SafeStreets USA Logo

SafeStreets USA

6.2

LAST UPDATED: October 28th, 2021

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professional installation plans ranging from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised.

All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of ADT monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

The home security company offers quick alarm installations with next-day service; in some cases, a licensed technician will be on-site the same day you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system:

Traditional

Control

• All the features of the Remote Plan
  • Video Monitoring
  • Real-Time Video Footage via Doorbell Camera or Security Camera

Video and Home Automation (Most Popular)

• All the features of the Control Plan
  • Home Automation — smart door lock, smart garage door, carbon monoxide detection, and more.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Tier Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

Anonymous Glendale, CA

I signed up with them because they gave me a deal. The equipment works great, but I am less happy about their customer service, because when my alarm went off, I hadn't been informed about their process for false alarms, and I got a gigantic bill from the city.

Kelly Morrison Sacramento, CA

We were with ADT and it just became SafeStreet. They're brand new, and I have hardly interacted with them at all. But during those interactions they've been responsive, thorough, and explain anything I have questions about. The system is a bit faulty since I've left my alarm on for days at a time and some zones will fault.

Betty Kickler

Customer service is good, though I recently ordered something for my phone to activate and deactivate the alarms remotely but I have yet to get it to work. They couldn't get it connected to my phone, so I'm waiting on that.

Sara New Albany, OH

Customer support has been fine, nothing out of the ordinary, however, there have been some ADT, or Safe Streets sales representatives that have been promising some outrages claims. they've been harassing me.

[email protected] Pensacola, FL

Great monitoring system, however, ADT continues to raise their prices annually, even without receiving any upgrades. I've been with them since 2005 and have not received any upgrades but prices keep going up. Talked to a representative and he tried to blame it on taxes. In 2006 cost was $32.00 + and through the years continually rising to now in 2021 is at $53. Again this is for the basic service, no upgrades. I'm also a Senior Citizen.

Ann Smith Dallas, OR

ADT customer service is a joke. I live in North West Oregon. When the light to indicate a battery needed changing I was told it was the garage door and they would send be the battery and how to change instructions. The battery they sent was not the garage door battery nor was the garage door the battery that needed changing. It took seven calls to get the right battery for the right door sensor. I had to change the battery myself or pay $107. for someone to come and do it for me. The company I was with in Southern Oregon before moving here would come to the house free of charge and take care of the system. Unfortunately they do service this far North.

Kristine Hoffrogge Woodburn, OR

For starters! The rep. came to the door and asked if we had the newest alarm model. He then said that Vivint (who we were through) was there brother company, And that our contract was up with them so he would like to give us a security camera for the front door , and street for free for being a loyal customer. We of course agreed since my husband wanted a camera for a while no. He said he would cancel our Vivint account for us as well ( no worries ma'am). So they installed everything, And signing was a little weird, ( I signed an I-Pad, No paperwork) . So the forst of the month rolls around , And I notice that I am being charged still from Vivint, then a week later, ADT. I called both companies and got no where :/.. I finally got sent to a vivint customer care person who told me that we still are under there contract until 2020 . SO NOW! I am being charges=d for noth , And can't get anyone to work with me on this. Vivint told me to cancel all payment from bank for ADT, And send a registered letter to them (who has that kind of money) UUUGH! I talked to ADT safestreets again and they said that someone would contact me ASAP, I have heard nothing since :(.. DO I call again, And be all day on the phone trying to explain all of this again? I am disabled, my brain does not work well under stress. Sorry for the rant.

Richard Schlinkert Fairhope, AL

I have had my SS system for just over a year so I have enough info now to write a review. I gave them only three stars, but only for very good support and response time. The alarm has trigger twice since I've had it, once because a door blew open and the other may have been an actual attempted burglary which was unsuccessful. Response time is better than Vector or ADT (I've had both) although it is outsources like most. Now we come to the hardware, which is junk. I give it a two stars out of five. First, the chime volume on the keypad is not adjustable and is so faint, we can barely hear it coming in the back door from 15 feet away-I've set the alarm off twice for that reason, and my hearing tests fine. Then the chime went mute, so I had them send me a new keypad, which was no better, so that component is nowhere near the quality of my Simon system I had with Vector. In addition, the "siren" on the base unit wouldn't scare a mouse away. I even bought the "super loud" outdoor siren and it is so wimpy, you can barely hear it from inside of the house. In contrast, the outdoor siren that my ADT and Vector systems would wake the dead, so while my SS system does dial the authorities, the most important feature is to scare away the bad guys, which this system will likely not do. Now, I have a smoke alarm that won't quit chirping the "low battery" tone, even though I have now put three batteries in it, so it's going to have to be replaced. I paid $500 for this system (components are actually worth about $150 wholesale), but I wonder how long this junk will last once the warranty is up. If this is only going to be a "break even" for the difference in cost of a fully warranted ADT or Vector system, it's no bargain.

Jason Frederick, MD

The technician that came out was very professional, and so far, everything has been just fine. I haven't had any trouble with the system; it'''s worked pretty good.

Eric Zilko Bakersfield, CA

There was a promotional offer with them so I went and got it. I really haven't had any problems so far, but I haven't really tested them either. Still, their equipment is good. It has a lot of features on the panel that are very customer friendly, plus there's not a lot of wires so it's not an invasive things. I am a bit frustrated though since I did not receive a copy of my contract. There was something in it about me sending a $100 dollar rebate, but since I didn't have a copy I couldn't send it.

Alicia Holman Gilbert, AZ

They advertise a lot for the consumer to call and want their product, but once it's installed, they aren't around to help. The service was very "vanilla". When I had some security questions, I wasn't sure who to talk to and was bounced around through their system.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

We used ADT for a few years. The person who installed the security system was really nice but after he left I felt a bit lost with what to do. We figured it out though so it wasn't too bad. I did felt more protected in our home especially when my husband was out of town. It did malfunction once and I had to stand at my alarm with my hand over it so that the noise wasn't blaring loud while I called someone to help. My kids woke up and it was awful. If I were to get a security system again I would probably go somewhere else.

Seth Dallas, TX

From a price standpoint, it’s decently priced but they are not transparent over the phone about pricing. They lead you on to believe one thing and it ends up to be another. But like I said in the end it’s still decently priced for the products you receive.

ed Panama City, FL

Never have been able to use camera system; yet paying for it.

C Meads Warner Robins, GA

Cost of monthly payment. As I am retired a lower rate would be better.

1 Cleveland, OH

Information about my billing was not explained to me well and had problems

Anonymous Winters, CA

The outside camera does not a night vision

PatBodkin

lack of professionalism. bait & switch sales tactics