SafeStreets USA Logo

SafeStreets USA

6.2

LAST UPDATED: October 26th, 2021

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professional installation plans ranging from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised.

All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of ADT monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

The home security company offers quick alarm installations with next-day service; in some cases, a licensed technician will be on-site the same day you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system:

Traditional

Control

• All the features of the Remote Plan
  • Video Monitoring
  • Real-Time Video Footage via Doorbell Camera or Security Camera

Video and Home Automation (Most Popular)

• All the features of the Control Plan
  • Home Automation — smart door lock, smart garage door, carbon monoxide detection, and more.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Tier Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

Jim Coulthard Saltville, VA

Probably its the most widely known; I've known of ADT probably for fifty or sixty years... something like that. I've had no reason to need their support. It's all brand-new equipment, and it's only three months old or so. It works well. In checking all the different companies and the way they operate, though, I've found that they tell you the truth, but not the whole truth. They tell you what's included in a certain package, and stop. When their representative gets to you, you learn that the package was very minimal, and things that you never thought about incur additional costs. If you have more windows or doors than the package covers, the costs go up. They ran the ad that says you have this, that, and the other for ninety nine dollars installation, and all that is true, but what they don't tell you is the majority of homes are not very well covered by what they advertise. It cost me something like two thousand dollars to get minimal coverage to cover the rest of my windows and doors, and I didn't even get it all'I didn't get cameras or noise detectors, or anything like that'what I'm saying is that they probably didn't have the time or whatever, but they advertise very minimally, and once you get them there, then they are showing you that you need something else. Bait-and-switch is not exactly a good word.

Clara Fellow

I researched different companies and this one seemed appropriate for my needs. Customer support has been responsive whenever I call or if I have any issues. They try and help me resolve any problems that pop up. We actually ran into an issue with one of the lights that didn't appear to be functioning correctly. The company said they would call us to see what we needed to do next but they have not done that yet.

Ann Shilo

I had a bad experience with Monitronics. They just couldn't have someone come out here to help me with the system where I lived. So I called ADT and SafeStreets and they actually came out the very next day. I've only interacted with the person that did the installation. Their system seems to be very sturdy as opposed to the other one I had. I've gotten more for my money because now I can have an alarm on every window and on all the doors that go outside. With the other one I only had enough for 3 doors, the garage, and 1 window.

Moses Kasule Chandler, AZ

My friend uses ADT so I got it too. Customer support has been quite responsive. They've done everything they told me they would do. Everything that was said in their website was accurate. The gentleman that came to install it was quite helpful, even though what he had anticipated to find in our house was not exactly there. He was able to give me great service. It all works and I was able to get equipment that was all up to date.

James Avichouser Pocatello, ID

I chose them because they had a great reputation. They have a great customer support. We had a situation when our alarm went off when we were on a trip, so they called us to let us know. It turned out that my friend had set off the alarm accidentally, but it was great to know that they were on their toes with that. The equipment itself is easy to use and up to date. The fellow that came in and installed it for us did a great job too, he was very informative and kept us on the loop all the way through installing. The only thing is that it's a bit expensive.

Luetta Spencer Brentwood, CA

Prior to and right after the installation, they were aware of everything that we needed and responded accordingly. The gentleman that did the installation was wonderful and efficient. He answered all of our questions and was very concerned about understanding what we needed and what we wanted to know. Even though there are other less expensive companies, they suit our needs. We're very pleased.

Susan Manley Pickens, SC

I got their system because some family members have it, and we had been broken into before. They are really professional, but since we've had it put in, we've been broken into twice more and some stuff got stolen. The system is wireless, and it's not loud enough; you can't even hear it outside.

Charlotte Sedita

I saw them advertised and decided to get it. I haven't had much interaction with customer support since I'm a fairly new customer but they seem alright. With the equipment, the panic button is very very sensitive. I actually haven't used it since it made the police come out to the house and that's not what I wanted at the time.

lccoachkev Saint Petersburg, FL

Great service but had changes to install that were not covered when I called to set up installation in a pre wired house. I was told it would just be a panel change based on the security system i already had installed. $800 later, new system was installed.

Edward Cray Fort Lauderdale, FL

They have been very accommodating. Their description of the services was very complete, and everything went relatively smoothly. It seems to be doing an excellent job and exactly what it's supposed to do. At this point it seems well made and efficient.

Justin Ryun Miami, FL

The technician that came out to install the system was very informative and knew what he was talking about. The equipment itself is fine, though the screen pad sometimes doesn't pick up when you touch it. You've got to press really hard to make it respond.

Anonymous Palm Springs, CA

We've had the service for a little less than a month. So far everything seems to be working fine. We've had an issue with a door that keeps opening on its own and setting off the alarm, but I think that's just the door. Other than that, I'd have to say the service is a little expensive.

Norma Schroeder Summit, NJ

They seem very responsive whenever I have questions. My only complain is that my ring doesn't always pick up some of the functions. There is a little confusion since I just think of them as ADT, so when SafeStreet calls it's a bit odd.

James Laird Hamilton, OH

I've dealt with ADT in the past. They've always been helpful every time I call, and I've only had problems with one door sensor. Other than that, everything's worked as advertised.

Patricia Borick Hernando, FL

We decided on this company for the price, mainly. The equipment's a little noisy, but that's okay. We are getting used to it. Most of the customer support is done through the internet; it's not very good contact.

Jack Pirkle

I heard a lot of good things about them and decided to go ahead and get it. Their customer support seems to be very responsive and the equipment seems to work very well. It has been very good so far.

Stephen Freed

The service was actually recommended to me by my insurance company. In general the equipment is good, but the system for locking and unlocking the things remotely is disappointing.

Andrea Kline Celina, OH

There were break ins in our neighborhood so we thought it was actually something we needed. Sometimes there are faulty sensors that just go off on its own, but otherwise it's all fine.

Kurt Somerset, OH

I have an ADT alarm system with 2 cameras, glass breakage for the basement, sensors on all first floor doors and windows as well as motion and fire alarms. It has been installed for about 18 months. The system has always worked great and when an unlatched door to the garage blew open we received a text right away and were able to respond by phone remotely. Our camera was accessible by cell phone app and we determined no one had approached the door it was only wind. The only problem I had with safe streets is last month I received an email that my fees were going up. I called and told them my contract has a set price and raising my fees voids the contract per the contract. I was then informed my rates would remain the same for the remainder of the contract. Had I not called I would have paid about $4 a month mor for 18 months.

George Chaney Columbus, OH

I was referred to it through another program. Customer service has been responsive and have done everything they said they would do. The person that I spoke to in the beginning was very knowledgeable about the product. They have surpassed my expectations. The contractor that came out to install the system did a good job explaining everything and demonstrating how to use everything. The equipment is easy to use and reliable. It does what it's supposed to do and I'm satisfied with it. I had a little bit of a hiccup with something I was supposed to get but when I figured out what I needed to do it was all resolved. They give good value for what they provide.

Jennifer Cassidy Melbourne, FL

I got it since they seemed like a reputable company and I thought it would be a good home protection service. I had a great experience with the person that sold me the service and with the installation person too. Still, there was an issue with one of the bulkiest pieces of equipment. It was faulty and I never got a call back about that. It took me several tries to get someone to help me with that issue. There have also been some instances where the alarm goes off on its own. On one of those occasions I was actually out of town so they sent the police. I was actually supposed to get a call on my cellphone before they dispatched them, but they didn't do that.

Gq Sanchez Albuquerque, NM

At the time I got it because of the price. Equipment is good and everything. The only thing is that I know they've offered better deals to other people...

Ethan Hammon Wilkes-Barre, PA

This was the system that was already installed in the house. I've never had any issues with the service, and the equipment's user-friendly.

Linda Weber Wichita, KS

They have been very attentive to our calls and have helped me with the questions I had. The system is easy to use and understand.

Shane Albuquerque, NM

I enjoy all the experiences I've had with them right now. It's a pretty simple system, and it's pretty good as well; I've enjoyed every little bit.

John Chapkovich Conway, SC

It was recommended by someone else. I really haven't had any problems with them so far and the equipment seems to do everything I need it to do. The only problem I ever had was that the person that I had an initial contact with was not exactly upfront about how many contacts were in the package.

Anonymous Aliceville, AL

I've only really had to call customer service to arrange for the installation to happen. It was very good though. I get their representatives to help me with whatever I need. The equipment is very good, easy to use, and easy for me to remember how to do things.

Anthony Aurora, IL

Customer service is great. They are very professional. The technicians were also very professional and kind.

Mike S Freeport, IL

Mike was great ( a 10), his substitute did not follow up (Mike went on vacation and we had a problem with a Ring unit).

Leigh Ann

I've never felt more safe! & we haven't had any issues with the equipment or anything.

Frank Monzo Collingswood, NJ

The gentlemen that came and installed the equipment were very helpful. The system works very well.

Yvonne Santaigo San Bernardino, CA

Great service, however, we found better priced deals after we started our contract

Rodger Jehlicka Colorado Springs, CO

We had it in the past when we lived in Illinois. Their customer service people are easy to work with and it appears they have the most updated technology.

Chris A. Augusta, GA

Reliable and fast service. The technician was very nice and knowledgeable.

EveT

So far I have not had any break-ins. The ADT signs seem to help.

Pat Pine Hill, AL

Trash was left after my install. Installation was friendly and quick.

Sara Fogleman Waterford Twp, MI

The service is ok, but I'm still waiting on a $100 dollar rebate.

Linda San Diego, CA

I liked the technicians; just think the first one didn't give us all the info.

ET Roseville, MI

They did great with helping me with my alarm system.

Zac Cannon Biloxi, MS

My parents and I used ADT for their home security for several years. It was a great system and not very buggy.