Best Company Guarantee Frontpoint Logo

Frontpoint

7.4

Thierry Y. Baltimore, MD

If I could give them a zero, I would have. I’ve spent hours on hold on the phone trying to terminate my out of contract subscription. When I wasn’t able to get to someone. It’s only after I put a stop payment with my credit card co to stop their autopay that Frontpoint contacted me about their payment. I refused to pay and asked them to cancel my account. They put me on hold both times and after 20 mins nobody had picked up. I called them and asked to talk to a supervisor, they were never put on the phone, instead I was told to provide them with proof that I had tried to contact them in November before they would cancel my account. I had to send them screenshots of my phone statements showing where I’d called them. I’ve done that and am waiting for them to confirm that the account is closed.

Christine B Smith River Falls, AL

If one piece of equipment doesn't work tree system won't work even if you try to remove say "glass break". I asked to remove it and the company didn't remove it. The system won't work if one item isn't working. My smoke detectors work but no one calls to verify my house isn't in fire like they did in the past. They say they will remove the item from the system but it also didn't get done the second time. Although I removed a noon working detector because it needed a special battery, I could not harm the system because they never removed the glass break. Now nothing works. They went from great service and system to what I have now.

Frontpoint Logo

Reply from Frontpoint

Christine, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Oct. 26th, 2021

Brian Boudreau Odenton, MD

In general, we have had an excellent experience with FrontPoint. When it was time to change to new equipment, though, it was not intuitive and I need customer service to walk me through the new installation.

Dickronouhi Nichols Chicago, IL

They've been very responsive to every alarm However the monthly fee is way too much and I'm actually looking to upgrade to Ring which I already have for a doorbell. I also want to replace my cameras which are old.

Eric Franklin Lakes, NJ

Easy installation, I like the do it yourself aspect and it has the best value. It is light weight and easy to hide. They are consistent with their responses.

Rachelle Moorpark, CA

The best part was the ease of installation, but it took a long time on the phone to get things set up after we had to make some changes. The price seems to be appropriate.

Rose Marie Wilburton, PA

So far, everything that I've called them about has been responded to quickly. We like that it's user friendly and easy to use and add accessories. Totally satisfied.

Thirunavukkarasu Murugesan Centreville, VA

It has been a great system so far. The area they can improve is to offer the equipment and accessories pricing the same of new and current customers. Currently It's cheaper for new customers and pricier for current customers to add monitoring devices.

Tatiana Vrsalovic Oxnard, CA

When my home alarm went off and I was not home they where very nice and quick to solve my problem by calling the police for me and helping me with all the stressful situation

Anonymous Wyncote, PA

The best thing is the app. The other features leave a little bit to be desired. Some of the door chimes don’t work efficiently. Front Point should start thinking critically about how to compete on price because a lot of new technologies are emerging that are more cost efficient.

Darla Lafayette, CA

Looks nice and works. If there is an alarm or anything, they are right on top of it. Issues get resolved. There are some systems that are less expensive but this one is pretty good.

Anonymous New Hope, PA

Everything works as it should. If there is a break they are there anytime. It nice knowing it I secure and that you are being monitored. For the fire detectors they need something other than the sticky stuff for the long term basis.

Gregory Louisville, KY

Your house is safe with front point and that gives you peace of mind anytime you are away or at home. If intruders come, you are going to be protected. It more than serves my purposes for keeping my home secure.

Isaiah Linden, NJ

This is the best thing for me. It is easy to use and I like the mobile app as well as the convenience of tracking my door look. Everything works as advertised. Immediately when an alarm goes off, it is responsive. It also was convenient to set up my self.

Martha Miami, FL

They need to hire more individuals and technicians. Recently it has been difficult to get someone on the phone. Once you do get a person, they are very nice and helpful but the wait time is awful. I like that it is not expensive but it is not sophisticated. It is fine for the purpose but not great.

Patric Florissant, MO

As a system IT professional, I cant follow some of their docs sometimes so they could use better documentation. It was easy to install. The sensors are great and the thermostats are good but the cameras are a little bit iffy.

Anna Winchester, VA

When the alarm goes off, Front Point calls immediately to see if there is a problem. When we have problems, they are more than willing to help us. The equipment is up to date and does the job.

Anonymous Berryville, AR

They don’t run many promotions for their existing customers to upgrade their equipment and that would be nice but they are the only ones that have good enough cell coverage for my area and overall it is pretty decent. I like that it is do it yourself and you can pick and choose from several options what fits you best.

Robert Bessemer, AL

For the most part the equipment seems to be working fine. I have had some issues, mostly with it going off when we are not at home, but mostly it works fine. Frontpoint is very responsive and call the check in and send someone if there is no response. The app is good. The price is competitive compared to other companies.

Anonymous Vienna, VA

I feel safe because the equipment works correctly when it is alarmed. I know I can stay away from home and it will be safe at night. Customer service has always been helpful too.

John Athens, OH

They offer a wide range of products. I have so many different sensors all integrated in one spot. They hold up so well. They have been very responsive. I always can get the answered I need, customer service is very helpful.

Ann Crowder Petaluma, CA

While no one wants to experience a home invasion, Frontpoint was there for me when my home was recently broken into. I've had excellent customer service when needed and the ease of operating my system from an app is so helpful. I've never had a false alarm with Frontpoint's system--a great improvement over a prior security company.

John North Haven, CT

My Frontpoint experience was great for the first few years. Fortunately we haven't had to utilize them for any true security issues but when we've had a few false alarms, they were very responsive. My two biggest issues are 1) the options available to you once you are out of contract. For example, the battery on my control panel swelled to the point where it was pushing out the battery door and no longer working. Thankfully I noticed before it exploded or overheated. But when I tried to work with Frontpoint to get a replacement battery, my options were either to try and buy one privately somewhere or upgrade to a new panel that no longer includes a touchscreen. neither option was ideal, so i've just continued using the unit without the backup battery. The other issue is the price. Frontpoint continues to be priced much higher than a lot of the newer competitors, who are essentially offering the same service for half the price (or less in some circumstances). Frontpoint should absolutely consider making their pricing more competitive or I would anticipate them being driven out of the market.

Lashone Grand Rapids, MI

The product is easy to use. They have the best price for a new home. Customer service is really diligent and efficient. If they are not able to fix things right then and there, they call back to solve the issue. I appreciate that they work really hard.

Erle Traverse City, MI

I’m happy with front point. They have been there for me. It was pretty seamless transferring the service from the previous owner to me. When the alarm went off, they called in less than a minute. It is easy to use and it blends in.

Peter San Francisco, CA

The best part is the ease of use with the app. Their customer service has always answered all my questions. Sometimes the battery on the on the command center unit or whatever it's called the control panel or the control panel don't last that long or there's a failure so that's something that they should working to. Also, some of our sensors don't always work.

Jonathan San Diego, CA

Frontpoint's system is wireless so it's easy to install. I like the cost and flexibility. It's decent stuff but it's it's kind of cheap and we've had a few a few bugs with the control unit. But, customer service has been responsive and they've worked to correct issues when we've had them.

Danny Toano, VA

When I need to call customer service, they connect me with an actual person easily. I like feeling safe when going out of town having this system. One thing I wish they would improve is adding on free things to loyal customers. I've been with them for several years and wish they'd offer new free things to existing customers.

Phyllis Surprise, AZ

I went with Frontpoint because they offered a great product and service. Sometimes my system gets disconnected and a tech works with me to fix it. The service was excellent in rectifying the problem. Everything in the system works and on the rare occasion that something goes out they replace it at no cost to me.

Trien Houston, TX

I went with Frontpoint to be my business' security system because they have a lower monthly payment than other companies. They are usually very attentive when I call and they answer my questions with no issues. We had some initial issues with the sticky stuff they provided to mount our base, but we were able to figure it out with them. I really like the app they have to monitor and use the system. I wish they had a better system for billing invoices to businesses.

Anonymous Hubert, NC

You install this system yourself which is why we went with them. The security system has done everything we've wanted it to do. I get a lot of emails from them, but I wish they would call me with new things they are offering rather than just emailing it.

Robert

My friends referred me to Frontpoint and I'm glad they did because they are very quick, concise, and helpful. We've had quite a few sensors stop working unfortunately, but I like that I can use my cell phone to monitor the system.

Charleen Waynesville, NC

This company calls you promptly and give you a person to call if you need help with something. I've had their sensors in my house for about five years and I've never had them fail. The system is reliable and easy to install.

Mary New Braunfels, TX

After I was told I'd get a return call from customer support, I waited over a week and a half to hear back from someone. I've only had problems with one sensor, because all the other ones have worked great. They are good at calling back when an alarm is triggered.

Deirdre Indianapolis, IN

Whenever I've needed to call this company about fixing or replacing something, they send something out to fix it. When an alarm goes off, they're good at calling me back. Their security system is durable and holds up for a long time. It's easy to use and the keypad can be handheld if you don't want to mount it somewhere on your wall.

Rodney Bellevue, NE

Customer support is easy to get a hold of and the system was easy to install. In fact, I was able to install it myself. Their app is user friendly. The only complaint I have is there is an annual fee I wasn't aware of, and then I had to pay a late fee on top of the annual fee.

Bob Daffara San Diego, CA

We have had Frontpoint for 4 years and they do all of the things you would expect from a security firm, monitor the home when the alarm is set and give you a quick call if the alarm is activated.But, the do more when we changed internet providers one of there associates walked me thru resetting my cameras. This was no small feat, I worked on it for several hours before I gave up and called Customer Service. With in 10 minutes both my cameras were back up.

Giulio Veglio Longwood, FL

They provide not only a great product , they also respond quickly to all alarms, The only suggestion is that they have a stronger adhesive in humid climates other than that they provide one of the best service compared to other companies I have worked with and the pricing is fair

Douglas greenwood

The service is excellent every time we had a concern or question or needed advice on how to adjust something they were there always there people are knowledgable and eager to help I think their training in house must be excellent

Miguel Espinoza

Was intially a bit difficult to initially install sensors because of type of windows home has, however robust technical customer service to help with technical issues. Once tech issue was resolved, installation was easier. Suggestion is to provide a digital table display instead of key pad.

Barry

Frontpoint has a great reputation, although their customer service is sometimes hard to get a hold of. I've had challenges with some of their motion sensors. I think some of their other equipment can be improved and that their price should be reduced.

Mark

It was a very easy system to set up ourselves. They were friendly and informative. They helped with any questions I had. We had no issues and the system works pretty well for us. Their system is reliable, and their customer support is easy to access.

Jerome

Their customer service people skills are really good. They are knowledgeable in what they're doing and what they're dealing with. The only thing I don't like about their equipment is that they don't have the software to adequately keep the equipment up to date. My only suggestion is that they update their system and cameras to be in a much better position.

Ric

I like that I don't have to wait two weeks for someone to come in. I can give a call and get someone to talk to and communicate with me in customer service. There have been a few growing pains as they've been growing, but I'm sure they'll be able to keep up the big work.

Mitchell

The setup was easy because it uses the Verizon cell network, which is the company I have coverage with. The system has communication with the base station. Their customer service helps me everytime I call in. I love the piece of mind it gives me, but I wish they'd lower the monthly fee.

Easy system. I’ve had them for years and only had to replace one thing. They are doing a great job. They are dependable. My alarm has gone off multiple times and they call immediately to make sure everything is okay. Wouldn’t use anybody else.

Never had any malfunctions. It seems to be working properly. High quality. Peace of mind. They’re doing a great job. Any time we need help from them, they are efficient and friendly and get to the heart of the matter quickly.

Matt

The best thing about using frontpoint is that you can use your phone to control it from anywhere. It is very customizable with what sensors you want on. They have good customer service anytime that I call. They have always been helpful with any questions and made sure we got what we needed.

Stacey

The best thing is the ease of access. A suggestion would be to improve the door contacts and or the display system. The price for the products they offer and that I could install it myself and not wait to schedule it, is why is choose them.

Heidi

The cost and ease of installation is why I chose them. It is not connected to a hard wire. We don’t have to pay the perpetual monthly maintenance like we did with our last system. Customer service is pretty decent. I think it is a decent company though there a couple of things with the compatibility that would stop me from rating it the highest. I wouldn’t mind if they reached out periodically to tell me about possible new tools or features.