a half. Financing equipment is a very good and welcome feature that they offer. The fact that my bill will also go down after I'm done paying for the equipment is just a welcoming change and I know other competitors don't offer that kind of support.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Margaret! We are so glad to hear about your experience and how you're loving your system.

Stephanie

My Vivint system gives me peace of mind being able to know when I get package or visitor, knowing if I leave, that my house is secure, and uhm it's very easy to manage it on my phone as well as on the go. Every single time I have to reach out to them--whether it's for questions or how do I undo something or how do I change the battery or where to find it--no matter what the issue is, they've always been quick to answer and give me exactly the solution I need.

Kenisha Bethea Durham, NC

I have been very pleased with my Vivint services. I am now noticing since the app update (new color) that there is a delay in the doorbell dectection and app/phone notification. The delay varies but can be significant, to the point that the person who was in the view of the doorbell is heading back to their cars or street by the time I am notified via the app. Please fix this bug. That was not the case prior to the app update.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Kenisha. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with the app and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Mar. 4th, 2021

Ruth Montgomery, AL

I had a different company and Vivint had the features I was looking for. Their technician that came out took the time to make sure I understood what I need to understand. I have confidence in the system. They are quick to respond no matter how big or small an issue is. They have fulfilled their obligation. They make me feel like a valuable customer. It seems to be doing everything it is supposed to. I am quite pleased.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Ruth! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Christian Wilson, NC

My favorite part about Vivint is that they have a phone app that I can turn my system on and off from. When I have used customer service, they have responded quickly. The only thing I would say is that sometimes they run specials where you get items for free if you're a new customer like let's say a very inexpensive webcam but if you're a current customer, you're not eligible to get those same good deals so it would be nice if they would offer existing customers either free or greatly discounted items like they do for new customers.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Christian! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Sandy Savannah, GA

The people that I've dealt with in the customer service area have been really good and helpful and the technicians they've sent out here have all been very professional and know exactly what they're doing. The equipment is really good that I am vision impaired and it would be better if they had some kind of software available to make it easier for someone who's visually impaired.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Sandy! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Sandy Savannah, GA

Sherri Santiago Iowa City, IA

I love everything about it. It makes me feel safe when I am not home and more importantly when I am. I love that I can see who is at my door before I answer. I can communicate with people via the app without having to be face to face. With the app on the phones my husband and daughters can also get alerts so they can see if anything is wrong. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a way to stay safe in secure in todays world.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback  Sherri! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your equipment and how you're loving your system.

Mary Shawnee Mission, KS

I called with a question on how to change a battery and they were able to answer the question for me. It is a little bit expensive, more expensive than what we were using before, but that's okay. I like the screen because it's easy to use and I like the email with the summary of how we were doing. Those are things I've never had before and I like them.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Mary ! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your equipment and how you're loving your system.

Robert Oak Ridge, TN

We have peace of mind with Vivint. We've been very happy with it; they've always worked well with us when we have problems and they help us just great. They've always been there when we needed them. At one point when we did need a technician to come to the house, I felt very confident that I could trust him. They've always been very helpful and solved our problems. Everything runs on batteries and when the batteries get low they help me figure out how to get the battery replaced. It lasts a long time and hasn't taken a lot of maintenance so Vivint equipment has worked well.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Robert ! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your equipment and how you're loving your system.

Harvey Washington, IN

I trust the system. I know when I'm gone is the home is safe. When I called, I got pretty quick response from them and they were able to diagnose my problem within a few minutes and I'm pretty happy with it. The equipment is obviously quality--when I put a battery in it I can count on it not draining for a long time--and I think that makes a good product.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Harvey ! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your equipment and how you're loving your system.

Richard C. Jasper, TX

We like Vivint, but there are two noncritial issues. One is with the installation of the front door bell the the existing bell-chime is not as loud, and some times is not heard. The second issue is closing/opening the garage door from outside. Previously we could be several feet, even a lot away, from the door and were able to open/close. Now we need to be within four feet.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Richard! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Bryan Ogden, UT

Great service, quick response when something goes wrong, hardware wise. The negative, system installation can ruin doorframes and/or doors with drilling into them to install sensors. Some times the app does not respond or lags up when it should not. Communication between Nest and control panel does not work properly. The cameras only rely on 120V electricity, if power fails or there is a power outage, there is no backup battery option for cameras. They only use 120V power and nothing from a chargeable source. With this, it limits the ability the camera can be used, because it requires a power source that is nearby.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback , Bryan! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Cameron Peterson Ogden, UT

The audio and video security systems cover a very wide range with very clear picture and sound. The customer service is 5 as well! I had to call because the monitors and control panel kept disconnecting from the internet and the immediately sent a service/repair person over that same day to come take a look and he ended up having to install a signal booster device (for free) which helped resolve this issue!

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Cameron! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Natasha Clarksville, TN

In the beginning I was skeptical because all 3 representatives messed up my installation order. Each representative screwed it up more & more, I know they were all trying to help but it didn’t lol. I do appreciate the effort and the great customer service, even when I was frustrated. Finally when the tech came, he was very helpful! Got me a discount for the hassle. & I really love the company despite the mishaps in the beginning!!

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback , Natasha. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  your services and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Feb. 9th, 2021

Happy Camper Argyle, TX

Excellent customer support and equipment is high quality! They do stand by their products and will replace them if needed. The app could use some work for IOS users as I have experienced some bugs. The option to pay up front is great, however it will hurt the wallet a bit. If you pay up front the monthly monitoring fee is very low. The equipment will not work if you stop paying so keep that in mind. Overall great company, products, and support!

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear about your experience with Vivint and how you're loving your system.

Jan. 19th, 2021

S Saint Petersburg, FL

Vivant has responded to all of my requests in a timely manner. All of their sales people, telephone supply and service technicians are very professional snd I have high regard for all of them. The biggest issue with the company that I have had is they try to trouble shoot over the phone too often and too much. I'm not sure it's due to Covid19 and pandemic but I have called needing service and I have to beg and plead to have a service person sent to my home. They try to get the customer to fix things that truly require a professional who understands security installation. Once I had to take a picture of a door jamb and the company thought they were helping by sending me the part- which was the wrong part anyway and had to send a service technician anyway. It's a waste of time!! On the positive side, I love the phone app and ability to open snd close my garage snd front door remotely! I think the service technicians are friendly, trained well, neat and tidy and very helpful!!!

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, S. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  your services and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Jan. 30th, 2021

Mr. James Carl Shields, Jr. Baltimore, MD

I would like for Vivint to do an independent review of its initial customer service call in lines. As a consumer I find it most prevalent that in calling into large company one speak or shall I say it an automated phone answering service. This service often when a caller is seeking to speak with a Person younare given another phone number or link sent to you to go to. Then there you dealing again with AI. You spend so much time being routed to everywhere but what you requested through the initial call. I believe if calls are recieved by a Person the caller would spend less time on a call to resolve the caller's problem. Thank you. I would like tonhear by about this issue that is near to my heart as I consider myself a true customer service oriented observer in all aspects of dealing with call backs to all companies.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback , James. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your services and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Jan. 31st, 2021

Jersey Calaycay Nurillo, TX

Vivint's products rival the brands out there in terms of quality. The app is easy to use, as well as the touch screen control center. The customer service, however, far exceeds any other company in the industry. I've had 3 different alarm companies, and after switching away from Vivint, I could not wait for my contract to end so I could switch back to Vivint. Cheaper service means exactly that. Vivint offers more for theirs.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback, Jersey! We are so glad to hear about your experience with your services and how you're loving your system.

Feb. 1st, 2021

Mariana Duenas Live Oak, CA

Great service and customer care. Always very attentive and their resolution is fair.

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Oct. 27th, 2021

Drew Gill Bel Air, MD

User friendly, high quality product. Great usage of the latest and greatest technology.

Oct. 27th, 2021

Ralph Mariscal Vallejo, CA

Been with them since they first took over our account. Have always been treated professionally.

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback, Ralph! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Oct. 21st, 2021

Patricia D Cruz Fairfield, CA

team is responsive to all alarms. The system is very user friendly and easy to manage.

Reply from Vivint

This is great feedback, Patricia! Please let us know if we can do anything to help you in the future. Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Oct. 21st, 2021

Kim Stepka Fort Smith, AR

It works and is pretty easy to operate. I like being able to see who is at the door.

Oct. 12th, 2021

Dorothy Rainey Waterloo, IA

This is the only security system I have owned. Since my purpose, I'm sure other systems are on the market.

Oct. 12th, 2021

Marva

When we moved back to California a year ago, we signed up with ADT because they were the first to come to our door and we had them for about a year and we were not happy. Vivint came and showed us the system and it was far superior to ADT. It costs a little bit more but we are happy with all the features. I like that we have full range in out backyard as well as our front drive way and patio. I like how clear everything is. I can hear people talking as well. We can zoom in and take pictures. I think it far superior to anything ADT has. They were very fast with the install. It was vert late in the day when we signed up and they did not leave until 10 PM that night. Customer service was nice when called about our front yard sign. I really do like them.

Cynthia Stidham

I don’t usually write such a long review but is important to me to share my experience with others about this company if they want to feel safe and secure and have a system that will really make them feel safe and would really benefit the home as well . They have excellent customer service they gladly help you with anything you need to know I don’t have to wait a really long time on the phone they get right to you and I really like that. Waiting on hold with music blasting in my ears for a long time it’s just the worst and so inconsiderate you don’t have to worry about that when David they get right to youI have done plenty of research and I don’t think there’s a better company out there other than Vivint, I have given Vivint the five star rating because they deserve it they have awesome product Before I was quite disappointed with the companies have tried in the past after I heard about this company I went online and gladly filled out the application online first and then I meetly receive a car which helped me to make my selection and understand what products they had available as I looked at everything online I got a good appointment they came by and explained everything to me show me how everything operated just marvelous and wonderful . The patients that they had the knowledge they had of their product and the young man share with me how much she really love this business and about the product so by him personally speaking of his love for all of this that was quite impressive too because he was very sincere . The first time I noticed this company was when I was visiting an old acquaintance I love the panel a clear picture that the Cameras captured , and I was quite impressed and I thought I want that company for security around my home inside and out as well . So I got the cameras I got the doorbell’s and I have the sensors inside , I will advise everybody and anybody to look into this company and their products I have tried many and I’m very pleased with Vivint , The Vivint Camera’s and camera doorbells are vividly clear day and night also It’s much more reliable than than other companies I’ve tried That has batteries you have to keep changing and if you have shade in an area you can’t use the solar, so the hardwire works a lot more perfectly for me and I recommend it it’s dependable that means a lot to me I don’t have to keep changing batteries especially if I’m out of town, I need to be able to be in touch with my home and my love ones there and my pets when I’m at work it’s important that the system always works for me it’s very disappointing and not advise by me to get a company who has a security system that works on a temporary battery that will die on you and will be no good to you when you need it they may offer solar but if your house is in the shade it will not charge that battery so I like the fact that this company uses your electricity and has a back up battery when necessary. I hope my review will help you make a good choice for this system you will be very happy to select The visit products. Look into it before you call so you can be well-informed and then make the call already have a plan in your mind what do you want to put everything they were even advise you if they have a better situation for you that would be beneficial for you your home and your family do you always glad to help whenever you call or contact them.

Sarah Berks Fayetteville, GA

Longtime customer here, and we've been very happy with everything. We have multiple cameras, garage controller, door locks, and I've installed nearly two dozen z-wave smart switches. Vivint integrated with Google Home flawlessly, and I've set up a dozen or so custom rules and actions through Vivint and a few routines in GH. The app functions way better than it used to, so they've obviously worked out most of the kinks. As for a use case, we were at the beach a couple years ago when I got an alert our fire alarm was going off at home. Vivint called almost immediately after the alert, and I had them get the fire department out there. I was able to talk to the FD through the doorbell camera and unlock all the doors so they could check things. It ended up being a false alarm, thankfully. I thanked them over the doorbell camera, cancelled the alarm, and locked the doors as they left. It gave me great peace of mind, and we had a great vacation.

Nancy

I just like the confidence that we have; I think for secure. I've already set it off twice unintentionally. One time I was making some bacon and set off the fire alarm and not only did our next door neighbor call to check on us but the one of the people from the fire department came out to check. We kept hearing a strange noise the other day and I thought it was one of our phones and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally I went over to the panel and it was saying that the batteries on the glass breaking sensor needed to be changed or were low and I don't know which one of the sensors is the glass breaker so I didn't know what to do about it.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Nancy. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with Vivint Smart Home and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Jul. 16th, 2020

Philip

My first time chanign the device settings, I wasn't quite sure how it worked. The man that sold it told me about it but I forgotten so I called up and I got immediate assistance and from that day forward I've been able to operate whole thing. At my age at 76, that's pretty good. You can operate it with your cell phone so if you forgot to set it when you left. you can just take your phone out and arm the system. You can also set the various settings for tones that you want to use in the house, you can change it from day to night. There are a lot of positive things and it's very simple to use. We had a tornado warning just a little while ago and it showed up on Vivint's master control box. Everything that was being told us on the television and radio, phone alerts, it all showed up on the control system box so I was very impressed and it was pretty neat to see.

Jennifer Lee

I've had a great experience with Vivint. I had issues with my cameras during the first week I owned them, but the tech came back very quickly and fixed the issue. I haven't had a problem with the cameras since - and that was two years ago. I also had an issue with my panel a few months ago and I was with customer service for over an hour on the phone and they were very helpful and patient. Fortunately, the issue was resolved and everything has been great. The only thing I would improve is the sensitivity of the cameras. Quite often, the cameras detect silly things like clouds that are moving quicker than normal in the sky or light changes - but often, it'll miss actual people in my driveway or other obvious motions that it should've picked up.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Jennifer! We are so glad to hear about your experiences with us and your system. When you have a chance, contact our chat team to get your referral code using this link:

Feb. 23rd, 2020

Julie

I've already recommended them to several people. The salesman that came to my house in Louisiana was very professional and explained everything to me. Customer support is always professional and eager to helpful if there are any questions. They really know all the ins and outs of system. The device is very good though there is an issue with the glass break sensor because if the door slams it is a little touchy but everything else is high quality. The camera had a very good picture and is panoramic so I can see all the doors that come into my house. I can check in on my kids while I am at work and make sure my teenager has the little ones going their homework and I can also talk to them through the camera system.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Julie! We are so glad to hear about your experiences with us. When you have a chance, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232 to get your referral code that can lead to great perks.

Mar. 8th, 2020

Venice

They are there 24 hours a day. Whenever I call, they've taken all the time I needed to help me figure out what I needed to do. I have actually lived in homes that had security systems from three different companies. I am most happy with the Vivint security system because I feel like it meets my needs and I can customize it any way that I need to meet my needs. I love the mobile app and how it works and the fact that I can put in a guest code or whatever I need to to make sure it fits our needs. I feel like it has few false alarms than the other companies I have dealt with. I like the fact that I can use it in my mobile phone so easily and efficiently.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback Venice! We are so glad to hear about your experiences with us and our service. When you have a chance, give us a call at 1-800-216-5232 to get your referral code that can lead to great perks.

Mar. 8th, 2020

Supermoj Centreville, VA

Just got off the phone with a guy named Bryce, in Customer Service. He was purposely unclear about the prices, and I was going based off the prices I saw online from other recent-dated blogs . He was suggesting an extremely expensive financing option, without telling me about the upfront cost. Not only was I not interested in financing, he kept flip-flopping the prices as the call went on. I've ready plenty of great reviews about Vivint, but Bryce single-handedly ruined my opinion of Vivint. He's a liability to the company.

Reply from Vivint

Supermoj, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Nov. 16th, 2021

Martin J Thomas Scottsdale, AZ

Avoid at ALL cost. This is the most disorganized and incompetent company I have ever dealt with in my 71 years. All they want to do is sell equipment. Then you are dealing with the most incompetent subcontractors. 2am -" I'm having an emergency! Vivint: How's your day been going? " It only gets worse. I wanted Security. Protection. Forget it. They still after months can't get it straight. Avoid.

Reply from Vivint

Martin, thank you for your feedback. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved.

Nov. 14th, 2021

Dwight Mount Olive, MS

They come when they say they will. The equipment does its job that supposed to do. The best part about it is the peace of mind.

Reply from Vivint

That's what we like to hear! We appreciate you giving us your feedback! Thanks for choosing Vivint to protect your home and family!  If you would like to refer a friend or family member, please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232.

Andre Jacksonville, FL

I haven't had any major issues since I had mine. Everyone is always respectful and tries to help me get to what I need to do. The cameras are great.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear about your experience and how you're loving your system.

Annac Houma, LA

It's easy to work with. Everytime I've called them they've done what I've wanted. I like my doorbell camera.

Nelda Amarillo, TX

I liked their salesman. They were very good when they installed the server. I like that I am secure.

Reply from Vivint

Thank you for the five-star rating! If you have any questions or comments please call us at 1-800-216-5232.

Ruby Covington, LA

It's a well made product. I like the visibility of the cameras. The equipment is easy to use. I get a rapid response.

Souadou Antioch, TN

The images are clear. I like that I can control the cameras. The sound is clear when I am talking to someone outside.

Lesbia Kenner, LA

When I needed to call them, the people answer me and help me even if I need it in Spanish. It protects my family.

John J McMillin Johns Island, SC

They have shown good customer.service the couple of times we needed it. Good company would recommend.

John Killeen, TX

I haven't had any problems thus far, however, I'm very impressed with the technology and the compatibility it has!!