Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security systems, GPS, monitoring services, and automation solutions, and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992.

Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, and the company provides free equipment with its security services, including a control panel, motion detectors, door sensors, and window sensors.

With an exceptionally low monthly monitoring fee, free equipment, and no upfront fees, Protect America is the leading home security company in the industry. The company has the highest overall rating in the home security industry on BestCompany.com as well as a quality star rating from consumers.

Protect America is one of the most trusted and high-quality security solutions we've seen. Read the company highlights and see Protect America reviews from real consumers below.

Click Here to Read Protect America Reviews

The Good

• Protect America Cost
  • DIY Installation
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • Variety of Home Security Packages
  • 24/7 Video Monitoring
  • Almost 30 Years of Experience in the Home Security Industry
  • Protect America Reviews

Protect America Cost

Protect America's monthly fee ranges from $19.99 - $41.99. With said prices, the yearly cost ranges from $239 - $503. Protect America's complete cost over the course of the 36-month contract ranges from $719 to $1,511.

This price includes 24/7 monitoring, no installation or equipment fees, a price match guarantee, and a locked-in rate. Customers who purchase Protect America's basic home security package will pay $19.99 per month, and customers who purchase the more advanced package with cellular monitoring and remote access to their system will pay $41.99 per month.

The higher cost for the cellular monitoring is due to the increased services and features available (such as remote control of a security camera, real-time alerts from motion sensors and other home automation features) that are not available with landline monitoring only.

$41.99 per month for added features and cellular monitoring is still a competitive price and one of the most affordable offers out there.

Compared to other do-it-yourself solutions, Protect America prices are very low. Most self-installed security system companies who offer free equipment simply make you pay for it in the form of high-cost monthly monitoring services. This isn't the case with Protect America.

Free Protect America Equipment

While other home security system companies offer free equipment, few match Protect America in both the quantity and quality of the free equipment. Protect America equipment cost is absolutely free and included with most of its packages is:

• One control panel
  • Three door and window sensors
  • One motion detector

The free door and window sensors have a 5-year battery life and can be quickly and easily self-installed. The wireless sensors have a horizontal coverage range of 25 feet and can detect movement by intelligently sensing head emissions (though they are pet-friendly, ignoring movement from objects 40 pounds or less).

Protect America equipment cost is completely free and is known for its high quality, beating out the majority of the home security company's competitors.

No Installation Fees

Unlike many other home security companies, Protect America does not charge installation fees. When you sign up for their services, you don't have to risk a burglar targeting your home before you can afford the cost of home security installation. You can get Protect America's protection right away.

Money-Back Guarantee

Protect America offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on all of its products. This gives customers time to test out the company's service and its security system before fully committing to the contract.

DIY Installation

Protect America's home security system is a do-it-yourself solution that takes less than one hour to set up. DIY security systems are convenient because it allows consumers to skip pricey and lengthy professional installations.

Many home security providers require costly professional installation and can take weeks to set up a date and time that works with the customer's schedule. Customers are also likely to be more familiar with the security equipment since they are the ones setting it up.

Many Protect America reviews below reference the quick and simple installation as a major benefit and relief.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20 per month, you typically shouldn't expect your home security package to include home automation features; however, Protect America does include wireless control options.

Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone. Here is a breakdown of Protect America's home automation options:

Protect America Mobile App

Protect America has a mobile app that gives you control of your home security system from anywhere. From monitoring your entry points and controlling your appliances (garage door, thermostat, lights, & other appliances) to getting 24/7 access to live video of your home, you can stay apprised of your home security at all times and manage your security system with ease.

Lastly, the app gives you notifications of any security alerts you need to be aware of, such as suspicious activity or system malfunction.

August Smart Lock Pro

The August Lock is a smart lock you can control and monitor from anywhere at any time with the Protect America app. The door lock works with single cylinder deadbolts and similar to other Protect America security equipment, you can easily install it yourself within minutes.

With Protect America's door sensor and smart door lock, you never have to worry about someone entering your home through the door without you knowing, and you don't have to panic when you forget to lock the door; you can track any activity at your doorstep and remotely lock and secure your door immediately with the Protect America app.

This also means you don't have to carry around a home key because you have access to keyless entry with your smart lock. The August Smart Lock Pro is also compatible with Siri, Alexa, and the Google Assistant, so you can use any of these devices to control your smart lock that way if you prefer. Additionally, the August Lock works with Z-Wave Plus systems as well as Bluetooth.

Linear Garage Door Controller

Through the use of your Protect America app or your security system panel, you can remotely open and close your sectional garage door. This makes it simple to come and go quickly and ensures you can close or open the garage door if you need to while away from home. Your home never has to be left unprotected.

Z-Wave Light & Appliance Module

The Z-Wave technology module allows you to turn the lights on and off throughout your home as well as gives you the capability to dim them. You can do this through the Protect America app or through a web browser. This wireless control gives your home automation more functionality and increased customization.

Amazon Echo Dot Integration

Protect America's home security system is compatible with the Amazon Echo Dot, which enables you to control your Protect America home automation features with the use of your Amazon Echo.

Few home security companies provide such compatibility and universality when it comes to integrating existing home automation equipment with new home security equipment provided by the company.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. As detailed above, Protect America equipment is also free, including one control panel, three door and window sensors, and one motion detector.

Protect America's alarm system provides monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband, and cellular communication; it's a rarity for a security company to provide all three of these warranties in the residential security system industry.

This type of superior customer service is another way Protect America has set itself apart from its competition.

Variety of Home Security Packages

Protect America offers multiple home security packages that you can customize to fit your particular needs. Each package includes free equipment, free activation, and professional 24/7 monitoring.

You can also upgrade any package to include smart home automation capabilities. For a customized instant quote, you can contact Protect America through the "Visit Site" button at the top of this profile page. Package details for Protect America's three main home security plans are below:

Copper Package

• 3 Door/window sensors

Silver Package

• 9 Door/window sensors

Platinum Package

• 14 Door/window sensors

24/7 Video Monitoring

Protect America has 24/7 live video monitoring for their security cameras. There is also a two-way voice capability service that enables communication on both ends. Read Protect America security reviews below to see what customers have to say about video monitoring capabilities.

Almost 30 Years of Experience in the Home Security Industry

Protect America alarm system has been in business since 1992. Having a home security company that has ample amounts of experience in alarm systems and burglar & theft situations can give homeowners peace of mind that their home and family will be in good hands.

Protect America has had decades to develop a home security system and alarm monitoring company that is efficient, trustworthy, and affordable.

Protect America Reviews

Protect America reviews are overwhelmingly positive, awarding them an extremely high star rating from consumers. Protect America reviews highlight exceptional customer service, quality equipment, simple installation, and affordable prices.

Satisfactory Protect America reviews provide peace of mind that the home security company is respected by the majority of its customers. Protect America users are clearly impressed and happy with its products and services.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of the alarm company for some people is its 36-month contract. However, lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the home security system industry.

A somewhat lengthy contract is much more common for companies who offer low-cost monitoring fees and free equipment as Protect America does. Read Protect America reviews below to see how customers feel about the lengthy contract and the home security provider as a whole.

Cancellation Terms

If a customer decides to cancel their contract before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the remaining balance. However, this isn't uncommon with home security companies and Protect America offers an extremely low monthly monitoring fee with no upfront fees or equipment costs.

With this in mind, the long-term contract and cancellation terms may not be a problem.

The Bottom Line

With an impressive array of free equipment, affordable monthly monitoring service, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, the Protect America security system is one of the most affordable security systems on the market today.

Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as extensive home automation features.

Protect America does require a contract; However, contracts are not unusual for home security companies and Protect America prices are one of the most affordable security solutions out there. Also, you may feel more comfortable signing a long-term contract after reading the overwhelmingly positive Protect America reviews (shown below).

Protect America security reviews indicate the home security provider beats out most of its competition in terms of value for the price, customer service, and satisfaction.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

Patricia Trunzo
June 27th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I don't like ADT, and at the time, that's all we had in my town. After doing some research online, I found Protect America, and they were much better! They mailed me the system, and I installed it on my own. Their customer support knows exactly what you're doing and when you're doing. They have so much information. I've had the system for a long time, probably over ten years, and it's worked just fine. I feel really safe with this system.

Shirley Eldridge
June 27th, 2017 Louisville, KY

I would say the equipment is very good, I'm very pleased. I actually installed it myself, with the help of someone by the telephone. It's been a wonderful experience!

Thomas Penson
June 27th, 2017 Hearne, TX

When I first got with their customer support, they were very good. Installing the system was fine, and the equipment has been good, however, somethings is not working well. The alarm goes off if I open a door. I live alone, and can't screw with that stuff. Also, it seems like every time I buy new batteries, they just don't work. Besides that, they're very good with me. They give me time to call them when I accidentally set the alarm off.

June 27th, 2017 Greenville, TX

It was easy to install the system, and the equipment worked really well so far. Plus, the representatives were very good. They answered all my questions.

Fred Heron
June 27th, 2017 San Mateo, CA

Protect America's customer service is always very positive, and respond immediately when the alarm goes off. They've been helpful in getting things settled. Installing the system is very simple. In fact, I moved it from one house to the other by myself. I'm confident that the house is safe. I know that if anything happens, I'm immediately called to see what the problem is.

Barbara Ardd
June 27th, 2017 Newton, MS

I believe I'm enjoying all of it! I've had a good experience with the representatives. They are there when I call.

Q.N.
June 27th, 2017 Irvine, CA

It's easy to install and their customer support is good. I had it before, so when I moved to the new house, we continued using their service.

Linda Sullivan
June 27th, 2017 Lemoore, CA

My brother was happy with Protect America, so he suggested we try it, and they've been fantastic! We've tried to bypass the room in our house, and it was complicated at one point, but now it's pretty simple. Their representatives tried their best so we could feel more comfortable with what we were doing. They had no problem explaining anything to us. They've just been very cooperative, and really really nice.

Christi Hackney
June 27th, 2017 Madison, IN

Everything has been great so far. They came out and installed the whole system in less than an hour; they were wonderful!

William Maguire
June 27th, 2017 Roswell, GA

They offer good customer support. They assisted me through the phone so I could install the system myself. It's worked fine so far, there hasn't been any problems with it. It's just all open shot, and very reliable.

R.S.
June 27th, 2017 Groves, TX

Protect America has made me feel great! I've never had any problems with them, and that's the reason I stay with them; I like it. Besides, the initial installation was also fine.

Amerion Pruitt
June 27th, 2017 Gadsden, AL

I have to say that my experience has been a very good experience. It was rather simple to install the system, and our communication through the process wasn't bad. We purchased it for our protection, and it has always worked. Some things have malfunctioned before, and when I called them, their customer service has been good. I'm satisfied, that's all I can say about it.

Eric Fuller
June 27th, 2017 Dolton, IL

So far, the equipment has been doing its job. The installation process was also pretty straight forward, and their representatives are fine.

James Lonsford
June 27th, 2017 Rossville, GA

They were very patient with me when it came to the installation process; it was good. I call them whenever there's a problem, and they walk me through step by step. I decided to go with Protect America because they offered more than 10 sensors, and so far, I've been happy with it.

Carol Desir
June 27th, 2017 Thomasville, NC

I've gone to seminars to see what company offers the best option, and I chose Protect America. I've had it for over a decade now, and I still have much confidence in it. The system has worked out pretty well. Whenever something happens, like the machine going off, the police comes over right away. Plus, I liked the self-installation process. Every time I call their customer support team, they're always there with the right answers for me.

B.T.
June 27th, 2017 Northville, MI

Customer service helped me with configuring all the sensors when I installed the system, so I'm satisfied with the, I've never had any issues with them. I'm just happy with them so far, I don't have any complaints. They were the first wireless provider, so that's the main reason I've been with them for over 15 years. I'm happy with the service.

Jamie Maddock
June 27th, 2017 Woodbury, GA

I did the installation myself! It was easy. Also, their representatives are great! They have answers for everything. Overall, it's a good company.

Charlotte Lohrey
June 27th, 2017 Nashville, TN

I wouldn't say their customer support is'nt the greatest. Nothing happens unless you pursue them. I had to call 3 times once for the exact same problem. One of the detectors kept going off, and after a few tries, they finally sent me a replacement.

Timothy Chin
June 27th, 2017 Shrub Oak, NY

So far, I haven't had any problems with Protect America. Installing the system was pretty straight forward. They stayed on the phone to make sure that everything was in place, and tested appropriately. They're really helpful anytime I call their 800 number. I actually chose them because they gave me a low-cost option, to let my home personal security option. I believe it's been adequate to my personal needs.

Rosemary Padilla
June 27th, 2017 Albuquerque, NM

Everyone I call for help is very helpful, courteous, experienced and willing to make you feel like they're there to help. They walk me through the whole problem I may be having, and they're happy to do it. I just got an updated panel, and I'm very happy with it.

E.D.
June 27th, 2017 St. Louis, MO

I've been having problems with Protect America. The service is dead when something goes wrong. I'm basically the technician; I'm the one that has to fix the problem. I dislike that idea that they don't have anybody to come out and to do repairs. Don't get me wrong, I like the way everything is installed and setup. However, after a while, the window monitor falls off. I already have a couple of them that aren't working properly, and they don't send anyone out to fix it.

Neil Barraclough
June 27th, 2017 Edinburg, TX

My house has a lot of windows, so Protect America had a good flexibility with customizing their system to my house. That was one of the main reasons I went with them. Customer support has always been great as well. They're pretty responsive when I've called, and they always help me out if I have troubleshooting issues with my system. When one of the sensors has issues, they send you out the replacements and all. There was an occasion when the alarm got tripped in, so I had a police officer at the door within 10 minutes of that. It was a false alarm at that time, but I know somebody will be here in case I need it. I'm just happy with the service.

Floyd Williams
June 27th, 2017 Wildwood, FL

Anytime I have to change something on the system, the only thing I have to do is call, and the representatives walk me through it. I feel very good about it! I've had it for a few years now, and only a few things have gone wrong with it. The only thing I'd like to say is that sometimes the alarm goes off, and nobody is there to ask me if everything is alright.

Sarah Walker
June 27th, 2017 Gilbert, LA

I happened to see an advertisement after somebody had broken into my house, so I saved the number and decided to call. They were really good, and helped me install the system. They're always willing to help and let me know when I can update the system. I just know that if something happens, they'll call me right away.

Edwin Gonzales
June 27th, 2017 Ridgewood, NY

They're good and very reliable. When I need information or batteries, they give me all the information I need. Their customer service is very professional, as far as what they do. I've had false signals, and they called me really fast. They also guided me through the whole installation process. There was no rush on setting or programming the system. I say they're very professional; they haven't let me down.

Auto Hans
June 27th, 2017 Seaside, CA

Protect America was already in place when we moved into the building, and they were really good when I had to deal with someone.

Michael Lewis
June 27th, 2017 Colonial Heights, VA

I have enjoyed the service that they have provided. Every time I need assistance with my alarm system, I call them, and I they're always courteous and give me their full attention. They also set up the monitors and all, so the installation part was very easy. I've just enjoyed it so far. I would recommend them to anyone.

Shane Wilson
June 27th, 2017 Mesa, AZ

The equipment is quite favorable; however, they weren't really helpful on the installation area. We were asked to do it ourselves. Besides that, their customer support has been pretty good, sometimes a little pushy.

James Holloway
June 27th, 2017 Russellville, KY

My husband was in security service in the air-force, and he said that they were a good company. Their representatives have never really had to call because the system works fine. I don't have any complaints. They just came out and installed it. When our motion detector malfunctioned, they just replaced it without a charge, so we haven't had a problem so far.

Barbara Springle
June 27th, 2017 Wilmington, NC

Protect America's customer support was very helpful. They will spend as much time as you need to help you understand everything. We did our own installation, and they helped us over the phone, so it went smoothly. They've just done a good job for us, and we appreciate the fact that when we do call for help, they're very helpful, and will spend as much time with us as necessary.

William Coffey
June 27th, 2017 Kenova, WV

I'm very happy with Protect America. It's user friendly, and I got it all installed. Also, the people I spoke with were excellent. They call and get back to you very promptly. Somebody had just recommended it to me, and well, I kept it. Now, I feel protected.

Tyler Hughes
June 27th, 2017 Clay City, KY

Every time I've called their customer support, they've answered all my questions, so everything with them has been good, so far. Plus, the system has worked well. They were actually doing a free trial, and that's how I got it. It's been years now.

Dewey Maddox
June 27th, 2017 Callahan, FL

The system was already in my residence when I moved in, and so far, it's been good. I haven't had a problem with it. It works very well, and setting it up was very easy.

J.G.
June 27th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

Installing the system was easy. They actually came out and did it for us, so they didn't just send it in the mail. They came out and completely set that up for us. On top of that, their customer service is excellent. I've never had an issue with them. They're also very good with those false alarms. They call us immediately, and give us time to respond the phone, and just stay on the line with us until the police come out. I just appreciate that.

Sanford Gibbons
June 27th, 2017 East Bend, NC

We had it installed years and years ago. They had the best response time, they were just as cheap as everybody else, and I like the wireless part. At the time we got it years ago, there weren't too many being marketed that were wireless. It was no problem at all when we moved; I just brought the system with me, and they've talked to me over the phone and said everything was back up. I had to get the new sensors when we switched over to the new box, and customer service told me what to do each time. There weren't any problems when I called and tested, and when it goes off they call and you give them the password. If you don't they'll send someone over. Everything's fine so far, and I love it.

June 27th, 2017 Orlando, FL

They've been fantastic over the years, that's why I've been a customer as long as I've been. They just need to watch themselves. I tried calling, and after I pressed option 3 on one of the menu's, I couldn't get through, so I ended up getting help through the live chat. What actually made me purchase Protect America in the first place was the price, and because I heard their customer service was great!

Edward Wilson
June 27th, 2017 Foley, AL

Installation was easy. We moved, and they made it very easy for us to move fast and have the system back up, we're pleased with them. We've had others to compare them with, but cost efficiency and excellent customer service were the reasons I decided to go with them. I think it's for the price, which is very good, and that customer service you can't beat, and the equipment is excellent, too.

Richard Briscar
June 27th, 2017 Cleveland, OH

I chose Protect America because I could install it myself in a very simple process, thereby saving the cost of installation and the customer support was very helpful in assisting me to set up the system. The customer support staff are very knowledgeable. I'm very pleased with it overall. I've never had a bad experience with the customer support staff; however, my big complaint is the wait time, I've waited as much as 20-25 minutes in the queue waiting to have my call answered.

F.F.
June 27th, 2017 Lenexa, KS

Protect America has been excellent! Their customer support team has answered all my questions, and the system itself was not hard to install; it was fairly easy. Plus, they've been helpful with upgrading my system and all. Whenever there's an error, things are taken care in a timely manner. I would say they've offered a very positive experience so far.

James White
June 27th, 2017 Cedar Hill, TN

It's usually been very good when it comes to their customer service agents. The last time we had some problems, and I think he got somebody that was helpful, but then he had to come back and he got somebody that was outstanding. My husband installed the system himself, however, he did have to call back to verify everything. Overall, it's been a positive experience.

Norma Butler
June 27th, 2017 Mabelvale, AR

After seeing one of their advertisements, I thought Protect America was a good deal, so I went with it, So far, I haven't had a problem with them. Every time I call, I get a good answer to my questions and so forth. Plus, I did the installation myself, they just sent me all the equipment. The only thing I do have to day is that I need an upgrade. I've had this for quite a while, so I'm going call and see if I could get an upgrade package.

Ronald Carlson
June 27th, 2017 Baytown, TX

I installed the system myself, and it's worked fine so far. Their support team is great, they always call back when I need service

Phillip Ward
June 27th, 2017 Huntsville, AL

My customer support with Protect America has been great, it's been really good. I just wanted a security company and that's the company that was available. The equipment is excellent, and with the self-installation, I did install it myself. I think the prices are reasonable; it's a good price with their service.

Beverly Hoy
June 27th, 2017 Santee, CA

I went with them because they came to my door when my house is brand new. The installation was easy, and they just came in and put everything up and then tested it. Their customer service has been pretty good, and so far it's been pretty good overall, too, but one of the sensors broke and then I had to kind of argue with them to give me a new one for free.

Juanita Thomas
June 27th, 2017 Linden, AL

I originally chose Protect America because of the price, but it's changed over the years. Their customer service team is very good, and they also did a pretty good job with the installation. It's been a fair experience overall so far, because of the price and the monitors; the batteries didn't hold up all that well.

Janier Caban-Hernandez
June 27th, 2017 Hartford, CT

I've had it for years, I think part of the reason for getting it was the price and the other part was the ease of setting it up. Every time I call customer service, they've been right on target. They walk through what ever issues I have to my satisfaction, and I've been very happy with the service that they provided. Installation was easy enough; I just I spoke to them to ask where I should stick my phone to the wall and how to adjust it so that I could pick up all of the different sensors I had in the house. So far I'm very happy with the equipment. They've all worked. I'm satisfied with the price. My overall experience has been very positive. They've been very accommodating, they answer all my questions and when they say they'll call me back, they call me back.

Minnie Wilson
June 27th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

A friend told me about it. So far it's been very good. Whenever I called about an issue it's gotten resolved, so I've had nothing but a good experience. They don't do installation; they send you everything and you do the installation yourself, that's the only downside of it, but my daughter helped me with that. The equipment itself is very good, though.

Jerry Bowling
June 27th, 2017 Searcy, AR

Overall I'm pleased with what I've got, Protect America. I heard about them because they had a good reputation. I had worked as a police officer prior to going with that alarm company, and I had never answered false alarms at Protect America alarm systems. They've been helpful virtually whenever I've had an issue. Installation is easy, simple, not hard at all.

Jairo Perez
June 27th, 2017 Anaheim, CA

Customer service is very good! They always pick up the phone, and there's always somebody willing to help. If someone doesn't help, or cannot help at the time, they escalate it to a supervisor, and they always get back to you on time. I have had Protect America for at least 8 years now, and it's been excellent!

Joan Ness
June 27th, 2017 Stonington, CT

I think Protect America is a reliable company. They walked me through the whole installation process. We ordered the materials, they sent them and walked us through setting it up. Their representatives have been excellent. They've solved every problem I've had. When I have an issue, they stay on the line and take care of it. I love the service! It's very good.