Fluent Security

6.9

Fluent Security is a company whose team members have 70 years of combined experience in the security industry. The company offers customizable, state-of-the-art security, technology, and energy management products and services. Fluent Security builds custom smart security and energy-efficient home automation systems. With every family having different needs, Fluent Security makes it a priority to have flexible packages — from basic security equipment to advanced home automation.

Fluent home security offers convenience by providing you with its Alarm.com app so you can access, monitor, and control all your systems from one integrated interface. Additionally, Fluent prides itself on delivering exceptional customer service and the company strongly believes in giving back to the community through charitable donations.

However, looking through Fluent Security reviews, many consumers are dissatisfied with the company's services and note poor customer service, hefty prices, and faulty equipment. Especially with a short equipment warranty and a 36-month contract, you may want to consider looking into other home security companies before making your final purchase decision.

The Good

• Customizable Plans and Equipment
  • Home Automation
  • Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App
  • 24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring
  • Fluent Guarantee

Customizable Plans and Equipment

Fluent home security does not provide pre-built packages, rather it offers you a custom solution that allows you to hand-select security equipment that suits your needs so you don't have to pay for features you don't need. This provides more versatility to customers and peace of mind that they won't be missing out on any camera or security solutions they desire.

Standard Features Included

• Email and text notifications

Optional Features Included

• Carbon monoxide monitoring
  • Flood sensors & freeze detection
  • Personal emergency device (medical)
  • Lighting control
  • HVAC control
  • Automated door locks
  • Remote real-time video

Home Automation

Fluent Security is more than just an alarm company; it offers home automation capabilities along with its home security systems. With Fluent's smart home automation, you can:

• Monitor and remotely control door locks
  • Adjust thermostat
  • Access 24/7 live video feed from your doorbell camera and indoor security camera
  • Turn on/off your lights remotely
  • Arm/disarm security system remotely
  • Receive security notifications via the Fluent App

Remote Control Access via the Alarm.com App

Fluent also provides you with its Alarm.com app upon installation so you can access, monitor, and control your system remotely in real-time. This is great for consumers who want access to their home security system from anywhere at any time.

24/7 Burglary and Theft Monitoring

Fluent offers 24/7 burglary and theft monitoring 365 days a year while providing you with an easy to use touchscreen control panel, a customized 8-point security system and will send you email and text notifications when necessary. Fluent Security systems also sport motion sensor and glass break detector functionality. Motion detectors are easy to install, and even easier to monitor from your smartphone mobile app.

Fluent Guarantee

Unique to Fluent, the security company provides its customers with this guarantee: to only use state-of-the-art equipment, 80% of all support calls answered within 60 seconds, resolution of customer concerns on the first call, or service issues guaranteed to be serviced within seven days, and any customer not serviced within one week will receive free monitoring until their issue is resolved.

The Bad

• Prices Not Disclosed on Website
  • Fluent Security Cost
  • Three-Year Contract
  • Negative Fluent Security Reviews
  • Short Equipment Warranty
  • $99 Moving Fee
  • No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Prices Not Disclosed on Website

Fluent Security doesn't post any equipment pricing information on its website, rather the company asks that you contact a sales rep so it can provide you with a custom quote based on your specific needs. That's not necessarily a bad thing because by doing so you will only be paying for those products and services you actually need. However, this is definitely inconvenient for any homeowner looking to quickly and easily compare Fluent Security's prices to other home security providers.

Fluent Security Cost

Fluent Security has high monthly monitoring service rates starting at $51.99 with upfront fees starting at $99. Fluent Security costs will vary depending on the plan you select (home automation and added security equipment will increase your monthly fee), and all security packages require a 36-month contract.

Three-Year Contract

Fluent Security requires a three-year contract for its services. This is a somewhat common contract length within the home security industry but with the company's higher video monitoring prices, this may prove to be too expensive for some consumers. Especially with a moving fee and no money-back guarantee, be sure to understand all the terms before committing to Fluent Security's long-term contract.

Negative Fluent Security Reviews

Although there isn't a large amount of Fluent Security quite yet, the majority of the current reviews are extremely negative. Consumers note poor customer service, dysfunctional equipment, and lengthy contract. Poor reviews don't provide peace of mind to consumers that Fluent Security is a quality home security solution.

Short Equipment Warranty

Fluent Security only offers a 90-day warranty for its products. Most home security providers offer 2-year warranties or even lifetime warranties. With such a short equipment warranty, consumers may have to offer up their own money to replace any broken or malfunctioning products.

$99 Moving Fee

Fluent Security does offer removal, transport, and reinstallation services to its customers, however, the company charges $99 to move the security system to a new location. Many security providers offer moving options free of charge. This is unfortunate for any consumers who may move during their contract with Fluent Security. If this is the case, you may want to consider looking into a home security provider that does not charge a moving fee.

No 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

Unlike many home security companies, Fluent Security does not offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. The company does allow you to cancel your services for up to three days after you sign your agreement. However, this is not an ample amount of time for customers to change their minds if they decide Fluent Security is not for them. If you want more of a trial period, we suggest looking into other home security providers.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

Fluent Security advertises state-of-the-art products and professional monitoring services. However, in the company's reviews, customers note faulty equipment and a variety of other complaints, including poor customer service. Fluent's equipment warranty is also only 90 days after purchase, so if something goes wrong after that time period, the customer is responsible for paying for replacements. Customers also have to pay a $99 moving fee if they want to transfer their home security system to a new home.

Although Fluent Security allows customers to customize plans based solely on their specific needs and a few other helpful offerings, we suggest looking into a home security company with better consumer reviews.

Customer reviews are often the most telling information you can gather to determine whether a company is worth doing business with, and Fluent's reviews aren't great. Read Fluent Security reviews below if you are interested in hearing what current and past customers have to say about the home security provider.

Key Takeaways from Home Security Reviews

We analyzed all the home security reviews on BestCompany.com to understand the motivations of customers who leave a given star rating. Through careful analysis, we identified some common factors that lead to particularly positive and negative experiences. Read our report to learn the key takeaways from other customers’ experiences.

Learn More

3.4

Mary Lou Weber Erie, PA

Tried to cancel last year. When I called was told to email the request to the cancellation dept. Unfortunately, did not see the clause on the contract that said cancellation must be one month in advance. The person I spoke to at that time in the "cancellation dept." was very condescending and said I would have to continue for another year or pay for the next year to cancel. Needless to say, I didn't cancel at that time. He was not a very good rep for your company. Wish I had written down his name at the time.

Why you sent the email Bedford, OH

I have been with them several years and I have had issue with my console and they are trying to have me fix it. I am not a technician nor do I have 2 hrs to be on the phone not to accomplish the issue. I also don’t like that they ask password before making sure everything is ok.

Gerald Pierce Lac La Biche, AB

On June 11, 2021, we were assisted by Kirstie and her service was excellent! She was reliable and dependable and honored her word. She resolved our concerns and she did so in a timely manner. Also, on May 17, 2021 a technician came to our home with the intent to install security cameras that we had ordered. He was very honest and gave us excellent service but told us Fluent cameras would not work for us due to our poor internet. However, all other dealings we had with Fluent support staff/ management since May4, 2021 up until the present time was terrible and completely unacceptable! We made multiple phone calls to Fluent during this time period and dealt with Mitchel, Kurt, Misclee, Emlma, John, Jason, Josh, and Nicholas. For the most part, none of them returned calls when promised and nobody resolved our requests for service ! On top of that, on many, many occasions when we called Fluent, we spent hours and hours waiting on the phone when we were put on hold waiting for someone to help us. As an example, prior to speaking to Kirstie today, we were put on hold for 3 hours and 44 minutes waiting for Nicholas to get back to us! He never did get back to us so we finally requested a callback. Kirstie provided the callback and, as already mentioned, gave exemplary service. We are satisfied with the home security provided by Fluent, but are extremely dissatisfied with customer service and communication.

Ollie Kovaluk

I was very happy with Fluent first years. It seems that since it switched API, the service is not the same. Fluent rep used to come, when he was in my area, and check on my system just to make sure I’m okay. That does not happen anymore. I’m paying $42/month and I’m doing their tech work...had to replace the CM battery, wall monitor battery, then when I couldn’t climb up to replace the battery in the hall monitor, I couldn’t do that. Then I received an email telling me that if I didn’t send back the old hall monitor, they were going to charge me!

Gina Shymko

Up until the last month, I had been happy with Fluent. However, we recently had a fire in our shop. The heat and smoke were intense but the alarm didn’t go off until the shop was at an extremely high heat. The monitors were, by this time, melted. I was able to get help from a lady, after two futile attempts with other staff, who heyme disarm the two alarms in the shop and stop the incessant beeping of the security system. Up until this point, we had no concerns about our security system and hope to get it up and running again when the shop has been renovated.

James

Few years ago our home phone line was cut from construction 1/4 mile from home. At that time we found out that our Fluent alarm system was only linked to home phone line and not cell. If alarm was activated for break in etc there was no way we could of been notified. Also have had other problems with Fluent system which took few years to remedy.

Y.Mucker Louisville, KY

My experience with Fluent has been rocky for over 5yrs but I hung in with them. I recently got new cameras that a friend helped to activate to my tv monitor. When I needed additional help after my best friend's initial help I called Fluent Tech Dept. Richard H is a technician who was very helpful and very understanding. He put in the time to make the system work with my TV Monitor as well as gave good advice to upgrade my internet speed. Hats Off to Rich for his good work and making a good name for Fluent! Rich The Tech is 5 Stars. Y.Mucker

Juanita Crockett Cleveland, OH

Replacement sensor I was sent was defective. I was told they would not replace it and I would have to pay for replacement. The cameras I added have only worked spasmodically. They no longer take a charge and are now useless.

Cindy Lund Havre, MT

Exterior camera system is lousy. I'm tied into a long term contract and am stuck with them. The interior cameras are good, outside cameras are shut off.

Steve Kalispell, MT

Support has issues. I can’t get anybody to come out here. If they do show up they don’t have the batteries to replace the ones that need replacing. It works except for the issues.

Jillian Denver, CO

The best thing about having Fluent Security is the peace of mind knowing that my house is safe and monitored. The equipment is updated and working well. They always honor integrity. They are pretty responsive.

Nathan

In the first few years we had Fluent, they were very attentive, but once we signed on for a second term, they lost interest in us, despite the fact that we are paying absolutely top dollar compared to competitors.

Tara Ramsey Lawrenceville, GA

Last few call have not been good reps just telling me stuff to get me off the. Phone that’s was not the case with Reg or Nicole they actually took the time to listen and resolve my issues.

Cindy Galloway, OH

Poor invoice procedures & record keeping of payments. No newsletters or other communications other than attempting to collect on an already made payment.

Greg

They should offer their good standing customers the best rate without having to play negotiating game between their departments and what certain departments can offer

Karen Grosso

Last time we renewed we agreed to a lower price than you are currently charging and have ignored all my emails to try to deal with it

Vega Toledo, OH

Tried to call them about a false alarm and kept getting put on hold. And they want $100 just to move a sensor on our front door.

Gilbert Pittsburgh, PA

They don’t give complete information when you sign up. The equipment is okay. It is security. They just need to be upfront.

Charlotte Youngstown, OH

Customer service is attentive and answer with a pleasant smile. There are no real problems. When the smoke detector goes off, they do call.

Walter Toledo, OH

I feel very secure with the alarm system on the house. It seems very accurate. But, there is no one in our area to come out and service it.

Sandi McClaughry Salem, OR

System is good but have problems with getting information on how to change out the batteries on the sensors located within the house.

K Wright Denver, CO

There is usually a delay in getting service if a technician has to come to the site.

Jane Humphries Tucson, AZ

I have had problems with their customer service. they are very polite, but can't answer my questions.

Barry Blackerby Spokane, WA

They use to be active in checking with me from time to time, but I haven't heard from them in a very long time.

Jay

I have called several times about an upgrade to my system and have not received a call back to discuss.

Kyle

No support or updates about current products. They install the equipment and never to return or be heard from again.

Pat Shea

More expensive than my children's systems and the new door bell camera is useless. It may or may not work.

Anonymous Toledo, OH

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but I like the price and the stuff is reliable.

Nina Dayton, OH

Sometimes it goes off on its own for no reason but when I’ve called I’ve gotten immediate action.

Pamela Jackson, MS

Customer support responds quickly. The equipment doesn't hold a battery charge, though.

Sid

Fluent changed their app which meant our phones no longer were able to access our system.

Gerald Miller

Too Expensive for me to be able to continue with security, I’m now retired on fixed income

Linda Hartum

One of our sensors keeps falling off so we can’t set the alarm. Company has not repaired it.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello. We are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can reach out to you?

Apr. 7th, 2021

Brent

With so much new competition, there are equivalent options that are substantially less expensive.

Jessica

Security is great. Equipment is junky. Takes a long time to send techs to fix faulty equipment

Mark Domes

Satisfied with equip and service, though higher monthly monitoring fees than competitors

Lakiesha Cincinnati, OH

I might be changing. They need to do better and update their system.

Richard West Mifflin, PA

It's not the best. They could be more thorough when someone calls.

Mel Henderson

There is nothing from them as far as contact to see if we are happy

Nelson

They never reach out to see if all is good. No follow ups for customer service

Ronald R Raney Yakima, WA

my main station battery is peeping and I cant get in to change the battery

Kevin

No incentives to build on existing features lack of communication

Wes

After installation you never see anyone unless you have trouble, no follow up.

Geraldine N Coulter Salem, OR

It takes a too long to get a technician out to service your equipment.

Ken Zahara

Have not had any alarms or have ever used another security provider

Stephanie Howse ,

We became fluent customers in 2019. The previous alarm company had a flood sensor that was supposedly working and didn’t alert us to water in our basement. So we had a flood and had $30000 in damages. We switched to fluent , who used the same flood sensor from ADT, said it was working. I had an alert Monday eve around 7. I called customer support who said they did not have the flood sensor in the monitoring system. We tried to add it unsuccessfully. I was very upset by this, as we thought we were protected from a potential flood but were not. I spoke with a lady Diya, she was great and sent us a free sensor( was worth $150}. I want to thank her, she was very professional and understanding. This has changed my opinion of fluent, so hoping their customer service continues in the manner as Diya performed.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hey Stephanie, We'd like to make this right for you and get a new sensor sent out. We were unable to locate your account by just your name. Would you mind sending us your address, and we'll get this looked after right away!

Apr. 15th, 2020

Marilyn Meridian, ID

I have been with them a little over a year, I am not at satisfied with the time in between the alarm going off and the time it takes to get a phone call to make sure your ok. And each time it is longer. It's not often it happens but hopefully it will never be anything serious.

Reply from Fluent Security

Hello, we are so sorry to hear your experience wasn't awesome. Fluent would love to get this turned around for you. Do you mind sending us your contact information to [email protected] so we can locate your account? Once we are able to locate your account we can send this information to our Monitoring Station to request they call out it a timeframe that works best for you!

Nov. 6th, 2020

Derek & Lori

To arm or unarm from your phone it’s hit and miss a lot.

Anita

Fair, good quality system, feel safe and secure

Penny

Not happy with the thermostat but that’s just me.