LifeShield Security

LifeShield Security Logo

LifeShield Security

verified
Monthly Plans from $19.99

LifeShield Security, an ADT company, is a pioneer in DIY smart home security offering Wi-Wi enabled security products that are compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Homeowners and renters can choose from three security sets or build their own custom security set to fit their needs. Low monthly monitoring starts at $19.99 per month to $24.98 per month plus tax. Read LifeShield Security reviews below to see if the home security company is right for you.

The Good

• Equipment Warranty and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Remote Access on All Plans
  • No Landline Phone Connection Required
  • 24/7 Professional Monitoring
  • Home Automation Options
  • Transparent LifeShield Security Pricing

Equipment Warranty and 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeShield provides its customers with Wi-Fi enabled, wireless security products for up to 40% off. An equipment warranty is added to provide protection throughout the entirety of the service contract. All of LifeShield products also come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. The 30-day money-back guarantee refund covers upfront costs, including activation fee when applicable, and shipping. Note that customers must return promotional items.

Remote Access on All Plans

The completely wireless home security systems use internet and cellular connections to monitoring centers. Users can use the LifeShield app to arm and disarm the alarm system from any location. With four layers of protection (including high-speed internet, cellular signal, cellular text, and landline phone) and 24-hour battery backup, the home security system stays connected to help you stay protected.

No Landline Phone Connection Required

Customers have the option of using landline phone connection as an unrequired backup, but LifeShield home security systems don't need a landline connection to operate.

24/7 Professional Monitoring

Three coast-to-coast monitoring centers help protect you day and night from burglary, fire, and flood. They are backed up with two generators and uninterruptible power supplies. These monitoring centers will immediately alert the customer and emergency service personnel the moment a signal alert is triggered.

Home Automation Options

LifeShield has smart home automation included in all plans. With the free LifeShield mobile app, you can manage your home security system and your smart home devices. LifeShield systems are compatible with Amazon, Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Z-Wave Plus devices. Smart home automation capabilities include:

• Locking and unlocking smart door locks
  • Dimming or turning on/off your lights
  • Turning smart outlets on/off
  • Controlling smart thermostat temperature and controls
  • Opening and closing your garage door

Transparent LifeShield Security Pricing

LifeShield Security has all pricing information listed on its website. The security systems are priced from $199.15 to $376.10. There is also an option to build your own custom security system.

Monthly monitoring is $19.99 without video storage and $24.98 (plus tax) with 30-day video storage. Available smart home security products with LifeShield include:

• Patented base
  • Entry keypad
  • Security touchpad
  • Indoor and outdoor smart cameras
  • HD video doorbell (coming soon)
  • Door/window sensor
  • Pet-friendly motion sensor
  • Fire safety sensor
  • Glass break sensor
  • Temperature/flood sensor

The Bad

Company History

The company's overall history has been relatively unstable. The company was founded in 2004 and then purchased by DIRECTV in 2013, which then became a part of AT&T in 2015. In April of 2017, the former CEO of LifeShield acquired the company from AT&T and brought back the original self-installation platform with a direct-to-consumer approach.

However, in 2019, LifeShield Security was acquired by ADT. With ADT support, the company is now taking product innovation to the next level, while continuing to make excellent customer service a top priority.

The Bottom Line

LifeShield Security, an ADT company, offers total security solutions to customers across the United States. Monthly plans feature 24/7 professional monitoring, equipment warranties, and remote access from virtually anywhere. Starting at $19.99 per month for entire home coverage and included smart home automation features, service plans are competitively priced against other home security marketplace options. There are also home automation options controlled through the LifeShield mobile app that allow homeowners to synch their home security system and their smart home devices. To hear what past and current customers have to say, read LifeShield Security reviews below.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeShield Security below.

3.7

D.V.Johnson
January 10th, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS

My experience with Lifeshield has been nothing but frustration and disappointment. The monitoring equipment fell off the wall multiple times. The system frequently went off-line. Technical assistance was not knowledgeable at troubleshooting this cut-rate equipment. Customer service was NOT helpful when issues arose whether related to equipment or the account. We gave up trying to troubleshoot the problems about 2 years into the contract. Ending the contract was not easy either. They want their crappy equipment back. Why I don’t know because it doesn’t work. Be careful. Better yet choose another company. Anyone you choose will undoubtedly be better than Lifeshield!

joe ullman
November 19th, 2018 Durham, NH DETAILS

man, some of these criticisms are just BS. I've had this for over 10 years. Yeah, there were some installation issues but the customer service is excellent; they are always there and very helpful. Once it is installed i've had few problems that weren't related to dying batteries. Monitoring service is excellent; i don't know what these people are talking about. I've often gotten alarms that I didn't even know about because I didn't answer the phone. I get email, text or calls. Door and window monitors, motion sensors are all fine. Never had a problem. I have dogs and cats and the alarms never go off. Easy to use interface on web and phone. Maybe if I was doing it again i'd use simpliSafe because the monitoring fee is less but i'm happy with the existing system.

Jeff Jablon
May 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Just got lifeshield didn't do credit check and only paying $20.99 had called ADT first sales guy was a joke wanted the $27.99 service nope 54.99 if you don't have landline lifeshield does more than ADT and at better price also have money back if don't like cant lose

John Hammond
February 12th, 2018 Upper Marlboro, MD DETAILS

Very poor monitoring service. Very lengthy contract period and monitor by another company with no accountability. Hostile customer relationship with the goal to collect their monthly fees. Waste of money for monitoring.

REITA Chamberlain
January 23rd, 2018 DETAILS

I will advise family and friends NOT to use LifeShield security. We have now had their equipment for nearly 2 years. It hasn't worked for more than half of that. You are stuck for another year if you don't call within 20 days before date service started. Were told one thing last year, and a different thing this year. Awful customer service!!!

Brian stroud
January 16th, 2018 Grants Pass, OR

I am sending ur stuff back don't stick always falls off the wall.. and takes the paint I am done with it

Mary Denewellis
January 8th, 2018 Joliet, IL DETAILS

Purchased Life Shield thru AT&T /DIRECT TV about a year and a half ago. Suddenly yesterday we could no longer connect see the cameras on our TV’s, a feature we used often. Around noon I used it to see who was at the door. At 2 PM it no longer would connect to my router and kept telling me my PW was invalid. Since I could no longer connect to internet, and other devices would not connect also, I called AT&T and they came out first thing today AM. Their installer told me that an update had occured with their equipment and he reset my router. It still will not connect thru my DIRECT TV, the reason being Life Shield is no longer affiliated with ATT. So the TV viewing of my cameras is no longer able to work and If I want that feature I need to buy their Digital Life, their new security company. I am so mad I could scream. They change my system without even notifying me that they are deleting features/dropping the Life Shield company with no option or way to keep the features I was promised. If they can do that, what other features will they just cancel without informing the customer. It would have been nice to know they split. Thanks AT&T

Mike
November 6th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Decent customer service, but sub-par equipment and set up

Gail Davis
September 15th, 2017 Columbus, OH

To have a security system is to have an extra comfort. The benefit of being notified when stranger activity occurs or there's unauthorized entry, that is great. I'd like to suggest for Life Shield to upgrade their equipment, I feel that it lacks quality.

B. H.
September 15th, 2017 Mision Hills, CA

I decided to go with LifeShield because of a burglary to my house, and ever since, I have sleeping easier at night, not being worried when I'm away from home. However, the only thing I'd suggest them to polish is their alert notifications because the text messages and email alerts have a delay, they don't go out at all sometimes.

Fank Fazil
September 15th, 2017 New Windsor, NY

Overall, my experience has been great. I wanted to entirely secure my home and in case of an emergency being able to contact the police and fire department. I haven't had any problem with it, it works well and I am happy.

Lisa Correia
September 15th, 2017 Providence, RI

So far, I've been happy with the service I've been provided with. I'm at ease, especially during the night, it is good to know that a burglar would have to by pass a sensor just to get into the main level, it just gives protection and peace of mind to my family.

H. B
September 15th, 2017 Cabot, AR

We decided to purchased a home security system because I wanted to make sure that our home was secure and safe. My only suggestion would be to have a better key-more system.

Maria Tabor
September 15th, 2017 Portsmouth, VA

LifeShield is very reliable, they're always call when the alarm goes off, it's a great system, I feel safe at night.

Martin Constanzer
September 15th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

I am very happy with the assurance that we have, everything's safer when we go to vacations. With my phone app I can track what's going on the house, I can see who's in, and who's out the house. Their customer service is great, they're very helpful and responsive, it's easy to replace batteries or any warranted items. My only suggestion is if it was easier to get new cameras into the system, so it can worth the monthly fee.

leeann
September 12th, 2017 Cincinnati, OH

keypad doesn't consistently work

Fair
September 12th, 2017 Republic, MO

Sensors are wearing out

September 12th, 2017 Farmington, MI

We have had several false alarms, however, Lifeshield has always called us right away, before the police showed up. We like their Quick response time to the alarm when it goes off!!!!

steelerfan
September 12th, 2017 Bel Air, MD

They have been very helpful and responsive when I needed support and when my alarm went off a few times, the police were dispatched immediately.

M
September 12th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

It goes off line all the time. The tablet broke.

September 12th, 2017 La Mesa, CA

Camera doesn't work

September 12th, 2017 Middletown, IN

Because the distance from the base unit to the furthest door sensor sometimes does not detect the sensor. It is not possible for us to centralize the base to get it closer so there is some restrictions.

September 12th, 2017 White Lake, MI

Lifeshield failed to deactivate a recent alarm that was set off due to a mistake from my part. I confirmed my information and requested to the agent that the alarm be stopped while on my way to work, but instead the police showed up unnecessarily. It was a major waste of time from my part and the part of the officer, which could have been easily prevented from Lifeshield.

September 12th, 2017 Broomfield, CO

Technology does not seem to be butting edge and overpriced for being out dated. Many issues with communication between sensors and main hub, regardless of location of hub.

September 12th, 2017 Upper Darby, PA

There are cheaper options that include mobile backup in case the landlines are down. However, customer service is good and I like the mobile app.

September 12th, 2017 North Olmsted, OH

Very prompt about calling when alarm is triggered

September 12th, 2017 Clemson, SC

We feel safe with continuous monitoring.

September 12th, 2017 Christiansburg, VA

Some equipment doesn't work as well as it should

September 12th, 2017 Folsom, CA

Affordable and easy to use

September 12th, 2017 Douglas, GA

Too many issues with equipment.

September 12th, 2017 Caledonia, MI

fast response when alarm is triggered

September 12th, 2017 Cary, NC

Website painfully slow. Products are just okay. My camera frequently stops working and I have to reset it. Cost seems high for the little I actually receive.

September 12th, 2017 Columbus, OH

good service, monthly rate a bit high

September 12th, 2017 Sylvania, OH

Overall, good service. Seems to work well.

September 12th, 2017 Taylorsville, UT

Not support for the deaf need flashing light if alarming.

September 12th, 2017 Charlotte, NC

Broadband network drops connection to often.

September 12th, 2017 Cleveland, MS

Updates to system should be available for discounted pricing.

September 12th, 2017 Anaheim, CA

Call center very responsive

September 12th, 2017 Gainesville, FL

Very reliable, quick response and thorough

September 12th, 2017 Sunnyvale, CA

The customer service for an incidence was horrible. They never honored the Warranty.

Noriel Reyes
August 29th, 2017

Alarm goes "whacko" after a 15 min away mode. Happens 2x in a week period. We get billed twice for $130.00 for 1 serv rep visit. Not a cop but a serv rep from Lifeshield ... Cust serv states 2 visit... but we only had 1 signed visit. WHAT A RIPPED OFF. We cancelled our serv. before we max our contract...

Phillip Petty
July 25th, 2017 Lonsdale, AR

We live in a remote area, so we needed an alarm system because we're not close to any responders. The fact that the system will alert us if there was ever an event has given us a peace of mind. I've been really happy with it.

Robert Loudermilk
July 25th, 2017 Dallas, GA

This service has added more peace of mind. I don't have to worry as much about my house, and I can use the access app to see if anything is going on.

Chong Lee
July 25th, 2017 San Jose, CA

I've benefited from the timestamp it gives when the doors open and close. I just wish it had a longer battery life, and that it came with more sensors.

David Veilleux
July 25th, 2017 North Las Vegas, NV

LifeShield is an outstanding company to deal with. I like the cameras in my home when I'm not here. They've offered a great experience so far.

Eric Jones
July 25th, 2017 Fort Lauderdale, FL

They should have regular updates on customer satisfaction. We've had some issues with the equipment, and we haven't really heard any feedback from LifeShield about fixing it or replacing it. We did appreciate the ability to look at the cameras when we're away from home, and to know that our home is safe when we aren't there.

Ronnell Tyars
July 25th, 2017 Corona, CA

I'm able to look into my home when I'm away, so I like that. Plus, I get notifications about any unauthorized entrance. My only suggestion would be that they should have different camera sizes, and different prices as well.

K.W.
July 25th, 2017 Leander, TX

I purchased this service to have a peace of mind. There's not really much to say about it, I just like the ability to remotely check in on the house when I'm away.

C.S.
July 25th, 2017 Fort Wayne, IN

It's given me a sense of being secure. We haven't had any issues with the system, so I'd say it's been a very positive experience so far.

Billie Brown
July 25th, 2017 Navarre, FL

My husband was going out of town a lot and I needed something to make sure I was safe, so I decided to go with LifeShield. I like the fact that it alerts me as soon as the door is open, so they gave me the secure feeling of knowing that if somebody opens the door, it will set off. Another thing I really like is the notifications you get when the alarm goes off, they call right away.