Best Company Guarantee Frontpoint Logo

Frontpoint

7.4

D Gene Katy, TX

Getting some of the individual devices into the program is somewhat difficult. I had a system from another company that uses Simon XT and I thought I'd be able to use all those sensors, but I was only able to use the motion sensors. So, I had to buy new sensors for the doors, windows, and instead of it costing me $200 it cost me $600-$700. I haven't had any issues with them, and I would definitely recommend them. I think they are an outstanding company.

M Pontiac, IL

They are responsive, helpful, and walk you through the steps of the installation. They are always very pleasant and helpful on the phone. The equipment is performing well, it's easy to use and I haven't had any problems with it.

Nicolas The Bronx, NY

This is going to sound terrible, but every time I call they all speak English. It's very important to me to be able to understand them. I've had to call them a few times because it was a learning process and to me it was difficult to get it set up and get going. It has a self-installation kit which I wasn't aware of, and the system doesn't always respond the way I thought it would/should. I like that I can have some alarmed and some disarmed, it's very easy to bypass the system. I wish their customer service was open 24/7.

Ernie Millstadt, IL

During the install I had a lot of questions and they were courteous and answered all my questions. They got everything working. I had an alarm and they called immediately and we worked out that it was somehow a false alarm. The sales person told me 200 feet, but the motion detectors didn't do that.

Nareshkanna Tracy, CA

It's affordable and easy to install. I like the app because you can watch your home sensors. Whenever I call them, they clarify all my concerns and doubts. They provide technical assistance the entire time and resolve all my issues in one single call.

Everett Austin, TX

There was always a real person on the line to give us the information we need, they answered any questions we had. It was easy to install and worked perfectly from the first time we turned it on. The monitoring charges are a bit high, but the equipment is reasonable.

Sandy Boyse

The service in both setting up and troubleshooting the equipment is amazing! They work with you very calmly and don't let your frustration get them down. Always ask if there is anything else they can help with before you get off the phone.

Susan

I rate them because I like the sensors if you fool with them they notified right away I like their accuracy on the Range they call you right away after your cold you don't know on the police are already on their way I think they're a good company that's why I rate them a five

Rose Marie Tiernan Sebastian, FL

I went with Frontpoint because they had good ratings, and their price is fair. Anytime I call their customer service, they answer my questions right away. One time, I had a little bit of water get near my water sensor, and they notified me right away!

Christine Kauffmann Ferndale, MI

My daughter recommended this company to me, and I'm very pleased with their customer service. They've always responded immediately and politely. They solve any of our issues. Unfortunately, we are not as pleased with the equipment. We have two properties, and the glue that catches the contact point is really bad and keeps falling off. We keep having calls that there are break ins, but there are none because it's faulty. The one on my back door falls off every week or so, but I still think it's a good value for your money.

Phillip Menzies New Rochelle, NY

Frontpoint's customer service is very attentive and committed to serving all of its customers. They are rated the best so far in home security systems, and their equipment is very user-friendly. I would recommend it to other homeowners who are looking to purchase a home security system. The system is also extremely affordable.

Paul Chuckran Port Hadlock, WA

At the beginning when I signed up, there were a couple different mix ups in terms of billing and stat updates that had to be straightened out. I was credited, and talked to the right person, but there wasn't immediate feedback from the company after that. The equipment is generally the same as most high tech companies. I haven't had any real problems, and the system seems to work okay. I have recommended them to others!

Daniele Andreini Arlington, VA

A real estate agent recommended Frontpoint to my family, and we are very happy with them. Their customer support is quick to respond and solve any issue I've had. I'm not really a handyman, and it was very easy to install. Everything worked immediately after self-installation. I've had no issues with them, so I'm very happy.

Linda S

I was a bit hesitant to buy a security system that I had to install myself. But the instructions were very thorough, and when I did run into an issue (twice during installation), their helpline was stellar - walked me through quickly. And I know the alarm is working, because we had a false alarm that was responded to by the sheriff department.

Walter Berry

It's easy to install and affordable. I did have some issues because I was out of the coverage range, but they identified that I needed to get my unit back with the internet and they upgraded my unit at no cost to fix my problem.

Shawn Johnston

I had a great first impression while on the phone talking to the guy who helped me figure out what I needed for my particular house. They walk you through whatever steps you need and it's as good as any other service I've used.

Patrick Bryant

I've had some problems with the door sensor going offline and then coming back on, but I think that's due to the door with the seasonal change in humidity. The person that helped me put the system together was very honest and gave me a lot of good things to think about.

Karen Albin

They helped me through the whole process of putting this in and explained how each thing worked. I felt very confident going into this because they gave me all the information I needed before I bought. Delivery was quick, and I'm just very satisfied with them.

Bob Rickelman

It's easy to get a hold of somebody, every time I talk to someone in person they've been able to answer my questions and help me out. I haven't had any problems with the equipment, I like the "do it yourself" aspect of custom ordering based on your own needs. I would like it if the rates were a little lower, though.

Steven Fravel

It doesn't have an interface to the Amazon Echo, I think it would be simpler if we could just tell Alexa rather than having to go over to the panel. I've had to call them a few times, and they've been very helpful and walked me through what I needed. They gave me a terrific deal on the equipment and it seemed to be very easy to install.

Jim Moynihan

They did a nice job helping me with the installation, they walked me through it pretty quickly. I haven't had any issues with the equipment. Again, the installation is very easy, I think a lot of people might get scared away from having to do it, but it really is easy.

Mark W.

It was fairly easy to figure out the equipment i needed to secure my home, very simple to install and initialize the system and has worked great for almost a year now. Easy to arm and disarm the system and has great reminders and notifications.

Lisa Whittington

Every time I've interacted with customer support they have gone above and beyond to make sure that all my questions were answered and that I had everything I needed. I'm just really impressed with them. The equipment is easy to use and up to date.

Daniel Miller

I've had a good experience with them, we're happy with it. Whenever I call them I get through to someone right away, I'm not put on hold or anything. Everybody is also very nice and knowledgeable. The equipment is amazingly clear. It works well and, even if someone unplugged it from the wall, it would still work.

Darlene Wells

I found a list of the top 10 best companies for this type of service. I started calling them all and checking on them but I didn't really have a lot of time to call everyone. In the end I settled with Frontpoint because they seemed like a good company and their equipment had good features. I really don't know the full extent and capability of the system. I assume it's all working properly. A lot of times though, when I look at the application, it will say that the network is down or something. I don't know if that's my phone's network or if it is Frontpoint's network, but that's a little disappointing. I think their customer service is fine. I don't always get to someone right away when I call, there is a little lag between the call going through and a live person come on the line. Otherwise, it's fairly good.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and please let us know if you ever experience that network outage again, as we would be more than happy to investigate this and make sure everything is working exactly how you need it to!

May. 21st, 2018

I chose them because I like what they offered and the personnel was good. Talking with them was a good experience. Every time I call I get good responses and feedback. They can always help me with whatever situation comes up. They could definitely do better with the sensors and the monitor. Like, it would be nice to be able to tell when someone opens a door and also which door it was. That kind of capability would be great.

The system is top of the line sort of stuff, there's just some minor flaws here and there. For instance, it doesn't trigger as quickly as I think it should. Thing is, there was some miscommunication as far as how the system worked. Now I'm stuck with merchandise that I really can't use and I didn't find that out until two months into it. So, I was basically paying a higher fee for a service I wasn't using.

I signed up because they seemed like the best deal with the most complete system. The equipment is good. I'm not sure how it compares to the industry standards, but I think it's better than anything else we've seen. They have always been responsive to any alarms that go off.

Angela Goldner

I picked them because they were cellular based. They were very quick to respond to a false alarm that happened. Some parts of the system that go on the walls have fallen a few times though. The backs of those are uneven so they don't attach well.

George Saffouri Manassas, VA

My sister uses it, so I decided to give it a shot and see if it would work for me. Outside of the initial set up, I haven't really had to contact them. I really need to call them though because I'm not really sure if my unit is actually working correctly. It does look like everything is good quality. One thing that isn't as good though is the parts they give you for the set up like the sticky things you use to put things on the wall. Those are not really that strong.

Raghavendra Narayana Valley Park, MO

We chose Frontpoint because they gave me more flexibility, we didn't have to sign a contract for a whole year or 2. Instead we could do it on a monthly basis. Whenever I call they are there to answer immediately, I don't have to wait for a long time for an agent to pick up. I'm always satisfied with the answers that I get. Most of the equipment that they sent me is good but I've stopped using the motion sensors. They were just not working properly; they wouldn't detect motion or anything of the sort. It's very important for us to have those in case someone breaks in but if they don't work that's no use. I also wish that they came with cameras or video we could look at if they went off. A thing I liked was the flexibility of being able to activate the alarm from my phone. They also had this feature you had to opt into to make it harder for someone to hack into your central system. That feature alone was expensive though, $47.99. After a neighbor told me we were in a secured zone, I decided to get rid of those two features. . .

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and please let us know if you have any questions or if you ever need anything moving forward, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Francisco Farias Orlando, FL

I went with them because I liked the connectivity it gave me. I can monitor everything remotely and activate or deactivate the alarm wherever I am. They are really prompt and effective. The equipment is good and price-wise it offers better value compared to other companies. It's just cheaper.

David Newman Minneapolis, MN

I got it since it was recommended by my insurance company and they were highly rated. Everything was easy to install. They have also been very professional every time I call them. They answer all my questions and are very courteous. No matter what information I might need, they have it.

Richard Petty Conroe, TX

I picked them because they had a cellular-based model security system. The system was almost too simple to install. They're always very courteous, prompt, and knowledgeable. Recently I accidentally left the house without turning the alarm off and I only got about six feet out the door before they contacted me.

Anonymous Gettysburg, PA

I went with them since they offered the best value and their system was the most versatile. I'm happy with it for the most part but we just had a false alarm that ended up calling the state police to my house. I think it's a faulty motion sensor that's just too old. It has called the police out two times already. I don't think that should've happened. I mean, overall I think they're a good company, I'm 95% pleased with the service. It's just that glitch that has me annoyed.

Yewkeong Chong Austin, TX

Every time I call, there's always someone ready to pick up and answer my questions. The equipment is ok for the most part. The only piece that doesn't work is the fire and smoke alarm, that one fell down because the glue doesn't stick well to the wall.

Vyom Neeraj Canton, MI

I wanted to try something different than ADT and, since I had heard great things about Frontpoint, I went for it. The system is quite good but it's still a little old, especially the keypad. Everyone is quite helpful or at least they try to be. Sometimes it can take a while to get the issue resolved though. I had a few problems where I had to call multiple times or I couldn't get a good answer from customer service. The only other thing is that I felt that the company was not very transparent in terms of pricing and the breakdown of all the fees. To this day I don't have a detailed breakdown of what I paid for the initial service and set up. If I have to return or exchange the equipment it's not very clear if I'll be refunded anything at all. I've tried multiple times to ask them some of these big questions, but no one has ever been able to give me a clear answer.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. It is important to us that you receive the help you need so one of our Support Supervisors will be reaching out to you shortly to address all of your concerns. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Terri Hawkins Winchester, VA

Our son had it and since he liked it we went with it too. The system is smaller than other ones and it's easier to use too. It's very user friendly and once we got it set up we had no problems with it. Customer support is very good on the telephone but sometimes you just need someone to come out and help you and they don't offer that.

Sergio Cisneros American Canyon, CA

I heard from someone that they had good service and, since I liked their price, I got it. They are very responsive and courteous. If there's a problem they will stay with you until it is resolved. The system is very simple, it doesn't require you to have a lot of wires or to make holes on the wall. You can just set it up by yourself.

Jason Wortham Flint, TX

After reading some reviews it had, I thought I'd give it a try. They guy that I talked to was very helpful and walked me through every little step of the process. He was very thorough. The equipment works great, I've had no issues with it. I'm very pleased, I feel like I'm getting good value for my money.

Aaron Dancygier West Hollywood, CA

I got it because the price was reasonable and the system itself was flexible. You can integrate external devices if they are supported by the system. Everything worked right out of the box without any problems. Customer service is well trained and very thorough. They are basically able to solve any problem that comes up.

Jacob Barnes Clover, SC

The system is pretty good and easy to install. We've had to call them several times since we got it set up and they have answered every question professionally. They are always quick and take the time to listen to every concern that we have.

Erica Hirsch Antioch, TN

Customer service has been great, very attentive and responsive. They answer every question that I have no matter when I call them. I've had no issues with the equipment so far. I mean, I haven't used it much, but I love everything about it. It has good features and installing it was very easy.

Anonymous Pinckney, MI

I found it on the internet and went for it. When they initially sold it to me, everyone was very helpful and the one time I called customer support they were quick to answer my questions. I really haven't had any issues or reason to put the system to the test but it seems to work well.

Neil Renton, WA

The bottom line for FrontPoint is that they have exceptional customer service. If you leave an email, you get a response quickly or a call. If you call, you are greeted by staff that simply and clearly works through your issues until they are resolved.

MD

Service reliable, customer service always amazing to work with. Never in 5 years have I had a problem with them or the service. I would not even consider using another company. Have actually referred and got more people to use their service

Maximillian C.

The initial purchase and setup went great, but there is a very annoying bug with the alarm panel (supposedly doesn't affect functionality), that after several attempts, they have not fixed. Also, recently, I ordered add'l equipment, which, several days later, I have not received any updates or tracking info for, and cannot find a way check order status. I've left messages for them a couple times (about technical issues/questions), which fell through the cracks and I never received responses to. Their staff have all been very polite and professional, and generally seem well-educated on the aspects of their services. But they need to fix their processes so customer requests/inquiries don't fall through the cracks. Also, while sensor prices seem pretty good (especially during sales), their monitoring is a little on the pricy side.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Rest assured, one of our Support Specialists will be reaching out to make sure you receive all the tracking information for your order and answer any questions you may have. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Apr. 3rd, 2018

Emmanuel Landrian

I wanted something I could pretty much build by myself so I did some research online and chose Frontpoint. Everything has worked out great so far. Things were pretty easy to set up, very user friendly. It all seems to work great. Every time I call them with a problem they are very helpful. I have no complaints.

Thomas White

I thought they would be a good company to work with. The service has been good for the most part. I just wish that they had some people come out and help us install things like the door lock and the door camera. We haven't had the opportunity to use them because they don't offer the installation service...

Darren Butcher

I got it since it felt like they met my needs. So far the equipment seems to be good quality. I haven't had any problems with them. Anytime any issue comes up, I can just talk to them and they're always available to fix anything.