Frontpoint

7.6

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

Mark R

Customer service is top notch. Equipment is great and easy to use.

Service especially being patient and helping in setting up equipment.

Shawn Mcmasters Washington, PA

The system works great. Customer service is always responsive too.

Robin Princeton, NC

Ease, systems set up/use, customer service and so far it seems to be reliable.

chphilly Philadelphia, PA

Easy installation, great customer service, one year contract options

Linda West Whitewater, WI

Customer service is amazing and it was very easy to install and use.

Matthew M. Corryton, TN

Great service and friendly employees. Equity meant is good and easy to install

single senior citizen NJ

This company was rated number 1 and they took tons of time helping me understand the instructions

Corrie Raleigh, NC

Support has been fantastic and response time to alarms has been prompt.

Dan R Martinsburg, WV

Great customer service and easy self setup. Not the cheapest company but average prices.

Chad Strum

Everything has been great. The equipment is very easy to use and the installation was simple too.

Carmen Varin

It's easy to install. Whenever we call we can talk to a real person.

Nicole Oak Harbor, WA

I like the monthly rate staying the same but am unhappy that I have to commit to 3 years. My sensors keep going off when I set the alarm so I cannot even use the system.

Roger Louisville, KY

Excellent service, quick callback after an alarm. Very understanding

Teresa Casey

The system was easy to set up. Love having the app to set and disarm the alarm.

Al from Colo Candler, NC

Works well and is easy to use and to control both at home and with my cell phone

Rob Pritchard Sr. Parkton, MD

Very knowledgeable employees when I can to ask a question.. Friendly, and never rush me.

Ralph Watson

It was a good decision of mine. I installed it with no problem and it took not much time. It would be better to have cameras with higher resolution but in general it's ok.

Kimi Lancaster, WI

This company is terrible. Had them 6 years and watched the service decline to the point of nonexistent try calling them and it is a 2 hour wait to talk to someone. Had an alarm go off in our home and they called us and got disconnected and they never called back, luckily it was a false or we could be dead. Watch there cancellation policy when you sell your home they push transferring on you and then don't tell you out right you will pay for it until the new owner transfers the service...they got a few months out of us on that fine print and would not even budget. STAY AWAY!

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Kimi, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Brian San Diego, CA

Lots of expensive equipment failures after warranty. First, and most expensive, my touchpad battery expanded and I had to get it replaced. Since it was after warranty, to get one at "no cost", I had to extend my contract for 2 years. Then, 2 water sensors failed, I replaced one and then decided not to replace the other. Finally, with one of my orders, I paid for a new yard sign, It was not delivered with my other products. It took me 3 calls to get them to send me one. It was like they did not believe me that a $3 sign was not delivered to me. Once my contract is up, I'm outta here.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Brian, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Apr. 27th, 2021

Kadie Jonesboro, AR

I called up frontpoint for a quote. *Just* a quote following the suspected poisoning of my parrot. They called back, gave me the quote, then said "You don't want this to happen again, do you?" This was less that two hours after I watched my baby seize to death. So I agreed to buy from them. Once I entered my right mind, I tried to cancel. They put it off, promised me an extra week to decide. I called again a week later and I'm locked in for the next year. It is $400 to get out of a contract i was coerced into.

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Kadie, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Oct. 21st, 2020

Beth F Scottsdale, AZ

The first month or so everything was fine. Shortly there after the problems started. Last night was the final straw. Three times now in the middle of the night, the alarm goes off. It is terrifying being woken up to a blaring alarm. All three times, due to some type “ connection failure”. We also get notices all the time that something is offline. Each time our alarm goes off, it takes longer then it should to get a call from the monitoring people to see if everything is ok. I would not recommend this company or their product.

Matt

The monthly is way too expensive compared to their competition and don't even think about getting the doorbell, IT SUCKS! UPDATE: They replies below asking for the name on my account to “make things right” and I replied back to the the next day with my name and have not heard a response in over a week. This was just a tactic to let others viewing this review think that they care when really they don’t follow through.

Reply from Frontpoint

Matt, we would like the opportunity to look into your account and investigate that Doorbell Camera so we can make this situation right. At your earliest convenience, could you please private message us with the name on your account?

Feb. 21st, 2019

Valarie Grissom Albuquerque, NM

I needed a security system and looked on line to see who was rated at the top. Front point is rated #2, I got all the equipment and it's very generic. The box that let's you know what door is opening is very loud. I tried to change it to a chime and couldn't do it. I had to call customer service to give them do it. It was still very irritating, I wasn't impressed at all with them. I called a week later to cancel my services and it took them over a month to refund my money. Also when I was trying to arm the alarm on my phone it took forever to do it. I don't recommend this company at all.

Reply from Frontpoint

Valarie, we apologize for the negative experience you had with Frontpoint and appreciate you sharing this feedback with us. We wish you the best of luck with all of your security needs moving forward and ask that you please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Jan. 15th, 2019

Aram Richard Atlanta, GA

I had their services at multiple locations. Frontpoint uses the contract business model as a way of avoiding all responsibility for customer service. They operate as a standard alarm company under the guise of a diy and open source, "new" kind of company. Their equipment is locked, if you move and need adjustments of any kind they charge you money, they hide behind their contract to not help you with any needs you may have as a homeowner. Officious, not helpful, not worth the money. May as well go with actual diy and pay someone for monitoring.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for your feedback. We are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to address your concerns in detail and make sure you are taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Aug. 9th, 2018

Gregory A. Gick Houston, TX

The worst company I have ever been with. They do not honor the Disabled. They do not help Veterans. They do not help those who have spent prolonged time in the hospital. My wife and I have multible disable disabilities. And my mother is in Hospice and they will not even try to help since I've had to have windows installed in my house for my health due to Agent Orange.

Reply from Frontpoint

We sincerely apologize for any negative experience you feel you have had with us, as that is never our goal here at Frontpoint. We would like the opportunity to look into this and make the situation right for you and your family. At your earliest convenience, please private message us with the name and address on your account. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon!

May. 22nd, 2018

Denise Apollo Beach, FL

Extreme pressure to sign a contract without adequate time to read through it or discuss it with my husband. Bad gut feeling, then found out the equipment is refurbished and not reliable. I left another company due to 2 false alarms, costing me $50.

Reply from Frontpoint

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Rest assured, one of our Support Supervisors will be reaching out to address your concerns in detail and make sure you are entirely taken care of moving forward. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Mar. 26th, 2018

[email protected] Richmond, VA

Excellent customer service & always very quick call back when it is set off. Have had some problems but they are always fast to fix or correct them.

Ryan Moore Carrollton, TX

You guys are great. Everything is easy to setup and use. If i have a question, you all always answer the phone and are very helpful.

Colleen M Cleveland

This system is just too expensive and if you try to cancel, you are strong-armed into keeping it. Larry from customer service threatened to turn me over to a credit bureau if I do not pay. I have turned it on once since I have had it. I wish to return it and told that I am in a contract for another 10 months (even though I have had the system for 7 months). Not worth it, not worth it, not worth it.

Mark L

Customer Service rep. Victoria was a great help. She was knowledgeable, very friendly and a pleasure to do business with.

Hailey Nilson Salt Lake City, UT

Front Point has a fabulous wireless connection, you're able to use a full range of mobile apps, and the packages and plans are simple and easy-to-understand.

Jason Blacks Phoenix, AZ

Great customer service and quality alarm products.

Seth A Johnston Judsonia, AR

Good product, price point is a little high though.

Eric Simasiku East Hartford, CT

Price, Equipment, Smart Home Compatibility

Mat Ellis Battle Ground, WA

Fairly basic product. Works well. Wish I could chat online instead of by phone.

Ronald L. Williams Girard, OH

Do not favor the intro messaging and directing, personnel contact better

Tebbin salvesen Redding, CA

So far it is very hard to cancel service after being a customer for over 4 years

Reply from Frontpoint

Hey Tebbin, thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Frontpoint, we take our customer's complaints very seriously and would like to address yours as soon as possible. Would you mind submitting the full details of your situation, as well as the address associated with your Frontpoint account to [email protected]? We look forward to hearing from you and to resolving your circumstances.

Sep. 2nd, 2021

David Shulman Cockeysville, MD

Timely,professional,great troubleshooting,efficient

J Meyer Broomfield, CO

kind. prompt. reliable. reasonable. no complaints.

Noel Brown Truckee, CA

Ease of installation and follow up support.

Gregory Phillips Vienna, VA

Solid hardware and great customer service.

Aaron Palmer Tacoma, WA

Very responsive and helpful! Always knowledgeable

Gary Novak Venice, FL

Outstanding service and quality products

Dan T Palatine, IL

Great product. Great Customer Service. Great Tech Dept..

Adnan Haq Bellevue, WA

The monthly subscription charges are way too high compare to Ring or Simplysafe.

Brian Lynnwood, WA

I like the app on my phone and the ease of setting this up.

Joyce Kainec Chagrin Falls, OH

We upgraded our control box and hate the new design, hardly use it now.

John Messano Sioux Falls, SD

I cannot adjust some of the options like the motion detection.

Linda Lerch Reading, PA

It is easy to set up the products.Reasonably priced.