Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security systems, GPS, monitoring services, and automation solutions, and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992.

Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, and the company provides free equipment with its security services, including a control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, and window sensors.

With an exceptionally low monthly monitoring fee, free equipment, and no upfront fees, Protect America is the leading home security company in the industry. The company has the highest overall rating in the home security industry on BestCompany.com as well as a quality star rating from consumers.

Protect America is one of the most trusted and high-quality security solutions we've seen. Read the company highlights and see Protect America reviews from real consumers below.

Click Here to Read Protect America Reviews

The Good

• Protect America Cost
  • DIY Installation
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Variety of Home Security Packages
  • 24/7 Video Monitoring
  • Industry Experience
  • Protect America Reviews

Protect America Cost

Protect America's monthly fee ranges from $19.99$41.99. With these prices, the yearly cost ranges from $239–$503. Protect America's complete cost over the course of the 36-month contract ranges from $719–$1,511.

This price includes 24/7 monitoring, no installation or equipment fees, a price match guarantee, and a locked-in rate. Customers who purchase Protect America's basic home security package will pay $19.99 per month, and customers who purchase the more advanced package with cellular monitoring and remote access to their system will pay $41.99 per month.

The higher cost for the cellular monitoring is due to the increased services and features (such as remote control of a security camera, real-time alerts from motion sensors, and other home automation features) that are not available with landline monitoring only.

$41.99 per month for added features and cellular monitoring is still a competitive price and one of the most affordable offers in the market.

Compared to other do-it-yourself solutions, Protect America prices are very low. Most self-installed security system companies offering free equipment simply make you pay for it in the form of high-cost monthly monitoring services. This isn't the case with Protect America.

Free Protect America Equipment

While other home security system companies offer free equipment, few match Protect America in both the quantity and quality of the free equipment. Protect America equipment cost is absolutely free and includes the following with most of its packages:

• 1 control panel
  • 3 door and window sensors
  • 1 motion detector

The free door and window sensors have a five-year battery life and can be quickly and easily self-installed. The wireless sensors have a horizontal coverage range of 25 feet and can detect movement by intelligently sensing head emissions. They are pet-friendly, ignoring movement from objects 40 pounds or less.

Protect America equipment cost is completely free and is known for its high quality, beating out the majority of the home security company's competitors.

No Installation Fees

Unlike many other home security companies, Protect America does not charge installation fees. When you sign up for their services, you don't have to risk a burglar targeting your home before you can afford the cost of home security installation. You can get Protect America's protection right away.

Money-Back Guarantee

Protect America offers a 15-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This gives customers time to test out the company's service and its security system before fully committing to the contract.

DIY Installation

Protect America's home security system is a do-it-yourself solution that takes less than one hour to set up. DIY security systems are convenient because it allows consumers to skip pricey and lengthy professional installations.

Many home security providers require costly professional installation and can take weeks to set up a date and time that works with the customer's schedule. Customers are also likely to be more familiar with the security equipment since they are the ones setting it up.

Many Protect America reviews below reference the quick and simple installation as a major benefit and relief.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20 per month, you typically shouldn't expect your home security package to include home automation features; however, Protect America does include wireless control options.

Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone. Here is a breakdown of Protect America's home automation options:

Protect America Mobile App

Protect America's mobile app gives you control of your home security system from anywhere. From monitoring your entry points and controlling your appliances (garage door, thermostat, lights, and other appliances) to getting 24/7 access to live video of your home, you can stay apprised of your home security at all times and manage your security system with ease.

The app also sends notifications of any security alerts you need to be aware of, such as suspicious activity or system malfunction.

August Smart Lock Pro

The August Lock is a smart lock you can control and monitor from anywhere at any time with the Protect America app. The door lock works with single cylinder deadbolts and similar to other Protect America security equipment, you can easily install it yourself within minutes.

With Protect America's door sensor and smart door lock, you never have to worry about someone entering your home through the door without you knowing, and you don't have to panic when you forget to lock the door; you can track any activity at your doorstep and remotely lock and secure your door immediately with the Protect America app.

This also means you don't have to carry around a home key because you have access to keyless entry with your smart lock. The August Smart Lock Pro is also compatible with Siri, Alexa, and the Google Assistant, so you can use any of these devices to control your smart lock that way if you prefer. Additionally, the August Lock works with Z-Wave Plus systems as well as Bluetooth.

Linear Garage Door Controller

Through the use of your Protect America app or your security system panel, you can remotely open and close your sectional garage door. This makes it simple to come and go quickly and ensures you can close or open the garage door while away from home. Your home never has to be left unprotected.

Z-Wave Light and Appliance Module

The Z-Wave technology module allows you to turn the lights on and off throughout your home as well as dim them. You can do this through the Protect America app or through a web browser. This wireless control gives your home automation more functionality and increased customization.

Amazon Echo Dot Integration

Protect America's home security system is compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot, which enables you to control your Protect America home automation features with the use of your Amazon Echo.

Few home security companies provide such compatibility and universality when it comes to integrating existing home automation equipment with new home security equipment provided by the company.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. As detailed above, Protect America equipment is also free, including one control panel, three door and window sensors, and one motion detector.

Protect America's alarm system provides monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband, and cellular communication; it's a rarity for a security company to provide all three of these warranties in the residential security system industry.

This type of superior customer service is another way Protect America has set itself apart from its competition.

Variety of Home Security Packages

Protect America offers multiple home security packages that you can customize to fit your particular needs. Each package includes free equipment, free activation, and professional 24/7 monitoring.

You can also upgrade any package to include smart home automation capabilities. For a customized instant quote, you can contact Protect America through the "Visit Site" button at the top of this profile page. Package details for Protect America's three main home security plans are below:

Copper Package

• 3 door/window sensors

Silver Package

• 9 door/window sensors

Platinum Package

• 14 door/window sensors

24/7 Video Monitoring

Protect America's security cameras have 24/7 live video monitoring. There is also a two-way voice capability service that enables communication on both ends. Read Protect America security reviews below to see what customers have to say about video monitoring capabilities.

Industry Experience

Protect America alarm system has been in business since 1992. Having a home security company that has ample experience in alarm systems and burglar and theft situations can give homeowners peace of mind that their home and family will be in good hands.

Protect America has had decades to develop a home security system and alarm monitoring company that is efficient, trustworthy, and affordable.

Protect America Reviews

Protect America reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding them an extremely high star rating from consumers. Protect America reviews highlight exceptional customer service, quality equipment, simple installation, and affordable prices.

Satisfactory reviews for Protect America provide peace of mind that the home security company is respected by the majority of its customers. Protect America users are clearly impressed and happy with its products and services.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of the alarm company for some people is its 36-month contract. However, lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the home security system industry.

A somewhat lengthy contract is much more common for companies that offer low-cost monitoring fees and free equipment as Protect America does. Read Protect America reviews below to see how customers feel about the lengthy contract and the home security provider as a whole.

Cancellation Terms

If customers decide to cancel their contracts before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the remaining balance. However, this isn't uncommon with home security companies and Protect America offers an extremely low monthly monitoring fee with no upfront fees or equipment costs.

With this in mind, the long-term contract and cancellation terms may not be a problem.

The Bottom Line

With an impressive array of free equipment, affordable monthly monitoring service, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, the Protect America security system is one of the most affordable security systems on the market today.

Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as extensive home automation features.

Protect America does require a contract; however, contracts are not unusual for home security companies and Protect America's prices are one of the most affordable security solutions in the market. Also, you may feel more comfortable signing a long-term contract after reading the overwhelmingly positive Protect America reviews (shown below).

Protect America security reviews indicate the home security provider beats out most of its competition in terms of value for the price, customer service, and satisfaction.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

Carletha Wilson
February 21st, 2017 Stoneville, NC

I'm very satisfied with the product, service, and just overall.

Sal Cassaro
February 21st, 2017 Westfield, NJ

Somebody broke in and robbed our house - that's why we decided to purchase Protect America. They're very helpful anytime you have a problem, just call them up and they'd take care of it. I'm A hundred percent satisfied with the service.

Darin/Nadine B
February 21st, 2017 DeLand, FL

At the time our vehicles had been vandalized twice while they were on our driveway and we did not hear anything and were afraid that whoever went after the cars will go after the house so that's why we got the security system. My husband did some research online and we're looking for something that was affordable where we didn't need to knock-hole in the walls and I guess Protect America has some good reviews at that time so we decide to try it out. Our overall experience has been pretty good, my husband done most of the you know putting it up and everything, he said pretty simple and it seems to work pretty well too. Their customer service is pretty good when we call with the question or any kind of problems.

Allen & Janie
February 21st, 2017 Washington, DC

My wife purchased this. My satisfaction with service is great and the equipment is good.

Daniel/Evaleen Burch
February 2nd, 2017 Baltimore, MD

We were moved to Protect America when Astronics went out of Business. Protect America has been good though. Everyone has been really courteous and polite when I call them with questions. I haven't had any problems at all.

Marketa Howard
February 2nd, 2017 Manchester, KY

I've been with Protect America for over 10 years because I want to protect my home and family. I'd give them a 100%

Jason Smith
February 2nd, 2017 Lake Geneva, WI

We decided to get a security system because some robbers broke into our next-door neighbors house and they had a lot of problems. We used to have the wireless-cell service and that worked well. We decided to switch to the internet based connection and it isn't as good. We have issues sometimes with our sensors. The company is good to deal with though. I'd give them a 7 or 8.

Larry / Julie Jones
February 2nd, 2017 Temecula, CA

This company is very responsive and easy to work with, and the system is very excellent. We have a security system to protect our growing family, and Protect America does a great job.

Robert Shore
February 2nd, 2017 Leesburg, VA

I travel a lot, so I wanted to make sure that my family, home and belongings are all protected. Their fees are a little high for me, so i'd give them an 8.

Patricia Cubeta
February 2nd, 2017 San Antonio, TX

I live alone and wanted to feel protected. A friend told me about Protect America so I signed up with them. I like it very much! Some times I'll accidentally trip the alarm and they'll call me right away, its nice to know that it works and they are doing their job.

John Herron
February 2nd, 2017 Seattle, WA

We actually decided to get a security system because it lowers our insurance rates. The system is easy to use and actually works well. We have been with them for years and love them!

Amy & David Baker
February 2nd, 2017 Columbia, MD

Protect America has been great to deal with and the system is so easy to use. We have been with them for years so that we can continue to protect our family.

Jean Nicolas
February 2nd, 2017 Frankfort, IL

I wanted to protect my home and belongings, so I got an alarm system. I have been with them for years, and I have never had any issues. The service is satisfactory.

Lori/Donald Sears
February 2nd, 2017 Bloomington, IN

We have had the system for a long time. It has been pretty straightforward to use and works reliably.

Donnie and Susan Branam
February 2nd, 2017 Somerset, PA

We were robbed a while back, so I did research online and heard about Protect America. Its been a good service for us. I have been with them for years and plan on staying with them.

Maria Kennedy
February 2nd, 2017 Alamo, TX

I wanted to increase home protection but not have to pay too much. A friend told me about Protect America. The alarm system is very easy to use, and the company easy to deal with. You get what they describe.

Seneca
February 2nd, 2017 Tucson, AZ

I live alone so I wanted to feel safe. I saw an ad online and did a bit of reading up on them. The system was very easy to set up, and the company is very efficient. I give them 10 stars, A+

Lloyd Ehrhardt
February 2nd, 2017 Rio Rancho, NM

The world is a scary place right now, so I decided to get a home security system. A family member told me about these guys. We haven't had any problems, so we're pretty happy with them.

Jerry & Trena Jenkins
February 2nd, 2017 Ellerbe, NC

Our house got broken into and it was terrible, so we decided to get a home security system. A friend told us about Protect America and we have been nothing but satisfied with it. I would give them a 6

Malynda Clanton
February 2nd, 2017 Bay City, TX

My wife signed us up, but I have been pleased with it. It is nice to have our home protected. There was a break-in, but the system notified us that someone had broken in, and law-enforcement also contacted us. IT worked great.

Donn Kilingman
February 2nd, 2017 Bloomington, IL

I used to had ADT and really didn't like it. I came across these guys online and they have been making waves in the industry. I have been very satisfied with the service so far. Its all easy and straightforward.

Raymond & Stephanie Vaisa
February 2nd, 2017 Dumfries, VA

I like the idea of being protected in my home. My neighbor has protect america and was showing me the system, I really liked how easy it was so I decided to give them a try too. I am very satisfied with the product.

Stephanie Tufaro
February 2nd, 2017 Metairie, LA

I have had this system for a really long time, and it has been great. I like having the panic button. I haven't had any problems really, and I would definitely recommend this service.

Gertrude Jones
February 2nd, 2017 Robersonville, NC

I saw a commercial on TV for protect america so I thought I'd give it a try. I thought I could use a security system since I live alone. It has been a wonderful service. I have had no problems with the company either.

Van & Ann Hughes
February 2nd, 2017 Milton, NC

I am always worried about someone breaking-and-entering into our home. A co-worker was telling me about Protect America so I decided to give them a try. I've been pretty satisfied with their service.

Ann
February 2nd, 2017 Elkin, NC

I live alone, so my son got Protect America for me. I was most concerned about my doors and ground-level windows, so its nice to have sensors on them. I am very satisfied with the service, and it was so easy to install.

Donald & Mary Teseniar
February 2nd, 2017 Forest City, NC

We have been looking for a home security system for a long time. We saw a commercial for Protect America and they just made sense so we called them. it is a good deal and it is easy to use. Customer service is easy to deal with too.

Andy Snelten
February 2nd, 2017 Lake Villa, IL

I went with Protect America because I wanted home security and they just made the most sense to me. We have had no problems at all it has been great. I would give them a perfect 10.

Roy Carter
February 2nd, 2017 Culpeper, VA

Our home had been broken into before, so we decided to get a security system. Protect america was such a great deal. We have been very pleased with there service.

John Godfrey
February 2nd, 2017 San Antonio, TX

We actually inherited the system when we moved into this house, but we've been really pleased with the service. I just wish that my plan had a security camera, but other than that everything is great.

Richard & Lillian Isonhood
February 2nd, 2017 Allenhurst, GA

We just bought a house and want to make sure that it is protected. I have had the system for a while and i've been extremely satisfied with the service and with the company. I give them a 10 and would recommend them to anyone.

Andy & Davis Denis
February 2nd, 2017 New Market, AL

I have the platinum plan. I found PA through an online search. I got the system for peace of mind because there have been a lot of break-ins in my area. Everything has been pretty good. i give them a 9.

Kelli & John Conroy
February 2nd, 2017 Charlotte Hall, MD

I've been with Protect America for over 10 years. I got a security system for peace of mind when my husband is out of town. I give them a 7 out of 10 because sometimes the sensors don't work quite right.

Nancy Swan
February 2nd, 2017 Murrieta, CA

One of my neighbors got broken into so I wanted to make sure that my home was protected. I found them online, and I have been pretty satisfied. The last couple of years though a few of my sensors haven't been working and they wont come out to repair them so I don't know what tot do. The price is pretty fair, which is why I am keeping them. The service has been fine, I just wish they would make the repairs to my sensors. I give them a 7.

Ray & Rosylon Patrick
February 2nd, 2017 Flint, MI

My husband got their service for us and it has been fine. Customer service and sales have been fine to work with and the system works pretty good. I would give them a 10.

Janice Harris
February 2nd, 2017 Danville, VA

My mother and brother both have this service and recommended it to me because I was living out of state and my home was vacant. So far I've been very pleased with the service. I have had zero problems and I have already recommended them to several people. I would give them a 10/10.

Kristia Spight
February 2nd, 2017 Detroit, MI

I found Protect American through an online search. I like the system, its effective and it seems to work. I give them a 7.

Coswell Depeiza
February 2nd, 2017 Gainesville, FL

I have been in 2 break-ins and I recently moved to a high-crime area so I feel that I really need it. I am extremely satisfied with the service and the company has been excellent to deal with. The only thing is that the tabs on the back of the sensors seem to fall apart pretty quickly, they could improve those I think. I think i'd give them a 9.

Thomas & Carol Oliver
February 2nd, 2017 Hartsville, SC

There were a lot of robberies in our area, so we decided to get a home alarm. Their costs are reasonable, the equipment and service is excellent. i would recommend them to anybody. I give them a 10.

Joel Blanchette
February 2nd, 2017 Miami Beach, FL

I went with Protect America because of their basic monthly service. I had it installed in my condo in Miami so that it can be protected when I am away. The service gets better and better over time, too. My only qualm is the customer support team. When you call they can be very rude and unprofessional. They seem uneducated and just like low-level people.

Richard Leary
February 2nd, 2017 New Bern, NC

I have had Protect America for years. They have always been very helpful and i've never had any issues. I give them a 10.

Cyndi Sabatino
February 2nd, 2017 Portland, TN

I am a single mom with small children and I want to feel secure. So I got the security system. I actually got an advertisement in the mail and decided to try it. My experience has been great. The only thing that I don't really appreciate is that I have to install the system myself. You ave have to put the sensors on the doors and windows and they walk you through the process over the phone. They don't come out to the home anymore. I don't like that I can't acknowledge if I installed things correctly to protect my home and my family. But other than that, I give them a 10.

Blake Poltz
February 2nd, 2017 Wenatchee, WA

I love all of the features with Protect America. I have a camera set up at both doors and I can view them from my cell-phone whenever I want. I can also check to make sure that they system is armed. We got the system because I want to protect our new home that we just built. I found Protect America online and I have loved it. I give them a 10 out of 10.

Brian Kelley
February 2nd, 2017 Selbyville, DE

There have been a lot of break-ins in my neighborhood lately, so I did some research online and came across Protect America. My experience with the company has been great so far, from talking to customer service to setting up the system. I would give them 10 stars out of 10.

Anthony Smalls
February 2nd, 2017 St Helena Island, SC

I heard about Protect America from a friend and decided to go with them to help prevent a break in to the house. The service and sales team have both been excellent. 10/10!

Elma Snipes
February 2nd, 2017 Cary, NC

I purchased a security system after hearing about Protect America from my daughter. The service was very good.

Vincent & Frances Cronan
February 2nd, 2017 Reading, PA

I initially had ADT and was not happy with their service, so I switched to Protect America. Their service has been very good. But sometimes they're hard to get a hold of by phone. You can reach them on the internet, but I'm not always able to do that.

Fountain of Deliverance
February 2nd, 2017 Lumberton, NC

We've been broken into a couple of times, so we decided to get Protect America after my daughter referred us. I've been very satisfied with the service. I give them a 10 because they answer my questions when I call and get back to me when I need them to.

Chester Bahn
February 2nd, 2017 Sierra Vista, AZ

Since I live close to the border, I decided it might be a good idea to get a security system. The representative on the phone talked me through how to put in the alarm system. They're very knowledgeable in the system and helped to find the protection I wanted. We've been very satisfied with Protect America.

Albert & Gail Jones
February 2nd, 2017 Goldsboro, NC

Coincidentally, we talked about getting a security system, and the next day, it was in the paper! We've been with Protect America for 14 years and are very satisfied! We've never had any problems. They're a fine company.