Vivint Smart Home offers comprehensive home security and home automation solutions for more than one million customers across the United States. Vivint provides wireless home security systems with 24/7 professional monitoring and a lifetime equipment warranty. Its systems are professionally installed and supported by 24/7 customer service teams.

The company has been in business for 20 years and has received various industry awards, including the PCMag Editors’ Choice Award, U.S. News & World Report's Best Home Security System of 2019, Business Intelligence Group Excellence in Customer Service Award, and more.

Continue reading for The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Vivint Smart Home, and check out customer reviews of its home security and home automation.

Go Directly to Vivint Smart Home Customer Reviews

Special Offer
Vivint Smart Home is currently offering
the following special promotion:

• FREE Installation

To redeem this offer, call NOW and use
promo code "BESTCOMPANY"

The Good

• Vivint Product Ecosystem
  • Professional Installation
  • 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Vivint Equipment Warranty
  • Compatibility with Smart Home Devices
  • Product Financing
  • Vivint App
  • Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro with Smart Sentry™

Vivint Product Ecosystem

Vivint offers a comprehensive smart home solution, including a control panel hub, security cameras, home automation devices, a connected car device, and security and safety sensors. Customers can also finance their products to get a complete smart home at the start without paying for everything upfront. Here's a detailed list of Vivint's offered products:

• Vivint Smart Hub — Single touchscreen hub to connect and control your entire smart home. Easily check the status of your system, and quickly communicate with emergency services.
  • Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro — Video doorbell that lets you answer your door from anywhere. Integration with locks and garage doors gives you full control of access to your home.
  • Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro — Vivint's video surveillance camera that can intelligently identify and automatically deter a true threat. It doesn’t just record the crime; it helps prevent it.
  • Vivint Indoor Camera — Indoor camera that lets you see, speak, and stay connected to your home and loved ones.
  • Vivint Playback — Playback ability that lets customers record 30 days of continuous video from up to four cameras to their Vivint Smart Drive and access it remotely from their mobile device.
  • Kwikset Smart Lock — Smart lock that provides secure, keyless access from anywhere and can even tell you who unlocked a door and when.
  • Garage Door Controller — Garage door remote that allows customers to open or close their garage door remotely from Vivin't mobile app.
  • Vivint Thermostat — Smart thermostat that lets you control the temperature in your home from anywhere. It can also automatically adjust to keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money when you’re away.
  • Vivint Car Guard — A way to monitor whereabouts of your vehicle, car maintenance updates, or mechanical issues, all through the same mobile app.
  • Vivint Smart Sensor — Window and door sensor that enables customers to ensure doors and windows are secure.
  • Vivint Motion Sensor — Equipment that lets customers track movement in their homes with the passive infrared motion detector.
  • Smoke Detector — Sensor that sends a signal to the panel when smoke is detected, sounding a loud smoke alarm and alerting monitoring immediately to dispatch authorities.
  • Carbon Monoxide Detector — Sensor that sends a signal to the panel when excessive carbon monoxide levels are detected, sounding a loud local alarm and alerting monitoring immediately to dispatch authorities.
  • Vivint Water Sensor — Water sensor that notifies customers of leaks and floods inside the home, as well as freezing indoor temperatures that may lead to bursting pipes.
  • Glass-Break Detector — Sensor that alerts customers if a window is broken in the home.

Professional Installation

The home security company offers security systems that are professionally installed by a Vivint smart home pro. This means that your sales rep will schedule a smart home pro to come to your home, consult with you on what your home might need, and help you determine where all the products should go. The technician connects your entire system for you and then shows you how to use it before leaving.

24/7 Professional Monitoring

Vivint includes 24/7 professional monitoring by security certified agents. If homeowners want peace of mind that their houses will be protected at all times, monitoring is an important part of proper home security.

24/7 monitoring means that your alarm will send a signal to a professional monitoring center when a sensor detects a break-in, smoke, or carbon monoxide. The monitoring center will then contact you through the system's cellular two-way communication to verify whether the alarm is an actual emergency or a false alarm.

Vivint Equipment Warranty

All Vivint equipment is under a lifetime warranty, while installation comes with a 120-day warranty. After 120 days, service calls are $49.

Compatibility with Smart Home Devices

A useful offering from Vivint is its compatibility with the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, which allows homeowners access to voice-controlled control features. Vivint is also compatible with other popular technology, including the Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Thermostat E, Philips Hue lightbulbs, and Z-Wave Alliance certified products.

Compatibility with these smart home products is especially helpful for improving energy efficiency in your home.

Product Financing

Customers have the option of a zero-percent interest loan for 42 or 60 months, so they can get a complete Vivint security system without having to pay for everything upfront (as with DIY systems). The accompanying service contract matches the term of the loan so that customers have service while they are paying off the products. Once a customer pays off their equipment loan, they have the ability to go to a month-to-month service subscription.

Vivint App

The Vivint Smart Home app is available in the app stores for both iPhone and Android devices, and you can use it to manage and control your Vivint system from anywhere. Customers can also use the Vivint app to set up rules for certain events to happen automatically when triggered by other products or at specific times during the day. For example, you can have your doors automatically lock every night at 10:00 PM or have your indoor camera record a clip whenever the front door is opened.

Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro with Smart Sentry™

Vivint has an outdoor camera called the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro. The camera includes two-way talk, hybrid wired Wi-Fi connection, a customizable surveillance zone, a 4K sensor with 1080p quality with HD zoom, a wide-angle lens with a 140-degree view, and night vision. The camera even includes what Vivint calls Smart Sentry™, which is an LED ring light on the camera that lights up and plays an alert sound to let intruders know they've been spotted.

When the camera detects motion and a person is in the camera's view for too long, that's when Smart Sentry™ is triggered. You can customize notifications so that the camera will notify you when any person approaches. If you want notifications to be more specific, you can set the alert to only notify you when someone may be loitering. The camera also automatically records 20-second auto recordings whenever something triggers the camera's motion detectors.

By using the Vivint Smart Home app, you can also access live feed of your camera at any time as well as past footage that is stored in your Vivint Smart Drive. The drive saves continuous footage for up to 30 days.

If you don't want to install the camera(s) yourself, the alarm company offers professional installation and will synch your Wi-Fi, your outdoor camera(s), and your Vivint Smart Home products together, so all of your devices are connected.

The Bad

• $99 Moving Fee
  • Lengthy Contracts
  • Vivint Home Security Cost

$99 Moving Fee

Vivint charges customers a $99 move fee if you transfer services to a new residence within the first year of a signed contract. Many home security companies offer moving services completely free of charge.

Lengthy Contracts

Vivint requires 42- or 60-month contracts for its security services if you choose to finance your products. Although contracts are common within the home security industry, typically they only last up to 36 months.

The upside to a long contract is Vivint gives you the choice of a zero-percent interest loan for the length of the contract, which may make the long-term contract worth it for some customers.

Vivint Home Security Cost

Customers can get a Vivint alarm system starting at $29.99 per month for monitoring, with no activation fee or equipment fee. This basic monitoring also requires the purchase of a Starter Kit, which includes one touchscreen hub, two door/window sensors, one motion sensor, and $100 in sensors.

Although this is a relatively low monthly monitoring fee, expanding to home automation products and adding cameras will increase this monthly service cost and require you to either pay upfront for or finance the product cost. Like some other security providers, Vivint does not list its specific pricing for its home security system on its website, so you will need to call Vivint's customer service reps to gather all pricing information.

The Bottom Line

Vivint home security systems feature a comprehensive selection of home automation smart home products, video surveillance with security cameras, and energy management features with professional installation and 24/7 professional monitoring. The company's most unique offering is its Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, which automatically detects and deters crime.

In addition to Vivint's robust product offerings, the company has its own mobile app that allows customers to manage their home security system and smart home products from anywhere at any time.

Vivint products are ala carte, meaning every system is completely customizable to the homeowner's needs. The home security provider's equipment is also compatible with most smart home devices, including the Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Nest Thermostat, and more. You can find the complete list in "The Good" section above.

A downside to Vivint is the company has a long-term contract that lasts 42 or 60 months if you choose to finance your products rather than pay for them upfront. This is longer than most home security companies out there. However, the fact that Vivint offers product financing for the length of the contract may be a benefit.

You can find Vivint security reviews located below if you want to learn more about the customer experience.

Call our recommended rep over at Vivint below.

Vivint Frequently Asked Questions

What comes as standard equipment in Vivint home security packages?

Vivint provides customized systems based on each customer’s unique needs, so it’s difficult to define standard equipment. That said, there is a Starter Kit that most customers begin with as a solid baseline.

Typically, the Starter Kit will include the touchscreen Vivint Smart Hub control panel, a Vivint yard sign and light, two door/window sensors, a motion sensor, and $100 worth of customizable equipment. Most customers also opt for at least one or two security cameras and a few additional pieces of equipment.

What is Vivint’s cancellation policy?

In most cases, a customer can cancel within their right of rescission (three days) without any penalty. After that, the customer is required to pay the remaining balance of the service and equipment for the life of the agreement.

Does Vivint require an installation or activation fee?

Vivint typically charges a $49 install fee, which is the least expensive professional installation fee in the industry. It does not charge an activation fee.

Does Vivint run a credit check?

Vivint will run a credit check if the customer intends to finance the equipment. If the customer pays upfront for the equipment, no credit check is needed.

How much does Vivint professional monitoring cost?

Vivint’s monthly monitoring service starts at $29.99 per month.

Do you own your Vivint home security equipment?

Once a customer pays off their equipment, they own it. The vast majority of customers finance the equipment over 60 months.

What devices can you use to access your Vivint cameras?

Customers can access their Vivint camera feeds through the Vivint Smart Home app which is compatible with most smartphones and tablets. It is not compatible with Kindle tablets or older flip phones.

3.8

DONALD A POTTS

July 30th, 2017

I was led to believe this company was associated with ADT. After I found out otherwise, I stayed with the company, about two years, now. Haven't had any problems - they are very prompt in contacting me when the steaks in the oven start smoking!

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Donald. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Jamosi

July 29th, 2017 Chicago, IL

I HATE VIVINT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE "SUCKS" THEIR PRODUCT "SUCKS" EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM "SUCKS" BUYER BEWARE...I'VE HAD THEM FOR 2 YEARS MY HOUSE WAS BROKEN INTO AND IT TOOK THEM FOREVER TO CALL THE POLICE...WE COMPLAINED..WE THREATENED AND THEY GAVE US A PAD FOR OUR GARAGE. LIKE REALLY..THEY ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL I COULD GO ON AND ON...UGH

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Jamosi. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Ted Johannssen

July 27th, 2017

Was charged full price for camera, $400.78, it was to be monthly bill out at $5.00. They charged my account, caused over draft, has taken 4 calls to get this resolved. Now 4 days later still waiting my money return. The e-mail for e-signature has to date not arrived for adding the extra camera. They don't know why. As soon as I get my money back. I will cancel the contract and have them get back in to take their equipment out.

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Ted. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Bernie

July 22nd, 2017 Grand Island, NE

I had a salesman almost force his way into my house. A year or so later they came back. I don't know how I let them talk me into it. Shortly after it was installed it started acting up. They want $49.00 to come to fix something that never worked. I told them if I paid them $49.00 it would be to take it out. IT NEVER HAS WORKED RIGHT. Last time two of their devices failed. I told them I wasn't going to pay them to fix it. They told me they would waive the $49.00 charge then added to my bill anyway. DON'T BUY

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Bernie. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Justin Dane

July 21st, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

Pushy sales person said they were installing systems for free. I asked if there were monthly fees and was told no. Total lies. After 45 minute pitch, sales guy dropped $99 install and $86/month for 60 months which is over $5,000. I said no, but pushy liar wouldn't leave. They better never set foot on my property again.

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Justin. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Trish

July 20th, 2017

We had a Vivint alarm installed in October, by November it didn't work and would be 3 weeks before a tech could come. We were still billed for the month that it didn't work. at least 2-3 times a month the system went offline and took an hour or so with customer service on the phone to fix it. Multiple time a tech had to be sent out (they charge a fee that we weren't told about). Each time it was out we also had no doorbell. Several techs were an hour after the scheduled window. A few didn't fix the issues. After over 20 calls, 3 panels, and 6 techs (the last didn't show) all in less than 8 months, Vivint finally agreed to cancel our contract. Now lets see if the tech shows on time to pull the system.

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Trish. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Grace Brown

July 18th, 2017 Louisville, KY

I have an attorney because they are scamming me. Say I have a verbal agreement. I am going to report them to attorney general, BBB, and try and get a class action suit against them

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Grace. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Rodney Thurman

July 17th, 2017

When my motion sensor went out they came in and just cut out all of my system and installed they wireless and told me my power supply was bad, I had checked it with my O Scope and there was nothing wrong with my system, I ask the Tech what experience he had in Electronics and he said none.

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback Rodney. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

PatH

July 13th, 2017 Marysville, WA

Garbage customer service for changing services... Very sore losers with no moral convictions....

Mar 08, 2020

Thank you for your feedback PatH. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with us and would love to look into your concerns further. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5212.

Russ Brown

July 13th, 2017 Abilene, TX

We initially installed this system on the advise of a neighbor. Now I wished I had done more homework. As a Retiree I am on a fixed income and the $69.27 monthly fees are about $20 higher than the average. We have a basic system installed with no cameras and two automatic door locks. I have checked with the company and requested pricing adjustment to bring the pricing more in line with their competitors but all I got was a 48 month guarantee for $50.99, not the reduction I am looking for. If they won't work with me then I plan on going with a different vendor like Simply Safe or other lower cost company.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Russ. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with regarding your system please contact our chat team at this link:

Jon L McFarland

July 12th, 2017 Brunswick, OH

My main panel stopped working so they replaced it with one that doesn't communicate with my secondary panel. Told me that the panel that I need is in Beta with no scheduled release date. My system is useless. Customer service blames me for requesting a new panel. Never go with Vivint.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Jon. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with regarding your system at this time please contact our chat team through this link:

Ikechukwu Christian Ezeofor

July 12th, 2017

LISTEN! DO NOT EVER EVER TRY TO SIGN ANY CONTRACT WITH THIS GLORIFIED FRAUDULENT COMPANY. A SECURITY COMPANY IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND FOR YOUR HOME, BUT THIS COMPANY WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO RUN AWAY FROM YOUR HOME. YOU WILL BE SO FRUSTRATED YOU MIGHT EVEN START BREAKING THE SYSTEMS THEY INSTALLED IN YOUR HOME. LISTEN!! DO YOURSELF THE FAVOR AND LOOK ELSEWHERE. IF YOU IGNORE THE CRY OF ALL THE HELPLESS CUSTOMERS THAT ARE STUCK WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE OF A STUPID CONTRACT THEY MADE THEM SIGN, THEN YOU WILL BE RUNNING DOWN HERE IN NO TIME TO CRY AS WELL.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Ikechukwu. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with regarding your system, please contact our chat support team using this link:

CS

July 10th, 2017 TX

This company has the worst customer service/product service that I have ever seen. My Panel blanked out and they unable to send any one out for repair for 6 days. No ones home should be unprotected for that long if they are paying for a service. They focus on sales and is unable and unwilling to service the product after they have made the sale. They have very few service people and a bunch of sale people running around all over the place. I would give them 00.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback CS. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience in scheduling an appointment. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with now, please contact our chat support team using this link:

Pekka Maattanen

July 5th, 2017

I was pressured into purchasing this home security system by a very savvy salesperson who clearly wanted to make the sale. I gave in when I was assured that I could cancel with no obligations and a full refund within a 10 day trial period, recognizing that this would allow me to see if the system was suitable for my needs. I found it was not what I needed and the monthly cost was too high for the service provided. Upon cancelling, my system was efficiently uninstalled, and having paid the full price for the system up front, I was told I would be reimbursed within 15 days. It has been over a month and still no re-imbursement. After repeated weekly calls to VIVINT, I have been greeted by different very courteous customer service representatives who have assured me that my refund is being "worked on" but still no money. The time for refund was extended from "5 business days needed for processing" to "5-10 business days", but it has been well over this amount of time. Having paid up front, the cost was just under $1000 for the system (after I modified it slightly from the original purchase that included a duplicate of a device which I was charged for, but then refunded for much more efficiently). By now the interest on this amount would be substantial, so I wonder why VIVINT is clinging to my money still after I no longer have the system in my home?

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Pekka. We appreciate you letting us know about this issue and we hope that your concerns have all been addressed.

M Stewart

July 5th, 2017 Morgantown, WV

I have given this company a three for customer service instead of a zero because the call center technicians were pleasant on the telephone, even though the couldn't resolve the issue. I have been a customer since 2009 and never had a problem with the old system that was tied to a landline. I upgraded to the "smart panel" -- a pricey upgrade but I thought it would be worth the investment because it would work with my iPhone via an app. For the app to work, the "smart panel" has to work. The install occurred on June 15, 2017 and the system stopped working on June 29, 2017. I have made numerous calls to the technical support line and customer service and they have yet to even schedule an appointment for a repairman to come fix or repair the panel (7 days and counting). It could not be repaired remotely. I will be cancelling my service and demanding a refund.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback M. We would love to look into any issues you are experiencing with your system and app. When you have a chance, contact our chat team using this link:

Cathy Lauer

July 5th, 2017

We were customers for 3.5 years. After I canceled service, we continued to be billed for 4 months = $246. I have called repeatedly and continue to get the run around. Customer service acts like I am speaking a foreign language and they have no idea why the last 10 people I spoke with didn't do what they were supposed to do but this time they promise they are taking care of it. I consider this deliberate over billing a form of theft. I have received one refund for $198 and now awaiting additional refund of $66.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Cathy. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience.

Leonard Williams

July 5th, 2017 Gonzales, LA

Decent service but overall tech response is horrible. Addons to system are very expensive

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Leonard. We would love to look into your concerns further. Please contact our chat support team using this link:

Alex Rich

July 3rd, 2017 Belleville, MI

The product is good, if fact the project is very good and the warranty is lifetime. However, worst customer experience yet and service is not really worth it for what you pay. You can get better cellular monitoring rates than what they have. They also don't tell you that it is a 60 month contract to start at least it was when i started. Yes they change $59.99 if you have at-least one z-wave equipment and they monitor it for you. What is the two way communication for it they won't help you and just have you call customer service who will inform you that there is a service charge if a technician is sent out. If you like a smart home, go the DIY route and get the cheaper monitoring service.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Alex. We would love to look into any issues that you are experiencing with your system. Please contact our chat team using this link:

Kris P

June 22nd, 2017 Pomona, CA

I found it interesting that it is advertised here for $39.99 a month, and I'm charged $59.99 a month. Yes, $20 more a month does make a difference [especially for a retired widow, who is also a veteran, having spent over 10 months in the Air Force]. AND, the salesman conveniently just "forgot" to tell me there was a 4 year contract! The system seems to work ok, though, for some reason, not all "visitors" are recorded on the camera clips. [It DOES get all the shadows of the leaves moving in the wind, and car headlights passing the house] Yes, I have gone over the sensitivity, and it almost always gets ME coming and going [occasionally not, I don't care about it showing me; but it often doesn't show when packages are delivered - therefore, it may not show someone stealing a package. When I have a problem, someone always answers on the monitor, but then they usually tell me to call in with problems.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Kris. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with regarding your system, contact our chat support team using this link:

Kathy Fosbrink

June 20th, 2017 Elizabeth, PA

We have had Vivint for over 4 yrs and are very satisfied with their service. Have never had any bad things happen but did set our alarm off twice by accident ( Didn't get to it in time to turn off coming in our house ) and they called immediately to make sure everything was ok

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Kathy! We appreciate you letting us know about your experience and the opportunity to protect your home and family. When you have a chance, contact our chat support team to get your referral code that can lead to some really great perks. You can reach them directly through this link:

Marylou

June 20th, 2017 Hobbs, NM

We had moni and vivint came to our house and my husband thought it was a good idea to go with vivint so, the salesman said they would pay off our contract with moni so, we called moni they emailed us the amount which was $3,942.00 so the salesman said no it was to much money they offered us $700. Towards our contract with moni or cancel with vivint wihich I understand and agreed to cancelled with vivint so, the technician came and took all the equipment including our panel and other items that belong to moni ,next day moni came in to install their equipment back and asked for the panel and other items I, told them the other guy had taken them I called the technician from vivint to ask him for the items he said I didn't take them maybe the guys that installed your equipment took them and he would ask him when he came back from vacation.. so needless to say we ended up paying $200. To moni for the equipment their technician took.. send moni an email with the bill and they have not answered back... so be ware of the technicians .

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Marylou. We appreciate you letting us know about this situation.

kim

June 19th, 2017

i have had the most horrible experience with trying to get Vivint to come out and service my failed equipment and they do not care. My panel just blacked out on a Tuesday 6/14 last week, I called them early wednseday morning and they attempted to trouble shoot it over the phone when that didnt work they said they could send a tech out 8-days later i expressed to them that that was unaceptable for me to be without security protection for that long. When my panel blanked out, so did all the camera's, the chimes and my mobile phone app. They said they would escalate my request for a tech. today is Monday 6/19, and no one has called me at all about my failed service and when i call them daily they make excuses and still no one calls me back. This has been so tiring and worrisome becusae i am being ignored and I even begged them to please care about my safety and my families safety. No one cares at Vivint.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Kim. We would love to look into any concerns that you are having with your system. When you have a chance, contact our chat support team using this link:

mary m

June 17th, 2017

Sales person was pushy, would not leave contact information so we could call back after having some time to discuss, and said we would have a 30 day trail period. Well he lied. Call to cancel before 30 days and the company says sorry you signed a 3 day contract to cancel. When looking at our e-signature contract sent via email (no hard copy) I noticed my husband's signature was FORGED on all but one document. After informing the company of the forgery we were told to prove the forge and will get back to us in a few days. Still waiting to hear back from them. In the mean time I've filed complaints with my state and the BBB. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Mary. We would love to look into this situation further. Please contact our chat team using this link:

[email protected]

June 16th, 2017

Great service. They always call me over the intercom if I don't put in my security numbers correctly. They always ask me for my security pass code. Very timely and great customer service.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Eric! We are so glad to hear about your experience with us, and we appreciate the opportunity to protect your home and family. When you have a chance, contact our chat support team to get your unique referral code using this link:

Joy

June 15th, 2017 Ogden, UT

We have had Vivint for over 6 years. Last month one of my motion detectors stopped working. I called Vivint and they said they would send me a new one and they would wave the shipping fee to return the broken one back. A week later package came from vivint and when I opened it there was a wifi extender not a motion detector. I called them again and a very Rudd man told me that he could not do anything until I sent him the motion detector and that I would be charged the shipping on the wifi extender. I told him I was not paying shipping on something they sent that was not what I needed. I hung up because I was tired of lessening to him. The next day I called and a nice young man answered and said he would send a motion detector asap and that I could use the shipping label he was sending to reture the broke detector and the wifi extender at Vivint's cost. Then the detector came I called tech support to set it up. The girl I talked to said again it was the wrong one. She had me move the downstairs detector to the main floor so it would monitor the doors and she would send anout so i I could replace the one from down stairs. When this one came. I called again. I talked to another guy. He said to put the downstairs o e back downstairs and he would get the new one set up on the main floor. He told me what to do and got it set up. I THOUGHT.......WRONG. In the middle of the night my alarm went off saying it was being armed away. Hello. I was asleep because it was one in the morning. Again I called. They said that the new one was not put in lagacy mode and the sensor fried so again they wou,d send another one. A week later it came. I called tech support to set it up. I explained that it needed to be put into lagacy mode. They said that was not going to be a problem. Again we set it up. Two hours later it stopped working and now the downstairs one has stopped. Again I call them and they say I need a tech guy to come to the house and they said I need to pay a minnumin of FIFTY DOLLARS for him to come out. I asked why I ha e to pay them when they cannot get the equipment they send out to work the right way. They said it my equipment not theres. So a month and a half later I don't have working motion detectors and I am looking for a new security company

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Joy. If there is anything that we can assist with regarding your system, feel free to contact our chat support team using this link:

Chris Vandergriff

June 13th, 2017

Temperatures are reaching near 100 degrees after 10pm and the thermostat that they installed quits working, but it will be two days before they can get someone out here to service it? They showed up at my home at 10pm to sell this crap and were here until after midnight installing it, but they can't provide service due to the late hour.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Chris. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with regarding your system, please contact our chat support team using this link:

Jackie Babcock

June 12th, 2017 Oklahoma City, OK

Sold dad's home 2 years ago, paid the contract in full, sent in cancellation letter as required. Now 2 years later they say they don't have the cancellation information on file and he will continue to be billed. I said, "Go ahead, I fulfilled the requirements your company stated was necessary to cancel the contract. It is no longer my responsibility and I have cancelled the automatic withdrawal at my dad's bank." They said he would continue to be billed and if not paid would impact his credit rating. I said, " Go ahead. He's 87 years old, I don't think there will be much impact." The Account manager, Jake, said he had the authority to do anything his supervisor could do when I asked to speak with someone above him. Everyone has a boss....even the CEO Todd Pedersen has shareholders and board members he is accountable to.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Jackie. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with, please contact our chat support team using this link:

Margaret Stringer

June 11th, 2017

Never saw a $39.95 bill always over $60.00.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Margaret. We would love to look into your concerns further. When you have a chance, contact our chat support team using this link:

Bob Comolli

June 9th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

Purchased Vivint system a month ago. In the last week my control panel has gone blank 3 times rendering the system useless. I never had a problem with ADT. I shouldn't have left them.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Bob. If you are experiencing issues with your panel, please contact our chat support team using this link:

Eric R

June 8th, 2017 Orem, UT

I have had a great experience with vivint as my security system provider. The tech is top of the line and works really well. I was very pleased with the transparency of the salesperson in explaining the cost per month and the equipment cost. I noticed that vivint has completely changed the pricing model and it now mirrors Verizon and AT&T pricing model with a reoccurring service fee and a separate equipment cost that is financed at 0%. After I pay off my equipment my cost will go down to just the monthly service fee. I feel this is really fair and is upfront about what the cost is.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Eric! We appreciate you letting us know about your experience, and the opportunity to protect your home and family. When you have a chance, contact our chat support team to get your referral code using this link:

Kenneth Okerlund

June 8th, 2017

Cons: Salespeople promise things that they have no control over just so they can make the sale, but that's probably everywhere. Overpriced. Pros: Customer service is usually really good. Free installs. Other: As long as you stay on top of your account then you won't have any issues. I hear a lot of people complaining about not getting a call about their alarm going off when they haven't updated their phone number to even be called. A lot of other similar issues can come up if you don't keep your information up to date. Depending on your location, it may take a lot of time for a technician to come take a look at your system, but the customer support can usually help you get it resolved.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Kenneth. We appreciate you letting us know about your experiences. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with, feel free to contact our chat support team using this link:

christopher

June 7th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

The product does not even come close to working as advertised. The security system works fine but everything else is sub-par at best. They lock you into a contract but they refuse to uphold their end of the contract. Every time I talk to a representative for them it takes at least 45 minutes to resolve anything, but then when you get your next bill, you find out that nothing was really done and you have to start over again. I schedule someone to come out and try to fix their bad product and they call at the end of their time frame and say that they are not going to make it out that day and you need to call in and reschedule for another day, even though you just sat there for three hours waiting on them. Every time I call in I end the conversation with me saying to them, "You understand that I am very unhappy with your product and I want out of my contract with you, correct" and they always say yes, sorry I cant help you with that today. To which I say, "you can help me with it, you just refuse to do so." and they just say, is there anything else I can help you with. I have never dealt with a company who cared less about a customer once they have you locked into a contract than Vivint.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We would love to look into your concerns with your system further. Please contact our chat support team using this link:

jmac

June 6th, 2017 Saint Louis, MO

Professional home visit followed by equally smart and cordial install crew. Everything works- the locks, the thermostats, the cameras, as expected from the app and the panel. Got what we wanted and wasn't pressured into anything more. A system had been on the list for a while, but I hadn't gotten around to doing it myself- mostly because of upfront costs and getting all the devices to talk to each other. Have been really impressed and would recommend.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your system and we appreciate the opportunity to protect your home and family. When you have a chance, contact our chat support team to get your referral code using this link:

Donna Padula

June 1st, 2017 Palm Bay, FL

First of all, they charged me over $200 in up front costs to install alarm and 3 outside cameras. They are wifi.They charge me $89+ a month on a very long 5 year contract. My cameras were not working Christmas Eve. I was hold 2 1/2 hours when I figured out how to reboot the panel. No one ever answered. Every customer service rep tells you different things when you have a problem. There are teens moved into the house across the street who are downloading malware apps on their phones and tablets to jam the wifi signals and stop the cameras from recording. I asked they remove the cameras and just charge for alarm service. They refused. They keep saying my cameras must be faulty. The last rep said she was sending a tech to replace the cameras. When he arrived, he said he was not replacing cameras just looking at the problem. He proceeded to say that I could not save clips (I save the important ones on my computer). He said they were not 24 hour. Why do I click on 24 hour button??? Then he proceeded to telling me I had to purchase their dvd. for cloud storage ($249 or so). I told him to leave! (They purchased a company that sells cloud storage). It's a total rip off.

Nov 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Donna. We would love to look into your concerns with your cameras further. Please contact our chat support team using this link:

BRIAN

May 31st, 2017

HAD A SALESMAN SPENCER OLSEN SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE THE DAY WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF MOVING IN...FROM THE START I HAD A SKETCHY/ BAD VIBE FROM HIM. LIKE THE TEENAGER THATS THERE TO PICK UP YOUR DAUGHTER WITH BAD INTENTIONS. HE PROCEEDED TO HELP UNLOAD A BOX WITHOUT PERMISSION. I GET IT..MAKE YOURSELF HUMAN BY HELPING, BUT IN THIS CASE IT WAS OBVIOUS WHAT HE WAS DOING. THEN PROCEEDED TO DO HIS SALES PITCH ABOUT "70% OF THE HOMES IN OUR NEW NEIGHBORHOOD WERE BEING PROTECTED BY VIVINT. HOW THROUGH THE WOODS BEHIND THE NEIGHBORHOOD WAS A TRAILER PARK THAT COULD WARRANT CRIME, THEFT AND VANDALISM. BLAH BLAH BLAH." I WASNT BUYING HIS POOR EXCUSE OF A SALES PITCH. THEY LEFT AND SHOWED BACK UP 2 WEEKS LATER WHILE I WAS IN THE ATTIC PUTTING THINGS AWAY. ALL OF A SUDDEN SOME GUY APPEARED AND STARTED HANDING ME THINGS. HIS PERSISTENCE WAS ADMIRABLE TO SAY THE LEAST. WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE AND ITS PAST 9PM HE FLIP FLOPPED ON THE REQUIRED PAYMENT AND THEN TRIED TO GET A TECH TO MY HOUSE RIGHT THEN. AFTER TELLING HIM NO SEVERAL TIMES THAT I DIDNT WANT ANYONE AT MY HOUSE AND THAT I WAS READY FOR THEM TO LEAVE AS WELL, THEY FINALLY GOT THE PICTURE. HE SAID WE COULD DO A 2 WEEK FREE TRAIL, BUT THEN BACKED ON THAT AND SAID ITS ONLY A 3 DAY TRIAL. ONLY HE HAD THE AUTHORITY TO GO AHEAD AND CANCEL IT WITHIN THE 2 WEEK TIME FRAME. I LOOKED AT HIM AND HE SAID.."WHAT? YOU DONT TRUST ME?" MY RESPONSE AT THIS POINT WAS "NO". THEY CHARGED MY CARD $64 DOLLARS AFTER TELLING ME THEY WERE GOING TO PAY FOR THE 1ST MONTH. NOW WE ARE TRYING TO CANCEL (NEXT MORNING AFTER READING THAT THEY ARE RATED "B" WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND READING THE COUTLESS COMPLAINTS) AND WE'RE HAVING TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS...THE SALES GUY IS TEXTING MY FIANCE OVER AND OVER AGAIN REPEATING HIS STUPID SALES PITCH VIA TEXT... THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO MARKET YOUR PRODUCT. THIS ISNT IT!!!

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Brian. We would love to look into this situation further. Please contact our chat team using this link:

rick

May 30th, 2017 Sterling Heights, MI

everything works great. only down fall was could not use my pre existing outdoor siren which I love because it super loaded and draws attention. also could tie into my motions I already had. other than that I like my system.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Rick! We are glad to hear that you're enjoying your system. When you have a chance contact our chat team to get your referral code that can lead to some really great perks. You can reach them directly through this link:

Tonnette Collier

May 19th, 2017

VIVINT: Research, think before signing a contract. A $99.99 bill resulted in an annoying sound from my office panel. I could not stop it. Had I not contact VIVINT and voiced my concerns, it would have continued. If $99.99 was a major issue after speaking with several reps numerous time...then why not turn off the services? It's sad that VIVINT could have that much control over an office atmosphere for $99.99. Although the payment was mailed 4 days ago, I thought this was the best way to loose our business. PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE SIGNING UP WITH VIVINT.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Tonnette. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with, please contact our chat team using this link:

Paul Larson

May 19th, 2017 Seattle, WA

I have had Vivint for more than 3 years now and am totally satisfied. I have one battery replacement which was done flawlessly. I will continue with them.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Paul! We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your system. When you've got a chance contact our chat team to get your referral code using this link:

Troy Hinton

May 17th, 2017 Portales, NM

My parents sold their home 2 years ago after being with vivint for 20 years. they have presented vivint with HUD statement showing the home as sold and now after 2 years Vivint is still drafting funds From their bank account . My mother has since died, and the fret and pain of Vivint contributed.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Troy. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with, please contact our chat team using this link:

Daniel Mudge

May 16th, 2017 Bakersfield, CA

Avoid at all costs. This company is a nightmare to get rid of. Either the sales person lied to me when they put in the system or the company is refusing to acknowledge a mistake. They have done nothing that warrants the higher price tag, I would recommend almost any other company. I've been a customer for 4 years and had a few minor gripes with the system, but no major issues.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Daniel. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with, please contact our chat team using this link:

dave

May 12th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT

The worst experience I've ever had with any company. The salesman promised to keep all my hard wired system as it was and add additional wireless sensors. The installers couldn't figure out the hard wire system so without telling me they just cut wires and shoved them into the wall and put up wireless. When I caught them doing this they said they had never done a system this big and didn't know how to do it. They left parts of the house unprotected that were protected before they began making a total wreck of the security. Said that they had fire protection in system which they didn't. Damaged my home and although customer service promised to pay for the damages they kept putting it off until the 3 years were up and they didn't have to anymore. There's much more but you get the idea.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Dave. We would love to look into your concerns further. Please contact our chat team using this link:

Stephanie Byrne

May 12th, 2017 Owasso, OK

Once you have entered into the 60 month contract the only way out is to have another person "Take Over" your contract or you have to "Buyout" the contract for the remaining months. This is true even if you sell your home, or if you move to a place that doesn't allow their alarm system If you choose to have the system moved, it costs an additional $99 but they will waive it if you sign for an additional 60 months. I would never do business again with a company that offers no resolution even after you have sold the house! The features are nice and customer service is good, but unless you are never planning on moving, I would advise against using Vivint alarm co.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Stephanie. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with please contact our chat team using this link:

Kevin

May 12th, 2017

Great system, tech's were on point . My house is covered from top to bottom, 4 doors including the door from the garage, all upstairs windows, glass breakage down stairs because I have Picture windows, camera, digital thermostat, motion, and smoke detectors were added at no charge because I purchased on first sales call. Customer service is great. I have only had one problem...it was a wire from the thermostat that caused a problem with my furnace. They came out and replaced it with a brand new digital thermostat the next day so my HVAC tech could finish his repair. They asked if we had the key FOB's and when we said no, they gave us 2 FOB's free of charge. The 60 month contract seemed unusual, and the monitoring fee is a bit pricey but for the state of the art wireless digital equipment they installed...3 years in we feel like we have received a great deal of value for the fee we having been paying to protect our home.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Kevin! We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your system. When you have a chance contact our chat team to get your referral code using this link:

Eric

May 9th, 2017 Paterson, NJ

Had Vivint for a little over 3 years now. No issues with installation, billing, or anything. Customer Service is on point with all of my questions and assistance. Initial equipment was free and based on a point system, you are given something like 40 points and window and door sensors are like 4 points. Anything after you have exhausted the 40 points costs extra, but, the amount is minimal. Panel needed to be upgraded (chip upgrade - required by Vivint) and was done free of charge.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Eric! It is great to hear that you're enjoying your system. When you have a chance, contact our chat team to get your referral code using this link:

lorrie

May 4th, 2017

The salesman came to the door and was a little pushy. We did sign-up to get a system. During the credit process he asked for a major credit card. I asked why if we were getting a loan. He said it was just to verify we had credit. I've done this before when buying several things so not suspicious. I did ask him again that nothing would be charged on it. He assured me that it was just verification purposes. We signed the contract. The installers came a few minutes later even though it was after 9PM. They knocked a golfball size hole in the wall, drilled holes in a few doors, and had the system almost completely installed when he wanted me to sign a credit card charge. What? He said well how did you expect to pay for it? What? I just took out a 5 year LOAN for this. I even had an email to verify the loan. He said that the first charge goes on the credit card. I told him that is NOT what the salesman said. He said then how did you expect to pay for it.... I repeated myself again. The loan company said it was a 60 month loan which is the 5 years we agreed to. He couldn't tell us what the extra charge was for and why the salesman lied, so we made them yank it out. They were NOT happy. They kept saying they'd come back the next day to take it out, but we wouldn't budge thank goodness It took them all of 15 minutes maybe. They took it out and left unhappy and a mess for us. We had to cancel our credit card because at this point we couldn't trust them.The salesman did say they were a second party contractor from Vivint. I wouldn't use them because of the deceit.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Lorrie. We would love to look into your concerns further. Please contact our chat team using this link:

michael ferrazano

April 10th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I use VIVINT to remotely monitor a second home 150 miles away with indoor and outdoor cameras as well as indoor sensors and I also use VIVINT for my local residence, all of which have worked flawlessly. Customer service is excellent. Pricing is a bit higher than other services but well worth the peace of mind.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Michael! We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your systems and that you're able to have peace of mind at both of your homes. When you have a chance, contact our chat team to get your referral code using this link:

Hameed Afzal

April 10th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

Been very satisfied all around. They have done everything they promised so far.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Hameed! We appreciate you letting us know that you're enjoying your system. When you can, contact our chat team to get your referral code using this link:

Joshua Yates

April 6th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

You must pay contract in Full there is not cancellation for this company. Once they have you in there is no upgrading to better equipment unless you pay full price for the equipment also. They came out with a new panel a month after mine was installed wanted $1000 for me to upgrade to the new panel and another 200 for a doorbell camera. I will never use them again after my contract is out. Price is expensive compared to what they give you.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Joshua. If there is anything that we might be able to assist with regarding your account please contact our chat team at this link:

Eric Takayama

March 31st, 2017 Pomona, CA

Vivint drilled a drain pipe while installing my system then gave me the run around about fixing it. They are the worst company and wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Eric. We would love to look into this situation further. Please contact our chat support team using this link:

Teresa Wehunt

March 27th, 2017

I have had several other alarm services , but recently got Vivint . We could not be more pleased, what a great system.Easy to use , accurate, just overall a very good system. I love the smart accessories , the video doorbell, the house shuts itself down at 11:PM , the smart thermostat. Just like I said we love it.

Nov 24, 2019

Thank you for your feedback Teresa! We are so glad to hear that you're loving your system. When you have a chance, contact our chat team for your referral code using this link: It can lead to some really great perks!