Best Company Guarantee Frontpoint Logo

Frontpoint

7.4

Debra Olathe, KS

The gentleman was very informative and very customer focused. He gave me a lot of comparison information with other companies. He gave me background history of Front Point and was very friendly in general. The customer service is always responsive of what time you call. Everything has been good except we did have a box from the ceiling that had to be replaced.

Anonymous Markesan, WI

Some of the sensors, especially the garage door sensors, I wish they had a longer range. I wish no matter what you are ordering, you could get a complete guide in writing that tells you everything you need to know. IT seems like every time I have a question about something, I end up all over the place. It takes me forever to find an answer to my question.

Valerie

Anytime I've had any issues, they've been pretty good about responding and being helpful. Everything is good as far as the equipment and being able to set it up and utilize it pretty easily. The only thing I would say is that it tends to be harder to use on older houses with bigger door frames and I think their control panel could use some updating. The doorbell camera is very easy to use and we like it a lot and how it integrates.

Nelcine M Miami, OK

Customer service was exceptional and they follow through with everything that they did at the very outset. The technichians were certainly knowledgeable and could easily break it down for me to understand what they were saying. I got one tech that used a lot of jargon that I needed help understanding. I still don't have the video cams working and I was never able to establish a bluetooth connection with the base. So we still don't have a video monitoring working even though we are paying for it. I'm still getting "needs attention" on a couple of the devices and then you don't know what's wrong and then you have to call FrontPoint to figure out how to fix it. They're really good with sending batteries when you need them or following through with the questions I've had. I'm considering putting a system on my own house. I wouldn't need the video monitoring, but I'm considering getting it.

Harsh Santa Clara, CA

They were very good in explaining how it would go with setting up the entire system and all the components, the pricing, and what is included. The process seemed very transparent. It was very very easy for me to set it up all by myself. The instructions are very clear and the packaging was very convenient to open up. Frustration free and I was able to set up all of it within a matter of an hour or so.

Kalub Stutts Houston, TX

I have liked the service overall, the customer service is great as well as the calls for when alarms go off. I do have a few minor issues, sometimes the alarm setting seems a little off, there have been several occasions where the alarm has gone off immediately on entering my home even without no entry delay being set (without me double clicking the arm button and not hearing the audio cue). Secondly the call center doesn't seem to know which of my alarms is going off by the names I put in the app calling them key chain alarm or something. Lastly it would be nice to be able to switch the volume of the alarm from the app instead of having to go online.

Michelle Martinez Stockton, CA

My experience has been very pleasant, I like their rapid ness when my arlarm is triggered even when it's a false alarm. I like how friendly the representative are when you receive a call from them and their level of experience when you ask a question. I would like to see in the future a panel with better functionality like being able to see camera or doorbell footage.

anonymous Fairfield, CA

There were issues with some of the sensors and I don't know if it's a procedural thing to, to diagnose the system but instead of just fixing the problem by upgrading and one of the sensors which had a long range between the door and the control panel, they wanted to try and diagnose and trying to fix the issue by resetting the system instead of just replacing the sensor. It was easy to install.

David Bellmore, NY

We chose Frontpoint because I like the ability to be able to monitor from my phone and it just seemed like the whole user experience in the feedback that was provided by other users was what was overwhelmingly positive. Anytime my alarm has gone off by the smoke detector or the motion sensor door tripping, they called me within thirty seconds. I've had a very good experience with them so far and I would definitely recommend them

Justin Bothell, WA

It was easy to install, and it's connected directly to the security system. It's got its own WIFI card or cellular card, so you can connect right to the police or medics or whatever. The website has a lot of features that the app doesn't, I think they need to add those to the app. I can send them a work ticket and they respond within a few minutes.

Pamela Chicago, IL

I like the actual security device and that it is wireless. The first time I Called they answered within 2 seconds and were very understanding. They knew exactly why I was calling, the service was very fast, and I had just gotten robbed, so it was good. I called about a broken part and they took care of it right away, they wanted to charge me for shipping on a broken product, but it was still very good.

Don

My experience with other security companies had a problem with the customer service. Any time I ask Frontpoint for anything they've been immediately available and have resolved the situation. The equipment seems large, and there's nothing remarkable about it, but it is reliable. The pricing seems fairly decent, but the customer service is what I am extremely happy with.

Nanya Milledgeville, GA

They respond very quickly and keeps the intruders from coming in. I was notified immediately. The set-up instructions were very easy to use, I didn't have any trouble setting it up. The price is reasonable, the equipment is definitely very reasonable. Frontpoint has definitely shown that they are one of the top providers in home security systems.

Krishnan Balasubramanian Alpharetta, GA

I have been using Frontpoint for the last seven years. It's a good service, and I'm overall happy with them. They provide you a good customer experience, and they help to solve the issues you have with your security system. I haven't had many issues, but when I have had problems I can call them and they help me a lot - overall it's a great experience for me. I wish they had more home automation along with the security home automation.

Christian Hernandez Duluth, GA

I felt comfortable when first signing up with Frontpoint. They were the top rated company. I've had a couple false alarms due to guests and them forgetting about my alarm system. The customer service is very understanding and the reaction time when you have an alarm go off is pretty good in my opinion. Their system seems a little overpriced for what they're offering, but it works great.

Cecilia Camacho

Every time I called, whether it be a simple question or a more complicated one, they walked me through it all to get it working again. The equipment is very easy to navigate, we have the basic package and are looking to upgrade. We noted you can check on our home anytime when we just log into the app. I do believe their prices are a little higher.

There were many other similar companies, but Frontpoint had just incredible customer service reviews, which was really important to me. That's why I went for it. I'm happy with it. Whenever I had a questions or if an issue came up, there was always someone there to answer or to walk me through the process of solving it. One thing I would like would be to have more than 1 email address attached to the app on the phone. Right now we have one address that all family members have to use, so I never really know who's coming in and out of the house. Everyone just shows up under my name. It's also more expensive than other similar options out there.

Joy Daher Renton, WA

The people from Frontpoint that we talked to while shopping around were very helpful. They gave us lots of information about the system and offered a lot of discounts for all the little extras that no other company offered. They were also full of information when we were picking the different devices for our house. Everything was easy to install and it's all working properly. It really saved us a lot of money and it's exactly what we needed.

A.A.

Every customer support interaction I've had with them has been fantastic. The system does exactly what it says it does and I like how it is compatible with other equipment. It lets me customize my security system to suit my needs. If I need a door sensor that can withstand -20 degrees, then I can buy that and integrate it to my system. I already got a second system for another location.

Alex Booth

I went with it because I didn't have to wait for someone to come out and install things for me. Everything came in packaged as I wanted it and I could always have as many pieces as I wanted. If I don't like something, I don't have to use it. I'm not making any monthly payments for the equipment either, I just pay for the service monthly. Everything was easy to set up. If I had any issues, I could just call them and I would have someone on the phone with me within 30 seconds or so.

I chose them because I liked the information that the salesman gave me. Communicating with them is always easy and I can always talk to someone. They are very thorough in the information they give me too. I've had no problems with the equipment. Everything is easy to assemble. The cost of the equipment is reasonable, especially since they give you a guarantee for the product. I'm happy I chose them.

Marion Mcclain Durham, NC

After doing research I found out that they were the number one security system so I went for it. When I called to inquire about it, they were very thorough and very helpful. They walked me through each step to get it and I'm very confident that I will be ok with it. The person that helped me even gave me his phone number in case I need to reach him directly. I'm sure I can install it myself and get everything up and running. If I have a problem, I know I can just call customer service, they're great.

Justin Opotzner Ballston Lake, NY

We picked it because of the internet ratings and because the salesman was very good. They've been very responsive and have resolved any issues that come up very quickly. The only thing is that I didn't quite like that the equipment just came pre-packaged to install with those foam stickers. I would have preferred to have the option to do the installation using screws or drywall mounts.

Anonymous Columbus, IN

I went with them because of the value they offered and because the system was easy to install. Overall my experience with them has been great. The tech support people that I have worked with were very helpful and knowledgeable. Thing is, I thought I was going to get a flat screen display for the control panel. Instead I got this thing that is very large and old looking.

Suhas Chandrasekhar Milpitas, CA

When I call I can always get to a person and talk to them. They're also good about calling back whenever that's needed, especially if someone comes into the house without turning off the alarm. The equipment does exactly what it's supposed to do. The only thing is that it's always difficult to have everything set up perfectly on windows. Overall they are really good, only a little too expensive.

Sonya Parker Palmdale, CA

I went with them since it's easy to get on my phone to check on things when I commute. Every time I've called them they have been there to help me. They were very helpful when it came to setting up my camera and some other parts of the equipment. Some of the people there know more than others though. The equipment itself is kind of average. I mean, even though they have that snatch and grab system or whatever for damage control, some of their sensors don't work correctly. Still, they do a good job at responding quickly and sending out any parts you might need though. It just requires a little more equipment but it's very expensive.

Anonymous Nokomis, FL

I was going to go with another company that was less expensive and had a month to month payment system, but I found out that they were having some security issues. After that I didn't want to go to ADT because I had heard they were just too big and weren't as good as they used to be. In the end it all came down to Frontpoint. They've pretty much been there every time I've called. I haven't had to wait and they walked me through the process of setting the system up. They're really good. I assume the equipment is as good and sophisticated as any other company I looked at before. It has this system where, if the power goes out, everything will keep working with the backup batteries.

Mary Busseau Peyton, CO

They were more cost effective for us than ADT. We didn't need as much equipment in order to cover the square footage of our home as we would've needed with ADT. Since it was all self-installation too, we went with it. We've had it since November and everything seems to work well. It was incredibly easy to set up everything and any additional pieces are very inexpensive. They're very reliable.

Daniel Denton, TX

I went with them because of the cost. The packaging that the system was delivered in is the best I've ever seen. The steps to set up the system were so clearly marked that I got one of my ten year olds to do it. I've had maybe two issues in the time I've had it. One was with the set up and the other one was with the ongoing maintenance of the system. Both times customer support was incredibly helpful though. They got it resolved on the first call. I think the motion detectors aren't very good though. You can just walk through the room and they won't go off. I'm a little disappointed about that, but the door parts are good.

Thaddeus Anderson

I like that I could do the set up of the system on my own, I didn't have to wait for someone else to come out and do it for me. Doing that was pretty self explanatory. The service is always professional when I call or when my alarms go off. They always call me right away. I also like that they give me notifications when something happens with the systems in my home.

It's working pretty well for me. I appreciate the service that they give me. Customer service explains everything in detail and stay on the phone with me to make sure that everything gets done properly. I have some problems with with the equipment sometimes. The alarm will be triggered continuously and we have to call them back every time to reset it. It's a big issue for me. Overall they're a very good company though, they're very reliable and reasonable.

Robert Brandom

I have it because my brother used it too and was very satisfied with their performance. For us specifically, the most important thing was the cellular connection that the unit used. The system is for a farmhouse that is pretty far out from the city, so we were concerned about the system working well out there. So far we've had no issues and things have worked well for us. They answered all of our questions promptly and addressed any issues we had in a very professional way.

John Fuquay

First and foremost what I liked about it was that I wasn't locked into a contract with it, it was very convenient. The equipment is just outstanding and not very expensive. It's all very easy to install and activate. It utilizes technology that is up to date and includes sensors, battery power, smoke detectors, and the control board that you just plug into the outlet. I've had no technical issues, it's very convenient and accurate. I like the security that it provides.

Kari Rivers

The price was what convinced me of getting it. The system is good, but I've had a little issue with the equipment. After we installed it, a piece of the equipment kept falling off the wall and we had to sent it back to be replaced. The customer service was good and helpful when I called about that. They got us the replacement part really easily and without asking too many questions, I appreciated that. I just wish that the equipment was built a little bit better.

Ernest Miller

We had Frontpoint for quite a while before we relocated. Since we thought it was a great service and we didn't have any problems in the past, we decided to use them again. We've also had other companies before and Frontpoint is basically the superior one. The service is easy to set up on your own, so I didn't have to make an appointment or wait for a technician to come out and do it. They are very responsive whenever we call. There's always someone there and they're all very knowledgeable about their product. We've never had an issue with it and overall it's very efficient.

We had had some security treats in our house so I did a quick internet search and they were one of the top services that came up. After some more research I decided that they would be the best company for our needs. When I called in, I explained the situation to the rep that responded. Not only did he help us get the security that we needed for our house but he also expedited the process so we had everything by the following day. That was really awesome. The equipment was all very simple to install and I'm very happy with it.

Mildred Koch

I live in a residential area where it's very seasonal, so during the winter there's not a lot of people around. Since my husband died in November, I wanted to have something for when I'm alone. My son helped me set it up and, whatever problem came up while he did that, they handled it perfectly. After that we've had absolutely no problems with the equipment, it's all very easy to handle. I like it a lot.

Melissa Huemmer

The equipment is fairly inexpensive compared to other companies. It has this smash and grab feature where, if something happens to the actual system and it breaks or something, it will still notify someone of the break in. Their customer support is really good, it seems to be better than most companies' customer support. They are really responsive and try and make sure that you have a good experience. If you ever have a problem, they try and work quickly to fix it. They're ready to just take your calls and fix things. They work with you and are very polite and nice about it. It works great.

Mike Rose

Customer service is very courteous and professional. They have been very patient with my questions and have answered every one of them precisely and completely. We haven't really had to use the system to its full potential, but I'm pretty pleased with the equipment and the customer service. It's working fine. With it installed, I feel safer in my home, I just trust that they will respond if I ever need them to.

Sandra

My initial contact with the person that sold this to me was very good. He was very thorough, helpful, and knowledgeable. I felt really comfortable with what we spoke about, so I just decided to go with it. Since I got it though I've found that there are other services that are cheaper. The one problem I have is with the buzzer or noise that comes on when anything happens. If the door opens or a sensor goes off, the sound will come on and upset my dog. She goes crazy whenever she hears it so we've had to shut off everything that makes that noise. That's very unfortunate, I wish they had a different alarm that wasn't so offensive to my dog's ears.

Kim Randall

I read about different security systems and they had all the features that I was looking for. When I called customer service to sign up they were really good too. They have been very responsive and helpful so far. They've always been able to help me solve any problem that comes up. The equipment has held up pretty well since I purchased it. There was one thing that needed to be replaced, but they sent me the replacement in a box and I was able to just send back the other one.

Roland Strabler

We've only had the system for 3 months so far but I'm very happy with it. Our monthly fee hasn't been too expensive. The system is independent from any power source or cable, it just works without being wired to anything. It was very easy to install it and set everything up. Their reaction time is pretty fast. Whenever something comes up, like the storm that we had, they try to contact us immediately through emails, calls, and texts. We were worried at first because we didn't know what was going on.

Ronelfy Perez

They have been really good about helping me with anything that I need, including setting things up and a couple of technical issues that came up. That was a little confusing, but they were really good about helping me. They're very patient, supportive, and responsive, but sometimes it's hard to get a hold of them. It depends on the time of the day really. It makes me question how responsive they will actually be in a real emergency.

Celene Rivera

I did a lot of research online before I purchased a home security system and they were pretty much the best service. The machine works in a way that, even if someone breaks in and tampers or damages it, it will still send out an alert and notify someone. If an alarm goes off, they're always quick to call and make sure that everything is ok. We always know right away if something happens in the house, where it happened, and why. The only thing is that, whenever we do need to call for the police, they take a while to get out here. I don't know if that has to do with Frontpoint or with the police department itself, but it'd be better if they were faster. There have been several instances where we need to cancel our service because of external reasons. They never give us a problem or make us pay in advance whenever we have to terminate our contract, even if we're in the middle of it. We've done that 3 times already actually. Whenever we get back to a point where we can get home security again, we always choose Frontpoint.

Angela Upshaw

I had a break in right before getting Frontpoint and the person that I talked to expedited things and got me the equipment overnight, all free of charge. They let me have it all on a trial basis for, I believe, 30 or 60 days. After that I ended up having to move to a new apartment and had to cancel the service and send things back. Once I was relocated I decided to come back and get the service again since they had been so kind and understanding. They were just very reasonable and didn't give me any hassles when I signed up or when I needed to cancel. It all works great. The set up was easy to do and it has all been very reasonably priced. The only problem I've had is that the adhesive on one of the pieces is coming off of the thing. I do think they should add a security camera to their base packages, I had to get that one separately from a different company.

Perry

I'd like Frontpoint to check in with me once in a while for a 'security review' of my home. Am I getting the monitoring I want/need. Sometimes I feel as if I have the hardware, but that I'm not being monitored. A call to check in once in a while would be nice. Also, I've called several times because I want an 'outside siren'. Frontpoint needs to broaden their alarm device inventory to include things like outside sirens (which local law enforcement tell me is the 'only' thing that frightens away intruders). Also, I'd like outdoor cameras, but the monitoring price becomes prohibitive. I think Frontpoint is priced high for the value, and, at the end of contract may consider other monitoring companies.

Steven Idaho Falls, ID

I chose Frontpoint because it was rated number one, and the system was tamper proof as well. Installing it was a piece of cake, and overall, the system is very easy to operate. Besides having to reset the system, I haven't had to call them, but they've been offered a positive experience. The only thing they should work on is the app. The username and password disappears frequently, and I have to reset it. It'd be a lot better if I could just save it there without having to change it all the time.

Anonymous Greencastle, IN

Their customer support has always been great. We haven't had much interactions but they were great about setting up and answering a few questions I had. Plus, the equipment appears to be great! All of the materials they sent were clearly marked, the instructions were clear, and we didn't have trouble syncing the sensors. They've just been extremely nice every time we call them. I would definitely recommend them!

David Velma, OK

I'm pretty technical savvy, so it wasn't hard to set up. I do like the fact that they notify me when something is not working. I have 2 houses that are covered under two different accounts with Frontpoint, and they let me know when the power is out at one house, and when a door is left open at the other, so that's good. Plus, they have good reviews online, so it's been a great experience so far.

Rion Houston, TX

I've actually been happy with them. They were the first option to pop up when I was looking for another security company. I had no problem whatsoever with the installation process; it was very easy. Everything about the system works like it's supposed to, so it's been quite acceptable. On top of that, their customer support was easy to deal with. Overall, it's been very easy to work with Frontpoint.