SafeStreets USA Logo

SafeStreets USA

6.2

LAST UPDATED: October 28th, 2021

SafeStreets USA is one of ADT Home Security's oldest authorized dealers and only offers ADT equipment. The company currently offers five different professional installation plans ranging from $36.99 per month to $62.99 per month depending on how much coverage you need. SafeStreets USA also offers a $28.99 per month package, but this is not advertised.

All the equipment needed for your chosen service is included in the plan pricing; however, the company does charge extra for upgrade options such as a touchscreen keypad, etc. There are additional charges depending on the type of ADT monitoring you choose as well, which is standard practice in the industry. One of the things we like about SafeStreets USA is its century-long tenure of providing monitoring services to safe homes and businesses alike.

The Good

• Next-Day Installations Available
  • Home Security and Home Automation Options
  • Wide Variety of Available Plans
  • Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring
  • Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

Next-Day Installations Available

The home security company offers quick alarm installations with next-day service; in some cases, a licensed technician will be on-site the same day you've signed your contract. SafeStreets representatives are ADT authorized installers.

Home Security and Home Automation Options

SafeStreets USA offers home security as well as home automation options such as video security and remote lights.

Wide Variety of Available Plans

With a wide variety of plans and available equipment and as an ADT authorized dealer, you can be sure you have everything you want and need in an alarm system:

Traditional

Control

• All the features of the Remote Plan
  • Video Monitoring
  • Real-Time Video Footage via Doorbell Camera or Security Camera

Video and Home Automation (Most Popular)

• All the features of the Control Plan
  • Home Automation — smart door lock, smart garage door, carbon monoxide detection, and more.

Zero Cost Security System with Paid Install and Monitoring

Additionally, SafeStreets USA doesn't charge for their alarm systems if you're a new customer; however, you do have to pay $99 for the installation and sign up for monitoring to receive that offer.

Mobile Access via ADT Pulse Voice App

And if you like convenience, you will love the ADT Pulse Tier Voice App that allows you to use the voice-control function to interact with your system. This enables you to turn on the lights, thermostat, door locks, security systems and more from any mobile device.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract Required
  • Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation
  • No Live Chat Feature

36-Month Contract Required

Unfortunately, SafeStreets USA requires a 36-month contract, which is a long time if you become dissatisfied with their services. Furthermore, there is a long list of complaints stating the company isn't upfront about posting the terms of their contract including the length or the fact that their company is actually SafeStreets USA and not ADT. With that being said, a 36-month contract is still short by industry standards.

Pay 75% of Balance Upon Cancellation

If you want to cancel your alarm service prior to your 36-month contract expiring, you will have to pay 75 percent of the remaining balance. This is something that should be noted because other companies require you to pay less than 75 percent of the balance when you cancel early.

No Live Chat Feature

SafeStreets USA does not offer a live chat feature, which is inconvenient and archaic especially in this day and age. Couple that with the fact that many customers comment on the poor customer service experiences, you can pretty much expect the same should you opt for its services.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

SafeStreets USA offers a wide variety of plan options and doesn't charge for equipment, but the cancellation policy and installation fees might be problematic for some. Therefore, there are pros and cons associated with this ADT authorized dealer, but overall, SafeStreets USA appears to be a reliable and trustworthy home security dealer. Read SafeStreets USA reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say.

View Best Home Security Companies

3.4

Elana PEREIRA Oakland, CA

If I could give them a negative star I would. Was totally scammed by this company. I would love to know how many others have been taken advantage of. They financed a supposed free installation on a credit account that I was misled into signing for. I was never offered the option to pay for $1,821 worth of "upgrades" with my own money. They never informed me of the cost of the "upgrades". They never gave me documentation during the installation on the pricing. When I call customer service, I'm basically told it’s my word vs. theirs. I electronically initialed documents I never had time to read on the installers ipad and on docusign. I thought I was signing off on a free installation, a city permit, and the monthly $45.99 fee for 2-year contract. Of course, there is only a 3 day return policy. I received a mysterious credit card in the mail 2 weeks later. I tore it up and cancelled it thinking it was a clerical error. One week after that the first bill came for $51. It’s 3 weeks now – no way to return the equipment. Now I'm locked into a 2-year contract with predatory criminals now paying $96 monthly. Boy, do I feel safe knowing perpetrators of fraud have got my back. The installer must get some weird commission to set up those credit accounts. He was so sly about it, wording everything just ambiguously right. The customer service agent Kaitlyn said that by cancelling the credit card I somehow validated having knowledge of the loan. Mysterious logic. If you are in the same situation, beware, they might use the same tactic against you. If this at all sounds familiar, please write a review - if this is company policy, it might be a means for a class action law suit. My installation took place on 9-4-21. Covid has made it easier for predatory entities to take advantage. I still have no documentation on signing up for the credit account. ADT was willing to offer me a free month of service ($46) to offset this whole debacle. If anything - close the ridiculous credit aspect of this transaction. I'd rather pay out of pocket. Moreover I'd rather this not happen to another person. Too many sleepless nights.

Bill Neesan Modesto, CA

ADT and SafeStreet are running a bait and switch scam. They offer the door camera, but against your wishes, install a full system. Plus, the 2-year contract for their crappy service. Avoid them like the plague!!! FRAUD! FRAUD! FRAUD!!! bait-and-switch /bāt and,(ə)n(d) swiCH/ noun the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods. "a bait-and-switch scheme"

Paul Moreno Vacaville, CA

Safestreets is the biggest rip off ever very poor customer service refused to help out in a tight economy representatives Mitchell L and Dillon who was afraid to give his last name laughed at the fact that I had to move and still pay for a service I can't use. Their salespeople talk you into and misrepresent what they are selling overall horrible experience. Would not recommend safestreets to secure a doghouse

Tamytha Stanton Anaheim, CA

I would put no stars if i could. Apperntmy they installed my ADT system, i was informed moving wouldnt be an issue but oo boy way it. They kept charging me for my old place even though i was at my new one paying for security at the new place. Have been trying for over a month to fix the issue. They refuse to give any refund and instead just point fingers to ADT. They companys apperent refuse to talk to each other and now i am out over 259 bucks. The account i was told is now fully cancelled but i am still receiving notice of payment declined when they tried charging my credit card again and a bill needing paid.

Abel Flores Conroe, TX'

I got the system in an effort to protect my home. But when they called me, they didn't really give me all the information that I was suppose to get. You see, I was supposed to get a hundred dollar credit, but they never told me that I was supposed to send something in. All they told me I had to do was redeem it from an email. When I tried to get it, they said it was too late for me to do that, that I should've done it within 30 days. I was waiting for a callback from them, but they said it was my fault for not following through. I tried to talk somebody else, but the person wouldn't transfer me or give me another number to call. So I tried to go ahead and break the contract.

Lu Co Chicago, IL

Very bad experience. I asked the agent to leave - that I did not want the service- he bullied me and harassed me. He stayed for more than an hour more- installing product I had already repeatedly refused. I had to call police to have him removed and a police report was filed. Now I am told I have had service for many months- even though there is absolutely no equipment here. And to pay thousands of dollars in fees . Bad service bordering on assault of an elderly woman unable to defend herself from this predator.

Ed Shell Lutz, FL

I've had two years of grief from ADT. Took over my account, that I have had for 25 years, from Brinks. Horrible communication. Terrible service. Wrote many letter and made many phone calls. Sent complaint to BBB where ADT evaded the problems. Ran me credit without my permission and disconnected sensors I previously paid for with Brinks. Will have to, most likely, sue in Federal Court to have any possibility of satisfaction. AVOID!!!!!!

Corrina Durbin Greeneville, TN

I'm very disappointed with the bill, it's much higher than what I thought it would be. I mean, it's good equipment, I just wish they had been upfront about the extra billing. I have ADT in my bill, but it's that plus SafeStreet and that just doubles the amount. I was unaware of that. They shouldn't be as expensive, and I shouldn't have to wait as long for them.

DmitriGeer

terrible service and experience with first representative attempting install- not knowledgable, did not install correctly, attitude about it. A different person helped resolve and he did a great job. But overall we wasted a LOT of time and energy dealing with first guy.

Jarrod Snell

I heard they were pretty good so I got it. The alarm system is not really working right now though. They should've sent someone out to fix that. I wish I hadn't picked them. I've just had a horrible experience and once my contract is up I'll never hire them again.

Jeffrey Shaikh Pittsburg, CA

We are all working remotely, the staff has taken their computers home. I called to terminate the service in November 2020 because we were spending for nothing. I was not notified there would be a cancellation charge. In December I was automatically charged (a large amount) without any notification or my authorization. I called and was told it was a contract and they charged the rest of the year. This was an account I had for over 6 years. Horrible customer service to not notify of charge like this. Then I was told there would be a refund. Never received. Don't give these people access to your bank account. I no longer trust these people and will terminate the home account, because I don't want to give them my business ever again. Completely unethical business practices.

Simona Rose Chicago, IL

I moved into my home in July of 2020. I received a backdoor camera and a free ring camera for my front door. I called in today, because I have called multiple attempts to get a tech to come out to my home to repair my rear door camera which has never worked since I got it. Its very frustrating getting transferred here and there and being told; there's nothing you can do. Today I was confronted with a sales rep who constantly went back and forth with me and presumed to tell me, there was nothing they can do. And then he preceded to tell me that he only has me calling in this one time which was 2 weeks ago. I have an email I sent stating that my camera did not work and never received a reply. I was told it would cost 100/hr for a tech to come out and service a camera that was installed wrong from the beginning. I asked to speak with a manager and the CSR continued to tell me " I know what they are going to say". So me and this guy went bickering back and forth for him to convince me of not wanting to speak with a supervisor. He stated it would take an hour and then he said or two. I asked for a direct number where I wouldn't have to speak with him and he said this was the only number. When customers are spending THEIR money and putting THEIR trust in a company, we should not have to be held down to standards like these to speak with individuals who will go back and forth with you telling you what they know will happen. VERY VERY Dissatisfied!!! DO NOT USE This COMPANY

Carrie Kostanko Jackson, MI

Ok folks - Back in November a Safe Streets gentleman installed my ADT security system and broke a window doing so. At the time he pulled out his phone and said he will make a claim for this issue. Well, apparently he was just pretending do so because this company had no record of a claim. I have since sent in pictures which Safe Streets received and agreed to pay for the window. I obtained two estimates like I was asked to do and Safe Streets received these as well. However....it’s almost February and I still have a broken window. I’ve called numerous times and spoken with customer service (who seem nice) however every time they say a manager will call but as of today....crickets...no calls. I’m still holding out hope and I’ve made this my mission to get this window fixed by them. Hope this helps

Juha Raatikainen ,

Beware! ADT advertises and sells security but does not stand behind what they sell. ADT Pulse system has an issue with video recording. Camera will record a clip but then it will turn off for 4 MINUTES!! Now that we have more traffic in our area it is a major security concern. If someone enters your property, ADT camera will record a short clip and then TURN OFF FOR 4 MINUTES! You have now no idea if the person left your property or is now hiding in the backyard since the camera is not recording. The most ridiculous part of the issue is that these more frequent video clips are sometimes available 30-40 minutes after the fact. After bringing this issue to their attention and spending an hour on the phone they agreed to replace only 2 front cameras with new 1080HD cameras that operate with less than 1 minute off period out of 5 of my cameras at no cost clearly acknowledging the security risk to homeowner. Tech installed the cameras but the 1080HD cameras did not have sufficient signal and live video was lagging and choppy, so they had to be removed and old cameras installed again. Tech told me that the old PULSE system will not work with these cameras. After an other hour on the phone with ADT I was told that I needed a signal booster to boost the Wifi signal however I told them that they had already installed one sometime ago. But this one is stronger I was told. After arguing over the cost booster was provided free along with cameras clearly acknowledging the security issue that it presents to a homeowner. Another tech came over 2 weeks later, looked at the system and stated that booster he has with him is the same that I already have. So no need to install cameras, it will not work with PULSE system. He put his local manager Juan on speaker and his attitude was "well its not going to work with your system" and that was the end of it and no call back that I had requested. I spent 2 hours online with ADT in Florida again bringing to their attention that the "security" system that I pay a high monthly fee for my security is not working the way it should. According to both techs the system is too old and will not allow any improvements. Finally a person calling himself a manager, Stan G. started explaining why they have to increase my monthly fee by 24.00 dollars if they fix the ADT problem with free new system that will have less than 1 minute camera off time and tried to force me into a 36 month contract. I questioned the reasoning, why would I have to pay anything since their system is not providing the security service that I am paying for. At the end ADT refused to stand by the service they provide and not fix for free obvious security issues in their system. So apparently their advertised over 100 years in business means absolutely nothing when it comes to standing behind the security systems and service that they sell.

John Williams North Las Vegas, NV

I don't write reviews if I'm not happy. I just cut my losses and just move on but in this case, I can't just walk away due to the fact I'm on a contract for 36 months and I'm almost at 6. 1. Customer service has been the worst ever. It is very hard to get someone on the phone to help you and after waiting for 30 mins on hold and you try to explain what's going on they pass you around like a joint. (No joke). The next thing you know the call is disconnected and you have to call back. The home I just purchase with my wife is a new build and of course, ADT guys came to my home like all the other vender no problem I get. I call about the poor video quality on the doorbell and the driveway cameras. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw my neighbors cameras who is with another company. I was floored by how good It is in comparison. So I just said to my wife I can live with It. I guess we have no other choice. Now we decided to order another camera for the back patio. Now I notice when I call to add on a product we got help almost right away, (unbelievable). When they came out to install the camera for the patio we were kinda excited because by this been a new build in the desert we had lots of coyotes running everywhere and they were jumping the walls taken the small family pets though out the new community. We have a small puppy so we felt getting a camera in the back was needed. When they came they talked to us for a little more than two hours about getting Solar panels installed and the camera would be free! We kept saying over and over we didn't want them and they kept insisting, we said all we want was one maybe two cameras in the back. At that point they said, "I kid you not. We will give you a week to think about the Solar panels and getting the cameras for free, (it's a no-brainer)" the guy said. This happened back in Oct of 2020 and we still have no cameras for the patio. Lastly, this system keeps going out in malfunctioning, they did come out went over the system, and adjusted it, and still only works for a few days then goes out again. I hung x-mas lights up for the holidays and it kept setting off the motion-detector due to one of the lights was a swing in front of the camera over the garage. On Dec 15th the motion detector stops working altogether. When I finally got through to customer service the lady told me I have used up our limit for the month and It will reset on Jan 1th, I was never told there was a limit. Not once. If I knew that I would have removed the light from in front of the camera when it first happens. I have tried calling so many times and can't get through. It has not worked since Dec 15th. So I have no motion detectors, no back camera that I wanted, apparently, you have to get the solar panels for that. But ADT doesn't miss a beat taken $71.99 out of my account every month. That's one thing that does work. At the end of the day, I'm paying for the system and it's doesn't work and I can't get help. I'm stuck in this contract, therefore, I'm having money taken from me every month. Wow, and I have 30 months left to go, 30 X $71.99 = $2,159.70. SMH.

Chris k. Sylvania, OH

I NEED to write this review as ADT are crooks and I want all to be warned. The $0 fee for products/ installation/ service is false I had to pay A LOT for it all. I purchased an ADT system in November. I unfortunately lost my job due to COVID and had to sell my house. I asked ADT if there was any way we could place the plan on hold while we attempted to find a house. They said NO. I asked ADT if I could transfer the nearly $1000 worth of products because they were installed for only two weeks before I received the news about my job. Once again ADT told me NO. Their only solution was for me to pay for the system in FULL and then pay a HUGE fee to cancel. In a very hard time in my life, ADT made things worse for sure. They DID NOT work with me in any capacity.

Shridhar Dangety Prosper, TX

1. Cancellation policy is one-sided and favors the company 100% 2. ADT will promise a Gift card for you ($100) and your referral ($200) but you have to keep following up for the Gift card endlessly. 3. They have a 3-day cancellation policy even before they install the device the 3 days expire and you are locked for 36 months.

Nona Orlando, FL

No answers when you call. System wasn't operational, and they were threatening to charge for termination of contract even though contract allows 90 days. Jumbled wires, knowingly installing equipment that was not agreed upon. The list goes on. ADT had to intervene and at least after 50 days of arguing, I received a refund.

Frank Sesko Palatine, IL

We have had Protection One for many years. About one or two years ago ADT took over Protection One. We have not had to have much contact with ADT until yesterday. Since we were replacing a sliding patio door with A two door system, our alarm for that door was disabled. I called ADT to have the alarm disabled until an ADT serviceman could come out to alarm that door. At first when I called I was greeted with a recording stating that the call volume was high and that it would be several minutes before I could speak to an agent. The the recording said something like, "Sorry for the wait. we will be with you as soon as possible. My name is Elizabeth and I am the service manager. We appreciate your call." I spent the next couple of hours on the phone with a few different agents. I explained the problem, but none of them were able to allow me to block that zone and get the system back on line. A few times, I was put on hold and I received the same message from Elizabeth. Finally, someone said that the zone was disabled and the system could be reset. We tried, but it did not work. The next agent told me that they would be working on the problem and that the system would be restored by the evening. (All of these calls started mid-afternoon.) I had to go to bed, but my wife was still up. When she went to bed at approximately midnight, she found that the alarm would not set. This morning, I called ADT about the problem and was told that they could not get a serviceman out to fix the problem until 4 days from now. I told them that my wife and I are senior citizens and do not want to be without the security system that long. The agent, Adale, told me that she was sorry, but that was the best that she could do. I then asked to speak to Elizabeth, her service manager. She had no idea who Elizabeth was. She transferred me to her immediate supervisor, Larry, who also could not offer me any better service. When I asked him to be transferred to Elizabeth, he too had not idea who Elizabeth was. So, I asked to speak to his immediately supervisor. He put me on hold where I heard Elizabeth yet again. After much hemming and hawing he told me that his immediate supervisor was Maggie, but she was busy so I could not speak to her. When I insisted, he again put me on hold, and then returned saying that she would have to call me back in two to three hours. I said that if I did not hear from her in one-half hour, I would be calling Corporate. After twenty-five minutes, I began looking for the Corporation's number. The number I found at their website had been disconnected. Ten minutes later I received a call from Maggie. Once again, Maggie gave me the same line, that no one was available to come out until 4 days later. And, by the way, Maggie also had no idea who Elizabeth is. Needless to say, I am not pleased with ADT and will be looking for another security firm. I'm thinking that when ADT acquired Protection One, they bit off more than they could chew.

Brian Leavitt Groveland, MA

I reached out to ADT as I heard they were the best, and after 3 phone calls and 3 separate representatives, each time they took my info and said we will call you back with an installation date, so I wait and nothing. "Lets take your information again". Each time the up front costs changed. The last one being almost $2,000. I asked for them to email me a breakdown with plan details and was told that "we don't have the ability to do that". My only option was to have a tech come to my house. In 2020 you cant send me an email?? The top security company in the country?? Stay away from them, stay far away because when you need the, most, they will not be there.

mattmer Santa Ana, CA

monitoring w/med alert was actually pretty good. The problem is customer service. I contacted because i wanted to remove a wireless sensor and have it located to another place. If the wireless did not work (distance) the remove it altogether. Called 7 times and finally got thru. Something wrong with their phone system would not recognize my voice commands. ANYWAY, I tried to explain to both cust reps above 2 sentences. When they finally understood what I wanted, they kept talking about this and that and I could not get them to stop. One hung up. I hung up on the other. Upshot they wanted to charge $100+ to have a tech come out and do this job. I'm doing it myself. If distance is an issue, I'll tape the sensors together and forget it. What I really hated was them talking over me even when I YELLED shut up!

Dina Clemente Roselle, IL

Safestreets should be called scamstreets.. they use the name ADT( which is a great security system) it’s safestreet the authorized dealer is what’s wrong. Don’t go with safestreets for ADT system,, The bait and switch they tell you one thing and don’t back up what they have said. Every convo is recorded yet they don’t care. Installer comes or shall I say sales rep comes and says lie on this greensky (loan)application so I can install more stuff you don’t need. I owned a 2400 sq ft home, I had more sensors and devices in my now 1000 sq ft then 2400 sq ft. When I asked why he says I don’t want to leave you at 50% protected. What the heck does that mean. Left me high and dry with no security system for days. A phone call stating a tech is coming the next day to remove the system all because i caught them doing something shady. And the greensky company didn’t like what they did. No itemized bill of what devices I was charged I questioned it and I get told I have to talk to adt. Call ADT and they say reason why I’m being charged $59 a month is because of the devices. So why was I charged an extra $1700 to put in a greensky account that I was made to open. He used the fact I was single mom, he knew I wanted to feel secure and he took advantage of that. I was under a lot anxiety, pressure and stress. This covid19 doesn’t help. They take advantage and prey. When I called greensky then finally safestreets calls me back, but nothing happened besides me getting upset. Don’t go with safetsreets if you want adt

Cory hannegan San Dimas, CA

Third party company that initiates the sign-up/installation... you’re under contract with them for the first 3 months and then ADT takes over after that. They scam you on the installation, the customer Service is HORRIBLE, and they’re essentially the fall man for all the BS ADT wants to conduct. Maybe if you sign up with ADT directly it’s a different story, but when I called, I specially asked if it was ADT, or a third party (because obviously third parties skim off the top), and he assured me he was with ADT. Either way, shame on both companies. Stay away. They even charged me the 100 when I had an existing system. Guy just had to sync the unit. Even took 3 calls to safe street ( where I got bounced back to ADT) before they answered the phone.

Gerri Trut Sedona, AZ

My experience 10 years, with ADT had been great up until the last year. They have gone down hill. Their phone service, billing, and technical services all stink. I finally canceled them 1/6/2020 and they told me I have to wait a month so the charged me the normal bill for January. The following month they charged me a again $12. said it was a prorated bill. Now my business was a different story. $188 a month. I called and canceled because I closed my pizza shop after 18 months with ADT. Tough times. But hey ADT doesn't care they just want their money. Was told I had to pay the full 3 year contract (18 months remaining).I reasoned with them saying how I'd been a customer for +10yrs and that these tough times are unexpected! I had to dish out $3400. Again their business practices are gut wrenching, no consideration for the tough times. No consideration for loyal customers. I suspect they won't be in business for long considering the fact that their competition is getting wider and cheaper-with BETTER SERVICE! Not even famous twins can help them now.

Larry Curtis Hardin, MT

I have to say that they really pissed me off by lying on the phone about the cost of and extent of the equipment provided. I was quoted a one time charge of $99 but I would then get a rebate of $100. The equipment was supposed to be free except for a $59 dollar monthly fee. When the installer came he kept insinuating that I had been given a credit of $1100 for extra equipment so I asked him about what that was and he said it just meant they were not going to charge me $1100 more for the equipment I already ordered, which was supposed to be free. Then in addition I was charged $860 for this same equipment. None of this extra cost was mentioned when I spoke with customer service. I don't know if this system is going to work. I feel it wont based upon the customer service and lies that were told to me, but now I am locked into a 3 yr. contract. Larry Curtis CAPT USPHS (ret.)

Michael C Kallinick Dallas, TX

Looking for a new ADT system I reached SafestreetUSA. They were efficient in taking my order which included a smoke/co detector. On 10 August the installer arrived and was unable to install the smoke detector as he was not certified. I rebooked an appointment for 20 August, no installer showed, "there is no record of an appointment". Four phone calls later on 26 August, an appointment was made to install the smoke/co detector. "The earliest we can do this is 6 September", a month after the original installation. Every call is with a 5 minute hold time to check the account. In addition, I was inadvertently charged for three additional sensors. The original installer could not credit them because the office was closed. As of 26 August no refund has processed. Initially I was told the installer had refunded them, when I assured the agent the charge was still on my cared the story changed to, "the invoices don't match the charges". You will have to call the billing department. Believe me the level of speed and caring can only be matched by the VA system.

Kurt D. Music Caledonia, MS

WORST company ever!!! It was not explained that ADT and Safestreets are one and the same company. Didn't have an appointment and did not install within 24 hrs as noted in their advertisement to prospective customers. (Talk about FALSE advertisement!!!) Don't believe the "6 MOS Money Back Guarantee" from ADT" either!! they transfer you back to Safestreets when you try to cancel. They have Safestreets do their dirty work and explain that you CAN'T CANCEL and they will not Cancel your contract and account unless you make immediate payment of the 36 month contract in full (it's only been 7 days into the contract)...(Talk about SCAM and strong arm tactics!!!). I was charged $105 to my VISA by Safestreets the day I made the contract over the phone. Then the afternoon after install we received an e-mail and a charge for $552 to my Visa without a notice or breakout of charges from Safestreet? I received an additional charge of $98 to my Visa by ADT on 15 Aug the following day. I'm already out almost $800 after being erroneously or falsely informed that it would only be $99 dollar activation and $59 monthly. I tried to call ADT to cancel today and they refused to honor my request per their advertisement and stated that they had to have good reasons. I expressed my "dissatisfaction" and that their guarantee was "6 month - money back - "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED" . It was explained that the details of the agreement are "you must have 6 months of problems to be experienced and ADT have to have tried to satisfy your issues" in order for you to be eligible to request the money back guarantee. I am a dissatisfied customer I told ADT- "Steven" and demanded immediate cancellation and he kept stonewalling and put me on hold for quite a while then transferred me, without advising me of it, and I had a rep from Safestreets pick up the line and explain to me that Steven from ADT had given him a different story line from what "I", explained. I then told the Safestreets Rep that I want to cancel immediately. He advised me that I could not cancel and had signed a contract and that in order to cancel with Safestreets the 36 month contract balance would be immediately due to cancel and that the "6 Month Money Back Guarantee" was with ADT and not Safestreets! Talk about "Bait-and-Switch" Once again not aimed at customer service but at "SHAKEDOWN" of a Disabled Veteran. The customer service rep at Safestreets was totally respectful compared to ADT, but again who did I sign the contract with again??? The water is muddy and all I know is this Veteran is being cheated!!! Thinking through my next steps to let USAA know that this is the type of service or lack thereof and not to recommend ADT again and maybe contact the BB and to VA about the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act at the VA and DOJ to seek their assistance to resolve this matter.

Salma Ahmad Chesterfield, MO

I had bad experience with ADT, I got quote over the phone and they told me they will give me credit for all equipment and after technician came to my house he wanted to charge me extra for equipment, and monthly fees was not the same I had negotiated over the phone. He took out my previous security keypad on the wall and he cut some wires on my electric panel in spite of me telling him not to do it, just incase I did not accept his proposal today. He said he will connect them back. After I said no I don't want work with ADT he left to get something from his car to fix the holes he made in the wall and next thing I see he drove off. I still have to figure out how much damage he has done to the electric panel? He didn't fix my stuff and he left. I called ADT office but they were not helpful at all. I never suggest this company to any one .

Kevin Thompson Zanesville, OH

I had ADT for 11 years in St Petersburg,FL and I cancelled because they didn't want to put a new battery in the main keypad. The battery was odd and I couldn't find it anywhere. After another year I decided to move back to Ohio and they told me to leave the equipment behind I would get new. 2 weeks after I moved they sent me a bill for over $1300.00 so I called them and asked them what was it for and they told me for the equipment I left behind and for breaking the contract. They said if I didn't pay it it would go to collections. I didn't want that because I had a credit score of 820. I sent them a check and wrote in the memo line PAID IN FULL. They cashed the check then 2 weeks later they turned me into a credit collector. I got screwed and never got kissed, but I did call ADT and told them I would never use them again and I would tell anybody that was going to use them not to.

Brenda Barry

ADT is unreal. I can't believe they are still in business and not been shut down. We have proof that they forged my husbands signature on how much time we signed up with them. Now that we bought a new home that won't be ready for six more months, and we will be living in our motor home while our house is being built. So they charged us a cancellation fee. We only signed for one year but they had this fake contract that said 3 years. We refused when they first said 3 years and they agreed to a one year contract. But they forged our signature for 3 years. We are turning in all the paperwork an d showing that you can't forge my husbands signature. It's one of a kind. So buyer beware, read everything and save copies. They are the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with. They need to be shut down. I am an Author and plan to write to every agency I can to keep from anyone else going through what we are. My husband is a disabled vet and they didn't even care about that. Horrible.

GERALD Sandy, TX

Never installed all equipment promised. Had them intall systems on both my home and business, haven't been able to set my business alarm once since it's been installed. System errors popped up the first day they installed it and they haven't been back to fix it. They fired the sales rep who promised a Nest system in both my home and business and also promised three cameras on both my home and business, only two have been installed at my home and business. I'm still waiting for my third camera at my home and office. Did I mention they drilled a hole in the wrong place on my brand new home and did an a very unnacceptable repair! I told them to give me my equipment or come pick theirs up, they only threated to come after me for breach of contract, lol! Wow, I'm in breach of contract, what a joke!

Unhappy-D San Jose, CA

Wish there was less than 1 rating star. ADT was a nightmare for us. Their service was terrible, so we cancelled service, removed the equipment over 5 years ago. Just learned that they have been charging my credit card for the past 5 years anyway. I called to address the issue, and they conveniently lost all records of the cancellation and refused to refund over $3,000.00 in overcharges. They acknowledged that the equipment had not been active for over 5 years and that they knew and have records on it, but they unashamedly continued to charge and now refuse to refund any money. It's just bad business, no integrity, and complete disregard to customers.

Jeffrey Allen East Orange, NJ

be careful I signed a one year contract with them last December. I called to inquire about said and was told my contract was not up until Dec 2020. They are adding years to their customers contracts. I have since logged a complaint with Consumer affairs , just awaiting their findings. I also noticed on their complaint site that I am not the only one they tried to get with this Fraudulent scam. there was another lady who called to find out that her three year contract had ballooned to five years. they are Con artists, and I will do everything in my power to expose them. this is just the beginning. I will go to every site, including my face book and twitter page. please be sure to keep you copies, which I did. I am hoping to get them in court for fraud. that is my next step. BUYER BEWARE

SYED JAMALI Sugar Land, TX

I said do not go with ADT they are big liar, be honest from the day first 12/17/2018 I installed ADT till to day(01/13/2019) calling and complaining about their services, falsification statement from technician came at my home he said that my monthly billing should be down from $ 49.00 to $ 45.00 second he said that he gave me extra $ 300.00 gift card and I will be revived total $ 400.00 gift card, third he said that if I installed carbon monoxide smoke detector my home insurance company AAA gave me $ 15.00 discount every month which I did not get none of one yet and calling ADT customer service and they support their dealer not me please make sure if you want ADT before they came at your home record their conversation what they said to you and after that what you got? Second make sure that ADT company representative came your home to install home security system not their dealer believe me, you pissed off and snatching your hair he take almost 5.30 hours to install the system he is totally untrained and unprofessional and big liar oh I for got to add and told me one more thing I am still struggling to get my remote key less entry and I never received my remote yet and none of ADT customer service call me back even I called too many times so I learned one thing which is "DO NOT GO WITH THE COST GO FOR QUALITY AND AFTER SALES SERVICE"

James M Brittain Connelly Springs, NC

ADT has poor service, tec, that the call them don't know what they are doing .the alarm are sorry the beep all the time, the panel says carbon monoxide in hall fire department has to come out to check, after standing outside in the cold for 30mln, no gas. spend 4 to 5 hours trying to reach adt. finally get one of the tec. they have me to take ever thing apart . they say batteries are bad .i check batteries, battery good. finally the bad tec. says they will have to send a service person to me a week from today. and will charge me 25.00 fees. poor service, poor equipment. save money and get a shotgun

Stacey Stokes Wilmington, DE

DON"T DO IT. Please. I cancelled within the three days and even the cancellation process was aggravating and tedious. I had to print out the cancellation page of my contract that they emailed me. The do not give you a paper copy of the contract they make you sign on an iPad. On Monday 11/12/2018 the installer told me I could call and cancel within 3 days. He did not inform me that I will have to print out a paper and fax it. ADT can hold me liable to an contract that they emailed me, but I cant email them a cancellation notice? That is a scam to inconvenience customers. I called the tech department on 11/14/2018 because my system nor app was working properly. During the three day trial period, my system never worked properly even though they were already charging me monitoring fees. Today, Wednesday 11/15/2018 I even had a technician come to my house because it wasn't working. He did not make sure everything was working. He told me that he fixed everything and that it should all work within 20 minutes. He left. My system was still offline and never worked after he left. Little did I know, my service provider was not ADT. ADT uses third party vendors, so I was really provided services from Defenders and ADT. So, I had to explain why I wanted to cancel to ADT then they transferred me to Defenders. I stayed on hold for 10 minutes. As soon as the representative from Defenders picked up the phone there was static. She said, "Call us back I can't hear you. There's too much noise on the phone." Then she hung up. I had to call ADT again and be transferred to Defenders again. So, at that point, dedicated more than 10 hours of my life to ADT/Defenders. The installers were at my house from 9 am to 3 pm. I spend 2 hours on the phone with the tech departments trying to get the system working. A technician came to my house today for about 30 minutes. I had also spend another hour and half trying to cancel my service. So naturally after spending 10 hours on a service that did NOT ever function properly and also after paying $85 for monitoring, $99 for installation, and $750 for an upsale equipment charge (the initial upsale the rep tried to pin on me was $5,000), I was aggravated. Well, to top of the horrible experience, I get THELMA. Why? Why? Thelma was the one who told me that I had to print out an email and fax it in order to cancel. Thelma couldn't seem to understand why I was upset. She kept telling me to stop yelling even though I wasn't yelling I was just talking over her because she never stopped talking. She was one of the typical rude, power-hungry customer service representatives. She told me that she was rude to me because I was rude to her and that I need to treat others how I want to be treated. I asked her if she had given me more than $900 of her money and if she had wasted 10 hours of her life trying to fix a service I was supposed to provide. She said, "no." She told me that it wasn't her fault the system didn't work. I told her that this is not a friendship or a relationship. I am a paying customer who has had a horrible experience and any adult with logical reasoning and business integrity would know how to communicate with such a customer. Not Thelma. Anyways, for brevity's sake, I'll conclude my review. Do not get the service. Do not believe that all you have to do is call within 3 days to cancel. The panel is old-looking (not touch screen like other more modern systems, the camera quality is poor with no sound and two-way communication, and the Zwave modem will give you problems. Just go with Vivint.com. Their package is more economical, innovative, modern, and digital. Also, their monitoring fee is cheaper for the same services. In addition, they offer a no contract plan if you pay for the equipment up front. If you can't pay for the equipment upfront, the monthly fees are so cheap and then you'll have a contract. The equipment is cheap enough that you can pay it upfront if you want. ADT's equipment fees are like double the charges of Vivint. Do not make the mistake I made.

Brian Dodson Ringgold, GA

ADT is a dishonest company that gives quotes for services that are not accurate. Unfortunately by the time you realize their deceptiveness your three days to cancel is up. After several calls to ADT they put the blame on a company out of Alabama called Defenders. The Defenders had on ADT shirts.??? After I realized ADT had no intention of honoring their original quote I declared how unsatisfied I was with their company. Their reply was "I'm sorry." AGREED! It is a scam if they knock on your door do not answer. I am giving 1 star because the technician that installed our alarm was a nice guy.

Al Maciulis Frankenmuth, MI

We were ADT customers for more than 10 years and upon retirement we decided to add video cameras to our monitoring system. Upon calling ADT we were informed per telephone that the current control panel and siren is compatible with the video camera system requested, This was totally contrary to what the installer and service technician informed us. They were evasive and not forthright especially when questions were asked. They both stated that the video cameras were not compatible with our current control panel and siren and both had to be replaced.We believed them. The price was over 800 dollars. When I noticed that after the installation the video cameras were not working properly, my wife and I were informed that it takes several days before they kick in to work. They continued not to work until the service technician returned to install the new siren. He informed us that the reason the video cameras were not working is that the video control panel was placed in the basement and not above where it should have been. The installer had put it in the wrong place and he should have known better. They spent all day doing the installation. In addition not all batteries were replaced as we were told and not all were dated. Further the next day we called their manager to document that personal items were missing following the video installation with the expectation that he would look into it upon my request and stop by to verify my complaint. He informed me that he would get back to me. This never happened. Upon return from our vacation we received an arrogant call from corporate security in Florida stating that we have no right accusing ADT for missing items. That was not our purpose. The purpose was to make them aware to hire workers with impeccable credentials. He was very aggressive and frankly insulting and stated we have no right to accuse ADT. We did not accuse them but only stated that personal items were missing after the service. It is only after my wife asked is he is a lawyer that he hung up stating that our service is terminated. This attitude is inappropriate and frankly insulting to long time customers. Thus we not only lost our service but unnecessarily over 800 dollars they did not return. In conclusion, my advice is to avoid an early positive feedback before you have not checked if any personal items are missing and make them sign a declaration that nothing was taken. Better still AVOID ADT,

Bonnie New Orleans, LA

BEWARE and STAY AWAY from ADT. This is the most unscrupulous company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. If it were possible I'd rate them negative ZERO stars because the one star you are forced to give them on all the rating sites is much too good for them. I signed up with them at the end of June in Jefferson, LA. because the house I purchased already had security equipment in it which was a big selling point for me. Their sales guy, Ramon L, said that it was compatible with their service. Lie number one. The install tech ended up removing all of my equipment and then botched the installation of the ADT equipment. Three of the system boxes are actually dangling from the wall. And rather than a lock and key to close the main box like my old box had, he rigged it by shoving a screw in the hole to keep the door closed. Also, after I stressed to the installation tech that I did not want ANY blinking lights in my bedroom, which is where the old equipment was installed. He promised me there would be no blinking lights in the bedroom, but what did he do? He put it in there anyway and I have been forced to sleep on the sofa due to the light flashing constantly and keeping me awake all night. He even damaged my closet door so that it will not close all the way anymore. Ironically, the very next day I received a postcard in the mail from ADT offering this same service for HALF the price they gave me. So, I called the sales guy, Ramon, and told him I was unhappy with the installation, sent him a photo of the postcard and told him I wanted to cancel the contract. He said he was unable to help me and referred me to his supervisor, Chris C, who assured me that if I didn't cancel that day, he would contact me after the 4th of July holiday to get everything correctly installed. That date came and went...I heard nothing. No call as promised. I might add that this was now conveniently (for them) passed the 3-day cancellation period. A month passed and still the system wasn't working. I called again to cancel the contract and as I guessed they refuse to cancel it saying it was now passed the 3-day cancellation period. After dozens of unanswered calls, texts, emails, and online chats to get the install corrected...it is still not working and they are still holding me to this fraudulent contract. It's almost comical how quickly my calls were returned before I signed that fraudulent contract. ADT is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST company that I've ever dealt with and I hope no one else ever has to go through that. They seriously need to be shut down for their unscrupulous business practices. Even their positive google reviews were bought and paid for. I'm betting mine will be removed within days, but I will repost them on every review site, Facebook page, and complaint sites, over and over, so they can no longer steal from other customers. Top it off, the tech stole the equipment I purchased with my home. He never even asked if he could take it. And the company refuses to return it. A neighbor who works for ADT said it's my own responsibility to tell them not to take it. I informed him that, NO, it is not my responsibility to see to it that their employees do not leave my home with my property. That is theft! I hope that everyone heeds the thousands of warnings about ADT in online reviews and complaints. They force you to sign a contract via a tablet type contraption and rush you while you try to read it and sign it. You have no time to actually read it thoroughly as they need to rush off to their next appointment. There is no reason anyone should be locked into an expensive contract with a THREE DAY cancellation window with a terrible company in order to pay more for substandard service and outdated equipment. There are a lot of options that do not require a contract at all - try any of those first. They have top notch up to date equipment too. These are companies that keep their customers happy based on being good honest companies with which to do business instead of using unscrupulous practices to get customers stuck in worthless contracts with huge exit costs the way ADT does.

ASHLEY KAYLAN RHINEHART Tallassee, AL

Do yourself a favor and stay away. ADT does not inform you that they are setting you up through a third party. I was planning to sell my home soon and asked about that before installing. I was told that as long as the new homeowner set up a system the services would just transfer with no penalties to me. However, when it came time for that their story changed. Apparently, ADT sells back your contract to safe streets when you cancel and safe streets is a shady company with nothing but bad reviews from what I have found. They are trying to charge me 1000 dollars even though the new homeowner set up services. Safe streets nor ADT stand by their word or their product. I will NEVER use their services again. Now I guess I will resort to legal action to resolve this HUGE and outstanding bill.

ROBIN Wilmington, NC

ADT is a joke .. I had ADT for my place of business had so many false alarms the city of Wilmington charged me.. ADT told me it could have been a spider crawling across the sensor, or the air conditioner coming on and causing a curtain to move... it was irritating but I still felt safe. This year (2018) I got a call from a business down the road from me telling me my front door was busted open. When I walked through the alarm went off and ADT called. I said someone needs to get over here I’ve been robbed. ADT technician came out and said it failed to go off when robbery happened. As I was crying I ask how is ADT going to help me (as I lost right under 50,000.00) technician replied we are not an insurance company. It bothers me because I would have referred ADT to a friend. I want to let the thousands of people know when they set their code and lock up and feel all safe and cozy.. those .99 cent stickers they give out that state “covered by ADT” is a joke and a shame that they claim to keep you protected and it’s all a lie.

Diana Cleveland, OH

I started with ADT back in 2014 when I bought my first house. Overall since installation I have had contact with the company about 3 times and each time was highly unpleasant. When I was unexpectedly laid off, there was absolutely no forgiveness--it was either pay out the rest of your contract now or just keep it. Just being laid off and told you have to pay them over $600 seemed like the cruelest joke I ever heard. I've had the alarm go off I think 3 times, each being what they classified as "false alarms" but what I consider faulty equipment--no doors/windows/motion sensor was even touched and was triggered. One time the alarm went off and they called my EX who was the very person I was scared of breaking into my home. I was assured multiple times he had been removed from the account and yet he remained the primary on my account for over a year after. The one person who could do the most harm was given primary access by ADT for over a year. I paid for ADT pulse service for the better part of my contract so I would be able to utilize the app they brag about on commercials. Never once did it work. I stood outside my front door to test and see if it would arm my house when I'm outside via the services it promises to deliver and I was paying for. The app said my house was armed. My system said otherwise, I walked right in and no alarm trigger whatsoever. Most recently I listed my house where I had the service for sale. I was bombarded by sales call after sales call to transfer my service. On the last call I informed the sales person that was now the fourth call I had received in the past hour and to please send me to the cancellation department. I was told all was handled and even asked if there was anything else they could do for me today. I said remove my phone number from your sales call list and I'll be glad to be rid of you once and for all. I got sales calls for the rest of the week. Best part, THEY DIDN'T EVEN CANCEL MY SERVICE. Matter of fact, when I called to ensure service was cancelled, they told me there was no record of that phone call and no cancellation request was made. Now, my house being sold at this point, they want me to pay for the services I no longer use, I don't own or even reside at the house where the system is located and ADT held on to the fact they have a 30 day cancellation policy. I closed on my house Jan 19th and they want me to pay a "prorated" amount until March 2nd. When it comes to paying your bills and anything money collecting related, ADT is a real pleasant company. The app was a great tool for that reason. Not so much for the mobile arming/disarming, etc. But the second you try to break up with them, ADT becomes a whole new company pulling random "facts" and "policies" from the fine print that in essence don't let you leave them without paying your soul's weight in gold. This company is nothing but another money hungry, poor quality, too big for itself corporation that focuses on all the wrong factors. They are supposed to ensure the safety and security of someone's home or business yet all they did was take my money and demand some more all the while giving a psychotic ex full access to my house. Nice to see your priorities are in order.

Rhonda Earlville, IL

Omg!! These are theee most horrid dishonest cunning and conniving people that I’ve ever dealt with! I contacted ADT, and they sent their partners in crime, known as “Safe Street USA”. I have renamed them “Shady Street”. They sent, “Don” who asked me questions that went far beyond a need to know for better knowing our security needs. He made me feel very “unsafe”. He went through the scary break-ins and murders portion of his sales pitch, and after several long stressful hours, he left. This was on 12-27/17. On 12/30/17, the alarm went off at 6:15 am. Me and my sleeping husband were the only ones in the house. We finally got it shut off at 6:17. Even though we are paying for the service where they contact you both through the unit and a phone call, ADT didn’t even respond, after TWO FULL MINUTES of the burglar alarm blaring! I called them a little after 8:00 to ask why this happened and after very rude and ignorant treatment, we decided to cancel the service. (in the state of IL, you have 3 full days to get out of contracts without being charged) After telling them that I wanted to cancel, I went through a series of transfers and disconnects. (All audio recorded from my end) Then to a guy named AUSTIN, who claimed that the system was down and not allowing him to cancel the services. I heard this lie over the entire new year, and on 1/2/18, they then claimed that I didn’t call and cancel before the 3 day period was up!? To date I am dealing with ADT and Safe Street on a daily basis... and have turned this information over to our local state attorney, the attorney general and even consulted a private attorney! These people are the worst of the worst and have put us through total hell!!

Jerry Lyne Clay Center, KS

In February, Safe Streets, USA sold my father a security system. He is 94 years old, legally blind, almost deaf and lives in a town of less than 5000 people where doors are seldomly locked. In less than 30 days he contacted them and asked that they cancel the contract and remove their equipment. After making a couple more payments, he again contacted them and asked them to cancel the contract and he stopped the automatic payment being drafted on his bank. I called them May 24 and asked why it had not been cancelled. I was told he only had 3 days (they told him 30) to cancel and if the contract was terminated at this time he would be expected to pay the balance of the contract, $900. I explained that, under the circu8mstances, he should have never been sold the service to begin with and the proper/moral thing to do would be to cancel the contract and waive the fee. I was told this was not possible and they would be turning it over to a collection company that would be calling him to demand payment. This appears to be a company that is only interested in making money, even if it means preying on the elderly who have no need for a system.

Jesse Perryman Gurnee, IL

Garbage customer service. Their equipment burned up the wires in my doorbell chime an hour after install. They wouldn't come back right away b/c it was a Saturday. Been trying to cancel and being told that I need to pay a early term penalty and give 30 day notice even though I signed up with them 18 days ago and their equipment could have burned my home down.

Ryan P Denver, CO

I entered into a 3 year contract with 'ADT' and 'Safe Street'. Upon completion of my contract, they have locked my control panel from ever being useable with another provider. I have asked several people with customer service, only to be told the unlock code is 'proprietary' and locking the equipment to only them, even thou you paid them for it. This essentially locks you permanently into a contract with them, even though you agreed to a term, they want you forever.

Janice Milwaukee, WI

I had my alarm system installed last year September or October I was told that I would be receiving $100 visa card I have not received this visa card and it is now April 2020 and I have still not heard anything from this company when I first had conversations with them they told me they could put the money back in my bank account I don’t know I did not want anyone who wanted toMy account Their customer service is horrible

Nayak Gaithersburg, MD

I have been having a VERY bad experience with ADT, I got a quote for $27/ month but the installer misled me on the price and charging me $57. Importantly, I reported a problem with my equipment for over 3 months, it is still not fixed. I reported to the corporate office, they were not of any help and I am stuck with a 5 years contract. What a shame to have this kind of company in the market who mislead the customers. I strongly discourage everyone to use ADT for their security because I do not know if my home is protected or not. Thaeu have not fixed my problem yet.

John Kreighbaum Royse City, TX

Bate and switch would best describe this company and their marketing. If you are drawn in by their pricing incentives and glitzy advertising while allowing them to send a technician to survey your needs, you are making a mistake. Never again will I have anything to do with ADT. This is a front to get a pressure sales person into your home to install a pricy system. Very misleading and expensive. Do not trust these people.

Linda Elizabethton, TN

My mother used ADT for many, many years and paid an unusually high monthly fee. (Her premiums did nothing but go up while new customers were given lower rates.) When she had a stroke followed by skilled nursing home care and death, I called to have the service discontinued. Did they express gratitude for her years of paying them or refuse to cancel until the request for put into writing, enabling them to get another one and 1/2 more months in payments? Bet you guessed correctly! I will never forgive them for being so hard hearted and money hungry and would never recommend them.