Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security systems, GPS, monitoring services, and automation solutions, and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992.

Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, and the company provides free equipment with its security services, including a control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, and window sensors.

With an exceptionally low monthly monitoring fee, free equipment, and no upfront fees, Protect America is the leading home security company in the industry. The company has the highest overall rating in the home security industry on BestCompany.com as well as a quality star rating from consumers.

Protect America is one of the most trusted and high-quality security solutions we've seen. Read the company highlights and see Protect America reviews from real consumers below.

Click Here to Read Protect America Reviews

The Good

• Protect America Cost
  • DIY Installation
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Variety of Home Security Packages
  • 24/7 Video Monitoring
  • Industry Experience
  • Protect America Reviews

Protect America Cost

Protect America's monthly fee ranges from $19.99$41.99. With these prices, the yearly cost ranges from $239–$503. Protect America's complete cost over the course of the 36-month contract ranges from $719–$1,511.

This price includes 24/7 monitoring, no installation or equipment fees, a price match guarantee, and a locked-in rate. Customers who purchase Protect America's basic home security package will pay $19.99 per month, and customers who purchase the more advanced package with cellular monitoring and remote access to their system will pay $41.99 per month.

The higher cost for the cellular monitoring is due to the increased services and features (such as remote control of a security camera, real-time alerts from motion sensors, and other home automation features) that are not available with landline monitoring only.

$41.99 per month for added features and cellular monitoring is still a competitive price and one of the most affordable offers in the market.

Compared to other do-it-yourself solutions, Protect America prices are very low. Most self-installed security system companies offering free equipment simply make you pay for it in the form of high-cost monthly monitoring services. This isn't the case with Protect America.

Free Protect America Equipment

While other home security system companies offer free equipment, few match Protect America in both the quantity and quality of the free equipment. Protect America equipment cost is absolutely free and includes the following with most of its packages:

• 1 control panel
  • 3 door and window sensors
  • 1 motion detector

The free door and window sensors have a five-year battery life and can be quickly and easily self-installed. The wireless sensors have a horizontal coverage range of 25 feet and can detect movement by intelligently sensing head emissions. They are pet-friendly, ignoring movement from objects 40 pounds or less.

Protect America equipment cost is completely free and is known for its high quality, beating out the majority of the home security company's competitors.

No Installation Fees

Unlike many other home security companies, Protect America does not charge installation fees. When you sign up for their services, you don't have to risk a burglar targeting your home before you can afford the cost of home security installation. You can get Protect America's protection right away.

Money-Back Guarantee

Protect America offers a 15-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This gives customers time to test out the company's service and its security system before fully committing to the contract.

DIY Installation

Protect America's home security system is a do-it-yourself solution that takes less than one hour to set up. DIY security systems are convenient because it allows consumers to skip pricey and lengthy professional installations.

Many home security providers require costly professional installation and can take weeks to set up a date and time that works with the customer's schedule. Customers are also likely to be more familiar with the security equipment since they are the ones setting it up.

Many Protect America reviews below reference the quick and simple installation as a major benefit and relief.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20 per month, you typically shouldn't expect your home security package to include home automation features; however, Protect America does include wireless control options.

Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone. Here is a breakdown of Protect America's home automation options:

Protect America Mobile App

Protect America's mobile app gives you control of your home security system from anywhere. From monitoring your entry points and controlling your appliances (garage door, thermostat, lights, and other appliances) to getting 24/7 access to live video of your home, you can stay apprised of your home security at all times and manage your security system with ease.

The app also sends notifications of any security alerts you need to be aware of, such as suspicious activity or system malfunction.

August Smart Lock Pro

The August Lock is a smart lock you can control and monitor from anywhere at any time with the Protect America app. The door lock works with single cylinder deadbolts and similar to other Protect America security equipment, you can easily install it yourself within minutes.

With Protect America's door sensor and smart door lock, you never have to worry about someone entering your home through the door without you knowing, and you don't have to panic when you forget to lock the door; you can track any activity at your doorstep and remotely lock and secure your door immediately with the Protect America app.

This also means you don't have to carry around a home key because you have access to keyless entry with your smart lock. The August Smart Lock Pro is also compatible with Siri, Alexa, and the Google Assistant, so you can use any of these devices to control your smart lock that way if you prefer. Additionally, the August Lock works with Z-Wave Plus systems as well as Bluetooth.

Linear Garage Door Controller

Through the use of your Protect America app or your security system panel, you can remotely open and close your sectional garage door. This makes it simple to come and go quickly and ensures you can close or open the garage door while away from home. Your home never has to be left unprotected.

Z-Wave Light and Appliance Module

The Z-Wave technology module allows you to turn the lights on and off throughout your home as well as dim them. You can do this through the Protect America app or through a web browser. This wireless control gives your home automation more functionality and increased customization.

Amazon Echo Dot Integration

Protect America's home security system is compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot, which enables you to control your Protect America home automation features with the use of your Amazon Echo.

Few home security companies provide such compatibility and universality when it comes to integrating existing home automation equipment with new home security equipment provided by the company.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. As detailed above, Protect America equipment is also free, including one control panel, three door and window sensors, and one motion detector.

Protect America's alarm system provides monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband, and cellular communication; it's a rarity for a security company to provide all three of these warranties in the residential security system industry.

This type of superior customer service is another way Protect America has set itself apart from its competition.

Variety of Home Security Packages

Protect America offers multiple home security packages that you can customize to fit your particular needs. Each package includes free equipment, free activation, and professional 24/7 monitoring.

You can also upgrade any package to include smart home automation capabilities. For a customized instant quote, you can contact Protect America through the "Visit Site" button at the top of this profile page. Package details for Protect America's three main home security plans are below:

Copper Package

• 3 door/window sensors

Silver Package

• 9 door/window sensors

Platinum Package

• 14 door/window sensors

24/7 Video Monitoring

Protect America's security cameras have 24/7 live video monitoring. There is also a two-way voice capability service that enables communication on both ends. Read Protect America security reviews below to see what customers have to say about video monitoring capabilities.

Industry Experience

Protect America alarm system has been in business since 1992. Having a home security company that has ample experience in alarm systems and burglar and theft situations can give homeowners peace of mind that their home and family will be in good hands.

Protect America has had decades to develop a home security system and alarm monitoring company that is efficient, trustworthy, and affordable.

Protect America Reviews

Protect America reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding them an extremely high star rating from consumers. Protect America reviews highlight exceptional customer service, quality equipment, simple installation, and affordable prices.

Satisfactory reviews for Protect America provide peace of mind that the home security company is respected by the majority of its customers. Protect America users are clearly impressed and happy with its products and services.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of the alarm company for some people is its 36-month contract. However, lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the home security system industry.

A somewhat lengthy contract is much more common for companies that offer low-cost monitoring fees and free equipment as Protect America does. Read Protect America reviews below to see how customers feel about the lengthy contract and the home security provider as a whole.

Cancellation Terms

If customers decide to cancel their contracts before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the remaining balance. However, this isn't uncommon with home security companies and Protect America offers an extremely low monthly monitoring fee with no upfront fees or equipment costs.

With this in mind, the long-term contract and cancellation terms may not be a problem.

The Bottom Line

With an impressive array of free equipment, affordable monthly monitoring service, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, the Protect America security system is one of the most affordable security systems on the market today.

Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as extensive home automation features.

Protect America does require a contract; however, contracts are not unusual for home security companies and Protect America's prices are one of the most affordable security solutions in the market. Also, you may feel more comfortable signing a long-term contract after reading the overwhelmingly positive Protect America reviews (shown below).

Protect America security reviews indicate the home security provider beats out most of its competition in terms of value for the price, customer service, and satisfaction.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

Dionne Byrd
May 16th, 2017 Salisbury, NC

Customer Support has been fine so far! Whenever I've had to call them, I've been able to get what I needed from them. It wasn't hard to install; they gave me a step by step help, and it's worked just fine. To this day, I've had a positive experience.

Sally MAsters
May 16th, 2017 Franklin, MI

They're a great company! I installed the system myself, so it was very easy. I do wish; however, my sensors could stay a little longer, without them hanging off. We've had Protect America for 8 years now, but I'm thinking on going to Simpli Safe. They can monitor my house for $15 a month, which is a bit cheaper.

DC
May 16th, 2017 Maplewood, OH

The equipment was okay. I don't think it's great. On the other hand, installing the system is terrible. They do not come and help you until you've made about a dozen calls to them, only to bring somebody from a 5 hour distance. I don't think their customer support always knew what they're doing. We switched from double hang wood window to casement window, and every time we called to ask how to the secure casement window, we never got a descent answer.

Clifford Jenkins
May 16th, 2017 Summerville, SC

They're always willing to help me out any time I call them. If I had any questions, they told me I could always call them. Plus, they helped me set up the system. Overall, I think they're very good company; they support you if you need help.

Joshua King
May 16th, 2017 Potosi, MO

I'm completely satisfied with their equipment. Installing it was barely simple and they've been really helpful with me at all times. Overall, I'm definitely satisfied with this service.

Samantha Meidl
May 16th, 2017 Columbia, MS

Although I don't recall how we found out about Protect America, I haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. They've always been fast and efficient, plus, installing it was pretty fast. It went smoothly without any complaints.

Janice Baker
May 16th, 2017 Fontana, CA

I've only had to call them twice since I purchased the system, and they offered a great service. They system has very good results, and I haven't had failures with it so far. Plus, it was easy to set up, so I can definitely say they offered a very positive experience.

Levi Rivera
May 16th, 2017 Montclair, CA

They were the number one company when I did a research on home protection, so I thought they'd be the best option. So far, they've been helpful every time I call them. Installing the system was not really hard, they just guided me through the process. They're always there when the alarm goes off, so I'm very satisfied with them.

Pat Summers
May 16th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

Protect America's customer support has always been very helpful; however, I wish they had wireless cameras that you can install. I've been pretty happy, although installing it was a little difficult because of little sticky things. Besides that, I've never had any problems with them.

James Holston
May 16th, 2017 Hope, AR

It's outstanding! They had a better price and equipment than ADT, so I like it better. We put the alarms in the windows and doors, and it was easy! I pretty much did it myself. Whenever we have problem and I accidentally set off the alarm, the police will knock on my door and make sure I'm okay. That's how I know it actually works.

Virginia Blackmon
May 16th, 2017 Graysville, AL

They have been very good and very prompt in everything I have to ask. So far, I haven't had a problem with them.

Jason Little
May 16th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

Installing the system was really easy. They just sent the box and we did it all over the phone. I consider myself a high maintenance customer, and they've helped us through every step of the way. All I can say is that their customer support is great!

Glenna Boggs
May 16th, 2017 Sandy Hook, KY

Protect America's customer support has been very efficient, and they always helped any time I called them. Besides that, they provided everything I needed, and that's all I can ask for. There has not been problem with them so far.

May 16th, 2017 Plainwell, MI

I think the installation process was time consuming. Although they've done a good job with their customer support, the service is quite expensive. Plus, there seems to be some trouble with the equipment itself.

Pines Jackson
May 16th, 2017 Jonesboro, LA

The system was included in the package when we bought the house, however, it's worked great. I think they offer good customer support. If I ever need to call on them, they're usually good about it.

Hewitt Jackson
May 16th, 2017 Havelock, NC

It was very quick and easy to get a hold of the representatives. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. Plus, it was easy to follow the instructions and get the system installed. I actually chose them specifically because of their flexibility.

NS
May 16th, 2017 Oxford, NC

We chose Protect America because we liked what they told me. I got all my windows and doors secured. All with a small fee, so I enjoyed that. I've enjoyed the service so far, they always do what they say they're going to do. They've offered good support; they fix any problem whenever I all them.

Freddy Rakes
May 16th, 2017 Bassett, VA

I can't remember how long it took us to install the system, but I do remember it was very simple and quick. Their customer service is excellent; every time we've ever had to call, they immediately respond, and the situation is taken care of. I remember one particular time we were away from home, and the alarm went off. It turned out to be a false alarm, however, if it weren't for them, we never would've know about it.

Michelle Levesque
May 16th, 2017 Marlinton, WV

Protect America has been a very good service. Their customer service is good, and when my alarm goes off, they're right there for me. It's been a very positive experience.

Alfred Atkinson
May 16th, 2017 Charleston, WV

The equipment has been great and the installation process was fine. One think I did like was the fact that, since I purchased it 13 years ago, they have reduced the monitoring fee to $12.95 a month. I'm happy with it.

Wanda Younger
May 16th, 2017 Decatur, IL

It was easy, very easy to install. We did it ourselves, then talked to them over the phone. It's actually easy billing. All the equipment has worked just fine throughout the years.

Charles Leonard
May 16th, 2017 Washington, IL

The reason I went with Protect America was because they were reasonably priced. Everything about them has been good. I'm totally satisfied with their service, and will continue to be a customer with them.

Jimmy Hughes
May 16th, 2017 Trion, GA

There was a good discount. The customer service is good; they're fast to react on calls. The equipment is pretty reliable. The installation was simple and easy and fast; I liked that. I'm satisfied with my experience with Protect America.

Una Davis
May 16th, 2017 Fayetteville, NC

Customer support was pretty good. I can't say something negative about them because all our questions were answered. They would stay on the line with you if your system was having a problem. Back in the day, when we first purchased them, they installed everything for us. Now that they upgraded their system, we had to do it ourselves, and I did not like that. It was too difficult for me. Besides that, the equipment works just fine.

Michael Williams
May 16th, 2017 Chicago, IL

When I first got Protect America, we had a break-in and they called me and they kept me on the phone. Having the equipment in place is relaxing so far. I was looking for a company that's nice and would give me a decent price and still take care all the stuff I needed done. The installation process went well. The customer support is great, they're very patient. I'm not a computer-savvy guy or tech guy, and they were very helpful; they've walked me through a lot of stuff I need to do.

Raymond Simon
May 16th, 2017 Butler, PA

I initially purchased Protect America because I was value driven, and the price was very useful. Although I installed the system myself, the service itself has worked just fine. So far, my experiences with them have been average.

Ritchie Canent
May 16th, 2017 La Mirada, CA

The pricing is pretty considerate, so I'm happy with the pricing alone. They actually let me use the equipment from my previous provider. On top of that, I haven't had any issues at all with their customer service. They've been very positive and helpful whenever I have questions. They got all the answers.

Charles Stevenson
May 16th, 2017 Bonifay, FL

The people at customer support are very, very good. They are alert, they do what you asked them to do to the best of their knowledge. The installation was very good; the guy came and put everything like we wanted it, and he has done a good job at it. This is the third unit that we've had; we've had their service for years. When the equipment gets old they call you and tell you that they need to update and you get the new equipment. It's been real nice, we've really enjoyed being with them.

Eleuterio Ocon
May 16th, 2017 Norwalk, CA

I haven't had any problems, they offer a very professional customer service. Also, installing the system was easy; I did it myself. Overall, I'm satisfied with the system.

William McNeal
May 16th, 2017 Wilton, WI

It's very good. I had to research, and I found that Protect America was the one that suited my needs the best. Installation was quick and efficient. Their customer service is very thorough; they ask the questions that need to be asked, and they follow up on what they do. The customer representatives that I've talked to for various reasons have been very helpful and thorough, and they give me the help that I need.

Eurika Price
May 16th, 2017 Copperas Cove, TX

It was easy to learn how to program everything. Every time I've called customer support, they have been very helpful. All my questions were answered. It's been such a positive experience.

Tommy Mcree
May 16th, 2017 Mabank, TX

I haven't had any trouble with my system, it's been there when I needs it. Plus, it wasn't hard to install. The system is good and simple; you just turn it on and it works.

Elsie Arceneux
May 16th, 2017 Carencro, LA

Whenever I call to check my equipment, everybody is always nice. They're very professional, so I'm very happy with that. I had a few people working on my house once, and they made smoke, so the alarm went off and immediately somebody called to make sure I was okay. I'm very satisfied with Protect America.

Betty Small
May 16th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN

You install your own system, but it's a simple process. They gave you written instructions which are very easy to follow, and if you have any concerns after that, you just call while you're doing the installation. Plus, they're very responsive. I've set off the alarm by accident before, and they immediately called to make sure everything was alright. The monthly cost is very competitive, definitely less expensive than ADT.

Raymond Rice
May 16th, 2017 Lexington Park, MD

The installation was easy, but getting instructions was not that good. I still enjoy it, however, the battery life and the main device does not last long. It's rechargeable and still operates, so that's okay. Their representatives are very good when it comes to adding new items to your system. Plus, they're very good at providing feedback and telling you what's going on.

Latanya Dunlap
May 16th, 2017 Brandon, MS

Protect America has been the best equipment I've had so far. It's very user friendly. Plus, they're very good with customer support. If I had a problem, or encountered any glitches, they would get a tech on the line and help me. If that didn't work, they'd just send somebody over. Even after the sale, their customer service is still on! All my needs have been fulfilled by them.

Debra Chambers
May 16th, 2017 Seneca, SC

It was easy to install, and they offered a very good price! They've always offered a good customer service, and everybody has been very helpful so far.

Lien Tran
May 16th, 2017 Temple City, CA

I've been with them for over 10 years now, and it's worked alright. The only thing I don't like is their battery. It tends to die quick, and I end up having to pay every time their battery dies. That just makes me think their warranty is not so good. They also charge for everything, so even though you have low rates with them, their equipment and supplies are charged. I originally selected them because they offered the lowest rate, however, I think the service is average, considering you even have to pay for the signs in the front yard!

Jessica Reyes
May 16th, 2017 Orange, CA

Protect America's customer support has been pretty good. They're easy to get a hold of every time I call them. They answer all my questions, so I can definitely say I've had a good experience. Plus, installing the system was easy and done quickly. We've been their customers for almost 7 years now, and it's worked just fine.

Jackie Pullen
May 16th, 2017 Conroe, TX

I've been a customer with Protect America for years now, however, I do remember it was affordable. They came and installed it, and everything has worked fine since! The only thing that annoys me is when there's a low battery, I'm just there trying to figure out which site has the low battery.

Kevin/Glenna Diamond
May 16th, 2017 Belfry, KY

We had ADT, but they didn't take care of their equipment. On the other hand, Protect America was all good about helping you. They're easy to deal with when you have a problem or something. Setting up the equipment was easy, we did it ourselves; they just walked us through the process. Overall, it's good! We don't have any complaints about it.

Micheal BIrchfield
May 16th, 2017 Corona, CA

I had to do the installation myself, but they walked me through it. I would say everything was good, and the equipment has been great!

Linda Harden
May 16th, 2017 Waynesboro, GA

Protect America's price is what made me choose them for home security. The agents that I talked to were very polite, and they didn't mind helping me with whatever problem I had. So far, the equipment is pretty good. It's new to me, so I have to learn how it works, but it's not hard.

Elizabeth Diamond
May 16th, 2017 Linden, VA

I first found out about them through an ad, and I took advantage of that first impression. For me it's very easy cause I did it myself and I had no problems with it; I like it. I am thinking about switching to the wireless system because I want to do it with my home phone.

Steven Miller
May 16th, 2017 Conway, AR

It's been a pretty good experience! They have been very responsive from the hardware stand point of the call center. There have been false alarms, and they've handled it all very smoothly.

Bill Clark
May 16th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

We have been with Protect America for over 10 years, and I am happy with the service we have purchased. They have been great, and help us when we do our checkups to make sure our alarm is working. Whenever I accidentally set the alarm off, I just call and tell them not to come.

Lawrence Sondhaus
May 16th, 2017 Indianapolis, IN

I pay a monthly fee of $29.95 and it is a good price compared to the competition. The low hassle and the wireless system that you can install yourself, is really pretty simple. I just had an issue a few days ago with a box they sent over, but the representative helped me out.

Ahaz Griffeth
May 16th, 2017 Menifee, CA

Everything has been good with Protect America. I just signed up with them, and they were supposed to be sending me out a ‘do it yourself system', so it will be easy to use.

Llwlyn Walker
May 16th, 2017 Lubbock, TX

I decided to go with Protect America because friends of mine suggested that I should go with them and I have been very pleased and I have no complaints about it. It was easy and quick to install and I am satisfied.

Joseph Hennes
May 16th, 2017 Golden, CO

I have been with Protect America for ten years, I am very comfortable and happy with their service; the set up was the easiest. Plus, they sent the equipment pre-considered for my house and I just plugged it and played it.