Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security systems, GPS, monitoring services, and automation solutions, and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992.

Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, and the company provides free equipment with its security services, including a control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, and window sensors.

With an exceptionally low monthly monitoring fee, free equipment, and no upfront fees, Protect America is the leading home security company in the industry. The company has the highest overall rating in the home security industry on BestCompany.com as well as a quality star rating from consumers.

Protect America is one of the most trusted and high-quality security solutions we've seen. Read the company highlights and see Protect America reviews from real consumers below.

Click Here to Read Protect America Reviews

The Good

• Protect America Cost
  • DIY Installation
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Variety of Home Security Packages
  • 24/7 Video Monitoring
  • Industry Experience
  • Protect America Reviews

Protect America Cost

Protect America's monthly fee ranges from $19.99$41.99. With these prices, the yearly cost ranges from $239–$503. Protect America's complete cost over the course of the 36-month contract ranges from $719–$1,511.

This price includes 24/7 monitoring, no installation or equipment fees, a price match guarantee, and a locked-in rate. Customers who purchase Protect America's basic home security package will pay $19.99 per month, and customers who purchase the more advanced package with cellular monitoring and remote access to their system will pay $41.99 per month.

The higher cost for the cellular monitoring is due to the increased services and features (such as remote control of a security camera, real-time alerts from motion sensors, and other home automation features) that are not available with landline monitoring only.

$41.99 per month for added features and cellular monitoring is still a competitive price and one of the most affordable offers in the market.

Compared to other do-it-yourself solutions, Protect America prices are very low. Most self-installed security system companies offering free equipment simply make you pay for it in the form of high-cost monthly monitoring services. This isn't the case with Protect America.

Free Protect America Equipment

While other home security system companies offer free equipment, few match Protect America in both the quantity and quality of the free equipment. Protect America equipment cost is absolutely free and includes the following with most of its packages:

• 1 control panel
  • 3 door and window sensors
  • 1 motion detector

The free door and window sensors have a five-year battery life and can be quickly and easily self-installed. The wireless sensors have a horizontal coverage range of 25 feet and can detect movement by intelligently sensing head emissions. They are pet-friendly, ignoring movement from objects 40 pounds or less.

Protect America equipment cost is completely free and is known for its high quality, beating out the majority of the home security company's competitors.

No Installation Fees

Unlike many other home security companies, Protect America does not charge installation fees. When you sign up for their services, you don't have to risk a burglar targeting your home before you can afford the cost of home security installation. You can get Protect America's protection right away.

Money-Back Guarantee

Protect America offers a 15-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This gives customers time to test out the company's service and its security system before fully committing to the contract.

DIY Installation

Protect America's home security system is a do-it-yourself solution that takes less than one hour to set up. DIY security systems are convenient because it allows consumers to skip pricey and lengthy professional installations.

Many home security providers require costly professional installation and can take weeks to set up a date and time that works with the customer's schedule. Customers are also likely to be more familiar with the security equipment since they are the ones setting it up.

Many Protect America reviews below reference the quick and simple installation as a major benefit and relief.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20 per month, you typically shouldn't expect your home security package to include home automation features; however, Protect America does include wireless control options.

Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone. Here is a breakdown of Protect America's home automation options:

Protect America Mobile App

Protect America's mobile app gives you control of your home security system from anywhere. From monitoring your entry points and controlling your appliances (garage door, thermostat, lights, and other appliances) to getting 24/7 access to live video of your home, you can stay apprised of your home security at all times and manage your security system with ease.

The app also sends notifications of any security alerts you need to be aware of, such as suspicious activity or system malfunction.

August Smart Lock Pro

The August Lock is a smart lock you can control and monitor from anywhere at any time with the Protect America app. The door lock works with single cylinder deadbolts and similar to other Protect America security equipment, you can easily install it yourself within minutes.

With Protect America's door sensor and smart door lock, you never have to worry about someone entering your home through the door without you knowing, and you don't have to panic when you forget to lock the door; you can track any activity at your doorstep and remotely lock and secure your door immediately with the Protect America app.

This also means you don't have to carry around a home key because you have access to keyless entry with your smart lock. The August Smart Lock Pro is also compatible with Siri, Alexa, and the Google Assistant, so you can use any of these devices to control your smart lock that way if you prefer. Additionally, the August Lock works with Z-Wave Plus systems as well as Bluetooth.

Linear Garage Door Controller

Through the use of your Protect America app or your security system panel, you can remotely open and close your sectional garage door. This makes it simple to come and go quickly and ensures you can close or open the garage door while away from home. Your home never has to be left unprotected.

Z-Wave Light and Appliance Module

The Z-Wave technology module allows you to turn the lights on and off throughout your home as well as dim them. You can do this through the Protect America app or through a web browser. This wireless control gives your home automation more functionality and increased customization.

Amazon Echo Dot Integration

Protect America's home security system is compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot, which enables you to control your Protect America home automation features with the use of your Amazon Echo.

Few home security companies provide such compatibility and universality when it comes to integrating existing home automation equipment with new home security equipment provided by the company.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. As detailed above, Protect America equipment is also free, including one control panel, three door and window sensors, and one motion detector.

Protect America's alarm system provides monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband, and cellular communication; it's a rarity for a security company to provide all three of these warranties in the residential security system industry.

This type of superior customer service is another way Protect America has set itself apart from its competition.

Variety of Home Security Packages

Protect America offers multiple home security packages that you can customize to fit your particular needs. Each package includes free equipment, free activation, and professional 24/7 monitoring.

You can also upgrade any package to include smart home automation capabilities. For a customized instant quote, you can contact Protect America through the "Visit Site" button at the top of this profile page. Package details for Protect America's three main home security plans are below:

Copper Package

• 3 door/window sensors

Silver Package

• 9 door/window sensors

Platinum Package

• 14 door/window sensors

24/7 Video Monitoring

Protect America's security cameras have 24/7 live video monitoring. There is also a two-way voice capability service that enables communication on both ends. Read Protect America security reviews below to see what customers have to say about video monitoring capabilities.

Industry Experience

Protect America alarm system has been in business since 1992. Having a home security company that has ample experience in alarm systems and burglar and theft situations can give homeowners peace of mind that their home and family will be in good hands.

Protect America has had decades to develop a home security system and alarm monitoring company that is efficient, trustworthy, and affordable.

Protect America Reviews

Protect America reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding them an extremely high star rating from consumers. Protect America reviews highlight exceptional customer service, quality equipment, simple installation, and affordable prices.

Satisfactory reviews for Protect America provide peace of mind that the home security company is respected by the majority of its customers. Protect America users are clearly impressed and happy with its products and services.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of the alarm company for some people is its 36-month contract. However, lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the home security system industry.

A somewhat lengthy contract is much more common for companies that offer low-cost monitoring fees and free equipment as Protect America does. Read Protect America reviews below to see how customers feel about the lengthy contract and the home security provider as a whole.

Cancellation Terms

If customers decide to cancel their contracts before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the remaining balance. However, this isn't uncommon with home security companies and Protect America offers an extremely low monthly monitoring fee with no upfront fees or equipment costs.

With this in mind, the long-term contract and cancellation terms may not be a problem.

The Bottom Line

With an impressive array of free equipment, affordable monthly monitoring service, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, the Protect America security system is one of the most affordable security systems on the market today.

Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as extensive home automation features.

Protect America does require a contract; however, contracts are not unusual for home security companies and Protect America's prices are one of the most affordable security solutions in the market. Also, you may feel more comfortable signing a long-term contract after reading the overwhelmingly positive Protect America reviews (shown below).

Protect America security reviews indicate the home security provider beats out most of its competition in terms of value for the price, customer service, and satisfaction.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

June 28th, 2017 Upper Marlboro, MD

They've been very attentive! The customer service has been a top-notch anytime I need to get a hold of them, they're right there They stay with you until you get the answer you need, plus, they walk you through any of your issues. If there's something that they can't work out, if it's more of a technical issue, they refer you to the appropriate people, and then of course, they actually walk you through everything. Also, it was very easy to install. I did it myself, and I think I did it within 30 minutes. I'm very pleased with it because it does the job I needed to protect my house. It's actually been a pleasure to deal with them.

Gloria Spencer
June 28th, 2017 Prattville, AL

So far, so good! I've had some good experiences with Protect America. It's worked out well, and they gave me step by step instructions to install the system myself. They also send out somebody if there is new equipment that I feel like somebody should do it for me.

Tony Smith
June 28th, 2017 Greenup, KY

I've been with the company a long time. They were actually one of the first companies to approach me. It was very simple to install, and there's only been some change on the equipment. It's been upgraded, and everything works well. They also provide good guidance with technical issues. It's met our needs, and it is very reliable, except for the occasional battery changes. Besides that, I have no complaints.

Willie Lee
June 28th, 2017 Mt Vernon, GA

The wireless system made it easy to install. They're always pretty quick about answering my questions, and so far, the system is good. I haven't had any issues against it.

Esther Wright
June 28th, 2017 Franklin, WV

They've helped me out with all the questions I might have, so their customer support was very good to me. It was easy to install, so they've just offered a very positive experience.

Barbara Tanz
June 28th, 2017 Houston, TX

Everything with them has been just fine. I liked that they were able to connect it with my internet.

Howard Shaw
June 28th, 2017 Richmond, CA

It's a very good system, and their customer service has been fine as well. I installed the system myself, so it wasn't hard. Plus, they offer a good price.

Harry Willey
June 28th, 2017 Pelion, SC

The main reason I chose Protect America was because they promised they would never go over $25 a month. I switched from another security company to Protect America, so there was no installation process. They've been right on the ball; I've never had a problem that they haven't solved right away.

Arthur McCullough
June 28th, 2017 Ashland, KY

I don't remember when I purchased the system, but it was pretty simple to install. It's worked fine, and their representatives have been very good as well.

Jim Irving
June 28th, 2017 Walnut, CA

The customer support has been really excellent. I installed the system myself, and it was very easy to do, with the assistance of their people. I've had a few times when the keypad didn't function properly, and they immediately replaced it. They handle any problems I may have, right away.

June 28th, 2017 Fayetteville, NC

I'm an elderly person, and my daughter suggested Protect America for my home. The initial process to install the system was good. My daughter took care of most of it, and it was favorable. I've had my alarm go off a couple of times by mistake, and the police showed up at the house. So, regarding that, I can't complain about it. I've had a good experience with it, and I'm satisfied with it. As a matter of fact, a couple other security places have come up the house trying to get me take theirs and I turned them down.

Margaret Poole
June 28th, 2017 Ferriday, LA

We've been very satisfied with it so far. We haven't had a problem, and their people have been very good anytime I've needed them.

Angela Haynes
June 28th, 2017 Chicago, IL

The equipment is okay, it just doesn't work right now. I don't know how to fix it, and I've been so busy, I haven't had time to call them. Also, it was a little complicated for me to install the system. I thought they came out and did it for you. Besides that, their customer support is just fine. I don't really have a problem with them.

Marcus Bedford
June 28th, 2017 Cerritos, CA

Anytime there's been a problem, they have taken care of it, so the service is good. We chose Protect America because of the price and their history, and although we had to install it ourselves, it's worked just fine for us.

Cecil George
June 28th, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

The system is pretty good. The installation went by pretty smoothly, and their representatives do a good job. It's been a very positive experience.

David Stephens
June 28th, 2017 Euless, TX

I did the installation myself! It was great. Plus, their agents are very pleasing. I do have to say that we had to call the 800 number to go over the instructions. They should provide better instructions.

June 28th, 2017 Folsom, CA

Customer support is good, and considering the system came with the house, we really didn't install anything. So far, the equipment has been okay.

Geogene Bussey
June 28th, 2017 Portsmouth, OH

I'm very pleased, and feel very safe with the system. I've had very good experiences with their customer support team, so I'll continue with them. Well, that's if they continue to provide the service they've already provided for the past 10 or 15 years.

Richard Simmons
June 28th, 2017 Radcliff, KY

It's simple to operate the system, and installing it was done over the phone, so it was very easy. The technician was very helpful and understanding. They've been really quick in response. I've tripped my alarm a few times, and before I knew it, the police were right here. I would only say that I wish I had a little more security. Somebody could try to open the windows without breaking the glass.

Ray Johnson
June 28th, 2017 Pinson, AL

Installing the system was pretty straight forward. I don't really know anything about security systems, except that they monitor it, but they let me know when I activate it, and when I disarm it. Plus, they're always there if I need them. If I have any questions, or something goes wrong with the system, they are there to help me out. It's a great service. I couldn't be better more pleased with them.

Delbert Baker
June 28th, 2017 The Villages, FL

We've made a mistake a few times and set the alarm off. Everybody seemed to understand when it happened, so that's great. Besides, the equipment works just fine. We're very satisfied with Protect America.

David Tanouye
June 28th, 2017 Gardena, CA

Customer support has always been there for me. They help me whenever I call them with any issues I may have. Plus, installing the system is very simple; I could do it myself.

Ralph Carlino
June 28th, 2017 Winchester, CA

Some sales people came by when we first moved in. I guess we liked what they offered, and we haven't had a problem with them at all. The system works fine, and the actual installation process was easy. Overall, they've offered a positive experience.

Allen Lavalais
June 28th, 2017 Alexandria, LA

This was the cheapest service going on at the time, and they've been very helpful. Their representatives have supplied batteries when I needed it, and also helped me install it as well. So far, the equipment has been excellent.

Virginia Exel
June 28th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

One of the fellas that was working on my house had Protect America his house, so he recommended it. He even came and installed it in mine, but he didn't install the entire system. Some of my windows and sliding doors are protected, but not the whole house. The only thing about this service is that it seems to be more expensive than others.

Daisy Crosland
June 28th, 2017 Mullins, SC

My husband installed the system a long time ago, and it's worked out well. They offer a good customer service, so it's been a positive experience so far.

Gordon Warren
June 28th, 2017 Rocky Mount, VA

I don't remember who I spoke to, but she was very patient when I got done installing my new sensors. It's all been great, and the service has been very beneficial.

Sharon Bell
June 28th, 2017 Ridgefield, CT

The representatives have been very good, always responsive. I don't really remember much about the installation, because it was a long time ago, but it went fine.

Everette Laird
June 27th, 2017 Defuniak Springs, FL

I've never had any trouble with it, so I've never had to call their customer support. Their installation process was fine, and the equipment has worked just fine.

Matthew Freese
June 27th, 2017 Imperial, MO

They've much better than I expected. I was always getting through a live person very quickly, and they've handled everything I've asked them to do. It's been such a positive experience.

Sherry Ferguson
June 27th, 2017 Allons, TN

Their customer support has been wonderful, and I've had no problems whatsoever with the equipment. They came out and installed, and they have an answer to all my questions.

Saveene Brown
June 27th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

It was initially recommended to us, and we've used them for a while. Installing it was very easy; straight to the point. Plus, I've had no problems with their customer support. They've been excellent. I just wish they could lower their prices a bit.

David McGlothin
June 27th, 2017 Denver, CO

We've had Protect America for 10 years, and they've offered a great service. The equipment works well, and we plan to continue using it. It's the service that we need.

Richard Stutes
June 27th, 2017 Lake Charles, LA

It's been reliable and good, I haven't had any problem with it. They helped me install it, so it was pretty good.

Syed Hossain
June 27th, 2017 Canoga Park, CA

So far, the service has worked fine. The equipment is okay; I actually installed it myself. We never get the window or garden sign that shows Protect America or something. I think it'll be better if we get one.

Patricia Rezabek
June 27th, 2017 Austin, TX

I've had a couple of issues over the years, and they've always been able to talk to me. They helped me over the phone, and have sent me parts immediately. Over these past 30 years, I'd say it has been just fine.

Lydia Guido
June 27th, 2017 Killeen, TX

After comparing some pricing and quality, I decided to go with Protect America. They're really knowledgeable with the equipment and the service, so I'm satisfied with them.

Jamie Holloman
June 27th, 2017 Marion, AR

Our alarm has gone off in the middle of the night, and they immediately call and stay on the phone with you, until the whole thing is figured out. Installing the system is time consuming, like any other alarm system company, and a little tedious, but the result is good. I like that the cellular panels are not connected to our internet cable, so even if the electricity goes out, we're still protected. They're just very good.

Phyliss Ross
June 27th, 2017 Ashland, KY

We've been with Protect America for years, and they've been very good. Anytime we've had any problems, we just call them, and they take care of it.

Antonio Jorge
June 27th, 2017 Leesville, LA

The service has been excellent so far The only problem we've ever had was with one of the motion detectors. They just sent us a new one, but other than that, everything has been great.

Carol Chambers
June 27th, 2017 Louisville, KY

The installation process was the easiest process ever. We did it all ourselves. They were very knowledgeable, so I have nothing but good things to say about their support.

Arthur Finn
June 27th, 2017 Chapel Hill, NC

I'm just perfectly happy with them. Whenever I've had a problem, they've there to help me fix it. Plus, it was very straightforward and simple to install. I've had a few problems with their Away from home App, but other than that, everything's fine. I actually chose them because they had a lower price, and they were the only company that offered a wireless option.

N.N.
June 27th, 2017 Branford, FL

They're always there to answer my questions, 24 hours a day. The installation process was very quick, very easy, and when they did upgrades, they sent them to us. We've had Protect America for 15 years, and we've never had an issue. If they have a problem with some of our equipment, there are items there to upgrade our equipment at no extra charge, just because we are loyal customers. We won't be changing.

Gerry Biffle
June 27th, 2017 Garland, TX

So far, the equipment as worked just fine. The few times that I've had to deal with their agents worked out very smoothly. Besides, installing it was very easy.

Lorraine Jakubowski
June 27th, 2017 Greensboro, NC

Their representatives have been very nice every time I've called. They're always polite and friendly as well. Also, a gentleman came and installed everything, so that was easy. I would recommend Protect America to other people that are looking for a security system. They do a great job.

Pamela Hodge
June 27th, 2017 Creedmoor, NC

My experience with them every time I call someone, has been wonderful. They're able to answer my questions. There was no problem with the installation. Everything ran as smoothly as possible. I'm just satisfied with the service that I get from Protect America.

Patricia Trunzo
June 27th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I don't like ADT, and at the time, that's all we had in my town. After doing some research online, I found Protect America, and they were much better! They mailed me the system, and I installed it on my own. Their customer support knows exactly what you're doing and when you're doing. They have so much information. I've had the system for a long time, probably over ten years, and it's worked just fine. I feel really safe with this system.

Shirley Eldridge
June 27th, 2017 Louisville, KY

I would say the equipment is very good, I'm very pleased. I actually installed it myself, with the help of someone by the telephone. It's been a wonderful experience!

Thomas Penson
June 27th, 2017 Hearne, TX

When I first got with their customer support, they were very good. Installing the system was fine, and the equipment has been good, however, somethings is not working well. The alarm goes off if I open a door. I live alone, and can't screw with that stuff. Also, it seems like every time I buy new batteries, they just don't work. Besides that, they're very good with me. They give me time to call them when I accidentally set the alarm off.

June 27th, 2017 Greenville, TX

It was easy to install the system, and the equipment worked really well so far. Plus, the representatives were very good. They answered all my questions.