Fluent Security Logo

Fluent Security

6.9

Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

3.4

Wendy

The people I have dealt with are fantastic and very helpful. The only reason I gave a four is because I have to play phone tag every time our power goes out to reset the system. I’d rather have a simple push button after I put in my code, like a GFI.

Robert Columbia Falls, MT

Seems like they have pretty good equipment. I never have any issues with the equipment or the installation. It is accessible via cellphone and that is great. They have pretty good customer service though t can be hard to get a hold of them.

Diane Hampel

My smoke detector went off the other night because of something I was frying on the stove. It didn't take long before the monitoring station was asking if everything was alright. The gentleman on the other end was very nice about it and didn't make me feel stupid for the occurrence.

Barbara Columbus, OH

If there is a problem, I call and they take care of it. I have not problems with the system, it is a good company. I can leave my home and go to bed at night and know it is secure.

James Waterloo, IA

Usually they contact me if the alarm goes off before the police get here. The equipment does what it is supposed to except for the low battery indicator. The batteries are kind of hard to get and expensive.

Donna Kotyk

They are there when I need them. It also gives me peace of mind. I have felt it would be great to have a GPS system so that if I fell away from home and needed help I would still be able to communicate to get help.

Larry Swap

I rate Fluent 4 Stars as I need a new Fluent sign because my sign is so faded & I was told I will need to purchase another sign myself, even though we've been paying our monthly premium since 2009.

Christy

They have been good to me over the past years. I have heard of others that renewed their contract getting a discount on monthly monitoring fees that I didnt get offered.

Patrick Duffy

I would have rated a 5/5 except we have had problems with our monitoring equipment lately so we need to get that straight before i would give a 5/5 and 10/10 on referral.

John Crandall Hillsboro, OR

They're a good company who lives up to their reputation and follows thru to make sure their equipment is working properly. Even if they are a bit more expensive then most

Joanne

Once when our alarm went off the fluent operator did not insist that the police attend at our property although a suspicious vehicle had been noted in the area

Brittany

Generally works pretty well but have had a few things happen. Recently the alarm went off after leaving the house but we did not get a call about it.

Sandy Cojocar Regina, SK

When something goes wrong the problem is taken care of of as fast as they can do it. But being a senior they don’t rush me if I have to check anything

(Bean) Armenus Myles

They have always been here when I need them and whenever I go on line and ask a question they are always fast to respond.

Gloria Toledo, OH

Because they are not a local company , I would feel better if they were local. Fluent doesn't seem to be well known is my area.

Juanita Denver, CO

Prices are really competitive and it is easy and convenient. Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of people because they are not in my area.

Nancy Cut Bank, MT

Pushy salesman. The service tech doesn’t live in our state but they come from far away anytime we have a problem. They have a tax deduction.

Titus Dayton, OH

They should do more with doorbell cameras but all their stuff is reliable. Besides having to put in a battery one time, I haven’t had to do anything.

Cecil Coram, MT

For this area Fluent Security is the quickest to contact law enforcement. The customer service is good. They are always there for you.

Debra Cook

I had some problems "resetting" my CO detector with only telephone assistance. The first person did not know what to do to help.

Sherry Sgouromitis

Service is consistent, contact is easy, the only negative is that when control pods fail we must wait for them to be mailed. This can take some time.

Jacqueline Toledo, OH

Easy to use, I never have problem. I’ve only had to call customer service one time and they were very nice.

Charna Toledo, OH

A lot better than ADT. It is a lot easier to use and it tells me when my doors are open. They are all nice.

Anonymous Columbus, OH

It gives me peace of mind, but it could be better if I could reach it from anywhere not just at home.

Kimberly Richmond, IN

Every time I call they walk me through what I need and get me solutions quickly. I feel safe with them.

Patricia Toledo, OH

If the alarm goes off, they are prompt and contact me promptly. They are less expensive than what I had before.

Kathy Columbus, OH

My needs are taken care of. It is average security. There are no bells and whistles. Just what I need, simple.

Ron Thorpe

Lack of followup i.e- replacement batteries and where to find them (should be complimentary after 8 [email protected] +$50/ mo.))

Sara

Basic but good. Always friendly when I call for help. My security is basic so not sure how much it deters individuals

AMJ

System indicated low batteries - no info on type of battery or how to access battery in flood detector

Brenda Preece

Notifications of camera triggered video is far too sensitive. Have sometimes rec'd more than 100 when wind blowing.

Mike

Very few false alarms tech support is not the best and they want to charge you for fixing their equipment

Phaedra

I wish that phone calls to finish and follow through promotions/ and conversations were better

Rob

Fluent has provided us good customer service, both timely and responsive to our needs.

Ian Gill

Ongoing issues with a glass-break sensor in the basement going off for no reason

Angela Napavine, WA

Support never gives me any problems though the equipment can be stupid sometimes.

Nyla Alger Vancouver, WA

johnny on the spot. helpful when needed always give us a call when we have a problem

George James

Good service but to expensive in comparison to other ones on market. I will not renew.

Jean

They never replace their signs that are faded, don’t upgrade their monitor systems very often!

Sue Spanier

Very helpful when I moved to a different province, sent someone out right away to get me set up

Ronald Firth

I tried to upgrade my unit and it was not a pleasant experience. It was finally upgraded.

Edward Henry

They try and assist where possible. The companies technical service team is excellent.

clayton

Always there to help with problems and techs will stay with it until resolved.

Dale Beatty

The price is high for what you get otherwise customer service is good

James Loomis Portland, OR

Overall, Fluent is good. I have had little trouble with the system.

Brady

Very helpful. Always patient with any issues. Very good alarm system

Angel Youngstown, OH

I feel protected on my own. They answer any questions or concerns.

James Medina, OH

It is convenient to use the app. Customer service has always been responsive.

Dan

Things are fine. No complaints. Not a lot of interaction required

Robin & Gary

The app could be better and the door bell camera is garbage