Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security systems, GPS, monitoring services, and automation solutions, and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992.

Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, and the company provides free equipment with its security services, including a control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, and window sensors.

With an exceptionally low monthly monitoring fee, free equipment, and no upfront fees, Protect America is the leading home security company in the industry. The company has the highest overall rating in the home security industry on BestCompany.com as well as a quality star rating from consumers.

Protect America is one of the most trusted and high-quality security solutions we've seen. Read the company highlights and see Protect America reviews from real consumers below.

Click Here to Read Protect America Reviews

The Good

• Protect America Cost
  • DIY Installation
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Variety of Home Security Packages
  • 24/7 Video Monitoring
  • Industry Experience
  • Protect America Reviews

Protect America Cost

Protect America's monthly fee ranges from $19.99$41.99. With these prices, the yearly cost ranges from $239–$503. Protect America's complete cost over the course of the 36-month contract ranges from $719–$1,511.

This price includes 24/7 monitoring, no installation or equipment fees, a price match guarantee, and a locked-in rate. Customers who purchase Protect America's basic home security package will pay $19.99 per month, and customers who purchase the more advanced package with cellular monitoring and remote access to their system will pay $41.99 per month.

The higher cost for the cellular monitoring is due to the increased services and features (such as remote control of a security camera, real-time alerts from motion sensors, and other home automation features) that are not available with landline monitoring only.

$41.99 per month for added features and cellular monitoring is still a competitive price and one of the most affordable offers in the market.

Compared to other do-it-yourself solutions, Protect America prices are very low. Most self-installed security system companies offering free equipment simply make you pay for it in the form of high-cost monthly monitoring services. This isn't the case with Protect America.

Free Protect America Equipment

While other home security system companies offer free equipment, few match Protect America in both the quantity and quality of the free equipment. Protect America equipment cost is absolutely free and includes the following with most of its packages:

• 1 control panel
  • 3 door and window sensors
  • 1 motion detector

The free door and window sensors have a five-year battery life and can be quickly and easily self-installed. The wireless sensors have a horizontal coverage range of 25 feet and can detect movement by intelligently sensing head emissions. They are pet-friendly, ignoring movement from objects 40 pounds or less.

Protect America equipment cost is completely free and is known for its high quality, beating out the majority of the home security company's competitors.

No Installation Fees

Unlike many other home security companies, Protect America does not charge installation fees. When you sign up for their services, you don't have to risk a burglar targeting your home before you can afford the cost of home security installation. You can get Protect America's protection right away.

Money-Back Guarantee

Protect America offers a 15-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This gives customers time to test out the company's service and its security system before fully committing to the contract.

DIY Installation

Protect America's home security system is a do-it-yourself solution that takes less than one hour to set up. DIY security systems are convenient because it allows consumers to skip pricey and lengthy professional installations.

Many home security providers require costly professional installation and can take weeks to set up a date and time that works with the customer's schedule. Customers are also likely to be more familiar with the security equipment since they are the ones setting it up.

Many Protect America reviews below reference the quick and simple installation as a major benefit and relief.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20 per month, you typically shouldn't expect your home security package to include home automation features; however, Protect America does include wireless control options.

Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone. Here is a breakdown of Protect America's home automation options:

Protect America Mobile App

Protect America's mobile app gives you control of your home security system from anywhere. From monitoring your entry points and controlling your appliances (garage door, thermostat, lights, and other appliances) to getting 24/7 access to live video of your home, you can stay apprised of your home security at all times and manage your security system with ease.

The app also sends notifications of any security alerts you need to be aware of, such as suspicious activity or system malfunction.

August Smart Lock Pro

The August Lock is a smart lock you can control and monitor from anywhere at any time with the Protect America app. The door lock works with single cylinder deadbolts and similar to other Protect America security equipment, you can easily install it yourself within minutes.

With Protect America's door sensor and smart door lock, you never have to worry about someone entering your home through the door without you knowing, and you don't have to panic when you forget to lock the door; you can track any activity at your doorstep and remotely lock and secure your door immediately with the Protect America app.

This also means you don't have to carry around a home key because you have access to keyless entry with your smart lock. The August Smart Lock Pro is also compatible with Siri, Alexa, and the Google Assistant, so you can use any of these devices to control your smart lock that way if you prefer. Additionally, the August Lock works with Z-Wave Plus systems as well as Bluetooth.

Linear Garage Door Controller

Through the use of your Protect America app or your security system panel, you can remotely open and close your sectional garage door. This makes it simple to come and go quickly and ensures you can close or open the garage door while away from home. Your home never has to be left unprotected.

Z-Wave Light and Appliance Module

The Z-Wave technology module allows you to turn the lights on and off throughout your home as well as dim them. You can do this through the Protect America app or through a web browser. This wireless control gives your home automation more functionality and increased customization.

Amazon Echo Dot Integration

Protect America's home security system is compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot, which enables you to control your Protect America home automation features with the use of your Amazon Echo.

Few home security companies provide such compatibility and universality when it comes to integrating existing home automation equipment with new home security equipment provided by the company.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. As detailed above, Protect America equipment is also free, including one control panel, three door and window sensors, and one motion detector.

Protect America's alarm system provides monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband, and cellular communication; it's a rarity for a security company to provide all three of these warranties in the residential security system industry.

This type of superior customer service is another way Protect America has set itself apart from its competition.

Variety of Home Security Packages

Protect America offers multiple home security packages that you can customize to fit your particular needs. Each package includes free equipment, free activation, and professional 24/7 monitoring.

You can also upgrade any package to include smart home automation capabilities. For a customized instant quote, you can contact Protect America through the "Visit Site" button at the top of this profile page. Package details for Protect America's three main home security plans are below:

Copper Package

• 3 door/window sensors

Silver Package

• 9 door/window sensors

Platinum Package

• 14 door/window sensors

24/7 Video Monitoring

Protect America's security cameras have 24/7 live video monitoring. There is also a two-way voice capability service that enables communication on both ends. Read Protect America security reviews below to see what customers have to say about video monitoring capabilities.

Industry Experience

Protect America alarm system has been in business since 1992. Having a home security company that has ample experience in alarm systems and burglar and theft situations can give homeowners peace of mind that their home and family will be in good hands.

Protect America has had decades to develop a home security system and alarm monitoring company that is efficient, trustworthy, and affordable.

Protect America Reviews

Protect America reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding them an extremely high star rating from consumers. Protect America reviews highlight exceptional customer service, quality equipment, simple installation, and affordable prices.

Satisfactory reviews for Protect America provide peace of mind that the home security company is respected by the majority of its customers. Protect America users are clearly impressed and happy with its products and services.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of the alarm company for some people is its 36-month contract. However, lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the home security system industry.

A somewhat lengthy contract is much more common for companies that offer low-cost monitoring fees and free equipment as Protect America does. Read Protect America reviews below to see how customers feel about the lengthy contract and the home security provider as a whole.

Cancellation Terms

If customers decide to cancel their contracts before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the remaining balance. However, this isn't uncommon with home security companies and Protect America offers an extremely low monthly monitoring fee with no upfront fees or equipment costs.

With this in mind, the long-term contract and cancellation terms may not be a problem.

The Bottom Line

With an impressive array of free equipment, affordable monthly monitoring service, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, the Protect America security system is one of the most affordable security systems on the market today.

Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as extensive home automation features.

Protect America does require a contract; however, contracts are not unusual for home security companies and Protect America's prices are one of the most affordable security solutions in the market. Also, you may feel more comfortable signing a long-term contract after reading the overwhelmingly positive Protect America reviews (shown below).

Protect America security reviews indicate the home security provider beats out most of its competition in terms of value for the price, customer service, and satisfaction.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

Wilson/ Barbara Vinson
February 21st, 2017 Murfreesboro, NC

The guys at Protect America are 100% - no problem with them, I call them up and whoever I talk to if I have a problem they get it's straight right away. The only thing I can say is anybody that go with them should be a 100% satisfied with them because they don't give you no bull and run around, they straight upfront with you.

Denise and Charles Clayton
February 21st, 2017 Greensboro, NC

Protect America has been very professional. We went with them because of the price

Mary Hinton
February 21st, 2017 Spring Hope, NC

I'm a bit dissatisfied because they basically refused to send someone out to correct what needs to be corrected. The equipment is fine when it works

Walter Crawford
February 21st, 2017 Redford Charter, MI

I need to get in contact with them because after this I still need a couple of things to be done around my home, that is a couple of windows that I need to be cover. The sales team is really good.

Sherrie and Steven Humbertson
February 21st, 2017 Winchester, VA

They've always been really great about if we wanted to add anything else on, they've always been very helpful and whenever we add something on they make it happen very quickly and we never had an issue at all with them. Overall, they've been pretty easy to work with and we're pretty satisfied.

Joe
February 21st, 2017 Huntington Station, NY

I have the Simon alarm system. It's very easy to use.

Danny Rhoton
February 21st, 2017 White Pine, TN

I recommend it to everybody. All I can say is they're excellent people to work with, I get along with them good and everything and they just fantastic, amazing

Dorothy Rall
February 21st, 2017 Litchfield Park, AZ

"I was using ADT and was not happy with their system and I get some research and found out about Protect America and then there was a true wireless systems that you could just basically bell - prompt to your location that you needed and it's very appealing to me and I like the way the website looks for the company and all the different comments and everything else lifted so I called them and decided to keep going with it and that's the time I was in Anaheim CA and I had just had my garage burglarized so after that episode is when I decided I needed to have a little bit better safety monitoring, security monitoring in my house. Protect America works and I'll give you an example: if you unfortunately trigger the system by yourself and don't reach the way to turn it off in time Protect America gives a quick calls just to make sure you're not being invaded or broken into or anything like that so it's nice to always have safeguard where they call you and that was very good and it's quick too it's within seconds after you reach that point so it's kind of a nice safeguard and I do like the fact that monthly they want you to do system check to make sure everything's working well."

Barney & Carol
February 21st, 2017 Lebanon, KY

Their sales team is superior, I mean they work with us in any big any way possible that you know, we've upgraded up lot since we first started with them so we just really like them. Other than like I said we are very happy customers and we're with them for 16+ years and like I say we've actually changed, we upgraded our system a couple of times and when we first started with them all you could get was just alarm for your doors and windows and now we have..if somebody breaks up a glass the alarm goes off we have the fire, the fire alarm go out and they call the police and fire departments for you and to me you can't just get no better than what they are

Brenda Harris
February 21st, 2017 Moxee, WA

I'm very satisfied with the sales team. I was very satisfied with them until I get the new monitor and then I wasn't able to get the alarm on the door so they sent me some other stuff to do it with.

Anna Lasalle
February 21st, 2017 Carrollton, VA

Many years ago they we're in the area and they just came to the door. Since the the service has been declining. We were with them for like 15 years and we're still using the same equipment and the biggest thing is they don't have anyone in the area to come in and help you if you need it installed, you're own your own.

Reginald Williams
February 21st, 2017 Chesapeake, VA

Great experience, no problems at all. They have a great customer service team, they're patient, they give you a lot of attention to ensure that the equipment is working properly.

Delores White
February 21st, 2017 Gonzales, LA

I have the doors and window sensor. I have a motion detector and that's all I got, just the basic alarm with the doors and windows and the motion detector. Love them... I never had any problems with them and if I did have a problem or something I needed to be troubleshot I'll call them and they walked me through it and I never had a problem. I'm 100% satisfied with them because one day I called and he noticed that I had an older system and he told me about upgrading me to the new system and stuff like that 'cause things had changed and I didn't know about that until I called and he offered to put me a new system and they sent it right out so they upgraded it. just over all it's just a great company I never had any problem with them compare to some of the things I heard people say about other alarm companies. It's very easy it's not complicated, you can install it yourself and if you do need help there's a 1800 number where you can call for tech support..it's not really difficult at all because I done it myself.

Mary Bell
February 21st, 2017 Havelock, NC

Well my husband died and my children feel like I needed a security system. Everything works fine. They've always been there when I needed

Sterling Hyden
February 21st, 2017 Corsicana, TX

They're great, easy to work with. Everything was easy to set up and everything was pretty well self explained on how to set it up.

Crystal Strait
February 21st, 2017 Sidney, MT

Very satisfied. They're just very helpful whenever you need something and the equipment works well.

Floyd & Jessie Lawrence
February 21st, 2017 Newton, NC

We had some problems but but their people help us out greatly and ever since then it's been working just fine. Overall, the service has been pretty good.

Christopher Amaris
February 21st, 2017 Miami, FL

I found Protect America by Googling it and comparing it to other ones that were on the reviews so basically I'm my own research. The alarm is okay, I'll give them a 7..The installing of the equipment was easy, the quality equipment sometimes outdated compared to other companies.

Charles Stevenson
February 21st, 2017 Bonifay, FL

We purchased the home security system when they came by the house.They're good, when the alarm system goes off it's not 3 seconds when they call in so I love it.

Esther Cox
February 21st, 2017 St. Louis, MO

As soon as my contract, I'll be glad to get rid of them. I would recommend them to the worst person in the world, they have very poor customer service.

Julie Anderson
February 21st, 2017 Stanchfield, MN

The salespeople there seemed aware, other one just say a stuff. Service is about a 6/10 and the product is about 7/10.

Abraham Singletary
February 21st, 2017 Winterville, NC

I have the whole wireless window, door video camera everything. They are 10/10 and I am greatly satisfied.

John & Frederica Marshall
February 21st, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

We had a few issues which were taken care right away. They are excellent.

Ricky Paylor
February 21st, 2017 Louisburg, NC

I haven't had any break ins so I'm guess I'm satisfied. I haven't had a problem with it

Valerie Gray
February 21st, 2017 Jonesboro, GA

They're a good alarm company. But I've had 2 break ins so I don't know, I mean it's okay. I have had someone come out but I was dissatisfied that they do it wireless and one of the monitors did come off already and I've been trying to get that stick back on

Jay Shavitz
February 21st, 2017 Little River, SC

Technical support is now offered only online not by telephone, that's been a little bit frustrating at times. I have a security system and monthly monitoring service.

GD
February 21st, 2017 Sawmill, AZ

We had break ins in our house. I think they are mostly good.

Ronald Hughes
February 21st, 2017 Sierra Vista, AZ

I start using Protect America's home security because I was actually someone who was selling the service. Everything is excellent.

Carol Treese
February 21st, 2017 Woodway, TX

I've found Protect America's equipment and service unsatisfactory.

LJ
February 21st, 2017 Temecula, CA

I have a monthly monitoring service and their equipment in my home. Been a customer for a long time. It was a little tricky setting it up myself but they walked me through it and were very patient, I've moved three times and each time they you know take up a time to help me reset up everything so I'm sure as far as the complexity it's probably equal among different companies so, they were able to help me so that was good

Roseanne Mcguire
February 21st, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

Getting locks and sensors from Protect America just seem like the right thing to do, I don't live in a bad neighborhood I just bought that this might be good to do 'cause I have 3 big sons so I don't have to worry about that so I just decided that I wanted to do that. I don't really have conversation with the sales team very much and everything is fine, it's doing good

Michelle Stewart
February 21st, 2017 Springfield, OR

Protect America has been very professional. I think it was kinda difficult, but okay.

Ivan Engelhardt
February 21st, 2017 Newman Lake, WA

My wife was out here on the evenings and I wasn't here I was working so we made it, we put it on so we have some protection. Everything has been good. I own the equipment but it is good, their service is really good.

Robert Robertson
February 21st, 2017 Greensboro, NC

I like my service so far I have nothing to complain about it. Everyone was very polite and very courteous so I think they're really doing a great job. I am very satisfied- I've been using this for about 15 years or more. The only thing I have is I'm having problem with the wireless system that I got from my windows. I got one I pay for it and I have to send it back, I got another one and this one does not work either, one work and one business so I still have the one one that is not protected.

Richard Sawyer
February 21st, 2017 Yucaipa, CA

The product is excellent. it has sensor, motion sensor and then the one are window sensor, the maintenance was fine, the control board help wireless..it didn't require a phone line that's why I got it. I feel good about the service too.

Joe Ammons
February 21st, 2017 Quitman, TX

we needed an alarm system to begin with and the Protect America system was already there and we negotiated a price with them that we could live with and it's been a good service for us. The service is very well, they've been very good to us. It's been very easy, very simple and it's been very efficient. They've been very good about notifying us whenever there was an alarm and handling it in a professional manner

Kathryn Emerson
February 21st, 2017 Crescent City, CA

I felt like I needed an alarm system, but I'm not pleased because the alarm keeps going off when I go out when I'm out of town and have the law enforcement show up when there's nothing going on. Overall, they're not good, but the sales team is great.

Sylvia Harris
February 21st, 2017 Bronx, NY

I own a co-op and I needed protection for my apartment so I have security, a home services - so I use Protect America for home security. They are very good.

Edward & Mary Wilson
February 21st, 2017 Falling Waters, WV

We have a full home security system. Both the customer support and service are excellent.

Sean Truong
February 21st, 2017 San Jose, CA

I'm not happy with them. The equipment looked okay but the service is bad, rude people when I call them

Terrie Fournier
February 21st, 2017 Plainville, MA

I was living in the mobile home park and the security around it, they have a security system and it wasn't that good so I want one for my home, for my windows and my doors. I think I looked it up on the internet 'cause I had it for 10 years. The system is okay...no one is broken in or anything. They can be kind of pushy sometimes trying to get you to buy some 'cause they wanna make to upgrade but I did

Scott Martin
February 21st, 2017 Mt Airy, NC

I work out of town a lot and just wanted it for my family. I'm satisfied cause it was easy to install and everything I'm satisfied with it. I wanna upgrade with them you know I got a few things I wanna add on it but other than that yeah everything is fine with me

DR
February 21st, 2017 Harvey, LA

The world's crazy, I just feel safer having an alarm system so I know when people are coming and going. The customer service, the product - I'm very pleased with it all. We've been with them for a long time

Lois Patterson
February 21st, 2017 Sarasota, FL

Overall their service is very good they have had some problems with some of the equipment, alarm equipment censors but probably nothing out of the ordinary so overall we're quite satisfied. We've probably had the security system like 15 years now - it's very, very good.

Majid Keramat
February 21st, 2017 Reseda, CA

This is a great company to work with. I wanted some protection for my house and everything works very well.

John Pray
February 21st, 2017 Hazard, KY

I'm a police officer and I thought we need it, home invasions. I've had Protect America over 15 years or so. Everything has been very good.

Carletha Wilson
February 21st, 2017 Stoneville, NC

I'm very satisfied with the product, service, and just overall.

Sal Cassaro
February 21st, 2017 Westfield, NJ

Somebody broke in and robbed our house - that's why we decided to purchase Protect America. They're very helpful anytime you have a problem, just call them up and they'd take care of it. I'm A hundred percent satisfied with the service.

Darin/Nadine B
February 21st, 2017 DeLand, FL

At the time our vehicles had been vandalized twice while they were on our driveway and we did not hear anything and were afraid that whoever went after the cars will go after the house so that's why we got the security system. My husband did some research online and we're looking for something that was affordable where we didn't need to knock-hole in the walls and I guess Protect America has some good reviews at that time so we decide to try it out. Our overall experience has been pretty good, my husband done most of the you know putting it up and everything, he said pretty simple and it seems to work pretty well too. Their customer service is pretty good when we call with the question or any kind of problems.

Allen & Janie
February 21st, 2017 Washington, DC

My wife purchased this. My satisfaction with service is great and the equipment is good.