SafeStreets USA Logo

SafeStreets USA

6.2

LAST UPDATED: October 12th, 2021

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professional installation plans ranging from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised.

All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of ADT monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

The home security company offers quick alarm installations with next-day service; in some cases, a licensed technician will be on-site the same day you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system:

Traditional

Control

• All the features of the Remote Plan
  • Video Monitoring
  • Real-Time Video Footage via Doorbell Camera or Security Camera

Video and Home Automation (Most Popular)

• All the features of the Control Plan
  • Home Automation — smart door lock, smart garage door, carbon monoxide detection, and more.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Tier Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

William Dougherty AZ

I recently installed an ADT system (90 plus days ago) and the original installer left a mess around the house. Also the installer left open wires. After several calls and talking to 5 folks I was able to get another installer to come and fix the mess and hide the wires. In addition, I installed a door lock/unlock system that now needs a battery after 90 days and SafeStreets USA now wants to charge me $100 to come out and replace / service it as the batteries are able to be self installed. This is madness and now looking for another home security provider.

Yolanda Mealey

I went with them since I didn't know any other company that I could use. I mean, they're a good company, but their equipment and customer service could be improved. The customer support can be good or bad. There are some representatives that are very knowledgeable and others that are just there for the job, you know. They don't seem to care much about the customer. The app that you use to check on things doesn't work correctly sometimes. I can't get some parts of the video at times, and if the weather is bad that also affects it. Because of that you really can't have a proper full vision of what's going on around the house. When there's something that needs fixing, it might take them a long time to send someone out there to do it. Even trying to fix it yourself doesn't really work. I think overall they need better communication and products. I've gotten a lot of mixed messages about what to do with parts of the equipment and that's very confusing. They all need to be on the same page.

Melody Wade

SafeStreets was offered to me as an option when I was connecting my electrical service. I was familiar with ADT already since I had the system when I lived in New York. SafeStreets was the provider here in Georgia, so I didn't really have a choice as far as that went. What I didn't like about ADT, and I knew this before moving, was that they're not available 24hrs a day. When it comes to a home security system and service, that's just something that bothers me. Security is not just a 9-5 thing. There were occasions when I would have an issue and I couldn't contact them until the next business day. That meant I'd have to wait up to 2 more days with whatever problem came up. I've also had situations when I've called several times to try and speak to a supervisor, but I never got a call back about that. They are supposed to call you back within 24-48 hours, but I never received any. Actually, I found out that since my service had a lot of hiccups from the moment I started, they actually didn't give me any priority or attention. I was paying over $1000 for the service and they were just not giving me the service. I would get no call backs or any help in rectifying any situation. I had to keep calling and calling until someone responded. The equipment I got had faulty false alarms, in part because of the way it was all set up. The technician that did it all did not seem particularly knowledgeable about how to install the equipment. It just feels like they don't respond well to customers and don't even consider the situation. I mean, I was also promised a gift card at the time, and I never really received it or got anything from that. They just don't seem to care at all whether or not your situation is resolved or if you actually have the service. If I had to choose again, I wouldn't pick it.

David Spruill

I had problems being broken into, so I went ahead and got the security system. It doesn't really do what it's supposed to do. The equipment doesn't record motion and then it'll start saying that this thing went off or that alarm went off and go on like that. Sometimes I'll come when that's happening but the police is not even called or anything. Their customer support hasn't done what it's supposed to do. I mean, they might be really nice but they don't do what they're supposed to do. I'm not really satisfied with it. The technician should be out here, probably in the next week, to see if they can get the bugs out. If things don't get fixed, I'll just cancel the contract and get rid of it. I've probably tried to fix it some 4 or 5 times already so I'm done. It just doesn't do me any good.

Lu Hatmaker

I went with them since I was told ADT was the best. Overall they were good in customer service, but the guy that installed it all did a horrible job. They actually had to send somebody out from ADT to come and fix the problem for them. There's a few times I've felt like I don't receive the service that they're supposed to be offering me. I'm tired of waiting for what I'm supposed to be getting already.

Wendy Nastasi Melbourne, FL

We have a motion detector that has malfunctioned since day one. The tech who installed came out and moved it and it still doesn''t work. People who call to alert it is going off are rude and unhelpful. We just don''t use the system bc dealing with the false alarms is such a hassle.

TPat Cottage Grove, OR

This Company has been the worst one I have ever dealt with. First of all, I paid for all of the equipment, and they still locked me into a 3 yr contract. Then after installing the equipment that I had to buy 800.00 the camera does not work. someone disconnected it. they told me that they would charge 101.00 plus 45 dollars to have a technician come out. this is cheating and taking advantage of people in order to have a security system. Now an agent tells me I have to go outside and unplug the camera. I will let everyone know that this company is not good to work with and BEWARE of all of the money and charges that they give to you. it's not worth it.

Family Damascus, OR

I never received my $100 gift card for signing up. Also the connectivity in the app to the live feeds on the cameras is poor and the app doesn't connect to my system to remote activate.

Annie Norcross, GA

service was good, customer service good BE AWARE!!! When you get business service, you are signing a contract for 3 years! Ask questions. They will not let you out. You have to buy out. At that point customer service is rude and not helpful. Bad experience with Kathy, National Office, Jacksonville, FL

Jack Taylor Henderson, NV

We’ve had adt for two years but got roped into another 3 year contract when we were told we needed to upgrade our new system to a newer touch pad. We went ahead and did it but really regret the three year hook they got us with. Also, moving is too frustrating since they will not move any adt equipment regardless if it is brand new. We don’t quite trust this company and have not used them on our new home.

Gary Virts

As soon as I got the service I received an ad for the same cost I paid I could have gotten more winow alarms. Felt cheated!

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

For the monthly price it's not that bad, but send out a rep or have to have your system repaired or upgraded, the bill is shocking! For the price I really wish we would have just put in ring security system with cameras. By the time my alarm goes off and I get a call from ADT, while I'm on vacation, and I tell them to go ahead and call it in I'm not home I could have looked at a ring security system and called my local police department. I am seriously rethinking my home security system. I'd recommend looking into other options for the price.

Carol Fujita

Salesman didn't not get back to me regarding September Back to School gift card after he got the sale.

Lynette Mccary Birmingham, AL

They give me a response when I need it. The equipment, the box they give you, is not working fine though.

David New Tazewell, TN

The equipment has been good so far; I like it. I just haven't received my rebate yet.

roger Chesapeake, VA

not a good deal expensive sales man are contract sales people if u have wi fi blink sold at best by no monthly monitor charges

Nothing Sportswood, NJ

Very expensive installation fees and equipment

Justin Denver, CO

Total bait and switch advertising with pricing