Protect America

Call Now Visit Site

Protect America verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Protect America provides self-installed home security and automation solutions and has serviced nearly half a million homes since 1992. The company offers 24/7 professional monitoring through Criticom Monitoring Services. Protect America's monthly fees range from $19.99 to $42.99, which includes free equipment such as a control panel, motion detectors, and door/window sensors. While many do-it-yourself security providers nickel and dime customers on equipment costs, Protect America provides free equipment with no upfront fee.

The Good

• Free Equipment
  • Low Monthly Fee (as low as $19.99)
  • Home Automation Features
  • Lifetime Equipment Warranty
  • 24/7 Landline, Cellular, and Broadband Monitoring

Free Equipment, Low Monthly Fee, Monitoring

In a sea of endless security provider options, Protect America beats out competitors on one of the most important factors: price. At a monthly cost as low as $19.99/month, customers get 24/7 professional monitoring and free equipment (one control panel, three door/window sensors, and a motion detector). Even for a do-it-yourself solution, this price is pretty incredible. While most self-installed security companies are able to provide low monthly monitoring fees, they usually make up for the savings in equipment costs.

Home Automation Features

At less than $20/month, you usually shouldn't expect home automation features; however, Protect America comes through on the wireless control options. Through the company's app, customers are able to view camera footage and control their security system, door locks (additional equipment cost) and lights/appliances (additional equipment cost) from a smartphone.

Lifetime Equipment Warranty

All equipment is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning Protect America will ship replacement parts for all defective equipment at no charge to the customer. In addition, Protect America provides home security monitoring through landline (least expensive), broadband and cellular communication; it's a rarity for companies to provide all three in the residential security industry.

The Bad

• Cellular Monitoring (Recommended) Starts at $41.99/Month
  • 36-Month Contract
  • Cancellation Terms

36-Month Contract

Perhaps the least appealing feature of Protect America is its 36-month contract. While lengthy contracts aren't unusual in the security industry, many do-it-yourself providers similar to Protect America have nixed contracts completely; however, a contract is likely where the company makes up for these risks.

Cancellation Terms

The terms of Protect America's contract aren't particularly forgiving either. If customers decide to cancel their contract before the 36-month term, Protect America requires them to pay the full remaining balance (many security providers only require customers to pay a percentage of the remaining balance).

Cellular Monitoring

And while the company flaunts monthly prices "as low as $19.99," the fine print informs us that this cost is for landline monitoring only. For customers who want cellular monitoring and remote access to their system, packages start at $41.99/month.

The Bottom Line

With low monthly fees, zero upfront costs, and a free moving option, Protect America is one of the most affordable home security solutions on the market today. Protect America offers an attractive lifetime warranty on its equipment, a full range of monitoring options, as well as home automation features; however, if you are not interested in signing a long-term contract (which can become expensive if you wish to cancel early), Protect America may not be the best fit. That said, this company will more than likely satisfy the majority of your home security needs, and all at a great price.

Call our recommended rep over at Protect America below.

665 Protect America Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

July 20th, 2017 Thurmont, MD

The prices is reasonable, and everything beyond that was fabulous. Plus, they helped me install the system through the phone, and that wasn’t a problem.

8 0

July 20th, 2017 Houston, TX

It was already installed when I got here, but Protect America’s agents have offered a very positive experience. They’ve helped me every time I call them, and they’ve solved any problem I ever had. It’s been a very acceptable service.

6 0

July 20th, 2017 Fernley, NV

I've had it for years, and they offer a good product for a good price. All my experience with customer support has been great! They do everything they can to walk you through the situation, and if that doesn’t work, they'll take care of it. Regarding the installation process, all I had to do was place the sensors where they belong.

5 0

July 20th, 2017 Wilkesboro, NC

I’m just satisfied with Protect America. Every time we’ve had to call, they’ve taken care of our problems. Plus, installing it wasn’t hard; it was a pretty quick process.

4 0

July 20th, 2017 Monument Beach, MA

We’ve been having some problems with the system, but we’ll get back to them about that. Overall, their representatives have been fine.

3 0

July 20th, 2017 High Ridge, MO

The reason I chose Protect America was because the price was good, and the system was easy to install. Customer support gets back to you real quick, and they help you solve your problems. It’s been a reliable system, and the only issue I’ve had was taken care of right away.

4 0

July 20th, 2017 Coldspring, TX

It really wasn’t hard to install, but in the years I’ve had it, there have been a few difficulties. I left my house once, with the pan on the stove, and because of their persistency of trying to get a hold of me, I finally called the fire department. They saved my house! I’m really pleased with the fire sensors and system, and that is probably why I keep the service.

3 0

July 20th, 2017 Mukilteo, WA

Sometimes the system can be a little awkward, but it works fine. I believe I’ve only talked to their representatives once or twice, and they were okay.

July 20th, 2017 Dallas, TX

We had to get a new unit because ours was old, and it was good! Customer support answered the phone and sent us a unit, so that was easy. They just gave us the instructions on how to install it, and it wasn’t hard at all.

2 0

July 20th, 2017 Grand Ridge, FL

This was the cheapest one at the time and it was just something that we decided we needed. It's been real good, I mean when you call them and they answer all the questions and help you through everything, they're just good about it. As for installations, the guy came in and just installed everything and gave us instruction, how to do and it was real good.

July 20th, 2017 Elm City, NC

Many years ago they were in this area and they were installing free with the purchase of monthly monitoring, free equipment sounded good to me. They've been excellent.

July 20th, 2017 Phelan, CA

Protect America's equipment is good. The sales package was at a good deal and installation was pretty easy.

July 20th, 2017 Garland, TX

Installation was easy I did it myself. The guy I had him on the phone helped me walked through setting them all up initially but they're having troubles with it. Customer service is excellent, taking care of me every time, anytime my alarms gone off they contacted us.

July 20th, 2017 Dolores, CO

I think Protect America is convenient. Installation is easy and customer support has been good.

July 20th, 2017 Hudson, MI

This has come in handy couple of times, you know the alarm would go off and the police came in and that was nice to know that it works good. Well I'm pretty satisfied except for the motion one in the house, it don't work all that great but the doors and windows part works really good.

July 20th, 2017 Nerstrand, MN

Their customer service has been very good. Our battery has gone out a couple of times, and they walk us through the reprogramming process. Besides, the price is good, and the equipment is simple to install.

July 20th, 2017 Dagsboro, DE

There was no problem with setting up the system, and their customer service has been good so far.

July 20th, 2017 Volcano, CA

Although the installation was simple, the equipment seems to be outdated. I’ve checked their website and they don’t have any significant updates, so I’ve considered changing suppliers. Plus, the monthly fees are too high. There are services out there where you can pay almost half of what I’m paying, so changing providers is something I’m considering for the future.

3 1

July 20th, 2017 Willingboro, NJ

They do what I ask them to do, and I haven’t had a problem with their equipment. They’ve just offered a very positive experience.

July 20th, 2017 Houston, TX

I haven’t had a problem with their customer service, but I did have to wait a while once to get somebody on the line. Besides that, everything has been fine.