SafeStreets USA Logo

SafeStreets USA

6.2

LAST UPDATED: October 26th, 2021

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professional installation plans ranging from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised.

All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of ADT monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

The home security company offers quick alarm installations with next-day service; in some cases, a licensed technician will be on-site the same day you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system:

Traditional

Control

• All the features of the Remote Plan
  • Video Monitoring
  • Real-Time Video Footage via Doorbell Camera or Security Camera

Video and Home Automation (Most Popular)

• All the features of the Control Plan
  • Home Automation — smart door lock, smart garage door, carbon monoxide detection, and more.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Tier Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

Michelle Weber Maricopa, AZ

They have a good reputation, and I know a lot of people who have ADT. I will recommend them, definitely. I have no issues with them. From the time I decided to get the alarm system and when their representative came to the house, they were extremely helpful, they worked with me, and understood my concerns. They didn't try to sell me something that I really didn't need, and they were very understanding about my budget, and they worked with it. They took their time to tell me everything that could be offered for me, and were just very patient. It's very good equipment; it's easy to operate, and I had no issues with it.

I had been thinking about getting one and they were recommended by several people. After we had had a couple of break ins in the neighborhood, I thought it would be a good idea to get a security system then. My experiences with them have been very good so far. Customer service has been very prompt. I accidentally set off the panic button and they were right on the ball immediately. They were also very nice and understanding about the mistake. I figured that since I walked in with my keys and a bunch of things in my hand I must've pushed the button without noticing. The service man that came to do the installation was excellent. He explained everything very thoroughly and got everything hooked up in a timely manner. He was just very polite. After he left I was able to manage just fine on my own since the equipment is super user friendly. I was really happy about that. I have don't have a reason not to trust them.

Ira Adams Ada, OK'

When we got it, we had been trying to get other companies to come out because it was urgent. They responded to us really quickly and came out here within two days. The installer was a wonderful young man. He was very careful and he had to stay for a while to finish it. They took good care of us all the way around, and no matter what's going on we can call them and they'll take care of things. My only complain is that some of the sensors that we have on the house are really sensitive. Our house is on a hill, and the sensor picks up on the traffic all the way out there. We've tried to put it as far back as we can in the house, but it still sends an alarm to my phone. Other than that, it helps us sleep at night. I am the head of our neighborhood watch, and I recommend it at every meeting.

Harry Humes Milford, DE

A flier came in the paper, and I was curious about it. I called, and they came out and I signed up for it. I think it's good customer support; I haven't had to call very often. They were slow in getting me the remote for my car keys, but I got it after I eventually got in touch with them. The equipment quality is very good, and I like the little decals they put on my windows. If a thief tried to get in, I think they'd see the decal before trying to break the glass, so I like that idea.

Sara Tibbetts Jacksonville, FL

I saw ADT advertised, and it looked like it was a secure outfit. I don't know what anybody else charges, but I find they provide reasonable value for my money. They've answered my questions when I had them, and they responded whenever I needed something done. They are very cooperative, and I would recommend them to anyone that needed some security to their home. I would say the equipment is very, very efficient. Sometimes it's too much, like when the alarm goes off when I make too big of a noise.

Sandra Guerrero Roseville, CA

I chose a ADT because they have a good reputation, and then it went over to SafeStreet. My experience to date has been good. I haven't had any issues so far; everything seems to be working fine. When the guy came out to put in my system, I originally was just going to have three detectors, but I called back and said I wanted to have more, and he came right out and put them in, instead of rescheduling.

James Ruark Wilmington, NC

I had seen their signs around quite a bit, and I'm glad to say I have them now, and I've been very happy with them. It's easy to enough to operate and understand, it's not complicated. My little experience with the alarm getting set off was stupid, but that that was because of the contractor who was working on my house. I have never had any problems they didn't correct.

John Hogan West Chester, PA

I was aware of their good reputation, and I had been a subscriber before, and just decided to come back to it. The equipment is very good; it's all Wi-Fi. Last night I found out how to decrease the volume on the main control panel, so that helped. Customer support always seems to be right on the ball with anything that might happen. They were available in a very timely manner, and the installation was completed in the same way.

They sent me a brochure in the mail and I asked about the fact that I wasn't going to be moving into the house right away, but I wanted to make sure it would be secure. I guess the equipment is okay. This is the first time I've had a security system, and so for me it's fine, it's excellent. Every time I call I get good customer service, and they'll come out and fix the problem, so I have no problems with them. Great company; sign up!

Gary Kothe

I was unhappy with the prior security system that I had. My alarm would just go off on its own when it shouldn't and it was just a mess. It was just very hard to get a hold of them, so I switched back to ADT. Their customer support has a good response time and their installation went great. The products they have are also good and easy to operate. The cost a bit more than some of the other systems out there, but I think that the quality of the service and protection that you get through ADT is better.

Olga Morris

I just searched for the well known names in home safety and security purposes and they came up. The representative that came out to help with our home security provide constant feedback for us and answered our questions. He went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with the product. They also gave us a high discount and I was really honored for receiving such a good promotion, especially with the equipment that I got. The equipment is all user friendly and as of now we haven't had any issues. I really like their products.

Quinton Brady Fruitland Park, FL

My neighbor had this system for years that was different to the one I had. In the end I switched to the one they had. I've only really interacted with customer service one time and they were very good then. Their service tech was outstanding. He gave me some good recommendations and suggestions. He had a good idea of what I wanted. I feel like I can depend on their system.

E.M. New Market, MD

We chose them because we had used it in our previous home. Other than setting it up, we really haven't had to use it. I'm impressed by them because they managed to upgrade to wireless really quickly, it was done by August. The only thing is that price-wise it's one of the most expensive systems in the area. My neighbors all pay half of what I do for the same equipment.

Thomas Anacoco, LA

I heard nothing but good things about ADT, so I decided to go with them for home security. they've been very helpful, and have answered my questions. they've been right there when I need them. Plus, the system is very adequate because it does the job it'''s supposed to do. I haven't had a problem with it at all. I just like their warmth and the fact that they're always willing to help. I set off the alarm once and they called right away to make sure I was alright. It's been a very good experience for me, because I know that they are actually monitoring my home.

Peter Ljubicich Bangor, PA

Regarding their customer service, the guy gave me a cell phone number and has allowed me to a contact him if I had any problems. One of the sensors did screw up and he came right over and fixed it. Other than that, we haven't had any equipment problems yet.

Chuck Young Washington, PA

We chose ADT because we were having trouble with Guardian'it wasn't connecting to the phone. We haven't had any trouble with it since we switched companies. If there's anything, we call about taking care of it. I think it's nice to know that they're there for us.

Evamarie Mickol Cleveland, OH

I knew they had a good reputation and they were convenient. They had a sale going on, so I checked it out, and I'm very happy with the service I received. I called, and they were out the very next day. It was easy and convenient, and it's just a great system.

Zade Vonseeger Waterford, MI

The security system was suggested or discounted when I signed up for my gas bill through Consumers Energy, actually. It all works very quickly, and they answered all my questions promptly and professionally. The technician who installed the equipment took care of it all in a reasonable amount of time.

Lenden Morehouse Kansas City, MO

We had just moved here, and they had a big special going on for new customers. The equipment is new, it's all up to date and modern, and it works real well. The installer was a really nice guy, and did a good job. We've had a couple of calls on the system, and they've always been real good on the other end, too.

Peggy Baxter Los Angeles, CA

I appreciate that I'm able to go to my app and set my alarm if I forget to set it when I leave the house, because I needed security due to the problems around the area. If I have a problem or need an answer, I can get it when I call in.

Melissa Kissane Indio, CA

The company's reputation was a big factor in my decision. Their customer representative provided a quick response and thorough explanation of what I needed, and they were very friendly and informative. The system itself is easy to understand.

Michael Fadeley Georgetown, OH

I decided on them just from the advertisement. They came out immediately and installed it, and I haven't seen any problems, so I haven't had to do anything beyond that. It was a very pleasant experience. The guy was very friendly; he got the thing installed quickly and got me up and running. It seems to work fine, and it's not hard to use.

Carlyle Stakes

I wanted to change my security company so I switched to them. The installer that came out from San Antonio was outstanding and very personable. If any of my alarms goes off accidentally I can just call them immediately and let them know it was just an accident. The equipment seems to work well to, I haven't had any problem with it.

T.B.

I chose ADT and it just happened to link me up using SafeStreets. The installation was fine and the equipment seems to work fine. It's not really pretty or good looking equipment and I'd like it to fit better in my home, but it's ok.

Alison Gray

The service was actually recommended by my power company. The representative that assisted me in the beginning was very helpful. He explained everything to me and the installation of the equipment was very easy. The equipment itself is accessible and easy to understand, which is very helpful. I can look at the cameras from anywhere too.

Romell Jones

I got it since it was a reliable service. The equipment is really good. They provide great customer service in general, but when it comes to reimbursing money it's more complicated. I had to talk to 3 different people to get my money back.

Arthur Amidano

I got ADT because of the reputation it has. We had a couple of issues during the installation of the alarm. The doorbell ring was the only problem really, and they took care of that quickly. The person that came out to do that was a really nice and patient person.

Carolyn Redfearn

I was told by a friend about them. Customer support is very thorough and they check with you every time there's an alarm, even if it's just a false alarm. They are always willing to help if something happens. The gentleman that came to install the security system was excellent as well. The equipment itself is very accessible and easy to use.

Stanley Pedersen

We saw the company advertised on T.V. My husband called them afterwards and we ended up signing up with them. We've only had them call us one time I think. Everything seems to work fine in general. The people there are very nice to work with and the person that installed it did everything correctly. We are very happy with the service.

Amanda Desoza Orlando, FL

I just heard that they were a really good company compared to other ones. Overall I'm satisfied with it all, though it feels like there have been a couple of things that they didn't call me about. I've been meaning to call them about that actually.

Debra Suomala North Branch, MN

The only reason I had to go with them was that they were available in my area. I haven't had any problem with the equipment that they gave me. Everything has gone well, including the installation. They gave me all the information that I needed and I really don't have any complaints.

Kaitlin Loehmer Valparaiso, IN

It was a very good deal when we got it and they were very well known. There was even a period when I didn't have to pay for my fire alarm, it was just included. Customer support has answered all my questions and I really haven't had any problems with the equipment.

Nancy Lane Isanti, MN

I just saw it advertised somewhere and decided to get it. The technician that came to help me install it was very patient, thorough, and helpful. The equipment is all easy to use. I'm not very technologically gifted but I thought it was all good. I'm pleased with the service. I've never had a breaking in problem so far.

Suezie Elmira, NY

Helpful, courteous, personable. He was patient and showed me how to operate everything and when I asked the same question to review he didn't care-he insisted I ask questions to feel comfortable with the system. He was very, very conscientious!!! I would highly recommend him!!!! He's an asset to your company!

Chris Ray Brea, CA'

I've dealt with other alarm companies, and ADT and SafeStreet have been the most solid ones. I have had a few issues, but it's something I'm sure they'll fix, I just need to call them. It's pretty easy stuff. Everything has been smooth and they've been helpful with everything.

Shirley Schmuelling Toms River, NJ'

I was referred by my electric company, and it has been ok. I haven't had any problems with anyone and they answer all my questions. They've got nothing to hide. They have been very prompt and show up when they say they will. The system is also very easy to use. I only think they could be a little cheaper.

William Splendora, TX

Since they installed the system, I really haven't had to talk to anybody from their customer support, however, the system works pretty well. It's a pretty trustworthy service, and overall, it's been a very positive experience.

Shannon Tacoma, WA

To be honest, I've only called them once to confirm if someone was going to come over to install the system, and they did! The technician was very helpful, so that's great. The equipment has worked just fine, and we haven't had an issue with it.

Barbara Plantersville, TX

It's been really easy to use the system, and the website is definitely user friendly as well. I also liked the technician; he was really nice. The salesman I spoke to was very professional as well. All my issues were easy to solve, and it's just been a very pleasant experience. No wonder they have so much national popularity!

Matthew Woods Raleigh, NC

Their system was just already installed in the house prior to getting here, so keeping it was just the logical thing to do. They've been very helpful, and it's been very easy to use.

Peri Aghazadeh Novato, CA

I have heard many good things about ADT, they have a good reputation. We've tested the equipment, and it's always working properly. I would highly recommend it. Every time I call, they've always answered my questions.

Erin Golden Beverly, WV

I got this system because my family also has it. So far we haven't had any issues with the equipment. Their support people were very helpful, and very informative in everything we needed to know about.

Colleen Brown Rathdrum, ID

My daughter got it first and she told me about it, and it sounded like a good deal to me, so I went with it. They are right there when my alarm goes off, and the system works good.

Antony Zito Prescott, AZ

I went with them because of the reputation they have. Customer service is good, as soon as I have any issues they come right out and fix them immediately. The equipment is all very easy to use and very intuitive.

Julie Vario Tooele, UT

We saw an Ad on T.V. and that convinced us to get it. I haven't had to deal much with customer service, but it has been alright so far. The service man that installed it all was very good too.

Rick Cape Girardeau, MO'

I chose Safe Streets USA because of their reputation and reliability. Their agents have been very good, and have always helped us whenever we needed it. Plus, the system is perfect!

Oscar Greensboro, NC

Safe Street's equipment has been great so far, and using the actual service has not been a bad experience either. Besides, their customer support has been very good; I have no complaints about them.

Arleen Moncalieri Rancho Cordova, CA

DON'T BOTHER GETTING ADT SERVICE. i was going to change my security service to a different company; however an ADT representative from their Cancellation Department called and asked why I was discontinuing service. When I explained the new company I had chosen had much better service, better cameras and a lower monthly fee, the representative said he could match what I wanted and offered me the same deal on my monthly bill as the other company had and also give me an upgrade on my current service/equipment at no cost. It seemed reasonable and, unfortunately, I presumed the representative was honest in his offer as ADT was reportedly a reputable company. On the day the tech arrived to install the service upgrade, I ended up paying an "upgrade" charge for the new and supposedly "improved" equipment and signed a new 2-year contract. The 2-year contract, I was aware of but that was the only thing the Cancellation Department representative was forthcoming about even after I had questioned him several times about any additional costs that were applicable. Regardless of the offer made, I am now stuck with dealing with ADT's outmoded equipment, policy and deceptive representatives. All this came to the forefront because I recently had a problem with ADT equipment. When I called ADT, I was told that the problem required a repairman to come to the house to fix the situation and it would cost over $100 plus "X" amount of dollars per 15 minutes When I asked why there would be a charge as there previously never was a charge involved with any problem with the system, I was informed that I had cancelled my ADT in-home repair plan whereupon I told her I had not cancelled the plan. Then she changed the reason to the fact that because I had received a lower monthly rate, the repair plan had been cancelled, (Before the upgrade, I had a repair plan, which was included in the installation fee, but I had also been unknowingly paying $7 per month for that plan from initial installation.) The representative said I could still opt to get the in-home repair plan now but would have to buy the plan again for over $100 and still pay an additional $7 per month to have this service plan reinstated. However, the current problem I am experiencing wouldn't be covered and would still cost me over $100 to have it fixed via an in-home service repair even if I signed up for the "plan" today! When I asked if I could speak with a person at a higherADT level to discuss my situation, I was told that it was not possible. - there wasn't any phone number or person to contact that would be available regarding my complaint about misrepresentation and nondisclosure of reduced services, which was applicable to my current contract. The ADT transmitter in my house is inoperative and, in my opinion, it's possibly defective because of its age. However, I am no longer on their repair plan, which was discretely dissolved when my monthly payment was lowered, and unless I spend additional money to reinstate via a "repair plan", I cannot even contact ADT via the installed voice panel if an emergency occurs. So now, ADT no longer monitors my house for break-ins, fire, other serious problems,, etc. , especially if the police are needed and all because of their equipment failure. However, I still have to pay their monthly fee for services I am not getting. This situation occurred because ADT INITIALLY FAILED to give me important, up-front information about dissolution of the "repair plan" so I could make an informed decision about their offer to upgrade and lower my monthly rate in lieu of going with another company's security service. My advice is.......DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ADT.......ESSENTIALLY, ADT DOES NOT HAVE UP-TO-DATE EQUIPMENT COMPARED TO THE EQUIPMENT OTHER COMPANIES OFFER AND ADT POLICIES ARE NOT OPENLY OR CLEARLY IDENTIFIED . As often said, "Buyer Beware"

Sylvester Smith Mebane, NC

I was an ADT customer beforehand so I just stuck with them. Customer support has been nice so far though I haven't had to call them much. Still, the technician that came out was very professional and covered things very thoroughly. If I had any questions he answered them very well. I was very pleased with it all. The equipment itself is exactly what it is supposed to be and it performs the way it should. I haven't had any problems so far. Their price is very competitive too. Overall I'm paying about the same as I would with different companies judging from conversations I've had with other people.

Pat Melvin Roselle, NJ

I wanted to go wireless since I had a hard wired system. Some young man was going door to door with that service and I wound up switching systems. I liked the different options they offer for alarms and such. For instance, you get an alarm that tells you when your house alarm is armed or if the system gets disarmed. It's also very easy to use the keypad. It's all pretty user friendly. I know that it's a good system, it's all working so far. I feel better knowing that it's installed in the house. I do wish the price was a little lower but I'm glad that I transferred to this system. I've been very happy with it.