Fluent Security

6.5

LAST UPDATED: October 21st, 2021

Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

3.4

Hugh Clarke Saskatoon, SK

We've been pretty satisfied with the service received ever since we signed up. During a Low Battery fault code here, Dylan was beyond diligent to take me through each step of the process, incl the Battery replacement process. He was extremely thorough and informative. Great job!!

Beatrice Mohimi Airdrie, AB

I started off by giving Zia an ultimatum to come take your Security device as I was dissatisfied and disappointed with your service and I was going with another company. She calmed me down and step by step the issue was resolved. Great Customer Service!

Patricia Cordwell North Las Vegas, NV

I was having a problem with my alarm panel and called for help. Kaitlyn call me back and talked me through what I needed to do. As it turns out I need to replace the bad battery. She gave me step by step directions on how to remove it and sh’s ordered me a new one. She was very patient with me as I am not very good at electronics. She is very professional, polite and pleasant to talk to. I was very pleased with the call and the help she gave me! She is amazing!

Annie Jackson Fort Worth, TX

Technical support Dylan was a great help had been having problems with my kitchen door monitor he told me what to do so I wouldn’t have anymore problems

iamkayoko Mississauga, ON

I have fluent security system for my business ( restaurant) location. So convenient, easy to use there is app for your system to review footage or watch live 24/7quick and reliable. I love that I can get support if needed and customer service is A1 especially the last person who help me literally so professional went beyond my expectation. he needs a raise & bonus did everything he could remotely calm manner kept positive energy even through a 3 way call with one of my employees.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for the amazing review!!! Would love to know the agents name so we can pass on a Kudos!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Leo Pilon Spruce Grove, AB

Mandy P was great. First person to take the time to go through the system, find out what was wrong and actually fix it. Wish I could deal with her every time I call Fluent.

estelle ramsay Sherwood Park, AB

Having Flyent Security literally saved our home. we went out but left something cooking on the stove and of course quickly burnt and the smoke set off the alarm. the fire department was immediately dispatched, we were contacted, returned to find our home safe. so grateful and thankful for Fluent.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Estelle for the awesome review!! Love hearing how we have helped our customers!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!

Krystle Cardinal St. Paul, AB

Their customer service has always been great however we have frequent problems with our window security alarms (often says tampered with when no one touched them) and we have had frequent problems with our sky bell doorbell not recording or LED not lighting etc. It’s been replaced numerous times. Our backyard camera, even though you can set the sensitivity and settings of it, it always seems to record too much or things like wind blowing or doesn’t record at all. However technology is not perfect and most security systems/companies have their pros and cons. A pro for fluent is their customer service is always wonderful!!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Krystle, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being such a great customer!! Fluent

Floyd Knippshild

The system works well. The representative for our area is suppose to come around to check our to see if all is well. At this point has not happened a bit diappointing as I believe I have a couple of low batteries I did recieve a message from Fluent regarding it but to date no knock on the door. Hopefully soon as I and the rep agreed they would stop by when needed to ensure all is well

Sammie Graham Texarkana, AR

Brandon was the! best he solved a problem I’ve had for a month, he was professional and kind and patient

Mitch Rider Florence, KY

Tech came out and installed my doorbell camera,did a great job,very knowledgeable and very considerate

Doran Westlock, AB

Dylan was great, quick to help, easy to talk to and understand. It was not a fun ordeal going thru the website but at the end of the day my issues were solved

J Klassy Edmonton, AB

Had a great convo this morning with Dylan. Got the main bug fixed right away, and he helped navigate a wifi issue. Super happy with fluent and its people!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello J Klassy. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are thrilled to hear that you have had a great experience with Dylan. Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Sep. 29th, 2021

Steve Knotts Dallas, TX

The Tech that I just had was the first in over a year to help with our issues with the system and took the time to figure out the problem and get it fixed

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Steven Knotts. We appreciate the 5-star review! Thank you for choosing Fluent!

Sep. 29th, 2021

nyia harris Pittsburgh, PA

The customer representative I think her name was Mandy. She was Amazing! She went above and beyond to fix and connect my WiFi to Arlo cameras . Thanks for her extraordinary tech service support

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We will make sure Mandy gets Kudos. Thank you for being part of Fluent home. We appreciate your comment!

Denis Belanger Sainte-Adele, QC

Really excellent service from Mandy P today. My system needed a complete reconfiguration following a bad power outage earlier this week. Mandy was very good, patient and solved all my issues. 10 stars.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Denis for the amazing review!! I will make sure that Mandy knows you mentioned her and that if you could give a 10 star you would of!!!!!! Thank you for being part of Fluent!

Compliment_J Forney, TX

Fast, Amazing, Courteous customer service. My device was not connecting, called Fluent, spoke to Ms. J, and helped to until the end. Thank you Fluent for hiring great people!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you for the amazing review!!! Love hearing our staff helped!!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!

Senesta Collier Riverdale, GA

I've had a problem with my doorbell camera for a while. I call fluent, and we tried several things. I even tried the steps on my phone, but still had the same problem. Yesterday I call fluent again and got Mandp P. She help solve my problems with excellent customer service. If I have any problems in the future, I would request Mandy P.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Senesta for the amazing review! Love hearing how our staff have helped our valued customers!!! I will make sure Mandy knows you mentioned her!

Shaughnessa Allgood West Jordan, UT

The whole experience with support was great from the quick chat responses to being transferred to tier 2 support, everyone was happy and very helpful. I was great service I requested a email because I wanted to give praise for a truly positive experience.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Shaughnessa, We are so glad you had a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We really appreciate you! Fluent

Anne Dancy Colorado Springs, CO

Although I am frustrated with the Fluent Company, I am very impressed with your employee named Amanda. She dealt with my situation in a professional manner. She was courteous and patient. She always responded promptly to my emails. I appreciated her kind manner with a situation that could have become contentious. I hope her efforts can be acknowledged in some way.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Anne, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had a good experience. Thank you for being a great customer! Fluent

Connie & Chris Bzdel Regina, SK

Mandy P was very helpful and patient with me while she tried to resolve my problem when the smoke alarm went off. She did not get upset with me when I did not know what to do with the monitor. She walked me through every step and worked with me for almost an hour until the problem was resolved. It would be nice if more people were as patient and dedicated as she is. Good work Mandy P. Thanks a million!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Connie & Chris, We are so glad you had a great experience. We appreciate you leaving a positive review. Thanks for being a great customer! Fluent

Donald Toledo, OH

Everybody we’ve talked to in the company has been very nice and knows what they are talking about. We feel protected because we had someone break in before and had a different security system then. It works very well. We don’t have any problems.

Kathy Dayton, OH

The best part is knowing whether or not someone trying to get into my home. If some is, they are able to help me stop it. I accidentally set my alarm off yesterday and they were right on it. They called me right away. It is a pretty good deal.

Cynthia Cleveland, OH

The gentleman from Fluent that came here and gave us a demonstration and went through everything made us decide to go with them and we have been happy ever since. They call us every time the alarm goes off and we feel very secure.

Leon Aurora, CO

I like the fact everything is wireless. It is a lot easier. The response time is quick and accurate. I am a truck driver so I like that they are protected when I am not at home. They called the fire department when the smoke detector went off.

Kathryn

Immediate response to any alarm situation whether it is police or fire emergency. We burned some food and set off the alarm and immediately the got in contact to see if we needed help and reset alarm while we dealt with the burnt fish we were cooking. Early on in our partnership we needed police and Fluent immediately responded.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Kathryn, Thank you for the 5 star review!!! We love reading what our customers value and love about our services!! If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Frank Berry

Great reliable service. We were on holiday during a very cold winter and we received a temperature warning in our property, allowing us to have someone check. The furnace had stopped working and we would have had frozen pipes.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Frank, Thank you for the 5 star review!! We enjoy hearing what our services have done for our customers. If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Gaye Williams Grande Prairie, AB

Ashrita was very helpful! I had two issues and she corrected both. I appreciated her patience, persistence in solving a system difficulty and her pleasant customer service.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Gaye for the 5 star review!!! I will make sure Ashrita knows she was mentioned in the 5 star review!!!! Thank you for being part of Fluent!!!

Lisa Bagonluri Saskatoon, SK

Mandy was the first person I spoke to about my problem and she followed up the following day and carried out what needed to be done to address my concerns and went above and beyond to help me!! Thank you Mandy!

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Lisa for the awesome review!!! Love hearing that are staff are going above and beyond to help our customers!!! I will make sure Mandy knows you mentioned her! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!

Bill Winnipeg, MB

If it were possible to leave 10 stars, I would. Zia was knowledgeable, helpful, patient. But most of all she had personality plus and made the call a very pleasant experience.

Reply from Fluent Security

Thank you Bill for the amazing review! Love knowing our friendly staff made your experience awesome!! I will make sure Zia gets kudos! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Margaret Regina, SK

I have had very good service so far with people like Steven to help us when we have questions. I asked Steven if there was someone I could speak to about how happy I am with his service. He directed me to this survey👍🏻

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Margret thank you for the amazing review!! I will make sure Steven knows he was mentioned! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

Angela Lunsford Pittsburgh, PA

After a power outage my system didn't work..I live in a secluded area alone and I was very worried..I called and they got my system working right away.

Susan Stevens Spruce Grove, AB

I called and Mandy P helped me get my security cameras operational after they had been down for weeks. No other Fluent tech was able to help during numerous calls. Mandy P is very friendly and knowledgeable and if I could request here everytime I call, I definitely would. Thanks Mandy!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Susan, Thank you so much for your feedback! We are glad you had a good experience. Thank you for being a great customer! Fluent

Cathy Folsom, CA

Ashrita was amazing with assisting me. I was having a difficult time opening the sensor to replace the batteries. She sent me photos that were extremely helpful and with her positivity I successfully got the cover off! Anyone getting Ashrita as their rep will be lucky. Thank you for all your help.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Cathy, We are so glad you had a positive experience. Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a great customer! Fluent

Valentines Edmonton, AB

I had some trouble shooting difficulties and was on with a fluent representative by the name of Glendyra and she was amazing and very helpful. She was able to resolve all my issues.

Terry Akron, OH

Customer service has been really helpful with me. They have been very patient and secured the problem. I like the equipment except for the doorbell. I have had a lot of issues with them.

Mary Canton, OH

The alarm system works. I had some issues with the Arlo cameras and with the pandemic they would not send anyone out so it took me a week or two to try to figure out how to get them working again.

Christie Indianapolis, IN

We’ve had it for a long time so it is starting to show some tear but they have always been real good about fixing things. It is easy to use. I like the features in the service and they program they put together for me.

Jason Regina, SK

I like the fact that I can get all notifications on my phone.

Rachel Hayes

Dylan was a pleasure to deal with. Very polite and solved my issue within the day.

mary dracos Beaconsfield, QC

Mandy P was very helpful with my issue regarding my alarm panel. We went step by step in resolving the problem. Thanks to Mandy P, all is working well.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Mary, Thank you so much for your review, and thank you for being such a great customer! We really appreciate the feedback. Fluent

Matty Halifax, NS

This company works hard to ensure their customers are satisfied. Mandy P worked diligently with me to ensure my security camera was back up and running! Thank you Mandy!

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Matty, Thank you so much for writing us a positive review, and thanks for being a great customer! Fluent

Wendy Spruce Grove, AB

Mandy was terrific today while we installed the new radio module. A long session, but she had super patience and instructions as we worked through the situation.

Anonymous Powell, OH

Top notch security. At one point someone came out and went over everything and checked the internal system and I appreciated that. It is another level of protection.

Cheryl Sharon, PA

Sometimes customer service is slow with their responses but the equipment has worked well for me other than the battery dying I haven’t had any issues.

Sarah Springfield, OH

Other than the batteries going bad we don’t have any problems. The service lady talked us through how to replace the battery. I know the house is secured at night.

Terry Dayton, OH

From what I know their equipment is the latest. We like that the keypad lets us know if the door is being opened. It lets me know on my cellphone when there is movement.

Conrad Hunter

I had a oven fire a few years back and i put it out myself but the fire department was still dispatch with a few mins. They helped air the house out for us.

Greg and Brenda Wiens

System is simple and works very well. When ever we have contacted Fluent for assistance has always been helpful and if technician needed, has been prompt and courteous.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello Greg and Brenda, Thank you for the 5 star review!!!! We enjoy reading what our customers value in our services!!! If you ever need assistance please call us at 855.238.4826. We look forward to hearing from you!!! Thank you for being part of the Fluent family!!!

LOREN SIMONDS Salem, OR

Until today with Dylan S I would rate your customer service as piss poor lousy service. He gave me far more support and willing ness to help than all other contacts combined. He was courteous professional and gave me confidence that things will be addressed.

Hello Loren, Thank you so much for your feedback! Fluent