Vector Security Logo

Vector Security

LAST UPDATED: September 24th, 2021

Vector Security has been offering security solutions for over 40 years. The company offers professional installation for its security systems, which are monitored 24/7 by the alarm company and its trained team.

Vector Security offers its basic package starting at $39.95 per month. Equipment costs may vary depending on home automation or other security equipment added to the package.

The Vector Security team has won several awards such as the Central Station Operator of the Year award from SDM Magazine, Dealer of the Year award from SDM Magazine, Police Dispatch Quality award and more. Vector Security provides home security systems for more than 300,000 customers.

The Good

• Lifetime Warranty of Service Repairs and Equipment Replacements
  • Offers Home Automation and Security Features
  • Professional Monitoring and Installation
  • Live Video Surveillance
  • 12-Point False Alarm Reduction
  • Alarm Monitoring for Homes and Businesses
  • Products and Packages
  • No Activation Fee

Lifetime Warranty of Service Repairs and Equipment Replacements

One of the most appealing aspects of Vector Security's service is its SecureCare warranty included in even the most basic security package. Its warranty covers equipment replacement and service repairs in the event equipment is broken at no additional cost to the client.

Consumers can also opt for the SecureCare Plus package that includes the lifetime warranty as well as free system inspections every two years, free battery replacement services, and a free system installation at a new residence if the client should move.

Offers Home Automation and Security Features

Along with the impressive warranty, Vector Security offers several security and home automation features. Consumers can purchase home alarm monitoring that has a burglar alarm, a fire alarm, a carbon monoxide alarm, a medical emergency response, and other home automation features.

Professional Monitoring and Installation

Vector Security professionally installs and monitors its equipment from Vector Security monitoring centers.

Live Video Surveillance

Vector Security offers live video surveillance. The provided security camera system gives you peace of mind by allowing you to access real-time video at any time through the use of your mobile phone, computer, or tablet (via the Vector Security app). You can also receive real-time alerts letting you know when someone is at your door and has triggered any of the motion detectors.

You aren't limited to one camera at a time either; you can access camera footage from multiple security cameras at once. Additionally, you can store the video footage to your cloud storage to access later. Remote access also enables you to turn each camera on and off from anywhere.

12-Point False Alarm Reduction

Vector Security Company has a 12-point false alarm reduction to reduce the sacrifice of valuable time and resources in non-emergency situations. Vector reduces false alarms through the use of technology such as abort delay and electronic verification. This way, authorities won't be bothered with false alarms, and they will be aware when an emergency is real and requires immediate help.

Alarm Monitoring Service for Homes and Businesses

Vector Security company provides professional monitoring and security systems for homes as well as all types of businesses, regardless of if there is one business location or thousands.

Here is a breakdown of what type of home security system and video monitoring service Vector Security offers homes and businesses:

Home Security Solutions

• Monitored carbon monoxide, fire, and burglar alarm
  • Home automation
  • Video surveillance
  • Mobile app solutions
  • Personal emergency response
  • Energy management
  • Environmental hazard monitoring
  • Home technologies

Business Security Solutions

• Monitored burglar, fire and carbon monoxide alarms
  • Video surveillance
  • Managed network services
  • Mobile app solutions
  • Energy management
  • Access control
  • Environmental hazard monitoring
  • Loss prevention strategies

Products and Packages

Vector Security offers competitive home security equipment for both residential and commercial customers. These include the following smart home products:

• Smart outlet
  • Smart garage door opener
  • Smart lock (access control)
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart thermostat
  • IQ Panel 2 Plus
  • Smart light bulb
  • Streaming video recorder
  • Indoor Video Camera 622

As for packages, Vector security provides the following:

Essential Security Package

• Wireless control panel
  • 3 door/window sensor
  • Motion detector
  • SecurityCare Plus
  • Yard sign and window decal
  • Professional installation

Connected Home Package

All features of the Home Automation package, plus the following:

• Smart thermostat
  • Door lock

The home security company also provides the homeowner with additional alert and personal safety devices to supplement any home security system:

• Carbon monoxide detector
  • Smoke detector
  • Medical alert pendant

No Activation Fee

Vector Security does not charge an activation fee for its home security system and monitoring service. Many other home security companies in the industry charge hefty activation fees, so it's convenient for consumers that Vector Security doesn't charge an additional fee.

The Bad

• Not a National Service
  • Poor Online Transparency
  • Higher Monthly Cost
  • Poor Customer Service Reviews

Not a National Service

While Vector Security does provide services in several states, it is not a nationwide service. Currently, Vector Security provides services to residents of Delaware, Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia. Consumers located outside of Vector Security's service areas will not be able to retain its services.

Poor Online Transparency

There are several pieces of information that are not readily available to consumers on its website. Specific pricing and package information beyond the most basic Vector home security package cost, cost of equipment, and contract details are not included on its website unless consumers provide contact information or speak directly with a Vector Representative. Some consumers may be frustrated by the lack of upfront transparency with this information.

Higher Monthly Cost

The most basic Vector Security pricing starts at $39.95 per month. The $39.95 price tag is higher than several of the other home security providers we have reviewed and will most likely be higher than that depending on other equipment or home automation features added to the package.

Poor Customer Service Reviews

Several customers have complained about an inability of Vector Customer Service to respond to service issues by failing to return phone calls. Several customers also reported that attempting to cancel Vector Security services was made almost impossible by its customer service. It is concerning to sign any sort of contract with a company who may not deliver on the promises made during sign up.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Vector Security provides a lot of options as far as home security and automation features are concerned. Its lifetime warranty provides peace of mind and additional security throughout the lifetime of the home security system. Its higher price tag as well as limited locations it currently services may limit the number of consumers that will be eligible for its services.

The poor customer service several consumers have experienced with the alarm company is also an area of concern. Read Vector Security reviews below to help with your decision and to find out more regarding consumers' experiences with Vector.

We recommend looking into home security companies with a more positive customer service reputation for comparison to determine the company that will best meet your needs. Read Vector Home Security reviews below to help with your decision.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.2

Max Maurer Summerville, SC

Vector Security is by far the best. I was shocked when i recommended it to a friend and they said it had poor reviews. I decided to inform people that Vector Security, is not the problem in most cases. Its the local dealer. Im from South Carolina and used to be serviced by AVSX, they were great for a while but somethings happened, now I am serviced by ASI Solutions and they are a million times better. most of the reviews on here are because of shady salesman and people not learning what they need to. In South Carolina, ASI Solutions is the best. great salesmen, better service and peace of mind. Times have really turned around for this company it seems.

Keith Wilkins

I don't believe the negative post about AVSX on here. If you people would just read the terms and conditions they tell you everything in plain English. I had my system for 3 years and everything was covered with the lifetime warranty. I called they 2 times and they responded by installing a new door lock a crook tried to mess with and a camera that was hit by a baseball. We sold and moved and sure they will try and keep you as a customer they ALL DO! Once I followed the cancellation procedure they asked me to follow I was done with the service but I had them install even a better system in our new home..

Jan Chapel

I have been using security company services for close to 15 years now. I started out with Brinks, who hard wired my older home from one end to the other. I paid a lot extra to have features that most people did not have, including the then "state of the art" wireless radio technology. That extra service, which was much faster than using the wired-in phone lines; also operated to call the police and fire department even if your phone lines were cut, or out of service. I was very happy with Brinks, until about nine years later they decided to get out of the home and commercial building security business. They sold off that part of their business and formed "Broadview Security Company". That business only lasted one year and was then sold to ADT Security Company. Nothing seemed to change initially after the transfer; except that I finally realized my alarm monitoring service was about "nil"! I even experimented with my alarm, and sometimes let the alarm continue to sound for about 30 minutes!! All that happened was that ADT would call my home phone and leave a message saying: "If you are experiencing difficulties, please call us back at this number". WOW!! I am paying close to $50.00 a month for monitoring services; and this is what I get?? In my opinion, that type of service is a complete "Joke"!! I then became a victim of a "Fly By Night" company {whom I will not identify} who was operating illegally in my home state of Alabama. This led me to try out a company very close to where I live, which was "Vector". These people were an absolute "Godsend" and even helped me file a complaint with the state about this company's nefarious activities and scams that they were perpetrating on their victims. Vector is absolutely the very best company to use for home or business security! As part of their service, they even updated my old fashioned key pads to "touch screen", and even added more equipment such as wireless "glass breaks" & much better wireless smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. They did all of this without requiring me to sign a long term contract {which often contains penalty clauses} for early cancelation. On top of that, I am now paying "LESS" per month than I have paid before! Needless to say, I very highly recommend this company!

Les Sweigart Columbia, SC

I have been with this company for more than five years and have never experienced a problem....the times I have set the alarm off accidently they responded immediately and after giving my pass code all was in order. Also, they have been very helpful when I was having new doors installed to make sure the system was still working when all work was completed. I have no reason not to continue with this company and give it high recommendations to anyone who asks.

Penny Rinaldi Poughkeepsie, NY

We have been with Hammond Security, bought out by Vector since about 1995. We have had excellent service by both companies and have upgraded with Vector to include Fire also. They have been prompt when an issue arises and have been courteous when it is our istake. I would recommend them as a security Company. They also alerted us that there are people posing as Vector Security and not to let any one enter out home with out having an appt first and having Vector ID on them

Bret L Charleston, SC

We have had Vector for about 2 years, and everything has been awesome! Our smoke detector went off when we had an electrical problem in the house that caused smoke - this may have saved our home and our animals, so I had to come on here and share my experience!

James McIntyre Mathews, VA

Always there when i needed them . Very professional installation and Service . Always happy to answer questions and provide you with the excellent service you expect . I have used them for 22 years and are great people to wrk with . I have recommended them to many of my friends and they are as pleased as I am .

Roger Rule Myrtle Beach, SC

Vector Security has always been there for me and my family. They have our protection in mind and have some really great home automation solutions to boot! I really like the Vector Security App, soo convenient. I would recommend their services to everyone.

Greg Ray Advance, NC

I have been a customer with vector security since 2004.... Extremely fast response rate and great customer service!

David B Panell Birmingham, AL

Best cameras an automation app available. Cyber secure system. Warranty rocks! Awesome response time!